Speaker 1: Big Bang and screen. You don't be on nothing, I be on BBJ.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you how this bring you.
Speaker 3: Big Big Fact nick Way. Now visit the new website today, Big factspod dot com, Big.
Speaker 1: Fats backstage together.
Speaker 4: You know what it is, Big Fats five, Big Bank, Baby j d J scring about to shop it up with the one, the only Yellow Beesy just pull up, put up, what up?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 4: No, we definitely want to salute you for that, that beautiful gift that you just give the bank with.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Yellow BEESI been on what you've been.
Speaker 5: On, bron give me your back in the spot light head little for a little sag, but you know, still working on.
Speaker 2: So look, I want to start this all right because don't be on no.
Speaker 6: I got I got you to go.
Speaker 1: I look.
Speaker 7: But okay, so you last night you posted a picture of a looper, what a fat man sha shab and you said that.
Speaker 5: Now everybody knows that. Yeah, let's talk about that. Let's talk about this. That niggat got nigga in him. Yeah he got that nigga and ship. Now, but you know that's that's mad that nigga had that buzzer beater on and I don't like that. See that's I love and man, that's my guy. But you know it's Dallas over everything.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. Guy remembers for the city. But you know that's just that's just like A Dallas was funny as hell.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 8: I saw that.
Speaker 9: I was like, man, kind of got.
Speaker 1: Tame in the game.
Speaker 5: We're like, it's like a Dalla's signature ain't going nowhere, Like yeah, young, it's a old nigga.
Speaker 1: They're gonna rock this year.
Speaker 10: A nigga feel like you've really you've really rock. You got like nigga, if you really really all this nigga, you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna rock that ship and something like every you have no for not having one, like y don't give falk.
Speaker 1: They know that's.
Speaker 6: Dalla's Like when you don't, they know that's a shame.
Speaker 1: You know where from?
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell you that, bro. I know back in the day, you know by the ground you can have this ship. Uh you know yeah, yeah, rapping that ship back in the day. But I think it just never that's niggas never let it go, like we never let it go. I'm talking of that from that's that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Every time y'all walk out this frot, y'all can see a whole bunch of old heads with it right now, what's the ship to do with down like funking around?
Speaker 1: Uh strip club or.
Speaker 5: People saying like a lot of bro springs, hook and ribbons, flood days time part of all that type of close strip plud down there too, and I think it's two or three now, like two or three now they I guess it would kind of getting kind of weaker like on the blunt ship. So they hit shut that ship. Damn that she created out her to the still. You know that's stain greenlaw. Dang your grandlaw. He got here, Yeah, niggas punks and everything at eighteen waiting to do it to you, well, playing and niggasetting away for this thing ground ship you get a white with it like.
Speaker 6: That ship thinking about it.
Speaker 5: You ain't even that's like trying to tand like you ain't gotta have the ship in your name as long as you ain't no feeling or no like uh if we fore like the domestic vibus and no ship like that, you ain't gotta have a gun in your.
Speaker 6: Name ain't gotta be rich to you as long as it's clean.
Speaker 1: You go like this wild wild wild Wow show.
Speaker 5: Show for your appreciate, show shown hard good ship, then.
Speaker 6: Stand standing leg. You can be in the wrong player at the wrong time too, but you know you just really you gotta know how.
Speaker 2: Navigated you because yeah, them mumbuck tragedy to be the worst one.
Speaker 5: It's like it's to everywhere, like then't gonna have him gun? The young didn't got gun, Like I'm talking about the stip. Those walking around to me like they just ripping. What about like the switch while the ship and now that that's that's man tour. I think five the team. I think, oh you got you got that switch on that five team work for me to this case, I hain't nothing but to missing, meaning if you're like I ain't gonna lie even if you're feeling you can, they're cussing slap like depending on how long you ain't got any problem, so like an you're speaking fair, you got caught up with a pistol niggas getting pro baked for that ship.
Speaker 6: You can go back to the fail. They want to pick it up like that. They just want to suck the tip.
Speaker 5: But like the rick was like they really like snapping across on for like the nigga on some bulletshit. Yeah yeah yeah, anybody'll make example out of it.
Speaker 6: It's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so bad to help, huh. They gonna hear what you gotta say. Everything you gotta say.
Speaker 6: Man, your niggas stay out of the way.
Speaker 1: You can put up in the crowd.
Speaker 6: Bens were moving out, going to the ousey side. Yeah, they used to pay hell down the crown here they got about forty.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 7: So take us back to the young Yellow coming up in Blood and what it was like growing up in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Man, same same, everybody saying so everything want good everything. I'm you know, we head out every day struggle like everybody nigga.
Speaker 11: Had, Like everybody ain't I gotta run up. Yeah even with the money, you still got your problem with it. How you gonna no gay, how you're gonna deal with that?
Speaker 2: And you're real deep into sports, right Yeah?
Speaker 6: What you play?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: Are you not good?
Speaker 7: I would like that.
Speaker 6: Like that friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it was just like a nigga was really like he was trying to sing with all the niggasn't really like get in the trouble and plays. So everybody know when you're talking to play football, you got to stay in one high school.
Speaker 6: All that trying to transfer and all that.
Speaker 2: That's just.
Speaker 5: I was just a kick down school. So that kid is I knew that was kind of then when I just kept home getting kicked out of school.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you know the news it was for you. I ain't gonna know.
Speaker 5: I started rapping and like I started coming up with rapp thirteen when I went to the studio after the morning or something. I started like coming out with CD and parties and the motherfuck was knowing song like in high school and ship when I got out of hospital, they got in too, like brill seal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what you think like when the fans, when the fans kind of say, I ain't gonna say you slow down in the music, but like a little bit of hiatus, Like what would you say to the.
Speaker 12: Fans, He's gonna have haters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't get them.
Speaker 10: One thing is you know you can't get them why he said, like he ain't been going as hard as you was going.
Speaker 1: Like niggas just go to chilling this shit right about the music.
Speaker 6: How I'm gonna do ship with my label at that time, So.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like out going to you're like, you know how like.
Speaker 5: Little Nigga fail then they read there love them to death, but it was like they were kind of going with an older approach. So I was like, I felt like song that I know that put show them close to being up there. They wanted putting the right budget behind the one, like taking it like if it was something they they wanted to putting that major foots behind you and I and I felt like a lot of songs and like I said, you have been up there, they fumbled, So I was like trying to get away from See they don't understand, bro, that paper work take a long time, bro to get up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, even like to sign.
Speaker 5: So like Nigga throwing out of it, but I ain't trying to throw after good cuts shi, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Keep you don't waste exactly. So like a nigga just throwing after she's trying to keep ship going. But it was just a paper I was just trying to get.
Speaker 1: Him out of it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't my father, if I knew, if I knew, if I had none of our problem. I would have went that round, but.
Speaker 10: Like come from the street or just coming from here the nigga from the hood to the music game, like going already tease.
Speaker 1: What you want to be the obtalig.
Speaker 6: Trying to kind of like the street.
Speaker 5: You gotta figure that out, like you know, you can't before you can't rant like how you threw it into trees. But it's ship just like the streets, but in the in the in the industry, waiting tipe shit and make niggas sit.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, You just gotta it's it's still fucking nigga still people who.
Speaker 9: Be on that sh shiit like just.
Speaker 6: Oh you din know what the same ship, bro, Just remember just how you feel.
Speaker 10: What about when your ship started clicking, you know what I'm saying, shit started going to the next level.
Speaker 5: I mean the people you had to leave behind people, you know what I'm saying, I probably haven't believed.
Speaker 6: Probably like the two niggas, like they was already.
Speaker 5: That was already I already kind of knew what going on when them and then like wanted to liken the clean stept Am like, oh, I gotta cut you off.
Speaker 6: So by the time I popped out. The niggas already gone.
Speaker 10: How you deal with like entitlement, like everybody thinking you away something and you play they deal the ship?
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't really have too many of them around like a niggas they know like I'll tell them, I look at that flace, but I ain't even gonna do you in the name like nigga, I got real deals and take care of my whole family something like a nigga look out for your brother. But I ain't really I ain't taking care of no man. You know what I'm saying, Like no, like niggas trying to be in tighter like I don't get dam I don't can't, can't can't being tightened by the ship after you know what I'm saying, I appreciate you some much, but like mother, I'm thinking, like I gotta get to you now.
Speaker 1: I ain't nobody nothing. Now what's the ship?
Speaker 5: You telling the young nigga though, young niggas uh and all of you all as I'm trying to say that she likes.
Speaker 4: Stay out the street really just kind of like stay out, stay out the way, really trying to get some money instead of that d d ain't weren't saying that she agreed how too much everything?
Speaker 5: So she is what you trying to stay out.
Speaker 1: So what's the biggest lesson?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I'm saying, having a hit record and they get it in that space and of course probably seeing like you know what I'm saying, who your true people is and kind of separating yourself from everybody, some of the faith people. What's the biggest life lesson you learned on on that ascension? That's the other busy Listen.
Speaker 5: I don't think you really got nothing to do with like what you said, but like the biggest lesson what I think with the music, and I think you gotta stay true to yourself.
Speaker 6: You came to your whole audience like sometime, motherfuck, you can try.
Speaker 5: To go like to commercials and lose your people and lose if your steam trying to please the recor labels and ship like that. So you got to really trying to come to us like nah, this is what I needed to put you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying to Nigga, You can't.
Speaker 5: They are trying to make you like a whole nothing identity, but people want to hear what they like came up you know what I'm saying. So I feel like you got to stay there to yourself this ship, beenfal with the music. Like if don't try to get to commercial or to Hollywood, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when you're telling young nigga like maybe baby, maybe hold off on that deal, Like if you get a deal.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, this.
Speaker 5: All how I say you cold off on the deal unless you're trying to get a bit fit yourself in a better situation and you're trying to like and that the song grow so you can like go there and like negotiate have lyrics. But like this is I but like don't you know them? Bro, that's a real ship. You're not feel to want to spend that fad. You're not finna wanna do how the ship that they doing.
Speaker 6: How to see it? Bro, you have to let somebody eat with you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everybody not fit for that ship. That nigga don't understand like a lot of independent and a really a lot of the niggas really not independent.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They got other like distributive deals the language ship, but that distribution ship.
Speaker 6: I mean that independent ship.
Speaker 5: That's if this thing is about, Yeah, you spending your money your ship, Like you gotta put these players together. You gotta get these people in order, Like I don't know everything that I need to know behind the scene.
Speaker 6: We don't got the same context.
Speaker 1: Like were I want to be in.
Speaker 5: Like I know for a fact Independent ain't gonna do nothing. But I want to reach like a high height. And I know these people ain't gonnay nig get up there by myself. Ain't nobody gonna they gotta have. You gotta have somebody in your pocket. You know what I'm saying, niggas thinks about Like when Nigga had us and downs in that career, you gonna have it. You're gonna be able to steal, have that money to put up for yourself to get that back.
Speaker 1: Like that's real.
Speaker 5: The labels gonna have that money to spend that bad if you if you got the music, and you know what I'm saying, don't have if you don't still.
Speaker 6: Nigga life, don't lie, Like you gotta understand that life on life.
Speaker 5: So it's like if you gonna still have that bad or if you're gonna be disciplined enough to do what.
Speaker 6: You gotta do.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 6: That's a whole other world.
Speaker 1: Bro, and that ship like have a mean self. You just jump on one song, How then the time can you do that different?
Speaker 5: You gotta get on the social media, with the with the all the not damn play listing, y'all, all the god damn the digital part.
Speaker 6: Nigga, that ship is.
Speaker 5: It's it's bigger than just the music that people at understand a lot of songs we even listen to now really don't be his. It's just because they got that machine behind it and they taught the niggas to listen to this j Yeah, just being one hundred.
Speaker 1: That's real, that's game. We have a busy your artists out there. You gotta look at you gotta look at it. You come tell them.
Speaker 10: So we do this ship right man, and whatever y'all have been waiting one.
Speaker 6: No, I just I may to get a loud ship.
Speaker 1: That's how it was at the same studio.
Speaker 6: But don't come out, mat me know we.
Speaker 1: Will sitting up.
Speaker 7: We need that.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and lock in for about a hour.
Speaker 2: Niggasse. You know all right, I got I'm playing about.
Speaker 9: My I got you.
Speaker 1: I'm ready where y'all live.
Speaker 4: What you want to fancy the people to know what you got coming up this summer. You know what I'm saying, what your loss.
Speaker 6: Ship go crazy? I ain't gonna not seen up and up up, Yeah, cause nigga be nigga.
Speaker 14: Be trying to.
Speaker 6: Be trying to sleep, trying to play with a nigga.
Speaker 14: But why.
Speaker 6: You got your own ship though, Like bro, you can't tell me, not him nigga.
Speaker 1: I know for a figure.
Speaker 6: Damn everything I tuk I walk on. Its like playing.
Speaker 5: If y'all want to like nigga this like I say, this ship just happen because the labor ship just wait to this new sias head.
Speaker 1: You know what I got.
Speaker 6: I know what I'm back, so I ain't worried about you jiggas coming pongs. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: The other ship with your pa, I'll tell you they.
Speaker 1: Wore questions for you.
Speaker 4: You're smoking, I don't you don't smoke, Okay, So just let's just say your people around you in the hood, what's what's the most desirable flavor of Backwoods?
Speaker 5: Since we backstage something niggas and that was just start fucking really and they're still smoking swistless wow, like man who like that? Like the y'all the nigga talking with them, But that ship just came up. Take some niggas people. The niggas like schluck in their own work. The nigga, I guarantee you they got a real old something over that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I guarantee you that that's.
Speaker 6: All they got and little worth.
Speaker 5: But I don't nobody spokes. Only they knew the need of the lad nigga spoke this smoking the real swishing, that type of ship, Cigarella.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you pulling up on us.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: You gotta get to atl a Sam so we can lock in for that real conversation. Yeah, you know, all right, appreciate you number that man, all right, you have a big all right, since you're gonna take it to get the ship looking.
Speaker 6: Okay, wrap that.
