Speaker 1: I got nervous. He always good nervous, right, he runs the show.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 3: Jason Hayward, David Ross, Anthony Rizzo. Welcome back to another episode of Level Reunion. We are here a Marquis Studios, my partner, David Ross, ih Nah Jason Hayward, two time World Series Champion, five gold gloves and all around one of the best human beings I've ever played with, teammates I've ever played with. Welcome to the show. Can you believe it's been ten years.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe it's been ten years. I appreciate that welcome, you know, coming from people with high praise in the game, some of my favorite teammates in the world and best people to be around, and we're doing it here in Chicago, so it's good to be with you guys.
Speaker 5: We go, we go way back, like Atlanta. That's where I kind of want to start with your career. I watched and probably a lot of Cubs fans. Remember, I gotta set the scene because I've never you and Freddie say coming up together, and you guys came to spring training and obviously big, huge humans coming in all this hype about what they're supposed to be and I'm getting chills thinking about it.
Speaker 1: And Opening Day you take Zaan Brono.
Speaker 5: Way back into the bullpen, and like I thought in my career as one of the coolest moments I had ever seen from a rookie with all the hype you got and how you've handled it, kind of played out your whole career who you are and how pro you are.
Speaker 1: But you just handle.
Speaker 5: Everything so easily and the expectation around you, and then you go deep deep Opening Day, Bro, you carried that well with class as you did your whole career. Man, it's like it's really looking back, it's fun to look back.
Speaker 1: On those moments and been able to watch. We were lockermates, right, No, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Tom flew from that moment on, like from the first A B to here we are today talking about it like I've just retired. You've just retired. Fortunately we got to spend the last year of your career together. You walking off as a champion, hitting the home in your last freaking game.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Those are the moments right there.
Speaker 4: Boy, You know that we get chills about obviously, but oh man, like your locker being next to mine. People ask me about did I ever get ship as a rookie, and I'm like, for the most part, no, you got what you gave. But if anybody was going to give it to me, right absolutely, right here. My favorite thing you always bee you replaced.
Speaker 5: We used to go to the Team Dinners in Atlanta, and we didn't have a whole lot of like high like Big Network Sunday games. We always got to go somewhere and go Team Dinners all the time. And Jay, hey, we'd order and I always did the sides and never going around and.
Speaker 1: Freaking Jay, Hey, hey, Ross, can you give me some of the crab.
Speaker 2: Grab games?
Speaker 1: But he wouldn't order himuse his rookie. He was like, hey, we.
Speaker 3: Were twenty when you broke in twenty Wow. I remember in two thousand and six we were playing in East Cobb, Georgia. Marriotta, Georgia. You're in the East Cobb astros. I believe, right, is that the time you run and I knew who you were. You had no idea who I was. And your dad was working like maintenance on the field, and my dad talked to your dad about Jason Hayward and this and that, and we played against each other. You don't remember what I do because you were a superstar and I was an one at the time. So but it was so cool to see you make your debut with the Braves. You and Freddie Freeman, we all got drafted the same year. You get drafted by your hometown team. How cool was that slash? Looking back? How hard was that?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 4: Man, all those moments, even coming from an East Cobb, all the build up being in the Braves backyard.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: We watched a lot of guys do that, some of our former teammates, right, Brian McCann, Frank Core, you know, Eric Kenski. But it was it was like, welcome to the big leagues. You watch this team on TV your whole life. Now you get to go be in the same clubhouse with the Bovia Cox Chipper Jones, Like Chipper was like one of my baseball cards. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Well, that's your hometown exactly.
Speaker 1: We used to tell Chipper we grew up watching him on Black and White team.
Speaker 5: You No, it's all coming back around, man, it's the Atlanta time was fun and being the being locker mats for all that time, watching you grow in your career, and following as I left him, went to Boston and then you know, you bounced around a little bit. You went to the enemy for a little bit, went to Saint Louis, had a really good year before here, took less money.
Speaker 1: Right, walk me through your free agent process.
Speaker 5: You're finally a free agent, bounced around a little bit, had a great year in Saint Louis, and you choose the Cubbies.
Speaker 4: So getting traded out of Atlanta, getting introduced to the business ide very young into the game. Uh, Saint Louis year twenty fifteen was my free agent. Walk here, great group of people, amazing vibes playing baseball, playing to win, right, living World championships. I'm like, this is what I asked to do, is just play to win. But you don't know how it's going to go. It goes. But playing this division was like an introduction to the Midwest. Those vibes of people who care about their teams with like a different type passion. And so getting to do that six times a year, you know, three times, you know here it really because that's when you still played the teams every time before all the inter league coming to regularly, I'm like, for one, first thing I know is like they got a lot of young guys. They're going to be together for a long time. And if I had to pick somewhere, I want to be That's ideal. After seeing what was happening in Saint Louis, it was about a kind of tear down and rebuild. We went through it in Atlanta, I'm like, I want to go somewhere, and like you don't know who's going to be with, but then you just adding everything else that comes with being a cup, like the history playing on this like cathedral of a saying lot here at regularly, all the history there. But then like yourself, then seeing Dex, then seeing Rossie come over, seeing them go get less, knowing that THEO has all types of experience, and like breaking a curse. So I'm like you, if I got a choice, like let's make it here. They know no brainer, like they're trying to win. They got a group that's going to be the guyther for a long time. Let's see if we can make history.
Speaker 1: And you've made your home here, that's how much you've liked it. Yeah, that's impressive.
Speaker 3: When THEO is selling you in the free agent, because when you're a good When you're really good, when you're a top free agent, you get the red carpet treatment, probably flew around and meet everyone. We were never that good out about us.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 3: But what was he selling you on here? Because you say the cathedral, but you don't really I feel like until you play here, you really don't understand it until you're ingrained in this culture of the fandom, playing at Wrigley every day, playing at Real really on a Tuesday in August and it's sold out, you know what I mean? Like all what makes it special being in a neighborhood, the boat on the lake right, everything that comes in it so.
Speaker 1: Way, games is so great for your family. I love that about it here.
Speaker 3: Other than really winning, what else did he come at you with to get you to come here? Because ultimately you did take less money to be a Chicago cumpany I did.
Speaker 4: I was offered two hundred from Saint Louis for ten uh sixteen, that was unheard of with no opt outs, and then and the full no trade, offered two hundred Nationals with Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: They made the last offer, Colonel Fans and then let's go.
Speaker 4: The Nationals with Dusty Baker was there, offered two hundred for eight or whatever. But as far as THEO goes, that was one of the I didn't go around, bro, Like, I kind of did the thing that I've always done, just stay low key, wait to see how things play out. I'm twenty six years old, so I know at the worst, Bro, like, I'm going somewhere somebody's gonna pay me some kind of money and I have a chance to like keep going trying to win.
Speaker 2: But everything just lined up. You know.
Speaker 4: It was like, Bro, we played against you guys here in fifteen last series between Cards Cubs at Brickley, Who and so we took two out of three in Saint Louis, Like the Saint Louis side we won the first two, but the last one Cubbies won. I remember leaving the visiting locker room, getting on the bus headed to the airport.
Speaker 2: No police escort. That's a big thing.
Speaker 1: Shout out VJ.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And as we're headed towards Urban Park, I was like, wait a minute, bro, Like we just won the series here two out of three, and it feels like they just won the damn series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's placed rocks Man.
Speaker 2: So those things are what sold me naturally.
Speaker 4: And then like everything else, you talk about day games, you talk about being a part of the regular culture the city, seeing Cubs logos everywhere on everything like those are things that I got to experience as I got here that I had not as much of an idea.
Speaker 3: But there's something about the warm summer air and a cold chrona the line that makes the roar ofless crowds sound a lot like the roar of the waves.
Speaker 1: That's because this is our plaia, and the best seats are always wherever you're sitting, whether.
Speaker 3: It's a week night game under the lights or a Sunday afternoon in the sun. You know, baseball isn't about rushing around.
Speaker 5: It's about sitting in letting the game come to you. And nothing pairs better than an ice cold corona.
Speaker 3: Nothing, So find your seat, your corona, and your line, because real fans know only thing better than nine innings is extra innings, especially on Laplaia means beach Corona laply alwaits, the official surveysa of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: Get yours at order.
Speaker 5: Corona dot com for twenty one plus relaxed responsibly. Corona Extra Beer imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 3: A show I'm so excited to see in July is bon Jovi at the Garden.
Speaker 1: Let's go Slippery when wet out.
Speaker 3: Looking at tickets on seat geek, you're getting me one.
Speaker 1: Can you sing me a.
Speaker 5: Song every ros that's good poison Okay, outtakes. This is why I want to give a sponsor shout out to see geek where we get our tickets. There's nothing better to getting on there and getting really good seats last minute.
Speaker 1: That's how I roll.
Speaker 3: With thirty five million downloads, seek geek is a number one rated ticketing app.
Speaker 5: There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more.
Speaker 3: MLB is in full swing. The NFL schedule is out, which means the season is around the corner. It was sea Geek, being MLB's official ticket marketplace. Your tickets are fully guaranteed and instantly fulfilled in your account after purchase.
Speaker 5: Bro I love using seak. You can just hit the month of June scroll through. I can't decide ed Sharon Morgan walland Garth Brooks ooh post Malone. I mean, look, look at all the options here in June. Megan Maroni. H Now, let's do posts.
Speaker 1: I love post Malone.
