Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys. This he's Talking Cowboys Straining.
Speaker 4: Live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 2: Course at the Star in Frisco, scus dot TIXI A tuxdowns and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a Monday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s WBC studios. As we are done with the mini buy everybody. It is back to work for the Dallas Cowboys. It is back to work for Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. We've got Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris.
Speaker 3: Beam in the back.
Speaker 5: I'm Kyle Yeoman's gentlemen. Hope you enjoyed your your long weekend.
Speaker 1: I did a little bit, The rest was good.
Speaker 3: Got some baseball on the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was kind of a mixed bag, you know.
Speaker 6: Stressful day for me today for those who uh who haven't opened their eyes and seen my my attire to day.
Speaker 1: My braves are up against it. You gotta win one. Gotta win one.
Speaker 3: You gotta win one, right, just one, only one, because.
Speaker 6: We won if we if we sweep the Mets, then the Diamondbacks get get in. If we split with the Mets, then we and the Mets get in and the Diamondbacks are out.
Speaker 5: If the Mets sweep, I think there's a gentleman's agreement there between the two teams.
Speaker 6: You so, but hate hate hate hate hate, So I don't I don't think so, but I will say, uh, I think I think it's a situation where if we can go ahead and win the first game, then we'll probably throw some you know, triple a arm at uh walker out there. There you go, there you go, because then we got a we got a plan for the wild card, and then that does help the Mets. So the Diamondbacks are kind of, you know, behind the eight ball, that's their problem. We just need to get our win stress and then my dogs. I know you guys saw Saturday.
Speaker 7: Man, that was a game. That was a bro that was a game, and I knew I was not gonna come here. I was not gonna come here and and uh give you a hard time about the Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: I wasn't gonna give you a hard time.
Speaker 5: That was a great That game was a class, instant classic of a football game.
Speaker 6: It was, but you know, fall intents and purposes. It was a damn good sports weekend. Cowboys won on Thursday to start it off. Yuh dogs at least, you know, showed some fight braves handle business in two consecutive days.
Speaker 1: And I just need to handle business today.
Speaker 7: It doesn't help when there's a cyborg that plays for Alabama, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like I was seventeen years Williams maybe my new favorite player ever, like of all time, genuinely insane.
Speaker 1: The players, you know, game on the line.
Speaker 6: Let's do one one on one with no single with no safety high on him.
Speaker 3: Let's just let's do that.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't really a smart move right after you take the lead for the first time after trailing thirty to seven or whatever.
Speaker 7: Seventeen he's clearly a freshman then.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He left high school early to enroll at Alabama by like a year and a half, Like it was way early to roll.
Speaker 3: And it's not only a starter.
Speaker 1: But as a dude, he's a monster tall, is he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He's only like five ten maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's build.
Speaker 6: Let me see the Eagles lost too, so that that also, yeah, that was fed sensation, sensation, and.
Speaker 7: You also have Aaron Rodgers losing, the Packers losing. It was just kind of good.
Speaker 3: I found myself.
Speaker 5: Yes, Trevander's ruined it, but it's just sitting at home yesterday and just looking up and down the slate of NFL games and saying, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, the Cowboys, it wasn't pretty on Thursday.
Speaker 5: You can definitely critique what happened, but a win is a win, and we said that on Friday, and that's that that that energy doesn't change. But whenever you see the Bears beating the Rams, the Vikings absolutely torching, the Packers again at the Colts beating the Steelers, the Broncos beating the Jets, the Bucks beating the Eagles, you go up and down the list of the NFL yesterday delicious.
Speaker 3: I like, I'm good with a win, Give me the win, give me two and two. I'm okay. It's not perfect and there's a long way.
Speaker 5: To go for this football team, but in the grand scheme of the NFL, anything can happen any given Sunday.
Speaker 3: You hear it all the time. I thought yesterday was a great example of that.
Speaker 7: It's almost like it's hard to win a game in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rumor has it. Yeah, according to it's difficult.
Speaker 3: Those other guys also get paid a lot of money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, get your win or whoever you can and look to improve.
Speaker 1: And we talked about it on Friday.
Speaker 6: It was like, you know, it, don't hang the banner after beating the New York Giants, but it's still a win.
Speaker 1: It's a win in the conference, to win in the division.
Speaker 6: And then a couple of days, three days after that, you see the Eagles get blown out by a conference opponent in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and now they're at two and two and they look like they're the ones that are in shambles. Right, So funny how week to week league baby, Funny how the storylines changed week to week. So the Cowboys just need to start taking advantage of this though. They need to start taking advantage of teams like the forty nine is struggling, the Rams struggling, the Eagles struggling and maybe trying to create some distance. And you got to catch Sam Donald. I can't believe I just said that. You have to catch Sam Donald and the undefeated Vikings as well, so you want to close that gap?
