Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Yes, the rumors are true.
Speaker 4: We were at the Rock Nation brunch this weekend.
Speaker 3: I believe I'm up for best dressed.
Speaker 2: From who I've seen you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, humbly, respectful, respectfully, super respect big on the respectful, Yeah, super big on the respectful. Ah, man, how did I miss no alegra That's crazy?
Speaker 5: Really yes, I miss him on Frititutionell called me after it was like, hey, you missed such and such. I was like, damn, but she was, she was right there, bro, Really yeah, I left somehow I got blamed for this. God has allowed you to be a better man and her to be a better woman. So when you finally come together, right, trying to hear.
Speaker 4: That it's all timing, but nah, but so yeah, so we definitely you know, was able to go there. So it's a few valuable points in there. They do a great job at creating fomo around us. It's a whole procedure of actually getting in and transportation and the secrecy part of it, and that all adds to the marketing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It's a great marketing play and it's created an event where people are really eager to go.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's so when you're doing your events, try to.
Speaker 4: Have some level of scarcity, try to have some level of exclusivity, some secrets to it that you know the public don't know, and then release content. These are all things that you can learn if you're doing events to something that we've learned, so they they do a great job of that. And b when we get to the brunch, you know, it's one of these things where it's great networking. You know, all of the people that you would assume to be there were there. And this goes back to us doing groundwork and establishing great relationships because it's like you never know who's watching you and you never know like who's going to be aware after something happened. So a few stories that I'll tell is like Gigs shout out to Gigs. If you know who Gigs is, he's probably the biggest rap artist that has ever come out of the UK. So when we went to roll Albert Hall, we were actually trying to get Gigs to perform and it was we was working on it for months but it just didn't happen. We actually ran into him in person the day before, but it just wasn't able to happen. But when I came out with the with the flag and I was playing his song talking to artists.
Speaker 3: Were not both we both came out teamwork but yeah, we both came out.
Speaker 4: But uh so he's waving the flags and it.
Speaker 3: Got back to him, so we've seen him this time.
Speaker 4: It was completely He was like, yo, I've seen it, seeing what y'all did things like y'all repost today.
Speaker 3: He was like, nah, y'all did some mad things out.
Speaker 2: There, like how you I like how you protected him.
Speaker 3: Just now shot to get out to you for that.
Speaker 2: So it's not the gig.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he like, I like what y'all did that.
Speaker 4: We talked to his manager, his managers like, yo, y'all turned London up, like London up. So now it's so now I'm saying that to say we created such value adding.
Speaker 6: One quote that I have to say because it was it hit me like whoa. He was like, y'all have people there and he was like yo, they text him like yo, I'm watching my heroes on stage and they're playing your music.
Speaker 2: That's crazy and he.
Speaker 4: Was like, yo, love man, you got to create such a momentum. It gets to the people that you want, you're trying to connect with. So then when you actually connect with them, now it's like, Okay.
Speaker 2: That's mutually beneficial. That's a that's a bossible. That's what I'm gonna come back to that. That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Like So when we first met him and shot at the gigs, great guy, but it was just meeting somebody, like you know, people meet him all the time. So it's like, oh, yeah, I heard about that a cool but the window buzz had built the next time we met him, it was like, okay, so that's that's that's that's a major key and.
Speaker 3: Emory legend legend.
Speaker 4: And it was crazy because it's like, you know Emory's story and I remember, you know, Jay made a song about him being locked up every every album, and so you know, Emory is just an iconic person in the culture, and you know, from working with Nip to his Puma relationships and all that, Like he's one of these dudes that everybody just says the same thing. Super solid, behind the scenes, don't really talk too much, cool, laid back dude. So when we walked up to him, we have a mutual acquaintance, and I was gonna reference the mutual acquaintance just to kind of like get him familiar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and before a good tip having someone that's a good door in.
Speaker 4: But before I even had a cheer to mention a mutual acquaintance, he was like.