Speaker 1: Now this day and the rest of the day today motherhood can Yeah. Backstage, backwoods, together land. You know what it is, big shallow easy, big live little streets. It's big fact, no capt bitch, backwoods, backstage and together land.
Speaker 4: You know what it is, Big facts, live, big bank baby j d J screen welcoming right now.
Speaker 1: The one and only Angela, you.
Speaker 8: Go a nice big couch. I'm stuck to it. It's hot out here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I said, how the sun and that hate treating you? You know what?
Speaker 9: I feel good now?
Speaker 1: I'm okay.
Speaker 8: We just got off the stage doing the service. Ten years the service this year.
Speaker 1: Congratulation. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, So let us know you always have so many fabulous things going on. I mean, you got a way over Angelae. Uh, you're an entrepreneur, you know. I'm saying, podcast like this kind of we like for people to pop the ship on big facts.
Speaker 8: So pop your ship right, Well, let me see, let me pop my ship way Angela, nationally syndicated. Okay, radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Then I also have my copy company copy up mixt people. We have a teen line. I have my juice bar nursed by Beam in Brooklyn and after our real estate we actually just finished at thirty unit building in midtowny Trade and we're about to start leading that. Yeah, Dobby in the trade next week. Just getting all that together.
Speaker 4: And at this point, you know what I'm saying, When you made your money and you're at the Radio Hall of Fame shit like that, what motivates you?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 1: What keep going.
Speaker 8: I am motivated by making money, but you know what I think is the ideal thing where you can make money and do good things to people at the same time. So if you're like, like, I want to make this money, but at the same time that I'm making it, I want to make sure I'm doing positive things in the community. I think those go hand in hand because I hate when I see people making money and they don't do shit for nobody. So for me, like, my goal is to make money, but the reason I want to do it I want to be comfortable, but I often want to be in a position to help other people.
Speaker 1: What's the thing? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: No, So basically my question to you is, as a female and a male dominated industry, how do you kind of bob and weave the bullshit and rise above.
Speaker 2: People feeling that you might not be as equal to your male counterpart.
Speaker 8: I just think of my bank account. I'm gonna be honest. Sometimes when people be talking shit, I'd be so tempted to respond, but then I'd be like, look what I got, Like, look what I got going on?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: And sometimes you got to keep that and focus because there's a lot of people that would love to see you getting some shit, and we've seen people like go on social media say the wrong thing, lose opportunities, and nobody's gonna catch me like that. And so my main thing is I'm never going back and forth with nobody. I have too much to lose. There's people who have nothing to lose exactly that do that. When you know you out there and you have a lot to lose, you gotta move differently. And so I think that's important. And you know, even with the community stuff that I was talking about, I see you do a lot awesome. Yeah, yeah, And so I appreciate.
Speaker 7: That for you to see like no, but I like I take a lot of pointers from you because you despite like whatever's going on around you or like whatever's happening, you're still like laser focused on the shit that you want to do for yourself and a positive like And that's that's big because in a world where.
Speaker 2: It's full of negativity, it's kind of hard to stay in pogus.
Speaker 8: Man, I be feeling like I'm blessed all the time.
Speaker 9: It be little things.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I got upgraded to Delta one. I'm blessed, Like thank you God. You know what I mean, but this coach flight and God like things like that. I'm gonna be honest, like coming out to this festival, that's how tell I'm saying that they just upgraded me to the presidential suite when I checked in, I don't know who loved me over there?
Speaker 6: What he doing that?
Speaker 8: God is like I cannot be mad at like all the great things been happening in my life. But I also feel like when you put out that energy, that's the energy. That's the energy that comes back to you, so you never know, Like just that, I feel like that's a real thing. Like I've been in situations where I feel like God is like really looking out for me.
Speaker 1: What's some of the weirdest things you don't heard? Like when you let people call in, like, what's some of the weirdesthit to stick to you that you're like God?
Speaker 8: I mean, one woman calls in for tell us a Secret and said she got paid because that guy wanted to watch her shit. You know, there's money and everything, so people got all kind of fetishes.
Speaker 1: Hey damn Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 8: Tell It's a Secret, we get like the craziest cost for that segment. And when I was putting my show together. The idea was to have a segment that is like no judgment. People could call in and like confession and we're not gonna like say nothing or judge you. And it has gone like completely crazy, just the things that people are calling in about judging. They know, always judging, and I I tell him this, may no, why are you judging the ship?
Speaker 6: You done?
Speaker 9: Did that? I know about?
Speaker 8: Okay, So but you know, I think that we also live in a society where everybody's always judging every little thing, and so I like to just let people call it anonymously.
Speaker 12: And as much as people be.
Speaker 8: Mad, it's not my fault, Like real life is crazy shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just because I want to throw this out there because we always celebrate geminis and cancer and still everybody with capricorns are so great.
Speaker 8: Capricorns are super loyal, I think more than any other sign. Plus be the goat when people talk about the goat, like that's literally the Capricorn. And we work really really hard and we're very ambitious, and I think.
Speaker 1: I had to get that out there. We'll never celebrate capricorns.
Speaker 8: Noah, we said capricorns are like ambitious, we're really like slow and steady and what we do and we're super loyal and.
Speaker 2: That's what we're known for.
Speaker 8: And that's definitely the all day.
Speaker 1: We're stubborn too. We are stubborn.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we're stubborn. Yeah, you know, but listen, it ain't nothing from with that. We'll give you a chances, and then when you mess it up, it's over.
Speaker 4: Like permanently, absolutely absolutely, So tell us you do you like? I mean, I want to say, do you like Dallas with it? When you come to Dallas? Do you do anything when you come here to Dallas.
Speaker 8: I was telling my friends, like, first of all, I have like twenty people with me because everybody wanted to come to Dallas. But I always say, come into Dallas and feel like such a rich place.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was in even Market today. They said it's the first Marcus Is in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 8: They were telling me that this is where it's all like started.
Speaker 9: And so I just really like it here. The food has been.
Speaker 8: Amazing, so I definitely gain weight and then lost it today in this heat, so that's a positive thing. But it's very hospitable here too, And so I think people like always talk about Houston, but Dallas I've had so many good times here, so it's really fun is to come back and be at this basketball.
Speaker 10: What city you get the most love in for like when you do your podcast, I think Detroit.
Speaker 8: When we did our tour, Detroit but sold out. It was crazy, Chicago, Chicago, was in Atlanta. I would say all of those cities.
Speaker 1: Atlanta was wild.
Speaker 8: You know we had on that episode, it was it was crazy. I'm not gonna lie. We had trouble Wife and Luci oh yeah, yeah, I mean it was a really amazing episode. And then when we did Chicago, ge Herbalt came out and Marie came out right, we had Sata baby. Yeah, you know, we had ice wear Vessel. So when we did our tour, we got so much love from people. It was really really amazing. We actually we went to Houston, not Dallas on that No, you know what, we did come to Dallas also, but yeah, we did a lip service tour and I will tell you that shit was so much work. I was doing a tour and then getting up and doing the Breakfast Cup in the morning. So I was going from city to city, waking up doing the show, and then getting on a flight or on a bus to go to the next city. Yeah, in the different studios, so you know, I heard had studios everywhere, so oh yeah, And I was like, I'll never do that again, Like I will, you know, go and do stuff on the weekends. But it was so much work, but you know it was it was a grind.
Speaker 1: You feel good waking up a little later for radio, Now.
Speaker 16: That's amazing.
Speaker 8: I woke up at four am in the morning for twelve years, and so now I'll wake up at like seven. It's a blessing. When I tell you gotta be looking out, I'll wake up at it and I feel like I'm so well rested, Like I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: That shit is hard.
Speaker 8: People would be like, oh, you get used to but you'll never get used to that. It's just not normal, y'all. Ain't never had to do that.
Speaker 4: About six six or seven of myself, Yeah, not fall I'm out of that. So for people moving and shaking on the goal like that, Like, what's a couple of gems you'll give people, like maybe on some health shit or some spiritual shit or something that I keep going.
Speaker 8: Even for me right now, it's been hard for me to like take care of myself the way that I should because I've been working so much. I think it's important to give yourself things to look forward to. Self care is a big deal, and so even just getting massages like that's maintenance. Accupuncture. I don't know if you ever did accupuncture, but oh, y'all gotta try accupuncture when I tell you, that's a whole nother experience. But take care of your body and then try to you know, we're not always gonna eat good and do the right thing, but just try to make sure you like have a bit of a balance when it comes to that, and it'll you taste better too.
Speaker 1: So we are backstage with Backwoods.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you indulged, but what does Backwoods mean to the hip hop culture to you?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think I'm from Brooklyn, so Backwards was it every store, every bodega?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 8: Growing up, that's what people always used to smoke. I feel like it's one of the staples when it comes to like all these different people happen their own brands, Backwards always ignored. Yeah, it's still hearing clearly, and they still making money because they're sponsoring this. Y'all got a whole set up.
Speaker 1: We are here reappreciation when you come to the at.
Speaker 8: I know Scream used to be my friend.
Speaker 4: I don't know what changed changed. I used to text every birthday. She changed her number, she got in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: I still got the same nothing, but you know, you.
Speaker 1: Text somebody and come back green.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Always.
Speaker 8: I don't know, but me and Scream used to be cool. But you know, things happen, People change.
Speaker 1: Gosh, No, congratulations to you and everything.
Speaker 8: Congratulations to you guys too, like, thanks so much. The movement that y'all have is really amazing.
Speaker 1: The lane and lip service and meets you Big Facts. We gotta get gotta get into.
Speaker 8: Y'all gonna talk though, yeah about what anything. Let's get it because I feel like TJ got some turn on y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 17: Big shout shout to Angelie pulled it up on us, backwoods, backstage and together land you know what it is.
Speaker 1: Triple w dot Big fatspot dot com. They said anything else spell well at.
Speaker 3: Big Man Nick Bright visit the new website today, Big factspod dot Com.
Speaker 4: Backwards, backstage, you know what it is and together let Big Bank, Baby J d J Screen Big Facts Live shopping it up right now with the one and only the Queen t Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what's so, how you feeling.
Speaker 16: I'm feeling good, y'all. I'm emptum charged up time. Yeah, outside.
Speaker 1: You here, that seem to be in topic today. That heat is different.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 16: And I'm from Chicago, so I gotta get used to this, you know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like.
Speaker 2: A whole yeah Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I said, what your experience like together.
Speaker 12: Vibe?
Speaker 16: I got Hre really early, so I was excited to see everybody outside. But it's a big vibe. I heard Drew Hill just going crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I love me a good plastic army group right, having a good time.
Speaker 4: You've been a part of a lot of amazing music, like some time ago and like even recently now you're making a lot of amazing music. I guess kind of give some of the people out there just in case a little refresher and some of those part of Basically a lot of people.
Speaker 19: Met me when I was like sixteen and I was, you know, making mixtapes in my basement. You might know me from Winning's Diary, yes exactly, or maybe you know me from simbling and our collaborations I have a million record going.
Speaker 16: You know, I've had three styles with jac and you know most others.
Speaker 19: I mean recently, I'm independent now, so I've been releasing a lot of album It's a lot of music and I'm all.
Speaker 16: For the girls. So you know, if you got a sister mom, you know what I mean. De're familiar with me?
Speaker 9: Yes, what it is?
Speaker 4: So what's your what's your five like when you when you're going to the studio. What kind of vib you gotta set to make those hits? What's some of the sentences you gotta have in that studio?
Speaker 19: You know, I write a lot of my music in my own personal space. So a lot of my biggest songs I wrote them home. I kind of like to like be in my solitude and just put my thoughts on paper without anybody distracting me.
Speaker 16: I don't like it. I don't like all the rye rye like candles and had all.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 19: I love a good moved candles, low light them light, you know, real steamy kind of what do you like?
Speaker 16: I'm a tequila girls, so tequila John Yo and Najo an one.
Speaker 10: Okay, why I know on a South day, what you think makes you makes you unique, like what you're gonna bring to the game, and nobody never broke.
Speaker 19: You know what I think is the fack that I don't sugarcoat anything in my music, Like whatever I'm going through, You're gonna know about it, and you know I'm not hiding anything or trying to be something I'm not. And I think that's it's the Chicago in me, you know, like we don't really like take no for an answer, so you know I can follow off today and tomorrow you'll see me at the top again. And you know that that takes a lot for like artists these days, it's like if it don't happen now, I quit. And I've never been that way. I'm really like just French reading, you know, I just never give up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I feel like in today's culture, like our young people more especially like are only seeing like these girls that are only closing about going up there making money, and I mean they don't have anybody that can sound them like, hey, they ain't going so well or my boyfriend let me and I'm gonna be okay because exactly I'm process and I'm working for Roughie.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I lost my job, but it's not the end of the world because I'm gonna figure it out and I'm gonna put my feet down and get in the mud and can get it out.
Speaker 16: That's what I'm outside. I'm really about inspiring, encouraging the girls.
Speaker 19: And you know, I'm team natural, so it's it's it's a different process for me, and you know, I really sneak to what I do best and I'm not trying to be something I'm not.
Speaker 16: And the girls need to see that, you know, the girls growing up, they need to see that too.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm sure the appreciate it right up.
Speaker 16: I y'all, I'm a cry baby.
Speaker 9: Flow.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we always flow.
Speaker 1: What's your proudest what's your proudest career moment?
Speaker 16: My proudest career moment.
Speaker 19: I did my first theater tour last year and we actually sold out every day, so that was about maybe a thousand, fifteen hundred tickets in every city, and I'm really proud of that, y'all. I'm independent, so I'm off my own budget and everything I do comes from my own pocket and my own resources.
Speaker 16: So that meant a lot.
Speaker 19: To see them bands in every city, part they shit and really support. It's hard to tour in these times, y'all. I really know behind the scenes it's so hard to really get out here in d it.
Speaker 16: So I was proud of that.
Speaker 7: So how do you think being independent has made appreciate your fan base?
Speaker 1: Ward?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 19: It means so much to me because as an independent artist, all you have is really your platform, your Instagram, your Twitter. So you know, as if you're signed, you may have different resources, different reach. But my fans really connect to me off.
