Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and get Katy and He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: High school basketball coach in New York State was fired Friday night for shocking behavior after his team lost a state championship game, and NFHS Network livestream shows Northfield Girls head coach Jim Zulo yanking the ponytail of one of his players.
Speaker 2: Zulo, who is eighty.
Speaker 3: One years old, told our Albany station wtean the player had cursed him after he told her to shake hands with the other team. Police are now looking into whether charges should be brought.
Speaker 4: Not pro ponytail yanking, but that detail at the end I was unaware of. So they lost the state championship and one of his players wouldn't shake hands with the other team. You don't get to yank her pullytail. But that's not cool, No, no sportsmanship?
Speaker 1: Yeah you have, if that's true, you have. Well she cursed him when he said, hey, we got to shake their hands.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. You can't curse the coach, especially over that. Katie. You saw the video.
Speaker 4: I saw the video. Oh you saw the video. I knew somebody saw the video. How hard does he yank the ponytail?
Speaker 2: Hard? Hard enough to be wildly inappropriate? Yeah? Her whole body jolted back when he did that.
Speaker 1: So you have two people doing bad things. But as a coach, a probably you know, half crazed old man who's lost.
Speaker 2: Control of himself. You need to be out of coaching. Eighty two.
Speaker 1: If indeed it's all true, the kid was way out of line. Kids these days, modern children, blah blah blah, very bad, and he needs to.
Speaker 2: Be out of coaching. Both are true.
Speaker 1: So it occurs to me, Michael, do we have like a didn't we used to have a theme for like a California update or something? I know we've got California's crumbling, but didn't we have something like with the B Boys or can't even remember? You just have metal guy in California's crumbling. Ready, Well, we'll ease into it with this clip of Bill Maher and Ezra Cline, the insufferably lefty journalist behind vox.
Speaker 2: Is that what he started up anyway? Yeah? But yeah, he's a big columnist for the New York Times.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, yeah, Okay, good for him, but that is what he's doing these days.
Speaker 2: I thought this was an interesting exchange California. Nicebeed rail.
Speaker 5: It's a huge disaster, but nobody's ever done anything about it. If you tried to build it again, it would go the exact same way.
Speaker 6: I think we first passed it in two thousand and eight. I think they just voted about something about it again. It's projective. Just give up just to just to just to build I think from Bakersfield to Merced.
Speaker 2: Who the hell wants to go from Bakersfield to me when they couldn't do that, and.
Speaker 5: The people building it were perfectly clear with me, Look, this doesn't work if we don't do it La to San Francisco, and they don't have the money to do La de San Francisco, and they don't have the regulatory structure to do it. They have been clearing They started clearing the rail track through environmental review. The whole point of high speed rails it's good for the environment, right. They started clearing it through environmental review in twenty twelve. By the end of twenty twenty four, it was almost done. Their reviews were almost done. And the thing that bothers me about it, and we didn't get high speed rail is they didn't change it right, Okay, huge failure. Learn something, make it so it won't happen again.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: When Ezra Kleine is saying this has gotten off the rails, for your pardon expression, it is really off the rails.
Speaker 1: There isn't a sane defense for it. I have not heard, and I'm racking my memory because I want to be I want to be accurate about this. I don't think I have heard a single person advocating for the so called high speed rail project who is not personally profiting from it for a very very long time.
Speaker 4: Well, I would like to say somebody mark this down years from now, when it's still being built and billions of dollars a taxpayer dollars are still being poured into it. That we played this clip today where Bill mahern as recline, we're mocking the idea that it continues. I'd be shocked if two years from now, for instance, they're still not pouring billions of dollars into it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. I'll give you a glimpse into my psyche right now, not the scary part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: The fairly normal part. And I'm talking to the good folks now, I am. I'm feeling like it's almost silly to be indicting the high speed rail because it's a one inch pot. I mean, it's it doesn't need to be indicted anymore. It is universally recognized as a boondoggle, a failure, a rip off.
