Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boss, hanging with the faces, betting on a game.
Speaker 4: No moment's gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell us.
Speaker 4: Not be.
Speaker 3: We're here just drinking beer and making baby. I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 5: Bro Little Point, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Bossing Sir with the Boys, Episode three oh one. We want to thank you so much for joining us, and before we truly get into it, I want to talk to you about our good friends at Chevy. There's a reason why we've never done a tear talk of best pickup trucks, and that's because Bust with the Boys there's only one pickup truck, and that is the Chevy Silverado. Why is that? That's because Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverada for all kinds of adventures in other shenanigans. Silver Rado was a partner with us in the Spring tour and they have been now the Fall tour is all locked up. Through the entire Fall tour, they have massive screens. We're talking about eight cameras with fourteen different angles to help driving, toning and parking all easier. We've told we love the bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado HD Trail Boss. There's a reason Chevy is America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years, according to JD. Power, Well Compton, let us know about your ZR two brother.
Speaker 4: Blacked out head to toe R two. Everybody knows what Iri brown.
Speaker 5: The only color you really needed to chuck is black.
Speaker 4: Yes, and she's beautiful.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 4: Wearing that thing.
Speaker 5: Just a couple of days ago, man, I just felt more safe and secure than I ever have of being on the highway. It's a good smooth performs, it performs well, and you could be going literally eighty miles an hour sixty five whatever the speed limit is, and you just feel like, we thought so nice. We fall the rules, all the rules around here, dude do his favorite. Head over to Chevy dot com, build your own Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all the current offers on Silverado Discovery A world of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck. The Chevy Silverado Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all their brands and the JD Power twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four US initial quality Studies. Visit jdpower dot com Forward Slash Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four models. Now a couple of housekeeping things. Every week, we have a team meeting, and in that team meeting, Mitch pulls up the YouTube, pulls up searches this, that and the other thing, and it says, these are the people returning viewers, these people that are subscribed, people that are still not subscribed. I know, listen, I'm gonna talk to you right now. I am a big dumb idiot. Sometimes I'll just watch videos over and over again and I'll think I am subscribed. I am doing something to help out this channel. Just go ahead and give it a check. See if you're subscribed. If you're not subscribed. If you are subscribed, great, grand wonderful, tell a friend. If you're not, just click the button. It's gonna help us out a whole bunch and it doesn't take anything off of your life. Please do us favor. Also, tomorrow, which is now today, November fifth, one pm Central time, we are streaming read their redemption two again, we're doing a three hour stream. We did five hours last week. This we're doing three. I don't know if the Boys in the Back they might also be doing a stream this Friday. Guys doing this Friday. Boys in the Back also doing one this Friday. Look out for Shiram. Apparently the boy's very nasty to him in the chat this past week. It's okay, if anybody can do that, that's you.
Speaker 4: Shream.
Speaker 5: And then finally, one last thing on Housekeeping Wednesdays, the locker room. Now we're gonna brush over a couple of things Thursdays. It is we record on Wednesdays. Excuse me, Thursday, six am Central Time. The locker room is coming out. That is when we get into the details of what happened this past week, what we're gonna think's going to happen in the following week. In the NFL and college football world, we got parlays, we got picks, we got any time touchdown guys, and if you want to, you can shout out what Email info at bustin.
Speaker 4: WTV dot com. Yeah, info at BUSTINWTV dot com if you want a chance to be featured on the show with your little selfie video. Call in parlay. It can be a parlay for college NFL can be a combination of both player props or team bets. Combine them, send in a selfie video of you putting together your favorite parlay. Info at bustinwtv dot com and again the locker room, we preview the weekend. The boy Taylor, he's been on the whiteboard the last couple of weeks. He will have been loving it. We've been seeing the comments. But yeah, come hang with the boys. We talk ball, talk a little ball, We talk a little ball.
Speaker 5: It's it's very nice. I hope you guys come and enjoy. Obviously to Landy Walker's there as well. Let's get into it, boys, what do we want to talk about first at the weekend?
Speaker 4: Is that all the housekeeping stuff we need to talk about?
Speaker 5: Well, what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: I'm just sitting I feel like I'm sitting in this busy surrounded by the enemy. Do you want to tell the people what you're talking about? Yeah? Volog dropped last Thursday on Halloween, of all the boys, all of BUS and TP in my house, TP and the boy Will how did that make you feel TP and A in the in the game of TP and in the game of Mischief Night. I respect it. I'm a fan of Mischief Night.
Speaker 5: Shoutout rocket power.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out rocket power. It was the in between that's got me, that's got me bothered, It's got me rattled.
Speaker 5: The in between being Wednesday was when we did TP. You're talking about Thursday before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I when I because I was in Chicago. I flew to Chicago Wednesday night, woke up Thursday morning the neighbor group chat. Hit the chat saying like, hey, do you guys have any extra toilet paper? We're out right now with a photo of our house being our tree and tree being t PEED. I saw that. So I'm going back and forth, back and forth a little bit in the neighbor group chat. I'm thinking in my head, my neighbors got me like, I'm thinking it's my neighbors like I'm ready to I'm ready to absolutely destroy their yard. JP reaches out. I'm thinking, we'll get the boys together, I'll get all the busing together, and we'll just we will absolutely dominate my neighbors. Because we were shooting the Pro Football Show early so I could get back for Halloween. And it wasn't until on the way to the to the airport in my uber to where I'm realizing, oh shit, maybe it wasn't my neighbors. Because my wife, Charles, She's like, hey, you've been you haven't really said a whole lot about the TV. And I'm like, what do you mean. I mean we kind of know who it is. It's our neighbors, right, And she's like, no, it wasn't them. They just saw it first. And then I'm like, oh shit, yeah, I guess you're right. I guess you're right. I guess all suspects are open here. I'm thinking to myself, obviously I've posted from my house before. It could be a fan that strove by because people have seen me out in the yard playing with the waffle, playing with the fam and shouted out the boy, the boy, and could them. Or it could be my own guys, Yeah, my own guys. I'm thinking enemy number one, parallel one, fair statement. I'm saying that's enemy number one. And from there, I'm thinking, all right, who else on the bus, who else on the squad helped him out? I'm sure he didn't do it solo dolo? So I come in, I land, I landed like one point thirty, come straight to the bus. We had to shoot the Nebraska high video, and I just start pressing everybody, I'm working with JP at first thought I was working with JP at.
Speaker 5: First, which is wild.
Speaker 4: He's using you know, I got got, I got got the end of the day. At the end of the day, I get over the TP part. I don't forget. I don't forget who lied to my face. I don't forget who lied to point all of them, everybody who didn't lie to you me. Yeah, but you were are you? He was like, Yo, I'm ready to go wherever you need me. I'm just like, I'm texting Tailor like I'm just disappointed because I'm thinking my head like it gotta be Taylor. I don't know how yet. There's a lot of lion that went on, and it was, uh, that's the hardest part. That's the hardest part.
Speaker 5: Right just knowing that you're essentially alone right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know that there's nobody. Trust I get my ass absolutely beat by the UCLA Bruins on Saturday, and you're just like, I got nobody right now, I got nothing to root for I'm just a whip dog. I'm a whip dog. I see South Carolina win. I want to say congratulations to JP, but I don't want to say no. I didn't text. He tried texting me about the brass. He's like, hey, you know this and that. I just look at it. I put my phone down. SUREM, I feel shuream. He's texting me every now and then. I can tell he's trying to feel out where my brain's at. But I just thumbs up and I say, sounds good. We can talk work. I can root for the boys, we can talk work. I can separate the two. But I I before I walked out of that building on Thursday, when I knew, I knew the entire team got me, I looked everybody in the face. I say, is there anything you guys want to tell you before I walk out of here? Because this will have implications we personally, personally, Will and I said no.
Speaker 5: Will and I went to a lunch on Wednesday, and then we obviously did.
Speaker 4: A lunch, a big lunch to where Taylor and I we sat in my truck and we had a great.
Speaker 5: Heart talk, a great heart to heart talk like one you look back and you're like, man top five probably.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah dead friendship seems strong.
Speaker 5: Wednesday night we did what we did and literally Thursday home, yeah, which we did. Unpack that in a second. Then Friday morning at what nine thirty, Yeah, we have a breakfast. We have a breakfast. We have to span on that Wednesday conversation, have.
Speaker 4: A big conversation, right, So we.
Speaker 5: Have a Friday breakfast and I have not spoke to Will about this. Literally, once the blog comes out, we don't even speak to her. I'm thinking of myself.
Speaker 4: He sends me a text, what's happy Halloween? We had the devil face, the smiley devil face. I just right back, Happy Halloween. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I don't even know. I think I'm out of showup to this breakfast by myself. Will and I we I walk into uh stay Golden.
Speaker 4: Late for the music, late for the breakfast.
Speaker 5: We see each other, we smile and then obviously business faces and we we spent sixty percent of that breakfast just talking about all the things that transpired Thursday afternoon when he was interrogating all of you, and what went through his head that he kind of basically explained a little bit. Now we'll gohd tirm.
Speaker 6: Hey, boss man, mister Compton, a quick question. We heard tell that there was possibly a rat amongst us, somebody that gave you a little intel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that happened. I mean again, when I left on Thursday, I knew that a vlog was coming out. I didn't know what time it was, and I knew that it was everybody in the building that got me. Who is the rat? I don't know. You was fucking ratting some people out in a way as well. You was ratting too, yea.
Speaker 1: That said it.
Speaker 4: Where we were talking, I was talking about the scope of the game and everything else, like you was even alluding to ship as well. You alluded to the ogs on the bus tour. In my brain then I saw, I'm like, I'm thinking, like, oh damn, JP's involved on this, because he's been trying to ally me the entire morning.
Speaker 5: It's going the way you wanted, shermtone this question.
Speaker 6: You let him split us up, do not let him slit us up there. But I was that there was one rat.
Speaker 4: But still you were bullshitting too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You were like, hey, who's not here right now? I was like, well, Taylor's not here? But he's never really here.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on yeah.
Speaker 4: On Thursday, thay, yea on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, no, I got he's never here. I got you. But I'm thinking Taylor, Taylor's involved in this. I already understand that. I'm thinking who else? And you're trying to get me to pay you when I've already given you, which is fucking crazy. When I've given you a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks ago, unexp offensive grill that'd have loaded into your truck, and I'm thinking, you want to give you more when I feel like I've given you enough. So he's like, you know, let me be your lead. He's like, let me be crazy. He's like, I'll just put you on the sind. I'll put you on the sind. And he's like, hey, I don't think Cooping and Jared would do it. He's like, I think you need to look at the OG's the back of the bus. Who would lead that? Who would lead that charge? So I go one by one on my Garrett. He's like, I don't know, you think Garret would lead? You think Garret would lead it? Like Jack? He's like, don't you think Jack out of that crew back there, you think he would lead it? And then I'm like, I think I have an idea who would lead it? But yeah, you was fucking.
Speaker 2: You said when you left Thursday you knew, so someone had to tell you.
Speaker 4: No one told me, No one told me who said it? Then? If I'm mine, who said it?
Speaker 6: I heard that demon snitch on the boys?
Speaker 4: Who'd you hear that?
Speaker 5: For those who don't know who demon is? Going say his full name, Jared.
Speaker 4: Jared's one who pulled the gun. If you watch the blog, he's the one who had a gun. What are you doing her?
Speaker 6: I heard guns slinging Beamon aka demon?
Speaker 4: Okay, well here here we are again. Who'd you hear it from?
Speaker 6: I have my sources. You a little bit of a little bit of scratch. I can put you in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Sure you can't blackmail your bosses?
Speaker 4: Is that black man? No, you're trying to get more reward from a brother's nothing to be rewarded from.
Speaker 5: That's not blackmail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the inpos out there, that's a good point.
Speaker 7: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: So who said who said that? Jared rated demon?
Speaker 5: Demon? Demon told me? Demon ratting on himself. See what's happening here, boys, is we are slowly getting torn apart. This might be the thing that ends busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Nobody told me.
Speaker 5: Yes, I knew, yeah, but bro, he texted me, I'm disappointing. Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's when I called JP and I was like, what the fuck happened? He snitched without snitching? How did he do that? I can't tell you. Listen, I'm the one surrounded by all you guys. Why would I why would I say anything to help you out? Boys?
Speaker 5: We know what we have to do. We gotta get Beaman. We gotta end Beaman. We had to blow up his house or something. Oh, he's an apartment. We got to steal his cat, mister pupper Nicol? What's his dog? What's his cat's names? Biscuits? Just a man that lives by himself with a cat. We're taking that cat. We're taking that cat.
Speaker 4: Does he have a girlfriend? Is it his girlfriend's cat?
Speaker 7: He said that, He says they got it together, but it's at his place?
Speaker 1: What is no?
Speaker 5: No, you don't get a cat together with someone you don't live with. You get a cat, right?
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 5: I did almost like a photo it the other day because I had to go to pet Smart. I was kind of banged up on a couple of cans, and I'm just standing in line with cat food in my hands, and this dude in front of me is a cart with like three bay ass bags of dog food. Looks back at me and kind of like smirked and then stayed back and liund like God damn it. Yeah, dude, I don't control my world. I'll tell you guys right now, I do not cold when I go home. I'm a minority. I got I get picked on, I get beat up. Low tea household, very low tea household. So that's what I'm fucking dealing with. We all got problems. Will, Yeah, you're dealing with a little bit of Tpee.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, well, you had, up until that point, you had an ally outside of your household. And I would think to myself, like I can count on Will. What a loyal Like what an incredible friend. And I'm gonna go in Tpe's house while he's gone.
Speaker 5: This is the same incredible friend. I can't wait for Michigan's downfall. Lie when I lie to you?
Speaker 4: I said it to your face, though.
Speaker 5: But when did I When did I lie to you?
Speaker 4: When did I lie to you? What are you talking about? Are you want the T when you're saying, oh, is this the part where you blame me for TP in your house? Will?
Speaker 5: I didn't do it wherever you need me? And I thought I didn't say I didn't do.
Speaker 4: It well because part of me sits there. The damage has already done. And I don't want to have to ask the question because I don't want you to lie to me through text.
Speaker 5: Oh let's see.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Will Compton just well he sends a gift, black guy doing this and what a gift?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 5: What do you want? How can I help you? Text me back? Just disappointed?
Speaker 4: Lool? And what is this the part where you start blaming for the TP?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: We still get a stake gold tomorrow? And then no response. I didn't say nothing about I did it or didn't do it. You knew I fucking did it. My brain went to my neighbor did it? Is just crazy? You should have seen that photo immediately thought to yourself, Taylor.
Speaker 4: Well, because I woke up in the morning, Uh, my phone was there was already text suit, So I kind of look, you know, I'm kind of like I need to get in the shower. I need to go get over to HQ to do the Pro Football Football Show. And so I'm just thinking that, you know, my neighbors had fun and just got the solo tree because they're like, hey, is there any more you guys have any more TP We've ran out and they were the ones that sent the first picture. So I'm just thinking like, they must have just had fun life, right, So that's why I thought that. I wasn't thinking to myself like somebody you know, got me until I realized like, oh damn, maybe it goes beyond the neighbors, Like damn.
Speaker 5: I want you guys in the back of the bus to know that I've already hired security. I have security at my house at night every night from here on out. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna come out the house sometime find out.
Speaker 4: Mitch, whooah. Aren't you guys on the same team?
Speaker 5: You bro? You know this was this was nine individuals. This is nine individuals working as one for one night. Now we know, yeah, we think of what's next. Who's next?
Speaker 4: Said I couldn't be part of it, said I couldn't be part of it. Maybe that's maybe that's part of it as well. But I'm not gonna get revenge. You don't got to worry about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah whatever.
Speaker 4: You know what they say about revenge on the journey to revenge start by digging two graves, one for your enemy and another for yourself. I disagree with Marcus Aurelius. The best revenge is to be unlike the person who injured you.
Speaker 5: Frank Sinatra, the best revenge is mass success.
Speaker 4: M James Bond just saying, I just I just want guys to know disappointed. I'm hurt and I won't forget.
Speaker 5: Let's continue the hurt. What happened with UCLA and Nebraska this weekend?
Speaker 4: Dog, I don't know, man.
Speaker 5: It was an off day for Raola. Off day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just tough. You know, you take Ohio State into the fourth quarter and you'd think you're not gonna allow a two and five team to come in to Memorial and beat you right, handle you kind of like to handle this. We came on late. But again it's like even if we would have won that game, you know, the speech and locker room is like, guys, we gotta get we gotta get rolling sooner. We can't wait until the second half to get to get shit going.
Speaker 5: You got to start the fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you gotta start because even coming out of the second half, you throw we throw a pick six. Yeah, man, it sucks. Man. I don't I don't know. I don't have I don't have words for the uh, for the fan base. I do know. We're sitting at five and four right now, with a bye week and three winnable games. UCLA was a winnable game for US. I think everybody before the year started, you chalk Ohio State up as a loss, whether or not we felt like we had a shot. Whatever it is when you're just trying to be as unbiasas possibles out. Okay, we could see us dropping this game in Columbus after a bye week or after them having a bye week, and uh, you look at these next you look at these next four. I think before that you would have thought USC would be a good team. They're not a very good team. You'd think Wisconsin would be a lot stronger than they are. I think they're a winnable game as well. And obviously I was a they can be tough, like that's a battle for the border. But you have three winnable games We're in the same spot where we won five. Last year. We were sitting there again at what five and four, five and three, and then we lose out. We ended up five and seven, and we're sitting here again five and four. You have three winnable games and you don't want to fucking end up five and seven.
Speaker 5: Don't even say it.
Speaker 4: I'm saying but, but that's like the reality. That's the reality, and that sucks. What the positive is? Yeah, the positive we can be eight and four. But I'm not inside the building. I'm not oneide the locker room. I'm not inside those kids' minds. Like, I know, you sit there and you can win out and you know, ended on a good note, go bowling again. We had the opportunity to go to to uh to be eligible for a Bowl game with a win over UCLA. We still do each game, but we got to figure it out on the shoulders catch we can win games. It's just you've got to fucking put the product out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I get it.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I know the pain.
Speaker 5: I'm dealing with the team with the same record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know the same record, Like we're obviously different programs. Right now, what do you mean, we've had a Come on, man, we have the same record, I know. But you guys, you guys won a national title last year, Like everybody knew this would be kind of a rebuild year for you guys.
Speaker 5: Do you think it was gonna be this.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was gonna be this.
Speaker 5: Vegas didn't think so Vegas has it nine and a half wins?
Speaker 4: Was it nine and a half? Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't think I imagined Michigan being in the spot that you guys are in right now. I knew that there'd be a rebuild like you guys could have probably been like a nine and three ten and two tie team as well. I was thinking before the year started with it coming down to probably the Ohio State game at the end of the year. Yeah. No, I absolutely did not, thank you guys would be in the spot that you're in now.
Speaker 5: To me, it's with Michigan. If we just had a more of a consistent play at quarterback, we're in a much much better position right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know who we have. We got Indiana an the end of this week. That's a tough ball club. That's a ridiculous ball club.
Speaker 4: Then after that you've.
Speaker 5: Got Northwestern winnable and then Ohio State at the end of the year. And I'm telling you, dude, you just throw records at the window when it comes to these kind of rivalries. You see Ohio State with Nebraska last.
Speaker 4: Week for sure, like Ohio States to be able to be in a close in close games that they shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be and Michigan mentally has them right now, right mentally has them.
Speaker 4: So in the mentality plays because you look at the you look at this past weekend with Ohio State Penn State. Yeah, it's like Penn State's I mean, they got the roster to compete and the way that two.
Speaker 5: Yard line and they're in the same play three times in a row. That's just wild. People are already saying, James Franklin, we got to get rid of this guy. Team is consistently ranked in the top ten every single year and then people.
Speaker 4: Are called I want to say, a crazy stat that I saw is that Penn State is like one in twenty two since two thousand and yeah, since two thousand with James Franklin, he's now one in thirteen one.
Speaker 5: Been there top five teams, You're saying right, yeah, yeah, verst a top five, which is it's a it's a horrible feeling to be in that sort of position. Penn State yet one and twenty two against top five teams is two thousand. That's just fucking tough. And that game was winnable, very winnable, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: I know, man.
Speaker 5: Through a pick six.
Speaker 4: Refs are always sussing the fucking big ten.
Speaker 5: Dude. Refs just need to fucking calm down a little bit. There is too much laundry on the field. Let the boys play, let them get a little chippy, let them get after little bit.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 5: You want to enjoy that, Let's let's flip it over some positive. Well, actually, one more thing, Dan Lanning, you're a piece of ship for going for scoring with fifteen seconds left in the game.
Speaker 4: Covered, that's all I say. Late cover by landing.
Speaker 5: I like landing.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 5: Don't fucking pull the photo up.
Speaker 4: They're just playing ball. He has no clue.
Speaker 5: He could have took a kne and moved on.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you this. Head coaches have no clue what spreads are. That is such a fun.
Speaker 5: Take the photo off the screen, Take theode that was that was a few weeks ago. That was that was uh me celebrating in Ohio state loss.
Speaker 4: Was what that was.
Speaker 5: That was me celebrating Ohio State loss. We don't need to have that on the screen.
Speaker 4: You know what's great about that photo is it all played out in reality, like he's got you by the shirt, pulling you around. Relax. I'll just say he celebrated with you just knowing like I'm about the dummy. Yeah, literally just holding me by the dummy.
Speaker 5: That's like a movie scene from The Departed, like so many people just he just helped me with something, but knowing he's gonna get me in just a moment. Yeah, heartbreak, hotel dude.
Speaker 4: Heart. Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was a tough game and we were fucking in it too. We were in it. We'd go for a fourth down in the red zone to get it, don't get it.
Speaker 1: They end up scoring.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 5: And also back shoulder throw in Oregon's first drive, there's a back shoulder throw on ball. They kicked the pat Will Johnson on Will john Will Johnson didn't play. He didn't play that game.
Speaker 4: Is he number two?
Speaker 5: He's number two, but he didn't play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was on him.