Speaker 16: The socials and just loving the music, So it means a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, can elaboration. What's that dream collaboration for you? The person that you love the collaboration.
Speaker 16: My dream collaboration.
Speaker 19: You know, I love the girls, honestly, I'm a I'm a fan of all the R and B girls, Sissy Summer Walker, kayliny Irie Lennox.
Speaker 16: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Summer Oh my god, yes, but all.
Speaker 9: The R and B girls.
Speaker 16: I got love for everybody doing their thing right now. You know, if we all could be on one song, that would be crazy.
Speaker 1: Look what you got coming up, Look at the fans look forward to.
Speaker 19: My album is coming WD five. You know, that's like my bride, my most sought after album.
Speaker 9: So the five is.
Speaker 19: Dropping in July, so that's gonna be for my girls. I'm going on tour with Today how Ego. I'm excited about that. Yes, the Magic alatur it starts in July. Sorry, it starts in June. So I'll be opening up for Jenna's an Arena tour and I'm excited to be on the road touching the fans just like today.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it is tank. We appreciate the conversation.
Speaker 16: I appreciate this.
Speaker 1: Go when when you ever come to Atlanta.
Speaker 16: I love Atlanta. I've actually thought about moving to Atlanta, so you know it's working. But y'all got a lot of connections in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You gotta get a full interview when Yeah.
Speaker 16: Let's really talk and get into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna get what. We're gonna put it together.
Speaker 16: Please, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Just backstage at Together Atlanta, big shots out to ticks on the.
Speaker 17: Streets exactly, Big Fact, no cat fitch backwards backstage, Big Facts live at Togetherland.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, big thing, baby Ja d J screen, we're here.
Speaker 6: Fan DV has pulled up on us finally, Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 12: Up on y'all in tectives and not Atlanta is crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually roder control.
Speaker 7: And Will and Will.
Speaker 9: Okay, so this is what we need. So this is Mandy Bee.
Speaker 7: She's half of my fucking favoritest podcast in the whole wide world.
Speaker 2: I need you to tell the people exactly who you.
Speaker 12: Are and what the fuss you do and row you to check me out every Monday. Horrible decisions.
Speaker 13: We destigmatize kings, yeah, sec and dating and relationships within the black community.
Speaker 12: Ye or we pop up literally whr e and my face comes up?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great, Yes, a lot of decisions DD. Holl on y'all been at there? How many episodes we are?
Speaker 12: We are almost at eight years, so we'll be preaching eight years.
Speaker 13: We're working on a book right now. Shout out to charlomagne H. So we're working on a book right now, but almost approaching eight years. We have I would say three.
Speaker 12: Hundred almost three hundred episodes, but also payt.
Speaker 13: Trump the twenty seventeen the probably second hundred episod, the content.
Speaker 1: I did the feel when people call you'all a section in the city of podcasts.
Speaker 13: First off, those are white women, so not really that. I love what we're able to talk about. I think it's fun.
Speaker 12: I think everyone is fucking afraid of us, which is crazy, but.
Speaker 2: It's like you, maybe they ain't afraid of us.
Speaker 9: Maybe Dad with all the ship.
Speaker 13: No, but like for the artists that are performing here, definitely they scared of us.
Speaker 1: They don't really want to come on the pot.
Speaker 12: I ain't gonnare I ain't gonna hold you. And I felt like I see the way I was just grinding to Drew Hills.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, they got damn The song song just.
Speaker 1: Had me even.
Speaker 9: Beauty though.
Speaker 12: Listen, I loved it, y'all. It's hot, Like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Why are you?
Speaker 12: Who told you to wear a hoodie in Texas? I need to I need to ask you questions.
Speaker 1: We didn't know. We didn't know, so no one looked at the weather. I did thought it was Atlanta ninety. You thought it was an Atlanta ninety.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Another this was like drop that Mosquito ninety, Like this is no funny.
Speaker 10: Do you think when you start a podcasting you found your purpose. I think it's giving me a purpose.
Speaker 1: I think like we got in at the right time.
Speaker 13: I know a lot of people are still trying to figure it out, like I didn't think that me sharing my stories.
Speaker 12: Would be like my legacy or like I've been walking out as the pestiful.
Speaker 13: All day and the people were like, oh my god, and we were like yeah, people like y'all talk about sex, this is easy, and they kind of diminish what we do to go out and see, like how we.
Speaker 2: Really affect people.
Speaker 13: Can't nobody tell me shit like I love meeting our fans because we helped them nev dating relationships and themselves.
Speaker 7: But just what I wanted to ask you, so, what made you get to a place where you were comfortable enough speaking about the quote unquote unspeakable.
Speaker 2: You know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm in therapy right now.
Speaker 12: I can't go back and listen.
Speaker 13: Here's niggas and I like them, and now I'm like, ya, no, I ain't gonna do I'm like, I've just been real throughout. I absolutely don't advocate for half the shit I did five six years ago.
Speaker 12: Like, baby, if you want to find me out, it's first. Plus I was taking economy on spirit.
Speaker 1: It was met Yeah, yeah, it's no better.
Speaker 12: Yeah, here's the first flight ticket.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 13: But like I was really like, niggas book me on the spirit yo, yo, if I think you know, I didn't know no better.
Speaker 12: So I'm like like now when I listen back like awful. Yeah, I think I think the older you do get, the more like you can advocate.
Speaker 9: You can get what you want.
Speaker 12: You can tell these motherfuckers what you like and did they step up for they don't.
Speaker 7: But what I think is also too, Like, I don't think you understand how many people are able to identify with your previous stories and how it empowers them to be able to hear somebody have a voice and talk about the things that they never felt like.
Speaker 2: They would be able to open up about. Like that shit is major.
Speaker 13: I mean I was corporate weasy night, both started corporate America. Listen, I was having a I was out partying all night, having to go to H and M to get a new outfit to go to work.
Speaker 12: Like I wasn't going home. We was outside and I loved it.
Speaker 13: So many women yet not everyone could share because y'all niggas don't allow us to have a life before you.
Speaker 9: But I love them that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you are the spirit animal to a lot of fun.
Speaker 12: Serious bitch on the fun girl, don't call me the spirit bench. I was aigga what the eventually got damn it?
Speaker 1: You know that's best question was can you see yourself get married?
Speaker 12: I'm not married.
Speaker 2: No, I make too much money.
Speaker 1: No, I not being a motherfucker.
Speaker 13: Wendy Williams, me, y'all not gonna who else marri date Blige, Me, Kelly Quarks than me?
Speaker 1: Make more money than you though? Boo Okay, he said make more money than you? He said, who's cropping it? Oh she's the biggest say that.
Speaker 12: The guys that I want, I don't think and I want to be a little lucky.
Speaker 1: Guy that just enjoy me. But you would marry I don't want to get married.
Speaker 13: At all, and I don't want kids, don't want married. So like that's the hard party right now, you gotta I'm Tracy Ellis Rod.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah he has.
Speaker 12: Of course he's been talking about it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 12: I don't need to be married or have kids. I'm living my life. We have one like slims. No want to travel sound birth class in the bad?
Speaker 2: What's side.
Speaker 6: Laying down?
Speaker 12: Laying down when I travel?
Speaker 1: But yeah, you believe in zodiacs?
Speaker 12: You don't wait, he's a I guess so I hate starts the moon.
Speaker 1: Stars the moon, hate starts the moon?
Speaker 12: Wait real quick, because you asked, are you about to try to guess what I am?
Speaker 1: No? No, I just asked.
Speaker 13: Oh so you By the way, ladies, if a man asked you on a first day you want to start of the moon, that's not the nigga for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 12: That means he don't got nothing to say.
Speaker 10: No, I'm just saying because I believe. I believe personalities of shape from stars of moons.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what so what's my star move? I don't know? Have think your air signed?
Speaker 2: Am I airtime?
Speaker 12: I don't know what this ship is.
Speaker 1: Guess what you think?
Speaker 6: A query?
Speaker 1: Libra Gemini?
Speaker 2: Oh you wave wrong.
Speaker 1: I think as.
Speaker 2: I'm a waters, I'm a cancer.
Speaker 1: Guess why you can't believe nobody the moon? Guess what she is?
Speaker 2: Though I would give her maybe, like a maybe, like a sporty or carrest.
Speaker 12: Okay, so this this is this is a real life. This is a real life, folks. Ain't no motherfucker paste.
Speaker 1: This is real. But you don't believe in this. I'm telling you what I said. But why you say you believe? Whatever they believe.
Speaker 12: I'm the I'm the realist one.
Speaker 1: So I'm a Libra.
Speaker 12: October ten, I just Carty Cardi's birthday. Me and Cardis shared the same birthday.
Speaker 10: But then I just say that though arasn Libra, wait is Libra and the air son, Yes, I said Libra.
Speaker 12: I thought it was land. Is there land fire, air water?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but she said Libra Aquarius. I said that, jumna, I did I think he did? I did he did?
Speaker 13: Wait, aquaries of the same sign as me. Ladies, if you ever meet an aquarious man, I don't believe in this, but one one that ain't the one?
Speaker 9: Hell, the one you have?
Speaker 12: Okay, run from.
Speaker 1: Them too, how you know if you don't believe in how you know? I'm just saying ron for man, ladies. Ladies, Oh god, but they gonna run.
Speaker 12: To baby your own bag, account, your wallet, pete, run the piece, bitch, that's what the running to.
Speaker 1: Everybody can't do that. They want to have no more people everywhere to reproduce. You gotta reproduce. Somebody gotta reproduce.
Speaker 12: Oh, I will problem with that, ladies.
Speaker 1: We are not here to reproduce for these niggas. He look God damn, how gon the world?
Speaker 13: When I come on Big Facs in Atlanta, they gotta be ready for me, because I don't think they was ready.
Speaker 1: Oh so we don't.
Speaker 10: We don't supposed to populate in the world. You said it stopped populating the world.
Speaker 1: How many kids y'all got one? You only got way three?
Speaker 12: How many baby mamas?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 17: I like that?
Speaker 9: But you have grown kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty twenty seven? At twenty three, you got a thirty year old?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh we we we mature up here?
Speaker 14: Back?
Speaker 12: What's backstage?
Speaker 9: Pick back?
Speaker 12: Y'all know it's given the mature crowd.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 5: It does I had out of here.
Speaker 7: This is We love you, Manny, and we can't wait to see you in Atlanta for the full uncut.
Speaker 12: The poor uncut. You gotta be ready.
Speaker 1: We got ready ready, you're not ready. It's a little hot today, but it's so hot I don't Yeah.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, back with pay them premiums and give them some overtime. Back with y'all got in your budget some he's motherfucking.
Speaker 1: Man, cash it up?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 1: Hey backwards backstage.
Speaker 3: A bright visit the new website today Big factspod dot com.
Speaker 1: Backwoods backstage together.
Speaker 4: The Libe Big Facts line continues, Big Bank DJ Spreen Baby Jane Welcome today NFL Legend part of the Pivod podcast, Ryan Clark, don't put up on us, Man, appreciate y'all good.
Speaker 20: I'm gonna tell you what y'all really y'all really bought that action man because it's hot out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shooting the show lights were we were just telling success comes with blood, sweat and tears.
Speaker 1: We got the sweat today for show. Hell yeah, I think you know. Just the space though.
Speaker 20: This is what it's about, able to be mobile, being different spots, talk to different groups of people.
Speaker 1: So Man, salutes to y'all for doing the works. Same thing with us with the bigger So Vivid is dope. Thank you? What made you? What made you decide to?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, y'all decided to start the Pivot podcast.
Speaker 20: So Channing and Fred Well, I am athlete first, that kind of diss all. The producer that was with them had left and they were having a discussion about starting the podcast and they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Get a third person. She recommended me.
Speaker 20: Hopped on the pall for like an hour, so they came up with the idea, came up with the name and then it was just executed. You know, I go back and look at the first shows and I'm like, man, we were really trash, you know what I'm saying, Like those were not great shows.
Speaker 1: But everything's progressing now.
Speaker 20: We're just announcer deal with fanatics last week, Thank you man, appreciate it. Popped on with Tom Brady right after the roast, and so things have been going well. Now we're into doing or we're finishing up just mental health Awareness month because y'all know, man, in our communities, we can't afford depressions, right, Like, we don't grow up in the spot where black people really talk about that. So that's been big for our podcast this month.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 7: With the dynamic on you Guys' show, how difficult is it to stand your ground about your personal opinions without being offensive to your class man?
Speaker 20: Well, one, we're always together, right, So Like if I go, if I say something on the show, if it's not something we've already talked about, they know me well enough that they can kind of predict that's where I'm gonna be. And in most conversations too, like it ain't about them, right, right, like if I disagree with him, I'm not disagreeing with the human disagree with this, you know, and so we always try to be respectful about that.
Speaker 1: And a lot of times too, like we're trying to push a.
Speaker 20: Positive message, sure, right, and so like if we disagree with where if somebody is on something, we allow them to have that space. Like it ain't this ain't first tape, right, you know what I'm saying. So we ain't trying to prove nothing at the cost of the other person, right right, Okay.
Speaker 4: What you think the key is if you're an athlete, football, basketball, whatever the case is, to maintaining your finances. We hear that story over and over again about people basically sucking their money up.
Speaker 20: Well, one, in the case of me being married, get you a woman that knows how to say no for you, okay, right, Like I'm at you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I met my wife when I was seventeen.
Speaker 20: I met her in high school. We were best friends early through our college, and so she knows for me. I'm like, give give gil right, I feel like God blessed me to bless others. But also you can't give it to the point to where you don't have exactly. And so for us, it was about making sure we were smart with our money, that we were financially stable, and then understanding what money we had that we could be disposable with.
Speaker 1: Right we want to go.
Speaker 20: My kids are names Jayden, Jordan and Logan. We're not gonna take Jaden Jordan and Logan. Yeah, we're not gonna take food off of their play to do something frivolous or to have fun or whatever that was. But like like anything, man I had our teammates, She's like, hey, man, you can't die with it, which is true, but I could leave some of my kids. Think about like the wealthy people and other coaches, they always have something set up for those who come behind them to not have to struggle as much as they did.