Speaker 2: And a fraud. And it continues. See that's the weird judgema position. It's also continuing to squander billions of dollars. You at a very high rate of expenditure.
Speaker 4: I would like to know where it ranks on a daily, monthly, yearly basis on terms of things we spend money on in the state.
Speaker 1: It'd be pretty eye up there. It's gotta be right, oh yeah yeah. And I said billions, it's tens of billions of dollars. It's just it shocks the conscience.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there's no point in belaboring it.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening agrees, we agree, as re client agrees, and yet it continues. It's a good point, metal guy and well said, So I got a little excited. I saw this on the Twitter that there is now forty eight percent of the California electorate open to a Republican governor in twenty twenty six forty eight percent. But I mean you would need every single one of those voters, you know, if turnout is more or less normal, and you would still lose because you only have forty eight percent that's even open to Republicans. So I have put my excitement back on the shelf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's your excitement should be on the shelf, and like can be in front of the container of flour, because it's going to be a while before we needed your optimism again.
Speaker 1: I mean, because like way up high and back, like that giant stock pot you only use to build to make like chili for the opening.
Speaker 2: Day of the football season once a year.
Speaker 4: Ye, store it back there, your optimism, right, the little metal things for punching out Christmas cookies you can put back with those.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a while before you need it.
Speaker 4: Because if the generic candidate doesn't get to fifty percent, because the generic candidate always does better than a real candidate, because real candidates have flaws and personalities. If you're not even out into a generic in your mind perfect situation.
Speaker 2: Up to fifty percent, there's no chance.
Speaker 1: Right, So I thought this was so interesting on a similar theme, and who am I quoting here?
Speaker 2: Credit where it's to?
Speaker 1: Oh it's Wall Street Journal, Tale of two jobs and I'm sorry, Tale of two states on job creation. Democrats are slowly waking up to the fact that migration from blue to red states could become a political problem for winning the House of Representatives, which I thought was very interesting because people are self segregating seems so negative. Many people who can and that's an important caveat, are going places they feel more welcomed and happy in living under governance that they like. And it's going to get worse. Judging about the Labor Department's latest state jobs report, excuse me, which shows that California lost jobs in nearly every industry in the year.
Speaker 2: Before Trump took office.
Speaker 1: The Bureau of Labor Statistics last week released annual revised jobs numbers for states based on more complete data.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about this at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't either anyway.
Speaker 1: California gained a net twenty two four hundred jobs from January twenty four to January twenty five. All of the net new jobs were in government wow and healthcare, social assistance, and private often higher education. Which relied to a large extent on government funding, and there were big losses in construction, manufacturing, information finance, professional and business services, leisure and hospitality, retail. The growth was government and those other areas that I was talking about. Private businesses shed jobs in the year, including almost twenty nine thousand lesson construction UH thirty three four fewer in manufacturing, and go on on tens of thousands in various industries. Some job results are results of small businesses closing because of high taxes and other costs. These include California's sixteen to fifty an hour minimum wage twenty dollars for some freaking reason. For fast food restaurants, well, that's because the SEIU wanted to unionize them and the state's private Attorneys General Act. Let's try lawyers extort small businesses by filing dubious lawsuits for alleged labor violations. It's just like the wheelchair Nazis thing, but it's labor violation Nazis. Most businesses pay off the attorneys in settlements because defending against the lawsuits, frivolous though they may be, would cost even more. Then you've got large companies relocating workers to lower and tax lower tax and cost states. Texas during the same period added one hundred and eighty eight thousand in a year, with gains spanning all industries, including twenty thousand more in construction wow, forty two hundred more in manufacturing, information, nineteen thousand more in finance, professional business services another twenty thousand, leisure and hospitality eleven three, retail fourteen thousand.
Speaker 2: So not Loan's government and healthcare.
Speaker 1: No, the lone star state only added about a quarter as many jobs in healthcare, social assistance, and private education as California. Texas spent about fifty billion dollars on health and human services compared to California's two hundred and twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, those statistics are unbelievable, Katie.
