Speaker 1: Now you're made events.
Speaker 2: Introducing the hosts are Wrestling Within for Ready, Jeff Died, hand of Fready, Prince Tune. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Thursday's bonus edition of Wrestling with Friends with Me, your host Freddy and my awesome co host mister Jeff Die. How are you, sir? Happy Thursday, Happy bonus content day.
Speaker 3: To you feeling good?
Speaker 4: You know, you feel like you have to do these bonus contents when there's this much wrestling. They're adding shows, we're adding belts. There's a lot of a lot of wrestling to cover. We're gonna have to start doing this five days a week.
Speaker 1: There's an extra two hours per week.
Speaker 2: That means we need to give you, guys, at least an extra fifteen minutes. There's wrestling six days a week now, so crazy, that's so crazy. We're gonna be an eight day a week podcast. You understand, We're gonna we're gonna outperform everybody getting right into it. Today's episode is all about the debut of ae W Collision and at the end of the show, stay tuned because we're gonna get jeff Dies hot tag of the Wei, a lot of hot tags in aw this week too, and the six Man a lot of hot tags coming in. They gave those guys time to work. But we're going to start with the way the show started, the way everyone wanted the show to start, and the way they gave it to us the way we wanted it. Mister CM punk the Cult of Personality out to the ring, shaved head, The facial hair was longer than the hair on the head. He came out very kind of old school straight edge style, like not original because original he had long hair, but very like Salt Lake City Punk rock, right like that movie SLC came from back in the day. So he comes out with boots over his shoulder or in one hand and something in a red velvet bag in the other. We assume as the a W championship, but it could have been a snake. You never know, the hope and stealing gimmicks. So he comes to the ring and the crowd goes crazy. It's Chicago, it's his hometown. He's never performed in this particular arena though he's done Chicago often, and the crowd loves him, and he's back and he's letting everybody know he is who he is and he's not going to change, and I wanted to love this promo. I think Sampunk is one of the best to ever speak into a microphone, and best being a very short list, like four dudes. But I guess if you didn't see the ESPN interview, then it's a great promo. But if you did see the ESPN interview, he kept asking me to call out the lie and there were at least three of them, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the ESPN interview was out of character and this is in character, but it seemed like he was. He floats the lines, so it's harder to tell, right, But I don't want to just like talk smack or anything like that. It was just weird to me because he says in the interview they asked him about the Young Bucks, and he says, no, I'm not going to use that in any like storyline stuff I haven't been asked to do. I don't think that'd be the right thing to do. I'm paraphrasing here. I don't have the story in front of me. And then one of the first things he did was call out the Young Bucks and call him counterfeit bugs.
Speaker 1: He's the one true, Bill No, and then he says, you know, find the lie.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I mean, if you were in character that I just found the first one. The second one was unapologetic Phil, and he said, I don't apologize to anybody.
Speaker 1: I am who I am.
Speaker 2: In the interview, he says he apologized to Tony Kahan. He was very apologetic. He felt bad for what happened in the scrub, and I believe he also said he would have apologized to the Bucks, but it was still under investigation so they were advised not to talk. So that was And then tell me where the lie is. I'm like, whoa, that's us too, my guy. And then the third thing that was weird to me was when he said, and by the way he structured the promo beautifully, like the promo kicks ass. I'm just answering his question. He challenged us to find the lies. So I'm finding the lies again. If it was out of character, then it was out of character. If the interview itself was out of character. But again, he seems to be a guy that walks the walk and talks the talk. Right, he went to the UFC to actually fight dudes, like, so he walks the walk.
Speaker 1: But the final thing was the business. This business is.
Speaker 2: For adults and it's the professional wrestling business, and I agree one hundred percent. But to go out there and essentially hijack the World Championship storyline away from Adam Cole, who just came back from concussion and is in the middle of a storyline with MJF seemed to me like going into business for yourself and not going along with the storyline, which is specifically what he's so against. So it was a strange promo to me because I had just seen the ESPN interview like two days prior on YouTube TV or something like that. So the promo to me, as as awesome as it was and as kick assid as it was, like, it was a great promo, but having just seen that, and he's like, Yo, where's the line, I'm like, dog, that's a big ass lie right there, Like you just apologized and said you did so. To me, the promo was a little was a little off and not at his best. But again, I guess if you didn't see that, then it's then it's a top shelf sampung promo. Those were my thoughts, What were yours, mister die you're looking at me with a smirk on your face.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because I agree with you. There were lies.