Speaker 5: Oh man, Thank god, this is like the first year and god knows how long the Vikings are not on the schedule for the Cowboys, And I'm thankful for that. Hey, Sam Donald, because Sam darnoum VP talks just like we all predicted, right, Yeah, I had that on my being.
Speaker 7: Go Cardi as I said it in on February ninety six.
Speaker 1: Sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody go back and check the table.
Speaker 1: The first of Weary Never Weary.
Speaker 5: Ryan Williams is listed at six foot that's a lie.
Speaker 7: It's he's like, yeah, five eleven or something, yeah, five twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what he takes his art supports out.
Speaker 7: He's somewhere around there. But dude is a cyborg, genuine, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Player and all respect.
Speaker 6: I know there's is quite genuine football hate between US and UH in Alabama, But much like on on Twitter, had fun watching the game with you know, Road Tide guys and gals on Twitter.
Speaker 1: It was nothing but respect. After a game like that, nothing but respect.
Speaker 7: I don't know how else you handle it, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are other ways to handle it, but.
Speaker 7: But but I don't know why you would do that when it was a game.
Speaker 6: Like that Heavyweight about twelve or exactly that almost thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time will.
Speaker 7: And Bama just happens to be all niners.
Speaker 6: But you know what I think, right, But what I think will happen to that point is I think that if you look at how we came alive in the second half, this might be a situation where because our offense have been struggling to find without Bowers and McConkie, that we've been struggling to find who's the downfield through who's the explosive guy?
Speaker 1: Supposed to be Love It supposed to be Bill.
Speaker 6: But you know, we woke up and maybe this is the pivotal pivot point for our offense because we got a gauntlet to finish. Yeah, we gotta go to Auburn, and I mean we have we have other things to take care of. So hopefully we'll see them again down the road. You hear that, Bam, we're coming from more about a week coming for more but later for that Braves win, and later for that Cowboys. One love that Eagles lost, and now let's talk about what the Cowboys are up against adversity wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that was kind of gonna be my transition.
Speaker 5: It was a great football weekend, lots of good distraction, lots of opportunity to kind of get away from the Cowboys, but you can never truly get away.
Speaker 3: From the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And Micah Parsons have you been on ESPN? Yeah, DeMarcus Lawrence, have you ever tuned in?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, both guys.
Speaker 5: Out for maybe longer than initially anticipated. We came in, came out here Friday and said, you know what my said, he was good. The law wasn't didn't seem super serious. Whatever it may be, sure enough, it's pretty serious for both guys.
Speaker 6: Yes, pretty serious. So kind of a mixed bag of news. Let's start with the bad. Yeah, Marcus Lawrence, de Marcus Lawrence. After the game, he said that he was he was in pain with his foot, but he said that he kind of downplayed it, which players tend to do. News came out that it's it is a foot spray, not a fracture. That is key to remember because De Marcus has dealt with a foot fracture before that cost him a lot of time not so long ago. So good news is no fractures. The X rays were cleaned. The MRIs were clean in that regard. They were seeking a second opinion per Stephen Jones on Friday. But DeMarcus Lawrence is likely to be out upwards of four plus weeks, so he is a prime IR candidate. Boy I would go ahead and pencil him out for the next four weeks. What works in the Cowboys favor is one of those weeks is a bye.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 6: Michael Parsons much better news, But there's an asterisk next to his He's been deemed as week to week by Stephen Jones and the Cowboys okay, so he's not been ruled out versus the Steelers. Stephen Jones make sure to make that clear. He also said that he was seeking the second opinion Michael Parsons was to see what that looks like. They're coming off of a many by what did that extra two or three days of resk look like for Micah will know as early as this Wednesday when they get back to the practice field to prepare for the Pittsburgh Steelers. But it does sound like even if Michael Parsons misses this game and maybe maybe maybe even the Detroit Lions game, he has a solid shot of being on the field against the San Francisco forty nine ers, So much better news on that front. But however you slice it, DeMarcus Lawns is going to miss some time, and if Michael Parsons misses any amount of time in conjunction with that, you're without your two best edge guys period. So you gotta figure that out. And there are some real question marks there.
Speaker 7: Real nice to have Sam Williams, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you lose.
Speaker 6: So as it went, you lost Durrance so Armstrong and Dante Fowler the Free Agency. They went to Dan Quinn and the commanders, and then Sam Williams was tasked was stepping up. He Terris his a c l at the beginning of the training camp. So then it's hey, it's a Marshaw kneeling show. Fantastic, I love it. Problem is he can't be in three places.
Speaker 3: You know he cannot?
Speaker 7: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I having figured that one out on that's not happening. Were shot.
Speaker 6: So then the question becomes who steps up in addition to Marshaw kneeling, Because yes, kneeling is going to get that many more rips, but it's got to be more than the rookie.