Speaker 1: Can you come up with the populations of California and Texas? I mean, because Texas has less population, but that is almost it's just over a fifth.
Speaker 4: To guess, I'm gonna guess California is what thirty four to go with? I think it's close to forty Okay.
Speaker 2: But it's your guest. Look at me hoarding in on your guests. What an idiot? Sorry? And then Texas, I'm going with twenty seven. Okay, we thirty nine, and I like your twenty seven. Okay, thirty nine point four. Okay, you're definitely run in California. So we got forty million people in California, holy cow, and Texas thirty one point two.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, so three quarters as many people, roughly, and again, Texas spent fifty billion dollars on health and human services, California two hundred and twenty eight billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, on the other numbers, though, jobs added, it works in reverse. It's amazing that Texas, with three quarters of the population, added that many more jobs than California did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed.
Speaker 1: And and they mentioned in the Wall Street Journal a point that I've been trying to hammer home for years.
Speaker 2: But now let's do Rhode Island in Connecticut. Ah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: And this is wasted breath, and I shouldn't bother. But California's economy, well, this is one preliminary point than to the thing I ammer all the time. California's economy is also becoming more dependent on government spending, including federal funds, which total one hundred and sixty two billion dollars last year, stock market corrections slow down federal funding could open big gaping budget deficits that might force cuts and government spending layoffs. And certainly the coming pension crisis will arrive all the sooner.
Speaker 4: Right, So it's a perpetual motion machine if it weren't for one thing, to where all the growth is in government and government expenditures, and you just keep going. The problem is the classic problem always with socialism. Pretty soon you run out of other people's money. The people that are paying for this are realizing I'm not paying for this perpetual motion machine anymore.
Speaker 2: I'm moving somewhere else.
Speaker 1: And then here's the same old song you hear from me, and I'll keep it brief. Wall Street Journal Editorial Board points out that one problem for Democrats and Sacramento is that the progressive tax regime, the effective top marginal rate of fourteen and a half percent, has made the state budget increasingly dependent on high earners, whose incomes are vulable volatile. Rather, the top one percent of earners contribute about half of the state's income tax revenue. Wow, And not only is it incredibly volatile, so you can't count on studying numbers for budgeting purposes. But as I've said many times, if you narrow the tax base that much, those who pay for the waste will never have enough votes to end the graft and waste. And that is what Gavin Newsom and the Democrats and the unions and the trial lawyers are counting on. And it's a great scam. It's very successful. I congratulate them on their evil and their cleverness.
Speaker 4: Well, and every time that one percent that's paying half decides to get a new zip code that's in a different state, that's a huge blow.
Speaker 2: We got a lot more on the waist here, car heyey.
Speaker 4: Starting with on March twenty ninth, It's my birthday and all I want to see happen on my birthday is for ELI to.
Speaker 2: Be taken down.
Speaker 4: Yet that's a representative Jasmine Crockett. Apparently there's an attempt to organize some sort of Tesla boycott for Fry.
Speaker 2: What would that be.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't buy a car very often, so I've boycotted every car maker there is for the past.
Speaker 2: Three years for instance.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I'm sure they'll have exciting rallies where they chant stuff and wave placards or something.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I might be getting a different tesla. It'd be awesome if it happened to coincide with that day. I would love to drive it off the lot and day everybody's protesting. I saw an op ed in a New York Times, some ridiculous thing about, uh is it okay to buy a test?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: You know that sort of thing? Oh lord, that's whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, people losing all the elections, you're noxious.
Speaker 2: Attorney General BONDI said this about Crockett.
Speaker 8: This is domestic terrorism and Maria. Now you have this congresswoman Crockett who is calling for attacks on Elon Musk on her birthday. Let's take him out on my birthday, she says. Yet she turns and says, oh, I'm not calling for violence. Well, she is an elected public official, and so she needs to tread very carefully because nothing will happen to Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Rocket it's almost an abbreviation for kroc oh it is.