Speaker 2: Yo, I love y'all.
Speaker 4: I love y'all, and then he started going he was like, yo, y'all doing something that nobody else is doing, like y'all teaching people how to fish, Like that's the most valuable thing you can do to somebody. It was just like he tapped in, say the least, like let's just like so shout out to Emory Man and then you know, just moving around the room, it's just seeing a lot of our friends and peers from Benny the Butcher and different people, Bobby Wagner, and it's like, you know, these are real, just solid relationships. That week, Yes, and you know every two change said, Yo, we gotta protect.
Speaker 2: Y'all a bunch of people, Tiffany, Cross, Angela, all them.
Speaker 4: But I will save this story for Troy so you can tell a story about about jay Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it really ties into what you just said.
Speaker 6: Reading the room and try to get a gauge on how far the impact is going. And so one of the reasons I was were like, yo, we gotta find Emory just to see. We want to see if Emory knows, then there's probably a good chance that Jay has heard about some of the stuff we've been doing. So we got Emory. I'm like, oh, perfect, every knows. We got a good chance that Jay knows. And say, now I'm skoyl in the room to see if there's any more rock you know, affiliates in the building.
Speaker 2: I know they're coming.
Speaker 6: And as we're talking to Emory, I see Jay walking, and now it's like, how are we going to get to him?
Speaker 2: Right? We got are we going to figure out? Somebody gonna introduce us? Do we wait? Do we walk over?
Speaker 6: I'm like, let's keep scouring. And so I'm trying to find as many people I see og Wan. I'm like, yo, if I get the og Won, let's just see if he knows. It's a good lesson be connected to the person exactly. Let me because if they know, the chances of big dog knows and so see one couldn't get to him. See ta ti, Yeah, like that's right hand. We got left hand Emory, right hand ta tie supposed to tie to him? You know, love the team everything they're doing. Wasn't familiar with the platform. Yeah, I said, all right, cool, Well Emory did tie? Didn't Perfect? Watching j and watching Jay me and Shoddy is sitting there and he's like, yo.
Speaker 2: Try you gotta go for it.
Speaker 6: And then my head I remember being on obviously Marcus mondays and obviously you know legion.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, when you get a chance, you gotta seize it.
Speaker 6: Crazy part is half hour I saw bigs and I started thinking about, oh I didn't seize it.
Speaker 2: And then Jay walks.
Speaker 3: Out the room and I'm like listening, drop and you.
Speaker 6: Know it's on my neck now right, shot, He's on my neck. Yo, probly told you why you ain't.
Speaker 2: Doing you just a good lesson and I'm like a shot. Business wise, wait, it's coming back. Now we're going.
Speaker 6: So now I'm still trying to I'm like, yo, Troy Carter, friend of the show, friend of leisure, close friend of James as well. Maybe he can introduce us something. Now I'm looking for Troy Carter, can't find him. I see June Ambrose. I know June Ambrose is a stylist. I'm like, all right, well, let me talk to June. She was familiar, She knew Mike be Who's stylist. Shout out to Mike. She was like, oh, tell myself, Mike, you're talking about that suit. Yeah, kill suit. The suits possible without money, possible without that's a fact. So I'm like, now I'm like because I'm looking like, yo, I know that's his stylist, that's his manager.
Speaker 2: I see a couple other people.
Speaker 6: Then I walk into Guru and I'm like, all right, back, I leave shot.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm like, I'm trying to figure this out.
Speaker 6: He's steaming, steaming the point like, yo, we might not get this opportunity. And so how it usually works, it's like, yo, I'm going for it. I'm going for it every time. And then like he's there with me, but I'm looking like, how can I make this happen?
Speaker 2: So I talked to Goo and Gul's like, yo, I love y'all.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh, bet, now my confidence is back up, right, because it's more than just courage. It's confidence and it's courage. So Gool was like, Yo, here's my number, let's exchange you know, love. I watch what y'all do. Love y'all, and so at that point, I.
