Speaker 1: The Just Baseball Show is presented by BETMGM. If you haven't signed up for BETMGM yet, use bonus code just Baseball and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step one, download the bet MGM app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Deposit at least ten dollars, and place your first wager on any game. Step three, you'll receive up to fifteen hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet loses. Just make sure to use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. First bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expire in seven days. In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel US promotional offers not available in North Carolina, New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler. Available in the United States call eight seven seven dash eight dash, hope and Why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three six'. Nine In New, york call one eight hundred next step In. Arizona one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero In, massachusetts one eight hundred bets off In. Iowa one eight hundred NINE a one zero zero two three In Puerto. Rico or visit one eight hundred gambler dot. Net that's www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net In West. Virginia don't. Forget if you haven't signed up FOR betmgm, yet use bonus code Just baseball and get your fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer Today.
Speaker 2: Sat Lakes. By we will see you five times The Gunner welcome hang.
Speaker 1: Out sorry for the late start of the. Week typically we give you a round, Up, bob we could not do. That happy Belated Mother's day to all the mothers out. THERE i hope you told your mom you love her yesterday On. Sunday but we're recording On monday for A tuesday episode of The Just Baseball, show and we're gonna kind of walk through the headlines of the. Weekend i've got five headlines in The National, league peter, as five headlines in The American. League of, course we were brought to you by BET. Mgm the sportsbook born In. Vegas remember folks download BET, mgm whether that be on iOS Or android and used promo code just, baseball all capital. Letters why first bet offer up to fifteen dollars back if you lose your first bet or remember gambling problem call or text one eight. Hundred gambler must be twenty one years or. Older terms and condition and. Supply. JACK i desperately wanted to do the roundup, noise but considering it Was Mother's day and we had to miss, it and this is the headline, EPISODE i feel bad doing the. Roundup i'm not even gonna do. It. Headlines is that the? Headlines, yeah. Headline it sounds like a bad cough jamooker. Couff my guess is fifty percent of people just turned off the show because they're, like, oh that's not a good sound time for the.
Speaker 3: Headlines, okay that's, okay all. Right so, again here's what we got going right. Now what we have going is five headlines from the each of. US i have five headlines for The National. League peter has five headlines for The American.
Speaker 1: League and it's really just the weekend that was In Major League, baseball but the week that was because my first headline has to deal. With AND i Know peter has a take that refutes this the hottest team in baseball right, Now, peter The Saint Louis cardinals have won eight games in a row and Since may. Sixth i'm just looking at some of the league leaders right, now and, dude like they've got some guys that are just flat out. Raking and, oh by the, Way Eric fetti threw a complete game shutout On friday. Night these guys are awesome right. Now. Man, YEAH i MEAN i posted on Our twitter as well that The cardinals are the, sneakiest best team that nobody is really paying attention. To and arm really cooked with this. One it's a good and talented roster that a lot of people just left for. Dead Right are they in a? Rebuild are they? Not they didn't make a lot of big, Moves you're not signing really any free. Agents and you look at the roster and you, say what Is aeronato gonna? Be Brendan donovan's a nice, Player Lars newbar is a nice. Player we're sick of The Jordan walker. Saga and, again just not a team that a lot of people had many hopes. For and yet they keep putting together wins because you get to the end of the game and they got a pretty solid back end. Duo you go to the starting rotation and it seems like they have a cog of very solid. Pitchers Right Sunny gray would be the ace of that. Staff but it does feel, like you, Know michaelis Is, Michaelis but more often than, not they're putting out a pitcher that can win on any given. Day and then the lineup is, solid drought and they hit for, power they hit for, average they steal, bases they play good. Defense it's just a solid. Team and they're kind of getting overshadowed by the Great Chicago, cubs and deservedly. So The cubs are, awesome but The cardinals are right, there and there's a good chance that The cardinals are going to be fighting for a wild card spot this. Year when it doesn't seem like anybody out Of Saint louis even, cares do you still feel like that's the?
Speaker 3: CASE i felt, like you, know when this winning streak got to, four nobody cared. Still but now that it's up to, eight people are actually starting to raise their eyebrows a little bit and say how about These Saint Louis. Cardinals, MAN i think it was the fetti complete game shutout On Friday night that put everybody over the.
Speaker 1: Edge, YEAH i mean you could say that. TOO i, guess you, know surveying social media LIKE i, DO i just haven't seen Much cardinals. LOVE i haven't even seen a ton Of cardinals love From cardinals fans BECAUSE i think there's this element of they weren't really expecting to be good this year and they're kind of just playing with house money and almost the atmosphere on social media, again which is not conducive for All cardinals. Fans i'm just telling you What i've seen is that they're almost waiting for it to go. Bad that's been the Vibe i've been, getting WHICH i don't think is. FAIR i think we should start getting excited if For cardinals, FANS i think. SO i think you definitely should start getting excited if you're A cardinals fan as it stands right, now and they go To, PHILLY i think this, week you, know this three game set In philly is going to be a big one and one that's kind of indicative of where they. Stand but they won both games that they got to play against The, mets grated the first one was, postponed and then they swept The. Pirates they obviously Knucked Derek sheldon literally out of the, box out of the, dugout and they swept in Washing. To, so you, know six of the eight coming Against washington And. PITTSBURGH i understand where people may bowk at, that, saying, oh you, know The cardinals did what a middling team is supposed to do and get hot against bad. Teams. Whatever but here's the, thing, Though middling teams don't sweep middle to bad. Teams and The nationals, they, yeah they, can but it's not often that they're just sweeping these, teams you, know pretty. Easily and The nationals came in The nationals have been playing decent. Baseball there are scrappy, teams so to sweep them. Too, yes The, pirates good for. You swept The, Pirates BUT i think it's a work in progress here because it's not just about them on an eight game win. Streak it's about looking at the roster and realizing that this team is built to win consistently over one sixty. Two that's Why i'm not even really worried about who they. Beat i'm more just talking about The cardinals moving. Forward it's a good looking, roster, sure and PEOPLE i think we're acknowledging that in spring, training but they were, saying, oh The cardinals haven't been good the last two. Years it's just not gonna. Happen at some point the names on the roster will actually start to perform like the names on the, roster and they're doing that right. Now and since the beginning Of, may there's seventh in baseball with the three to one to three staffyra that's they're pitching a little. Bit and it's so weird to highlight a setup, guy not even a setup. Guy it's so weird to highlight a middling bullpen piece for them right. Now but the way That Ali marmol has plugged and Played Steven mattz has kind of embodied what's going on With Saint louis right. Now don't look, now But matt's's era sits at, one three. FIVE i love that shout because you, know we've been used to The cardinals over at least the past couple of, years Like Steven mats has been their two starter at, times and we're, like what's going on. Here but that just goes to show the depth of their current starting rotation and how they can Deploy Steven matts in better situations and watching him perform like this to then hand it off to the arms Like Jojo romero And Ryan. Helsley it's just a well balanced team right. Now they're fun to. Watch, yep big, time big, time all. Right my second headline in The National, League Buddy black is out as the manager of The Colorado.