Speaker 4: I want to get this on. It's kind of funny. This is from Donald Trump's Twitter feed. Came out today. Nobody likes a bad picture or painting of themselves. I've never had a painting on myself, but the one in Colorado in the state Capitol, put up by the governor along with all the other presidents, was purposefully distorted to a level that even I perhaps have never seen before. The artist also did President Obama, and he looks wonderful, but the one on me is truly the worst. She must have lost her talent as she got older. In any event, I would much prefer not having a picture than having this one.
Speaker 2: Now, I haven't seen any of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at it and it's it's not uh, it's just not It just doesn't look like him. I mean, it's bad from the standpoint of it. Just he just it looks like a heavier, younger hymn. It's not a very good likeness.
Speaker 2: So it's not like cartoonishly, you know, insulting.
Speaker 4: No, And he talked about how everybody's so unhappy with it and they need to take of what a funny thing with everything he's got going on domestically and around the world, to put out a really long statement about how he's really unhappy with the painting they have of him in the.
Speaker 2: Colorado State House.
Speaker 1: He's the anti Churchill. He stops to throw rock exit every dog that barks.
Speaker 2: The terriphrase, great.
Speaker 1: Brit Yeah, he's actually so, where where are we on Venezuela and gang members getting heaved out of the country. Tom Holman, he's going wild and we'll give you an update on all of that stuff coming up in second stay.
Speaker 4: With us Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: I don't care what that judges. Thank As far as this case, we're going to continue to arrest public safety threats and national security threats. We're going to continue to deportum for the United States. As far as Evans and one is that flight, every single one, according to the information given me from the field, are members of the TDA, and tda's been determined to be terrorist organizations. They are not classified at terrorts. So that plane removed two hundred and forty terrafts from the United States.
Speaker 4: That's Tom Holman, who's been put in charge of kicking out violent gang members or really anybody who's here illegally. Our officials show stance seems to have landed on. Politically, this is a win booting people out left and right.
Speaker 1: Letter what they try to tell you on the news. Yeah, politically it is a win.
Speaker 4: Legally, constitutionally, we got to make sure there's due process and all that sort of stuff, because that's.
Speaker 2: What we do. Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 1: I think it is not at all implausible the Trump administration's leaning on the Alien Enemies Act, which we can.
Speaker 2: Get into in a moment or two. But yeah, we agree.
Speaker 1: Look, if anything happens without due process, it starts to make me nervous because you know, if by some horror of happenstance, a Jdve, a JB. Pritzker of Illinois, or a Gavin Newsom became president and they decided to unleash whatever evil schemes they had, you know, I want due process to stand in the way of them, you know, screwing over innocent Americans. But anyway, we'll talk a little bit more about the Alien Enemies Act.
Speaker 2: If for no other reason, then it's got a great name.
Speaker 4: In a moment, Well, there was a story floating around social media over the weekend, and I think the New York Times had it actually of some dude that was absolutely not a gang member and got caught up in this and was there being treated horribly back in his home country and sought asylum and blah blah blah. I didn't drill down on that, but I'm sure that will work its way through the court system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to whatever extent we can avoid that sort of thing. I mean, who could be against that unless it paralyzes the actual removal of all of the nasty, murderous, rapey gang members.
Speaker 2: Well that's the goal.
Speaker 4: Certainly from some people, it's like it's like, you know, the lawsuits over sodium pentathol, whatever it is you give to execute people, your ultimate goal was to not have any executions. This is just a particular individual way to stop it legally. And I have a concern that that's what the goal is for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I heard a lot of this alleged gang member was a young father. He was liked by his neighbors, and he blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Look if he was in trendy arragua, I don't care.
Speaker 1: If he was the loving father of five in a local volunteer softball coach, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's immaterial.
Speaker 4: So you know what I want to get him in, Paul lang Wood show that even if you weren't in a gang, but if you were here illegally, people want you gone.
Speaker 2: I don't rely on pulling I rely on what's right, he says, without a hint.