Speaker 5: Bro I'm telling you he wasn't in the game. He had here's a lower legg injury. He did not play. I even googled it. Oh yeah, twelve yeah, the one snuck in there, but he drops this ball. They kicked the pat and then they show the replay. You guys are gonna tell me, we have all this technology in the rule now, all these camerangles, and no one's gonna say nothing until after it's over. That's pretty raw. Wild And on the same exact drive, blocking the back that would have taken them out of field goal wings that was not called very obvious blocking the back, Dan Michigan doesn't get the fourth down. Those three things happen, Michigan wins that ball game.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you guys are ever winning.
Speaker 5: But what are you talking about? Thirty yeah, thirty eight twenty one, Yeah it was Moonmoir was close. Yes, thirty eight seventeen lay cover.
Speaker 4: Thank god, I play an.
Speaker 5: I just crazy that Landing wants to do that to the raiding national champs. That's wild.
Speaker 4: Wait, the new Apex Predator, man Ducks, the Ultimate Apex Predator is now a done. One of the most fragile things out there is going to be in the Big Ten championship. Indiana and organ I think so too, Yeah, I think so to.
Speaker 5: Indian is a strong ball club. Who is Spagnetti? What's it these days?
Speaker 4: Signetti?
Speaker 5: That guy with him hitting the press conference google me I win quote like dude, that is and then just continues to do what he does. You put on an Indiana ball game right now, the commenteers are saying, this guy from Olivar and that guy from FSU. This guy transfers out the ass. This dude said, fuck a rebuild. We're gonna go in to blooming was it Bloomfield? Bloomingdale? What the hell is is this Bloomington? And we're just gonna rewrite history with this ball club. That is nuts.
Speaker 4: It's gonna come down to that last game of the year Indiana at Hawaii at at Hawaii at That's gonna be the plane that game. Yeah, that'll be an awesome game. Yeah, I mean Indiana. Indiana's playing well, man, they're rolling ranked.
Speaker 5: You gotta watch Michigan. They gotta watch out from Michigan. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 4: For sure, they can't like overlook any of these games. Is he sorry? So here's our predictions. The first college football playoff. Like ranking comes out tonight as you're listening to this episode, and we had some rankings at the beginning of the year. Let's see how we've done. I have in there Georgia, Ohio State, Texas, Florida State, Oh my god, what a brutal pick the ACC now is gonna be SMU or yeah, yeah, SMU or Miami. Then I had Alabama. I don't think they get in Oregon, Utah, which, yeah, it's bad pick. Oh miss bad pick, Nebraska, bad pick. Notre Dame. Notre Dame can get in with the rest of their schedule. Tennessee isn't an interesting is in an interesting spot. They could still get in Oklahoma State bad pick. I think the big twelve Man's gonna come down to Kansas State. They just lost. Yeah, yeah, but they still had they can still they can still went out because they got I think believe they got Iowa State, which is gonna come down to Kansas State. Iowa State. I think Colorado. Oh yeah, my fault, my fault. No disrespect to BYU, No disrespected by U. Yeah, b Yu's in there. Yes, yeah, I completely forgot about BYU. That's on me. But yeah, even Colorado can still do it. Bro They're a two loss team right now and they have a schedule that they can win out on right good ball clubs, but they'll be they could be on the outside looking at it. Like let's say b YU bring up BYU the rest of their schedule, because yeah, BYU has Utah, Arizona State, Kansas, and Houston, they could win out. Say i would State takes care of business. It'd be b YU and Iowa State. And if Colorado's in there at like a you know, a two lost team on the outside looking in. If BYU Throttle's Iowa State, like Colorado could be looking at a spot, a late spot to get in there, that would be crazy. That'd be crazy. Man.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna skip over my first name that I have Michigan, yep, but I'm gonna go Texas, Georgia, Oregon, Notre Dame, Ole, Miss Ohio State, l s U, Tennessee, Alabama, MISSOO. That's a tough one. That's a tough one. And then I had Iowa in there as well. A couple of yikes right there.
Speaker 4: How many do you think it's in from the SEC? You guys have a better pulse on the SEC. Right now, SEC is wide open. It's wide open. All of college football is wide open.
Speaker 8: Probably three Georgia, Texas, Georgia Tennessee play next. Now this coming weekend with the next Tennessee, we have Missippi State, then Georgia, and then I feel like it'll probably be pretty cemented in who's going to be in. But then you have Tennessee closes with Vandy and they could they could shake ship Vanderbilt, so kind of scary. But yeah, I think probably Georgia, Texas, Ole, miss or Tennessee.
Speaker 5: Where is the Vandy Tennessee game?
Speaker 8: I believe it's at in Knoxville.
Speaker 5: It's in Knoxville, is it?
Speaker 2: You go?
Speaker 4: That's gonna be.
Speaker 8: Feah Yeah, I'll go tier for sure.
Speaker 4: How many South Carolina had a massive win bro over A and M you guys finish out being a three loss team, Like, there's gonna be a few three loss SEC teams that are going to be argued about to get in the collegetball playoffs.
Speaker 2: There's so many good three loss team Yeah, yeah, and really the it's so funny just with Vanderbilt, Like this week, South Carolina versus Vanderbilt is massive.
Speaker 4: Big implications, huge implications.
Speaker 2: I know, I have to go to a freaking wedding in Franklin. So I'm gonna go Friday night to the hotel. See if I can see if I can't, talk to the team, talk to Beamer, make sure we stay on the right path.
Speaker 1: Bru No, I.
Speaker 5: Mean the fall. Isn't this your second one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, fall weddings.
Speaker 2: In the fact that it's here in town, I know, Yeah, that's painful.
Speaker 4: Brutal, but yeah, dude, it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: This is the best year possible to have a twelve team playoff.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be.
Speaker 5: It's yes, Like last year you saw kind of the top six, seven teams, it was, it was pretty much laid out where it was at.
Speaker 4: But this year it's like who.
Speaker 5: Knows and what everyone has shown blemishes Georgia this week against Florida and literally could have lost. That was rooting for Florida to win that game, just because I love chaos, like nothing against the dogs. You just kind of put it on. You're like, oh, ship, yeah, let's see this go down right now. Always rooting for Vandy for some gotta be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gotta be Oregon. Oregon has to be I feel like head and shoulders above everyone else, not head and shoulders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like as of right now, the way their.
Speaker 2: Season has gone to they do get better every single year.
Speaker 5: Here's what I worry about, dude, is when we were in Oregon watching the Sohiono State, like you see Ohio State run out of tunnel, their boys are bigger, like just talking about like in the trenches. Their boys are bigger, stouter, like they had a look about them that Oregon. I don't really see. I don't see organ like having the durability or they're like the move when it comes down to true trench warfare at the end of the day, like the SEC you see them cats and we're in LSU last year or at watching Tennessee warm up versus Alabama, Right, you just kind of worry about some animals in those Yes, bro, they got some fucking studs.
Speaker 4: And because every week from here on out, it's gonna have implications, which makes the college for a playoff that much more fun. It's like even with the NFL, when teams are like on the Friends, you're kind of like you're trying to play ahead to be like, Okay, they need this to happen. To get in the playoffs. That's just gonna be happening with college football.
Speaker 5: But yeah, because dude, being in the locker room and being like, okay, all right, if the Colts dropped two out of three and this team and you're just like in that moment of like, oh we still have a path of the play offs, right, that is like the best feeling. Actually that's actually not the best feeling. The best things when you already locked it up, you got a.
Speaker 4: First sea scroll down on this top twenty five, Like, yeah, the worst team right now is ranked twenty five. Louisville and Vanderbilt at twenty four and twenty five, both at three lost teams. Like every team in the top twenty five has a has a path. Like if you're in the Big twelve or the ACC, maybe not as much, but if you're in the SEC Big ten's got some cats. Like it's going to be nuts, bro. Every game is gonna have implications, which is gonna make it that much more fun every week to tune in on Saturday.
Speaker 6: One thing that people are bringing up is Army plays Notre Dame in two weeks. Army is still undefeated.
Speaker 4: If Army don't know don't know. But if Army.
Speaker 6: Beats a top ten Notre Dame team and then they win the American and Boise State wins out and wins the Mountain West. Under the current rules, there's only one group of five champion that would like you make it if you're the top ranked conference champion of a group of five? Right, But could Army or Boise still sneak into that top twelve just based solely on their record? Like, have both Boise and Army make it?
Speaker 4: I mean if Army is undefeated, man, if they especially if you're sitting.
Speaker 5: Here State Florida State was undefeated last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that this is a yeah, there's a twelve team playoff. Now, I think if you're sitting there and I think there's all these good teams in the SEC. But if you're sitting there arguing over SEC three loss teams to get in and Army sitting there undefeated, it's like you have to go. You know, That's why the regular season matters, Right, regular season matters?
Speaker 6: Would you put him in over a one loss Bois and their only losses to Oregon the number one team?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't know. This is gonna be awesome, Yeah, because if Notre Dame Notre Dame team, I think there they'd be out of it.
Speaker 5: Scatable went off this week, dude, Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought with this nil thing that guys would more, teams would separate themselves, like the kind of the premiere programs would separate more and more. But it seems like it's getting more scattered than ever. Like the teams are just coming out of the woodwork, grabbing these other five star guys that just didn't want to wait in line at these like Alabamas, at these Georgia's, and they're just going to other places. They're really they're really doing.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna be sick. It's gonna be sick. Coaching is getting exposed, no doubt about it. And we want to hit some NFL Sure, we'll pop.
Speaker 5: Into it, dude, let's pop in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, that's a great call, mitge let's hit let's hit an AD, let's hit an ad. Read well, you hit out, I'm gonna pay okay, Yeah, go tinkle, go tinkle. Great one right here, because there's some ups and downs and the you know that I had in the sports book over the weekend the NFL season is rolling along and the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed the season. DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sportsbook partner of the NFL, is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back breaks through the line, and gallop sixty yards to score. We don't care how they get them. We want to bet on touchdowns and DraftKings is the best place to do it. Rated To place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score a touchdown. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. When you bet just five dollars, you will get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. Score big with the DraftKings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet on touchdowns. Download the Draftings Sportsbook app and use code bus. That's code bus bus for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings, the crown is yours. Speaking of the touchdown bets Man, the touchdown Parlay, we just we can't get right. I mean, Derrick Henry, Derrick Henry got two for us. The only council is one. We had Derek Kennon where we had a Swift from the Bears, and we had Dy have Montgomery from the Lions. Jamior Gibbs scores. I wanted to kill myself because it's like which one do you pick? There? They all have a lot of touchdowns on that team lines I know, and then a'm and Ross saying brown. It's like, why not bet on? That dude's doing the whole His selling in the end zone was incredible. Who else tried it?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: Drake London from Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Did you see where that started from? No incarnate word, which is like a D two is school.
Speaker 7: This wide receiver just randomly did it.
Speaker 4: I love that. It's awesome he got a flag. I love that. But we all were struggling into the touchdown world. Now, something we're hopeful about. Christian McCaffrey will be active this week. Forty nine ers. We'll have to put that one in obviously, You right, Derrick Henry office you right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about the boys parlay?
Speaker 4: That one was on me?
Speaker 5: That was on me.
Speaker 4: This week, I picked de Andre Swift. Bro. It's a team. Yeah, it's a team every Thursday. It's a team effort. I know.
Speaker 5: I thought I snuck one in though, because I saw him playing against the Commanders last week and I was like, this, Bro, this dude is really the offense, right and when the success comes with him, and I figured they get into the tight red zone and be able to put it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's nothing. Bears in trouble. Bears are in trouble. Yeah, I see Big Ketty, he's having a tough time. He's they're ready to fire ibra flus, iberfluss, ibraflus something.
Speaker 5: It's that time of the year, man. People are just all over the place calling for people's heads, left, right and center.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a scary time. It's a scary time to be a head coach in the NFL with a losing re Who do you think comes out of the uh? Yeah, that's another thing that happened. NFC South shake up. The Saints fired head coach Dennis Allen. They started off owing two. They've lost seven straight. Dennis Allen two and oh they start off two? And oh? What did I say?
Speaker 5: They start off two?
Speaker 1: And oh?
Speaker 5: Outscoring their opponents, and like, I think they scored ninety points in their first two games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we're just going off.
Speaker 5: Michael Thomas gets on Twitter, He's going to start bad mouth Derek Carr and stuff like that, throwing crazy shots.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 5: You see Derek Carr's press.
Speaker 4: Conference that he handled it as well as he could.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I didn't see it. I'm not going to see it. I usually ignore the good and the bad by just trying to focus on my job. Derek Carr, true pro gotta love that.
Speaker 7: Derek car is also out there throwing hospital balls toys.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what Michael Thomas said, So damn gonna That wasn't us, that was that was Mitch Carsley. The mit cars said that. Go and quote him.
Speaker 4: I didn't see the fantasy lineup too. Thought it was gonna be bombs over back dad.
Speaker 7: Getting close to that, to a territory of like should he play? Should he not play?
Speaker 4: Oh? Really? He get hurt again off the field, stretchered.
Speaker 7: That's the second there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 4: The South right now is going to come down to the Falcons and Bucks.
Speaker 5: I think the Falcons.
Speaker 4: I think the Falcons too. Yeah, but it's gonna have.
Speaker 5: They lost a couple of guys, dude, but don't sleep on Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 4: I know, I know into it like the Bucks could still make the playoffs. That the NFC North is wide open. You got the Lions, Vikings, Packers. Now, the Lions are just a different fucking team.
Speaker 5: They handled business all day yesterday against the Packers.
Speaker 4: I think I think it was Orlowsky. He tweeted out this morning that in the last you know, however many games, they've put up ninety six points a plus north of one hundred you know, point differential. I mean, you got offensive lineman scoring touchdowns. They just absolutely destroyed teams. Man Randy game yesterday with the Packers came down to the wire. Packers are a tough team, well coached team, yeah, O'Connell. With the Vikings, they're well coach football team. The North is going to be crazy. That's gonna be a crazy finish this year. Do you think they sneak in three teams? You got the NFC wes is absolutely wide open everybody within a game. Cardinals sitting at the top five and four right now, Seattle's at the bottom four and five. Niners are four and four Rams are four and four. I mean what sucked with the Rams is Puka throws a shot, theres a punch and somebody gets kicked out of the game. I mean the Rams are gonna be a tough team. I don't know who comes out of the West because Murray's playing well.
Speaker 5: He's playing well, but he worries you about the consistency, like wins.
Speaker 4: On the history. Yeah, based on the history of the Cardinals. I think it's gonna come down to either.
Speaker 5: And then you see the commanders of the NFC East.
Speaker 4: I think the commander. I think the Commanders win the NFC East. Bro I think the Commanders win the NFC I think I think the Eagles have the roster. I think when it comes down to coaching, the Commander's got it. Man. Saquan's a beast. He's changed the game. Like you look at Derek.
Speaker 5: He's gonna change He's gonna change video games. Next year, they're gonna have the backwards hurdle. Is that not the most insane thing we've ever seen in our lives? And it wasn't even the backwards hurdle. It was the the juke followed by the spin, followed by the elongated lag to the turnaround. Yeah, he's off.
Speaker 4: I mean those he thinks that's teenage mutant ninja turtleship right, that.
Speaker 5: Is John Wick choreographed fight ship. Dude like that as if him and the dB.
Speaker 4: Plan that.
Speaker 5: Insane.
Speaker 4: Bro just had his rear view mina.
Speaker 5: If somebody's there, Bank just popped it on over. That is wild. That's football porn. You can go back and watch that video over and over again, just be like, Yo, this is unreal.
Speaker 4: But the Eagles got the roster. I just think it when you know, coming down to situation, coaching and everything else, I think the Commander's got the edge there.
Speaker 5: Dan Quinn's a stud he is, But dude, I just hype in the locker room.
Speaker 4: Bro Jane Dais was playing well, obviously hurts he's a stud about head coach here, DQ Siriani, I'm going dan.
Speaker 5: Quinn, listen, you get you get to the end of November, and that's when that rookie wall really starts to hit. Guys are so used to be putting to playing that third week, fourth week of November and college their first year in the league. More times than not, you see a drop off. And that's why I give the edge to the Eagles right now. I just think the Eagles they have the players, they have the talent. Yeah, maybe coaching is a little better, but when it comes to a guy who's really crushing it like Jaden Daniels and you get to that December, I think everyone does it to some extent and it's gonna the way the records are shaken out right now. It's close. It's close. Personally, I would like to see the commanders when the East because it's exciting. I want it for you, I want it for that team. I want it for Jaden Daniels. That's exciting to me. But you see the Eagles. Man, the Eagles have so much talent and they have you know, they got guys like Lane Johnson. It's upsetting that Jason Kelsey, he's over there spiking phones. He's not able to be in the locker room helping the boys out. But bro, you want to unpack that for a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah we can also a J Brown went down as well. Yeah, what do you have knee? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think like not like a little meniscus deal, like a small little minuses. That's always a real grade one m cl hopefully.
Speaker 9: Like he was walking off and like finished the rest of the first half and then they came out for the second happen.
Speaker 7: I think you tried to warm up and it was bothering.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, teasing peace to aj Brown front of the show, front of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, also too, like just a receiver having the issues. It's like, yeah, I'm sure you know they're taking the right precautions and everything else, but sure.
Speaker 5: Just popped it up.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: They Commanders and Negles haven't played yet. Theyself to play twice, so that that's gonna be some fun football to watch. Yeah, that's one to keep your eye on right there. I think you get December twenty second though, it's just.
Speaker 4: I don't know division throwback. Wouldn't that be something fifteen Commanders in Philly Christmas Christmas game? It might have been Christmas Eve, but you know it's when the boy hit the dab sax Sam Brad or we we cleanched the East, We clinched the East on that day.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what this dude has. Selective CT just you think of things you can't think of the most basic shit sometimes, but you remember all of your highlights.
Speaker 4: Selective. Oh but yeah, bro, the Jason Kelcey slamming the phone down, yeah, saying who's the yeah, dropping that F word hard? Now, who's the F word? Now? Dude did give him a little nuts. He kind of dropped him.
Speaker 5: For a second, bro, which is crazy, I know.
Speaker 4: But but Jason Shoulder, he's holding his beer, he's holding beer, he's on he.
Speaker 5: Bent down, but he does give him the thing. Some dude on Instagram was like, basically clip the part where Jason Kelsey just slams the phone down and calls him who's the F wort?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's like, Jason Kelsey should be in prison. Celebrities don't care about you. I don't even know who the no some dude on this it was like a sports thing on Instagram and I just I commented. I was like, this is the most bitch made clickbait clip effort.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. Look at the end of the day, dude was talking crazy noise about his brother, like right next to him, and I understand the whole you know, having composure and walking away and this.
Speaker 5: Person of status you should keep yourself above.
Speaker 4: He's talking about his brother. He's talking about his brother. He understand on something. He's doing it with the phone like running up trying to like have a clip. So he takes his phone and slams it down and just fucking stomps it. I loved it, Yeah, Like I loved it. And I'm and I'm dead ass serious, like you are a pussy and you are fuck all the legal bullshit that you can probably do whatever. It is like you are a loser at life if you're that type of person just running up on somebody because he probably sat with his friends. Bat man.
Speaker 5: If I see Jason Kelcey today, I'm gonna say X, Y and Z and he goes and does he thinks he's cool for a moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see him kind of maybe clinch his fist, swing that no explode it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the thing is is like that's that's that's the problem too, is like you're you never would you run up on a dude like Jason Kelcey and say those types of words being built like that and think I'm just gonna get away with this.
Speaker 4: Because I saw somebody. They're like, oh, it's gonna take some average joe at some point in time to beat the shit out of an athlete and that cuvil stop. It's like I I get what you're saying, but I'm telling you right now, those alpha type average jows that are out there, they're not walking up and running up on you, trying to clip you with the phone, trying to say this malicious stuff to your face like they know who they are, Like they that that's not what I'm talking about, because yeah, that's true. It's like, yeah, I'm sure that'll happen at some point in time, but just running up saying what you're saying about about Jason's brother, like you're a fucking loser. Yeah, you're a loser.
Speaker 5: And I thought it was a well orchestrated tweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, at that point in time, you just you know, there's certain things you're staying on in Jason. Obviously the it touched them with him talking about his brother, and I'm with it. I do I get what you're saying. Yeah, I do. I get what you're saying, because you would like to have the composure to just not hear it because you are you're going to a game, like just fucking forget about it. But he wanted to make that reaction. I'm pro Jason Kelsey, like I'm siding with the boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think we're all on Jason Kelsey side. Anybody not on Jason Kelsey side.
Speaker 4: Mitch, Mitch, you know, Mitch, I don't know because you always talking about how can I get up on somebody and get a little lawsuit going and make some extra cash. You're always talking about that type of ship, those words. No, that that that was crazy. That was crazy. Yeah, dude's bitch for that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: That is a bitch made move.
Speaker 4: I had a couple other things. The East, the Bills. I was kind of running through divisions. Who he think is gonna win these divisions? Uh? The NFC West, we already talked about that. Ye, the AFC West. Obviously, you got the Chiefs. The only ones who can make it interesting is probably the Chargers. But there are a few games back right now. I do think the Chiefs are going to drop a couple Miles Garrett went crazy. See three sacks in the first half. Yeah, my god. That you got the East the Bills. I mean, the rest of the East is absolutely dead. Look at look at the East here. You got the Jets who are second division three and six. They have to win out. Bills are running away with that. You got the North Steelers, Ravens Steelers. Steelers could get the division man Russy, Russy's been spice. You got Arthur Smith calling the offense obviously, and you got just an absolutely dominating defense, which is where like the Ravens, as great of an offense as they have, they don't have the they don't have the same weapons on defense like the Steelers do. And then do the Bengals make it interesting? It'll be.
Speaker 5: Do we think the Colts are able to catch the Texans at all? I think they could, but they have I mean, Digg's Acl Collins, he's out too lott of weapons done. Yeah, Joe Mixon and Tank Dell essentially.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they got similar schedules on the back half. I'm drawing a blank. Click on the Colts, click on their schedule. Yeah. I want to say both the Colts and the Texans have the Lions still. I want to say that Texans might have the Chiefs as well. But yeah, it'll be, it'll be. It's gonna be fun man football season. This is where it all starts, the matter November December.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is where those team meetings are happening right now. Boys, we gotta get after it.