Speaker 1: And so once we did that, once we.
Speaker 20: Can set those things aside, you know, we were able to start doing some more things for ourselves, doing things for other people.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is I never stopped working. Like I'm still working. I'm still trying to earn, I'm still trying to create. Yeah. Absolutely, nah.
Speaker 10: So how do you deal with the people that you know, feel entitled to You know what I'm saying, because you know, we start doing so much before she was able to say no.
Speaker 1: For you, how do you to deal with the people that fell in love with what you did?
Speaker 20: For I had great people, and too for me, it came slowly, so I wasn't drafted right, so I was cut and so I did all these other things before I became a pro bowler, before we won Super Bowls, and so I had so many understanding people behind me. Parents were still married, man, still great people. Like when we got married in my second year, I wasn't on a team. They wanted like extra people to come to our wedding.
Speaker 1: They paid for those people. They didn't expect for me to be able to have it all. For me to be able to have it all, I have to.
Speaker 20: Do everything because they wanted a certain amount of people to come to the wedding. And so now as I continue to make money, as I continue to grow, my parents never asked me for something, but I was able to say, nah, Mom, sit down right, like you ain't got to work no more. I got you, pops, It's okay to retire, Like how are we gonna handle finances and doing things going forward? But without them being the way that they were for me, right, I couldn't get to that point absolutely, But think about this.
Speaker 1: You know how great it is to be able to tell.
Speaker 20: Somebody my parents don't even ask for that, right, you know what I'm saying, Like what they gonna tell you? Somebody comes to you and they say they want something, and you're gonna be like, my parents wouldn't even ask me. If my parents haven't done that, my parents still work.
Speaker 2: You're out of pocket, get out my face pretty much pretty.
Speaker 1: Much like clearly you know you're dead ass wrong.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, so, like I mean, I think it all goes together though.
Speaker 10: Nah, so how how was it like the ship like the transition? How was the transition for you, like to get into broadcasting the But yeah.
Speaker 20: So I interned at ESPN. When I was playing, I sat somebody mad at y'all too.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yes you can't. How you do RC many pleasure Man get to beat you, bro? Yes you can't. Right after this?
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, but like so I was.
Speaker 1: Already planning for the transition. I majored in mass calm and I was willing to do the work.
Speaker 20: So once you intern, I signed a contract while I was playing, and so the transition was easy for me. The harder transition was figuring out how to be authentically myself and still succeed in linear TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what that was the hardest part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because that's a that's like a that's like a crazy space for a lot of people, because when you're in front of the public eye and in front of all of those people, it's kind of like it's a lot of people that don't understand maintaining your self, you know what I'm saying. So they'll kind of pretty much do anything to stay relevant and to go viral and to do this and that, and they don't get that losing yourself is basically losing everything because you have to try to keep up with something that you're not and that's that's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I think like the thing for me though, it's just like getting the opportunity to sit down with y'all.
Speaker 1: This happened organically because.
Speaker 20: Like I'm outside, like I'm in public, yes, yeah, I don't have security, right, So the thing for me, I'm here with my nineteen year old Yeah you wanted. The fun of the thing for me is to have the ogs come up to me and say, hey, man, you is in us well, exactly right for the people who I look up to, the people who I admire, or the people who I grew up in the hoods seeing right that remind me of my uncles.
Speaker 1: Come up to me now, Man, I love everything that you're I'm.
Speaker 6: From New Orleans.
Speaker 1: What yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's one of my favorite places in the world.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 20: But you know, when I go back there and they show me love, like, that's important to me. But it's also important to me that I show that people from where we are from people that come up like we come up, we can also navigate that world.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 20: I can see in any business media, I can sit in front of anny camera and I can articulate or communicate in a way that's on the level with anybody that's going to any school, that's growing.
Speaker 1: Up in any household, and I think that's important for them to see from up.
Speaker 4: Right in fact, in fact, so side of media, like, what are the adventures are you considering exploring?
Speaker 20: Well, so my daughter is in culinary school and so yeah and so so she's a baker. So I'm gonna invest in her business. Yeah, I want to start a bakery in the line of bakeries when she gets out. Real estate is obviously always something that I've been involved in, but with the interest rates, now that's something you got to be extremely smart about. But I've actually stated media and now I'm executive producing. I have my own production company just to tell our stories, right. I want to get opportunities for people who've been in our shoes, who have played sports and feel like they haven't had a chance to be their own voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to tell their own stories, to be.
Speaker 20: The narrator right, everything in their book. And so that's what I'm getting into more than anything. Out appreciate you, bro.
Speaker 4: What's something you would say to our community and to the young people, like in some game or some gyms that you will give them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think this is a gym. I'm sure they've already gotten.
Speaker 20: Like you can't be afraid of work, like we all like I want, like truly, like I want to be able to rest. I want to be able to sit in my house, but I can't sit at my house to believe knowing that I left something undone right and the other piece of it is too Like give yourself grace. Yeah right, it's like and y'all know this. Once your family and the people around you know that you've done enough to be at this event, there's now an expectation of the next step of the next thing, as if we're never going to have a misstep, right, or if we're never gonna like stumble right, or you're never gonna backslider any of those things.
Speaker 1: And it's like, when we do that, there's so much pressure on us to succeed that you.
Speaker 20: Could fold, like give yourself grace, man to know that, like you're not always going to make the right decision.
Speaker 6: Everything is not gonna continue to flow to man talk very.
Speaker 1: So like riding the bike. So we appreciate you. Pulliate y'all. We gotta get you.
Speaker 6: Got to get a full interview out of you.
Speaker 7: Really Okay, So Monday, Yeah, yeah, we gotta get one picture and then you know we need to sit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta tell me, don't.
Speaker 4: Live from the Toge festival in Dallas, Texas. You know what it is, DJ screen, Big Bank baby Jay, we hear you know what I'm saying. Catching up with everybody from the festival, and it's only right, you know, what I'm saying, we choffled up with an atl You gotta get this, nigga.
Speaker 7: His proper introduction to those that don't know exactly who Prince is to Atlanta, into the world, to the world start.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 7: Just for you guys, I don't know what camera men or whatever, but just like for you guys that don't know, this is Prince Williams. He's a really dear friend of mine. But outside of like the personal ship or whatever, Prince is responsible for basically painting the picture of the industry scene in Atlanta for like at least the last twenty to twenty five years.
Speaker 6: Wait, maybe thirty, say about.
Speaker 1: It's been longer than that, but twenty is official. Okay, I'm out there. I got seven when you realised seven o eight, Yeah, it was crazy. We gotta have you over here. They came up. We started getting money for is that you know?
Speaker 7: But I mean I remember you back like right just gving room days, like when that ship was on Crescent back then, like when meat was out like type ship.
Speaker 1: That was when I was exploring.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I mean you were still doing the damn good job outside if we won for you, A lot of this ship wouldn't have been documented.
Speaker 9: Seriously, facts, real, nigga shit, Like, man, your ship.
Speaker 1: It's hard because you know, I'm a grinder, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So I get it.
Speaker 9: I know the same ship.
Speaker 7: But it's like, now we got to understand and like Black has taught me this, Like he has drilled that into me, like you have to like but he's he's instilled in me that, like you have to step into your shoes and you have to water your flowers. And by watering your flowers, I mean like people already know what you do. People understand like the gravity of who you are. But a lot of times we try to downplay ourselves because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seem over zealous. Yeah the work.
Speaker 21: I'm from a different school though, I mean, like I'm old school photographer vibes where it's like, okay, you get in behind the camera, you're not really in front. So it's a new thing to really be. Everybody is a media now, everything is a meat exactly. Everyone has a station. And now that's the thing is a moment for that me and my growth is now you know, I was behind the camera, you know.
Speaker 7: You know that's how I started to like, yeah, like it's just it's a new thing. But but you have to embrace it, and you have to understand the magnitude of the history that you've made.
Speaker 21: Because I realized when I see things that I did, and it's like in the media like oh, Drake and Kendrick or whatever. But every time Prince William, I wake up and my email popped off, like Prince William prins.
Speaker 2: Let's not, let's not, let's not forget about it.
Speaker 9: I see that.
Speaker 21: I'm like, yo, words, yeah, you think the most iconic picture, man, my my one of my most that I just told the gentleman that just asked me.
Speaker 1: What my favorite was. It was the picture of future from birthday bash with that hat. Y'all know that hat.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's my photo. And that photo has went around the world. That has taken me around the world. Photo right there, like, that's what when I knew I was there, That photo jumped off and they was running it and people didn't know who took it. That's how I knew. I was like, oh, ship, like, yo, I did something. When I did that, you know, and then it went to the Drakes and the you know, because I had already been doing it. But like I said, once I started seeing that syndication. I started seeing that another picture was a mansion.
Speaker 1: Drake yeah, sure, oh.
Speaker 21: The other one from compound Kanye yes, Drake, yes, guess yes, future yes, shouty low.
Speaker 17: Yes.
Speaker 1: It was some more people there, but it was a two change.
Speaker 21: Everybody was there that night, and you know, the media thing was slowly going up, and then Atlanta was you know what I mean, we on.
Speaker 7: The maap now like because it was like before for I want to say, probably about ten years or so. The only other part doing it outside of you was maybe like sandral Road. But wasn't she getting most of her content.
Speaker 1: Sandra yea from you more of a blogger?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 21: She was a blocker and she was a photographer for excuse me. But then she went into the blog space and was just there. You know, that's when the gossip and all that was popping. Then I started taking photos for her, you know, as a contributor. Next thing, you know, you know that she was in the behind, but it was Santa Rose.
Speaker 1: It was Ben Rose.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 1: That's why I started. So how does it work.
Speaker 10: Like when people use your pictures like saying it's a picture you took, but y'all ain't did no business on it.
Speaker 1: People using to make money off of how that worked for you.
Speaker 21: They on me, and I can you know, like I said, I can get back with him, but I have a plan to kind of worry about that at one and one one day.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, yeah, yeah I could. I could be I could be a ham on it right now and be like, yo, that's my there's a lot of money out there. That's a lot of money out there.
Speaker 21: When it's time for that, that's when I'm gonna do that, you know, because right now I think I have maybe four million photos in syndication or you know, just four million, Like, that's a lot of photos. This is Mom, Pop Auntie. Everybody then took an atl P. Let's just keep it one thousands. We were one of the oldest and the coldest, you know. So it's like I don't mean yeah yeah, and it was up my space days. How dare you be in all these places at one time? Well, I mean, people appreciate me in different ways. So at the end of the day, they might appreciate me with it takes. They might appreciate me with a phone called scream, might call me and say, hey, bruh, chipping them over here right now, you need to call over here. We want to put on for the city. We know you connected and you affiliated. Long story short, I was affiliated in Atlanta before most of the media was affiliated. Yeah, so I'm really you know, And the truth of the matter is, I'm a journalist. I'm a photo journalist and have been for seventeen years affiliated with a company. So you know, again, I have a job to do. And yeah, how I get to these places?
Speaker 1: People hit me?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 10: Oh so you so because you might see y'all popping in fifteen minute. Here go here for thirty minute. Come back when this popping swing back.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean. And that's how it goes, cause you know, some spots down't go up till two am. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 21: So, but then I might go hit this birthday party somebody might be having. You might be having a bigger shower for everybody coming through. I might hit you up first. Then I know, Okay, I got a concert at eight thirty, I'm gonne by the Fox, and then.
Speaker 1: You know, keep it moving.
Speaker 21: But I feel like it helped, it helped the media, and you know it circle it's coming back around full circle now, y'all. You know, I'm having moments now all the time, like like even this, this is a moment, y'all. Y'all recognized who was the first ones around that was doing this?
Speaker 1: For sure? A lot of people do not, you know what I mean.
Speaker 21: So it's like, okay, you know that's why I appreciate big facts, even me. I'm a listener.
Speaker 10: Too, Like I love y'all show how you keep from getting like comfortable, like you know what I'm saying. You know how you know what you already did?
Speaker 1: How you stay hongry? Like how hung are you because your head? Well, the thing is mistakes getting left.
Speaker 21: You feel me looking at a blog and seeing ah, man, it was going down in New York, you know what I mean, Like at this event, and I could My schedule was clear, I could have went. I tell myself all the time, Brud, you gotta get up, you gotta show up. And then I watch a lot of podcasts too, and I listen to the.
Speaker 1: People I'm educated from.
Speaker 21: Y'all, you know, you got to show up to these things, jay Z or somebody just said it the other day, like you gotta show up. So that's what I constantly tell myself all the man, listen, you hit on something that was really close, because I do get comfortable, you know what I mean, because it's so much media now, it's so everybody is a media source.
Speaker 1: So it's not like before ESP actually with camera phones and all that.
Speaker 21: Listen, somebody got to fit the pictures, somebody got a video. And you know, before it was like, Okay, Prince is gonna cover you. But now you're moving on the quality. Like, now I'm moving on the quality, you know what I mean. I'm not showing up everywhere where I used to be. You might see me on old net.
Speaker 1: God damn at the you.
Speaker 6: Know, at the Mexican.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it's going down on Sunday. But now it's like, okay, those calls. I have a team too, you know what I mean? Right, You know, I stay I've always stayed up on technology. That Initially that was my thing. It was people out here taking photos that had not taken it to a media level. They were just taking photos and then what happened And I'm looking at them and I'm like, bro, I can do much better.
Speaker 2: I understand that it's a science tea.
Speaker 21: Yeah, like it's it's technical. You know what I mean, Like the technology is moving rapidly. That's why we all are media because of technology.
Speaker 1: These phones. Now it's easy.
Speaker 21: Before you had a big ass camera, broadcast camera, you couldn't just bring this up and y'all do a show. But now guess what. Now y'all got all these light cameras and you could do a full right here. It's easy to move, you know. So technology is bringing it forward and you know, and enabling it.
Speaker 1: Now we all media.