Speaker 5: Where we seek Where were saying we're going to pick some green dots? The best deals are the green dot deals. We're gonna send front row hump post y Seek Geek has your back. Each ticket is rated from a scale of one to ten, so you know if you're getting a good deal or not. Look for the green dot. Green means good, red means bad.
Speaker 1: Pretty simple.
Speaker 5: Plus, every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee.
Speaker 3: And of course I have a code for you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Can use code level Reunion ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at Sea Geek.
Speaker 5: That's ten percent off any tickets with promo code Lovable Reunion ten.
Speaker 3: Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 5: Thank you, See Geek, Thanks suit Boom, shout out suit Book SG in the house, guys, we're on the number one team in the world, so it only makes sense that we would partner with the number one brand.
Speaker 1: For better sex. Blue Choo. If you want a Gold Glove Performance in the Bedroom. Check out blue Choo Gold.
Speaker 5: It's a FOURM to one formula designed for performance and passion. Two ingredients maximize blood flow for stronger, longer lasting results and to get you in the mood mentally, it dissolves under your tongue for faster results. Guys, blue Choo Gold will have you feeling like a slugger in the nineties, juiced up and ready to knock it out of the park. Upgrade your performance, experience it yourself at blue choo dot com. You've got a special deal for our listeners right now. When you buy two months of blue Choo Gold, get a third free with a promo code Lovable.
Speaker 1: That's promo code Lovable.
Speaker 5: Visit blue choo dot com for more details and important safety information. We thank you blue Choo for sponsoring the pod and in the Bedroom.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: I remember so every visiting player used to come here. They used to be like, man, I don't know how you do all these day games. I think you've said it to me too, But then when you get to Chicago, when you play the day games, you don't understand. I never understood what anyone was talking about. And then I got traded to New York and the day games there were. Then I immediately realized what every visitor used to say to me. I don't know how they did all those day games because it was just a different day game in New York compared to Chicago. We're here, it's like, you play the day game, you're out by five thirty, You got family in town, you get to be a normal person. You can go to dinner nice when I was younger. When I was younger, it was like, oh, yeah, it's great. You know, if you go out, you can go home by you know, eleven or twelve. Come to find out, no, you just start earlier. Still at the same time, right, yeah, So I think that kind of went against In.
Speaker 5: The boat days, we talked about like, I mean, we can get into just how generous you've been, and we'll get into that with with so much of of your fortune that you were able to make in this game and treating other people, but taking us out on your boat for.
Speaker 1: Those day games and having like team.
Speaker 5: We did a lot of team camaraderie of the off the field, and it was because of like you and Johnny Lester and guys that was like going out with Riz and just we did a lot of fun stuff off the field that was was really really valuable.
Speaker 2: But before we.
Speaker 5: Forget Atlanta, I've got to bring up I'll.
Speaker 1: Call it the cup bump. All right, cup call, there's another word, costar, you can say.
Speaker 2: It's his show, he can say it.
Speaker 5: So we had this thing and we're watching Dusty Baker on MLB Network, watching him them talking by him in inventing the high five, and I'm in the lock We're all in the locker room. I'm like, he invented the high five. I want to invent something cool. And I was like, what about the cock bump and cup bump up? And Ugler was like, I was like, if we go deep, I want I want somebody else.
Speaker 1: We're touching cups. Sure enough is the one who hits the first home run and his eyes were this big looking for me.
Speaker 2: He watched it him.
Speaker 1: That's when it started, and we started the cup bump.
Speaker 5: But then Jay Hay coming over in sixteen, we're on a bus ride and he leans over to me.
Speaker 1: His ROSSI what happened to the what happened to the cup bump? The cock bump? And I'm like, we need to bring that back, don't we He's like absolutely, And that's how that all started.
Speaker 5: And then we watched my home run in Game seven, and I watched that highlight every once in a while when it pops up, and it's just like.
Speaker 1: I'm just cockbuff and everything it was, it was, it was fun.
Speaker 5: I wanted to I had to bring that up because you were the one that brought that back over here.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: It's so funny because sometimes I'll see the highlight of your homwerk and then it gets to like right where he's about to get to me on deck and they're like they'll.
Speaker 2: Bleep it out. I'm like, I know, I know why they bleep that out.
Speaker 5: You're the first one I saw walking in after home run and you were looking at me like we're doing this boom so good.
Speaker 3: There's nothing better then. There's nothing better than in a game when you have your your stuff with your guys, like the inside jokes and it comes to life.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you were talking about it in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, see it to fruition. Neutrafoil is a number one dermatologist recommended hair growth supplement brand and the official hair growth partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: For a limited time, neutrafold is offering our listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you visit neutrofold dot com and enter promo code t l R.
Speaker 3: That's neutrofold dot com spelled n U t R a f o l dot com promo code t l R.
Speaker 1: What you think they can't spell it? After I say it, spell it.
Speaker 3: We're doing a hair product ad in. You have a hat on, so why don't you share the viewers.
Speaker 1: I got a hat on because I need some neutrapil in my life.
Speaker 3: Think about how much better your hair is going to look after taking neutrophil.
Speaker 1: Think about how much more money I would make about your float.
Speaker 3: Well, my hair started to look better thanks to neutrapil.
Speaker 1: Oh man so jealous?
Speaker 3: Hey Loveble Reunion listeners, we have news. We're going to Philadelphia this summer and we want you there with us. The twenty twenty six MLB All Star Game is July fourteenth. That Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 1: Phillies first Midsummer Classic since nineteen ninety six. But before that, on Derby Day, July thirteenth, we're recording a live episode of this show right inside the event you can be in the room.
Speaker 3: On Location is Making It Happen, the official hospitality provider of MLB and the only place for official VIP packages. Every package includes guaranteed game tickets, premium hospitality, all inclusive food and drinks, and exclusive access all week.
Speaker 1: Derby Day packages get you into the home run Derby Bash at Lincoln Financial Field. That's where're recording the live show and a select group of guests will get to meet up after.
Speaker 3: This is the first for us and we want you there. Go to on location exp dot com, slash lovable to lock in your package links in the show notes.
Speaker 1: Be there.
Speaker 3: I know the story. I know this story behind your number is special to you. I know you've told the story before, But can you explain why number twenty two you wore out your whole career for the most part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, I appreciate your guys asking about it, and I haven't tatted here on my neck. One of my high school teammates, Andy will Mott, he's UH from Middle Tennessee. He was a senior. He was junior. Sorry the girl we want to stay together. I was a sophomore, but my senior year he came back from UH school, came to our homecoming football game, saw his mom. His mom was one of my teachers, and she was beloved throughout the whole community. She was like team mom of the whole school, Miss Tammy Rushting. And we find out the Monday morning on his way back, he gets in the car accident, passes away, and I just remember, like the whole baseball team coming together alone first in the cafeteria, and I mean, these are things you can't make up, like the feelings that that brought and how it brought us down. But immediately we wanted to all rush together be supportive of her. And I remember going back to her classroom every day whenever I was walking through to another class like, hey, how are you good to see you?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: When I graduated, I would come back. I would go to her classroom, sitting there like talk crap the summer. Her students feel like, hey, like, y'all better be nice to her. If not, she's going to tell me and so on. So that was routine. So once I found out I was going to be number twenty two with Atlanta, Nate mccloth had number twenty four. He'll be trained over from the Pirates, and I remember Ben Benn. Yeah, after Ben Akrey coming up to me in the clubhouse in Orlando's like, hey, Jay, like, I know you've been twenty four, you're a hoker and from high school, but are you cool with twenty two? I'm like absolutely, Oh wow. I'm like it's you know what, it's perfect. And so driving up from spring training, our first season opener was in was in Atlanta April fifth, and I stopped through Henry County, go by the high school. My fall league jersey was also number twenty two. And so if you do fall league right, like, you get the major league replica jersey. I was like, she's going to get the first one before I even get one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I walk in the classroom tell her nobody else knew my number at the time, right because you keep it a secret. And I handed to her and I'm like, I want you to have this, and she just broke down.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: But that's that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's how it came about.
Speaker 4: And she had the first jersey walking in before they started the sales and like the fifth inning or whatever. So that's that's the story. I want her to do something in memory of Andy. Do it for her and then everybody else in Herrick County. They knew Andy so well. I appreciate you guys asking.
Speaker 1: Me, of course.
Speaker 3: I mean Jay Hay always was so generous for us. And we talk about all the guys on the team that were generous, right Lester Lackey, Jay being twenty six years old, being a massive veteran on our team with deep pockets, which which definitely help. But every every year, for the most part, every opening Day. I think Lester may have done this first, and then you you did it? Would you get us iPads one year? The new computers and Apple.
Speaker 5: Comparisers still have I tell the story my son, my son has stolen them. But the Apple the Apple earphones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody, when you're when you're super pro in the big leagues, on opening Day, you'll buy all the boys gifts kind of wishing them, Hey, here's cheers. Do a good season year in and year out. That's that stuff adds up. But you always did it. And even today I see Jay today, haven't seen him in a while. We're both Arsenal fans soccer, fans football. They just won the Premier League twenty twenty six Champions one two years and Jayy, out of the kindness of his heart, gives me a nice little Premier League championship with a bottle of screaming. I don't know if you ever heard of it, but this is some rare software and it's this is gift comes bearing gifts. Sure, we should have been giving us him a gift to this.
Speaker 1: You know you don't bring gifts. We're giving you. So we've got a nice lovable reunion hoodie for you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Yeah, I appreciate it. Yeah, we're celebrating though. This is this is just who we are. This is our culture, this is our DNA, and like you can't fake it. So just happy, happy to do it well.