Speaker 1: So who is it? Who is it? Who is it?
Speaker 7: That's a great question.
Speaker 6: Who the answered Josh, I think you gotta have get some binoculars out and start start searching.
Speaker 7: I don't know, man, I'm I'm of the opinion that one hundred percent. I think you look outside, you look at what's available. Al Quad and Mohammad was a big name of training camp that you know.
Speaker 3: We liked.
Speaker 1: We we thought he'd stick.
Speaker 7: We thought he'd stick. He did not. I think that's a possibility there. But I always am in favor of trades. I'm always in favor of building your team through uh bartering in in certain senses, you know what I mean. But I don't think that's what they'll do based on the team that we're talking about.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's possible, and we will refrain other teams, it is possible, and we will refrain.
Speaker 1: From saying names.
Speaker 7: We can't we can't say name.
Speaker 6: But I do think that, you know, looking into a possible trade, that should be a viable discussion. I agree with you there free agency you have, but.
Speaker 7: Is it is it here?
Speaker 1: We'll lose a couple.
Speaker 6: Of games and it becomes that much more of a viable conversation.
Speaker 7: But you lose games and then you're like, well, I mean Mike is coming back. Well I was coming back, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that's to me, that's that's fair.
Speaker 6: But to that point, I will say this, it's a it's a Zimmer defense or defensive construct that has shown me in training camp that although not necessarily the biggest traders, they did go and get Jordan Phillips via trade to that point, but they do a lot in free agency under Zimmer. It seems so far, I'll say that. So you know, you went and you got a guy like Carl Lawston. He's gonna be tasked with stepping up as well in a huge way. And then you saw how they cycled guys in at the linebacker position. That's how Nick Vigil got here, right. You saw how they added some more guys and theval Joseph ended up here as well Albert Huggins. At one point, I mean, they're willing to go into free agency, and there's some names in free agency. Shaq Lawson comes to mind, right, yep, just as one.
Speaker 7: But it didn't want to come your last night.
Speaker 1: But before to.
Speaker 6: Your point, though, Josh before they start looking outside the building, they're going to look inside the building. I agree, and start pointing at guys and saying you, you, and you.
Speaker 3: I think it goes in order like that. I think it goes in the building.
Speaker 5: Somebody's got to step up, whether it's Marshawn Neeland, it's uh, some of these other guys that are lost.
Speaker 3: And the guys you just mentioned. Then.
Speaker 5: I think the second level of that is get on the phone, see who's out there, see who's available.
Speaker 3: There's guys.
Speaker 5: I think if you're looking to make an impact without Parsons and d Law, you're not gonna get it from Shack Loss and Randy Gregory on the open market, like you're not going to get it from those.
Speaker 6: On top of that, I think Randy might be done with football. He might be entirely based on his his uh not back and forth and based on his short stay with the Tampa Bay book.
Speaker 3: Ineers, it doesn't seem I think promising.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think he's don't. Yeah, so that's awesome.
Speaker 5: You can maybe go get Villiami Fojoko who's still out there still.
Speaker 3: He was kind of a twainer for you.
Speaker 5: More so, they were trying to push him inside than outside. I mean you already you've seen that, You've you've read that book before.
Speaker 3: You know how it is to do that.
Speaker 5: That's a dire stre That's what I'm saying. And maybe this is dire straits. We just mentioned how they've lost their top three guys and you're relying on a rookie to be your top ed rusher. There's not a whole lot of other things that I would say are dire straits in this league.
Speaker 3: And so I.
Speaker 5: Think number two on that possibility list one is inside, see who can step up. Number two is get on the phone and see what you can do in terms of a trade. And then dire straight dire straits. You're hitting this list of free agents, guys like Shack Lawson, Austin Bryant, Raheem Green, Shane Ray, Ellerson Smith, Marky Haynes.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Markey Haines was one that I looked.
Speaker 3: At as well. Yeah, those are kind of the only names that are intriguing there. I mentioned Brandy Gregory.
Speaker 1: I just I don't agree with you. I just think that he's done with football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean, do you call this dire straits if it comes to the addresser spot because I'm pretty close to that.
Speaker 6: Well, So here's the problem is you have to look at it contextually as a whole. Right, we're coming off and thankfully shouts out to guys like Mazzie Smith and that interior offensive defensive line for showing that they can go up against run of any sort and stop the period of any type of run. So that's promising, but small simple size as far as the positive nature of that. The bigger simple size is that they struggle against the run because of the interior. So if you struggle against the run because of the interior, and now you're losing, especially Marcus Lawrence arguably the best edge defender against the run. Yeah, I could say this is dire straits, right, I could say that, and I would be well within my rights to do so. I think Marshawn Kneeland moves over to that side with the Marcus Lawrence was playing, and he gets to start there. And Marshan Nieland is a monster at stopping the run on the edge. He absolutely is, I love you, but he's likely not going to play one hundred percent of the defensive snap.