Speaker 4: I think the dope thing, man, is that you still like you could just have other people to take the pictures like you. But I think I've never seen him without a camera in all these years. Never happened.
Speaker 1: I don't, you know, y'all you know what the real ship is. I don't feel comfortable, you know.
Speaker 21: What I mean, Like I do have I have a little anxiety there, Like it's like I'm not doing nothing if I'm going to a party.
Speaker 1: If you ever see me at a party, I'm always looking like, man, I could have got that. Oh man, that's good. I'm always looking in the eyes of a looking through the camera. Yeah, like what you're doing on your birthday though, when you kick it, I know, camera no no, I don't, but I'm saying like that that'd be by.
Speaker 21: I remember doing that during my birthday, like oh such and such little baby cane, like let me photo and then I have my team there they doing it.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody does it like you. I love my guys.
Speaker 21: They didn't, no one. But you know, you always see things that you could have done, you know what I mean. So that's that's all, but long story show. Yeah, bro, my birthday, I'm always thinking that somebody get a photo yo, yo, get on your phone or something.
Speaker 4: But it is love, you know, Yeah, most definitely let him know when to tap in with you. Man, we appreciate you having a conversation with us. You don't say live at Togetherland, big facts lifestyle.
Speaker 21: I'm at at L picks on everything a t L P I c S dot net. That's w w W dot a t O pix dot net. But Prince Williams, you google any of that.
Speaker 10: You can find me Instagram, Facebook, Uber, yeah, uber erase nothing.
Speaker 1: He got this ship at listen Ben sent Ben stand.
Speaker 10: So I'm saying, like all the ship you got, all the old ship on the site, like sometimes just going there and to go back.
Speaker 21: You can go on at I don't know if people understand, like you can go back and just get lost.
Speaker 2: And I was like at O picks dot net is like the archive Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lifestyle. I'm trying to tell you, I do it.
Speaker 21: I go on there and be like, man back in twenty fifteen, man, like you feel me like this and I feel it. It's like, oh man, this is when I first met Black. Oooh, they go right there. You know what I mean, this was Black went off. You had that suit at gold Room with the hat and you you know what I mean, Like, I remember you was in there pace with SA growing up. You're telling me like different moments and I could you know their bookmarks to me, that's what photos are.
Speaker 1: They take me.
Speaker 10: Back and you're showing to grow from each artist, Like I remember, I even know to get this dude on my camera. I remember when I first they told me that night that that was him. The next night, look at him and look at him and look.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I know you don't seen a lot.
Speaker 21: Of peoples grow, all of them, bro, all everybody from Atlanta, Georgia pretty much.
Speaker 1: Because I'm so cavalier when.
Speaker 21: It comes to this a new artist, and everybody Jaya tell me, oh man, this this is my new artist, and anytime I see him, I'm gonna snap that photo.
Speaker 1: They might not have no song on the radio, nothing, I'm always salute.
Speaker 21: And then that's how I moved too black. Like you asked me, how do I know showing love to everybody? That's my job, just to show love, Like, hey, listen, you're on my camera.
Speaker 1: You a beat on my site.
Speaker 21: I don't know about nobody else, but you're gonna be on ATL picures. It's gonna go up and you can tell people.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen. I was recognized in that line because.
Speaker 7: All the same people that are looking for the little baby pictures or the jaz pictures of the body little pictures, they're gonna see your picture and know that like you're up here, so you mean something and that means a lot of niggas real.
Speaker 21: Yes, yes, I'm surprised by who looks at it. And a lot of the influences, the taste makers up high, they know to look there.
Speaker 1: Okay, what was.
Speaker 9: Going on in that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I saw scrib over here. I saw you know it is they kind of got them.
Speaker 10: They kind of shipped to be like, bro, you you ain't even outside if you ain't on ATLP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right back in.
Speaker 21: Those days, that was the thing, like if you wasn't on there, And that was that's why the pressure started building with me too, because it was like, okay, you gotta get on his camera.
Speaker 1: You feel me like him right there? And then I be running y'all.
Speaker 21: Know how I be running back and forth through the party in the event and then it be you know, people be pressing me.
Speaker 1: Like yo, come on, dog, you ain't trying to show me love. You know everybody want that love?
Speaker 9: So what dad man?
Speaker 1: Listen right here?
Speaker 17: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you too, Like everybody, everybody's conscious something.
Speaker 21: It is good because you know again, that's when I knew, you know, I still be fining now every day like oh man, this dude right here.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? It is what it is not for real. I'm telling you doing that, I like, bro, stop playing.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing, bro, Like I'm I believe in giving people they flower you do that.
Speaker 9: I see you.
Speaker 21: I'm gonna tell you I see you because I know that everybody's not gonna tell you they see you. They're gonna see you, and they gonna be quiet. They might like your posts, but they're not gonna really tell you. Like so again, when I open my ship up and I see Jade constantly, and I see Black constantly, and I see y'all whole Big Factors, I'm like, bro, I'm seeing this. They doing something right, you know, whatever algorithm or ship they got going on. Hey, y'all up, appreciate.
Speaker 1: Man, I love Hey. You'll see me in that. Yeah, Pi, you know what it is? Together Land. We hear they said anything else'll spell at Big Nick right now.
Speaker 3: Visit the new website today, Big factspad dot.
Speaker 1: Com Backwards, backstage and Togetherland.
Speaker 4: It's Big Facts Live, Big Baby, Baby j DJ, screen special guests, the Legendary, the Legendary, my brother DJ Michael. Yeah, Big Facts Live Suite at Togetherland, Backwoods backstage.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? What's up? Man? I'm feeling great man.
Speaker 18: You know, took a little hiatus from the music, man, but I'm back in action right now and I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: Really good about it. And why was that? What was the hiatus?
Speaker 18: You know what, man, I've been doing this stuff since I was fourteen years old, screen man, you know, and I never took a break from work. So right now, you know, I just took a break from work and just really started just focusing on my family and stuff like that, really just taking the chill. And I never had the experience of doing that, you know, because I got five kids, right, I have three adults, and I have two that I'm raising right now.
Speaker 1: Right, So with my adults, I was.
Speaker 18: So busy working in the music industry that I didn't really have a real chance to really raise them or either to be a part of the family. So right now I'm married now, and my kids i'm raising. Right now, I'm really being more up a father than really being there for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and I'm getting.
Speaker 18: A part of my life that I missed because you know, I was just such a slave to the work in the industry, right that I didn't give them about myself or my family. So now I just took time to care more about myself or started working out, started taking care of myself, and started taking care.
Speaker 1: Of my family. I saw you on the workout, So you do like what you do biking. I've been biking in I've been Jimmy. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, So so for the people out there that may not know or that may not understand the gravity of the personation war give them a little bit of background about who Michael Watts is and what Swish the House is.
Speaker 2: Okay, how how it's important to the history of Houston.
Speaker 18: Okay, I'm of course that you just history introduced me. I'm DJ Michael Watts. I'm the owner and creator of the Swish House movement. And for the people that aren't familiar with the Swish House movement, I created the careers for a legendary artists such as.
Speaker 1: Paul Waller, Mike John There, Mike Jones.
Speaker 4: And Paul Waller. You know, yeah, legendary mixtape series two. You know what I'm saying on the Kappa after the Kapper during the all.
Speaker 18: That for a lot of people that's into the Chapter Screw movement, you know, Switsch House. Man, I'm really famous for making slowed down and mixes. So my mixes of house, Swish House remixes. You know, I did a lot of famous artists such as Little Wayne, Little John, David Banner, three six mops.
Speaker 10: But what do you think Swiss House introduced to the rep game that you see people use today, Like, Okay, yeah, we started.
Speaker 18: Man I'm gonna tell you something, man, I feel like a big reason why a lot of people are making slow down music round there, and because of Swisher House, because I know that, like when it came down to the Chapter school movement, right, I was the main person that introduced the Chapter school music to the mainstream, and I started remixing people's album mainstream albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like whole project, Yeah, whole projects.
Speaker 18: So when you started hearing that and you really started getting exposed to that stuff on the mainstream, I started noticing a lot of people started producing their music at the speed that we started slowing things down at it. Because if you look at the beginnings of hip hop in the in the nineties and stuff like that, everything was like to one hundred beets per minuted, you know. So as everything excelled from the twenty ten's on up, a lot of stuff started being produced at the trap speed. You got the sixty beat permitted on the seventy range or if you want to double time it from the one twenties to the one part, right.
Speaker 1: How make you feel to see?
Speaker 4: Like, obviously it started with DJ Screwing, then you took it to a certain level and other DJs but how it make you feel to see the world influenced by slow down music, the double cups and everything and all that.
Speaker 18: It feels really good, man, to know that something that we was involved in is something that everybody else enjoy as well too.
Speaker 4: You think we'll ever see like that big switch to House reunion bringing everybody back Mike, Paul Chamelion and like everybody a.
Speaker 1: Tour show something like that.
Speaker 18: Man, I'm playing in a real big show like that, now, you know. I want to bring back all the hard hitters. I did a Solve Switch House reunion, but I want to do one with all the hard hitters.
Speaker 1: But this is the difference, though. I want them to perform the stuff that they did on the mixtapes.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I don't think a lot of people did a reunion show where they did their underground stuff. A lot of people do reunions where they do their commercial stuff. No, I want you to be Yeah, I want you the rocky stuff that you listen to in your cards on the streets. On the end of that whatever you statement, I want you to remember where we began at.
Speaker 10: What's some shit in the news is like kind of discouraged you be like, man, you know what I'm saying. You said what I said, What's some shit in this industry? They kind of discourage you as a producer, artist, entrepreneur. What's the shit that discourage you?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what, man?
Speaker 18: For me being a music head, I just think that the potity of music that comes out right now is a little bit discouraging. And because nowadays it seemed like the music the record companies they are investing in what they feel like that they feel that of work. Now understand, as an investor, you want to receive her return on your investments.
Speaker 1: But you know, my thing is this here. I love the.
Speaker 18: Creativity, and the fans love the creativity, and I just think that a lot of record companies aren't stretching the boundary rees like we used to back in the day. You know, because if you just the whole fact of if people didn't stretch their boundaries of their mind in Texas and the Chapter School movement wouldn't have even made it, you know what I mean, even like the swishuse yes, man, because if you heard anything from Swish House, it'll sound like anything that you were listening to at that time. If you didn't stretch your mind and they and removed the boundaries, we wouldn't have grown, you know what I mean, And the whole music industry would have never grown.
Speaker 1: Facts and you know, and and it's.
Speaker 18: Not like people have changed around there, like you know, people still want that new, that different, that out of the box round there. That's why you have people like Travis Scott's all blurishing to the level that they are because they're different. They're not doing what traditional now think that about what come from Houston? What traditional from Houston? He breaks all of those boundaries.
Speaker 1: So you believe in pushing the next shit? Absolutely?
Speaker 18: Yeah, absolutely, century and not following Yes, absolutely, man, That's what life is all about, man, setting trends, not following facts.
Speaker 4: Even though this happened some time ago. I'm just curious to know your take on it, the Drake and Kendrick situation. How'd you feel about it just as a fan of hip hop? And how'd you feel about the outcome of their battles?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 18: You know, it's so crazy, man, I wasn't expecting that outcome of that, you know what I mean, because when you know people that come against Drake, man, you know he'll he'll just throw He'll just laying him a blowing bam and knock him out right. But the way that Kendrick came back was just epic, you know what I mean. It's just like, man, it's like Kindrick came with a combo, you know what I mean. And I know that no one was expecting that, and nobody expected for him to get in that cut the way that.
Speaker 1: He did, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 18: It was like literally watching Mike Tyson got get beat up by you know what I mean, by the dude.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Yeah, you wasn't expected for him to get in that gut, you know what I mean like that, you know, but it was a lot of fun because we haven't had that much fun as fans in the hip hop in a long time.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 1: It didn't turn violent, Yeah, it didn't turn violentce you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: And I hope that it doesn't turn by you know, I hope it just stays where it is around there and let that be what it is around there and doesn't escalate, you know, yeah, because I remember when somebody could just take a lyrical ass whopping and that's what it is, yeah, or something they still want.
Speaker 1: To do for your ship. So it's great they got his as well. Basic lyric wise, to me, I'm gonna give it that card.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 1: I feel like Carer canded into him. You know he did. Yes, he did do that, you know what I mean? He did.
Speaker 10: I ain't see that coming. He's just didn't you just post it is a Gemini thing, bro Like he's saying.
Speaker 7: That, but it's not even it's not even about it's about that too. But another thing that people forget about Kendrick is also everybody was just like so amazed that he was able to come back so hard, so quickly. This nigga want to fully surprise for his songwriting capabilities.
Speaker 2: Like he he's he's on another level when it comes.
Speaker 6: To that kind of ship.
Speaker 1: You know what, I honestly being that Kendrick was already prepared for what he already like he been, won't that? Yeah? I feel like, yeah, but.
Speaker 7: If you if you listen to the ship though, he also incorporated some ship.
Speaker 1: A lot of mad though already mad. No, he's matter.
Speaker 10: I just say some new ship. I'm so mad about some other ship. I just say some new ship that's gonna fuck you up.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, you know what, I wouldn't be surprised that Kendrick has like a drink punching bag in the gym, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 18: And he probably been hitting that motherfucker every day that he works out and shitting round there.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 18: And it's been prepared for this battle probably for years, you know what I mean. Shit, because when you hear the lyrics and wait, he came in the urocity ant there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know he didn't wait for Drect to even come back. He just did a double plucking humph huh. You know what I mean. Yeah, and that's something new that I haven't seen in hip hop. And he's still loaded. He read it for us and low He's still loaded. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: What's something you want to do for your city?
Speaker 4: Obviously culturally you've done a lot for your city through you know, arts and culture and hip hop, or what's something else you want to do for your city?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 18: I want to do a Swish the House show, right, But what I'm gonna do in a Swish out show, I'm not gonna let everybody rap their songs regular speak right, I'm gonna remix everybody's song, and everybody's gonna perform their songs to the remix that I done to it.
