Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, are more. Please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARBFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours.
Speaker 3: Buckle up and hold on tight.
Speaker 2: We got it for you.
Speaker 3: Strawberry Letter. Thank you, nephew.
Speaker 1: Subject my best friend is marrying a big problem.
Speaker 3: Dear Stephen Shirley.
Speaker 1: I recently got a new job in the city where my male best friend lives. My best friend's fiance is very insecure, and she let me know the first time I met her. I went a happy hour with my best friend and his coworkers in hopes of meeting a nice guy. My best friend was sitting next to me, and his fiance had popped up and was walking toward us. She gave me a dry hello and stood behind me at the bar. When my best friend left the bar, she told me that her man is her bestie and there is no room for another woman, especially a single one. Annoying af I reminded her that a man will cheat whether the woman is single or married, and if he's single or married. I was uncomfortable, so I wanted her to be uncomfortable too. After that, I purposely laughed out loud, like everything my best friend said was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.
Speaker 3: My best friend.
Speaker 1: Whispered to me and asked me to please stop making his fiance mad. I stopped because I love and respect my friend. Since then, she's had a problem with me texting him, sending him memes on social media, and even dating one of his friends that I met at the happy hour. She told the guy to watch me because I moved there to take her man from her. There is no way I would ever be romantically involved with my best friend. Enough was enough, so I texted her to meet up so we can talk. She said her man needs to be present because because she wants it to be clear to the both of us that our friendship is basically over.
Speaker 3: I refuse to talk to her.
Speaker 1: After that, my bestie texted me and asked me to do whatever she says to keep the peace peace.
Speaker 3: Why can't he see that this is a red flag?
Speaker 1: Well, don't you worry about that because this is none of your business. It's none of your business whether he sees her craziness or not. It's good that she calls your friendship with her man over. It needs to be over. She's not having it. She doesn't like you, and she doesn't want you around her man. You don't get along with this girl. She's rude to you. Your best friend does nothing because he can't. That is his girl, after all, and she's obviously calling the shots, and it's better for everyone to just move on and keep the peace, including you.
Speaker 3: You don't need this drama in your life.
Speaker 1: Her man does whatever she says, So let this go because your bestie has let it go, and guess what, he's let you go basically, So concentrate on making it work with your new man. Your best friend is no longer your business. It is time for you to get some new business and some new friends.
Speaker 2: Steve, Well, here we go, another one of these letters. All this opposite sex best friend business. I don't know how many times I have to say it, or I don't know how many ways I have to say it. If your best friend is of the opposite sex and you are in a relationship, with someone of the opposite sex. There's going to be a problem. And every time I turn around, here come a letter with a problem. Now I know, Steve, it ain't always like that. Okay, okay, but where the letters at? Though? Because they make the letters we get, we don't get to everything. Okay, letter, I get the letter that reproves over and over again what I be trying to tell people. But okay, you can do it like you want to. But let's look at the problem that this one has created. You recently got a new job in the city where my male best friend lives. And my best friend fiance is very insecure. She let me know the first time I met him. So let me get this right. You just happened to get a job in the city that this man live in. All high coincident. Now, he done probably say it to his girl. Yeah yeah, my best girl she live over here, you know, two hundred miles away. Okay, she figured, okay, well that ain't no threat. Then she come to him and go Then he go to his fiance and he go, hey, my best friend just got a job here. She moving here. I want you to meet her now right away. This woman's ear is peeing back. What you mean she moving here? How she just happened to get a job in the same city. Un okay? Cool a, So you went the happy hour with your best friend and his coworkers and hope of meeting a nice guy, that's what you say. My best friend was sitting next to me and said his fiance had said his fiance had popped up and was walking towards us. She gave me a dry hello, hey girl, how you doing may and she stood behind me at the bar. When my best friend left the bar, she told me that her man is her best eat or best friend, and ain't no room for another woman, especially a single woman. Now a gnawed as al. We all know what that means in the text world. Am I reminded her that a man will cheat whether the woman is you ain't gonna all married? WHOA wait a minute, that's how you thought you'd break the ice with y'all.
Speaker 3: There is no room.
Speaker 2: For a single woman, you said. Okay, well, let me drop this jewel on you. A man will cheat whether the woman is single or married, and if he's single or married. Now you say, I was uncomfortable, so I hold her. I wanted her to be uncomfortable too. Okay, so how's this bestie relationship working? Right now? I keep telling you all that's gonna be problems if you are friends with a person of the opposite sex and you're in a relationship with a person in the opposite sex, gonna be a problem, would be right? All right?