Speaker 4: It kind of does Oh, Mitch, I know you love ball, but this is the best part of the year.
Speaker 7: Oh, no doubt, but it's just like, fuck, a couple more months, we're not gonna have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, buddy, Mike Sullivan will always say, Hey, you're gonna blank. It's gonna be Thanksgiving, and here we are. It's almost here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Titans, Titans, A nice win, nice nice win.
Speaker 5: The question everybody's asking right now is can they run the table?
Speaker 4: Are they?
Speaker 5: Can they get back on track?
Speaker 4: Then they get back on track.
Speaker 5: I will say I was leaving the Titans game yesterday, some guy came up to me and introduced himself. He was staying in line for the churro. So he goes, I want toroduce myself. I'm Will Levis's dad. It's all great to meet you. He goes, We're gonna have a great back half of the season. Yeah, said to my face. Feel good about it, love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm curious what's gonna happen when Levis gets back in the fold. Because Mason's he's done enough, He's done a lot what I mean, Yeah, Calvin Ridley's getting he's getting his touches a lot more.
Speaker 5: He had that one deep ball drop. You know I know you, Hey, you love that. You love that. Sometimes takes it takes win. It takes one, dude, did you get one?
Speaker 1: Win?
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, all that anger in the locker room, that cancerous cell that keeps growing, everyone keeps bitching about, Hey we got one. Just go just came back in days nuts.
Speaker 4: I know that tipped one. Yeah, then get a little high. He didn't want it necessarily. You knew he was about to get smacked. He kind of had the t rex arms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, Paul was running nice yesterday.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 5: It was a good it was a good looking big.
Speaker 4: When we were there. We were there boys getting the boy went in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what happened to Cushion Bear?
Speaker 1: Is that his name?
Speaker 5: Cushion Bary? What what injury did he sustain for Corey to get in lower body? Okay, so they're saying he got hurt pretty bad. I'll have to look more into that. I will say this, all Titans fans listening the biscuit, Corey Levin under rated ballplayer, under rated ballplayer. Now, Corey, I will say this. You know what I'm not I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say that Corey is a strong he's a great run blocker. That boy knows ball, he knows where to put the offensive line. Now, they had a snap a snap fumble.
Speaker 4: He's a coach out there.
Speaker 5: That was that was not Corey's fault. And the replay that did a great job at a great angle. Hit Mason Rudolph right in the hands, hit him right in the hands. I I feel good about Levin. I feel good about Levin at center. Dude, I'm just telling you, am I bias. Yes, absolutely, I love this kid and I want him to do well. I did make him. That's what I was going to talk about it, how much I've made Corey Levin With out me, Corey Levin is not in the league anymore. I will say that, Dude, Gibbons to Jack Gibbons, doctor Gibbons at a fucking game. Just just a Will Compton out there, dude, just having a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watching him.
Speaker 5: You made him. Without you, guys like Jack Gibbons wouldn't have the confidence to keep pushing forward, undrafted cat at a Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Guys like us, we make ourselves guys like hell, yeah, I made all the Yeah. I love seeing Gibby play he plays his balls off. Man. You can tell you just he has command of the defense. He knows what's going on. He fucking plays with his hair on fire flies around brom swag to him. I love it.
Speaker 5: He's a more quiet Roberts playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love football.
Speaker 5: Tians might do it, man, they might fucking turn it around.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 5: I heard you weren't at the Jack missed the second half of the football game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you or neither? You're right.
Speaker 5: I love to go see my family.
Speaker 8: I I had to go move my house. We had to get out by last night. It was nice to see the OT win on the phone, but.
Speaker 4: That was the reason I was so fired up about the OT win. Obviously, I love seeing the Titans win. But your boy had the under under thirty eight games had the other thirty eight. Seeing us, seeing us win twenty to seventeen, I was like, God, there we go. I love the field goal. Now let's just make a play, you know, Moni hooker two picks, huge, huge.
Speaker 5: And is it curse broken?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Tennessee one to Tennessee, Tennessee team's one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we can put that to bed. Now, I think we can put the Jets.
Speaker 5: Let's fucking go times.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's always November when both Tennessee teams catch a double dub. So yeah, yeah, there's always an exception once but maybe next week and two Titans got uh who is the Chargers and then Tennessee's got Missippi State. So if Titans go road win, you know.
Speaker 4: Shout out the Titans organization. They they hosted the boys. We were there this weekend.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of fun, a lot of love out there.
Speaker 4: Shut out Bane, Bill Puffer, Yes.
Speaker 5: Bill Puffer, is it Jared Puffer?
Speaker 4: Jared Puffer. Sorry, that's what he his brother's Bill. Yeah, I'm thinking Bill Martin.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, all good from the ball good but yeah, Titans, Master puff, massive love. We gotta we gotta figure out a way to pack that stand. We gotta figure out a way to get more Titans fans in Nissan Stadium, because if you're looking at your phone at all during the game, you're gonna hear a cheer. You don't know what happened one way or the other. Because they had lots of Patriots fans in that a lot of Patriot fans, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Man, that's kind of the theme though. But either way, you want to get to a game this weekend, next weekend, doesn't matter. Football season is here. We can't wait to get out to some games this fall with the help of game Time. Matter of fact, they are the official ticketing partner of Barsool Sports. Game Time we couldn't get everybody. We had about sixteen people at the game yesterday. Got eight of us on the in the suite with the sideline. The other eight we bought him on the fifty yard line on it day of Day of with the game Time app at the You got you guys were on like the fifty yard line. Yeah, yeah, but again we were looking at tickets. We use the game Time I have to buy for the Titans Patriot game. Just pull up your chosen event and turn on the GT pick setting at the top of the screen, or browse the best local game Time Picks deals near you on your game Time at home page. What are you waiting for? I'm gonna buy those Titans tickets this weekend, whether they are at the Chargers, whether fly into LA but anyway, use the game Time app, download the game Time after today. Use code busting to easily score great deals with the new game Time Picks what time is that game time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Predators game tonight. You're gonna hit that Predators game tonight. Go watch and play the Kings. Baby, are you gonna chug the beer?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I kind of want to just keep it low, keep it low this time until they hand you well if they if they ask, I will do it.
Speaker 4: I will do it.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like what Burt said.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. If you don't want, you've got to set the expectation. Now.
Speaker 5: I know I should text me like, but they got that, we got the Lexus Lounge. Uh, Taylor's mother's there, Taalen's grandfather's going. Obviously they're Canadians, so they're obsessed with hockey.
Speaker 4: Just a good time.
Speaker 5: When we were we were walking around this weekend, a couple people said, oh, I remember you from the from the JumboTron, so they she's win's got herself a little reputation. When she walks in the Bridge do arena. We'll see, man, we will see.
Speaker 4: That means it's happening.
Speaker 5: That my most proud moment as a father right there. God, that was so amazing. The smile in that little girl's face was all fucking time. So yeah, we're gonna go today, first one of the season.
Speaker 4: Shall we jump into the episode, jump into the interview.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Big hugs, Hey, big hugs, Tiny Case. So you're watching right now, make sure again make sure you subscribe, support the boys, help the boys out. Leave comments along the episode. We've had a hell of a run this year so far. Faull Tore is officially done.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 4: We wrapped it up this weekend, last weekend at their or. The last college stop was Tennessee. We were at the Patriot Titans game this weekend. The boys are done. I will be in the trenches starting next week. Baby number two comes, Baby number two comes, little girl. Hope everything goes well, but that begins. But now you know fall towards done. We had a hell of a run and uh yeah, enjoy this episode. Boys. Yeah, shout out. Sean Merriman, pray for a fight, love you big outside of kids.
Speaker 1: Tase to Michael Vick, fresh out of jail, Fast out of jail. I was like, what field have they got as longer than forty yards? Why are you still fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Shout of jail motivated.
Speaker 5: Some cats come out of prison. Mike Tyson when he came out of prison. He was just meaner and bigger and buffer than he's ever been in Are we rolling? We are rolling. Hey, let's give a round. Flash Merriman joining us on the bus. Just landed in Nashville, Tennessee. Just came to hang out with the boys. We appreciate you stopping by.
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate it. I appreciate you not.
Speaker 5: First off, want to give you a shout out for the coolest nickname of all time high school nickname lights Out. So when I was at Google and just doing a little bit of research on you, you put.
Speaker 4: More time out of time out before you get into that story. I got to ask, Okay, do you remember responding to me on a Vernon Davis Instagram post?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Is this by two thousand and fifteen?
Speaker 1: Is this when he got kicked off the field? Was singletary?
Speaker 4: No, this is when he was on Washington Okay, and he was doing like a like a sponsor post. Yeah, his shirt off and he was like dipping in some supplements and I was getting on just busting his ball, and Sean was like defending Vernon against me, like about to beat your ass. Yeah, I remember, I remember Veron like seaning.
Speaker 1: Know that you were just busting ball, having a good time, having time. So just backstort like Vernon runs like my little brother, like brother, yeah, and I know versus like fifteen years old. I didn't know the relationship then.
Speaker 5: You know, me see a mouthy white guy and you're like when I.
Speaker 4: Was trying to scroll and see but he had he doesn't have posts like beyond like two thousand in nineteen. But it was back when he was on the same team. And I remember when Sean had responded to me. I'm just thinking, I texted Vernon my you know, let know good what I can't Oh he was laughing. He's like, oh, it's a good dude. He's a good you know Vernon the nicest. Yes, yes, yes, but I had do you.
Speaker 5: Kidd me what you like? Sherman the back. You missed that official.
Speaker 1: Hair with the the uh little flavor landing trip down there.
Speaker 5: That thing is why I got a one.
Speaker 1: I got a fresh wine, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was your That was your ice brinker at the bar, that little thing hanging down off the lip.
Speaker 1: For sure. I got the LRG allergy was hot at that time too. Everybody had fun analogy.
Speaker 5: That is so funny. But yeah, we as I was saying before we went down memory lane with you for a second, high school, Yeah, put four players unconscious in the first half of a high school football game. Yeah, what's real, man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so so what happened. So what happened was it was it was a school that was like talking a lot. They were talking a lot of ship like leading up to the game. And my coaches when I was young, when I was then, they would egg me on by every clipping is to come out. Everything in the local newspaper. They would Washington Post, come out, they would send me everything, gassing me up. So I can't wait to get to this game now, And so I just started like striking people right. And I remember like a like parents were coming on the field, like standing in the end zone, grabbing the rest, grabbing a commissioner. Basically saying that the coaches were held me back for two years, like I was like two or three years older.
Speaker 4: Than well they thought you were like not, no, that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, not knowing that that I was youngest, you know. So like even when I got drafted, I was twenty years old. When I got drafted, I.
Speaker 4: Was like a Bishop Sycamore situation. Yeah, right, that's a good poll.
Speaker 1: And so uh and so that happened after the game, about twenty twenty five suits coming run under me and they said, you knock those kids lights out. And I just, you know, kind of played it off cool. I didn't think it was gonna happen. I said, yeah, you know what, call me lights out. And I got to school on Monday and I got my back my backpack on and I got my books in my hand, and it was like, yo, good game, lights And I'm like, shit, you know, it's kind of caught on already, and people, you know, heard about it. And so I went home. I rushed home to my to my mom. My mom smoked a ton of cigarettes. I got the room and I'm waving the smoke. I can't even see my mom and shit, she's doing the smoking cigarettes all day. Yeah, And I said, ma, look this. You know, people called me lights so I don't want to get this this lights out tattooed on my right forearm. And she looked at me and smoked a cigarette one more time and said, boy, get the hell out of the room. Right.
Speaker 5: How old are you?
Speaker 1: Sixteen?
Speaker 5: Sixteen years on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I came back every single day for two weeks, and finally she took me to go get this light switch with a hand, cutting the lights out on my right form and that became a thing. And so my freshman year at the University of Maryland, we were playing Georgia Tech. Actually this hit is on YouTube, and it was my first time playing on ESPN. It was a night Friday or Friday night or Saturday night game on ESPN. I wasn't starting, but they put me in the game and I'm dry up and back in the flats. The wide receiver Walkings come running across the field, dragging across the field, and I just and then that was the first time I got up and pointed at it, like there it is there, it is right there. Yeah, that was the first time I bring that back. Wow. So you know, I'm seventeen. I think I think I'm seventeen at the time. I don't think I was eighteen yet. And they put me in a game, and so none of my teammates at the time they thought I came in with cocky all this lights out kid, and we not call these lights out.
Speaker 5: That's what I wanted to ask, how was the lights on first because that is the perfect yeah, like tattooed to chirp. As a freshman getting into college, all the seniors been like, hey, you.
Speaker 4: Like that dude?
Speaker 1: That was so I was so cocky too, Like I came in there like talking ship. I was like that that black sheep, Like, Yo, this dude, don't fucking believe you know, there's.
Speaker 5: A couple of seniors getting in the corner, like we got to humble this dude. First day of practice.
Speaker 4: Coaches like, hey, this guy's a psyches.
Speaker 1: We had a Henderson, remember, yeah, yeah, e J Henderson buckets, one of the best, to me, the best linebacker to come out of Maryland ever. And uh, he would always just call me freshmen or he would like call me something else, and they nobody would call me anything until that hit. And so I finally came on a sideline and I got ea J and those guys came up to me. Denarl Wilson the same you know, defense coordinator here, so he was my team. So none of them would call me lights out at all until that hit.
Speaker 5: And that was the first was the first game, now, the first time.
Speaker 1: I got in the game, like on that on the national level. That was it. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 5: That is fucking wild man. So why Maryland?
Speaker 1: Uh? Because you know, for me, like I grew up in Prince George's County and at the time, like PG County, d C was bad, dude, like top five, top ten mertal capital of the country. Really yeah, And so so I wanted to you know, I had offers from everywhere, and I committed as a junior to h to Maryland. But from where we came from, nobody stayed home. Like everybody went to Penn State, you know, Florida State at the national Florida State was big, Ohio, They went to everywhere else all the time, players went everywhere else. Nobody stayed home. So I was like, man, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna stay home. And I was the first one that kind of could have went to a Florida State or could have went to a Florida or something like that and stay home. And then after me Vernon, we was talking about Vernon, you know, Vernon State, and a lot of guys like tour a lot of first we start having first round draft picks every year after that. But at the time, I think I was a I might have been the highest drafted player from Maryland, but dude, it was hard. I didn't take any visits, and Miami was coming to my you know, coming to the game, my basketball, you know games. I was playing it hooping in the off season with the with some of the Maryland basketball players. They would be walking around like off campus. They were trying to get me to to Miami. So if I would have took my visit, it would have been to Miami. I would have gone to And.
Speaker 5: If you showed up in Miami, you probably would have committed on the spot.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. Yeah, dude, they took me to the strip club or some shit out there. I would have been.
Speaker 5: They do strip clubs like malls out there, the three stories. It's crazy, the whole time of convenience.
Speaker 4: You were good at basketball and track.
Speaker 1: Too, right, Yeah, basketball for sure. So I grew up uh on the AAU team. So in the same AAU team. It was like me, Michael Beasley, KD. Nolan Smith woud up going to Douke and he played I think for the playing the NBA for like six seven years. It was like ten of us. They went all through like the same AAU team and then The problem was I start, I started growing here, getting wider, and then everybody else, like Beasley and all these other guys, they just kept, you know, going that way. But yeah, Beasley, we practically grew up in the same neighborhood and the same house. Like Beasley at ten nineteen years old was at my house. We were growing up, Yeah, all of us.
Speaker 4: Was there anything like was it family ties? This stuff that kept you and kept you in Maryland?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why you didn't want to visit any of these other prestigious D one programs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did because I think for me, my coaches took care of me in high school. So we lost we were homeless. We lost our house house to fires because my mom couldn't pay to pay the bills and we so she lit candles because we couldn't afford the lights, and lights got cut off and gas got cut off and one of the candles that burned through and we burned a whole house down. And so I ended up moving with uh. I ended up moving with my coaches, and so I was like, man, my coaches took me and they didn't have to do that, you know, they didn't have to take me in So I'm not going to say I felt obligated, but all of a sudden the same time, I'm like these everybody wanted to see me play and not have to fly out or go anywhere. So it was it was a lot of decisions, man. And then too, they just came off of a I think the Gator Ball they played at Florida and the Gator Bowls, like the two thousand and something like that. Yeah, and then we played in the I played in two Gator and then peace bawl.
Speaker 5: When you so you talk about being homeless, you're losing your house all that, and then you know, having the success you did in the NFL and have this entrepreneurial spirit you had, Where did that come from? Because obviously, given the circumstances you just laid out for everybody, it would be easy to fold and go into this life that you know, you should probably see a lot of people around you going into what was different for you?
Speaker 1: It was it was different man, because you like when we when I was growing up, you started seeing like all the dealers and stuff drive up and they got benches, you know. But I'll say this though a lot of like the of the of the drug dealers and stuff where we grew up at They never let me stay around, so like if something was ever going down or something was around, they were telling me to leave the basketball court, get out of here, stay away. So it was it was actually the opposite of you know, everybody like, oh, come in here, do this, do this bad stuff. They like me, get out of here because they knew I had potential to go play on that level. Yeah, you know, that was a good kid and that was all. I was like really into sports and so believe it or not, man, it was just like take your little.
Speaker 5: As they tell you, Hey, something about to go down here.
Speaker 4: You out here?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no way.
Speaker 5: Leonard Fournette, I think he told a similar story growing up because he was so talented in high school and all that. There were like anytime any of that stuff was going to go down there like hey, you got to get out of here. That's kind of a nice little deal.
Speaker 4: When did you know you were going to be a guy in the NFL, Like while you're playing in college.
Speaker 5: Well, probably knocks for people unconscious and.
Speaker 1: So uh my after that game that I had my sophomore year was my first big interview with ESPN because I was like ranked in the country now coming out in high school? Do I got no media training? Like, we don't where I come from, We didn't never, no one ever put a camera in our face and tell us what to say. So at that point I'm speaking from the heart right, So the reporter come up this. Remember they had the old school tape recorders and the recorder and they let you talk. So we pres tate recorder, got us no pad. Right here in the ESPN guy said, do you play? You play the game hard? You know, you got a lot of passion out there, Like what what made you get in the Why do you play like this? What made you get into football? I said, sir, I can do anything I want anybody, and I go to jail.
Speaker 5: Sorry, could you hey, just being like a six foot two hundred pound offensive lineman reading that news article, Still you're playing him next week?
Speaker 1: He pressed it, He pressed it stop butting it. Just looked at me thirty second dude, you go to jail like you get in trouble. But I think I think, for me, honestly that the truth is. Now look back on it and understand what I Why I said that, and you know why I came up is because it literally those two hours of practice or games, it was my way of getting away to everything I was dealing with. Yeah, right, so I get I get two hours to go out there and like unleash on anybody, right, And so that's what I meant. I didn't. I didn't. I could have framed that, you know, a lot better, but at the time I said that because that's that's what I believed in. I was like, man, I get this chance to go out there and like do what I love to do and like not get in trouble for it. And so it just came across wrong with the truth is that's why I started playing.
Speaker 4: Like, when you're in college and obviously you're close to home, what are the things you're dealing with outside of having those two hours or having that escape for football.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the biggest thing for me, man, is that those two hours I forgot about everything. As soon as I walked off the field, I knew I was gonna come home to an eviction. Notice we'll come home, maybe the life were gonna be out, we didn't have food, But those two hours I didn't think about it at all. And then so one day my high school coach had noticed that I was. I was losing some weight and because we didn't we didn't have food, and so he, you know, then he started kind of stepping in, and you know, my dad wasn't Me and my dad got a pretty good relationship now, but he wasn't around at the time, and so he started to you know, take care of you things, make sure we had food, and got us got me a computer so I can start doing my homework and stuff like that. So at that time, I was my It was my first time talking about like how I was living. Matter of fact. So Mike Loxley was the head coach now in Maryland. He was a runner back coach at Maryland at the time. He recruited me, and so he's a head coach now Maryland. We were we were in such back con dishes. When I committed to Maryland, Ralph Frieding and Locksley was going to come to my place, but we stay. It was so bad that I didn't want them to see where where I live. So I committed to them and they never took a home visit or anything like that. I would always tell them that I'll come to the school because I didn't want them to see where and how I was living, and so he didn't even really know until later on that we were living in those conditions because I was just for me. I was embarrassed, you know. I was embarrassed to let people know that we were living like that, you know. And so looking back on it now, in a weird way, you like thankful, you know, I mean like thankful for a little bit because it gave me another layer of skin that most people don't have, you know. And when you talk about the stuff I got going now, like it was like a preparation for all the stuff that I'm doing now.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure you don't do this a whole lot, because anybody who has an entrepreneurship spirit usually just looks onto the next thing. Yeah, but if you ever do have an opportunity, you're sitting in your house, in your living room and it's nighttime, and you just think to your wow, look what I like. Look what I've made versus what I've come from. It just adds so much to your story and how cool of the story it.
Speaker 4: Is it is.
Speaker 1: I I used to because I always hated the rags to riches. I like, like, dude, So you're right, that's exactly how I looked at it because it was almost it was always like the next thing, and I get up the next days the next thing, next thing, next thing. And then you do get those subtle moments, especially when you come and somebody from your past, like an old friend, old somebody who knew you back then, and they see your house now, right, they see how you're living and see you know that you got all these amazing things going on from in the media, that you get that real quick reminder of what you have gone through.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how speaking of seeing old people, how did your relationships change as you started to find success in money with these guys like you, like you get drafted right first round. People want to come see you in San Diego at the time where the charges were playing, like how did you navigate those hands out and being hey, you gotta help us out? You know how we helped you. Yeah, maybe a couple of those guys that said hey, leave the basketball court. They want to put their hand out and say, hey, we helped you with all this.