Speaker 3: Rockies it's really unfortunate AND i feel bad For Bud. Black something needed to. Happen they fired their hitting coach two weeks.
Speaker 1: Ago they brought In Clint. Hurtles that's that gonna. Work they Fire Bud black and the bench, Coach Mike Redman.
Speaker 3: Colorado. Like this happened not after the twenty one nothing. Lost this happened after they won by Six they beat The padres by six, runs which.
Speaker 1: Is on On Mother's. Day on top of, it this was.
Speaker 3: Just Totally rockies of them for them to wait until they actually won a game to do. It but that was, signed, sealed and. Delivered, AGAIN i feel bad For Bud. Black and my next takeaway is gonna Be Derek shelton we'll save The shelton. Thoughts But Bud black got raw into the. Deal something needed to happen. Here the problem stem far beyond the. Skipper let's make that abundant. CLEAR i Think Dave roberts had this quote from The. Dodgers look it up for. Me he said That Casey stengele in the dugouts couldn't help This rockies. Team LIKE i might have misquoted, him BUT i KNOW i Saw Casey, stengel AND i know That Dave roberts did not feel good About Bud black being. Fired and nobody feels good about. It not Even rockies fans are, like, oh that's the. Problem Even arhum commented on Our twitter post Of Bud black getting, fired and he was, like, oh this will start, It like this is going to bring them. Back they're on pace for a negative five hundred and fifty seven run differential check negative five hundred and fifty. Seven the record is minus three thirty. SIX i, mean they're on pace to be by far the worst team In Major League. Baseball AND i put it out On twitter as, well they're on pace to be the worst team in professional sports.
Speaker 1: History. Wow you turn on a game and you. KNOW i even got some, Comments, well they're in a really tough. Division turn on A rockies. GAME i don't know how many people are these, days but turn on and watch. Them it is void of any, talent and in large part Because Ezekiel tovar is. Hurt Brenton doyle is not playing up to his. Potential so when those two guys aren't, PLAYING i, Know ryan McMahon had a good, weekend but more often than not he has not been playing. Well so your three notoriously good players are either hurt or not playing. Well and then it's a bunch of guys who could be in TRIPLE, a could be bench. Pieces and then everybody in the rotation as An ara above, five and Then Zach, agnes your guy an arum m yelling at me about. Him sure he's a good bullpen. Armed Jake bird is a good bullpen. Arm the, Rest, no thank, You. Relax it makes it pisses me off to watch them play. Baseball AND i hate to say. IT i don't want to be upset watching a major league, team BUT i. AM i EVEN i was moderately upset watching The White. Sox LIKE i can watch some bad. Baseball this upsets. Me it ruins my day to watch The rockies.
Speaker 3: Play, yeah SO i will, say now The Bud black has, gone just don't watch him. Play And i'm just looking at the lineup from that twenty one nothing lost to The padres And Brenton. Doyle Brenton doyle's name carries some cachet with what he did last, year but at the end of the, day he's got a six thirty five ops right. Now Sean bouchard pinch hit for. Him Jordan beck limited sample in eight sixty four.
Speaker 1: Ops beck's been. Fine didn't even finish the sentence With. Bushard you're just like Who shard hit? For, yeah you. Know.
Speaker 3: Uh ryan McMahon has a six ninety two. Ops Owen miller pinch hit for. Him he has a four.
Speaker 1: Ninety Hunter goodman has a seven to seventy. Eight goodman's been, okay but then totally has got a six forty. One we had higher expectations for. Him Mickey moniac has a six eighty. Two Nick martini has a six,' Ten alan trejo has a four to. Seventy Ops And auDA lamador is a five p fifty four and a reminder they play half of their games of. Course field yeah we're looking. At, ops yeah raw ops does not account. For ballpark that number should be higher for. These guys it's just it's hard to. Look at and the Quote From dave roberts exactly, Was quote. I'm bummed. I'M disappointed i Don't Think casey stangele could change the outcome of that. Ball club and that's not the.
Speaker 3: Manager's fault but obviously they felt they needed a change in voice. Or direction but, for me there's not many people that are Better Than. Buddy black, so yeah that's. Very disappointing it is certainly not. HIS doing i couldn't agree More With doc Deret Like bud black has been consensus one of the good People In major. League, baseball frankly you need one of the good People In major league baseball to put up with this and what he has put up with over the last. Few YEARS and i just feel really Bad For. Bud black his time in a major league dugout is. Not done he's going to be hired in some sort of role very. Very quickly and, this guy like you root for the good baseball people in, the Game and i'm Rooting For.
Speaker 1: Bud black in his, ninth season fired after a Win On. Mother's, DAY yeah i just it's so disgusting. To me It's On. MOTHER'S day i. HATE it i hate the timing. OF it i hate it. So much you. Know what, it's brutal but.
Speaker 3: The breaks let's Go to, pittsburgh here because a couple Days Before Mother's Day derek shelton was relieved to his.
Speaker 1: Duties again feel Bad For. Derek shelton his time in a major league dugout is. Not done much Like, the rockies this stems far beyond the Manager, with pittsburgh, it does but more justified Here Than. Bud black THAT'S what i was. Gonna say it is a little bit more. JUSTIFIED here i don't think that his decision making has been all. THAT great i would actually be surprised if he gets another manager. Job soon will he eventually, get, one maybe? BUT soon i don't. Think So Like, BUD black i think could go into a different major league dugout and be better than or maybe be the twentieth best Manager In Major. LEAGUE baseball i don't Know If derek shelton should be a manager, right Now watching. Pirates games, of course he doesn't have a lot of talent to. Work with but this also isn't his. First season he's had more talent than this in, the past and they've never really. Achieved anything now it's much more of an indictment on the. Front office it really isn't even the, front office it's. MORE ownership, i mean they haven't exactly nailed the. Draft Right henry davis didn't exactly, Work out but you can't expect a front office to nail. Every draft and They Got. Paul, skeen's sure They Got. Paul skeen's they nailed that number one pick in twenty, twenty three and a Reminder that skenes was not the slam dunk. Number one we were Talking about Cruz, And wyatt Langford and Clark And walker jenkins and they go with the pitcher and that, was. Like whoa it was kind of a. Surprising pick they got that, one RIGHT and i think it's important to offer the color of that twenty twenty. One, draft definitely if they Don't Sign, henry davis if they don't draft him and they pay closer to full Slot for Lawler or meyer or somebody else in, that class they're Not Getting bubba chandler in the. Third, round, HONESTLY honestly i would redo that To. GET bubba, i, think, So yeah bubba could have got number one in. That draft that's how good. He is bubba.