Speaker 5: And so that just leads me into it's so funny how these things just kind of walk themselves. You signed with the Cubs, you get all that money. I get a text from.
Speaker 3: DJ says, DJ's are traveling having secretary.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's in the Show's the show that says, Hey, mister Hayward's taking care of your room on the road all year long.
Speaker 1: He's given you a suite so you can enjoy your last year with the family.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, wait, what I do you even know?
Speaker 1: Like, huh, what what do you mean?
Speaker 5: And he goes, he goes, I'm just I'm just doing what mister Hayward said. So I call him, man, what a cool one, what a cool idea. And then you took care of me and Eric Hinsky for a suite on the road my last year, and I was able to bring my family. I had one of the sickest rooms. We shared a room in Vegas. That was the two bedrooms we'd start the sixteenth season. Oh, it was ridiculous. But man, that was like the proesst of pros. Talking about how generous you are again with gifts and then just taking care of the people who you've been around and looked up to and it impacted your life was just like super cool. I still tell everybody that story all the time. It's like it's wild man.
Speaker 3: Backup catcher getting a suite on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I could negotiate the I wouldn't give me one. That's all right. I got my man Jay hay taking care of me.
Speaker 4: No, But you talk about impacting someone's life, man, I'm twenty years old making my way into the big leagues.
Speaker 2: These are my college yeares.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, no doubt, And I'm an adult playing for my hometown team. But I'm no longer at home like I'm at work, and so getting to have my locker next to yours, like show me every day, paying attention to detail how to be a pro. I got to see you fight for guys every damn day. But then on your day, we know how it is on his start day.
Speaker 2: No doubt. Get the fuck out of the way.
Speaker 3: Angry, I'm angry. So I only signed two your deals.
Speaker 1: As I said, you just signed to your deals because your clubhouse cancer segond.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I just again, I look back on that and what a great ride my last year was obviously, and you guys carrying me off the field and what I mean, that's the coolest moment ever. And we'll get to that, but like just that year in general, and how special, like each person is a piece, right.
Speaker 1: We talked about Decks and Johnny and all.
Speaker 5: The guys, like everybody matters, Lackey, Leicester Areata, just so many great dudes on that team and we're all brothers for life. But like it was stuff like that that separated this team that I've I've been on and able to be a part of the special dudes, what.
Speaker 3: Were your first impressions signing? Because you signed Cubs convention. We all went out, right, I remember all us all going out, So what was your first because I had a charity event, right, we did the laugh off for cancer, and then we all went out afterwards, and I remember you came with us, and I was pumped because we're the same age. My job on the team was to always make everyone feel welcome as fast as possible, and you're the big free agent, so it was like I was pumped, bro right away.
Speaker 4: I knew talking about like making people feel comfortable and feel welcome, like you brought that vibe, bro, Like it's very comfortable. Like for me when I saw Tony every day at the field, I'm like, nah, like this is the cobbies right here, Like these are the vibes, this is Chicago, and you wore that on your sleeves.
Speaker 1: That's what I tell him, right, you can't have a bad time around Tony.
Speaker 2: You can't have a bad time around Tony. Even when he's having a bad time, when.
Speaker 4: He's taking front of him, you still can't have a bad time around him. But I love that you asked this because My impression is we go to your chariot event after Cubs Convention, getting welcomed by the fans and everything like that, like you felt the momentum. But then we go to dinner, one of the best show dinners you're ever gonna have, get to sit down and talk with the boys, get to like lock up with Swarves a little bit, talk outfield stuff and like sword just like, I'm pumped, Bro, we got you, we got you. We got you in the outfield. Bro, Like I'm super pumped to have you, and I'm like, thank you, Bro, I appreciate it. But stuff's coming at me fast. Of course, we go out. We're all in suits and stuff, right, we're looking sharp. They'll dap it up. We have our own section at this club. But people are still like coming through like foldo videos. Yes, and I remember, but that was the first time I had been out where it's like, yeah, it doesn't matter, like we're good bro, like THEO whoever, Like they don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, I remember I said that too.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, we're getting ready to do something special. We're gonna go out here. We're gonna go like as far as we can into the postseason. We need to show up every day and try to win. That's all they care about. But like to put a bowl on this. We go out, we party hard, we have fun. The next morning, waking up, I look at Instagram, I see sports Center has posted the caption your twenty sixteen World Series Champs. No way, and above that is a photo of all of us out that night. I'm like, bro, there's no way that made like Instagram sports Center right now, it's January January fifteen, sixteen. Yeah, so, like those were our vibes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like we've been talking about that every every episode. Those were the vibes. Oh in the spring training it set the tone.
Speaker 1: Wow, well that was it?
Speaker 5: Like what so now you you meet the boys and then now you're pumped to go in spring training? Like what was your first impressions of Joe and the and the group as a whole. Obviously we love Mesa and Sloan Park and all that, but like Bussy Bussy the whole skit.
Speaker 4: There was someone to cover every detail of whatever they needed to be right, whether it's like all right, we need to step up a little bit more, we need to chill the fuck out a little bit more, Joe. Sometimes Joe'd be like, why you guys getn't here so early? It makes no sense?
Speaker 1: You know what it is great now you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: But we'd be like, no, bro, like we care, we want to I know you care, you know, but like it was just nice to have those kind of voices of reason. But then lastly, like playing at Sloan Park, they wanted you to get him in on second with a double nobody out, We need you to get him over, and we needed a guy on the guy on third to score from like a ground ball somewhere or side fly. In spring training game one, we're expecting ABC Baseball. We need to win today at Sloan Park. Yeah, those were new vibes for me, and like it was, it was it was a cool way to be like, nah, like we're trying to do this.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Do you at what point though, did you really realize we had a good team from day one to spring training or was there something? Because I mean spring training every team thinks they're good, right, we obviously had a lot of momentum. We beat you guys in fifteen to get even more momentum we sign you was it spring training? Was there a game early on in the regular season that you felt something different or that it was just survived the whole time.
Speaker 4: I look at everything like it's one season, always like I can't help it, gifting a curse. But no, I just felt like every variable, every hurdle we came through challenge with all right, Bro, so what we lost today? Are all right, guys, we're down five, so what And the other teams would see us be that way, laughing through our struggles. We'd come back, win, win, six'. Five we're up by three going into the, eighth we went fucking by. Ten we never stopped playing the. Game we never stopped having, fun like correcting each, other and So, bro all those moments like we would, fight we would, argue AND i very much so felt LIKE i was on like one of my travel teams growing, up because it was, Like, bro three two, count we're locked arms in the, dugout no matter if we're like just like figured.
Speaker 3: Out we were just on the, base on the, base like for them to get on the base. Manifested, yeah, man, Yeah so.
Speaker 4: All those, things all those little, details like no, shit they counted it, mattered but on a daily, basis how that not, Bro like there's nowhere Else i'd rather be right, now AND i was struggling right on the offensive time and not making it about, me but like those, things focusing on, winning focusing on having, fun and like moving through the tough times and laughing at them and saying, no like we got something to, do we got somewhere to be that made it the.
Speaker 5: Best that's what looking back and obviously knowing in the moment, Too but LIKE i think one thing that stands out to your teammates that have been around you is like you never took your offense to defense or your struggles offense into the dugout or into the.
Speaker 1: Clubhouse like you came to win every day with the mindset of.
Speaker 5: Like i'm here to come to, Work i'm here to help everybody get. Better i'm here to do my, part AND i want to win baseball, games whether it's not about me like you, said like, statistically BUT i do know you as a person and being able to manage you and all, That like you put a lot of pressure on. Yourself it had to be hard coming in with like a hundred you know that much money coming your way and again another moment where you know you carry a Little it's not LIKE kb had a set of expectations that he you, know that he dealt with and put a lot of pressure on. Himself you had it, Differently AND i saw it In john in his first, year like it's hard coming into a new place with that much money and.
Speaker 1: Everybody expected you to go deep four.
Speaker 5: Times a, game, Right, like tell, me, how tell me how hard that was on the back end of your career after so much success early on in his, career he went through some. Struggles you, KNOW i TALK i think about sixteen and everybody.
Speaker 1: Mattered but the fact.
Speaker 5: Of like how you carried yourself through the, STRUGGLES i thought was like spoke volumes to who you are and that most people know you.
Speaker 4: Well the name of the game is how you handle. Failure you're going to fail more times than, not and for us as baseball, players like that can be very, cliche BUT i knew how to handle.
Speaker 2: It hated. It but moving past, that, bro, like how was?
Speaker 4: It it was like having the Biggest rubik's qub in the world and just every day trying to figure everything his baseball, everything and because of the variable for, me it was, new like to have so many day. Games this is the third new city three years in a, row going From Atlanta Saint louis To chicago and leaving the, Field i'm, like all, Right i'm going, Home like we just had a.
Speaker 2: Game i'm going. Home we got a game. Tomorrow But i'm, like wait a, Minute like the sun's still. Out you know it rained. Earlier now it's. Beautiful it's, Amazing LIKE i need to figure, out like What i'm going to.
Speaker 4: Eat there's a billion great restaurants to pick, from but, like but where DO i?
Speaker 2: Go how DO i do?
Speaker 3: It like all little, things all human elements that you're getting east to new, city new, people new, faces, names literally everything.
Speaker 4: Everything so like those things along the, Way i'm, like, yeah, bro it's a. Lot BUT i knew there was. QUIT i knew we're going to do our best to. Win and that's just, Me like how DO i move past? It trying to win and sometimes right too Hard and if you live like, that we know how it's going to.