Speaker 4: And also, like I thought it was a trash promo. Maybe I'm just maybe I'm just drunk with the love of mjf's promos, or maybe we've been spoiled with with with good mic workover in aew But I didn't think this was cute. I didn't think I think like he's talking about popularity contests, and if it was about popularity, I'd have.
Speaker 3: Been gone long.
Speaker 4: Bro, you're only in wrestling still because of a popularity contest. The only reason they keep bringing you back to these things is because the fans love you and they just won't stop loving you. You're allowed to eat muffins and talk trash about the back room. You're allowed to fist fight guys. You're allowed to go on Twitter and trash dudes. You're allowed to literally break every rule because you're the most popular. And also tell me where I said to lie, Like that was gonna be some catchphrase, like that was gonna be a shirt that was made or something. Maybe it will be yeah, but it didn't like really work, Like you said, like, there are lies in that. Also all of those things that he says are debatable, no way to know if any of that crap is true, And so he tries to come off as like this confident guy who doesn't care, but he really comes off as a bitter guy who cares a lot. And I just didn't appreciate it. Just didn't come off very likable. Him off so chippy and weird, and like he thought he was so brilliant. He dropped the mic like he really let the place have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't worthy of a mic drive. It was a good promo, but it definitely that I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like almost like he doesn't know who he is.
Speaker 2: And it's okay to care. It's okay to care. People always say that it's all right. It's it's how you respond to people caring. That can be an issue or a blessing and a gift. It's the way you respond to it. My godfather used to say, you were in control of two things, Freddy, your actions and your reactions to the actions of others, and nothing else. Nothing else, those are the only things. We're in control of. What I do and how I react to what you do, and if people lack control in one of those things. It's a tough, lonely, sometimes angry and bitter life man.
Speaker 4: Well, and also it's so easy, and this was going to be controversial. Let's see you do that promo in Tampa, Florida, Punk, Let's see do that promo in Dallas, Texas. You were only over because this is Chicago, and they're gonna like.
Speaker 2: Literally, I don't know, you think that the young Bucks fans would be in the other states and they would they would go against it.
Speaker 4: That's not it's just that this promo works so well because he's in his hometown.
Speaker 3: He could have he could have said like, I.
Speaker 4: Love muffins and I'm sorry to everybody, and they'd be like, we love you, Punky. Like he could just say anything he wants in that town. He even referenced it that he sold out every venue that has a roof in Chicago, and he never would have believed it if you'd have told a young punk that. So it's like, I just think like he was playing into the crowd knowing he could say whatever he wants, and he gave a pretty average to mid level promo. I thought the whole thing was strange. He brings his shoes out to lead us to believe that he might be leaving it all in the ring, you know, but then he then.
Speaker 3: He's a second and the twist of being.
Speaker 4: Like till someone can fill these boots. It's like I can name twenty guys that are filling your boots, just fine, pal.
Speaker 3: So it didn't come on.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point too.
Speaker 3: There's no, it wasn't. He gave me no reason to root for him, if I'm.
Speaker 2: Honest, maybe not as much as selling out, because I will give him credit for that, Like people do want to see him. So those boots are harder to fill. But MJF can fill some damn boots, Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that dude can fill a boot, So I don't. I wouldn't say there's nobody that can. So yeah, the promo was weird to me, man, it just was weird. Maybe if I hadn't seen the other stuff, I would feel different, but I don't. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk some.
Speaker 2: Wrestling though, because there were some cool ass wrestling and some really cool return.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this whole thing.
Speaker 4: By the way, they didn't it feel like they knew this needed to be good, and they played this whole thing.
Speaker 3: Like a pay per view or like a like an event.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really smart.
Speaker 2: Man, I'd loved Let me start by saying this, because we might not have time to do every match. I thought they did a great job the whole show. All the matches are not all my favorites, but I thought they did a great job. It was the return of Miro, who we all know is Russev whatever his real name is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know who you are, buddy.