Speaker 3: Is amazing, so yeah it's not clicking. RIGHT now i think the big. Issue here, YOU know i understand your thought about in, game management but it's not like he was given a dynamite lineup at any point in his.
Speaker 1: Managerial career AND then i supposed to, put in sorry To. In ruw isn't he supposed to Put in David bednar. Is closer it's not really his. U, is yes he can't be suppose put him a True Time all star and give him.
Speaker 3: Save, opportunities yeah he's supposed to Play Key brian hayes every day because he's an eighty million.
Speaker 1: Dollar.
Speaker 3: Player Correct derek shelton finished no better than fourth In The National league central in each of his.
Speaker 1: Five seasons he was nineteen and.
Speaker 3: Forty one they were fifth IN The nl central in, twenty twenty sixty one and one hundred, and one sixty two and one hundred seventy six and, eighty six seventy six and, eighty six and then this year they started twelve and twenty six and he. Was fired yeah, uh again he has To Put tommy famm on the.
Speaker 1: Lineup card he. Has to he's playing with a.
Speaker 3: Horrible hand you're asking this guy why he's not a nsing In The world Series of poker when he's not getting a good. Hand Whatsoever so i'm. WITH you i don't think that he'll be a big league manager. Next year he was the hitting coach and a good One For tampa bay for. A while i think he could be a major league. HITTING coach i think he could be a major league. Bench coach but it's fair to say he didn't do what he could with a roster that wasn't very good at. Any point and we talk about the young pitching and, we, say hey they've drafted, Decently Well connor griffin.
Speaker 1: Looks, awesome well. Guess what tamar's not, There yet bubba's not, There Yet connor griffin's not. There yet skeens has been here for, A year harrington's not fully. There Yet nick york, the trade he's not even.
Speaker 3: There, Yet, okay like, come, on, man like let's find some complimentary pieces on the free. Agent market and again that stems far beyond whatever a big league manager.
Speaker 1: CAN do i love, that BREAKDOWN and i especially love the poker reference because THE way I View bud Black And derek Shelton Is bud black is getting served to. Every, hand yeah what are you supposed to do? With that and the flop is giving him. Absolutely nothing he can't you. Can't really it's maybe he, could bluff but it's gonna. Be. Tough Now derek shelton is getting. King three he's got a high card and there's a couple of high cards on, the table but he doesn't. Pair up but you can bluff with that a little bit because he has the high card and there's just a queen and a jacket a ten on. The board but it gets a little, dicey there so he didn't. Bluff correctly but at the same time he didn't. Pair Up bud black had no shot the. Entire time that's kind OF how i. View it, you're, Right Though derek shelton has not gotten the talent where we can truly see him as, a manager but he's had decent enough talent not to be as perpetually bad As the pirates have been during his five years At.
Speaker 3: The helm correct and they elevate a Guy In, don kelly who is the, bench coach who is the interim for the rest of. The season this could absolutely be a guy that has the interim tag removed at the end of the season because he is A good. Pittsburgh guy he's got his finger on the pulse of. That clubhouse he got ejected in his second game as a big, league manager which, hell hilarious electric. AND hilarious i mean, This, guy like if there's anybody that has the right tune For The pittsburgh pirates, right Now It's. Don kelly i'm excited to see what this looks Like With don kelly as. The skipper, but again this roster might just not be good enough and it schemes every fifth day. That's exciting aside, from that it feels like they're at a disadvantage every single other Night until bubba.
Speaker 1: COMES up i have, another Question not, pirates related but Kind of, pirates related because they beat them in the series. This weekend we're about forty Games in jack in, your mind is Beating the braves in a series impressive? Or Not and i'm not talking About. The pirates i'm more transitioning To. The braves is Beating the braves in the series in a series impressive to you?
Speaker 3: Right, now, yes yes it is because they still have some serious. Lineup depth like let's Just take, sunday's ballgame, for example And the pirates one four, to One like ricell was the, losing Pitcher And chris sale started that game and went five and two thirds of three run ball AND a k. To eight that Lineup if verdugo doesn't look great at, the top but then You, Got, Riley, Olsen, Ozuna baldwin Alby's and harris in the. Eighth SPOT and I know harris hasn't, been productive but there's still something about all of those NAMES that i.
Speaker 1: Just threw you that makes. It IMPRESSIVE so i do think that it's impressive to Beat the braves in. THE series i was so pissed At the, braves because as everybody, Know listening i've been so high. ON them, i said maybe a, WEEK ago i still think that they can win, the, DIVISION man, i mean at, some point right we're getting through. The Sea it's, may twelfth the day that, we're RECORDING and I still i'm keeping, the faith but it is it's not fun keeping, the faith right now from my vantage point IS what i, will say GOT you. I understand how About these mets? Bats? Man yeah how? About them everything About? The mets how about the. Pitching lab how about the Fact That griffin Canning And, CLAY holmes I Think ryan finkelstein tweeted. This out they're fourteen and Oh And clay Holmes And griffin canning starts post the first series Against. The astros. That's amazing. That's amazing go check that while you're breaking Down the. Mets bats let me go check my work with. Thinks tweet. It's incredible, Great again.
Speaker 3: I'm going to break Down the mets bats right now because they've got guys that are starting to really find, their rhythm and you just take a peek at what's going On. In May Brett baty since coming back up three homers in, four games he's four, for twelve three of which homers he's driven. In Six juan soto's here in eleven hundred ops and ten Games. In may, so far he's homered. Five times he's walked seven. More Times francisco alvarez has been the unsung hero at. This point seven Games, in may he's got ten hits and he's driven. In four he's got a nine to THIRTY five ops without an extra. Base Hit francisco lindor has three Homers. In may he's driven in ten in. Ten games And Then mark viento's is starting to really feel.
Speaker 1: It too he's got, a homer he's hitting, Three thirteen he's got ten hits in his nine Games. In may this offense is starting to heat up with a pitching staff that has been really good from, the jump and the bullpen their. Whole Thing the mets bullpen is multi inning relievers to get them to the, ninth inning and they continue to get that and that rotation you Mentioned It Canning. Holmes senga they can throw you a competitive advantage for them every. Single night. David two there are A gay.
Speaker 3: Tyler McGill there are guys that are just a weird look every single night and a tough look for. Opposing Lineups the mets may be the best team IN The. Nl EAST and i was thinking they were a clear cut three coming into. THIS year i thought It was Atlanta and philly as the clear one, and two And the mets. Is Three and i'm eating my Words on, May TWELFTH so i. Am, Two absolutely i'm eating my words more than. YOU are i physically Took the mets under ninety two and a half wins and that is not exactly. LOOKING great, i mean there's still a lot to, Go right let's see if this rotation can hold up over one.