Speaker 2: Go like you don't get a lot of good.
Speaker 4: Results so that that kind of lined up that way for, Me LIKE i, said gift and a, curse you can be trying to. Win you can want to win so. Badly but, yeah obviously like base running club house sometimes getting some big knocks there because of our lineup being so so well put. Together like every a bat was a bigger, bat you know What i'm. Saying like that's another, Thing like everya bat's a bigger. Bat like that's that's a new. Thing like regardless of how much money you're, making, bro like if you're playing on a team that actually legitimately expects to, Win like these are different, vibes so like so all, new.
Speaker 5: But but it never matters how much money you, make like that's the product of the, success like moving, Forwards LIKE i don't get in the, box.
Speaker 1: Go, Oh i'm. CHILL i got plenty of.
Speaker 3: Money, no it only it only matters when you get a.
Speaker 1: DINNER i get all the, free, free free.
Speaker 3: Meals SO i like being being one of the guys on the, team, right being the, leader young leader like you, were like we were when You what you have to learn in the big leagues is when we're winning like we, Were AND i learned this in twenty fifteen and then sixteen and. On when we win and you don't do well, personally you have to man up and go into that clubhouse and legitimately be happy for your other teammates to have good. Games and on the other, side you need to also realize that if you have a good, game you can't be the raw raw guy because there's three or four guys that didn't have a good, game Right but like, that.
Speaker 2: Nobody like that.
Speaker 3: Guy guy is the worst guy because they're so happy if they get a, hit and if they don't get a, hit they're down in the. Dumps and it's just it's such a long. Season but you were so good at, that and looking back now and talking about you taught me that because WHENEVER i would not have a good game, PERSONALLY i would literally lean on the guys who had a good game to cheer me up. Personally and that's what makes a winning team because a lot of, teams they'll come in and be like they'll. Winning you guys aren't doing. Well those guys kind of bad, eggs and it's on the good guys to uplift the entire.
Speaker 1: Team where do you feel like that comes?
Speaker 5: From like, you you obviously LIKE i know you're, here but, everybody your reputation everywhere you've Been you're loved by. Everybody you're the proest of. Pros like where did you learn? That your your mom and, DAD i know are special you know watching them be around when you came, up and they're special humans as, Well but like where do you think you learned.
Speaker 1: Just you're just so.
Speaker 5: Probo you're always thinking about others and you put yourself, second which is like not always a case with.
Speaker 4: Superstars you, know first, off my parents managers will take you where money. Won't that was like big in the, house earn everything that comes.
Speaker 1: From manners will take you where money.
Speaker 2: Money will not take. You, obviously the other cliche.
Speaker 4: Like like it's not always like what you know who you? Know but, no, Bro since eight years, Old i've been taught how to play the game right, way And i've seen that play out over and over again with winning, baseball and we won The Roberto Clement Taybor World series as the McDonough dodgers seven and.
Speaker 2: Eighteen then we went.
Speaker 4: Into like travel ball at nine years, old played in all these kind of, Tournaments Super, SERIES aau and so. On then you talk about getting To East cobb winning a state. Championship he was the best player ever you, Win, Bro like sophomore ye first, round so that was the first round and we don't know, nothing you know WHAT i? Mean but it was all those things for me came from loving, practice loving the, game and then WHEN i got to the, GAME i was, like oh this is you, know we've already been over, This like now just go, play just go have, fun like you're always playing to. Win And i've been on so many teams in the big leagues where every game it counted for. Something and the first TIME i remember the first TIME i stepped on the field in twenty fourteen With Atlanta, braves it was like the last week and half of the season that we weren't playing for.
Speaker 2: ANYTHING i was, like what are we?
Speaker 4: DOING i did not like, it and so as on the back end of my, career like began to appreciate and respect.
Speaker 2: That But, BRO i just cared about. WINNING i cared about.
Speaker 4: OTHERS i cared about the, details like the hard work the catchers put, in the relievers put, in like guys that are grinding trying to figure things, Out like all the attention comes your way when people think About Kyle, cubbs Like Tony, rizzo how Did rizzo do?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 2: Right, Oh like Did rizzo come? Through Did rizzo?
Speaker 4: Failed same WITH, kb like being a big superstar, Rookie Like i've been, there done, That Like hobby trying to figure things, Out Johnny lester being him lack like all these, details, bro Like i've seen play out in different roles in my lifetime in. Baseball i'm just, like, nah, like just make sure everybody else is. GOOD i Know i'm gonna be, good, right make sure everybody else is good and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Roll it's a unique. Quality is it's such a such a good.
Speaker 3: Quality did you have a did you have a time in sixteen where you're, like what the fuck are we? Doing from like From joe from The circus AS i would pull from Me Dexter rossy going at or clubhouse stuff where you're ever just, like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Here every?
Speaker 1: Day and.
Speaker 2: Every every day is a good?
Speaker 3: Answer every good, answer good, answer good answer.
Speaker 4: To like when we were At Cubs con this year earlier and we had that dinner AND i was telling you, guys like, genuinely thank you for showing me how to have fun playing this, game because it's not the night, shift it's the day shift right coming here To wrigley and then enjoying the, city enjoying your, life like which are all things THAT i think are very important to talk about, me like Making chicago. Home But i'm, like all, right, Bro like we've got guys TAKING bp before a day. Game we've guys got not TAKING. Bp we got guys taking a. Nap we've got guys eating in the dugout in the third. Inning we've got guys eating. In it's a legit, circus, Bro no Dou like SOMETIME i was a nap. Guy by the, WAY i became a nap. Guy, yeah you, know like didn't KNOW i needed. IT i needed, It and so there's a, reason like things started to trend, up but you had to figure out your. Place but, like well there's so many, things like all the times we got together and met, up yeah after the, game like with with not just the, players with, everyone whether it's, families your, girlfriend people's. Dogs like we had dolls on the. Plane we had dolls on the show. Plane that's the thing.
Speaker 5: So, well and you talk ABOUT i Think joe facilitated a lot of.
Speaker 1: That we had the guys that did, it.
Speaker 5: But joe kind of kind of led us to be, like you need a life outside of, baseball like turn off when you leave this place and have some. Fun we had so many great charity events when those years were here with, You, Lester, joe like, everybody we had, big a lot of big charity events where we celebrated and had fun off the.
Speaker 1: Field let's get to some playoff. Talk, Please let's get to some playoff, talk, RIGHT i mean the, fun the fun.
Speaker 5: Stuff the year, ends, right we clench and we know we're good going Into you know we're. Good you know what was it like going in to the postseason for? You FOR i, mean you had been to the postseason number of.
Speaker 3: TIMES i don't think you had made it out of the first round right.
Speaker 4: Right, There that's WHAT i was gonna. Say, YEAH i hadn't been to the, playoffs made it out of the first. Round knows his teammates hadn't made it past the first round until The covees been to the. Postseason damn near every year hadn't been pasted the first. Round BUT i really remember this about the day we are like our last regular season, game but we were down. Big somehow we come back Like joe does like kind of a line, change get some guys in the, game and, bro we come back and win like by like six AND i, REMEMBER i THINK i can't. Remember it was like The reds whoever we were, playing and their dugouts just looking at, us, like, bro like what are they? Doing you know What i'm, Saying, Like, bro we were won one hundred and two games at the, time that was our one hundred and third, win and it's just, like, bro like y'all didn't even have to like play right. Now we just fucking, nope we got a. Game this is this is our ship as, usual and it was, business you know What i'm. Saying but then like getting into the, postseason it was a different feel in the sense of a game like you're picked to, win we go get chapping in the, deadline and you're up in the division by twelve. Games thirteen, games.
Speaker 1: Like you're the best striking baseball a, year, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, absolutely. Yeah so just seeing everything play.
Speaker 4: Out you talked About San Francisco, giants you, know Facing. Cuato, obviously remember the hobby game ONE o eight. Off the bat barely gets in the basket unless.
Speaker 1: Like it should have been On waveland and it pictures dues in the, basket.
Speaker 4: Right so like getting something bass early in those games for, me LIKE i think it was like one for four, game but Like hobby AND i doing, something and then like setting the table a little bit for the top of the, lineup like you guys doing your. Thing but it was just like it doesn't matter what you. Did, Bro like all year it was the ball one going our. Way fans like, yeah but then the postseason it was like ball. One, yeah everything is you know What i'm, Saying, like so just just getting chills along the. Way and then, lastly like giants first, round.
Speaker 2: Believe in, right every even year my whole. Career, yeah won The World series, Yep oh that shit's. Real then getting To la.
Speaker 4: Yep well we went back To cali like the big, franchise getting it done in six games against. Them i'm, like all, right like we just knocked off two giants in this. Sport and then last year we Had cleveland like nobody took for, granted but we all know how that.
Speaker 2: WENT i won't get too far.
Speaker 3: Head it wasn't names like you're talking, About but was it looking back, now was it hard for you personally to enjoy this? Selfishly success when you weren't having the success that you were accustomed, to because it didn't seem like it as a as a. Teammate but you never know what's going on. Inside someone could be paddling like a, duck you know WHAT i. Mean so because it never seemed that you were ever, selfish but it's it's hard not to be selfish when you're not hitting your own.
