Speaker 1: Coming up at about four minutes after the hour. It's my strawberry letter for today, and the subject is what is up with my spoiled man? What's up with my spoiled old man? Okay, we'll get into that, find out what that's all about.
Speaker 2: He's spoiled.
Speaker 1: Huh, we'll see. We'll get into that in just a few because right now it is time for the nephew and today's prank phone call. Nephew, what you got for us?
Speaker 2: Let's take a let's take a you know, a little ride down memory lane of what life used to be. This right here is corporal punishment. Corporal punishment. Y'all don't remember them days? Huh, y'all remember that? No? I remember when it was, Yeah, when it was y'all don't remember going to the office and it was the real deal. Y'all don't remember that. It was at the house. I got it at the house. I got it. I got it at school, I got it. It happened. Here we go, corporate punishment. Let's go catch up. Hello, Hello, Hi, I'm I'm trying to reach it.
Speaker 3: Mister Cotton, mis mss Cotton.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you turn your radio or TV down? I can't really hear you.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, sir, my.
Speaker 2: Name is mister Lanson. I'm actually the new principal here at middle school.
Speaker 3: And what's the name again.
Speaker 2: Mister Lanson?
Speaker 3: Mister Lanson.
Speaker 2: Okay, your your son, he attends middle school here? Am I correct?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, good listen. I'm the new principal here. We've just replaced the last principal, and I'm actually calling around. What I've done is when I before I got here, I asked for a list of students that were you know, I'm not going to say problem kids, but you know that kind of get themselves in a little trouble here and there. And your son's name happens to be on the list.
Speaker 3: Name is on that list.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got about I got about thirty five kids that are actually on this list, and your son is actually on the list. And you are, mister Cotton.
Speaker 3: Correct I am mister Cotton. I mean, are you sure you speak about my son?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean there's only there's only one on the list, sir. I'm it's it's it's what's been given to me. And what what I'm doing is calling around to all of the parents of the kids that are on this list and letting you guys know that I'm going to be keeping a closed eye on them, as well as letting you know that I'm going to be reinstating corporal punishment here in the school.
Speaker 3: So so what's that.
Speaker 2: That's actually where if your son gets sent to the office, which is my office, then there will be paddling going on and opposed to I don't believe in I don't believe in I don't believe in suspension. I believe in, you know, if we spank these kids, we can get them back in order. So, sir, here's my thing. I really truly believe that we get back to to you know, and I don't mean what I'm about to say to be harsh, but if we get back to beaten, we'll get these kids back in order.
Speaker 3: I mean, but I know he had trouble in English, but I don't think that calls for beaten.
Speaker 2: No, no, this has nothing to do with great sir. This has to do with punishment. And what I'm understanding is if your son is on my list, and if your son comes down to my office, I'm gonna take care of it right then and there.
Speaker 3: What if my son come to your offer, You're gonna be on my damn list, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get these kids back in order. That's the reason why I've been brought in and I've replaced the last principle you understand. So what I need from you is to get to get a great understanding that if your child comes to my office, corporal punishment will be what he's going to deal with.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll tell you what. Let my son come home and tell me he got some damn corporal punishment, and the next morning me and you're gonna do some corporal punishment.
Speaker 2: Sir. Do you want your child in order or do you want to be bailing his butt out of jail at the age of eighteen.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be bailing me out of jail if you put your damn hands on my son.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you taking care of your son? Punishment wise? At home?
Speaker 3: You need to my son don't get no damn trouble.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the problem, parents not believing that their children get it any trouble. That's the first quest.
Speaker 3: Well, I got email, I got a phone call. So the first phone call I get is going straight whipping. It ain't no letter sent home. Ain't no email sit home saying that it's a problem.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't, I don't, sir. I'll you know. I'm gonna come down here. I'm gonna tell you once again, I am not going to send your son to detention. I'm not gonna call you. I'm gonna take care of my job.
Speaker 3: My job is to make it I'm gonna take care of mine when you take care of your, I'm gonna take care of mine. And that protect my son and you put your hands on him, and we got a problem.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a problem because nine time. I'm telling you, right now, I'm calling you and giving you the warning. Your son will be dealt with, and you're gonna be dealt with, will be dealt with on a regular basis if need be.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get dealt with on a regular But you're gonna get tired of seeing me.