Speaker 1: Sixty TWO but i mean that's just a negative way to look. At it will this rotation? Look up they're not giving us any evidence that. It Won't clay holmes just looks better every. SINGLE start i was Talking About griffin canning another great start Against. The cubs we've been talking about how Good the cubs, offense is and, BY we i mean, we have but it's been me gl to no end because of HOW impressive i think the lineup is with. No Breaks gryffin canning another, great start and again that's Stat From Fink. Ryan finkelstein you can Follow Him finkelstein Ryan. On Twitter the mets Lost Both clay Holmes And gryffin canning's first start in their opening series Against. The astros, since Then the mets are fourteen. And zero when those two take. Them, OUT wow i Believe in, Tyler, McGill like when you watch, these pitchers is there anyone that you don't. Believe, in no not. ME either i think this. Is Real For, griffin canning we can't forget he's a former first. Round Pick, clay holmes this kick change is. For real tyler McGill's a Stud Like david peterson's, not awesome but. He's good That the mets rotation is kind of Like the cubs lineup in, a way, no rest everybody is going to keep you in. The game so. It's deep, and yes the bullpen Loses, Aj minter but to, your point they can get Guys Like max kranic coming in for two innings just to hand it off to Then To. Edwin diaz now the question still remains how good will they be at the end of. The SEASON but i go back to my, Original point we'll wait, and see and there's NOTHING that i see in the numbers OR when i watch THEM on tv thinking, to myself this is. GONNA stop, i Mean Will PETE alonso i have a one NINETY two, Wrc plus is he gonna be the second best Hitter In Major league baseball? This season? Probably Not Could one soto be the second best Hitter In Major league baseball? This? Season? Still yeah eleven hundred oh Ps. In may we just talked. About it normally starts slow and then just, goes crazy and of course he's gonna. Go crazy lindor is still. A stud viano's hit his fifth home run. This weekend. Steam's awesome. Steam's awesome and it SUCKS when i take. An under it SUCKS when i take. AN under i can't even, enjoy IT and i want to enjoy It with, bets fans but they all, hate me and for. GOOD reason i took the UNDER and i should out of. This offseason, so yeah it kind, of sucks but it is what. It, is yeah you.
Speaker 3: Been wrong weren't nice to a team That Signed juan soto, and more which is in hindsight a little crazy. Looking it they have the BEST starter era by. Thirty points they're one of two Teams In Major league baseball with A starter era. Under three the Other One's kansas city at two point nine. To Seven the mets are at two point, six seven thirty points better than. Anybody else they've allowed six fewer home runs they're starting rotation than anybody Else In Major.
Speaker 1: League baseball.
Speaker 3: Seattle's second seattle's allowed nineteen homers this year And The New york mets starting rotation in two hundred and nine innings has allowed thirteen. Home runs they're not. Getting beaten and they go to these multi inning relief arms to bridge it to the ninth and they're getting the. Job, done man this might be the best team IN The. Nl east and they have a farm system where they can go. Get guys maybe they go get, another, reliever right maybe you know some of these arms who are throwing a lot of innings in the bullpen they start to. Slow down, good dude they've got the, trade deadline go get a reliever, or two and maybe you even. ADD another, i mean they could do whatever. They want they've got some Guys Like jonah tong was an outshy of a seven inning. Perfect game he threw ninety nine pitches. Number one crazy that they didn't let him go for one hundred pitches and go for the seven inning. Perfect GAME but i rest. My Case nolan McLean looked untouchable IN his. Tripaa debut they've, got arms and of course they have bets, As Well so i'm, with, You man like they can bolster any. Deficiency there they can go grab a closer at the deadline with a tong and it could be a straight.
Speaker 1: Up deal did you see that they have also checked In On.
Speaker 3: Luis, robert yes and that would make sense because the one glaring hole in their Lineup Is tyrone Taylor And.
Speaker 1: Syrian. Center yep and they don't Exactly Need luise robert to be the twenty twenty. Three version just go play good defense and keep stealing bases and then if you run into a couple of, home runs you're just gonna help our lineup because its not like they. Need them they have plenty of bats at, the Front So luise robert would just be the cherry, on top and then if he does get, get hot you're. GONNA roll i think they definitely should be adding him at. THE deadline i think that should almost be their number one priority because clearly you can make it through with this, pitching staff or at least it's going to. Be solid Go Get luise robert and they can.
Speaker 3: Do it, number one they could add, him TOMORROW like i don't think the Price For luise robert is going up. Anytime soon, number two because of the financial Commitment To, luise robert it probably wouldn't cost a tong or a McLain Or at gilbert Or A. Jet williams it might just cost like A blade tidwell and a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, more yeah like which they could do it and not REALLY feel i think That Was bob.
Speaker 3: Nightingale that floated the Idea. Of tidwell they would Not feel tidwell leaving.
Speaker 1: This. TEAM no, i mean, and again if they have to trade one of those four prospects that, you named it's. Still okay. It's, OKAY yeah, i mean we're not, gonna, say wow You Stole. Luise Robert The white sox got a. Good deal but at the, same time you wouldn't really any of. Those guys it, Would stink but it's. IT'S palpable, i mean they can. Make these you can make a Move For luis robert and go get a legit. Bullpen Arm Maybe kenlee jansen From the angels could be the guy that they go get. As well maybe that's not more of a fit because he's definitely a closer and As Is, edward diaz and you'd have to probably pay a. Closer price but there are plenty of relievers that they can. Go grab there. Are Options Last national league HEADLINE that i want to give You somehow we're still not Talking About freddy. Freeman ENOUGH and i know this was a conversation Of The Just baseball. Tech Thread freddie freeman so far this year through, thirty games he missed some time at the outset after a four for four Day in Arizona, on sunday with two doubles and. A homer through, thirty games is slashing three, seventy six four, thirty seven seven. Thirty four that's an eleven seventy one ops in. Thirty games he has twenty extra, base hits, ten doubles, a triple, nine homers he's driven in thirty three and he struck out just twenty times in one hundred and twenty six. Plate appearances this guy might be putting up his best offensive. Year Ever And freddy freeman is not a spring. Chicken anymore freddie is thirty five. Years old he turns thirty six before this season's up in the Middle, of september and he looks like the best Version Of. Freddie Freeman and i'm not trying to pit the Three future Hall of famers against. Each other otani's the.
Speaker 3: CLEARCUT one i feel like It was Otani, and Betts so Tani, in Betts So toni Betts. And freeman maybe It's Just otani Freeman in betts this like it's crazy to say That in mookie is starting to heat up, big Time but freddy's approaching like all time great.