Speaker 2: I actually met him at a convention one time in Texas and he was like the sweetest, nicest giant grizzly bear in the world. But he wrestled and beat the living hell out of Tony Nice, who used to be in an XT and is the super Jack guy as well, not as Jack's buddy, but still pretty freaking Jack. And he wanted to come out and cancel the show because he felt everybody should work out the way the body Donnad's like to work out back in the day, and Miro wasn't having it, dude. He came out and busted this dude's ass. The crowd loves Miro, and they loved him so much Jeff. When the match was over, he wouldn't get out the ring. He was He celebrated for about half as long as this match last.
Speaker 4: Did you keep did you keep thinking like they're going to handle a microphone, They're gonna Handhlem a microphone, know.
Speaker 2: Something like, Nah, I'm not getting out, and who's gonna get him out? He's freaking three hundred pounds not fat. He'll kill me.
Speaker 3: Every day is rusive day.
Speaker 1: So that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I talked about my match of the week Buddy Matthews versus Andrade Elidolo.
Speaker 1: We loved it. That was on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: But a match that we didn't talk about yet was Wardlow Yes versus Lucasaurus big Man. This match was better than I thought it would be, and the end of it I thought was freaking awesome. Do you want to start on this one? And then this is tricky for me because you like meat miss Yes.
Speaker 4: This is definitely a Jeff Die slash Vince McMahon type style of match. Two giants colliding. And here's the thing, Lucasaurus. I've been a huge fan of Lucha Saurus since he since I've become aware of him because he's huge, and he looks cool, and he's got like a gimmick that you're like, what, you're a dinosaur.
Speaker 3: I don't understand, but it works. For some reason.
Speaker 4: You fear him like a dinosaurs coming to the ring, which is pretty cool. But I have heard that he is a rumpy and mean guy and he works stiff and he hurts a lot of guys. I'm his reputation is terrible, so that makes me can't hurt Wardlow. Well, that's the thing, So I'm I'm always got that in the back of my head, like I don't really want to root for this guy, but I do like the gimmick and I love Wardlow. Shout out to my guy. He's my friend, so obviously I'm rooting for my guy Wardlow. He's the champ too, so like I'm worth that. But they just couldn't help themselves. They're like, listen, if we're gonna have an event, and if we're gonna have a big news show and we're gonna book this, like almost like it's a pay per view, we gotta have a title change. And so I think that that's why they did it. That's what I'm guessing, because Wardlow just difficult point. Just defended the title against Jack Swagger, and it seemed like nobody could touch Wardlow. He's beat Swaggers at yeah, double Power bombs him like, that's Jake Hager now Jack Swagger.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Jake Haeger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his real name is Jake hag He was a legit NC Double A Heavyweight champions.
Speaker 3: I'm stuck.
Speaker 4: Once they have their first name, I just going and not even their first name, just the first name I remember, you know, I'm still calling Dean Ambrose.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was a little disappointed with the titles, which even though I really liked the match. I thought Christian was hilarious in there.
Speaker 1: That was so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so perfect.
Speaker 2: He just jumps up on his shoulders and he's holding the chip and he's shaking it like yeah.
Speaker 4: The whole match was very, very fun, very cool. A lot of big moves which I really appreciated, like feats of strength. I like both these guys too. I'm just pissed off that Wardlow lost and I'm hoping what they're going to do. And I don't know enough about booking. This is more of your thing and like how storytelling goes. But I'm hoping that maybe because it's the T and T like the television thing, that maybe like it could be as soon as next week this belt changes hands and maybe even comes back.
Speaker 2: The titles changed hands more than any title inn aew so good, I think. Yeah, And they got Scorpio Sky coming back too, so he could get in the mix with Lucasaurus if they want to do something different with Wardlow. But yeah, dude, I look, I'm not a fan of these kind of matches, but I like both these guys a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Like Lucasaurus is six five six six, but he looks a little bit bigger than that, and I've never seen like a gigantic luchador.
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: So that's why I've always got of like, oh right, this guy's cool. I love the cage match with him in Jungle Boy Jack Perry back in the day, So yeah, I enjoyed the match, But it's all about Christian for me.
Speaker 1: Man Jay Rezo, it was funny. He's awesome on the mic. I love when he talks shit.
Speaker 2: I love when he's a smart Alec babyface more than when he's an asshole heel, but he's a great asshole heel and that move at the end was so edging Christian like on the shoulders even though you didn't do shit and just celebrating like.
Speaker 3: Well he did interfere.