Speaker 2: Okay, sir, Do I need to actually have corporal punishment with you?
Speaker 3: I tell you what, when you do, when you bring that corporal punishment to me, you better have the police there because they gonna need corporal punishment. They gonna need whatever hell they're gonna need to track team when I get down and you put your hands on my son. I know that all them You know what.
Speaker 2: Sir, Maybe maybe maybe the slipper needs to start with you.
Speaker 3: It has matter of fact, what time do you go to lunch? If we can do this in front of the cafeteria and let all the kids see the damn principal get his damn corporal punishment, Sir, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't fear you, kirsonally to feel of me because I want you to stand there and take your whipping like a man. I don't want to chase you're wearing on like no little grammar school, Sir, Sir, sir.
Speaker 2: The bottom line is corporal punishment is being instated. Your son is gonna abide by it. You're gonna have to accept it. Or maybe maybe you need.
Speaker 3: To tell you what you say. You got thirty five names on your list, it better be thirty four. Can got name but not be on no corporal punishment list. I know that, sir, sir.
Speaker 2: Listen, he's not on a corporal punishment list. He's on a list of kid of kids that act up from time to time.
Speaker 3: My damn son don't act up. My son is a model student. He got a little trouble with English, you know, because his mama a little slow. But that's my I did that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what, Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to the child right now, and.
Speaker 3: You're talking to a grown man. And if you put your hands on my son, you're gonna see that I'm a grown man. When I come down, man, I only gonna put my hands on my damn son.
Speaker 2: Then I guess it's gonna be a lot of kicking circle.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be some kicken and you line them up, sistant principal, Principal, I kick the cabeculator. So I come down, man, if she got something to say.
Speaker 2: You're gonna watch your tone. You understand me, and you're gonna you're gonna take what I'm telling you. I'm grown man, I don't care what you're saying. Everybody's gonna bide. I put chains on the door.
Speaker 3: I make sure Joe Klopp putting chains on your name with lancem you Joe Klopp, I.
Speaker 2: Mister Lanson, and these kids are gonna abide by what I want, and so are the parents, And damn it, you mister Cotton, you're gonna have to toughen up and let me do my damn job.
Speaker 3: I tell you what. Then, you're gonna do what you got to do today. But when I get down there, you better have the police.
Speaker 2: When I get that, I tell you who else I'm gonna have here.
Speaker 3: If you tell me who you gonna hand down there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show, because that's who I am. Your co workers still, But you've got me to pray phone call you what.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you what. I'm gonna break. Get laid on the down at the jump kids. Man, I'm looking for my damn kids talking.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I got one more thing to ask you, mister.
Speaker 3: What's that man?
Speaker 2: What's the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 3: Man? They see morning show? I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, Come on, baby, stupid up in here this morning? What? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? What? What? What?
Speaker 1: Stupid?
Speaker 2: Be stupid? Tend what you better add somebody? I'm gonna be stupid And tickets are selling fast. I'm very excited Philadelphia, which is where I am right now, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight at the Helium Comedy Club. Helium Comedy Club. The Nephew is in town and gonna be at the Helium. Come get your laugh on. I'll be here, well, i'll be here till August, but come get your laugh on. Twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight. Tickets are selling I pretty pretty fast, and I'm excited. Philly, y'all coming to see your boys. So it sound like Philly to me. Laying in the cut up. Oh, Buffalo, New York. Labor Day weekend. It is happening. Yes, it is on the thirty first of August, which is what that is Labor Day weekend. Smack dab in the middle of Labor Day weekend. The Nephew is in town. It is the Nephew Time's house, part of Comedy Jam at the Shade Performing Art Sentence. Yes, Buffalo, New York, the Nephew is coming. Get ready to get ready to get ready. Stupid is on the way, me and my friends, and we're gonna be ignorant all night long. That is the thirty first. That's Labor Day weekend at the Shape Performing Art Senten. Take it your hotel right now?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Coming up in just a few. It's the Strawberry Letter for today. The subject is what's up with my spoiled old man. We will get into that with me, the nephew, and junior right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening Hard Morning Show