Speaker 1: First base category with what he's doing in his. Mid thirties. He's phenomenal and it's got to be Tough for brays fans Knowing that alexandthopolos didn't give him the fifth year because he is currently on the fourth year of a six year deal making at twenty two million dollars, a year and he's gonna make about twenty three next year and twenty three the year. After that would You Pay freddy freeman twenty three million dollars over the next, THREE years i would. Like, easily so, you know that's a. Tough one that's a tough one to Swallow for. Braves fans he was a fan favorite and now they see what he's DOING, In la so that's. Really tough but, you Know the dodgers are. Just overwhelming they're an overwhelming offense at, the top and a big reason why Is if mookie's starting to, heat up like we Can't Forget mookie betts started the season losing twenty pounds due to. An, illness yeah that's, gonna stink like that's really tough to continue to battle back getting your body. Healthy, enough, so yes the power has, been down the bat speed has. Been down, you know the general pop off the bat hasn't been. Quite there but as he gets his legs back, under him He Becomes. Mookie betta and Then this, dodgers team there's a reason they were lauded as one of the best teams maybe of, all time and they're playing like it. Right now, of course they went up against The d backs this weekend and The d backs gave, them HELL because i Think the diamondbacks Played the dodgers the hardest of any team. In baseball, you Know the padres, Are great giants. Are Great the cubs have actually succeeded Against the dodgers. This year but if You ask, Dodger fans i'm sure They'd say diamondbacks are their. Toughest battle And the dodgers are Still. The Dodgers And freddy freeman is a big, reason why.
Speaker 3: No Doubt, all right we're gonna get To The american league Takeaways for peter in a moment before that, quick break.
Speaker 1: You started With The Saint. Louis Cardinals now i'm starting With The, minnesota twins who have also won eight in. A row they took two out of three From The red Sox, at fenway they Swept the orioles, at home then they Sweep The San francisco giants. At home they've gone from thirteen and twenty to twenty one and twenty jack winning. Eight straight big Reason Why harrison bader is standing on. His head he's hitting four to forty four with a two to SIXTY one wrc plus with a home run in three steals in seven games during, the streak posting a zero point six f woar in. Seven Games byron buckson has done the, same thing zero point six f four in eight games with, three bombs, nine RBIs. Seven runs he's hitting. Three hundred he's slugging seven hundred with a one EIGHTY seven. Wrc Plus trevor larnick has, Been Awesome cody clemens has. Been huge kay has been solid Throughout this and what you know is interesting to look at is That the twins have won eight straight Even Though, royce lewis who has returned has been terrible negative TWENTY five wrc plus negative zero point TWO f wour through six games in. The Stretch, Joe Ryan, Bailey Obert, Chris Paddock pabo lopez have all. Looked Great jaron Duran Or jaron Durant Yo wan duran has five saves in, six appearances only allowing three hits and. No runs WHAT did i say About? The twins but you weren't if you weren't with us at thirteen, AND twenty i Posted, on twitter we don't want you at twenty one, And twenty so don't jump, On. Now, Jack yeah. I'm not. I'm not i'm just gonna, give, you please Can you i'm a? Load, Here no.
Speaker 3: I'm not i'm still a little, gun SHY but i Will Say joe ryan is throwing like a legit all star. Right now he had a blow up, five innings six, earned runs he allowed three Homers on april Twentieth. In atlanta, since then he started games at home Against the Angels in boston and at Home Against. San francisco seven, scoreless innings eleven, punch outs six innings of one, run ball eight, punch outs six innings of one, run ball seven. Punch outs so in his last, three starts he's gone, nineteen innings he's allowed, ten hits two runs on two, solo homers he's, walked two and he's punched out. Twenty SIX if i have this, number right fifteen plus eleven is twenty six in his last, nineteen innings which is three, walks issued two, walks, issued pardon and two. Earned runs he's bawling, right now and the offense when there's some supplementary help there.
Speaker 1: Can. Be dangerous and remember when we were Talking About hunter brown and why we both felt he was set up for consistent success. This season, you know you could look back at the second half of last year and then into this year and it's very easy to see he's. Doing awesome but when you're leading with your, best pitch and, that, Fastball Right hunter greens fastball is a ten run value that's the Best In Major. League baseball and all everybody wants to talk About Is joe, ryan's sweeper which has. Been diabolical it's On pitching ninja every fifth day for. A reason, But Again joe ryan has the fourth best pitch by run Value In Major, league baseball and it's not, that sweeper, that slider it's his four, seam fastball that low slot play up at the top of. The zone guys aren't. Touching that and with his sweeper moving, this much this is The Best joe ryan. HAS looked i know it's not a, long Stretch but i'm watching stuff explode out of, his hand and just from, watching him it looks like the best Version Of joe ryan that we have seen in his. Entire. Career, yeah man. It's Crazy and duran is really starting to heat. Up too he's. Closing games It will i'm Not. Bud in, i'm NOT but i see EXACTLY why i could be at. Some point THAT'S all. I NEED all i need is for people to just to see. The vision i'm. Not Crazy this twins team is pretty good and they still have a shot even though the ENTIRETY and i know it's, so Funny Every american league team Outside the twins kind of had a, Bad weekend Like the tigers didn't play all. That Well the guardians lost that series To, the Phillies the royals lost their series even though they have, been read And the twins just. Keep winning this is a, good division just. Point blank it's a. Good, division Yeah The white socks are not, very good But the twins can, beat anybody especially when they. Get Hot the royals are clearly a, good Team the guardians are clearly a, good team And the tigers have the best record In The. American league pay attention To The American. League central this is a, good division and it was last year and it still is. This, year yeah, all right let's move over to my, next headline Which Is aaron Judge slash Jason. De miguez we'll Start With. Aaron judge he hit five hundred this weekend with another two, home runs increasing his total, to fourteen Tied with schwarber FOR the, mlb lead and he's still hitting four, to nine which is sixty points better than Second Place paul goldschmid at three. Forty nine now four to oh nine is the third best start for a batting average since two thousand in their first. Forty games you want to do, Some, trivia sure who is one? And two it's gonna, be really. Really tough i'll be shocked if you. Get it these are big. Time PLAYERS but i don't think it's a hard. Trivia question who had the best forty game start since. Two thousand when it comes to, batting average just give me some of the first names that come off. Your Head e chiro comes. To mind, not, THERE uh, I mean i'll give you. A hint i'll give you the Team Name Red sox braves two thousand, and one two thousand, And eight, So One red Sox eight, Braves, Correct Nomar Manny Ramirez manny manny hit four to twelve in his first he was a he Was A cleveland indian in two thousand and then imagine your. First season you get a free agent and he hits four to twelve in his first in his first, forty games so he's. Number one, next up two thousand And. Eight braves he hit four, To, Ten, chipper chipper four, to ten And Then aaron judge is right there at. Four nine pretty good company to. Be with but let's continue. REAL quick i was a year Off On nomar nomar in one hundred and forty games in, two thousand hit three seventy two with the ten thirty. Three Ops du nomar. Was, Awesome no mare. Was awesome we'll keep going Though With. Aaron judge so he's got a three point eight f war, right now which means he is on pace to put up a fifteen Point four war season that would be the best. Mark Ever bab bruth has the best four seasons ever when looking At, f war putting up a fourteen point seven mark in nineteen, twenty three thirteen point seven in nineteen, twenty one thirteen point one in nineteen twenty and twelve point nine in nineteen. Twenty seven now routing out the Top Five barry bonds in two thousand and two at twelve point seven fifteen Point Four war jack wi in on that, Or no i'd be in, on That and.