Speaker 2: He got him with the camera and the linz snapped off and rolled across the ring.
Speaker 4: It looked great, very Austin powers, you know who hit someone with a camera.
Speaker 2: And the last match I think we'll have time to talk about, mister Dye was the main event, CM Punk and FTR. That's DA's Hardwood and Cash Wheeler. You versus Samoa Joe who looked damn good and the Bullet Club Gold Jay White and Juice Robinson, who I fell in love with during this match, man like, there's something about this guy and I haven't I hadn't seen it yet, and I've watched a couple of his matches. I saw the Jericho one and and but his heel work is different than his baby face work. I guess, I guess that's obvious. I'm not trying to say that like I'm some analysts. Clearly it's different. But he sold when he was getting hit. When he was hitting you, he was talking trash loud it. He's got some pipes on him because you can hear him through the whole arena even when they're screaming. This guy was freaking awesome in the match, and the whole time, I'm knowing he's the one that's taking the pit like they're not. They got it. They have to protect Jay White. He can't take losses right now. That's why he beat Ricky Starks. Samojo ain't taking the fall in a triple threat match. Hell to the no, so just going in, I'm like, Jews, Robinson's taking the fall, but still, dude, the whole time, I'm like, let's go just Robinson. He was killing it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I really like this guy. Were your initial thoughts on the match, because I thought it was a fun match. They gave him three and a half hours to wrestle.
Speaker 3: I thought it was perfect.
Speaker 4: There was so many spots in this that were great the whole It was like a perfect ending to the night. It was a huge match. Also, you got to see punk and action, which has been it's been a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, this was This was a fun night for wrestling. The whole time, I'm just smiling. I'm like, cause it doesn't matter what the ratings are, they're going to be so many people that stream it and watch it later, and they'll wait a good three months before they look at any numbers. Over there at Warner Brothers T and T TBS, a good three months they wait before they look at numbers. So whatever number comes in isn't important. But it was just crazy to think about six days a week and sometimes seven with pay per views, that we're going to have professional wrestling. And you may not be a fan of all the brands, so for you it's still one or two nights. But for the hardcore and Jeff and I watch as much.
Speaker 1: As we can. This shit is so cool.
Speaker 2: You never know wwe might add more content when they go to Amazon, and that's where they're gonna freaking go, right, Jeff, I'm pressing the button.
Speaker 1: I'm right, it's that time.
Speaker 2: Is Jeff Ta's hot Tagle of the Week?
Speaker 4: Well, let me just beat the drum I've been beating for the last five million years. The things I like about wrestling that I feel like we're lacking. We have seventy five different wrestling shows per week, and what I think that we need a little bit more of is the thing that made all of our favorite wrestlers so memorable. What do we like about Undertaker? What do we like about Kine? What do we like about Sergeant Slaughter and gold Dust and Doink and Mankind and Papa Shango and the Road Wars? What do we like about the Viking Raiders or Lucasaurus. We love that it's a little ridiculous, bring back the gimmicks. Lucasaurus proves that this is a thing. I was just talking about him on this bonus episode, that you can go out there and be like a little insane and still have your own unique thing. I'm tired of wrestlers just having names. I don't like it's such a you're just a guy with a name. I might as well go watch UFC. What's your thing, dude?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 4: And if we're gonna try and a track kids to watch this stuff. That's the stuff that works. Like Viking Raiders bring shields to the to the ring. They got a girl Voa who's literally they grabbing her head, going like like she's praying to gods or something like she knows something you don't.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 4: I like that the wrestlers go, oh God, I can't go out there, where's my shield? Have you seen my shield? I think I lost my shield. They gotta fly with that thing. They fly with a big stupid shield, because that's a gimmick.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see more of it. I don't want to totally get rid of these guys like an mjf or like Daniel Bryanson, like I like that you keep those guys with the names and stuff. But I'm saying a little bit more gimmick, couldn't hurt. Would love to see more of it.
Speaker 2: It's tiffta's hot tag of yea ladies and gentlemen on behalf of my awesome cost mister Jeff did from Freddie Prinz Junior and this was your bonus content of Wrestling with Friends.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 4: Follow us on Instagram, Wrestling with Freddy Twitter is ww Freddie Pod. Follow us on all the socials so you can submit your questions for the Federation.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.