Speaker 1: That's something that nobody ever did, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 18: And also I want to bring back some of the legends when I went up there and I and I remixed their records.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 18: I want to bring a show with the three six Mappies, with the David Banners, you know what I mean, fit Little Wayne that the remix that I did for that ship, you know what I mean. I want to to see that forformed live because no one has ever done that, right. And Also what I'm doing now, I'm pushing thettle culture forward, right instead of just living on that, you know, I'm slowing that. I want to slow down the new music around there and give them the Michael Watt's experience because it's a difference between getting slow down by someone else and getting slowed down by me.
Speaker 1: You know that, it has a totally different feel from it.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 18: I've been doing slows down in chop music since screw is a lot right, right, And for all the people that's doing doing it now, I'm probably the only one that has relevancy that has been doing it since.
Speaker 1: Screw was a lot you said, like they stood the test of time.
Speaker 18: Yes, absolutely, you know because Swisher House was a birth why Screw was a lot?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Who the biggest artists you said you did? You did a slow down Joint fourth The biggest artist I did to slow down the biggest project ship Man, like I said, Little Wayne, Oh yeah, Wayne, want say that, Little Wayne?
Speaker 1: And right now I just did a I did. I just did a Megan single b o A.
Speaker 22: Oh okay, mega static. Yes, I just did Megan's b o A single. So that's out right now. Okay, But I have a single on my own that I have right now.
Speaker 18: Called uh it up off Me. My artist that I'm pushing right now is Gorilla Bubb. So that's the that's the new single that I got out right now, and that's regular Spee. I actually haven't even did to switch out remix to it yet, you know, we haven't released it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the song is b o A.
Speaker 18: So this is something new that I'm bringing to the fourth Front right now. So this is the introduction of the new stuff that I'm doing for this region right now.
Speaker 1: But at this time right now.
Speaker 4: All right, big shots out to DJ Michael Watts pulling up Big Fat Live.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, much love and respect to you, my brother. You know what I'm saying. Make sure y'all tapping.
Speaker 4: With him, following him and Backwoods backstage is going down at Togetherland.
Speaker 1: Y'all stay tuned a little street.
Speaker 17: It's Big Fat No Captain, Backwoods Backstage, Togetherland.
Speaker 4: You know what it is, Big Facts Live is going down, Big bag baby j DJ screen right now, Jason.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, So what's up? I'm chilling man? How you doing? Everything is wonderful?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: What you been on? What you've been on? Hey man, a lot, bro.
Speaker 18: You know, because we had the we had COVID happen, and we had the fight happen and all through that. You know, everybody, everybody who's a filmmaker, nos like, once you get bit by that bug, yeah, it's not no not doing it, you know what I mean. So, you know, thanks to guys like uh Jaslayvis Coleman at pei Udo, you know, we was all inving to reach the town pockets and do our own things.
Speaker 1: So that was good and you know, still the same old shit.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm so much booking movies in there.
Speaker 4: What you do during that time to keep it pushing and then they had to strike and all this stuff too, Like what you do to keep it pushing through all that time?
Speaker 1: She's started my own company. Okay, you know what I'm saying because I look at guys like like Tyler Perry.
Speaker 18: You know what I'm saying, Like a lot of these guys that are just changing the game right now, because we gotta change with the times, you know.
Speaker 1: So I've just been trying to give as many opportunities as possible.
Speaker 18: Started a five and once he three called dreams Seek. I'm teaching people everything behind the scenes because they always give us this propaganda like being a star is the move, but the truth is, everybody ain't got it.
Speaker 1: Everybody ain't gonna make it. Yeah, you know what I mean. But instead of teaching them how to be on the team, I'm teaching them how to get the team, you know what. So have been a move later.
Speaker 4: And then one of my favorite roles from you. Obviously you got a lot of dope roles. Yeah, that easy e roll, man, How do you get prepared to play a role like that? And how long did it take to get prepared to play a role. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 18: Being from New Orleans, like the accent was a big thing, you know what I mean, just learning how to talk properly and all of that. So I put weeks and weeks and weeks into that. But also I just went and at the family, you know what I mean. I went to Kelly Park. I did everything I thought easy with doing a regular dame because you know, being an individual is all about opinion, you know what I'm saying, and the things that you've been through they helped shape you into how you think and how you feel.
Speaker 1: So you know, that's what I did. I dug in as much as I can find. You know, what's your favorite role you play?
Speaker 23: It's like, as I man, if I got a favorite kid, man, I don't know, bro, And I'm not just saying this because I'm here, but it might be Superfly because it was the first time I played myself, I feel like, you know what I mean, Like it was like, do you whatever you want to do, just do it, and I'm like, all right, so yeah, but Superfly was.
Speaker 1: Li Yeah, nah, they did. They definitely did that say your own word exactly, exactly exactly. Yeah, yeah, what's next for you? What you see next for you?
Speaker 18: Well, I got a movie right now called Black Heat with nLite Chopper and Dream Dogs going to ab f F right now.
Speaker 1: They nominated me for Best Actors.
Speaker 23: So I'm like, I don't even know if I won't go, so just in case I get bad news, I ain't gonna be there for it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I got that. I got a couple more drops this year. I'm just working. I'm just working. I'm gonna keep it up with that shot. Huh what about that shot? Using the shot too? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Unfortunately I'm not on that no more. And I had I like it was a it was a great experience, It was a great what hap it with it?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 1: They just decided not to pick up the contract for the next year, you know what I mean? So, so how did you go out? Like how you go out the show? I don't remember. I don't even know you ask them.
Speaker 18: I heard that I was in the casket because I don't watch my own stuff anyway. Everybody who know me, you know I already know, like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't watch my movies, I don't watch my material. If y'all like it, I love it.
Speaker 18: But yeah, apparently I was just in a casket with a picture on top. It could have gave a nigga an episode or two to.
Speaker 4: Get out of that.
Speaker 1: It's all good. Yeah. So a lot of times you think.
Speaker 4: When people be like dying in shows like Go Some Power and all these other shows, you think could be contract show.
Speaker 1: Most of the time.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, people be having shit to do, you know what I mean, because once you get locked into a show, like they got a lot of say so on, you know, the projects that you get to do and the material you get to receive.
Speaker 1: So if you ain't got the time, you can't work. You know, yeah, gotcha, gotcha, gotcha, gotcha. And then so you're from New Orleans. Yeah yeah, I'm a proud highly growl representative.
Speaker 18: Okay, I'll be out here to Mardel with Wayne So yeah, okay, yeah it's gonna be lit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bryan Way ain't over here making come fun with us man. Yeah, Manna get that motherfucker in the movie. Yeah, I'll get him to produce one. Did you indulg You indulge in backwoods?
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm a backwood smoker, I will say, But like I just been laying low on the weed. Just got you when you did. What was your favorite flavor? Russian Kream? Russian cream everybody. Yeah, it went by a Lance line Yeah for sure, Yeah for sure and Russian Kream for true. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Man, must continue success to you. Man, We're gonna tap in and keep watching you on that big screen. You know what I'm saying. He find a word to the people and the motivations some game you want to give him.
Speaker 18: Just never let nobody tell you what you can't do. You know, I know we keep hearing this all the time, like, don't let people can't ship onto you.
Speaker 1: But it's the truth. It's the truth.
Speaker 18: Well, just because you can't do it, don't mean I can't, you know what I mean, Because you'll see me around. Every time I got written off, Like every time somebody told me I couldn't do it, I just proved them wrong, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because I could already see the vision. So your vision be the light. Let God leads your steps. You'll get the real ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Backwoods, backstage and togetherland.
Speaker 1: You know what it is. Big Facts Lives, Loop.
Speaker 3: Nicks, thee Today, Big Factspad Dot com.
Speaker 1: Back Woods, Backstage are together. Land.
Speaker 4: It's Big Facts Live, Big Bank, Baby j d J Scream welcome right now, the one and only, the one and only Jarrek Clark.
Speaker 22: Then't chop it up with us up brofore we get started. I'm so proud of what Spream j Bank were chopping doing with this podcast. What's up being watching it and watching it and watch it grow and what y'all doing. Man, I just want to I want to salute y'all, man, y'all, not really Jane, not really Jane, but y'all to I do, I do, I do, but I know, seriously salute to y'all man the way y'all just y'all grinding and really blowing this thing up. Man, it really motivates me with my show. And then episode rough Ship I got about. I got a few episodes under my belty when all ship druck. Huh when all episodes rough we did? I episoded about it dropping a few weeks. Yeah, and that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 22: Everybody tune in story time with le J and Jerry. I got this brother bank on. We're talking some cash Jay, some cash money Ship springs cold Ship because y'all already know from being around his brother every day. This is one of the most knowledgeable dudes like I over the years. I usually just watch clips of him just spitting that ship man is the type nigga I'm talking about me. He just speak that ship man. Yeah, and anybody can appreciate it, man, woman, black, white.
Speaker 2: You know, because it's universal.
Speaker 22: And then his transformation that he speaks so hot, the come on man, it is due man.
Speaker 1: But you know what I just want to get you always do. I appreciate it? Yeah, Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: This is a backwoods backstage man.
Speaker 4: So we got to speak about what do you think when you hear Backwoods what it means to hip hop culture?
Speaker 22: Well, with me being a non smoker, I know what it means overall from a culture standpoint, And they've had their imprint in this culture period, not just on the South, but period all across the board. So you know a lot of my friends they smoke Backwoods. Yeah, so I know it's a great brand. Like I said, I'm a non smoke. I'll do a little dope beverage every now and then.
Speaker 1: Jay, that's it. That's all I do.
Speaker 22: You know it may be a good SI guard up Bank, I said, look Bank right now, he got him a backwood look.
Speaker 1: He he represented am very well, very well.
Speaker 4: You know, in a lot of studio sessions, et cetera, it can't get started to the backwoods. Come the backwoods, ain't there, can't get started.
Speaker 1: Right about that?
Speaker 22: Shout out the backwoods man, like I say, even though I'm a non smoker, I know it's I know what they mean.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 1: Just overall to the coaching.
Speaker 10: You gotta stage today, right, I'm sorry, I said, you gotta stage today right here together Land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on.
Speaker 22: I'm on the podcast stage, which is big. This is our first since I relaunched the podcast. This is our first live show. So me and my brother new face. Yeah, that's very big. And then here yeah yeah, here together Land in Dallas, Texas. Then I get to run into my atl Then I'm live. I mean, it don't get no better, man, but this Texas heat disrespectful. Even through the heat, it's still a great thing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: So I got, I got, I got the d O C. Dallas's own you know, you know, so I'm in man, How long is say?
Speaker 4: It? Like?
Speaker 1: An hours? About an hour?
Speaker 22: That's all I need you do a question to ask. Yeah, yeah, that's a long time, you know, as you know for being on the show. And if y'all ever watched story Time with legendary Jerry, I don't do that messy shit, bro, you know what I mean. But you know, I like to bring out the real history and the things that people don't really know about. It happened behind the scenes. You know, cats that like the og Clay's and the Shakir Stewards and and don't take days.
Speaker 1: You know, folks.
Speaker 22: It's folks like us that was behind the scenes that made shit happen. But we don't get Adjustice. But that was my whole reason I'm starting a podcast. You know, bare Low Courney seals like people like us that's been making shit happen.
Speaker 1: We don't get.
Speaker 22: We don't Jane, you know, it's been behind the scenes making shit happen. Because everybody know, if y'all don't know, Jade has been pushing buns into a for years.
Speaker 2: Yet some cigarettes in the bathroom, my magic, Sydney.
Speaker 22: I'm sure you did probably be a little bit else though I ain't gonna say that on camera. Though she probably did a little look at look at that bank represent Backwoods to the Fullers to the max, and you know what, you know, since this is the Backwoods stage, you know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I might smoke me one to day.
Speaker 22: Oh psych like like we're saying I might smoke me one because it's Backwoods.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, this Bashwood, you know, Big Facts is the perfect platform.
Speaker 4: Would like to give flowers, but we also like for people to pop they shit, So for something, maybe the young ones out there, people who are not familiar with everything that you do and everything that you've done, give us a little rescume, a little LinkedIn real quick yere.
Speaker 22: You know, screaming it's really you know, And I popped my ship and I talked to shit. Ah, y'all know that. But a lot of time it's really hard for me to talk about myself. But I'll just say this. I've been in the music ISSH for thirty years. Uh, starting off in Turning. I had actually two internships in turn for Relativity Ruthless. So I started off, you know, Relativity side, we had all the common beating nuts. Then on the Roofless side we had bone thugs easy. So I came in the game on that and then DJ Toomp and Brother Marquis and two Live Crew had a label.
Speaker 1: So that's how bad I wanted to be in this ship bank.
Speaker 22: I in Turned for two labels, and then I just I got in trench If then from there, you know, just to answer your question, I just started working with some of the biggest artists in the game, not just from Atlanta, but just in the game period, from Bone Thugs to most Depth tal you know, to Cheesy to Tell, to Usher, Sierra, you name. I just had my hands on a lot of things over the year, kill a Mike out passed.
Speaker 1: So do you think in Turn is like just putting your face on the scene.
Speaker 22: Yes, It's different now though, because now these young motherfuckers they want to get paid for everything. Back when I came in, I just wanted to get some experience and I wanted to learn the game and get in so that way I could eventually get paid. And I did quickly. Yea like scream Jab in the first here, I started getting paid because I wanted it.
Speaker 1: I was so hungry and I was grinding, you know.
Speaker 22: So so that's how I came in the game, and I've transitioned into podcasting, consulting, artists console label.
Speaker 1: So I'm it's good to still be relevant after thirty years. That's the queen, huh, I said, shout out to Civiy, that's the queen. Yeah.
Speaker 22: So even though I'm only thirty five, j for me to be in his industry thirty years, don't say, they don't say nothing.
Speaker 9: You were a great baby.
Speaker 1: A great baby? Is that what I am? A great baby? That was all that I could get to come out. That's it, all right? Look that.
Speaker 9: Day I take that.
Speaker 10: Who you're like, if you if you can interview one person like who will talk? Interview like yo, what they call it wish interview on your wish list?