Speaker 1: Of self righteousness. I thought it was so interesting. A couple of things about the Alien Enemies Act. First of all, the news media is making a big deal about Trump relying on a law from seventeen ninety eight. Oh, the stupid ancient law and it's unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: Well that was seventeen eighty nine. Idiots.
Speaker 1: Are you in favor of like super old established presidents or are you not?
Speaker 2: You idiots?
Speaker 1: But again, I don't think they're reading of the laws at all implausible. Some folks have made a big deal of fact that we haven't declared a war, and the Act is for a state of war.
Speaker 2: Let me read it to you.
Speaker 1: Whenever there is a declared war between the United States and any foreign nation or government, say there you have it.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a minute, there's more comma.
Speaker 1: Or any invasion or predatory incursion is perpetrated, attempted, or threatened against the territory of the United States by any foreign nation or government. All natives, citizens, denizens I like the word denizens, or subjects of the hostile nation or government who shall be within the United States not actually naturalized, shall be liable to be apprehended, restrained, secured, and booted the hell out, Well, it says, and removed as alien enemies. So what is a predatory incursion? When Maduro of Venezuelan knows full well who he's exporting, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Start calling my son at Denis and I usually go with hoodlum or derelict. You wear those pants, you look like a derelict, I'll say, Dennison. Well, now that just means like person from anyway?
Speaker 2: Uh does? Oh? So what is a predatory incursion?
Speaker 1: I'm fine with letting the courts decide, or Congress can step and say, hey, we got to womend the Act and then now we here's some more specific wording.
Speaker 2: That's fine. That's the way the legal system is supposed to work. And if there's some.
Speaker 1: Guy who's not actually a gang memory he's just a humble Venezuelan who hates freaking communism and wanted to make a start in the US, I don't like him being booted out without due process. But again, there are going to be mistakes made as you do the right thing. There have been loads of mistakes and dead people when we're doing the wrong thing. So hey, it's not a good thing that maybe an innocent gets caught up in this, and I know you yelling he's an illegal, boot him out.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, How do you make an ama? You gotta break some way boats. That's a good point. But anyway, we got to work our way through this.
Speaker 1: And honestly, you know, a single circuit court judge making a stupid decision, I'm not threatened by that because we have an appeal spot process and I don't know if you've heard, We've got a really good Supreme Court sitting right now. So anyway, if you've heard that in all those are crazy, it's outrageous, it's illegal.
Speaker 2: No, it ain't. Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get to Tom Holman addressing the statement by the media and people on the left. It a lot of these people don't have criminal convictions. They're not convicted of being gang members. How dare you clip fifty four?
Speaker 7: Most terrors we arrest are identified yos camera are later identified through a Title three investigation or through an undercover operation. They're not in any terror screen in basket in screening database. We know that many gamers don't have a criminal history. We have a kind of social media. We have a kind of surveillance technique. We had to count on Swarren statements from other game memory, count on you know, wire taps and title threes. Everything involved with the criminal investigations come into play.
Speaker 1: Putting aside the fact that Tom Homan sounds like a punch drunk prize fighter and is difficult to understand at times, he is absolutely crazy, knowledgeable and smart. It's funny, I don't know what you need. Some speech shift there.
Speaker 4: Is somebody has a little moush mouth like he's just a few too many drinks, says, you know what, you gotta do this, you gotta blue them.
Speaker 1: But his point is no, you can figure out who's a gang member without having them convicted. And they're foreign, they're illegal, they're in the country. They're nasty. We're getting rid of them.
Speaker 4: No polls really well too. Again, politically, people don't like illegals in the country.
Speaker 1: If I'm asked to follow the laws and regulations of the United States, I am just fine with everybody else doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's as simple as that they make me follow the rules.
Speaker 1: Are they threatened me with fines and jail and all sorts of other things, or loss of reputation. My boss will get rid of me if I bring disrepute upon the organization. And yet those people are allowed to be completely lawless. People don't like that.
Speaker 2: We will finish Strong next Armstrong.