Speaker 4: EXPECTATIONS i think it taught me a lot about needing to be more selfish at times and then like getting into it, again like third organization in my young. Career Like atlanta has a different type of, Structure Saint louis has a different type of, structure but like the culture here was what it needed to be to manage the day, games to manage like the national nationally televised, games to manage how much we get together and how much we, do like how you're gonna. Function SO i had to learn all that stuff and then put it. Together but as far as enjoying, It, no this is WHAT i asked, for and like that's one thing That i'm always gonna, Do Like i'm not gonna make an, excuse not gonna regret, Anything LIKE i wanted to win The World, series and so with that amount of, Sacrifice, Bro like this is what it looks. Like not saying, that like my numbers are, results but like, not, like this is how hard it. Is here you, are you have an opportunity to do. It so go figure it. Out go figure it. Out you got a, Team you've got the group to do. It nothing those things to be Worth.
Speaker 3: YEAH i mean we've all played with guys that aren't doesn't does not have this attribute as a, person you know WHAT i. Mean where it's it's so easy in baseball to be. Selfish it's so it's the easiest thing to, do and especially when you're so used to being An All star and hitting the way you. Hit your defenses never has always been a beauty base runn has always been. Great but where you're not playing your, expectations it's, like, man you can go into a hole and then on the other, side that's when the teammates need to come in to play the. Most where it's, like, no, bro this is like you, said like.
Speaker 5: WHEN i can relate to what you're talking about of, like sometimes you've got to be a little more. SELFISH i learned later in my career you, know you just want to, win but also it's, like, YEAH i want to keep playing.
Speaker 1: And hold up my end of the. BARGAIN i want to be there for the, boys you.
Speaker 5: Know AND i, know LIKE i always THOUGHT i was raised my parents is, great like be humble and just do your. Thing but also LIKE i always jealous of the guys were almost super.
Speaker 1: Cocked they always believed in, them you know WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Mean i'm, like you, know you'd be or you know some GUYS i was around just like zero for you, know, twelve and they're, Like i'm going deep.
Speaker 1: TODAY i know, it you know Where i'm, LIKE i am the worst, player you know WHAT i? Mean like that who that whole having a little bit of that selfish self.
Speaker 5: Confidence, uh sometimes it is hard hard to. Do so we go to The World, series, right we, clinch beat The, dodgers beat The, Boys game, six big. Party we're going in The World series and you find out you're not, starting you don't start games, one, two and. Three it was really cool to hear cognit story about him starting but also like his version of, like oh, god that Means Jay hayes starting right and talking about that you're, selfish like you're happier starting and you've been our guy right or, die and not one peep out of.
Speaker 1: You you were positive as. Hell like take me through dealing with that a little.
Speaker 5: BIT i mean that that you're the dude and you don't start in The world series LIKE i do want to kill, myself you, know, like.
Speaker 4: Hey it was metaphor, speaking no, no no, doubt like it was the real is real. SHIT i got a taste of it a little bit in The giant, series not starting. Whatever BUT i think there's one thing about That i've, learned especially like later into my, career people have a hard time telling me like real news sometimes because they got to be straighted with. Me they don't want to tell me bad, news, Right AND i appreciate.
Speaker 3: That probably because he's just such a good.
Speaker 5: Person but you know What i'm, saying that's the best and do not want to tell him, this WHICH i, Understand but at the same, TIME i, bro just just come tell, me, right SO i can like go do my job and like make sure everybody else is good, now like even more, so like lean into, that right as long as you know what's going on is kid so and this is not, AGAIN i like start off that way Because joe hadn't told, me hadn't talked to. Me the lineup kind of came out, late and we know the, game we know the, field we know each, other we.
Speaker 4: Spend a lot of time. Together i'm, like all, right like it's gonna. Happen i'm probably not starting because the line of man came out, Yet like we're about to go to the.
Speaker 2: Field get to the. Field line of man came.
Speaker 4: Out it comes, out and then the first PEOPLE i see are, reporters and they asked, me HAD i talked.
Speaker 2: To the manager?
Speaker 4: Yet And i'm, like, NO i, HAVEN'T i, said But i'm sure he's got a lot of shit to do right. Now the lineup is a lineup where our team we made it, here this Is game. One BUT i haven't talked to. HIM i can't lie to you and say, YEAH i spoke to him BECAUSE i didn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Either so that's why you're pro because you also Have joe's back in a way where you're, LIKE i know he's. Busy we will, talk.
Speaker 4: Right but, like DO i deserve to have a conversation one hundred percent, sure like especially based on like HOW i show up every, day and that's on.
Speaker 1: Who you are in the.
Speaker 5: Game there's a status aspect of who you are in the, game your, time your. Contract like as much as that doesn't people say that should, matter it matters in the locker, room and it matters to communication with well it which Is i'm.
Speaker 6: Not giving not given a, rookie, right but even you, KNOW i mean you should get the rus Should i'm just saying like there's a little bit more. Leeway Barbi, cox did he no Doub, yeah which is surprising to. Hear you, KNOW i don't remember not talking To joe, first, Right i'm tied Up World. Series surprising here Because joe is usually pretty good at communicating, overall so he must have a lot of stuff going. On but the fact that you were so pro about it says, everything because, yeah we're in the First World. Series however many years we're trying to win, one one hundred and eight years not playing game. One really the first few games.
Speaker 3: For, us it was, Like, okay we're excited For, cogling right because we got him at the deadline and his whole full circle moment he got traded because we Signed decks and we were pumped for decks and Then coggan gets shipped. Out but at the same time it's, like, bro you're a, guy, Right so that was definitely hard for us on our side to dealing.
Speaker 1: WITH i think that's the hardest.
Speaker 5: Part like looking back at some of the managing time THAT i, had was, like, yeah like.
Speaker 1: One those conversations are, worse but you have to have.
Speaker 5: Them but, two it's like you get to this pinnacle moment and my instinct and HOW i was brought, UP i was, Like i'm riding with my, guys, Right you're riding with who brought, you you, know dance with the girls that brought.
Speaker 2: You SO.
Speaker 1: I, said, GIRLS i should probably say, girl right this one girl.
Speaker 3: Probably, yeah but, yeah you're here your.
Speaker 1: Daughters BUT i, mean, yeah, okay that's what it.
Speaker 5: Is AND i just, mean you, know you have that a little bit of like that or you're, like now it's like everybody just playing the hot hand and they're a little bit of.
Speaker 1: That and it is a lot to juggle juggle from From.
Speaker 5: Joe but you get in there, four five and six and seven and the boy the boys come.
Speaker 3: THROUGH i remember what it was the game for you two, hits, right, yeah Which. OBER i remember being fucking pumped because when you got in it was like because, heart, yeah, right like want your guys that have success and THAT i want To cogglin to have success. Too but you played one hundred and forty plus that, year right got you are right, fielder, right so as.
Speaker 5: A, Catcher i'm, Like i'm gonna Need i'm gonna need the stallion out and right you know it's got five gold. GLOVES i need that dude out there because, well your. Impact, also like we can look at numbers and all the, time but we, know, uh the intangibles that help a winning environment and always just offensive.
Speaker 3: Numbers, YEAH i think too looking back is like you, said maybe a rookie doesn't deserve, It but me, now looking back on my whole, CAREER i think every baseball player deserves the upmost the highest level of communication because it's such a mental game that you're playing and if you're not getting communicated with and as you get, older it's a lot. Easier again this is not about, me BUT i hit third every day AND i was playing first, base third or, fourth SO i never knew what communication looked like because IF i had a rare off, day they come and talk to.
Speaker 1: Me. Well decks even talked about.
Speaker 5: That joe gave, hit called him in and talked about, like, hey you're leading off every.
Speaker 1: Day, yea then it. Yeh let him let his guard.
Speaker 3: Down but guys that aren't and like you Take Matt caesar or or Ol more on our, teams, Right Coglin kawasaki not so much, cost but guys that are playing that think they should be playing a little bit more, Right and then if they play and they don't get hits and then they're not talked to, Them i'm not going to play the next day and send down to where that communication is so.
Speaker 5: Key so you're, RIGHT i MEAN i tried to you try to communicate with.
Speaker 1: EVERYBODY i.
Speaker 5: REALIZED i think one of the things we did well in sixteen was the young guys that were. There we, like we didn't we didn't raz anybody LIKE kb you know it all it was all fun, Love AND i think that's the best. Way the best Teams i've been on don't hate on the. Rookies they kind of like give them a hard. Time you get some some hazing type, stuff but, like for the most, part you need everybody to feel.
Speaker 3: Well we were all so similar in A i think our infield at the, time because we were twenty six going into that. Season i'm a year older Than, jay SO i used to he has a lot more service time than, me time time.
Speaker 2: Out he's a day a day.
Speaker 3: Older, SORRY i mean big, different big.
Speaker 2: Difference one.
Speaker 3: Day he has probably seven more years of peopleague service. Time BUT i used to always tell, hey, man respect your, elders.
Speaker 1: Always how much time do you? Have it was like, Fifteen he's, like, DANG i should have played another. YEAR i love that by having anything over.
Speaker 3: Him when we go down three to, one do you really think that we can come back deep?
Speaker 2: There? Why why?
Speaker 3: NOT i MEAN i thought the same, Thing but, bro, like what was your? FEELING i like to hearing everyone's, take.
Speaker 4: Because when we have our group on the, field all, right we took care of. Business we have fun doing. It, Like, bro we, Win we're, like all, RIGHT i know we. Celebrated we didn't take any win for, Granted BUT i was, like all, right, bro what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Later if we?