Speaker 1: It's tough, especially when you come from where we came from, because there's a certain level of like you owe me right for being a friend, or somebody that that might have loaned your coat or something at that time. Now they want a car. You're like, hold on, man, you let me use a coat for two weeks. Right now you want a car. I mean, you know, it's a weird believe it or not. Mean, it happens more when you come from that area, those type of areas, it happens a lot. And so what I did do was I took care of my high school. You know, donated probably overall, probably three hundred and fifty thousand of my high school, built them a new gym, they got new fields and stuff like that. I did all that. So everybody that kind of took care of me, like my coaches, you know, help them get a new house. You know. So everybody who took care of me at that time, I took care of everybody else immediately. That was the first thing. I bought my house, bought my car, But the first thing I did was everybody who took care of me and helped me get there when I didn't have shit. I was like, I'm taking care of them first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about the people trying to come back into the fold where it's like you obviously have certain boundaries with people, but people that are beyond that boundary, who are trying to get in the mix as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, you know who I felt was going to be the first one because I told you my dad wasn't around. I felt my dad was going to be the first one to pop up. Yeah, you know, and he didn't.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about when you were like, I didn't necessarily have a good relationship with him. You have a good relationship with m Yeah. I'm curious at how that started to come about.
Speaker 1: So I talked to I talked to my dad one time on the phone. So I didn't see my dad from the ages of ten or eleven till the first time I talked to him on the phone when I was eighteen, and I didn't see him see him in person until I was twenty six or twenty seven. So I didn't see my dad in person from ages of ten to twenty seven. I reached out to him. I reached out to him my Freshmania a versity Maryland because I had questions. I just like, you know, like you got you wanted personality trades. Do you like this? And you know, one of the first things we talked about is like he's always slept with the TV on, and I was like, damn, I can't sleep the TV off. Yeah, So it was you know, little things like that, and so anyway, we talked. We talked for four hours on the lick, three or four hours on the phone, and he said, look, I'm not gonna be that way. I wouldn't around this my this is my address, this is my number. Reach out and call me whenever you want. But I'm not gonna be that guy, you know. So I respected that, and so I didn't see him to my final game in Buffalo. This is one of the reasons I'm first I might even talking about this, one of the reason why I retired, and Buffalo actually offered me to come back for two years. Doug Whaley did and I was like, I'm done. When I knew I was going to retire, my dad I called him and I said, hey, he never seen a game, He's never came a game before. So he drove from Atlanta to Buffalo and it was my first time seeing him. I was staying downtown Buffalo. He came, his wife came up the elevated walked around. I seen her first and my dad was walking like super slow around the corner and he was just like bawling because I for the last first last te I seen him when I was ten years old. And so anyway, you know, we came up and you know, we hugged and we talked and stuff a little bit, and uh, he took he had a jacket on. And so we had like three of the same tattoos in the same areas, just different like I, uh, I got a money thing here. He had the same one, but it was smaller. Yeah, it's the weirdest thing. We had three of the same tattoos in the same area, dude, And I've never seen him since I was ten years old. See, it was the freakiest thing. And then after we started to talk a little bit more. You you can never repair if fully right, you can't make it really make up that time. But now we got up. We got a pritty your relationship.
Speaker 5: And that was the last football game you ever played. Yeah, and I retired right after really really, and so what was the reason why you didn't want to go two more years?
Speaker 1: Well, I told I told my achilles, and so I could still play. Dude, when you tell the achilles, you lose your exploit, Like you can't push off, like he wants to and no mobility starts hurting every It was all of it, and you know I just wasn't. I wasn't the same anymore. And I couldn't. For me, I was so damn competitive. I couldn't take being averaging, you know, going out there, even if even if Buffalo was gonna pay me, I just couldn't. I couldn't take because and they knew it, like Buddy nixt like, yo, you're not what you was, but we need you in the locker room. Like it's a locker room. God said, dude, I can't watch that shit on film.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't put that out there.
Speaker 5: Talk to me about that feeling though when you turn on the film and if you think to yourself, man, I that angle I used to take, I could get that guy or I could cover that thing like that. And then all of a sudden you're watching You're like, bro, it's just not there anymore. What did that? What is that feeling like? And when did you like notice it?
Speaker 1: I think I think for US athletes, we're the last ones that always always know we need to retire, like everybody, like everybody said, like dude, like come on, yeah, Mike Rabel.
Speaker 5: He when he had to retire, he literally came home and his wife was like, you see this, Like you gotta be done. Yeah, He's like, oh shit, are you serious? So you're right, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's how that's how it was. And we had a uh, we had a rookie that came in. We were in training camp and the rookie, I know, gave play linebacker. He was like, you know, three or four behind me, was trying to make the team as a special teams guy. And uh, he said in the middle of training camp, he said, man, I just I got to tell you man, you know, you're one of my favorite players in like high school. And I was thinking, I was like, shit, what two three? And I was doing, you know, doing the math, and I was thinking to myself, like, man, it's about that time. You know, it's about that time. And so I ended retiring after that year.
Speaker 4: Coming into the league being a first rounder, talk about talk about your time like when you first burst on the scene.
Speaker 1: I you know, what's what's crazy is that he was talking about Vernon like me and Vernon had some epic battles in practice, just stud and we had a fence outside and the students used to go up to the fence and like cut holes in the in the thing just to watch me and Vernon go and do one on ones. It was a line every day we did one on ones outside of practice to watch me and Vernon.
Speaker 4: Like go at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I felt like, you know, going against Vernon every day. And then Vernon was just Cox. It was strong dude, like just Vern's like the most physical Freakis player that I ever play him at Rama Antonio cramartin the two Freakings players I played with. And so when I got there, I think, like, okay, I've seen Vernon. Then you got Antonio Gates, you know, sitting right in front of your practice, and like god damn, you know. And so I walked in. I was late. I was late to camp because I had an injury clause. And so I'm seeing everybody talk Cluton, Philip, They're talking shit about me in the media, like he should be here. Who does he think he is? It was like just my rookie year, and I didn't go to any mini camp. I showed up two weeks before the first game. I did Old c Yeah, this old CBA, this was yeah before this whole CBA thing changed, and you know, they injury clause in my contract that I didn't want to go out there and do anything because if I got hurt, then they didn't have to pay technically because of the contract, and it was more of like a good faith thing. And I was like, no, that's not a bit yeah, And so I finally we got the contract situate. I got there and it was like a week and a half, two weeks before the first game, not recent game, but I remember everybody talking shit in the like Philip and everybody should usually should be here, And I said, dude, this first day I get up there, somebody getting their ass handed to him. First day, whoever it is. And so we got we got. The first day I got there was pad. We had a first padded practice. We had almost four or five thousand fans in practice, and everything I did crap. I was going over the bags just you'd have thought I scored. Every time I did something right. Fans just going crazy because that was the first time they saw me out there. We go to one on one pass rushing drills with the running backs and full backs, which is the most unfair drill for running all yeah, unless you got Lorenzo Neil, right, Yeah, so I didn't. I didn't give a damn who was in front of me. Somebody was gonna somebody was gonna get it because I have this pent up anger because I'm sitting at home and back in Maryland and I'm seeing all these like he should be here and know all that ship. And so we go out there and my first one on one is against Lorenzo O'Neil, and I went and boom, blew him up, low nill he falls over. I stepping over him, you know, hyping it up, just throwing gas from the fire. And it was the worst mistake ever made ever. Why Lorenzo O'Neil, bro listen, you're going into that.
Speaker 4: Rep thing and there's no for a dode.
Speaker 1: I'm not making move on running straight through it was there was no half man nothing. I went straight down the middle, blew him up, and I mean, the crowd's going crazy. I go back around and I'm going against I'm in the front line about to go again. It's somebody else up there, but Nzo Neil grabbed him, picked him up, and then pushed him out the way so he can go again. And at that moment I said, oh ship, I said something, something.
Speaker 5: Doesn't feel right here, something something Maryland High School people would have been like, you go ahead and take him.
Speaker 1: So I went up again and I tried to pull the same mess I did the first time. No no shake, half man. I was right down the middle. And when I did that, low Nell stood me straight up in the air, and I felt like my blood rushed to my finger you know that tingled your arms that I had nothing my fingers. Both arms I never had, you know, typically would get a stinger in one shoulder, one armed. Both arms were just numb, and felt like my blood had left my back of my body went all the way to the front of my face. Dude, I my face was burning, itching, and I was like, oh my god. And so after that, me and O'Neill came up with this thing that we had a brother in law. The brother in law yeah, yeah, because we realized that if we kept doing that, somebody wouldn't gonna make it to the game. We knew we had it like, so we had it out. That was the last time I ever tested Loneill. He's the worst mistake that I ever did in my life. Still to this day, dude, that's the worst, but.
Speaker 4: Maybe the sacrifice for the best kind of business move because now you're not having to Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was a vet move. And so I think that when we when we did that, every time that they ran a power or something like that, we just got within a few in each other and just let up. I got my spot. He got in this spot where good coaches said nothing to us after that at all, because they knew if we kept banging like we were, somebody wasn't gonna make it to the game. And Loneill is the realest you ever want to deal with. But I think it at that time, and then I didn't know this. Two years later, Antonio Gates said that the tight ends were watching that in the meeting. Roybody, shit, I ain't blocking his ass.
Speaker 5: As a rookie too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, damn bro.
Speaker 5: Did he say anything? Do you after that rep?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But you know, I started to work out with O'Neil every day after practice. Lodill was twelve years in at this time. I'm a rookie dude, and I couldn't keep up like low Neil was just on a different planet. And so I just got with him and I started training with him ever, like three four days a week after practice we would go hit it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was the hardest work on that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 4: You guys had some fucking squads, bro. It was always surprising that you guys just didn't get over that hump man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know what kind of because like we all put this these emphasis on championships, right, and but I will say this, and I know the Patriots you know, won rings and stuff during that time. I think in that mid two thousands we were the best team that never want to changemionship and within that you know, two thousand and five twenty ten range, we were so dominant. I mean, hell man, our practices some days were harder because we had Marty shot Hummer dude. And Marty was a type that you love him to death. But Marty was a hard ass. You know, he had his times where in training him, he'll just gonna tap you and just have you doing Oklahoma drills with with the lineman or running back like before practice. This is the this is the pro. Yeah, pre practice, pre practice fully warmed up, not even once you go through the warm ups, no drills. No, it was like soon as you warm up. We went over to the other field. That's Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: Dre call the boys up, call, Hey, here's what we got here, and these calls.
Speaker 4: Out two numbers, that's it.
Speaker 1: And you got a defensive lineman, an offensive lineman or linebacker, and a full back and it just smacked.
Speaker 5: It that dude, is that not the ultimate judgment? Like when they when the coach calls it up, it's like, all right, we got five to one and seven seven going out of here. In the Oklahoma drill, you're just like a hi. Either you're thinking yourself bro, like this dude's a beast, or you're thinking like, if I don't win this, I'm gonna catch hell forever. And it's basically just hey, you guys got to prove it to me right now.
Speaker 1: And you got everybody watching everybody, so you can if you got practice, somebody block you or something. It's covered up maybe on film maybe, but if you get blasted in Oklahoma drills and everybody's around you, everybody.
Speaker 5: They're jumping over you to get to the guy, and hey, hey hell yeah yeah, what were the meeting rooms?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Was he exposing a lot of guys Like if you fucked up in practice, we are sitting there and you're like, please, God, don't go to this place.
Speaker 1: So he he was like the Marty can get you to run through a wall. Like he gave these speeches that you want you would get up. I don't care what your day was like, you were getting up and you were running through a damn wall. But he always had this thing where he would if he got too emotions, he would he would start tearing up and cry it a little bit. Right, So we had this, uh, we had this thing in the team meeting room. If we had a good game and we're watching the film, you're talking about the film and he's pointing out either good or black bad plays. But when he's pointing out the good is when he started to get like that. So we out we got this thing. We started to bet, right, So everybody's bringing twenties, got hundreds. It's thousands of dollars flowing around, so everybody got cash. In the team meat room and we were it was a clock right behind Marty and we would look at this clock and we say over another a minute and a half before he cries.
Speaker 5: Right, just a minute and a half.
Speaker 1: Ninety second, No, just ninety seconds. Because so after he looked at the film and he said, you know a guy a big hustle play or running through or jumping over a pile or touchdown something big where a guy like laid his body on the line. He would get emotion about these type of things. So we we had this thing. Oh dude, it was.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: It was like clockwork, true football guy, no straight football guy, one hundred percent. And so we all got hundreds and twenty sowe I'm I'm I'm coming in there about five hundred bucks because we're we're betting now. At this point, the clock is right behind him. So soon as he turn around from Washington play the time is it starts. And so we got got in there. And then before he started to tear up, his bottom lip would always start to tremble a little bit, right, so we know it's coming. So you hear us. And then we're looking at the clock because the clock is right behind them, and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, damn you.
Speaker 1: Everybody like because they either lost or they won, right, and so you hear the guys in they're upset, and so all you hear is this crinkled up money passing down. Let's fuck you, dude. So you know some time I walk out of there with a couple of grand Dude, I'm like, oh, that's a minute and twenty.
Speaker 5: When did he find out he had?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 1: He did? Uh, probably like the fourth or fifth time, and uh, we say right when he turned around, he's like, I know you mother's betting on it, and so we we burst out start laughing, dude, because we knew that he had found out that we're betting on him. Whether he was going to cry now, but I miss Marty Man.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He was something else. He really he really, like you knew, like he was tough as nails, but he'll walk up to you in training camp sometime and just tap you. But hey, take you know, take the nine oh seven off. Yeah, he'll take whatever drills off to rest your body and stuff like that. So we had a tough part about him. But then he had, you know the other side.
Speaker 5: He would go to some guys that put in the work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It says a lot too, like head coaches who can still motivate you through a speech, because you feel like when you go through college, you've heard all this stuff right, and then as you taste the business of the NFL, you know, it kind of gets outside the whole scope of the team all the time. So coach, it's able to like make you feel something in this speech. I remember the first time I heard John Gruden give a speech when I was out in Oakland. It was like my seventh year, I think, and I just remember being like motivated after a practicing back. Man, it's kind of been a while since I felt like, yeah, somebody made me feel something, like.
Speaker 5: I know, because usually I mean, especially with like Vrabel, who had for the longest time, he would always he wasn't like a motivator like tell a story, get you amped up, but he was a guy that like just always had the keys and everything. This is what we have to do to win, blah blah blah, and then we just send us out. Very rarely in the NFL do you feel that, like you know, Friday Night Lights have of motivation type ship. But in high school, bro high school coaches, I feel like if the best speeches.
Speaker 1: I think, I think now with the NFL, everything is so like technical you so you don't get like the emotional, passional, passionate speeches. You get like you know this many times you know this many percentages and breaking down numbers and shit like you got a handful of coaches still have that that passion gets you know, gets you up and run through a wall. But for the most part, it's like, you know, culture, take the sheet out and like, hey, we were thirty seven percent of sudden says down. Yeah, right, you get what I'm saying. So it's become a lot more technical, like, yeah, a lot more data driven.
Speaker 5: Guys are trying to figure stuff out because I feel like the game has become sober fine, like everyone is so much faster, stronger, bigger, and techniques have gotten a lot better too, So everyone's trying to find that small little thing. You see a couple of years ago with the Patriots doing the field goal bringing a guy from the sideline and running in. That was like a new little wrinkle they throwed, and so every once in a while there's a new change. But yeah, it's very much on the on the numbers. It's a very numbers game.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take a break from the episode this ball season. Don't walk around with helmet hair like a total rookie. You've been in the game long enough to know that how you wear your hair matters and just because your team's mascots of Wolverine doesn't mean you have to look like one up top. Keep your head in the game and go to sport Clips. Their pro stylists have mastered the X and os of men's hair, so you can get that tight fade tight fade while kicking back and watching some fade routes on TV. It's called a hail Mary, not a hair marry. So don't just go anywhere. Head over to the pros and Men's Hair that they will have a perfectly crafted game plan to make you look your best, no halftime adjustments needed. Remember the difference between an okay cut and a great cut is called sport clips. It is a game changer. Back to this episode, one thing that.
Speaker 5: Hasn't changed though is rookie hazing. Yeah, and it has changed a little bit, Like you're not as hard as it used to be. But back in your day, what was that rookie hazen like your rookie year, Because I feel like.
Speaker 4: What you talked about being cocky's probably one of those asshole rookies too, where it's like, come.
Speaker 5: On, bro, just be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Just at guys come in, they'll be like yo, I'm not doing this. Sh It's like, yeah, God showed the cycle, like okay, so.
Speaker 1: This so okay.
Speaker 4: So this is the thing.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: I was like if a guy asked me to carry hell man pick stuff up, no problem. But then you got some of the guys that like go over board, and I'm like, no, I'm still a man, you know, for I'm not you know.
Speaker 5: Exactly what we thought.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 4: Loos like good luck, yeah, and it was that.
Speaker 1: It was that, you know, I had big Jamal Way in to play detackle for us. We had we had Randall Godfrey and Donnie like Donnie Edwards. We had some real o gs and the locker room. So they told me to pick some stuff up off the field. That no problem. But then you have to put your foot down and say listen, bro, like enough's enough. I mean what I mean, like, what are you gonna do at this point? And then you ask him it's like okay, at.
Speaker 5: The end of that, no one really wants to fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what they did do to me though, They they got me with that rookie dinner. Dude, Oh how much thirty thirty two RECs no way, whole defense, whole team, so everybody, So yeah.
Speaker 4: Because now this guy, I feel like he's broken up off defense.
Speaker 1: No, it's so they I think they changed it after me. It was either me, it was either a dude it was it was it was a record that you don't want to have, you know, And so I think it was either me or Davis Bryant. But so they got there. And if you're four years in which you've vested after four years, right that wong two. After four years, you were invited to this rookie dinner and normally the first round draft pick he pays. And yeah, I told this story, you know a few different times. Man, But long story show. We go to this place in Delmark called Pop and Moose Grill and I have no idea. But I just turned twenty one that season, so I got no idea, like what all this stuff costs. And you know, like bottles, don't understand it. Ud Like Drew Brees got me with like two or three the bottles of wine. It were like a thousand apiece and I got, dude, I'm thinking of wine, and so I'm saying wine in the liquor store. You think, like, okay, it's one hundred bucks to whatever, Max, you know, and you find out those are thousands, and he's sitting there with bout two bottles and then in his hand like that. But me, Jamal Williams and uh and Antonio Gates was drinking like this alcohol that I didn't know at the time called Louis de bro they ordered, so they ordered one. My dumb ass, I ordered two more than not knowing how much it was, you know. So anyway we go and everybody's eating good and all this other stuff. At the end of the night, the owner of the restaurant come and say, Sean, need to see you in the back. I was like, for what, like, bring around, ye, I'm at the chef.
Speaker 7: You know, the chef.
Speaker 1: He's a fan fan, all right, Yeah, No, that wasn't the case. He was like, man, I need to I need to see you in the back. And I'm getting frustrated at this points. I already told him twice. I said just bring the bill, man, I'm trying to, you know, get out there. So she said, please just do me a favor of calling me in the back. So I going back in the kitchen area and he gives me. He gives me this receipt. Dude, to drop down like a safeway or see es to my feet cartoon, Oh dude, to my feet. I couldn't believe. And I was like, man, y'all, you need a mistake or something like did you accidentally print it too many times? I didn't know what was going on, and so anyway, I looked at the bottom of this thing and I lifted up and I got finally got to the bottom and it was like thirty two grand, one hundred and something dollars or something. In my heart just I just dropped. My heart dropped to my socks. I mean, I literally my heart because I've never seen anything like this before in my life. So you know, when the bill bad and I don't know if you guys ever did this or not, but if you're out with a group of people and somebody who's trying to divide the bill up and stuff, you start looking at him like, dude, I didn't order garlic mash potatoes, Like the bill's thirty two grand? What the hell is? Like? What does it matter at that point? Right? But I'm so I'm sick and I'm trying to get out of this bill, and uh so I got my I got my black card, I gave him my black cart and I'm hoping.
Speaker 5: Old on all right, Yeah, that's a nice little flex, but because one car, only one with a black car.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping. I'm praying to God to this sting the clines. I'm praying for the one time you know, you're somewhere, you're traveling and you like man that Yeah. So I'm I'm literally in my head, I'm begging for this thing to the decline. Dude, I'm like, please, if they called me and then I give me enough time to go and work work a deal out or work the bill out, and they I gave it to him, and I'm and I'm hoping that when he comes back, he says, hey, you got to call him. And I was going to tell him, like, I'll just call him tomorrow or something. And just I worked the bill out separately. Something down the road. They had me and that ship went through. Nobody called me, No, no one from American Express called me at all. Bro.
Speaker 4: I was so sick.
Speaker 1: I was so sick. I couldn't believe it. And uh, I just I was so that whole day, but my stomach was just nots I couldn't believe that just happened was.
Speaker 5: Back then, were they added gratuity already already at yeah, because it would have been way worse.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think I had the stomach to put my pen in that paper and at a tip like at that time. I don't think I could have done.
Speaker 5: You know, dude, my rookie, my rookie dinner. I literally my credit was so bad, I had, you know whatever. I was a first round draft pick, but my credit was so bad that I had my credit card with one thousand dollars max on it for the month. So I'd like call my bank and be like, hey, I'm doing a rookie dinner to night. I need you to get that max. It was like two hours, two hour process. It's like five grand.
Speaker 4: I wish thirty two is nothing. I remember it's like twenty something when I was thirty two is a lot. Because it'd be like they'd have the draft picks and like that. I want to say it was like the top two or three rounds, like they'd split it. Yeah, be like twenty something grand, but they'd split it. I haven't seen like a thirty two. Yeah. I never even hurt like anything over sixteen, Like thirty two is coo.
Speaker 1: It was disgusting. I mean it was, it was.
Speaker 5: It was what we would do is we would get like towards the end, we would get the rookies, have them come in, we go to a nice place, and then we get Louise shots for everybody. But we would tell the restaurant like, hey, just do one Louis shot for whoever's paying for the dinner, and then just bring the rest of us like you know, plastic. Yeah, I had something ridiculous fuck with And then like we were telling them, hey, am that bill up? So the bill would be like you know, at the end, like we would do like thirteen hundred fourteen hudred bucks. It won't be that much, but would make it look like ten thousand, fifteen thousand dollars. So they'd be sweating and hurt and you get to see the pain in their face and then you'd be hey, man, it's all good. Take a zero off that year.