Speaker 22: Who It's hard for me to narrve the one, but it's it's really three people that I really really really want to interview.
Speaker 17: L A.
Speaker 22: Reid is one, and y'all know without explaining, but he's so important to what why Atlanta is where it is as far as musically culturally. I want to interview stan A bird Man. That's that's another interview that I would I would love to have and I would like to have.
Speaker 1: Believe that Russell Simmons a good one about but that was a pretty good one though, yeah.
Speaker 22: But since my my show is putting the South giving them their flowers, Tony Draper is definitely one person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I worked for the LAFE.
Speaker 22: I worked for swave House, So I saw what Draper and what the label did with Ball and g with Tila, with Missed Mike with all and so I saw it, and I, you know, with being in the South and and being based in the South and working those records, Tony Draper Actually, you know, I would love to have Russell Simmons, but I'm a back up and say Tony Draper over Russell, but stunning man l A. Reedy's cast that really had their hands in the way things in the South moved. I would love to have him. When I had one of my dream interviews already, I had this dude Bank on the show.
Speaker 1: You that big look. It start with to go capping at Yeah, you're too hard to put a head on. Well, it's so hot on this motherfucker boy. It's texta eat different. Who who you want to say that with? Screams? I ain't never knowing about it. Scream who you who? You dre three thousand for sure? That's fine.
Speaker 22: You know what I'm saying y'all can get him though, Man, well make it help us. Well, I show yeah, because I worked without cast I worked at the label, so I know Dre's doing club And when I tell y'all, man, a lot of people probably know this already encount him. He's just one of the.
Speaker 1: Most cool, genuine people you have a meet.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 2: No, you know what's crazy. I ran into him at the bakery that I'll be going to a bucket.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 2: He gave me the information, but he just said he doesn't really do a lot of press.
Speaker 7: But when he's getting when he's he's putting something together that he's about to come out with, he said he's he'll definitely, he's definitely with it.
Speaker 1: But he just sounds like that this ship really don't need And then when niggas say that, what.
Speaker 2: He's just like, what interviews?
Speaker 9: Have you seen him?
Speaker 14: Do?
Speaker 1: I know what I'm saying. I saw him do one what.
Speaker 4: He did in the laundry mat when he was talking about him too older rape.
Speaker 1: You don't get mad at you know we've been too though. You know me, but I get it again.
Speaker 22: I mean, I'm not as big as big facts, but I could see him doing big facts like Jane, did you get his number direct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get his dumb and him that night and you knowed in the day ship Dad go.
Speaker 1: Y'all here capping? Assn't tell us she chair, not the group chair, not at all? Said that again? Who you think the go of all time? The grades of all time?
Speaker 22: From eleventh damn from Atlanta? Who I wish you had asked me my my uh Mount rush Wall instead of just one. That's tough man, because it's so many. You know, it's like comparing no, no, no, who you think had the biggest impact this ship ship Like, well, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this. I have never to this day seen the movement a trapa die that gz with that. I've never seen it. Where I would go in clubs, I never forget. One night I was in Visions. I had an artist in town, I don't remember which artists, and I went up to the DJ bool and I said, I got so and so on time, which is usually you know, I got an artist in town, you know, play a single. The DJ looked at me and said, hey man, Mes just gave me five thousand dollars. I'm playing the tropodmic statement til they leave, But that just one in Atlanta. When I went to Miami, it was shipped like that. I went to Detroit, it was shipped like that. When I went to l A. I've never ever seen a movement like BMF and GZ and Trumpade. I've never seen that movement, man, I've never seen it. Now before that and this go date me tell you how old how old I am? When I used to be at Freak Nick, we used to have in the month of April. We used to have a whole month lined up.
Speaker 1: It was Freak Nick. Well, I'm gonna be back up.
Speaker 22: It was Black Beach Weekend in Daytona Beach, first weekend in Papril, Freaknick like the third week in April, and then Savannah Orange Crush at the end of April. One year.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget.
Speaker 22: Every single car at all those things was playing the chronic I'm gonna say it again. Every car was playing the Chronic. The first chronic out. I had never seen nothing like that. Yep, I love that, love that ninety three, ninety four, I think that was it was ninety because I remember being at Black Shoo. I think it was ninety four when that Chronic out but I got Damn. I had never seen nothing like that, I know until when Jez came in that street marketing campaign that they had. I ain't never seen the street marketing campaign.
Speaker 1: Like what what?
Speaker 10: Bmfg, that's the biggest moment until my biggest influence, Like a nigga. You see, every artist wanted to be that nigga. I don't see every the artists and the people didn't want to be Jesus.
Speaker 1: Our caves. There was a lot.
Speaker 24: Listen, I know what they get that because all the time because no, yeah yeah, bro, look that's like argue that all the time.
Speaker 1: Hold on, that's like.
Speaker 22: Comparing Jordan to Kobe to Lebron.
Speaker 10: Yeah no, they taking that from now one of them niggay hour casts.
Speaker 2: What but.
Speaker 1: A nigga different, bro? Oh the Pluto different man.
Speaker 10: That nigga different bro, when it comes to the influence them nigga want to be that different. But you know who else up was too?
Speaker 1: Not whose the nigga? Who else?
Speaker 9: Low Key up?
Speaker 10: Really not low Key had a huge influence buck. Oh, but they influenced by Pluto so they killed it. Well, Doug can tell you, like man, that nig.
Speaker 22: But hey, when Thug came out man and my kids who are grown now.
Speaker 1: They was like, Dad, I was like, who is this?
Speaker 22: I mean, you know, I was still in the nigga but I said, oh this young nigga do young nigga fly. But but back to what you said, Pluto was on a even to this day ship. But Pluto is influenced by the Dungeon. That's true.
Speaker 1: That's why I said.
Speaker 22: That's like comparing Jordan to Kobe to Lebron.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. It's all they always influenced by Doctor Jay and all them. Though.
Speaker 10: Jordan, Yeah, yeah, you're right, But Obe, Kobe, Lebron, Lebron in real life ain't Jordan though?
Speaker 22: Oh well, if my opinion ain't none of them Jordan.
Speaker 1: That wasn't my opinion. Niggas ain't Ain't this boy he different? Bro? I'm telling you no, No, for sure.
Speaker 10: I see how listen, Bro, niggas there's reppers that's big like these nigga big. I can see these nigga be acting intimidated, like Bro, when you see niggas be timid around other niggas like damn, why the niggas?
Speaker 1: Bro? You such as so you're scared to say something that the niggas. Nigga tell another.
Speaker 10: Nigga, Hey tell bro, tell bro, Hey man, what nigga don't even know how to talk to you?
Speaker 17: Bro?
Speaker 1: You different, Bro, Niggas don't even know how to tell you.
Speaker 22: Let me tell you what I really love, like and love about future Musically, the niggas shit so consistent, man, Like, like a lot of artists will put out ten, twelve, fifteen albums and they'll have a few that you be like, Ah, this nigga of future shit, this figga is so consistent.
Speaker 1: Gotta respect it. Gotta respect it. Man. What about R and B?
Speaker 22: I love Oh, you know, I got my favorites. I love Monica, I love in State of course that the guy bands. I mean, I'm like, man, all of them.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 22: I love the music, and I love like Jagged Edge, and niggas is good. Niggas one twelve they solid. Of course, TLC and them, they really started setting the tone. But oh, I felt like R and B. I don't think Atlanta gets as much respected as it should everybody because the hip hop rap game and overshadowed it. But from an R and B standpoint, we were the majority of the.
Speaker 7: R and B production came from producers that are born and raised in Atlanta.
Speaker 22: Yeah, you look at TLC. Dungeon family, Dallas Sauce, A JD. Yes Man, Yeah, Monica, same thing is that, like Atlanta, we just the ship. We just been setting the toll man, yeah quarter for a quarter of a century, and we still ain't letting this ship loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 22: The New York niggas even they don't like that ship.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 22: You know what I know because I remember, look, because the New York ni Because I'm gonna tell you something, man, I had. I had a lot of animosity, you know. I embrace everybody because I love you know. I came up listen to Eric being rock Cam all them. But I remember when I first came to the music game, how that hatred from from New York, specifically on us down south whatever artists. It was getting tired what type of ship they were doing. Of course they won't playing our right now. And the big DJs up there a lot, not all of them, because shout out to my guy who's down deceased, uh uh, the Drama King, Yeah, he fucking he was one of the few New York casts fucked with niggas from down South. But what what what brought me back was when I was talking to Trench one time backstage and Church.
Speaker 1: Was like, we're from Jersey and the nigga hate on love.
Speaker 22: I said, oh okay, he said, New Yorkers, they be on their own ship, but they gotta give us probus now took it. Yeah, we took this ship because, like I said, for a quarter of a century ship Jay, who who's been?
Speaker 1: Who's been? Who's been running with this thing.
Speaker 4: Us?
Speaker 22: And it don't look like it's we were relinquishing this ship because with these jon cats and I see you get your hands with a lot of these young artis, it's like they coming right behind.
Speaker 1: We ain't letting this ship go.
Speaker 22: Scream. It's the Ape Man, and it's the South. The South between Memphis, New Orleans, here in Texas, Dallas, Houston, Miami.
Speaker 2: South is always gonna have something to say, always, always.
Speaker 1: We ain't letting this ship go. Man. What's next for you?
Speaker 22: I want to start back on producing adult films, you said, adult film. I might even put you on one day because that's what you like doing. Behind you, but you're doing for free, doog. I might give you a couple of ev I might I might give you a couple of E B T cards. I know, I said, I said, I'm about to put you in the game and pay.
Speaker 2: You though, Oh you're gonna pay me after you put me in the game.
Speaker 22: Come on, man, you know how this shake up. We just talked about interning. You got intern you know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, you amateur.
Speaker 22: But seriously, I'm just trying to really take this podcast to the next level and monetize it, you know, not to be funny, I ain't capping, but I want to. I want to build it up like big Facts and really take it to the next level because I watched you all. I watched other lot of some other podcasts that I really like and I enjoy, but I watched you all. You all writ in the a down South Folk, So I want to take it and follow y'all blueprint man, and just really really monetize.
Speaker 1: And it's starting to take off. Man, I can't say finally.
Speaker 10: Fast though, that's fas. Finally, that's fas, that's fast. Yeah, it happened in a few months. And when YouTube told me that they had they rarely seen certain things grow like that. Because I started first, I ain't had no subscribers just a few months ago. Man, I ain't got no crazy number now. But number their numbers, huh, numbers is numbers. They growing, They numbers bro exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 22: But I definitely want to get to the point where Big Facts is at, man, because I love you watching and listening to all show.
Speaker 1: Y'all got a good way. Y'all build off each other.
Speaker 22: The ship is really dope, man, y'all energy man is good. Sometimes we want to tell Jay I love it, but I wanted to tell her to shut the fuck up. We all do say it again, okay, but we love it all. J FaceTime the other night cussing me out. I say a noning like J calling.
Speaker 2: This nigga was laying in the bed on his stomach.
Speaker 22: Come on, J come on, Jay, don't do me like that. Man with my stomach with my feet crossing the edd. Yeah damn, that's let's go over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 22: So, hey, man, I appreciate y'all. I'm sweating like Hey, the tues s green. We out here sweating like we're in a son of.
Speaker 4: Hey backwoods backstage man shot shot Jerry Clark pulling up the Big Facts Live Together.
Speaker 1: Land out of here.
Speaker 17: Hearn that fan, no captain bit backwoods backstage that together.
Speaker 4: Let you know what it is is Big Fact Live, Big Baby Baby j DJ screen. Two special guests pulled up on us. Introduced yourself to the world.
Speaker 1: Fellas.
Speaker 14: What to do, man, it's the big Homie DJ pop world call DJs, tops of boys from Timpanee and let's go.
Speaker 1: They don't let that nigga be humble. This be DJ right here.
Speaker 25: This nigga don't broke so many goddamn breakers at Dallas fort work with Yellow Beasy some more.
Speaker 1: You don't let this nigga be hard. Somebody give you fly itself. He ain't even say this is my partner. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 26: I'm a nigga man at the Giant from Portugal, at least I like to think I am.
Speaker 1: Do you feel me? I bring a nigga.
Speaker 25: When I bring a nigga along side of me, he gotta be a certain type of nigga number one. Farther as his character goes, because I'm that type of nigga number two. You know, like what the nigga catalog look like this nigga. Look, that's another nigga right there? Can more ABC that nigga was just on ending the other day another record that.
Speaker 14: Be a superstarna, be a superstar, like like there ain't no doubt about.
Speaker 1: It already there he got it. Yeah, that's so that. Back to me, Holly Woods, the playmaker. I'm a mixer, court DJ.
Speaker 9: I'm a dad.
Speaker 25: My son got damn syndrome. On damn syndrome dad too. Okay, I'm your assistant program director that night of seven nine to b Uh. I'm a community activist most of all of my life.
Speaker 1: Just be a really nigga. Every day of a chance I get, I seem to be a ribm nigga.
Speaker 25: Got to try to take it. Ye what it is, bro, I'm a feeling. I got my record spunk. He was talking about that, and I guess that's my message all the time. Man, is like I operated on second chances, bro, Yeah, I operate.
Speaker 1: On a second chance.
Speaker 25: Another frum fact about Hollywood's age. I got teeth on my drug driver. He took me six months underwalk a give it. Uh, that's what I want doing radio. But before that, I was just trapping. I thought in my mind, I said, man if I died tomorrow, like I really want to leave a legacy behind, bro, And it's like, you know, you got the calpus, you got that, you got the alphois, you got the but you ain't ain't no.
Speaker 1: Fraternity for real niggas.
Speaker 17: It ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel me.
Speaker 25: So it's like I just wanted to kind of like put my best food forward and just try to organize people with character to do good things in the community, stand up on on on on business. You know what I'm saying, And that's what it's all about. And that's why, for real, why I'm giving everybody their flowers. I love your niggas, man, your niggas staying on business and it's not filtered. That's one thing I hate. If you decide to do toxic more radio on ninety sending nine and big, the big thing we want.