Speaker 3: I'd be willing to start to entertain the conversation that he's the best right handed hitter maybe ever and to get like we're looking at, LIKE no i mean we're looking at, you know, Pool Holes, miguel cabrera you know numbers, Right, Now Aaron like aaron was Just a. Saeka longevity i'm just thinking about, the peak Like peak migey peak.
Speaker 1: Pool holes judge is very much so. APPROACHING that, I Mean willie mays has three ten. Win seasons judge is gonna have.
Speaker 3: That Also and may's did it because he was such a high level.
Speaker 1: Defender, TOO yeah i. Mean air judge is a high level. Defender too he's an easy. Defend defender he's a. Great defender but like this bat is borderline never. Before, seen yeah and to put that three point eight f four mark in perspective through his first, forty games if we look at last year's war, leader boards if we Just Took aaron judges' season up to, this point he would have been the thirty ninth best offensive Player Major, league baseball Right Alongside, Trey Turner, Jackson chorio Jose, al Tuve And. Julio rodriguez all four of those players put up a three point NINE to f four all of. Last season and they were all. Good, players yeah that's not just good names who had. DOWN seasons a four win season is a, good year, good season and he's done that in. Forty, games. Unbelievable unreal let's go Over to Jason, de meguez who had a three. Homer day now he's SECOND in wrc plus among rookies who have played at least thirty games at one, twenty seven trailing twenty three Year Old jacob wilson and ahead of twenty two Year Old. Christian campbell large part nine to forty eight ops, against righty's he is one of the better bats against right handed pitching in All Of Major. League, baseball now his right handed swing against lefties is still, working progress but one of his three homers this weekend was from the. Right side he's just. Been awesome him fifty three percent hard, hit rate which is Higher Than austin Riley And Vladimir. Grero junior he's walking at an eleven percent. Clip right he has no range in, the outfield but he does have a cannon and it's a work. In progress because the guy is twenty two, years old everybody just gave up on him because he's getting Compared To mickey Mannle And andrew jones and all the best Players Ever mike trout at fifteen. Years old that's not. His fault blame blame sports publications for putting that moniker in those comparisons. On him don't blame. The player, so yes he's been a prospect for a. Long time we have to remember he is still just twenty two. Years old he's one of the younger players in baseball and is now SECOND in wrc plus among, all rookies Just To. Jacob wilson this is a really. Good player is he Gonna Be Mike Trout mickey mannel? One day. Probably not is he still gonna be a really good player who's one Of the yankees' best players for a. Long, time yes yes he. Will be this is the Real With, jason mingez, No doubt, no, doubt man anything else, ON that i. Don't.
Speaker 3: Think so you just you kind of spit me a bunch. Of numbers, i'm, like, Yeah, facts yeah, all right we'll.
Speaker 1: Take it rylet's. Move overs move over to a guy who is about thirteen years older and playing. Excellent baseball, Next Headline blue Jays Slash. George Springer As, johnny JUNTA Who, i love pointed Out, on Twitter The blue jays are four and oh since we got a, new pope which includes a three game sweep Over the mariners this. Past weekend and that was a good. Series Win the mariners had won their previous. Eight series and Now The blue jays are back up to five hundred and twenty. And TWENTY and i Keep waiting Jack For george springer to, slow down but he. Just won't, five homers. Six deals he's Tied With Fernando tatis junior with the EIGHTH best wrc plus at one. Sixty three he's not chasing. At all he's walking a ton and when he does swing at pitches in, the zone he's posting the highest hard hit rate of. His career and he's spraying the ball to, all fields rocketing balls to, right field, center field, left field on, the line everything is in. The. Air now he's losing speed in, the outfield so his range, is dissipating but he's still able to make up for it on the. Bass Pass, george springer it's good to see an old guy just. Break again it Makes me the Renaissance of springer, is cool and it's just kind of fun to Watch the j's. Right NOW and i know That the jays are not performing exceptionally well as it stands at, the moment but there are some guys that are just playing a little bit BETTER than i was expecting him. To play springer's one, of them to, be Honest var show is one. Of them just off the shelf. Real quick since he's. Been back he's been great since he's, Been back and like you, say great a buck ninety four doesn't, look awesome but he's had three homers in. Nine games he's. Been. Good listen i've been tough on this guy and a seven to sixteen ops is not. Good Enough but bashitt is been BETTER than i was. Expecting you so.
Speaker 3: There's just things that are taking the sour taste out of my mouth and making it a little bit Sweeter. About, toronto now there are still some things that are pretty darn sour, for Me Like alan roden coming up and being that bad was not On my. Bengo card andre Si men is cooling off this much was not On my. Bengo card and then there were a couple other, guys Too like bassett cooling off big, Time Sucks bowden francis so far. Not great gosman has had some blow ups that's. Not great it just feels like what they're doing is fun, in spurts not sustainable for one. Sixty two WHAT if i, like them then, go. AHEAD man i think they're gonna. Get hurt they're all gonna get hurt.