Speaker 3: Go back, well, we gotta got there's another point that you don't you don't even know.
Speaker 4: So I met another guy in the party and he was like he like y'all love y'all. So I'm like, yo, here's the play that we're trying to do. We're trying to find somebody to introduce us to Jay. We'll talk about the NOS situation later on in the show. Yes, but it's always beneficial if you can find somebody that the person respects.
Speaker 2: Who makes the intro. It's really key. Well, it's important, it's vialently important.
Speaker 4: I come from a sales background, so it's like as a financial advisor, so when this is a business lesson for anybody that's in business, right, So referrals is the number one key to business, especially in sales.
Speaker 3: You have to get referrals.
Speaker 4: So my process is when I was a financial advisor, I used to push hard for referrals. I used to make people give me at least three referrals. I used to push them like I have a pen, paper I have, like can you write it down? Like but sometimes people will say, like let me get back to you know, you gotta do it now. You're not going to get back to the number. But just getting the referrals not good enough. In two days, I would call them and say can you call this person and tell them I'm going to call like you know what I'm saying, need to have that. So what we were trying to find is somebody that can walk us up to Jay, give us a ringing endorsement to him to make the conversation as opposed to doing a cold call. When I talked, I told the guy to play. He said, Yo, I'm be honest. What you's not gonna happen? I've tried that play, Ernest, what's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready to see how Square can transform your business, Visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 2: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 6: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group in P and C Bank National Association Member ATDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families will.
Speaker 7: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department at Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Not gonna happen, he said. But here's the good thing. He was like, he knows you. He's like, I'm like, how you know, He's like, because everybody knows you. He's like, he knows you. Yeah, just what he's right there? Yeah, So this is this is where you feel us an approach.
Speaker 6: This is happening like in real life, right, and so I walked back over and he's like, Chad goes to me. He's like, yo, just walk over, bro, Like this is it, this is the moment. Shoot your shot. And that once I grew that the courage was there because I'm like, yo, everybody knows what he means really.
Speaker 2: Quick, ye got y'all are huge, have large platform, right? Yeah? Why were you afraid? And then how did you get over the fear?
Speaker 6: I wasn't afraid. Okay, I wasn't afraid. I just wanted to I was interested in seeing how we were going to interact, gotcha. That was my most thing. Like the courage under stanment point was like all right, I know we have something to offer him. I was just wanting to see if he understood what we were doing. Was okay, if it was like you know what I mean, because like some of the team did, and so he's like, you gotta go over. And then I saw this gentleman talk to him, and I'm like, I don't know who.
Speaker 2: This guy is.
Speaker 5: If he's not you, he's not doing like I'm going to do at the club with the bad girl.
Speaker 6: If he told I forget now, it's like whatever I said, Yo, We're going over, right, now go over there. I'm standing there and then Angela ro walks in front of me and I'm like, damn, okay, well and let's talk to him.
Speaker 2: They're ready to know each other.
Speaker 6: And then right after that rap so he walks in and I'm like, well that's rock Nation. I'm like, now I'm just standing here. They start talking to each other. I'm like, this is it?
Speaker 2: Going for it? Tap him looks over. What's going on? Bro? I tell him who we are, what we're doing.
Speaker 6: I tell him, like, yo, you know our foundation of financial LYRICSY was a lot based on your lyrics. He's like that's dope. And then Shotty comes over and he's like so what. He's like, Yo, we got a company called erni Alesia. What's the name ern Alesia? Okay, you ever heard of it?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of it.
Speaker 4: But no, he didn't say he hasn't heard of it. But the tone of the conversation was you would assume that he had heard heard of it, but we never asked him, so we did not. We're not one hundred percent short that he didn't have it, but you would give the assumption.
Speaker 3: That what he did not he wasn't familiar.
Speaker 4: He didn't say he let me just say that he didn't say that he was familiar.