Speaker 26: To do is men want to throw corny ass traditional radio.
Speaker 25: Right, So like when we watch y'all too, bro, as as our fears, as our brothers, as our sisters. Brother, Like, we're proud of y'all. When I seen y'all, when I saw stream I've been knowing Streams since I was doing it. Literally, goddamn Pirate Radio in Boston, my nigga and the nigga streame fuck with me.
Speaker 26: So when I saw him, I said, man, we gotta come pull up on the nigga.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm saying, what what you you dripping blood? Man?
Speaker 9: You everything.
Speaker 14: When it's when it's the air, because I was trying to say that for my soul. Yeah, you know, look we say this, but no check it out.
Speaker 1: We're setting up on the main stage. I chipped over the man. This just happened. That still was about to get on stage.
Speaker 25: Hey, they say you this game. You gotta have god damn blood, sweating tears to making this game. You got all in the same day, blood and one day you got you got.
Speaker 1: Working. It's so yeah.
Speaker 4: So listen, we're backstage the backwoods man. What's your favorite burying a flavor of backwoods?
Speaker 1: Russian? Free Russian, definitely, rushing, rushing, piece of dog.
Speaker 2: Notn't like blueberry.
Speaker 1: It's always girls.
Speaker 25: I don't like that flavor. You don't like the flavoring stuff. It kind of outside, like the rush of cream. That's like man gas you boy, that stuff with the flavors like the game.
Speaker 1: I just like to playing with it.
Speaker 12: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like to take the games. That's like beg when niggas are smoking grape Swisses and ship like, no we're not. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's the same this niggas. Yeah yeah, smoking hooker from hook Yeah, but we smoke that gas. You don't want on your games. But I take a honey Bird and when you know what I'm saying, and the worst I go on honey Bird. But other than that, I like the original Backwoods for shops. Yeah, you can't get out like here anna figure like I need to use it a game. Yeah, yeah, I got you. I got you. So what I'm saying, I know the answer to this. But as it gets hotter than this, this is this is the beginning part.
Speaker 6: This is me.
Speaker 25: Like by boy men to line almot something birl talking about you just sitting around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are now exactly This ain't even this ain't ship. This is nothing. I'm gonna riching you last and brought its word to you.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: This is nothing from August. Bro. This is cool right now?
Speaker 9: Where is July?
Speaker 1: These be around with an attitude your man for no reason? Oh God, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: This ship right here is unbelievable.
Speaker 14: You need to walk around with the water back, got to stay are traded, my man stayd.
Speaker 7: Traded me one of them, one of them had they got the build in sprintsers on this.
Speaker 1: Ship like you said, oh yeah, they said them Johnson fling.
Speaker 10: You say so when it when it gets so? Do they ever put like warnings up like on the news, like don't go outside today?
Speaker 1: Did you get on your and here we get it. When you take the weather they put on the weather. When you take the weather on your pall he.
Speaker 14: Exactly, Yeah, you get a heat devosiles they tell they tell you you ain't gonna be able to breathe today. If you're gonna be outside, you ain't gonna be able to breath. Yeah, in the in the air quality the trailer. Stay in the house.
Speaker 1: If you don't have to go outside, don't go outside. Right into the car, getting the car turned an if you got automatic start, push that buddon.
Speaker 9: Because wall.
Speaker 1: All right, don't have no little seats, Yes, your ass boy to day. But the real question is when y'all come on our show. Oh god, yeah, got y'all y'all be traveling to come into the leant So look I'm doing this dope ship.
Speaker 26: The athletes foot right now, I'm sure, Mike.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Basically basically what athlete and the mic is because we partnered up with the athlete for the shoe store out her and whoever got the winn the venus and whoever got the hottest record get the perform a birthday.
Speaker 1: Bands like them to be all yeah, but uh it's don't so yeah. We talk to a lot of for sure you really liked who ready to do it?
Speaker 12: Y'all?
Speaker 26: Get that what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: What I'm saying, I just don't know the nixt time, I over being dolls man, Wenna the so.
Speaker 25: Come back this summer, Brother, they just start shutting down the strict clubs at two am. Now, Bro, this ship changed Dallas. Bro, It's changed Dallas. Like in what way Dallas culture is stripped?
Speaker 1: Cup culture?
Speaker 26: This Whet Break Records at this whe Crown in the street and R yeah, like you.
Speaker 25: I had a bitch walk up to me and say, hey, say saying don't play with it, don't play with it, don't pay with it. This when the lower Brook Records, I didn't know about it, and I said, what is he talking about?
Speaker 26: And no, that you're proposed to be a record break, you start firing me up.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm looking through the city. You know what I'm saying, this summer heat, bro. But that's the thing. This is to put you to beat all the time, and all the Dallas. You have an artist.
Speaker 25: You have an artist here that will hire strippers, just that when they go to the DJ, hey play this song when I dance, Like that's also out here.
Speaker 9: They do that in Atlanta.
Speaker 14: To Atlanta, that's what I speaking like, speaking of stripplers or something I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, all right, check this out. It's still a pandemic.
Speaker 7: Time.
Speaker 1: Me and b King we go to Atlanta to thenk up with Screaming Lub. Were in the YO and we have a debate.
Speaker 6: What's the debate?
Speaker 14: Who got the better scriptleers? Is it Dallas, Houston or Level. We have the debate for about an hour.
Speaker 1: Scream Sai, You're gonna bring that ship up.
Speaker 7: But yeah, no, Like, because I've been to all the strip clubs and in that Houston and Atlanta, I think okay, And I'm I'm just gonna start off with saying I'm totally.
Speaker 6: Not biased because I'm from Atlanta and.
Speaker 7: That's where like I spend most of my time in most of the strip clubs, but I feel like me personally Atlanta, Atlanta has a lot more to offer, a more well rounded experience, and in terms of the girls, each city has something different to offer.
Speaker 2: Like Atlanta, you're gonna get a.
Speaker 7: More diverse experience because we got white bitch ladies, girls, we gots, we got Chinese people, we got we got Africans, we got Indians, we got all kind of stuff whatever, whatever. But it's like, you know, and I know they have different women all over the place, but as far as in Atlanta you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're gonna get people.
Speaker 6: From all over everywhere.
Speaker 7: Houston also, you know what I'm saying, because it's a lot of people that fly to Houston because niggas in Houston got money. So of course you know what I'm saying, Nick Dallas, niggas get money too. It's just like, I don't think I don't think Atlanta. I don't think there's any comparison to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Just being real, like Indians and.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like you you can walk in the.
Speaker 7: Strip club and you can see any kind of nationality you want, and they bad and they know how to talk and they not like idiots, you know what I'm saying, Like it's a.
Speaker 2: It's a well rounded experience there. We have idiots, we have some idiots.
Speaker 1: Like our our girls are.
Speaker 2: Top tier. Very just being honest, very very what's your things frame.
Speaker 4: But loved to Houston, Dallas, Miami, Vague everywhere with strip gloves. There's nothing more legendary than Magic City. It's a magic city.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna like you city.
Speaker 7: You got blue Flame, you got ONYX, just fucking quotes down and opened back up r.
Speaker 14: P finallys That was one of the response every time I touched the recipes. Don't beat me and don't be with One of my first times in that level, man, we just had a ball and dollars, you know what I'm saying, and shouted struggles. So I had a time that spoke Yeah he's.
Speaker 1: Bench of City. My first time in Manchie City. I made your fame my first time.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: He had just recorded busting Drugs. He had on the flash ride and he wants to here wo saded like in the club. So after after DJ played, I went to him like hey man, he was like, yeah, you gave me the flasks it told me take that back to Delas with me man, so I got from city to sofa.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I met a nigga.
Speaker 25: I ain't stopped sucking over that Magic City since then. I remember coming out of Magic City like two thousand and nine out of a pause, right, and with the nigga Jamesey fake Yeah, he says, happened to be coming out of Magic City.
Speaker 26: I met so many niggas. It's kind of coming out of Magic City though.
Speaker 1: So I gotta agree with you on that.
Speaker 9: It's been like like.
Speaker 7: When you speak about Magic City, you can't really talk about Atlanta without talking about Magic City. Like it's been so many legendary people coming through there, in so many legendary moments that have taken place in there, until it's like it's almost ingrained. They're almost ingrained with each other. Atlanta in Magic City like real, just being real.
Speaker 1: I was just walking in and then you look up and it's got like kind of like the yeah, and.
Speaker 14: It was like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like Magic really has real acrobatic like sert this all l type shite.
Speaker 25: I will say this in defensive Dallas respectfully. Yes, you know, I'm originally from Boston. When I came to Dallas, I went to the ship club called Acstasy. I ain't never gonna home after that. I've been there, I swear to God, I never I never went home after that.
Speaker 9: I was like the wife and all the kids fuck her.
Speaker 1: I tried to get her to come down and she didn't come down.
Speaker 26: And not to answer your question, we are not together anymore, but.
Speaker 1: City Boys up one.
Speaker 26: But but for me, it was just kind of like seeing the experience of what Dallas was.
Speaker 15: And from a radio aspect, I'm a radio nigga, I'm APD so like from a radio aspect, I came to Atlanta and I was like I could do something, But when I came to Dallas, it was like, hey.
Speaker 1: Yo, yo, I could do some ship here yo. And we and we did. That's the same.
Speaker 26: That's one of my sales bandage from the radio stations cause shout shout out.
Speaker 1: To the Holy Car Building and we did and we did.
Speaker 26: But for me, it was just like, man, like this Dallas shit is something else.
Speaker 25: And one thing I noticed a lot of people from when they come from outside of Texas, it's always Houston, Houston, Houston.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna educate on a little big Houston.
Speaker 25: Artists come to Dallas to get their record broke mostly because what we ranking now, we just graduated from number five to number four too, So then there's that, you know what I'm saying. So it's really not an artist that when you want to break into the top five markets, you gotta come through Dallas. Now, Atlanta has a melting pot of culture.
Speaker 26: So because of that, y'all get kind of like bumped up the list a little bit. What like, we get this shit like all the time. Bro, I donna have had Cardi B money bag yo.
Speaker 25: Shit like the way I put local artists the same chail for local artists, I dodn't had Cardi B sit on that fitch money bag yo, I didnet have, Sweetie, you could go confirm like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So Dallas is something special.
Speaker 25: Now, I would never disuspected Atlanta by trying to compare one.
Speaker 1: To the other.
Speaker 25: I feel like it's apples of orange, you know what I mean? Each and every one of them is special for they own special refs. But Dallas to me is most special. That's just my that's just my personal opinion.
Speaker 26: And he's Dallas has been Dallas. What they say, the game's been good to me, double pency.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Dallas been good. You know what I'm saying. So like, for me, I love it here, man, I love the people.
Speaker 26: I love the culture.
Speaker 1: I love what we represent, like just in general, you know.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying.
Speaker 26: And for us, that's what the Toxic Boys like.
Speaker 25: We're trying to gravitate from a radio show into a podcast. Now you don't understand it because we don't want to have our name and shit, we want to have our name on ship.
Speaker 1: You feel me?
Speaker 26: So really we lean to people like y'all and well, y'all don't even know it.
Speaker 1: Y'all are educating us and people like us.
Speaker 25: You know what I'm saying when y'all stepped out and say, hey, we're gonna get it out the mud, we're gonna put one for the front of the other and make this ship shay the same way. When we do it, we have to understand we're inspiring people. Bro were changing people's lives by the words we say. So for us, like when we say as much as we joke, we high side. We scored on Diddy forty four times yesterday we did he did, But we also said and This is a very important part and Diddy, if you watch it, you bet I want to say this. We want to thank you for your life because we all got darkness. So all we can do is say thank you for your life, thank you for your contributions, and pray for your darkness.
Speaker 1: Right you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 25: We all undid shit that we're not proud of everyone simple one of us sitting right here, right now and did shit that.
Speaker 1: We went home and looked in the mirror and said, what the fuck was I thinking? Yo? I was tripping?
Speaker 26: How I let them give me off of my ship like that? So we all been there, and I think it's so easy to judge and point the fingers.
Speaker 25: And as hip hop, we not like take rock for example, they celebrate their legends, bigga, we.
Speaker 1: Eat our legends.
Speaker 25: So my thing is like, I just want to get to a space and hip hop broke, But we celebrate our legends.
Speaker 1: Why don't do that?
Speaker 26: We literally take these niggas out back and shoot the nigga dead and move on to the next one.
Speaker 1: And for me, it's like we control that coaching. We can throw that narrative.
Speaker 25: So what we do as a community, that's what makes the difference. And I ain't trying to get people on niggas.
Speaker 1: That's just really what I believe.
Speaker 25: You know what I'm saying like I'm a my nigga, I'm a I'm A two times feeling like I was telling you.
Speaker 26: I got my record expunge. That's how I ended up working at the radio station.
Speaker 25: If everybody knows, you don't work at a radio station with a criminal background.
Speaker 1: That's not a thing.
Speaker 25: I went and got my record expunge. I did everything that I had to do, a put one ft in front of the other. Again, I've been locked up. This nigga be in the prison before. Were not regular niggas. We the real deal, bro, And the last thing that we're gonna do is come here and bump fake niggas. You know what I'm saying, Come over here, Captain. We're gonna tell you what it is because that's what we hope everybody else do.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's that toxic boy energy. What man, can I tap in with y'all on that social media though? Uh, that's a collective its tons of boy radio toxic. The ks mine is I am d J Popper Rod and this is at hollywoods A C A wy. Hey, if you got a rack, it no matter. I don't. I don't give a ship.
Speaker 25: You got that ship playing in the club, or it's the favorite shit you played in your bathroom last week.
Speaker 1: If that shit slack, we're gonna run it back.
Speaker 26: If you gout here in the street, we're gonna put it on repeat.
Speaker 1: That's it, slip. Let's get toxic.
Speaker 18: SI.
Speaker 1: You know big bags fu A. Youre talking about backwoods, backstage, Big Facts Live, Nick Brain.
Speaker 3: Visit the new website today, big faxpod dot com.