Speaker 6: I see confession signs are back in the news. John Vetterman had one at home. I way Versachi Alec Baldwin. I killed Jane Hackman.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you gotta be on the edge. I'm sorry, one of.
Speaker 6: The rescued astronauts.
Speaker 2: This sucks. I wish I was back in space.
Speaker 6: Aaron when a random kid approcused me, I just assume he's mine.
Speaker 1: I'm not familiar with the concept of confession signs.
Speaker 2: I'm not either, but I went with it anyway.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many of you know who Adam Frank is. If you ever listened to him or read any of his books, He's apparently pretty well known.
Speaker 2: I don't think i'd ever heard of him before. He's an American physicist.
Speaker 4: Astronomer, and writer, written several books. And I took in a long podcast he was on Friedman's Lex Friedman's podcast here. They talked for like three and a half hours. It's amazing that those.
Speaker 2: Podcasts do as well as they do.
Speaker 4: But anyway, there's some really interesting stuff on there that I had never heard or thought about before. Particularly, they got into the conversation of whether or not there is any other life anywhere in the universe, which is one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Topics, and.
Speaker 4: He made the point, which is obviously true, but I've never really thought of it, that if they ever discover life anywhere or that it had existed, even if it doesn't exist now, then it changes. It goes from we might be the only life that is exepted in the universe.
Speaker 2: Two, it's all over the place.
Speaker 4: I mean, because just finding it anywhere else would lead you to believe that, Okay, it can happen more than once.
Speaker 2: This is the one off. Okay, now we're off to the raisins. It's all over the universe.
Speaker 1: And what does that mean, given them many billions of possibilities where it could be sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all, he had this info. I didn't know that. The recent info is this. I don't know how many people know this.
Speaker 4: There are at least as many stars in the universe as there are grains of sand on planet Earth. They use that as a rough number, just to give you an idea of how many stars are.
Speaker 2: Every star has at least one planet, so there's like a thousand stars.
Speaker 1: There are.
Speaker 4: The numbers are amazing, But every one of those grains of sand stars out there has at least one planet. One out of five of them are in the habitable zone at least the right distance from the star that we believe life could occur. So the numbers on that is there have been slash are ten billion trillion planets that meet the criteria for life. Ten billion trillion, obviously's an unimaginable number, and his argument.
Speaker 2: Was, you have to believe.
Speaker 4: It's either more likely than one in ten billion trillion or less likely than one in ten billion trillion that life could exist somewhere. And as long as you think it's more likely than one in ten billion trillion, then.
Speaker 2: There's life out there somewhere. Yeah, which is an interesting mathematical way to look at it.
Speaker 1: Hasn't the idea that no, no Earth is completely unique been kind of hit in science.
Speaker 4: Circles for a little while. Now lately, I feel like there's a lot more scientists. I think this is why he was out talking about this lately. I feel like there's a lot more scientists thinking I don't think there's any more life out there. And then there's the Fermi paradox, which we talked about a couple of weeks ago, as a famous scientists who once said, then where is everybody? The idea if there was teeming life out there, have we not heard from anybody, seen one bit of information about it?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 4: Just seems odd, doesn't it now? This guy that I was listening to, he said, the amount of the universe that we have explored or reached out to, or could have heard from is the equivalent of a bathtub full of water out of the entire ocean on Earth.
Speaker 1: So it's a very tidy amount that we've explored, right. And then you have the problem of across time. I mean, you had an intelligent civilization exist for one hundred million years, but that was three hundred million years ago.
Speaker 4: Right. I'm glad you brought that up, because that is one of it, because one of the things, because it could be that. And he made the point that you could have had a civilization as sophisticated as ours.
Speaker 2: On this planet Earth.
Speaker 4: That lasted ten thousand years, but if it had been one hundred million years ago, there'd be no sign of it whatsoever. I mean because just the way things deteriorate, there'd be no way of knowing if we had one of those a ten thousand years civilization scic flying around living their life, doing their things, whatever reason, destroyed itself, that we'd have no way of knowing on our own planet.