Speaker 3: Hang on, stave problem.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of your response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's Strawberry Letter, subject my best friend is marrying a big problem.
Speaker 3: We'll get back into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show. Globe Life Insurance can help you protect the people who matter most with coverage of up to one hundred thousand dollars. Whether you want to cover final expenses, pay off debt, or simply leave something behind for your loved ones, Globe Life makes it simple. Called Globe Life Today at one eight hundred two five one fifty four hundred, or visit globelifradio dot com to get a free quote. That's one eight hundred, one fifty four hundred or globelifradio dot com. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's Strawberry Letter. The subject my best friend is marrying a big problem.
Speaker 2: I'd have told y'all how many times on this show. If you're in a relationship with someone and you your best friend is of the opposite sex, man or woman, that is going to be a problem. I don't know why y'all keep dancing around this here and it's always a problem. Now here, we got a new kind of problem. So we've right on the show. Right. So he now hear this woman his fiancees with her man, and then her man comes to her and tells her, my best friend is a woman. She accepts that she live out of town. Then one day the fiance comes to tell his woman, my bestie just took a job here in town and she live here now. And we all Finny go to Happy Heart together. What now the fiance to girls her ears is paying back? Like, what what you mean? She just coincidentally, of all the jobs in cities in America, her job sent her here. She had to apply for this job. They ain't just randomly sending people nowhere. I mean it can happen on the job, but most people apply for a transfer. All can accept or deny her transfer. She accepted. Here's she called the fiance jealous dad the happy ye her girlfriend will walk up on him, give her this dry hello. Her best friend's best friend walk up to the happy hour, she tried to speak to her and she get a dry hello. So then she stands behind her at the bar when her fiance walks away. She told me that her man is her bestie and ain't no room for another woman, especially a single one. Now here go the best friend's response to the guy, I'm annoyed. Af I reminded her that a man will cheat whether the woman is single or married, and if he's single or married. And the reason she did what was she said I was uncomfortable, so I wanted her to be uncomfortable too. Then after that, little miss MESSI, the fiance's best friend, who is a woman who then took this job in town, purposely laughed out loud, like everything my best friend said was the funny thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Like how like how Steve?
Speaker 2: Like what?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Anyway? I like potato chips, Pato chips? No, you didn't tip, you ain't say free those?
Speaker 3: He's impotato chip?
Speaker 2: Oh this helper right? Yeah, you know, I think it's gonna rain them all, rain, rain, rhyme, repaint. It's gonna be prain, rain them all.
Speaker 3: He's a crazy girl.
Speaker 2: He's gonna rt He's gonna.
Speaker 3: Rain them all. Yes, she did all of that.
Speaker 2: Then the best friend, the guy, he whispered to her and asked me please stop making his fiance man. I stopped because I love and respect my friend. Oh okay, love he popped in, and you ain't get that inadvertently it popped in. Since then, she's had a problem with me texting him, sending him memes on social media, and even dating one of his friends that I met at the happy hour. She told the guy to watch me because I moved there to take her man from her. There's no way I would ever be romantically involved with my best friend. Pumpy breaks right there. Did you what she said? She said, there is no way I would ever be romantically involved with my best friend. Yep, but he ain't said that, though you ain't never heard him say that. See lady as the best friend. You can make this statement all you want, but the guy ain't said that. You said you would never be romantically involved, and I bet you don't even know that because let it don't work out with this new guy. You the med at the happy hour and let for some reason him and the fiance break up, and you have moved into town, and he comes to you and pours his heart. I'll go. You know what, I just got to tell you, So the whole time has been you. Yeah, I've dated around, I've tried to ignore my heart, but the whole time it was you. I've never addressed it because I didn't even want to lose your friendship, because I thought having you as a friend would at least keep you close in my life. And now that you've broken up and I've broken up, I just have an admission to make. And I'm not really saying we got to act on it, but if you would just give me the chance to show you of the man that you don't even know about, and let me introduce you to him, you may find that you could feel the same way. Now. I'm gonna be over here because I know this is a lot for you to digest because we've been friends for all these years. But I'm gonna be over here patiently waiting like I always have. And I'm so happy I'm able to say this to you because I thought I was gonna take this to my grave, and I'm so grateful that I hate. I love you always have and I always will. No matter what you say, Know that you have a man somewhere that has undying and unwaving love for you. Wow, you don't think I'm in the wind, all right? You don't think I'm in the wind with that right now?
Speaker 3: What you think?
Speaker 2: I don't put it on her mind. Let me tell you something. He at the house. She done call her girlfriends. Her girlfriend's going have fall. This this the wan.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter and Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check out the Stubberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app where free it never sounded so good.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.