Speaker 1: If my bill was ten thousand, I would have been happy as hell. Really, oh man, I would have been excited. I would have been so happy if that bill was ten k. God, because thirty two, man, it was like a you know, at that time. The most expensive thing I would have bought was a house. Yeah, and I didn't. Well, I bought a car, but outside of that, I had nothing that expensive.
Speaker 5: And what was that first car you were driving in, Rookie.
Speaker 1: G Wagon and I bought it. I bought the g Wagon one hundred and fifty right there, Yeah about that, And I said that the West Coast customs, you know when I got when I got out there decked out g wagon. But I got that car. I got that truck because of LeVar Arrington, who was who was my mentor, my bigger brother, my older brother, and I remember he at the time, he was and Serena and they were coming to my games, so Vaarn Serena Williams. They were coming my football games. And so he would drive up on the field, bro and that thing. And I just look over and I was like, man, when I get some money, man, I'm I'm gonna get one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Is that your first big purchase?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a ride off too, treo or five thousand pounds businessman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll let them. I'll left it. At that time, but I was blown. I was blowing it up. So I ain't good ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were definitely the rookie showing up day one with the Louis bag, Gucci.
Speaker 4: Gucci new chain, the whole thing, no doubt, the most expensive piece of jewelry you bought.
Speaker 1: I had one hundred thousand dollars chain, like one hundred.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was definitely wearing a lot of jewels.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You know he spent a lot of money with that first photo they popped up with their little landing strip right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah about that fashion that went on right there, I had about that was about seventy right there, sixty or seventy, but I had one it was one hundred. No ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you ever hazing the rookies? Not?
Speaker 1: You know what I used to do to guys. I would I would have to break my There's the only thing I really did. I would n't break my cleats. And because I had it wearing new shoes, so I would let them get the blisters and ship, you know, like you have them wear them, yeah, for a practice for practice, and they've given them me no ship. Yeah. Yeah, I'd be so mad.
Speaker 5: If someone's like, you need to wear these cleats, I'm like, bro, I have to breaking my own.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was, but that was that was as far as I got. I didn't do anything more than that.
Speaker 5: Dude, talk to me about So you're you're out in the Northeast, you're in Maryland, and then you get drafted about the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Were you just like so hyped up? Have you been to California before this time?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Never? The only time? Well, I take that back, I did on my visit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so do I never even see the top thirties. Yeah, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And so we got there when they when they brought me out, I never seen like palm trees and stuff like that in person. That was my first time like actually seeing right, you know, So going over and you see you know that peb area and you see all the water, and I said, dude, this is like a dream. Yeah. Yeah, if I wish I could get drafted here, this is like paradise.
Speaker 4: You didn't care to go all the way across the country.
Speaker 1: No, No, In fact, I wanted to because you know, high school in Maryland, college in Maryland, so I actually wanted to go, you know, got them on the West coast. So I took the trip to Dallas, I took to the trip to Detroit, the Charges and then then Redskins at the time because they were home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I met with them three four and they told me, they said, look, if we don't think you'll be around the twelfth pick, we think we'll go somewhere in the top five, top seven, definitely top ten. Anything I would get outside that top ten. But I said, if you do, we're gonna We're gonna draft you. This is coming from A. J. Smith, that's the time the general manager.
Speaker 4: Where'd you think you were going when you were coming in the draft?
Speaker 1: Either one of San fran or three to Cleveland. I thought I was going to either one of those. Yeah, if I didn't go there with so many options because I came out and I was like two seventy all the scouts initially thought I was like around two forty five, and I waited in a two seventy two. So now you had they didn't know if I was gonna play outs on linebacker defensive end. They couldn't believe I was moving around like that at that size, you know, so they just you know, So so now it went from like possibly going top fifteen to like now that top five to seven, and so yeah, man, I thought I was gonna go one of San Francy got Alex Smith went and then three to Cleveland. They chose Braylor Needwards.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then the then Redskins that year got who they got. They got Calos Rogers right the cornerback from like Auburn, Auburn right. And then I went to go meet with Dallas. And the thing is with Dallas, I met with Jerry Jones and Bill Bill Parcells. So they told me that they want to draft me.
Speaker 4: You're thinking Bill Parcells yet you're thinking you're about to have the star on your on the side of your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude. The room that the office that me and me, Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells, and it was probably about the size of this bus, like this just how tight it felt really, And you got like Jerry Jones sitting right there. You got Bill Parcells sitting there, dude. And I'm a twenty I don't even think I was twenty one yet. I think I was twenty and I'm sitting there and do you could like I felt, it was two pop big powerhouses in the room. And you got Bill Parcells was just tough as nails, and you got Jerry Jerry Jones sitting right there, and so Jerry's like sitting with sitting up on the desk with his leg up on the desk and say, you know, Sean, if you you know, if you if you're there an eleven pick, we're gonna we're gonna draft you. And then Bill Parcells tells me said, yeah, we're gonna draft you. We want you here. As soon as you get here, I'm gonna work your ass to death. This when he told me Bill Parcells. Bill Parcells said, as soon as you get here, we're gonna work your ass to death. And in my head, I'm thinking, like, man, I'm not trying to fuck. I'm not trying to come here.
Speaker 5: You know, real, no, no, just a little coaching, we're gonna work.
Speaker 4: That's good enough for me.
Speaker 5: Were you surprised going from like, well, this is a big spress for me. Is like being in college and seeing the facilities and then going to places I haven't been in the Charges facility in San Diego but notoriously a very cheap franchise, and so you kind of see all these other ones. Were you surprised at how maybe the Charges were or washed was compared to Dallas.
Speaker 1: Well, you you know. I mean, you always got this this thing with like America's team anyway, Like you got this a Dallas Cowboys, and people just knew they were like the team, the team. Yeah, and then you know it's Texas football in general is just a whole different beast. But then you got Dallas Cowboys. And for me, when I got to San Diego, it was more like, dude, I stepped I got off the plane. It was seventy five degrees and the best weather you can have asked. It was almost not real, Like it just didn't it didn't feel rich. Taxes Yeah, yeah, well, I mean, you know, but you make enough money, you're not thinking about that at the time. Now as much as I know now, I'm like.
Speaker 5: You know, right, goddamn, just going like, oh my god, you know.
Speaker 1: That Bill Parcel, like please work, my please work.
Speaker 5: Right in the state of Texas, I could have say so much money, Yeah, no doubt, dude. And it is crazy too because like I don't know, let's just say this, taxes were the same in Texas As or California was the same as tex Bro It beat the most overflooded state of all time. It is so beautiful, it is such a beautiful place, especially southern California.
Speaker 1: I still argue with people, I think the San Diego is the best places in the country.
Speaker 4: It might be like you know, I just a lot of people feel that way, especially when they've had like a month or two there. Ye yeah, yeah, I was just there two months ago for four or five days. Yeah, dude, you go.
Speaker 5: That's where I would train in the off season. I would go to Encinitas, Oh yeah, and I would be in Carlsbad at the Excess over there, And I was just like, dude, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It just seems like, you know, constant vacation on a permanent vacation living out there.
Speaker 5: So when you're so you're following in the draft, you think, one, how dope, wu it'd be to be the first overall pick in a draft, Like what a milestone? What an opportunity that comes and goes? Yeah, three comes, It's like, all right, it is Cleveland, but still top three would be insane. That goes where's your mind?
Speaker 4: Where your mind at?
Speaker 5: As you start essentially falling in this draft.
Speaker 1: Uh well, it moved to like six or seven because I think the Vikings had six or seven. Yes, they had seven that year, and so Mike type he played football at University of Maryland. So I thought it was gonna be Minnesota after that. Once once in Minnesota passed, I knew it was gonna be Dallas for or the charges like.
Speaker 4: You feel any type of way when they grabbed the Marcus ware, Not.
Speaker 1: Not really because you fall one pick and then all it wasn't you know, and there was also a team you wouldn't you wanted to go to? You get what I'm saying. So wasn't that. Now I'm mad because they told me what they told me. I went home and telling my family, right, you know that that part I was pissed off about because what happened was half my family was divided up between bit coming from the d m V area, between then Redskins fans and you know Dallas. It is rivalry, you know, bath my family half and half. So half my family was excited, other half my family was pissed off, you know. So what they did was is that my family was Dallas Cowboy fans. They went out got custom made fifty six merriment jerseys, and so my other men, the Redskins fans, spend the time, went out and got fifty six Ridskins jerseys. And so when the Radskins were the clock, which I think they were like the ninth pick or something like that, or ninth or tenth pick, ninth pick, they were on the clock, and uh, when they passed me, you just heard the win let let it out the oh shit, you know, kind of wasted a bunch of on custom jersey. Yeah, rip ripped the jerseys out the bag, threw them in the back. So you heard that part. And so the rest of my family was excited because they knew I was going just knew I was going to the Cowboys. Yeah, and so they guy, I hear the bags. So but because they're all taking the jerseys out of the out of out of the bags. And so the Cowboys passed me up, you heard the same thing, ship just slamming the you know, slamming the jerseys or whatever. And then and then I got a call from from Marty. And at this time, you know, like if you felt like people passed it, you got a chip point, you got a chip point you show. Not just the Cowboys, it was like everybody who passed up. So I felt like that out of chip my shoulder for that reason, and so Marty called me. He was like, hey, just Sean Raymon. I say, yes, this is Sean. Hey, this coach Schattenhammer. You ready to be a charger? And I was like, hell yeah, you guys ready to call me? Call my name so I can get out there and get to work. And after that it was it was kind of history.
Speaker 4: I was reading where what was the learning curve like for you when you did finally arrive at training camp? Obviously you was talking about Lorenzo and Neil and everything else, but I want to say I read or heard you talking about how basically there were structure in the game playing around you because you weren't necessarily privy to what was even going on on the field.
Speaker 1: Dude, I knew nothing, which is crazy. Dude, I knew nothing, and because I got there so late, and mind you, you know the playbooks, and I try to tell everybody like, the playbooks are this big, and when you play a stronger weekside linebacker, it changes depending on what side of the strength, so your whole responsibility may change. And then the game is so fast, you got guys motioning, shifting, and then Hutt, your mind is just I couldn't catch up, you know. And so finally I great MANASKI as up my linebacker coach.
Speaker 4: He was my DC in Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coach due with the best, the best, the best dude and the character beyond believe.
Speaker 4: On the board he was. He's like one of the most fun coaches I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best and uh. And then John Pagano was also an assistant linebacker coach. Okay, and Waye Phillips was the court. I had a great I had a great, great coach that three different you know, one one of them obviously ended up being a head coach was a head coach. And Waye Phillips and you had Monusky, who has been around as a player, as a coach decordinator, and then John Pagano also as a coach defensive coordinator as well. So I really had like three really like great coaches. So they finally they knew I can play, They knew I can run and with fast and all this ship or whatever. They brought me after practice one day in a lineback of meeting room and Waye Phillips and Monusky sitting right here, and Pegana's sitting here, and Wade Phillips right here is like listen, seball gobo, And I'm confused. I'm thinking like they're playing, like they're testing me, right, because I don't know what that means. They said, we want you to see ball, go ball. I said, coach, what does that? What does that mean? They said, well, when you see the ball, go to it. We'll line you up. And that was it. So when they called the strength that they called a strong side, the weak side, blitch whatever I knew I had to go to the strength. And they say, your name is called, you go. And when your name is not called, you drop. That was my playbook for the first life four to six weeks.
Speaker 4: And when do you say when your name is called, is it baked into the call? Like is the Mike Backer saying.
Speaker 1: Yep a Sam Mike a Sam Mike blast right, So saying I'm strong side Sam, I'm blitching. If they said we'll cover three or whatever it is, my name not called, I got the drop a girl, drop a cirl flat.
Speaker 4: Even then it's just him answer that shakey. You want to make sure Sean's blitzing everything else? Am I going back to a hook.
Speaker 1: And look in his own dog. They shifted, you know, one of those things because it's the work is it's literally the worst feeling, like you don't know what the hell's going on, And so they made it so it was seaball go ball due for the first four to six week and that helped. Yeah, And then by like week six, I was able to be in a changeable, unchangeable on side. I didn't have to switch size anymore. I knew that if a shift was or the strength shift, then I can pick up on what the whale was supposed to do. Right, So by by week six, I was clicking.
Speaker 4: That's when you're feeling good.
Speaker 1: I was good.
Speaker 5: There is not a worst feeling in the world when a call is made and you're like trying to ask somebody what the hell you're supposed.
Speaker 1: To be doing. I was gonna blitz that like nomter failed, they failed, just get the sacked up. Oh yeah, good play, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. How many sacks did you get when you weren't even supposed to rush?
Speaker 1: Oh shit, probably at least ten?
Speaker 5: Probably, Yeah, like you have like thirty nine the first three years, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like thirty nine forty and then and that was when I was suspended, No six, you know, eight seventeen teen Sacks and No.
Speaker 4: Six h bro talk about the suspension, Yeah, I mean the lure, the mystery, Yeah, the sewn Merryman p the steroids getting injured afterwards, like the entire career of Sean Merryman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People always ask and talk about ped situation.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was so big at that time. I'll tell you the biggest thing because all that stuff was going with Balco. That's why it was so. It was so big. It was like when Valco was going after every like it was so big. The track Star, the track and Field remind me stuff that was the Victor CONTI like the track stars, Like who was actually going to see doctors in like clinics.
Speaker 4: Probably doctor in ohiot.
Speaker 1: This was this was massive. This was like the whole things where they were trying to tie Berry bonds. So this was like the big Yeah, this is Sosa. This was that era when all that happened. And so when I got suspended, I was like I got thrown right in the mix with all of them, and I was like, dude, I've never seen a doctor for ship, you know I got I got suspended for something that was over the counter, like like you can go to any vitamin shop or whatever. And what happened was that they put it on the list from the previous year. Wasn't there right, And so me being me, I didn't. I didn't look at anything. So when the PA sends out this new thing before and it was on there, there wasn't to shoot you the email all the bands, right, or they bring it into and they do that that talk before the year to come in. But I just I just balled it up and put it in my locker because I was like, it's been am not taking anything different. And so I actually got suspended during the off season. I got tested during the off season and at the time I was tested twenty times. This was my twentieth tests that I felt.
Speaker 4: And twentieth tests that you faded.
Speaker 1: I mean sorry, twenty test that I took, twentieth one that I felt the twentieth tests because they were testing ship on my like all the time, dude. They was like, hold on this rookie out here, like you know and so and so I got tested and two months before the season started, or a month and a half before season started, so it takes like six eight weeks before some time you get your results back. But I actually popped. I got suspended during the off season. I took my suspension during the season, at no point in time to ever test positive after that. It was that particular time during the off season of the supplements I was taken and I wasn't. It was on the band list, and I just didn't know. And and so when I sent everything in, I forgot the guy's name in Ohio who was who's the head of the he was the one to do the testing, and you talk to I forgot his name probably yeah, And so through the NFL and they said, Sean, look we understand, but whatever you put in your body is on you regardless. And I said, hey, could I mean cause you got just find me the four games and no suspect. I was trying to figure out a way because I sent him the supplement and he's like, yep, this is it, but it's it's on the it's on the list. I said, well, I'm not trying to beat the system here it is. I sent it to him.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I even hired how the attorney, and I hired some some doctors and scientists from U C.
Speaker 7: L A.
Speaker 1: I spent a ton of money to show them like I'm not trying to beat the system and what was this was cool? And I know Roger Goodell gets a lot of slack, but he did something he didn't have to do because he felt that that I was being unfairly treated because of this thing. You know, Roger Goodell actually came out and said he told the public that I had tested twenty twenty times, nineteen of them clean without a problem, and this is the twentieth time that I got it. And and I called him, I said, hey, I appreciate that, man. You didn't have to You didn't have to do that, because he also felt like, hey, look these are the rules, but how I was being treated at that time for that wasn't fair.
Speaker 5: Right, can you on like how you're being treated? You're just in you're just guilty and well.
Speaker 4: You know, so like people because you're not the only one with the PD suspensioned on the bus right. I did, I did, I had, I had a little Austrian incident. It was I went through the whole thing.
Speaker 5: I got tested in may Or, I tested in March, got tested again in April May March, was cleaned in April. I had like trace amounts for a thing called Austrian right, And I went through this whole. I did a lot of tector tests, like just trying to prove that I'm innocent, right, and you have to spend it anyway, right, to spend it four games?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so that's that's the thing. It's you know, they make it clear that they don't give it. Damn what you put like, it's you. Whatever you take, it's on you. And so I was like, you know, I get it, but at least you guys see what I was taking. I'm not trying to hide it. And they said, we get it, we understand, but you still put it in your body. It's on you. So and I don't know how long it took for you to get your your test back, but it took me like six to eight weeks about that, right. And so when I do this was happening. This is the craziest ship. So when I tested positive for for the PDS, I didn't get a letter from the NFL until after week one. We played the Raiders and this didn't help. We played the Raiders Monday night and I opened up with like three four sacks the first game of the year, right, going.
Speaker 4: Crazy, going you know that offensive line was like I knew it.
Speaker 1: Everybody like it's because you know, like you know, I was. I was big at the you know, like put together. So they look they're looking at it, like.
Speaker 4: Look at you. You don't say, bro.
Speaker 5: I was kind of jacked.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, you don't top of a brick wall. He said, what's up?
Speaker 5: Like god, damn, all right?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things where I got to four sacks and I came back. It was a Monday night game. We got back from Oakland Tuesday and I go on my locker and there's a fed X in my locker. So the only thing for that at the time that I knew. They said I was fine and a fed X, and I said, oh, should we just played yesterday so they can't find why they find me already? I was like, oh, they're starting this year again, you know, trying to come after me. And I opened up that letter and it showed exactly like what the you know, You've been suspended for this, this, this, this, And I'm looking at it like it's some kind of joke, because we do we play some sick jokes on each each other in the locker room. Do we play so many like just cruel, messed up jokes to each other. So I'm thinking like one of one of the linebackers or one of the DB's that like typed up some letter like I'm I'm really thinking they're playing around with me, you know. And I took it to the train of James Collins and I said, James, I said, this is not funny. Man, who's doing the ship? I said, what is this from? And he read? He said, yeah, it looks like you know, the NFL suspending you for I said that it's real. He said, yeah, shruck go. And I called my I call my agent. At the time, I'm freaking out. I don't know what the hell is going on. Gotta be a mistake. I'm thinking like it has to be a mistake.
Speaker 4: That rage is coming out. You know, we wrote this goddamn.
Speaker 1: Uh And so you know, I'm like, this thiss gotta be a joke. It's got to be something like, you know, because what I thought, like steroids needles, that's what you know. I'm like, from where I from, where where I come from. We don't know about that type of ship, you know. We bare looking afford food like, we ain't buy no extra steroids if we're buying something that was gonna be food. Yeah, And so I didn't know that life. So I always started like, well, this got to be wrong because I didn't. I'm not shooting nothing in my ass. And so later on I ended up finding out that there can't. There's stuff stimulants and all kind of shit and other stuff tainted.
Speaker 4: It's a whole different world.
Speaker 1: It's a whole different world.
Speaker 4: Any like nutrition of any supplement store you walk into.
Speaker 1: Yeah something yeah, yeah, and it's that one little dyna like the's a long name, right, And I'm like, I'm not a signist. How am I supposed to know that this means steroids? You know? You just don't know. So anyway, you just knew it was helpful. I just knew it got got me extra workout.
Speaker 4: In season, work out. Hey, Kathy's crazy, and this one I go all day.
Speaker 5: I was like, my bench is gone up fifty pounds.
Speaker 1: Like I said, they're curling two hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: You're running around the facility confused. People are like, come on, man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, no, for real, And so I got I was suspended. They gave me an option, which was which was really dope, and so I peeled it because we wanted to figure out like what was what was wrong. We had to pill it so we wouldn't just take it right away. But what I did was I looked at the schedule and saw who we had there, and we had a four game stretch and at the time, they wasn't that good. We had at the Bengals, the Browns, we had four teams. It wasn't good. So the team was basically like, Okay, we don't need you these weeks. So I took my I dropped the appeal, and I took my suspension. So I didn't even fight it anymore because it was like, again, you're gonna take a lot of teche. You can do whatever you want, right They're gonna suspend you even now, like it's.
Speaker 4: The NSF certified, but they even say even if an NSF certified, it's still on you, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a whole bunch of batches. I could go on for thirty minutes. I'm gone through the whole entire process.
Speaker 1: So like you you know that first of all, people look at us anyway, they think we all on some shit. I mean, the regular person, you know, look at this way, and he got to be on whatever, right because they can't understand like some of us is is just were just built differently. We're working out six seven days a week where our bodies are trained to do. So the regular person, I was already like and then me on top of that, out there playing and acting the way I was, it was like, yeah, him for sure, you know. And so I was like, God, damn, you almost get you get tagged with that no matter what. And I came back and I had more sacks when like so, I didn't test even during the season. I didn't test positive. This is during the off season. And what I can what I found out it stays in your system for like a few weeks up to thirty days. It stays in your system. So never tested it for anything during the season. But when I came back, I was so pissed off, like I had a chip on my shoulder at that point. I was because I read all this stuff and dude, I was it was on CNN, like Al Jazeera, like it was everywhere. It was. Dude, it was so big at the time, I didn't know who the hell how Jazeera was I'm like, wow, is he talking about Like I don't even know what it was like international news and it was so big. So when I came back, I was like, really really pissed off. I was really mad. So I ended up having more sacks when I came back than to when I when I left you and that really just pissed people off more. And the fact that I made the Pro Bowl and then it was up like to like top three Fenisy defensive play of the Year. They made that rule where you can't go to the postseason if you get suspended or have anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't do Yeah, he still was a Pro Bowler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which I want to thank you for that, because twenty nineteen I got suspended and it was my best year of football I ever played.
Speaker 1: And literally they did yes, so they put that uh that merriment rule up. And again this is when you know, Roger Goodell came out and was like, this is not you know, this is not fair.
Speaker 5: This what prompted Godell to do that for you?
Speaker 4: Why do you think that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that because I met with him before and I was around him a lot.