Speaker 1: On the same game and it's. GONNA stink i will make. IT clear i Like the twins bore Than The, Blue JAYS but i see, The vision That's all. I'm saying with some of, these TEAMS like i see, THE vision i get when you have a front Four Of. BASHETT vladdie I know santandero has, been terrible but he will, be Better And george springer hitting the way he Is with Varshow. AND kirk i see it in the, line up Especially With addison barser stepping up, as WELL so i see it in. The rotation brios is still. A stud i Still think gosman is, a stud, And yes bassett, is cool but he's a. Solid, Pitcher right so you've got a good front three and they're trying to work out who's going to be four. AND five i agree. With You babin francis has not looked all, that great but he is coming off a pretty decent start Against, the mariner so hopefully he can build. Off that and then now that You Have, jeff hoffman you feel solidified in the ninth and he got a couple other guys in their bullpen who have been. Solid too So all i'm SAYING is i see the vision to being over. Five hundred did they make? The playoffs? Probably not are they going to win? The division? Definitely not but are they going to be Competitive? In september and are they going to be a team where another team needs to win in order to make the playoffs And The blue jays can go. Play, SPOILER absolutely i think this is a solid team who can beat any team on any. Given, day yeah, all right let's go over to my, next Headline THE devers. Dh drama so we've heard so many quotes from him at, this point but THE more i think, about It The red sox are just really putting him in a. Bad spot it's one thing to ask HIM to Dh For, alex bregman and it's another thing to ask him to move to first without much training and just tell him to pick it up. AND learn i think About that moneyball quote in the Movie Where scott haderberg is asked to play first base and the coach goes it's incredibly hard, to learn and, It Is ken rosenthal Wrote In. The athletic, in reality by agreeing to such a change in the middle of, The season devers would, risk, injury, offensive regression, and EMBARRASSMENT and i couldn't agree. With him more quotes were, not IDEAL but i love the Honesty, from devers and it just sucks that it gets turned sideways on, social media which, is, why unfortunately he should not be honest with the media. Ever again but then THE, reason, i, oh no, go ahead do you? Have, something, no, NO no I mean i want to hear your rebuttal to what you just, laid Out because i'm gonna fill in the. Cracks. Here okay THE reason i wanted to bring it up is he proceeded to hit five eighty three this weekend with a home run in, six RBIs and amid the consistent, Media rollercoaster devers has posted THE highest wrc plus of his career at. One six after that, Slow, start remember everybody was up in arms about him. Not hitting he's been, phenomenal since and you'd expect to hit Her like devers to kind of be. Over aggressive he's been over, aggressive before so you'd think that maybe he's trying to make up for his comments by getting extra. Swing happy it's been the. Complete opposite he's chasing at the lowest rate of his career and his walk rate has ballooned to. Sixteen percent he's not letting any of this affect his play on, the field and, if anything he's playing better than he ever. Has BEEN so i think he's. Been awesome feel free to fill in, the, crocks though he's been awesome after that really. Rough start he's an employee Of The Boston. Red sox he's a very highly paid employee Of The Boston. Red sox but he's an employee Of The Boston. Red sox and if the best situation for the Team Is raffie dever's moving to, FIRST base i think he should be a little bit more receptive to it than just immediately shutting it down and saying no and, BEING honest, I agree but at the, SAME time I Think ken rosenthal's quote makes a lot, Of sense like why is.
Speaker 3: He bigger Than The Boston, Red sox why is he bigger than? The organization why is he bigger than the current president of baseball operations that was not the one that promised him that he was the. Third baseman why did we hear about that in? Spring training and why are we hearing about? It again that's, my CLAPBACK.
Speaker 1: And i think it's a. Fair CLAPBACK what i will say is it's Fair for breslo to, be, like hey We're Getting, alex bragman we need you to dge and. He has he's played all forty two GAMES of dh. This season he has made that trend position and he's been hitting really well and now you're asking to play out of position in order to help. The team and he's probably just kind of shell shocked because he, was like you already asked me to move off of the Position that i've been playing my entire life TO. Play, Dh okay i'll, Do that and now they're asking now to play first base when, in reality it's on the front office that you're. Talking about to add a first base Piece like devers is not. A space why.
Speaker 3: Would that happen when you could open UP the dh Spot for Roman freaking anthony and you don't have To Watch abraham toro play.
Speaker 1: First, Base Well rome gonzalz has, been GOOD but i think he just hit. The. EL no i think it's it's not a perfect situation For, either no that's why.
Speaker 3: You, Deviate man Like the dodger's not having a shortstop was not a. Perfect situation so they asked a future First ballot Hall of famer to, play Shortstop and, mookie, said, hell yeah let's.
Speaker 1: Do it but it was not a.
Speaker 3: Perfect Situation, in houston they Asked jose l tub a future First ballot hall fer to play left field and, he said, hell yeah let's.
Speaker 1: Do it What makes devers Better Than mookie betts And Jose. L Tuvey all i'm saying is it's hard to do so in the middle of. The season it's, one thing especially In the, altuve thing where, they say, all right you're gonna be playing, left field get ready in the offseason to. Do so who is the other Name That? Mookie, betts right we're gonna need you to. Play Shortstop And mookie betts has been moving positions his, entire career so he's not not used. To it he's completely right fielder some people have. EVER seen i agree, with you but he has played. Multiple positions he came up as. An Infielder rafael devers doesn't play, first BASE so i think those two situations are a little. Bit different i'm not Saying that devers is in the perfect light. Right now he should be a little, bit more, you know willing to. Move positions AND what i am saying IS that i do appreciate the HONESTY like. I do we never get honesty, From players That's what, i'm saying while also acknowledging that moving positions mid season can hurt his offensive production and could allow him to maybe get injured more easily than he more often would learning a, New position and of course it sucks just standing out of position that you don't really know how. To play and if you embarrass yourself in front of, that crowd that's also not going to work for, You too and He. Probably devers are you worried? About Embarrassment kyle schwerber played first base For The Boston red sox three years ago and it. Was, embarrassing yeah But He's, kyle schwerber so nobody.
Speaker 3: Remembers That like devers is a three hundred million, dollar player he's getting paid. The HITS and i think it should be as simple, As, hey RAFI option a you play first the top prospect in all OF baseball dhs OR option b YOU play dh the top prospect in all of baseball STAYS in Tripaa And abraham toro plays.
Speaker 1: First. Base, well, actually further you feel like you win more Games with raffie says, BE okay i understand what. You're saying to further your point, as Well Forget roman. Anthony Entirely masatak yoshida is gonna come back and he CAN play. Dh two So Then rafael devers can move To first SO what i am saying to further your point is that they have a major league piece ready to TAKE that, dh spot and they have a minor league piece ready to TAKE that dh spot. As WELL so i understand where you're. Coming. From ABSOLUTELY what i will SAY is i also Understand where devers is, coming from and there have been, a lot there's been a ton of negativity thrown. His way so THAT'S why i wanted to bring up and highlight how well he has been, playing offensively especially obviously because he'sdhing every, single time and that it is tough to. MOVE positions i hope everybody just can. Acknowledge THAT but i get where you're. Coming from.
Speaker 3: It's tough to, move POSITIONS but I think devers needs to do what's in the best interest To The Boston.