Speaker 2: Lost all, right the fuck are we doing? Later we got a game.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, yeah that's what makes game seven game seven, obviously? Right but, No, bro LIKE i knew we had a chance to, win AND i always remember after game four we. Lose, here everybody's in their chairs in the locker. Room rossie's about to walk towards the. Bathroom he's, like, hey, man like like we won three games in a row before fuck and that was. It and everybody's, like, yeah brought that. Up let's, go, yeah let's, Go, yeah we've done. That, yeah well that was A i.
Speaker 5: DO i told this With, zobris but LIKE, I i remember THINKING i didn't get to play games three and.
Speaker 3: Four this is what happens to your selfish, player.
Speaker 1: Is about, me think about, me AND i couldn't.
Speaker 5: WAIT i knew my final game was, coming you, know and kind of was in the back of my, mind BUT i wanted to start A World series game At ryman feel like who wouldn't you know WHAT i? Mean and you, KNOW i was just thinking to.
Speaker 1: Myself, like you, know anybody would give their freaking left arm to be playing A World series game At Raby, Field like don't don't ruin my day. Tomorrow you, know cats a big left hand and here comes. Daddy but, YEAH i got that From. Pedroia he used to talk like.
Speaker 5: That but it Is it was a moment THAT I i'm GLAD i said that sometimes we save those things and so reminded me of. That it's, like, yeah, man LIKE i remember what made me think about saying. This somebody through their glove and the in a log or. Something BUT i was, me was, like, bro, like forget. It let's let's let's go. Tomorrow tomorrow's game five here At, wrigley this place canna be rocking.
Speaker 1: Again let's go get. It you, KNOW i think one of the coolest.
Speaker 3: THINGS i don't know if you knew, THIS i didn't know because we didn't have kids at the. Time after we Won game, Five, joe we stayed back right so all the families can treating because it Was. Halloween and if you know, that, YEAH i. Remember all the guys with kids really appreciated. That and that's again the human element That, joe in my, opinion was so good, at was letting us be dad's, first or family people, first and then we play.
Speaker 1: Baseball, yeah we go to work after you take care of the.
Speaker 5: FAMILY i remember WE i went over To dempster's house and he was all dressed up As Willie.
Speaker 1: Wonka AND i wore my swore bird sweatshirt that.
Speaker 5: HEAD i was like A schwarber, fan and the kids dressed up and we walked around people coming out of our houses like so pumped and thankful like.
Speaker 1: That that was.
Speaker 5: Good joe was so good about you, know making. It we'll plan the work schedule in the flight around our.
Speaker 1: Family that Was that was.
Speaker 2: Awesome that was.
Speaker 3: Unique speaking Of, shore how cool is that when he came back with a white series.
Speaker 4: Nice like it's it's, storable like obviously all all of the, Storybook, like no way in the world THAT i think this dude's going to be able to play again that. SEASON i saw him be here and get announced on an opening, day coming out on, Crutches like we know the we know how much it, matters we know what kind of threat he is in the. Box but there's no way in the WORD i thought he was gonna be able to. Play and then they're, like, nah he's GONNA pj From Fall, league the Fal.
Speaker 2: League to The World. Series i'm, saying, like who does? That nobody?
Speaker 3: Start nobody start right, away And i'm knock.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i hadn't seen pitches since freaking what Into March april Bro april, whatever that.
Speaker 4: Was but then also has to deal with the fact, that like the game's, here there's NO d, eight so he's not gonna, play you know What i'm, Saying like all that stuff combined with, Like, Okay i'm gonna play, Here i'm gonna get my. Chance you're talking about hoping you get another. Chance he's hoping he gets another. Chance, Right so like those three games here he didn't get to, play but like like the stuff he went through to be able to do, That i'm.
Speaker 5: Believe, Yeah game, Seven game, seven we've got to we Dominate game six and bro just the. Legendary you got to walk me. Through all, Right we're we're, Winning, rajer it's a home. Run we're all, Depressed like when is this famous? Speech when is it coming to? YOU i want you to walk me through your thoughts because you're a guy that rarely speaks up unless you really have something powerful to, say which is like a great leadership quality about. You you're all about the. Boys you're never dictating what everybody. Does but when you see something, wrong you call guys, out or if you see something that.
Speaker 1: Needs to be, said you'll say it in the best way.
Speaker 5: Possible how did that before you start coming around and going, HEY ROSSI i want everybody in the weight, Room flake to walk me through.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts and.
Speaker 5: Emotions After rajer hits that home run and you feel like we need a, Reset riz calls us ghosts in the.
Speaker 1: Dugout he, says.
Speaker 3: We were, Walking, zo we were. Ghosts everyone's white as a, ghost.
Speaker 2: BRO i believe.
Speaker 3: It we've got the winds our sales knocked out of our. Wind our wind knocked.
Speaker 1: Out of our. Sales there it. Is that's. It i'm only high school.
Speaker 2: EDUCATED i love that same.
Speaker 1: HERE i went to college.
Speaker 4: Again LIKE i knew we were gonna win, always BUT i also Knew i'm watching the right field the WAY i played. DEFENSE i pay attention to our, pictures pay attention to hitters champion through fifty five pitches in game, five, yeah oh, yeah with two at bats as a closer coming from The American.
Speaker 2: League and then we get.
Speaker 3: The game six with two bats in game, five.
Speaker 2: Fifty five PITCHES.
Speaker 3: I, remember, yeah it was he went like two and a third or.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 4: Yeah so we go back there for game, Six we go up, Big we do our. THING i think that's the. Game addie Goes Grand slam, right youngest to do it late.
Speaker 5: Home run to put this put us up big right right bottom of the eighth or top of the.
Speaker 1: Night, uh top of, night top of the eighth of the.
Speaker 4: Eight, okay, SORRY i think even after your, homer who's coming in the, Game.
Speaker 2: Chappie, yeah you know he.
Speaker 5: Was already in the game, already so we WERE i remember it should have got him. Out joe was talked about that should have got him out maybe a little.
Speaker 4: Earlier, Bro but like he comes in the, game AND i think all of us are on the same, page like wait a, minute like why champion right?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah we need him for the mom.
Speaker 2: Eat him for. Tomorrow and he threw fifty five pitches his last, outing and.
Speaker 1: We had ridden him, hard hard the whole second half.
Speaker 4: And then in the playoffs and then in the baseball, Scence i'm, like, Look chappy through the four seamer through the, slot, okay like two. Pitches obviously the heater plays and then the slider helps off of, that but they're getting another free look at. Him and that's WHAT i didn't want to have. Happened so on game, Seven i'm, like all, right he's coming, In, like, bro they know everything he's got AND i don't know how many bullets he's got.
Speaker 2: Left look up at the scoreboard's.
Speaker 4: Doing ninety eight ninety eight for a lot of, people especially at that time in twenty. Sixteen Amazing chadpick can touch one oh. Four yeah, Right and so he didn't have the same bullets you're catching, him Which i'm not sure how many times you guys got to work.
Speaker 5: AGAIN i didn't work them. Much But i'm calling all. Heaters that's. It and Because I'm i'm thinking nobody's hitting. That we were talking about that on another. SHOWS i think it called like twelve or fifteen meters in a. Row wonder he went deep but, Idiots.
Speaker 4: But, like but those are details right That i'm watching play. Out i'm, like, man they hadn't worked. Together rossie's calling. HEATER i know what you're. Thinking but ALSO i know like they've seen.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah raj's choked.
Speaker 2: Up that's WHAT i was gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, bro he's choked up like that far on the, bat he did everything he needed to, do had the A. B i'm, LIKE i don't have a good. Feeling watch him from right he hits the. Homer lebron's on the, screen.
Speaker 2: On the.
Speaker 4: Screen you know What i'm, Saying like like what and then and like also, ironically like in the background is like they're right the basketball arena and they won the.
Speaker 2: World they won THE Nba.
Speaker 4: Championship there from being down three to one year exactly against the best record in the. Game So i'm, like Is cleveland about to do it? Again, no they're not going to do it. Again like we're still gonna win this fucking, game but we're gonna need to chill out. Reset do you think there was a? Curse never thought about, it never never thought about the. CURSE i was, like WHAT i didn't like was.
Speaker 3: Right now because you guys weren't there long.
Speaker 2: Enough but, yeah but you played in the city that also conquered one one there, Too.
Speaker 5: Boston but it DIDN'T i popped in my, head was LIKE i couldn't shake the, like, SHIT i can't play like this last thing in my mind was him going, Deep like the last thing in my.
Speaker 2: BRAIN i felt like it could happen just based on, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Looks people don't understand, how especially as a, hitter when you get to, see especially in a playoff, series when you get that, look whether you get a hit or.
Speaker 1: Not it's you're.
Speaker 3: Playing that kind of mouse game for the next. Time he only has two. PITCHES i saw the. Slider, okay trust THAT i saw a. Slider If i'm A i cause the. Lefty, OKAY i saw a.
Speaker 2: Slider this is my.
Speaker 3: Fourth time facing in this. SERIES i know where that slider needs to. Start sell. Out and you could tell That raj was selling out.
Speaker 2: Us Against kloeber three times.
Speaker 3: Exactly baber was A klueber was an animal in those, playoffs, Right AND.
Speaker 5: I always thought that about our. Team the more we face the, pitchers the better we.