Speaker 4: So in the heat was high, like you're saying at the time with baseball, track and everything else. Yeah, and you were like at the I mean you were a star, like you were on commercials.
Speaker 1: Like you yeah, yeah, and that that's all of that really amplified all of it. And so when you're already out there and you're visible and people see you and then something like that happens, it's like magnified, you know, beyond belief. And so I was really pissed off when I came back. I had to you know, finished up the season, and then they had they made that made that rule. And then that's when Jason Taylor on these guys were Jason Taylor won that year, and Jason Taylor was like talking ship. He was like, you know, you shouldn't win and like it to the media, and so they were at the playoffs. We're still we went to the playoffs that year. So I sent him a lights Out T shirt a bag of popcorn and told him senters asking the count. I sent it to the locker room. Yeah yeah, So I made I made sure that he got it. The team player personnel they took it to him and made sure he got it. Because I had a friend that knew and I said, make sure you get this. So I sent him a lights Out T shirt in the bag of popcorn. They said, make sure you watch us in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: What do he saying?
Speaker 4: How do you respond? Nothing?
Speaker 1: That he came back, he was pissed. He was pissed. But I'm telling you something that that happened though, And again I was much different than we end up going to the Pro Bowl, and this was when it was in Hawaii. Me. I'm the type of if you're gonna say some things like that when I see you a person, keep that same energy with me, right, I.
Speaker 5: Get I just I've played with you before, I played with you. I know exactly who you are in the locker room. It's like that, I'd like you to dude, and we can joke around, have fun. But you know, there's a couple of buttons. It's like, YO, stay the funk away from those ones.
Speaker 1: So okay, So what happened was, so we got down there and I brought my family, my grandmother down there. I brought my whole entire family down there. I flew like ten people out to that Pro Bowl that year. And so I've checked in and I put my bag at the Bell's desk. I didn't eve checked in the room. I put it by the Bell's desk, and I went to go look for Jason Taylor. And so because I'm like, you know, if you want to, if you're going, and he was. He was going. He wasn't even like he was painting for himself. He was like talking ship to me about me. And I'm like, okay, you know it's fine, but you got to see me at some point, right. And so I didn't even check in my room, and were staying at the elani Elani and Waue Key. I pulled my bag in the Bill's desk. So I go off and look for Jason Taylor.
Speaker 4: You have ten people with you, as anybody.
Speaker 1: Said here during the other hotel other hotel, did you tell.
Speaker 4: Them about your players to go find Jason.
Speaker 1: No, So I had them to booked me a room because I was ready to get sent home, right, and so I had I had a room at the other hotel, and so and this is this is like in l t and then so I walked past the Lts and and uh, the Lorenzo Nils with me and I didn't even talk to him. I was like, I'll be right back and I walked right by them, and so they was like, where are you going, and so they started to follow me, and because they knew something was up, and so Gene Upshaw at this, you know, Gene Upshaw. They they got Gene up until Gene Upshaws wanted to stop me. And I was on the way. I seen I end up seeing Jason Taylor and I was b lining to warts so Lt Lorenzo O'Neil and Gene Upshaw stopped me because I was going to go see him. Yeah, and they they thank god, you know, just me being young and hot headed, they stopped.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He sat me down and said, hey, Sean, you can't you know, you can't do this. And I was like, well, if he I just want him to say the same shit he said to the newspaper to me, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what happens if he says the same shit to use lights out, It's gonna be bad. You know.
Speaker 1: It's because I had already planned to go home. I was going to plan against at home anyway, and I was just have my family booking ext hotel. They flew out there. I'm just enjoyed it my family for the week. I'm fine. Right, And so they sat down. They all sat me down, Gene Upshaw, Lorenzo Nil and l T set me down. They said, you know, we couldn't do this, maybe you should go talk to him. Let us go talk to him. So Gene Upshaw, I believe, ended up going to talking to Jason tail will let him know like what really happened, right, that this wasn't intentional, Like I wasn't like just some steroid head that's out here taking shit to beat the system. Uh, and so everything diffused. But I look back on it now, I'm like, dude, the hell were you? Like? Why would you have you?
Speaker 4: Did you talk to Jason?
Speaker 1: No a couple of times, but I didn't. We never really we never really talked about that, you know, we never really talked about that. But yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad, dude, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: You guys got a practice like there is practice and they're both in the NFC, so obviously you're on the same field together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So during the week, is it like I'll stand on this side? You said, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Think I think after Gene Shaw talked to him, and I think when you knew like this they had it was it was kind of water on the bridge. We never became best friends or anything, but I think it was a it was a better understanding of what of what happened, you know. So I never really got a chance to an opportunity to talk to him about that, because.
Speaker 5: You imagine if you get suspended for steroids and then you go to the Pro Bowl and you beat the ship out Jason Taylor or you find him, you would essentially prove everybody right.
Speaker 1: Like you would never know that not only a Steroay you thu, It's crazy, it was, you know, dude, I'm I'm glad, Like I said, I had some some older guys that were, you know, kind of leaving the right dire, like LT and Lorenzo, Like I can thank them so much for everything they've done, but mainly stuff like that. Right, they didn't have to, but they knew me well enough to know when I be lined past them and something was going to happen, something's going down, they followed me and then they I think lo' nil might have backed And by the way, lod Nil's a championship champion wrestler right for real? Oh yeah, like load nails like Top, but Top and wrestler, and so he grabbed me and was like you can't physically, It's like you can't, you can't do this. So it's really him l T and then Gene Nupshaw.
Speaker 5: Was there ever a time in practice because listen, fighting in practice is just like it happens all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they obviously they had to know when you be line past that you're going to do something. What made them know that if you walk past them, you're doing you're up to something?
Speaker 1: I was good for a fighter to every training camp to book it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, prison rules essentially someone to try you. It's like it was.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things like and then you know how this is. Do you just see this? You see the same guy every day, So don't take much at that point, like an extra shove right after the plate and grabbing the jerseys.
Speaker 5: You try to walk away and they're still holding on. Yeah, we would have, but but.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time. I'm thinking, yeah, I mean maybe with one or two guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was always yeah, but I'll say this, I see your neck and I realized I would have been I would have been in a bit of a situation, but I would have swung. I want you to know that I would have a respect if you did, I would have swung first myself.
Speaker 4: God damn.
Speaker 1: But you know I played with some dogs like Chris Dillman and and those guys dude running Nick Hardwick, Like I played with some guys.
Speaker 5: Hardwick center right, yeah, center, done up?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had to tell ye all of all of those guys were badasses. Just we bat all the time. But man, I so much respect from guys for real.
Speaker 5: What about when you get off the field. Let's say you're get in a bay Fest fight. How are you handling yourself after that? You need to calm down?
Speaker 1: Or is it?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's on the field stays on the field.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't really fight much off the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's good, but on the.
Speaker 4: Right side of defense with him? Just got him. You want more of this ship?
Speaker 1: Just talk.
Speaker 4: Know we got the jump.
Speaker 5: You talking about fighting fighting people. You've swung at me in a game and in practice.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I've never swung at you in practice. That walked through practice we had, Yeah, we're gonna walk through practice and he's just running me to the sideline. And a walk through practice as a jog through. But I had to let Will they know sometimes you get on the edge, it's gonna happen to.
Speaker 8: You just.
Speaker 1: Drove him out the screen, you just draw it was it was a job.
Speaker 5: It was a jog three times situation.
Speaker 4: The preseason game. We're all out, we're not playing, we're just going a walk through.
Speaker 5: They just a shift where the mic comes down.
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 5: No, No, we're the same team.
Speaker 1: And I'm just saying, like, were you playing around with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just trying to put me let me know, like, Okay, you don't belong on the edge.
Speaker 5: You're not nice for anybody. And I was like I want to show Will, like when do you play down here? This is what happens. And we you were kind of mad for a couple of days. I know I wasn't bro man, you were kind of actually a bitch.
Speaker 1: Remember that.
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 5: Who Okay, you buy a lot of teamates. Who's you favorite teamate of all times?
Speaker 1: Man? We had, Man, we had such a closed group, you know, like like me and d SP like a lot of it. We still talk almost every day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I was just talking with these.
Speaker 4: Pros as I was walking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, below Neil L. T. Tones, probably my boy Antonio Gates. Phil Dude, like I look like I love Phil today, I do. I love everything about Field. The thing is, I hated him when he was at NC State because I was at Maryland and dude, I hated his guts, bro like I every time I saw it. Like I said, I want to do something to him every time I saw him, because you see him in the film and just at the time where you're watching the film, we watch there's no sound, right, you don't hear the commentary. It's got the two the angle and the two wide angle, and you just see him doing that and he's chirping. I'm like, dude, I'm a I'm gonna kick his ass, right and every time he never beat us when he was at INCA State. Maryland never beat us, not one time. And it was his last play his senior year. My uh, it was my sophomore year and I hit Fill in the back of the end zone. It's a n C State and we beat them that game. And I hit him in the back of the end zone and I kind of push up off of him right as I'm walking away, he ankle locks me grass my ankle and stars Philip Philip grabs my ankle and start to twist it a full on ankle lock. Bro Like my ankle was I'm just like and I couldn't believe it that he was somebody, a quarterback was doing this. There's a picture of him somewhere, me and him standing up in the back of the endzone about to square off and fight. And he walked right up on me and he was about to We're about to fight in the back of the end zone. And at that moment, man, he got my respecse, like, man, this dude is tough.
Speaker 5: No ship, this is what you are. You all in college, just in college?
Speaker 1: There is yeah, there it is.
Speaker 5: Philip Rivers is like a notorious ship talker that never curses.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable because at that time and his team, his teammates an NC State, loved him and I didn't know how, like he's an asshole, you know, like he's always talking. And when I got there my rookie year, and you got a chance to be around him, and you saw that competitive spirit and it was NonStop. But it wasn't even on the field anymore. It was dominoes, it was cards, it was He'll walk by you in the gym and you know we're playing let's call it the Seattle Seahawks or whatever, and uh, Walter Jones, you know wall pro Walter Jones is there and I got the you know, just during the season, I got the one twenties on the dumbbells. I'm cranking them out for ten. He'll walk by me like, you know, you got Walter Jones. It was one twenties. Not gonna do nothing right. This is him just NonStop, constantly talk, just bro this non stop. And I go and I grabbed the one thirties. Now I'm pissed off, you know. And so it was with him, uh I. And I'm glad that everybody's getting an opportunity to see him because it's got the audio. Now now he's like praised for. But if there was a time where Philip was seriously hated, he was like the Jake, Like he was really looped in with Jay Cutler a lot, and this dude's asshole and he talks trash. They had pictures and videos of him talking trash. We were playing the Colts and the Champion in playoffs, so he he had this thing about on people just like oh this dude's a jerk and he wasn't at all. And I was like, man, I wish you just I wish you got a chance to know him, because he's not being serious at all. It's not like he's the type man you hit him, he'll tap you on the head. But hey, you almost got me. Next time you got it, and you like, why are you why are you talking? Why are you talking so much? But you start to over time, you just started to appreciate his his competitiveness, for sure, the most competitive player I ever played with.
Speaker 5: Something about these old school quarterbacks just seem like they're like great, like shit talkers, pranking like we had Peyton Manning on he was talking about the pranks he would do. Tom Brady, I've hed done a lot of pranks. Was he a big prank guy at all?
Speaker 1: Oh? Dude, he never stopped playing. He was the biggest kid. Did you can ever imagine he? So I used to break down the huddle before the game, you know, kind of let's get it, let's get and so Phillips will start imitate me everything that I do, and he can he can walk and he can walk like me. It's the craziest thing ever. B he's a he's a big kid. Yeah, and so he's uh, he's like, uh, he's like the kid. You gotta watch what you stay around because they repeat. So he's had had a mock you, right, and so he had these things, uh the freestyle Fridays, you know longer freestyle Fridays. And so we would have whatever whatever the the hottest song at that time on the radio will play. We will play it all the time in the locker room. And again, you can't you gotta watch Philip because he he would listen. He's he watches and listens to everything, even if he's not saying that he's watching you. It's like a comedian's waiting to bust jokes on you that he's just waiting and he watches everything you do. And so whatever the hottest radio show was on, we were in the team meeting room and the defense team room and we're sitting there watching the film and we hear somebody coming down the hallway but they're rapping. Who's that they're loud? We got up. It was like walk by of doing this Philip rapping to whatever the hottest track was on the radio, just straight bars. Yeah, and it was almost like one of these things where he just picked up on everything you did and he he would rap whatever the whatever the latest song was, Well he d no dude, Dre Drew. That Drew Drew was like always locked in, bro, you know, like just really focused, going straight to whatever he's doing. Like he didn't really joke around a whole lot, but it was It was cool to see that because I walked in the locker room. You got Drew Brees as a starter, he got Philip Rivers, the backup crazy which is.
Speaker 4: Nuts nuts bro. And then you also in Buffalo, who is it a fitzmagic yep, the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Just three very unique personalities. Yeah, what did fits Uh? I heard this rumor of rep Fits that he would get Yeti coolers for his offensive linement every single year with his face on it. Did that hold true in Buffalo?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 5: So he was in the Titans, I think the year before I got there, and everybody had a Yetti cooler, like the big one with his little like a silhouette of his face and beard all on that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's so I would you know. At the time, I was, I was single, so I was like looking at girls and stuff on social media, you know, And so sometime I would be, you know, looking at stuff on the on social media, and I have my phone down. He will come to my locker every day. He just looks like, who do you got?
Speaker 4: Who do we got today?
Speaker 5: Who we got out there today? That is so funny.
Speaker 1: He was the I played with some I played with some great dudes, man, and he's definitely one of me's up there for sure.
Speaker 4: Why was the transition going from l A Oh you know, go ahead, Sorry, I thought you was transition out of NFL, but go ahead, No, yeah, transitioning going from where you were at the impact you made in LA and then going out to Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so I got I got waved by the Chargers.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 1: I had so many interest to back to back. You were talking about the compensation thing, Like my achilles were partially torn and kept tearing a little bit more and a little bit more to time until it eventually popped. But at the time I was compensated. So I had a calf, a hip, a knee. It was just constant and I just couldn't stay healthy. So finally they just they had to stop the bleeding and they and they waved me and then when you get waved at the time, the team with the worst record gets for zibs and at the time like Buffalo's own six, I think own six or seven.
Speaker 4: Where's your mental at when you get waved like all that you can't see obviously you get in the tank. It's an up and down ride, like where were you at? Mentally? I was.
Speaker 1: I was shocked and it didn't really hit me until I left the building. And so I remember going to mean coach coaches were crying, I mean bags Pegana, I mean, Monunsky. Everybody was just like like it was it was like a dark cloud that day because I don't think anybody's anybody saw me ever leaving the charges, but I just had I had so many injuries at that time. They had it just I couldn't say healthy. And so I mean, even when I was talking to the dean and owner, it was just it was a sad It was a very sad day in that building. And you know, yeah it was ignored if it was bad. It was like it was a really bad day. And so I left and then when I walked out the building, that's when it hit me, because right there you got somebody to come up and tell you got to go see their owner, you go see the coaches. So you're talking to everybody, but you're not getting the opportunity to take all of that in yet. And it didn't hit me until I walked out the building. I got in the car and it was like I didn't cry, man, but I sat there and was like, man, is this it's this real? Like that just get cut because you know, I never been cut for anything in my life, and so I think for me, you know, I hate what people say it's humbling, right because you it wasn't like I wasn't humble. You just didn't see that happening to you, you know what I mean. Like you know that people pass away and that's part of life, but you don't feel that until there's somebody really really close to you. You know. It's one of those things where I was like, you've seen people get caught all the time, you know, I think that I think the year before or out run at time like lt uh darren Spros like it was it was guys Michael Turner who loved what he so you knew it was guys first round draft picks, and so I was leaving, so I knew it was as one point is gonna happen, It was just how and when it happened was I was shocked. And so I got home and I would say, like not even a day or two. Well, a couple of days went by. And I think that year, me and Randy Moss because he was waved too, Me and Randy Moss had the most teams that ever claim claim us awful wave waivers because that normally you go through the waiver wire and then you can pick and choose with TV then then you're a real free agent. And I think that year me and Randy Moss had tied for like four to six teams that picked us up on the waivers. But Buffalo had the worst record, and so Buddy Nicks, who was behind A. J. Smith as general manager in San Diego, he was now the general manager in Buffalo. So I remember Buddy Nicks called to me and he was like, you know, Sean, we can really use you out here in Buffalo. And you know, he talked for like five minutes. I said, look, Buddy, I love you to death, man, but I'm not coming out there. I'm not going. And it wasn't because of the city of Buffalo. They were owing six, they had no they were basically knocked out of the playoffs in the middle of the season. Right before the middle of the season, they were pretty much done. And I said, Buddy, look, you know I love you to death, man, but let me go into a team that may go to the playoffs, right and then after the season. Now, you got my word, I'll come. You'll be the first visit I'll take after the season. And he said, no, we want you out of here now. And you know, we think you help us out in the locker room, and I know you can bring. I said, Buddy, I hear you, but I'm not coming. I hung up. I hung up the phone on a GM. Yeah, yeah, on the gym.
Speaker 4: How quick does he call back?
Speaker 1: Fifteen minutes, fifteen to twenty minutes? And so he called back fifteen twenty minutes. He said, Sean, I just want to let you know we put in your contract in the NFL. I said, buddy, I don't care what y'all doing. I'm not coming. So here it is. I hung up again. Call back right back and said, well, if you don't come, it's twenty five thousand dollars a day. Fine, I said, well, when y'all sending that plane.
Speaker 5: No fucking doubt got to get on it right away, dude.
Speaker 1: So this is like a Monday tues I've got it was a Monday Tuesday. But they were literally literally sitting the plane the next day. And I said, hey, Buddy, and then Russell Russell Brandon was there too. Who's the president I believe at the time, And I said, OK, guys, just give me your Thursday. Can you send a plane on third? I'm leaving San Diego to come to Buffalo. I need some time to pack and all this other stuff. Uh. So I got on the plane and you know, I looked at the weather in New York. Yeah, but I didn't look at the weather in Buffalo, which is totally different weather. So I got on the sweatshirt, some basketball shorts and flip flops on the plane, I got my suitcase and all that. And so I got there and I'm landing. Do this a full on blizzard?
Speaker 5: This is a full on blich was frozen when you get off that plane.
Speaker 1: I mean full on blizard outside. And I remember stepping off the plane and then Buddy and then Russell brand and he's got there they were at the end of the runway. I couldn't see him. That's how bad the weather was. I hadn't I couldn't see them, And I remember I looked up into the sky. I was like, man, I go to church sometimes and like I go do a lot of charity. Yeah, I start think. I was like, man, what did I What did I do? You know, what did I do?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I was dreading that, man, not because it's really the it wasn't just like the city and the weather, like they just didn't have it. So you're you're playing for what right They're not going to the playoffs? Right? But dude, it was Honestly, I'll say that it was the best thing that ever happened to me in my career because I got out there. Man, you got a chance to see that fan base and like those people. And I was just out there this past Sunday with them. Dude. I was like, man, you I played, you know, you feel like you were playing for like family, you know, second cousin or you know, extended like you do. I got my mom watching the game or you know, you got family at the games. You can't disappoint them. So I had that feeling with them, like I couldn't disappoint these people because of the love that they had for their team. Dude, you could be the second or third string kicker, you were the man.
Speaker 4: Really you get what I'm saying, Like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, and that's Tailgates.
Speaker 1: Ever, it's it's something unlike anything. And I know we like a lot of people see the table jumping and all that other stuff, which is how they got on the map, like in a big way because of social media and everything else. But dude, it honestly, I remember I would down eating. I was in a restaurant chipwid downtown and people just walking by me were like, yo, what's up? Lights? They kept walking, no pictures, know nothing, and it was just like, dude, like there was a cousin I've seen it in a while. Cool you know, And so yeah, it's it's something I like, man, this is it's a it's a very very special place. I wish like all these guys that get to play in front of not so great fan bases or the ones that are not really home grown like those, I wish they get his hands to experienced something like that. It's it's different.
Speaker 5: I had myself a little entanglement with the Bill's Mafia. One time was right after my suspension. We played the Bills. It was like thirteen to ten and Shaq Lawson, who was like a backup, was a talk shit and so I tweeted at him put my phone down like an hour later, like two in her responses, just Bill's people murdering me. Just even the WiFi up there. They fucking got after me. I will never get an entanglement with them ever.
Speaker 1: Again, dude, it's so passionate, it's unreal, man, And I think that for them, there's a lot of pride in in like that group. You feel like you're at a college game, like when I was there Sunday. Do you don't feel like all the glitz and glamor of the pro games, like you feel like you're at some school in the South, right, you know what I mean, like tailgating and all this other Like.
Speaker 4: It's just different, like a college.
Speaker 5: How big of a difference was it between Buffalo and San Diego as far as the fans went.
Speaker 1: I think it was so much to do in San Diego, right, Like for you to take your three hours of your day or four hours to go to a game, it was a lot because you got the nice weather, you got food, beaches and everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do whatever you want, You do what you want.
Speaker 1: I think the difference is with us is that we were so good. We have so many stars on a team from al team and phill Up and Gates and all these guys that people came because of the winning, right you know, and like this the year yeah, and so people came there and that and the Q was rocking, dude, I mean we had that place ridiculously, like just crazy. And I still even looking at a nail, I get chilled because I was always the last one to come out the tunnel every game. And I did that because of ray Lewis. So my sophomore year in high school, my coach, my high school coaches, remember I was living with them at the time. They say, hey, you want to see a linebacker play? And I'm not. I'm watching football, but I wasn't watching just yet.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like, yeah, you were digestive.