Speaker 2: So how the hell are you ever going to know on some other planet? So this might be like the second time we've developed the Internet and AI to destroy ourselves, or the fifth or of what, who knows what.
Speaker 1: But according to that guy, you're never going to see the statue of liberty poking out of those sand that realized it's.
Speaker 4: The planet of the apes right the time aspect is the crazy one. That's where it gets really weird because human beings, we've had sophisticated civilization for a blink of an eye, and so that that's when it gets weird, because you look at some planet that's been there for four billion years and at any point it could.
Speaker 2: Have had a civilization and then it disappeared. How would you ever know? Anyway brought me to this and I'm gonna check this out.
Speaker 4: Are you familiar with the TV series The Expanse I haven't seen it him not, No, it's one of those streaming series.
Speaker 2: But the the idea of it is like Elon wants to do.
Speaker 4: Colonizing Mars, but but it colonizes a whole bunch of different planets and it follows the how things would play out from there, and it sounds pretty interesting, kind of like politically human nature wise, where you'd have I mean, like he asked the question, if Mars gets colonized, at what point would the people of Mars say, Hey, you don't get to tell us what to do anymore.
Speaker 2: We're going to do our own thing. No colony would ever do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, none of your business how we decide to live here, for instance.
Speaker 1: And by the way, we're kind of full up, so stop sending rockets here because we'll shoot them down.
Speaker 2: We're not accepting anymore. Yeah, at what point does that happen?
Speaker 4: And then if you have multiple planets like I guess this TV show is about, then you get into you know that.
Speaker 2: Planet over there has got more nits which we need.
Speaker 4: How about we go take it. I think we can take it and they can't stop us. Of course, me sitting on a whole lot better Nicerisium. I'm gonna make an alliance with that planet over there.
Speaker 2: I say, you come over here, We're gonna whoop your ass. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Obviously there's no reason to think human nature wouldn't just expand to the very same situation.
Speaker 2: Of course it would. Yeah, of course it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Strong, Strong, you're ready, And that's when I put on a tri cornered and we have a demonstration where we throw all the night Jurissium in the bay to make the point right. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. So many people who think so little time. Wi's that's a little premature. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the team to wrap up the day. There is Michaelangelowell lead us off there.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Katie.
Speaker 4: It is Katie's birthday, so on that day birthday, yes, twenty nine forever.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love you for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh six, watching you grow Katie, very very you're thirty six. I am god you do Wow, guys, thank you Katie. A final thought on this year natal day. That's that's it. I'm I'm grateful to still be here. Yeah, amen to that. Jack.
Speaker 4: A final thought you'd like to share like, for instance, they colonize Mars. You get a population going there and they decide, you know, we want to be a patriarchy that only allows this religion. What are you gonna stop them because we don't think that's right?
Speaker 2: Or I mean, now's that all gonna work out?
Speaker 1: You're gonna send a space army up there to whoop them back in a shade?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: My final thought is NCAA basketball tournament related in that I was rooting for my alma water, the University of Illinois, and they lost in a sloppy game against Kentucky. But it's a bunch of guys I'd never heard of before in my life. They all transferred in through the transfer portal. They'll all be gone probably next season. It'll be a new collection of guys wearing the orange and blue. And I'll probably still root for him. But how long will the love affair with college sports last? Now that it's completely different?
Speaker 4: I wonder Armstrong and Getty rack I about other grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: Go to Armstrong Engeddy dot com. Many pleasures, Await see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: God bless America. I'm strong and geta is the biggest ponsis game of all time.
Speaker 5: It's a huge disaster, but nobody's ever done anything about him.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's not what I was told. And we do not have to live like this. In fact, we cannot live like this. I'm gonna call my lawyer.
Speaker 1: Garnjee Dundeea's screaming stop it.
Speaker 4: It is over.
Speaker 2: It is over, and when it's over, it is over. It is over. Bye Bye Armstrong and getdy