Speaker 4: Were and there's young, show, sure BUT na like after the, Homer i'm Not, no we're going to go right back. In we're going to school or right, away right, away we're gonna do. It somebody's on. FIRST i freaking ground to a fielder's. Choice i'm, like, NO i don't. Matter like we're still scoring, somehow some. WAY i still. Second they throw, AWAY i get the third, Base i'm on third with one. Out holves up our CO nlcs M. Vp i'm like, yeah like he's already taking the cutter guy deep this game In, CLUBERG i was, Like shawl's on The mountain cutters.
Speaker 2: Are like right, here no, Ship we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Score and then as the bat plays, Out i'm Like sadla in my, Head i'm like Sand, La. Sandla i'm, LIKE i wish you would like drop the ball or something or make a, bath throw back to.
Speaker 2: The, picture or like throw a cutter for, anything ready for.
Speaker 4: Anything and it gets the three two right three two, count And i'm still like, no like he's gonna get it. Done And, jonesy our third base, coach walks by me like kind of like head down, here, hey shrake the squeak like, that AND i, said hold, ON i, said no, job hob, up, yeah, Count and And i'm like jonting, home what you go the? Squeak and for, everybody LIKE i KNOW i have a mic, on but like just so you, know like safety. Squeaks that was the play put on from the, dugout very hard to pull, off no matter. WHAT i hadn't seen the hobby bun a whole, lot but like in this, situation big, moment that was the call with two, strikes with two, strikes and so he bunts it. Foul therefore you're out as a. Batter and now there's two down And i'm, like.
Speaker 2: All, right are we?
Speaker 4: Doing, yeah, essentially what are we? Doing why Would hobby why would the scenario like bro like let him swing like he's gonna sucking at the.
Speaker 2: Worst pop a ball to right.
Speaker 4: Field i'm, scoring like we saw the outfield that, Series like they kind of helped, us you, know stay in the, series they help, us you, Know but it plays out that. Way dex is coming up. Next i'm, No we're still gonna get the ship done. SOMEHOW i Know dex likes the ball coming into, him you. Know i'm, like, nah we got a. Shot that's just a bullet up the, middle freaking like maybe like one and a half. Hot i'm, like, nah this is. It lindor coming across the damn base catches it spin throwed, first got.
Speaker 2: Him i'm, like all, right, yeah but end Up hobbies at.
Speaker 4: Back before he makes the bun, attempt it already started to rain a little, bit and Then dex ab it started to rain, harder big ass cold rain drops or. Whatever but puts the ball and. Play they make the, play and we're coming. Off sky's opening. Up i'm, like, nah like they're about to pull this. Shit they ain't gonna let it Fucking they're not gonna let us like ruin the rest of the.
Speaker 1: Game AND.
Speaker 4: I know the dugout is fucked right. NOW i know for the first time all year, long everyone's not thinking the way we usually. Think BUT i, think more, importantly there's no game, tomorrow so there's no for me to be, like, nah like let it play. Out let everybody kind of deal with. Together we're going to come back strong or from. It like there was none of that. Ship it was, like, bro either you say something now you let we went.
Speaker 3: Out we went back, out And chappie got us through the. Nights that's what which, is which was a miracle in.
Speaker 4: Itself but, like if we didn't get, together like we don't at least get to have like our moment like we always. Do like that was the biggest thing about our, group was like we were able to dress shit with. Ourselves but if we, didn't THEN i didn't trust the moment going. Forward but that's When i'm leading up to, That i'm, like, Hey, rossie like you're the ONE i wanted.
Speaker 1: To tell held me in my. Area so they pull the.
Speaker 3: Tard at what point are you, saying all, right it's time you're thinking about this.
Speaker 2: Coming across the.
Speaker 4: Diamond like As i'm running off the, field, SORRY i was trying to get, there.
Speaker 3: But because we went out for a second long in the, no.
Speaker 2: We didn't go out at.
Speaker 4: All As i'm running off the field from third, Base jonesy AND i, like they're tard SO i know the range coming, Down LIKE i know they're going to pull. It So i'm like right then in that moment As i'm coming, Off i'm, like, no, no we got to. Talk and THEN i go straight to. You, yeah And i'm, like, hey like tell everybody weight? Room WOULD i tell? You Because i'm also knowing like if it's a bad, idea you're, like, nah jay fuck, That, like don sit your ass.
Speaker 1: Down.
Speaker 5: Bro you never come with bad ideas because you don't say. Much and that's why you said. THAT i was, like oh, shit, okay all, right perfect and then we all and we all head down there and get in, there and, uh you, know everybody's got a different. Version and THEN i go Get. Chappie we come. Back he's. Crying we walked through. That but Then you're, like, HEY i just want to get everybody.
Speaker 4: Together, Yeah i'm, like real, quick won't take long weight. ROOM i know it's right, there the closest point for everybody to get. Together we wait for the bullpen to come, in like you, said Like chappie was the last one to come, in because, bro all the way of the, world like literally the whole fucking, world the universe was on him in that.
Speaker 2: Moment he's.
Speaker 4: Crying you, know he's in. TEARS i, Know i'm sure a lot of guys have talked about, that but like he's, crying like gives a. Fuck obviously he gives a. Fuck this dude's thrown so much for, Us like we wrote. Him he's who he. Is we wrote, him all, right, honey you. Know and so we get in there And i'm just, like, look this is not an. Excuse like we won one hundred and three regular season. Games we are the best team in the. League we're the best team in the. Game we made it to this point coming back down from three to one because manager made a, mistake all, Right so what, like don't fucking matter every other team in this fucking. GAME a manager makes a goddamn. Mistake but, like that's not going to be our excuse on why we don't go out there and finish this game the way we, are, like this is, us this is who we. Are, like let's do what the fuck The cubbies. Do let's go play like we don't give a fuck about who's going to win or, not and let's see what.
Speaker 1: Happens that's WHAT i. Remember there was so much going.
Speaker 5: ON i just remember you talking about Playing we played for one another all year with the best team in.
Speaker 1: Baseball that was kind of like it was simple like. THAT a couple of GUYS i think you said, something a couple of guys that said some small stuff like that was that was. Powerful and then the rain was perfectly as dry as.
Speaker 3: Quick, yes seventeen minutes tears of, joy, TEARS i don't know what it, was but half to tears of joy. Now But, bert WHAT i think you talk About joe, right and we talked to him about this about maybe he kept In chappie too, long maybe he PULLED hendrickx a little too, early. Whatnot BUT i mean you were in that driver's, seat you sat on that top step making all those, decisions and it's not as easy as. Us BUT i think that the beauty of that team was we were able to speak like that, openly and even If joe was in that room and we were, saying.
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you?
Speaker 3: Doing he would he would talk back to us like, brothers and he'd walk through you know WHAT i, mean and it wouldn't be anything, like, OH i don't like you. Were it was so it was such a camaraderie to all the coaching, staff even the front.
Speaker 1: Office well everybody was. Empowered WHERE i WAS i.
Speaker 3: WAS i was legitimately pissed off after we, won and the media was trying to Blame joe for us winning The World, series Like joe left him in too. Long i'm, like what the what are you? Doing and yes we. Did in that speech there was stuff said about like you, know what the? Fuck but at the end of the, day that was the team we had and that if you didn't say, that and If jo didn't make those, moves maybe you don't talk the way you speak or or get us, together.
Speaker 2: You know WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Mean where let me tell you, So i've been lucky enough to win two and Like John farrell was our manager In, boston it's, like LIKE i don't know that he almost stayed out of the way in those, moments you know WHAT i mean like it's every manager is a little bit, different and and you, know AND i have, managed and it made plenty of. Mistakes and you know WHAT i, Learned good players cover up your.
Speaker 1: Mistakes and that's what we. Did all, Right you, guys remember what you? Said do you remember what you?
Speaker 2: Said remember in the?
Speaker 4: SPEECH i MEAN i felt like it was around about that, Now LIKE i don't remember, verbatim like right, there ten years, ago.
Speaker 3: Probably because it's like when YOU i feel like when you talk in big atmospheres like, that especially, adrenaline like you, don't you, don't you're not a team meeting, guy it's like you almost black out a little, bit.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah every, yeah, yeah ESPECIALLY i.
Speaker 3: DO i do remember a lot OF f, bombs, right, BRO i JUST i remember the passion behind your voice was just fuck, everyone, Right fuck the front, office fuck the, coaches fuck the, media fuck the outside.
Speaker 1: World, right we.
Speaker 3: Are the, boys and everything about us kind of gave us that monster reset Of and it was no disrespect to any at, all to. Anyone it was just more of, hey like you, said don't forget who the fuck.
Speaker 1: We are and then everyone.
Speaker 2: Leaving NOW i remember. THAT i appreciate that, because Like that's that's what it.
Speaker 3: Was that's the whole message behind.
Speaker 2: It don't.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna win and you're gonna go all, in like that's the one thing you have to. Have it's, like, bro like everybody's gonna do their, Job, like thanks for putting this team, Together thanks for getting us the nice, bus a, hotel what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 4: Family thank you guys for being here and supporting. Us but like right, now like we're the all the ones that can affect it, Exactly we're all the ones that can do something right.
Speaker 5: HERE i try to put all that other negative shit out of your. Brain, Okay i've always started to ask this question WHILE i was talking about. This everybody leaves the, meeting how do you feel like after After i've done speeches and talks like to teams, WHATEVER i walk out AND i was LIKE i shouldn't have said, THIS i shouldn't have said, that or what like was there any of like relief or like like Oh i'm GLAD i said, that or just like, okay here we go moment LIKE i always thought, about like after everybody walks out of there and we start everybody started getting back in the, routine was there any moments Like i'm so GLAD i did.