Speaker 6: So let's just say I'm assuming that he wasn't familiar. But what he did say was important. After that he said was that's dope. I'm sure we're going to cross paths again.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like first full one too when he said that. I said, we're definitely going to meet again. We're definitely going to meet.
Speaker 3: Just tell the whole story for full transparency.
Speaker 5: And tell you you got this is a masterclass even in marketing.
Speaker 2: The PR two.
Speaker 4: So we spoke a he was a class act. Yeah, extremely cool person. It was most successful usually all right, it was cool, super dope, engaged with us, looked up, looked us, you know, in our eyes or word.
Speaker 3: That's though.
Speaker 4: He's like, you know, if they need it, like they need it financial literacy, that's important, you know. So I'm like, all right, So after you know, we talked for a couple of minutes, somebody you're saying, you know, we get a pick.
Speaker 3: He said something, Hey, I've never no this, this is okay, And I'm just.
Speaker 2: Gonna say that I didn't say this part because.
Speaker 3: I ask somebody for a picture and they declined the picture.
Speaker 4: I've never had that, but I've heard stories about people saying like, yo, no I'm not a good vibe, like now it's not my time. But that's personally never happened to me. But the way he did it was such classy and so tasteful, and I understood it. And what he said was, he was like, if I take a picture now, it's going to suck up the vibe because everybody want to start taking pictures.
Speaker 2: He didn't say, he didn't say anything. He didn't even say it work. He like, kind of just like.
Speaker 4: He did, had motions like, you know, we take a picture now, it's gonna up the vibe.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 4: But what he followed up with is extremely key, he said, and he said it an extreme level of confidence. He's like, but I'm sure we're going to see each other again. Yeah, I mean, like it's not the time right now, but when we see each other again on a on a loop back, yeah, you know, there's gonna be opportunities for the absolutely And I understood it. I understood it. I didn't feel slighted. I completely understood it. What we all been there, and I understood why he didn't take the picture because it would have actually messed up.
Speaker 3: It was a crowd where he was standing at that moment.
Speaker 4: If he takes a picture, everybody was taking pictures and it just starts turning to a circus.
Speaker 3: But the way he said it was very grateful.
Speaker 4: Where he was like, Yo, we're gonna running to each other again, so you know we're just doing it.
Speaker 5: Takes to the lesson on investment too, like everything is long term. You're not going to get a hit right away.
Speaker 6: Here's the craziest part though, Right as we looked at each other like all right, cool, he's not quite familiar.
Speaker 2: We got work to do.
Speaker 6: Fast forward to maybe an hour later, fire, we see Elliott Wilson, okay, and Ellie is like.
Speaker 2: In a section with Jay. He's waving over. So this is part of the snow Leger part.
Speaker 6: You want me to get that part or that Yeah, I will get a snow Leger part.
Speaker 2: So my clips is up. I see, I see this a woman in the pink dress.
Speaker 6: I can't forgure out who it is because her back's turned to me and she's kind of in that section too. And as I'm looking trying to figure out who it is. I see Elliott Wilson and he's waving to me. He's like, YO, come here. If y'a don't know who Elliott Wilson, go do your research in a rep right, I mean, one of the best journalists in the history of hip hop. He's waving to me like come over, and I'm like, su Yo, Elliot's trying to get our attention, and he's like what for. I'm like, he's right there with Jay. So I walk over to Elliott. I walked past the woman in the pink dress because I'm Elliott. He's like, yo, pulls me to the He's like, yo, I want to introduce you to Jay Patience.
Speaker 2: He's like, y'all weren't good. Yeah, He's like, I want to introduce you to Jay.
Speaker 6: Let him know, Like what y'all doing. I was like, yo, we spoke to him. He's like, now, school, I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 2: So he leans over.
Speaker 6: He's like, yo, Jay, these guys right here, and Jay looks up and he's like, now we spoke earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we spoke. Yeah. They's sallad.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, it would have been a lot more beneficial if we would have waited, Elliott, but if the hand is.