Speaker 1: I was like yeah, yeah. And so they scraped up some money and they took me to a Ravens game. This is two thousand, two thousand. Yeah. We sat all the way up there near the light bulb. So we had no We had no money too, so we were like six seats up. I could turn around you and like start changing light ball and ship. It was like we were It was the one you're so high up there when you look over your stomach dropping heights. Yeah, we were up there. And so they introduced everybody. They had all these guys Sharper and and Goose and Sam Adams and ball where like they had ed you know they I mean they were stacked, Chris. They had that team that will only allowed with eleven points a game or ten points something crazy. Right, everybody comes out and the you know, the people allowed, and then it just gets silent, a big pause and all in the music drop. It was a Nelly. It's getting so ray came out the fireworks and smoke. And so when I was growing up, man, I used to laugh at people used to pass out of concerts, you know, at Prince or Michael Jackson concert. I'm like, look at this dumb at, Like dumb at, but he's just a person. You know, You're just you're a human being, Like why are you acting like that towards another human being?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I always thought it was dumb do until I saw Ray Lewis, And so it came out there and it was quiet and they introduced everybody. It was already loud, but it just got this pause and then it just a place when crazy and I didn't know what was happening. Fireworks, smoke, and then they was playing up Nelly is getting hot in here, and he came out and was doing it, and I thought I was going to pass out. Bro I thought I was going to pass out.
Speaker 5: Just seeing this small little speck on the floor.
Speaker 1: It was so hot. If it wasn't for that jumbo tron, I would have thought like answered down there, like I would have no clue. But I saw it and I was I looked at my coaches and I was like, man, I'm gonna make people feel like how I just felt. And so when I got to the charges we had, there was a guy there who was six or seven years in Quincy, Scott, I think his name was or something like that, and he was the last one that was coming out, and I looked at him and said, I'm coming out last from now on.
Speaker 5: That's a rookie.
Speaker 1: That's a rookie.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a rookie.
Speaker 1: So so you got it and and that's where the whole thing started. But yeah, I you know, for me, I just I was like, man, that ship. It did something to me that day, and I never you know, when stuff happened to you as a kid, whether it's good trauma or bad trauma, you remember that, yes, And I remember remember that at that time, and I was like, I'm I looked at my coaches, I said, I'm going to make people feel like this one day.
Speaker 4: And that was it.
Speaker 1: That's wh I started. I actually come out last.
Speaker 4: That is how sick is that?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: To like look back on your career and know you got to accomplish things that, yeah, a rare group of people get to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the cool the cool thing about it too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It's like even now, like when I go back to Buffalo and I've I've been retired almost I've retired in thirteen is you know year, and the game has changed, has evolved and all this other stuff. And when I came came out, like social media was just starting to come around, right, So you see all these guys now they got like big social media followings. You think now that Joll had twenty million back then at that time, which is that big? Yeah, because it was. It was huge. Man, It was like it was a lot of it was a lot of shit.
Speaker 4: You know, how hard was it to face kind of your mortality in the NFL, Like when you started to just not be able to put it together anymore in Buffalo, you know, the injuries, whatever, it is. How hard was it to kind of like wrap your arms around hey, this could be coming to an end?
Speaker 1: For me? It was difficult because I played the game to be the best at what I do, and once I realized I couldn't be the best anymore, it was hard that part, but also to my my career was cut short that I wasn't gonna be named one of the best that ever did it in my position, right, No hall of fame, no, none of that stuff, because I was I got hurt, you know, I was injured. Yeah, and everything was just kind of derailed. So you had like I don't know if you called it like resentment or what's the right word, Like.
Speaker 4: You just kinda feel jaded, jaded?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel you feel De's good. Yeah, So you feel jaded because you knew it on the trajectory where you were going, even the suspension stuff like people talk about the suspended like always fell off, Well, you're forgetting it, Like I also was All Pro the following year, All Pro the following year. I was also up there, I think top five of top seven finish defensive Player of the Year again, you know, so I think that when people see it like the longevity. But seven is when I got hurt. I told my PCL l CL and then everything and Achilles went like a year or so after that from the compensation. But yeah, I just I felt like, man, I was like, damn, I'm never gonna get a chance to get the jack get a jacket, and I'm never going to get a chance to be known as the best, because that's all I wanted. I wanted to be known as the best of what I did, you know, and you want the championships, it's all those are team things that you can't control. But when you walk away from the game, you want to be known as one of the best that ever did. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to do that anymore. So that was that was the hardest thing to accept, knowing that I was going to walk away and I was not gonna have another opportunity to go back out there and finish that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's tough, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's always it's always hard when you figure out the dreams over. You've been playing it your whole life, and you're like, man, this is really the part that everybody talks about, Like eventually you can't.
Speaker 4: Do it anymore.
Speaker 5: It just is a shitty feeling when you realize the end is near or you know you're going to retire. How quickly were you jump in the m m are entrepreneurial things?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So yeah, when did that start?
Speaker 1: So in the mid two thousands. I grew up well, I grew up in Maryland and d C. So I have my family members that were professional boxes. My uncle's called professional boxers. So I kind of grew up boxing anyway. And if I didn't play football, I was one hundred percent gonna fight. That was like the thing that I was gonna do. You couldn't tell me anything different or that of w W. It was gonna be probably picked that up along the Yeah they were they were probably yeah, yeah, and so so you know it was going I was going to box or or going to w W, which I ended up doing and working with a w W. But I ended up, you know, picking football. So one day I was in the gym and Jay Glazier's gym okay from Fox, Yeah, And I was hitting the midst and he said, like, damn you can you can box? Yeah, you know my uncle's boxers not box a little bit or whatever. Have you ever tried in the may And I think no. He said, well, I think it can help you in football with your hands and you know, coordination, being able to open your hips to get around the tackles. And you know, I said, shit, if it helped me in football, sign he up. I'm in right. So he sent me an address off of Librea in LA and the next day I show up and so I walked in the gym and uh, Jake Glaize is here, and Randy Goatur's right here. So Randy was still compete fighting at the time, and so in my head I'm looking at Jay Glaizer like I'm not fighting Randy Gator to day. I just want you to know that's not where I why I came. You know, you're looking at it like one of the most badass in the two thousands into two thousands, dude, like you like Randy was was a real deal. I think he actually had forty or forty one and just won a championship. He was like the oldest champion ever at the time or something like that. And so I went and I worked with him doing We were pumbling and working on hands and just kind of doing movement. But I was gassed, like I was just we didn't start to work out yet and I was completely gassed. And when this happened, I realized it was something. He just totally kicked my ass at. He was like not purposely, but he was throwing me around because he used my leverage and body and I couldn't understand like how he was able to do this. So I was at that point I became intrigued and like, how does somebody at you know, fifty pounds less than I am, able to just kind of move my body and toss me around like this. I was just intrigued. Or he'll get me in a certain spot and I just couldn't get up. He just keep taking me, taking me down. I just couldn't get it. So I text him. I got his number. I text him, dude, are you in tomorrow with time? So I'll get down my football workouts and I'll drive up to LA. You know, I'll go because we had that workout bonus, get the workout to get that one. Gotta get it right. And worked out in San Diego and I would drive back to LA to go and work work out with Randy. So I was I was going like three to two three days a week at this time. And so finally I just started every off season, started working with him, and started working with Chuck Lerdale and started being around to do or T's and all these guys in the mid two thousands. Yeah, even like when Tyrone Woodley was coming in and he just really was getting his career going UFC. He was in the gym with us, and there was a couple other guys do people was bad ass, like Clay Matthews, really really good. I think it might have seen Brian Cushing. Cushing, you know, Cushing was was doing stuff at that time.
Speaker 4: He's into the Brazilian Yes, I think.
Speaker 1: He's like a brown bell or something like that. You know, I was trying to get I was trying to get Cush the Fight League, so.
Speaker 4: And so, yeah, yeah, I love it. I love Jersey.
Speaker 5: The video of him with his helmet off going right to the offensive line for the Browns face and splitting his nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a cycle man. I love I love Psycho, and so I just traded every all season. So I already kind of knew. When I retired, I already knew what I wanted to do, and plus my rookie year, when I first got my check, I wanted to go buy all the trademarks and rights that lights Out first. My first thing I did. So when you say big purchase is the cars, but the other purchase I did is big brain purchase. Was it was a company called PJ. Salvage, the big pajama company in Irvine, California. I reached out to them my friend of mine, who was an IP attorney, and I said, dude, I want to I want to go and get lights Out. And so I ended up buying lights Out I think for like one hundred and fifty grand, some one hundred and forty grand at that time. And I still didn't know what I wanted to do yet, but I knew I wanted to own it and then figure it out, so I bought it at that time. And then so when I retired, I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and I started to even train more with MMA guys, and I was also in talk with Bellator. I was to talk to Bellatore. This is like around two thousand and fourteen, fifteen something like that, somewhere around that area, is like three or four years after I retired that I was going to fight. But at that time, I was like ahead of my time because of what I was asking for money wise, they looked at me like I was crazy. And now they're kind of seeing with the Jake Pauls of the world and former athletes like Le'Veon Bells fighting now Frank Gore, like all these guys getting into it. But I was just ahead of my time for the money I was asking Now it was if sean former linebacker. For the charges and bills here, there was no brainer. I just think at that time they just wasn't ready to pay what I was asking for. And then I started to work a lot with the WWE. You know, so I was at the network ww network when at launch, I was broadcasting in the WrestleMania's Monday night raws and smackdowns working with them, and then I was at NFL Network or something like that. At the time, I was doing broadcasting there. But the goal what was going to happen was I was going to train at the Performance Center with WWE down in Orlando. So I was spending half the time with NFL Network and I would go train with the guys in n XT because that was gonna be my first show and they were trying to fast track me to get me there. And the thing was, it came up why I never really signed one of the biggest reasons that they wanted to own part of Lights Out because what people didn't know is like a lot of the WW they make their you know, their talent right, they own right, and.
Speaker 5: And they wanted a piece of years. Yeah, and that's why it didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was part. That was probably the main breason. Otherwise, they had a bunch of company stuff going on. They launched a WW network at the time and it wasn't doing well and so they end up going to Peacock, but they cut like ten percent of their entire staff across the company. So give me a big contract. Wasn't at the at the top anymore at that time.
Speaker 4: And so but I were you looking to be like a WW superstar?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like that would be I mean, it's the perfect character.
Speaker 1: I So what I did was what kind of kicked it off. They had a show in San Diego, I think it was One night Stand on pay per view, and I was talking to Paul Triple H and he was like, man, we're coming to San Diego, and they kind of were throwing some ideas back and forth, and I was like, you know what, shut I'm down, let's do it. And they brought me out to a TNA. They brought me out the stands and seeing punk it actually handed me like a bamboo stick and I hit Chavez or Travo one of the times or whatever. So that kicked it off because it was a crazy reaction from the crowd. And so at the time, like Paul and Triple Ahs and everybody from ww's like, yeah, we got we got something. You know, we got something. And so we started to just talk and try to figure it out, and it just didn't happen because of the time. I think they were going through a lot of company stuff too, And I wasn't about to give lights out to nobody because I built that already.
Speaker 4: What were you looking at? Obviously you're doing a couple of things with lights Out now. Yeah, like I see the Lights Out TV streaming service. Yeah, I know you're in kind of with the bills too, right, you're streaming the East West Shrine game. Yeah, that's I mean, that's massive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what happened was when I got because I got straight to TV out, the NFL network broadcast a couple of years, ESPN, Fox Sports, and those those panels are hard because it was like four people. Yes, you got to think, dude, like take a guy like JJ Watt who is no everybody you know, no love, big following, and now he's you know, Hall of Fame got Now he's retiring. It's like as a player, right, you that next guy up, they're looking to draft somebody and then get you off out of there. Right. And so I was fortunate because I was at the launch of all these networks and shows and stuff like that, so I've seen it created. So I didn't launch my MMA league Lights Out Extreme Fighting in twenty nineteen. So ESPN US just left Fox Sports and went over to ESPN. And so at the time, I was shooting at Fox Sports. And so I got up one day and I created a marketing deck. I had a somebody on the team put a four page marketing deck together, and I think I was talking Eric Shanks, the president of Fox Sports. It was somebody there, Jamie Herowinz. It was one of the guys I started a conversation with and I said, hey, you guys looking to get back in the MMA because you just lost the UFC. And it was like, Sewan, in fact, we are, We're looking at a couple opportunities. I said, hey, I'm launching my MMA organization. They said really. I said yeah, And I put down the marketing deck on the desk and I left out and I just got off. They called it. I was on Herd show that deck go down in the garage. Before I open my car door, my phone rings and they said you're still here and I said yeah, I say, could you come back up?
Speaker 5: So gotta be a great feeling it was.
Speaker 1: It was unreal because when you you know, you're talking to like Shane sort of president of Fox Sports, any any one of the execs, you're not expecting them to get back to you no time soon. And I wasn't. I was like, just let you know, I'm launching MIAM and Main League here. It is called Lights Out Extreme Fighting here it is. So I go downstairs. My phone rings and I know that Fox the Fox lot number, so I know I'm like, oh damn, somebody's called me for Fox. So I went back upstairs. They sent me to FS one first, and I pitched him the idea, told them what I wanted to do. At FS one, they said, we love it, and then they sent me to the regionals. So we had originally started out on Fox Sports West in prime ticket. That was my first deal that I negotiated TV rights. They didn't pay us. They gave us a two hour time slot, and I negotiated commercial time, so I sold sponsorship and commercials, so every hour you get about sixty minutes worth of commercials, and so negotiated gave Fox. The Fox got their eight minutes, We got our eight minutes every hour, so I got sixteen minutes worth of commercials plus all those sponsors. So I literally launched this company when with sponsors and Fox Sports, and we went to like ten other reagions in the country and then the rest was kind of history.
Speaker 4: No ship and there's your brain child the whole entime time. So what's the thought what's the thought process of Like I guess explain the market of like getting in a world where it feels like the UFC is the is the premier league for fighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you I think that every major league needs a minor league anyway. Everyone, you know, it's I think everyone and you'll see that got you know, tons of leagues they pour a talent from. But what you hope to have the best talent in the Yorks or the talent from you keep going there because it's gonna make more and more guys go. And so when we first launched, I think the idea to everybody else like, oh, you can't be big because the UFC's there. It's like, no, that's the opposite you. First of all, if you're if you were a real feeder, if UFC is looking at you and they're saying, oh, they got like some some killers down there, they got some dogs. We can go pull our talent. We know they're going to be able to compete against the guys we have when the guys we match them up against, yeah, because they already been through the ringer when they come to lights out of extreme fighting. So what happened was I started looking around, man, and uh, looking at all all sports streaming platforms. Right, I've been at Fox, been at WW network, be it at been at ESP and all these places, and I was like, I know, I know this broadcasting TV and streaming. And I had a lot of relationships in the TV business, including streaming because a lot of them, like CBS was starting to CBS Sports Networks streaming and it was kind of pivoting. So I knew a lot of Paramountain, Fox and everyone else. So my production actually, when I first started out, it was all like former Fox sports producers, directors, camera guys. So I had a group like a nice So my production we looked like we were we've been around for a decade because we had the we had the eyeballs of because I unders TV in production, so I started looking around like, shit, nobody out here is really doing all sports like free ad supported streaming service. And so a couple good friends of mine had launched Pluto. They found it and launched Pluto the streaming service. So I actually was around them a lot, and so I was picking up on things and watched the growth to them and then watched to sell to Paramount. You know, so I was like, nobody really focused it on sports and didn't make it free ad support it, so I knew all the players in the business. So I started calling people. I said, hey, how long you got there? You know you ready to leave? Hey, I got too much of my contract. I call me when you're done. And so I started putting everything in place, and so right now lights our sports TV. We're on every major smart TV in the world, iOS, Android. We got thirty different fash channels there like motocross, motorsports, TNA wrestling you saw was on there too that I didn't start with them, Chess, poker, poker or poker go to World Poker Tours on there. And then we got three hundred different sports movies and documentaries. But it's all sports, no shit. Yeah, sixteen different live sports. And then the big one that I just got was East West Shrine Bowl practices. So NFL Network still has the game for right now. They have thinks the last year on the contract, so I don't know what's gonna happen after that, but I've made up the practice weeks. They never really focused in on the practices, so just like.
Speaker 4: The Senior Bowl, the recent Senior Bowl, like when you can watch practice unfold throughout the week that week leading up to the game is going to be on lights out sports.
Speaker 1: Yep. Nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's like the most important part of the week.
Speaker 1: The game is kind of just this is the this is why I really did this. Man. I'm like, I know sports right, Like, I'm not gonna sit up there and try to get in the big picture movies or shoot a lot of original content stuff outside of sports. Like when it comes to sports, as you just said, you started thinking like why, why the hell nobody ever done this? Right, All these guys are competing to improved a draft draft stock or to get drafted, and you got every you got GMS there during the week, you got NFL scouts, coaches, owners sometime will pop into these things. I was like, this is the show. And so my I'm producing the whole week, my production company. We're going in there and I'm having a damn camera right behind the wide receivers and DB's on one on ones, the one on one defensive line against offensive line. I'm having the cameras in that like right there so everybody can see it. But because we played it and you have for me personally, it's like an authentic voice behind this to actually like want to do this shit and love it. And so I think eventually even even by the way, that week of the practice gonna be something real. We got cameras and drones like all kinds of crazy shits, a lot of shot side programming shows and talking to coaches, GMS players. It's really really gonna be an interactive week. I'm and I'm happy. Like the East West this is their one hundredth year, like this is a big year for them, and so they actually I brought it up and they called right back and said, yeah, we Sean, we see what you're doing and we want to be a part of it. And I was like, that's that was big for me, you know, for them to choose that. And then after that I get calls from the Indoor Football League is coming over the gout I f A is uh is there too? Another another emerging football league is coming at the Women's Football League number one women's football league will possibly have And then this one that they're showing now, this was the Mega Mansa that we uh that we launched a couple about a month and a half ago, called the fans on. And so again, as as being former players, we know like the parts of the game that people love to see. And sometimes it's not the game, it's the things around it. The yeah, the meet up, the fomo that you create, Like you can watch the game from anywhere in the world. You can. You can find the game somehow, you can't find a tailgame. And I started thinking. I was like, man, who is really doing this? No one again, you would think somebody would have the weaker practice for these West front both the more important week because some of these guys won't get a lot of playing time anyway. So I'm like, why not make a week out of it? So you make a whole show out of it, which would also be shown in ninety airports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do it for the I mean they do it for the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 5: Why not the East West Line?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: So what's if you could get the rights to one thing?
Speaker 1: What would it be for for.
Speaker 5: Your production company? Oh?
Speaker 4: Nice question? NFL preseason games? No, you don't want a game, you want the preseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the preseason game, because I think you can get more creative.
Speaker 5: I see your mindset, I see your mindset.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, Why fight over what everybody's fighting over when there's money to be made in these other spots.
Speaker 1: And you make it to what people want to watch. And you know, preseason for us, especially when you're a VET, you're like, you like want just shit, hurry.
Speaker 4: Up, right, You want to get your ten players out of the way.
Speaker 1: You want to get the series or two and be done. Yeah, and so but I think for the fans to get excited about to see that, there's so many creative things that I would do for a preseason game to make you watch.
Speaker 5: And it's loose. The players are loose. They feel you something about seeing a player with their shoulder pads unbuckled, the jersey up, seeds in their mouth.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's go bro. He's kind of like us. Yeah. And the only real thing out there that does it is like what Hard Knocks. Yeah, that's it doesn't great to be the only thing. And it's only on one team, you know what I mean? Because you kind of see the backstory within preseason and like you said, no one really cares about you know, you get your series or two, but outside of that, it's like you you liked and the Hard Knights because you're seeing the actual reality.
Speaker 5: But if you're able to take one of the top players wearing a bucket hat, hanging out and you put a microphone on them in the middle of a game. People want to know that you even.
Speaker 1: Get so creative because the thing is the reason why I created the fans on because it's number one fan engagement mechanism. You can get to like the number one. You can't get closer to the fans in that right. You could be in the stadium, you can watch the games, you can put them on a jumbo Trump. But you look these guys, these all three former players, my former teammates, Legoty Craig came real and cause Sims got all guys I played with, and they just get like this is the ultimate, like fam hangout, try food, drink a little bit corn hole music. It's like, you don't get any better than this. And uh, the Buffalo bills won't dropped tomorrow, dude. When I walked in, I just sold it up a little bit. I ain't gonna like it was like one of those things, dude, it was. It was unreal because they just they do it different and it's a different setup, right, and so you got ketchup and mustard. You know, guys are there walking to speedo it's coldest hell outside, by the way, And you said we got one shot during the show where you see a see of people. Gotta be every bit of three thousand or close to it. Yeah, just back, this is a tailgate, dude. It's not like it looks like a concert. So when we dropped that tomorrow Light Size Sports, it's gonna be massive. And you know, and talks now to get to work with Snoops youth league football team too, so we My thing is I would like to get all thirty two teams for tailgates.
Speaker 5: For sure, rank them them what they do good, they don't rate them the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I got so many, so many games that Tailgate should play against other teams. It's a whole game within a game. Yes, And there's so many things I want to do hopefully, you know, you know, talking to enough teams now that I think we we shot three shows and the Chargers just did one with the Bills. I think I got a couple more with the Bills, but mainly, man, just bring it. Do you know what I think too? Because I played in San Diego, was just a lot of military, right and you know these guys get or women they get deployed, so they can't come to the tailgate, so all they get is that two minutes. Yo, I wish you were here, you know that. And I'm like, now you can watch your friends and family on the tailgate. You're there.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: Also, I don't know about this, but why not go overseas where they're at and have a tailgate for them for their teams.
Speaker 1: So there's a thing that I just implemented for our fights where you can simulcast. So I'm working on that. So a lot of these of these troops that are overseas, I want something simo cast where we have them separate where they could feel like they're there at that tailgate even though they're overseas working them.
Speaker 5: Just that's fucking awesome, man. That It sounds like a really cool project that's got legs right now rolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it's massive. And this one, this one was shown in ninety airports. It was live in shaps twenty four undred plus.
Speaker 4: Cool man. And in the fight game, like, what are like the competitive edges you look to kind of you know, magnify there, Well you do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the biggest the biggest thing is uh, like I got we we built a platform for ourselves, right, playing in the NFL, Right, And like there's no bigger fan base than NFL football fans always always will be king, at least in this country.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: And so you kind of exposing these guys he's up and coming like superstars who trying to make a name for themselves. Like dude, the mass of having a young Con McGregor, right, or young Ronda Rousey, right or something. You can you get them up there, you kind of build them up and then USC get them a called and they become some mega superstars. But they started with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I think for us, we're trying to create superstars and give these guys it's a platform because we just in the last two months. I think you actually signed two of our guys in the last two months.