Speaker 2: That i'm definitely GLAD i did. It, Yeah, no that was that was a no.
Speaker 4: Brainer jason Hamill hammer immediately after people started walking out of the room and he's, like, Hey, jay like that's gonna go down to history of this, speech, Right i'm, like, wow wow's right right away he, said you know. That i'm, Like i'm, like, Huh like what do you. Mean he's, like, not, bro just he's, Like dad was fucking, Amazing, like, man thank you for doing it, Whatever like that's going to help us out a, Lot like you're gonna be always be remembered for. It i'm my, thanks, BRO i appreciate. It but like we're about to go fucking.
Speaker 1: Win yeah like, that he said that though heard.
Speaker 2: That that's WHY i wanted to bring.
Speaker 3: Up we walked out of, there like it's totally. DIFFERENT i, Remember i'm A i'm a big Little giants fan the movie that halftime that coach As shay did right or or whoever the coach, was and all the, boys all the kids in the movie like one, time one, time and they all fired up and they go with the second, half, Right.
Speaker 2: This is what makes him great that's in.
Speaker 1: Everything it's a.
Speaker 3: Giant But, bro that literally because, look having the pulse of the team THAT i THOUGHT i. Had you see everyone in the ninth inning.
Speaker 1: As white as a.
Speaker 3: Ghost then the rain delay comes and we get together and everyone has a second of, reset and then the ultimate reset was what you. Said and then everyone walks out of, like, yeah we can do, it, right but we didn't have That yeah we can do it going into, that we rage took that away from. Us so then we go out and do, it and it was like.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah you look back of the impact of, that of that, speech of those seventeen minutes of Where, bro when we went back To, cleveland YOU'RE i don't know if you remember, this but every time we went, BACK i sat right. THERE i sat on the treadmill the far left side. Right coglan was sitting next to, Me this guy was, here and every guy knew exactly where they were in That it's like time. Stopped AND i don't think we knew until after the fact of how big that moment.
Speaker 1: Was yeah for.
Speaker 3: SURE i mean because you even, like we play With Kipness Jason kidnis and he, said, Yeah, bro we we had a fucking speech.
Speaker 1: Too, Right no one.
Speaker 3: Talks about our, speech, right we all. Talked we all got together because FINISH i finished second. Before no one remembers the second place, finisher you know WHAT i. Mean so looking back on, that the impact of one hundred and eight years of, hope, misery all in between coming down to a locker. ROOM a lot more obviously went into, it but it was such a monumental moment In cubs. History AND i know you know, that but it's just incredible to talk about.
Speaker 5: It i'm so thankful that you had the courage to do. That that's that's WHAT i keep. Thinking all, right we win the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing last, out it's not About.
Speaker 5: Riz but he got into the, ball puts in his back, pocket and we're all, Celebrating like what's going through your mind as a world champ for the first?
Speaker 1: Time get to the.
Speaker 4: PILE i GOTTA i gotta go a little bit before, that LIKE i winded a little, bit like the fifteen second button right where nobody had more confidence in that last out than you AND kb because it's fucking wet grass all this. Shit i'm watching him feel this dawn round ball and he goes up to throw at. You he's still, sliding, yeah like on one spike. Sliding i'm, like, bro take your, time you got. Time, Yeah and then he lets it go high and you're just like catching. It Like i'm, Like i'm, like why is the putting both hands up going to catch this? Ball he's like, introde nobody had more. CONFIDENCE i was.
Speaker 3: Terrified bro details a story to, it like he didn't really want the last out ball.
Speaker 1: Said he was, LIKE i was just thinking you always think last to. Me he's, LIKE i, DON'T i.
Speaker 2: Don't he was smiling.
Speaker 3: Too he's, like you're, like, yeah where do you remember the first thing you?
Speaker 2: Did so.
Speaker 3: Because you now feel you're far, away so far.
Speaker 4: Away But, bro like when he threw the ball and the balls about to hit your, glove it was radio. SILENT i wish we could go back to that fucking moment and like freezing and like and, Listen, bro nobody was making a fucking, sound. Nobody and then you catch it And i'm, like it's. Done it's fucking. Done AND i was just, like, no like get to the. Pile didn't know who the hug what to, do fucking like throw some ship, up like go punch somebody, Whatever like it was just like everything going on in. Motion BUT i always, remember like what it smelled like in the dugout and that last in like When chappie went, out you, know close out the. Ninth we come back and we, score we go up at the, time what was it eight six at the time before we go back on the, Field i'm, like, bro it smells like a fucking bar in. Here it smells LIKE i smell, beer, liquors, cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Like it's probably every starting picture And Risen day.
Speaker 4: Students you know What i'm. Saying, like but like that was the. Smell But i'm, like, nah but like this is just who we are and how we dealt and we're about to go fucking win The World, series.
Speaker 1: All right, again it's not about. Me BUT i got carried off the. Field you.
Speaker 5: Too i've asked him and he, said just took me nice things about. ME i don't need all, That but like, WHAT i don't know how the whole thing. Transpired did you go over to? Him did he go over to?
Speaker 1: You like what?
Speaker 4: HAPPENED i believe you came to me and asked me to help. You And i'm, like, yeah no, Shit but, like, bro the same reason for the like the cup. Bump i'm, like, bro this could potentially be your life of your. Life this Is game. Seven everything did it means off Of Andrew, miller, nasty nasty, reliever nasty, closer you, go dad, center coming off the, bench all the things that are so hard to do about.
Speaker 2: It i'm a no cup. Bump but after the, game, bro you can't carry it?
Speaker 1: All that was? COOL i GOT i bet it's just, like, well.
Speaker 3: He just meant so much for me in the two years we played. TOGETHER i know how much he meant to you being a professional so and the whole rally Around Grandpa rossi and just the whole, year how it progressed for, you, right was almost such a good side story for us to pour in more to someone. Else and when you're gonna climb the top of, everes you need to be crazy enough to think you can do, it and you need to have the side stories of what you look forward.
Speaker 5: To SO i get that, picture AND i see you too all the, time just your, faces Because i've got that hang in my house what you guys. Did and it's like that photo and you guys are just like got me. On SO i just always think about you. Guys i'm like all the, time looking, like how did that go?
Speaker 3: Down did you did you think that on the? Parade we're on the same we're on the same bus me, you DAX, kb did you, think, hey what did you think of the? Parade obviously five plus million? Insane but did after that initial of us winning and seeing all the fans and the w flags and people, think did you think it was gonna be that?
Speaker 1: Big, honestly, NO i.
Speaker 4: DIDN'T i didn't know what to. Think but, like, no because it never, ended, Bro it never.
Speaker 3: Really like ten years, later it still hasn't.
Speaker 4: Ended It it never. Ended but like the amount of people that you could see never. Ended like you look. Down you start once we got The michigan abb you start looking down these side streets and you're like hello, People hello, People hello. People we stop a, bit show the, trophy this and, that like ridiculous amount of. People and then once we get off the, buses then we get on the, stage then you throw the.
Speaker 2: Backdrop Grant.
Speaker 4: Millennium i'm just, like, bro like this is it felt like the world was here right. NOW i don't know how these people got, here but they figured out a.
Speaker 2: Way to get.
Speaker 4: Here obviously it went seven, games so they had an idea like if they get it, done but like that many people believe then you know this was gonna be the time and they were there for us and Go, cubs go on the stage all, that like you getting to like address, everybody have the, ball like all these are all THINGS i, remember but like super super super cool to take in and be.
Speaker 3: There it's, awesome.
Speaker 1: Amazing all, right looking, back you got to play out your career win Another World series like? This what would you what?
Speaker 5: Advice now you're you're you've just got employed by The, dodgers right working with young? Kids what are you telling the Young Jason hayward looking? Back what are you telling the young guys that are that you're.
Speaker 1: Speaking to when you know you talk to like you've got your great foundation.
Speaker 3: Here The Academy Academy Baseball. Gademy oh, yeah, dude that thing IS i, mean, well you talk about, legacy you know WHAT i, mean that's gonna be there for a long, time hopefully forever.
Speaker 5: And impacting young young players the game in, sports AND i know that's like near and dear to your.
Speaker 3: Heart so, yeah what are you telling a Young Jason. Hayward right, Now i'm.
Speaker 4: Going to tell, him, listen, man continue to be, respectful continue to work, hard have, fun but trust your. Ship trust your ship and take care of you and a lot of people will benefit from.
Speaker 2: That, wow playing it so.
Speaker 1: Well i'm glad you.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 1: Man i'm so.
Speaker 5: Thankful first of, all like being back in this environment here In chicago with you two is like At, marquis, so you, know really cool for. Us thanks To marquis for putting this on on you, know the channel and assault in the bar, yesterday walked around.
Speaker 1: Was, like look at. Me it's cool back on.
Speaker 5: There it's just like nice to To it's good vibes around here with you, guys AND i need that around. Here so it's like really really fun for. Me thanks for To colin and all The marquis people and the PEOPLE.
Speaker 3: I would say congrats on your second The World, series but you guys fucked.
Speaker 1: Us it's.
Speaker 5: OKAY i appreciate it all about.
Speaker 2: Him you, know everything's fine two. Times look where it's taking.
Speaker 3: You two Time World series, champion two Time World series, champion and be. Love that's the level of reunion. Podcast, Jay thank, You. BRO i can't wait for the reunion. Weekend thank you For thank you.
Speaker 1: Guys let's let's a wrap up good one that was a