Speaker 3: Worth two in the bush, absolutely, you don't know if that ever would have.
Speaker 2: Happened, may not have happened later exactly, not exactly.
Speaker 6: We got to shoot the shot, and then on the on the back of it was like, all right, well, patience, So I walked past the person with the pink dress.
Speaker 2: Got you.
Speaker 6: We're like, yo, this is getting kind of late the traffic situation, and that's something they'll figure out, I'm sure for the next year. It was crazy to get out of there, and so we're like, let's just leave. As we're leaving, get in the car and I look and I'm looking on Instagram and I see the person in the pink dress takes a picture and it was snow all.
Speaker 3: At that moment. How did you feel disappointed?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 4: Well, you know referrals, That's a referral that I would have. Actually, I'm like, all right, Elliott, you can't make this. This is the introduction intro. This is the introduction that we have not made yet.
Speaker 3: If you're.
Speaker 4: Interested in making an intro, we couldn't make. We couldn't through the JA intro.
Speaker 3: It's what we can.
Speaker 5: So Noel text me like your baby face and lm A want to meet you. I was in the LMA was definitely in the building.
Speaker 2: Yes, and baby Face was. He was sitting on the couch.
Speaker 3: With j Face was in the building.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's one of these things, man, close the club down, live it, you learn. But you know, it's great. It's great to be there, not to harbor at this point, but it's good to see when to change. It was love like when he see me, he was like, yeah, you know I love you, right, and I started laughing. He's like, no, no, you know I love you, bro. He said, we gotta protect you and Emory to just see how warm, embraceive he was, and it's like, what we're doing is really the most important thing, respectfully. So it's like everybody's not aware of that. Everybody doesn't know that yet, but some of the people, I'm not gonna say a few, a lot of people that do know that the level of reverence is different. And you know who always really appreciates us the most, Security and that that means the world of me because it's quote he was like, yo, everybody. Security pulled us to the side and he was like, yo, everybody that's here y'all the most. I'm most excited about y'all. Like, Yo, y'all changed my life, bro, Like I started investing and getting real estate, like like I'm hustling.
Speaker 2: I have an actual impact.
Speaker 4: So it's like now that happens all the time with security, Like everywhere we go to security.
Speaker 3: It's the people.
Speaker 4: It's the people that it's on the ground, and that's the most important thing for us because it's like all of the other stuff is gonna come absolutely because it's like the momentum starts on the ground level, you know what I mean. So it's like for us to really still have that level of impact in people's lives, that means more than anything. So it was dope experience. Shout out to Jay, We will definitely meet again. Shout out to the whole rock nation. You guys are class acts.
Speaker 3: And yeah, is.
Speaker 5: Bigger than the Grammars. I'm going to Grammar's tonight. But it's like the brunch is like the it thing to be. So the marketing they've done behind that. Watching at home, make your list of five hundred people that you want to connect with and hard to reach out because you never know and be mindful of what you say so. Toby was sitting in front of me on the plane on the way there. He told me, he was like, yo, Bro, rock with you. Your delivery be crazy.
Speaker 3: He said that didn't tell me Tom.
Speaker 2: He was like, but I rock with you like I'm working the delivery. He's like, no, just be you, but just.
Speaker 4: Say it a little palmer nice and I got you.
Speaker 8: He was looking at Man. I knew y'all was coming up. When I seen bro Ian on the plane, Oh my god. I tapped him because Toby I was at the United Masters event.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about the United Masters man at some point. But like I tapped him. He was had just finished tarting to shot to be his glasses on.
Speaker 2: I tapped him. He was like, man, I was about to punch you, he said. I looked. I was like, who tapping me?
Speaker 6: And I looked at you. Yeah, because I mean, he's one of his families. But I was just like, y'all want to tell him how great his performance was?
Speaker 2: Shot? You left something out?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: What the realist moment with Toby? No? No, no, what from the brunch.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being fores bad drop drop Mike drotrop.
Speaker 1: Droft, an illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,