Speaker 4: Awesome. That's awesome. You also do a lot in the charitable world as well, like yeah, pooling and everything else. Yep, speak on that, especially coming from the place that you did come from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I think I hate bullies. I hate personal bullies, I hate corporate bullies, I hate any any bully out there, man, Because to me, it was like, uh, we had this sting growing up like I was always was, I bullied the bully. Yeah, you know, it's like it was like a nice guy who was always nice. Everybody can kick your ass like relaxed bro, like you're going too far, Like we'll pick up somebody of your own size type of deal. It's I always hated bullies. And then obviously we talked a little bit like how I grew up and we were homeless a couple of different times.
Speaker 4: We're not.
Speaker 1: I started this winter cod drive at the University of Maryland. Then I got my twenty third annual coming up on the sixteenth, which is in two weeks, and so this thing has been going. You know. Now I got a fourteen year old son, like he's in jery, so they all drive. Now he's there at the cold drives and stuff, and hopefully after my ass has gone one of these days that you know, he'll continue it on. Because you know, we didn't like we were a homeless dude. And I remember those winners. We were cold as hell. We couldn't afford colts. We actually put like socks on hand, We put on three sweatshirts because we couldn't afford a nice colt. You know what I'm saying, and so I got this cold drive in two weeks it's my twenty yeah, twenty third a We've colected over thirty thousand coats over twenty two years.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. Noose shit, Yes, annual one coming up here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in two weeks at the University of Maryland.
Speaker 4: Know what's your biggest piece of advice to kids that you do will like identify with that to kind of see that could potentially be on a similar path that you were on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think one of the biggest things I try to tell them is is there's always light at the end of the tunnel like when I was. When I was we're going through as much stuff as I was with my sun. Right, he's doing my son's ranking them a fourteenth in the country quarterback. Oh no shit, I think it's not one of the Jersey I think he did that ship despite me. To be honest, you make him a Husker. Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to call him from Maryland. He was just at the Syracuse game last week and the Syracuse love them. But I think for me, like going through what I went through now because I was I was always constantly asking myself like, shit, why why? I was like, I didn't do anything wrong, Like I'm a good kid. I go to school. You know, I fight a little bit, you know, like, but that's the most you got out of me. And I was like, man, why is this shit happened to me? Like why do I got to come home and there's no food? So you question yourself a lot, and you know, good times don't don't always last neither that's bad. And so you know, any any these young kids are just going through something or feel down because suicide rates are up and like a lot of depression and anxiety and all that shit, just remember that there's always light no matter what. There's always light no matter what you're going through. It might be another week, might be a month. You might even have a bad year or some shit. Just know that you'll get through it and you'll be fine. And so I think that especially the younger kids and there going through and they got no outlet. And I was so fortunate that football was an outlet for me because I feel bad. You know, people ask all the time, or would you let yourself play football? Like yes, yeah, I mean because there's so many things I learned from the game that if I didn't play, I would have never been of the surviving life. One hundred percent. Believe. If I didn't play football, I would have never I wouldn't be sitting there right now because it was an outlet for me. And it also taught me a lot of things, like overcoming Like dude, I mean some of those some of those summers you're in training camp, you're running those half gases and shit, do like you got to be a different individual sometime.
Speaker 5: To the work ethic, oh man, discipline, everything, yeah, comes involved with being a football players.
Speaker 4: Selfless nature. You kind of have to create one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You know, dog tired and his fourth fourth down and you know, fourth quarter, you're trying to get through it. You can't just go out there quick because people are relying.
Speaker 5: On you, unless you're a quarterback for the Colts. Whatever you want, just take up plays off whatever you why not?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 5: It's just part of the deal.
Speaker 4: Man. That's good advice. It's a good advice because football does teach you so much more than next is.
Speaker 1: And it's yeah, it's I mean, there's very few people in the world's gonna put their shoulder, the finger or something back in place and get back in the game, right, throw some tape on that ship, like just you look back on it now like some sick ship, you know, like how just our mindset and how like we looked at everything like you know, pain was weakness.
Speaker 5: It's interesting looking out the world now and you see like a couple of people get hurt, like you might be out with somebody and they roll their ankle and they make it a big deal out of it, and you're like, bro, come on right, just like we know it's low and involved.
Speaker 4: Now you get removed from the game long enough and you just start to have just a different perspective and you see the fish bowl and the bubble that players get in mentally, and you just know, like you have no clue until you get out of it, what you're what you're sweating right now. Yeah, it's just and it's a weird. It's a weird psychology.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't get out of it either, because a minute you you zoom out a little bit and realize, like, if you're not one hundred percent focused on this thing, you're fucked. Yeah, absolutely fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you but the crazy thing is you don't see that stuff to you to you walk get away from the game a little bit, you start looking at everything like even now do you guys? You know act my favorite teamates like shit, man, I played on the team with LT Yeah you know what I'm saying, Like I remember walking in as a rookie looking alt like he was Jordan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like this is a day just people being like, yeah, I can't know if you play with this person that was your actual friend, right, somebody who hung out with Yep, that's awesome, man.
Speaker 4: Should we get it?
Speaker 1: Twist a question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get this twist This is a question because I'm excited about this one.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Uh, can I get that twisted tea add? Real quick? Let me tink you about twist T. It's actually a phenomenal little drink here. Twist T is refreshing hard. Yes, teamate with a real brewed tea and five percent alcohol. It's full of flavor and by the way, very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth, there's no carbonation. Makes needs to drink all day long. Twister Tea feels fun celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is the perfect alcohol or beverage for game day, whether tail getting a parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted tea is there to turn up your game day, Keep it twisted. Grab a refreshing twisted tea to day. I have a feeling the Buffalo Bills fans are massive twisted tea people.
Speaker 1: I needed. I needed some twisted Twist the tea yesterday. Do whatever we were drinking at least twist what I'm gonna use you yesterday because I needed five percent. I needed something smooth that see we were drinking yesterday. Burn holes in your chest and there and everything else.
Speaker 5: Twist the tea just makes you feel good all day along. This twisted question is brought to us by Sherman or.
Speaker 4: Mitch or some enthusiasm.
Speaker 9: All right, twisted question this week kind of basic goes off of your lights out network and your lights lights out of Extreme fighting to save the world. Would you rather have one hundred tries to beat Rock Lesnar in his prime or one thousand tries to hit a hole in one.
Speaker 1: Rock?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that is a very prime. You understand that national championship at the University of Minnesota Wrestling was a superstar at the w W Heavyweight Champion of the world, the Ufcah, that's who you're taking a hundred times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't need a hundred though, to be honest.
Speaker 4: That's the exactly you think it would take. Oh God, because listen, if you were if you were in the car, if you were in the driver's seat to save the world, out of these two options. Elated to hear you say, I'm like, Okay, I do think that's our best shot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I yeah, probably not not very many, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was that? Where do you see the flaws in his game? Do you want what's he couldn't stand up with me?
Speaker 1: He's a great wrestler. Great, if you're saying that he wrestler, take me down, I got I would not argue with that. Yeah, but if he gets close enough where he's standing up with me, he doesn't. He doesn't have a shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is the way you said it. Maybe believe you.
Speaker 4: But also I heard he talked ship on your your p D and getting pro bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Corner.
Speaker 4: He was talking some crazy.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this, dude, I have played nine holes of golf in my entire life. I don't I don't care for golf one bit. I'm doing the thousand shots shots. I'm just not you know, once upon a time, I think we talked about getting further removed. It seems like you've kept your edge for me. I see people warming up. I'm like, god, damn, I did that.
Speaker 4: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely had to look back from like getting cut blocking shit. I'm like, you know, sometime I'll grabbed my legs and.
Speaker 4: Sometime these cats playing on You're just like, I can't believe I was out there like doing that.
Speaker 5: Work, yes yesterday, doing the things he did, Like, oh my gosh, he did that ship.
Speaker 1: I grabbed both of my I would have came down my patella and my monist which just fell right out.
Speaker 5: Of the side of my done no doubt, but hey, good luck with bruck Lesner Will.
Speaker 4: On the twist of question, yeah, maybe I mean, are we talking part three here? Yeah, of course I would say. I would say the thousand tries of golf, like, no matter what, Like you get a hundred try, it's like you gotta think that one can land and maybe all he needs one. Maybe maybe I'm crazy, right, but I would say your best bet is a thousand tries.
Speaker 5: Just think about when you're on like a ten to fifty seven and fucking he knocks you out and then you guys just both reset to being the first.
Speaker 4: So what happened? We might be fucked everybody. Yeah, I'm not built. I'm not built like it'd be like after tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know nothing. Why I didn't pick the golf is because I know people that play golf almost every day it still suck. You get what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, I just I don't feel I don't feel confident that I will go out there because I'm watching people who do this for eleven and who still come out some days and just look terrible. That's why I don't like golf. Now. I'm just like, dude, whenever if I do something like repetitive, because we're told as athletes, you do something ten thousand times, you're gonna do what you'll be great. Yes, master, you cannot be great doing that ten thousand times. You can come out look great one day and they come out there the next day and leg guse.
Speaker 4: Yeah needs that one. You just need that one. You see yourself? Are you gonna be fighting at some point?
Speaker 1: So I'm not I'm not against it. This is what I'm saying. I'm not against it, but I do respect these guys. I've jumped in, I've jumped in training camps, I've sparred. I still I still spar I spared a couple weeks agoed Randy Contoris jym up in in Vegas. So I like to be around the guys. That's more import than I like to be around the guys the spar stay stay with it because I feel better discipline wise. Yeah, you know, like I think we get done d it's like we feel like bumps a little bit, like we don't we can't compete anymore. So I think I walk in some days I'm like, oh shit, I can still go, Like I can still do it. But the difference is is that like us, it's like the pros versus Jos. When people start talking, She's like, dude, listen, I will knock your head off. Right you put on a pair of pads and the help and I will literally knock your head off. And so these fighters, like they do this for a living, Like these guys train six days, seven days a week, sometime twice a day. And so I don't want to go down that path unless I was fully committed, because right now do like with lightsile sports, and like I'm want to plane every five days, you know, if I'm not meeting with a vineye old casino or some kind of arena, it's a sponsor. It's like a NonStop distribution deal. Like we got some stuff possibly in the works, come up to UFC Fight Pass. Yeah that we're gonna announce it soon too. And so these are this I'm doing these deals, you know. And so I'll get in the gym now and I'll spa and train when i can, right as opposed to that's what I'm doing. What about like a celebrity, Yeah, yeah, yeah, j Paul's asked for He's small, He's I think I think Jake is really I think Jake is really good. I've been saying this for like five years. I thought that Jake when I first seen him train and Shane Mosley had called me one day and I watched this in twoenty nineteen, and Shane said, Hey, come up to my place in Big Beer and watch this kid, Jake Paul train like he can actually go. Uh, And so I did. I drove up to Shane Mostley's place, and I stayed that week and I trained with him, and I watched Jake Paul work and I was like, dude, this dude is he's gonna be really good, like really good. He was running up We've been around athletes our whole life. This we know athlete. When we see one running up the hills, digging, like pushing himself, like doing stuff that the normal person.
Speaker 5: Does, just know you just has that drive.
Speaker 1: He has that drive.
Speaker 5: What's your stance on the Mike Tyson fight? Him and Mike Tyson?
Speaker 1: I think I think if it gets outside of the third round, it's all Jake. I think Jake will hurt him bad. Really yeah, because Mike the power never really you don't lose the power as much. One of those inside shots will clip you. You can he can knock Jake out still at almost sixty years old. Yeah, those inside punches, body punches, head movement, all that stuff. Mike still has one of those land It's gonna hurt Jake bad. After the third round. Mike is just gonna get tired. He can't go. I mean, his power and his stamina of his movement after the third round is just gonna tank because your body just can't at that age. It's the stamina of the goals. Like somebody asks me now, because I played, I go a lineup right now, play give you twelve plays. I'm not saying they'll be great, but I can do it. But if you ask me want to play twenty twenty five, I just I can't gonna go.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 5: You can't, you know, but I was on that neck pain. You forgot about it for sure, you know.
Speaker 1: So he I think Mike is gonna look great for three rounds and he got a chance to clip Jake Paul and knock him out or at least hurt him enough where he's not as uh dominating on them last round.
Speaker 5: As a person who's boxed before. There's a bunch of rumors obviously that Jake Pulse fights are rigged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is there any truth.
Speaker 5: Of that in your mind?
Speaker 1: This is why I don't believe that those things true, because if if you're caught, you're done, you hope like all the millions. So if you if you're caught doing this stuff, you're just you're done, and nobody's gonna come to a fight anymore. You're not gonna get pay per views, You're not gonna get paid, so that one risk that you don't know that if it does get out that you're rigging fights. This is why I say that. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm just saying, with this amount of money and situation on the line, it's gonna be hard to rig because it's take one person from some his camp. They say, hey, I was paid such and such to take a dive. Right, once you do that and somebody find proof of that, you're done, just get out the sport. So it's too He's making too much money, has too much opportunities, including his other businesses and everything he promotes, to be tied to rigging fights. So I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. I'm just saying for him, it's too risky to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel you, I get it. I like that response. I think Jake Paul's gonna see that clip. He is gonna really appreciate it. Yeah, you don't like that, should hit the tier talk.
Speaker 4: I'm down. I'm down to hit tier talk. You want to explain tear talk? Yeah, So tiar talk is we're gonna do best personal celebrations. You got Tier three, start a tier three, work your way up Tier two, tier one. It's basically your top three all time. You're gonna say what your celebration is, so it might be the lights out celebration. You give a little sizzle, you give a little feedback on why you think it belongs in that tier, and then that's ultimately that is tier talk. That is tier talk. You think, do you have to go to the restroom? No, I'm good, I'm going to look up.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Body On Sports Drink, real hydration, real ingredients, packed with electrolytes, vitamins, and nothing artificial. Body Armor Sports Drinks has great tasting flavors like the strawberry banana and the orange mango. Always delicious. Show them that bottle, real quick, phenomenal stuff every time you put in your body. Get your today at Walmart or at your local grocery store near you. Let's get back to this episode. I think I'm way outgunned in this one. I think my opinion, yeah, but I think my opinion is.
Speaker 4: Not gonna you want to start. I started off.
Speaker 5: I want to see his dad first.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was the one with a little sugar on it. That was Dallas whoa, yeah, whoa. I sat the second half. We were we were going into the playoffs. Coach, you need to rest my legs.
Speaker 1: So you exerted a little bit more energy because yeah, the gentleman's dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna I just want to go up. I said, you know what, fuck it, dude, I'm not gonna tell you gus what I feel.
Speaker 1: I think. I think the.
Speaker 5: Simplicity of a celebration goes a long way with me. The elaborates all that I feel like gets I feel like gets old after a while. My Tier three is gonna go to the og feed me coined and started by the Denard Robinson Shoelace Robinson. He was actually the individual that started that celebration. Did it against our house state? Who picked it up at your leader?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 5: Hehiel Elliott, you'd be the judge my tier two.
Speaker 1: So just it's one every tier.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so tier three is like the bottom. Okay, tier two, then tier one is your favorite my tier two. This is gonna sound crazy, but a touchdown being scored, a home run being hit, you meet the other individual, not a whole lot of celebration, just a handshake. I think the handshake is it goes a long fucking way. Yeah, and my tier one and this might be my old man or everybody's old man saying, act like you've been there before. But when somebody rockets off a crazy play and they don't even act like nothing fucking happen and they just the walk off, that to me is the best celebration out there. Derrick Henry is probably the number one person doing that right now. I think the walk up, no celebration, the no selling like this dude's just been doing this forever.
Speaker 4: You're like the you like the You're like the dad talking about the Walter Payton's and Barry Sanders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you see that now. I am a celebrator. I am if I was the one scoring touchdowns. You see me come up with something new every single week. However, to me, when I watch it from a distance, I see somebody just store a touchdown, have an insane play, and then the walk up, no c You're like, Yo, this dude just must know something that we don't know. And that is my tiar talk. Now, what Will didn't tell you is we're gonna go around the room and everyone's gonna give one word to say how they feel about your tear talk.
Speaker 4: We will basic, okay, basic.
Speaker 6: Short and sweet, hyphenated wame.
Speaker 5: Jack Michigan.
Speaker 1: That was nasty. That was nasty, was kind of boring, a little bit boring, born, a little bit hyphenating.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeahh okay, boring, a little bit hyphenated born.
Speaker 4: That should be a quote graphic for Coop.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: My Tier three is going to go to Chris Johnson's touchdown celebration. I felt like I remember being in Nebraskan guys or trying to mimic his celebration. What does he call it? Chop City? Yeah? Bro, when when Chris Johnson was scoring touchdowns, everybody was glued to the TV. People are trying to mimic it. My Tier two is going to be He had talked about it earlier the Ray Lewis pregame ritual coming out of the Tunnel. I mean, just iconic, especially if you're a linebacker, like watching him do that captivate an entire stadium to the point where the man can still go out and do it in the stadium goes crazy. That's legacy. That's what Ray Lewis is about. My Tier one is gonna go. I'm going to enter in the the Wrestling World w W, f w W, the D Generation X the Sucket sign like that was taking the world by storm bro and that that is my tier one where it changed culture and that is D Generation X.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: That that was.
Speaker 1: That was like an era like that that was at era. Yeah, that was that was the attitude era. Dude, Like I don't get I don't give you who you were. I saw like Grandma's Grandma's are doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my tier talk good. You hated that, hated it because you literally you're just playing. I was like, what am I doing? They said, no. Celebration was the tier one.
Speaker 1: That that was. That was pretty bad about groundbreaking, youthful attitude hyped.
Speaker 4: Let's get from when you go, man, So yeah, you have the floor.
Speaker 1: Twer three, I'm gonna go. Uh, I'm gonna go to the Kimbay, Okay, yeah, I got I had time to think, so I'll come up strong. Yeah, I'm gonna go to Kimbay with the wagon. I'm gonna go. Ray lewis what I'm gonna pick somebody because I would pick he got ray Let's go. Uh this is a sleeper. But who I like a lot is Jared Allen the rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro right, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta be all football, any sport. I went, w W, I'm gonna go Ronaldo?
Speaker 4: What is Ronaldo? Dude? I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm not a jumping down Yeah all right, cultured, yeah, solid, elite.
Speaker 7: Unrealal tear.
Speaker 4: Hey but yours? I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, so the first time I when I did that, when that hit against Georgia Tech, my coach yanked me out the game. He pulled me out, and so I got the light switched from you know, I'm pretending to do turning the light switch on and off. But at the time I just pointed at it, and the crowd got louder, and I just, out of nowhere, I started jumping.
Speaker 4: I didn't plan it, yeah, just the body taking on. It's just this isn't that first game or.
Speaker 1: This this is the first game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This was like when I came off, when I came off in the video to the show. When it came off, I was jumping up and down and doing it. My coach yanked me out the game. Roth Frigia did, and he said, if you ever do that, ship again. You'll never play here again this week told me. So I go from up here because I had a big ass hit on ESPN, like everybody's watching crowds. So I went from here to like here in two seconds, and I got on the sideline and my defensive coordinator coach Blackney, and everybody's like, what was that?
Speaker 4: What was that dance?
Speaker 1: You know? So just how people switch, It's called us the lights out dance. I just threw that ship out there. I didn't think it was gonna stick, and it stuck. And that's how I just kept what made you do it?
Speaker 4: Again? Like was it your de corner?
Speaker 1: I just pointed at it after that because I got a piling Yeah, you know, I got the game. But when I got into the league, it was like all bets are off, like you are ship man, I went, dude, it was even now, Dude. I'll go like in the country and I'll see people doing shit across the street. It's the craziest thing ever. I was in Miami probably about six months ago, and I was going to what's the Stag Joint down in the Prime Prime. It was a group of people like six, like five or six people in the car like pulled up on a curve almost so I'm thinking, I'm like about to get robbed or some ship. I'm like, what is going on? They like literally drove up in the curve and they one guy jumped out and the other guy stuck their arm out the windows doing this.
Speaker 5: Let's fucking go.
Speaker 1: I was like, Yo, that was so not just I was bending over broke because I couldn't even stand up, and I was laughing my ass off, and I was like pouring down tears. But it's cool man to suit people people still doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you probably had a run. It probably still happens where you got. Halloween just happened where the mohawk was going.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: Man, got more questions, dude, this has been all time, Like when you were when you were doing it, I was in high school, I was in college, like you were the fucking man bro, and it was fun to watch you then. And it's crazy to think now at thirty five years old, I have a podcast and you were sitting on the bus.
Speaker 1: No, that's all, thank you. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That's you know, keep dude, I tell anybody. And obviously launching the streaming platform. People don't know the difficulty of launching your own ship, you know. So it's a lot of work behind the scenes and people see it, you know, but they don't know what all goes into it. And it's those those days you're trying to figure shit out is this working? Is that not working? And you kind of on your own in a way, and it's a big risk. You know, I launched, I launched my damn streaming service. I was at full bo getting six figure checks, sex a fight, you know, and so I finally was just like fuck it, you know, I can do this shit on my own. Just jump out there and do it. And so people don't understand the work that's you know, kind of required into doing this, the sleepless nights, like we're doing it right, or we got to put some more money here with like there's a lot of figuring out to do. And you know, I always say this, man, people are jealous or envious of the results, but they're never jealous of the work. They're never you know, jealous of the bar, you know what I'm saying. And people are just jealous or they hating them, Like, man, you you're hating But if you knew what I had to do to do this shit. You know, you guys, go and get your own facility, your on you know everything. If you you're jealous of or or hating or whatever the case is, that you want that, but you don't want that, you don't want that work, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, kudos, y'allo man, and congrats. And I'm a big fan of the show. If you look back at like the twenty the last twenty shows, y'all, I've liked everything, you know.
Speaker 4: Let's fucking we can put the old Instagram comment to bed with Vernon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, full circle, no doubt, man, Thanks man.
Speaker 4: Like subscribe, big hugs, tiny kisses. Let's get a photo. Yeah, hey, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Appreciate