Speaker 1: Red, sox Yes and i'm sure he, eventually, will right because these quotes, came out and then he did eventually MOVE to dh quotes, come out he might eventually move to first base And, be, okay yeah he's an. HONEST guy i don't mind it, All right let's move over to, another one which is. Very NEGATIVE but i really wanted to bring it UP because i think it has to do with, stupid gamblers and as a, GAMBLER myself i want to speak, to Them and i'm talking About the lance McCullers. Junior backlash so what happened With the? Astros pitcher he allowed seven runs and was removed after getting one out in a thirteen to nine loss Against the Reds, on saturday and then received death threats for him and his children after. The game what type of loser scumbag do you have to be to go after someone's children after one bad outing in the regular Season, in may especially a pitcher who's working his way back from injury where this is only his second start since the twenty Twenty Two. World series, mind you he threw three and two thirds shutout in that. First outing and it must, be GAMBLERS because i cannot see actual fans Of the astros doing something like This knowing lance mccullors. Junior's history so to, those gamblers suck, it up take responsibility for your, losing picks and don't let our sport BECOME the nfl IN the nba or even college basketball college football where our players have to look at their dms to see hundreds of death threats from morons who lose. Their parlay be better, than that and now it might be Sprinkling in ashros fans and what the hell are you? Guys DOING but i just cannot believe that. IT is i Think, it's astros or, excuse me it's gamblers who either Bet on lance mcculler's junior props or bet On the astros money line and got their money taken away. From him because you don't go after a guy with death threats to children unless you were. MONETARILY involved i can't Imagine it's, astros fans Especially knowing lance McCullers. JUNIOR past i thought it was, just despicable, absolutely DESPICABLE and i do not want our sport to have to deal, with that the same.
Speaker 3: As others i've got literally nothing to add, to that regardless of what they, were doing whether they were gamblers or whether They were, astros fans scum of, the earth, human beings and you SHOULD have i don't know if your social media, accounts rescinded and there should be charges pressed against, those people but just really, horrible stuff And hope lance and his family are. DOING okay i, just really, really. Unfortunate horrible so.
Speaker 1: That was my. Last ONE but i also have a bonus ONE because i didn't want to end on such a. Negative, note, sure yeah, positive flair here's a. Positive note Josh And jace young before. The Game, mary young, their mother delivered the game ball with their boys To The mound Rangers versus tigers this. Past weekend they played a fun game of tik tac toe at third Base On, mother's day And then josh added two out to run home run in the fifth to make the day even. More special this is a Quote From, mary young who said in an interview With the, rangers telecast my heart is. JUST exploding, I mean i couldn't ask for A Better mother's. Day gift we're all in the same place to, begin with but then to watch them live their dream do what they love, TO do i couldn't be. MORE proud i thought that made me. A smile that.
Speaker 3: IS cute i love that Shout out Josh and Jace Young MAN and i got to Chat With jase young for the call up. Last year such a, nice guy like, really Cool and I've heard josh is a really nice guy. As well so now it's those moments, like that that are, really cool and Like the rogers brothers sharing a Bullpen With.
Speaker 1: San francisco for as long as. They did that's. REALLY cool i Remember The Corey kyle. Seger thing that was awesome And the Josh And jase young think just another great iteration in this. Whole deal absolutely right from the.
Speaker 3: Last, WORD yes i was gonna say, real quick we had a couple. Of guys We Had cape horton Debut on saturday For. The cubs We Had jordan lawler Recalled on Monday. By arizona we're gonna save kind of. Those overatching let's give you the four one and one of those players and the takeaways from. The debuts we'll save that for a little bit later on in.
Speaker 1: The week, but yeah give me your. Last word so another, history. FACT okay i was learning more About The eiffel tower, this weekend and it's kind. Of Interesting The eiffel tower was built with a small room at the top that was supposed to be for the guy that. Designed it he was going to live, in there but instead it became a tourist spot and there's just two mannequins. Sitting there it's the. Real, minor yeah it's the designer Of The eiffel Tower And. Albert einstein it's. Not weird that. Is weird Why would einstein? BE involved i. Don't know that is kind of.
Speaker 3: COOL though i just googled some images of this Inside The eiffel tower's speakeasy. Style apartment there's like a really bad looking rug, there too and they've got bad looking wallpaper and some photos looks like maybe a record player and. A chessboard, and yeah it's just the designer Of The eiffel tower And an. Einstein mannequin.
Speaker 1: That's funny it's a weird lot Article on conde and as traveler about, all this. That's fun another quick fact About The, eiffel tower it actually grows during the summer because the. Metal expands so if you See The eiffel Tower, in july it's going to be slightly bigger than if you See The eiffel Tower. In december it's like. Your tires your tires are slightly more inflated when it's, warm outside just because air is going to expand a, little bit or the rubber is going to expand a, little bit and the metal. Will expand that's fun so THAT one i can. Get BEHIND but i had. No idea there was this little bunker up there for a couple. Of MANNEQUINS and i think it's funny too that the guy was supposed to live, in there but instead he, Was like i'm going to create a mannequt, Of. Myself gustav that's like me making a building and then for myself to live in at the top and then just having like Myself And jalen brunson. Or, something sure are you so? FIRED up i mean, not random it's like you're, Like you it's like you In a. Jeter mannequin that's, still. Weird weird it's. Definitely WEIRD if i Told, YOU jack i made, THIS building i was supposed to live, in it But instead i'm going to just put a mannequin of Myself And. Derek jeter when were the?
Speaker 3: Mannequins, placed Like Did gustave eiffel decide that the mannequins were?
Speaker 1: In there did?
Speaker 3: He pass and then people, were, like oh maybe we should maybe pay Homage.
Speaker 1: To gustave there is a decent chance that it had nothing to do with the, actual designer but it's way funnier to imagine that guy. Doing it, for.
Speaker 3: Sure it's, absolutely FUNNIER but i just don't know if it's.
Speaker 1: Historically accurate it might not be. HISTORICALLY accurate i just wanted to mention IT because i thought it. Was funny and that'll do it for this Episode Of The Just Baseball. Show again apologies for not having a normal weekend Roundup, on monday but we will have four episodes like normal, This week, So, Today, Tuesday, Wednesday, thursday friday you will get an episode in your podcast feed and the best way to support the podcast rate and Review, On Spotify apple podcasts. Five stars leave a written review if you would be, so kind and if you do want to join the best baseball group chat in, the world, of course it's ten dollars. To join the discord has been so. Much fun you can go get Yourself Some just baseball merch. As well i'm Rocking the. Athletic tea i'm rocking. The, hat also be on the lookout On our instagram and On. Our twitter we are doing a Giveaway With. Titan bats we're giving away a. Torpedo bat we'll post graphics Both on instagram And. On twitter as a celebration of hitting twenty five thousand Followers on twitter and forty thousand Followers, On instagram so be on the look for that that will be posted. This week it would be a very easy way to. Join in you don't have to. Spend anything it's just liking and following these accounts in order to enter Into The titan. Bat giveaway, so again be on the lookout for that At Just baseball Show, on instagram at Just Bb underscore Media, on twitter anything else before we, SAY itobye i don't. Think so. See you so, with that thank. You everybody