Speaker 1: So who rotates in with him? Right?
Speaker 3: But I kind of just.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the linebackers now right and applies more stress to the line. It's going to make the interior have to play better. They're gonna have to take a step up. But how can you maybe hide some of those inadequate whenever it comes to edge rushers by using your linebackers and blitz cover in blitzes and different things along the way. Because that was one of the big things for Maris Leafoul out of the draft was the fact that Mike Zimmer can disguise a blitz with Mary's Leafoul and then bring either late pressure or just bring it on the interior or on the edge. Maybe you do the same thing with to Marvin overshow a lot of those guys are able to do multiple things. How do you hide it if you have some of those those lapses in terms of edge talent.
Speaker 7: I mean to kind of go back to your question about dire straits. I think two games isn't dire straits. I think, at least for this team now, it is about disguising blitzes. It is about managing that the team that you do have currently and being able to stop the run. But I think that just opens up windows for passes down the middle of the tight ends.
Speaker 1: The problem the tight.
Speaker 7: End game, I think, which we've struggled with in the past. I think that to me is a it's a it's a red flag. But I don't think it's dire straight at the moment.
Speaker 6: And I'll say this when you answer your question, Kyle, if you're going to lean and you're going to lean more heavily on your linebackers, does that mean you run more you know, four to three base to keep three linebackers out there so you can disguise and send one, et cetera, et cetera. But then that takes a defensive back off the field. You know, you're running less nickel against you know, teams that maybe want to run more twelve personnel. They want to get the tight end involved up the seam. It sacrifices coverage to support the run, and sometimes it'll work and sometimes you'll get burned. So you just gotta gotta be careful with that. And that that's the problem with this. So I can agree that it's not necessarily dire straits yet. And that's why I paused after that. You know, you post the question, cal because it's kind of like until I see it, I can't really be too concerned or too thrilled about it. But red flag is the better way to put it. It's most certainly a red flag.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely, it's it's something to worry about. And I think over the next two games, I mean, I'm looking at Najie Harris and Pat friar Mouth. You talk about twelve personnel and capable tight ends, capable running backs. Those two are capable for the Steelers, and then you go up against Detroit and to step up in both.
Speaker 3: Regards, Sam Laporta and Jamior Gibbs.
Speaker 5: I mean, you've got guys that you're going to have to stop out of these next two weeks. Oh and by the way, you've got the forty nine ers after the buye, So hopefully by that point after the buye, if if all is well, then maybe Mike is back and then you.
Speaker 3: Have to wait a little bit longer for d Law.
Speaker 5: But we talked about how important this stretch is for the Cowboys and how crucial it could be to how this season unfolds, and not having those two guys on your team, I think it is dire straits in terms of the edge rusher position, they're going to have to have somebody either set step up significantly or maybe that phone's got to start ringing.
Speaker 6: Now, as far as the pass rush is concerned, it's not a riff leg. It is dire streets because the past two games they've not been able to get significant pressure. Even with the even with and Michael Parsons, they've not been able to get to the quarterback as far as sex or concern. So if you're talking about defending the run red flag, Marshawn can maybe step in set that edge called austin, but when it comes to getting after the pass back, you just lost the general. Maybe we'll see if Michael misses the Steelers game, but maybe for a game ish you're without a generational pass rusher and you're without who is currently the team leader in sacks and DeMarcus Lawrence yep.
Speaker 1: So as a pass rush team, you are in dire straits.
Speaker 6: Who steps up in that capacity that's where it really becomes a question. And then with the run defense, you know, not only does it stress the linebackers to try to figure out, okay, maybe we'll run more base, we can send a third linebacker at the edges to kind of help seal that against the run up the middle kind of disrupt that, but the stress moves backwards, so it goes from the defensive front to the linebackers. And now because the linebackers are more stressed, now, the safeties have to do more work against twelve personnel Andy Gibbs and the porter and those and you know, the tight end coverage. The stress just simply resonates backward. And that's not what you want because then what happens is you get cooked over the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm tired of being sad. I'm tired of being said I'm sad. I'm sad because I don't want the I don't.
Speaker 7: Want a reminder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cowboys won, even lost.
Speaker 6: Adversity happens everything the NFL, no excuses, figure it out and go win the damn game.
Speaker 3: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Pack. With that being said, I wrote an article this past weekend. You high five.
Speaker 5: Five reasons to be optimistic moving forward after the first month of football. We'll talk about it and we'll give our own reasons to be optimistic for this Cowboys team when we come back with more talking Cowboys after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back. You need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 3: That's right, America's coffee is.
Speaker 5: Now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you.
Speaker 3: Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 5: Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 3: Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 8: Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Blae slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by black Cottle Coffee Company, Live from the Star and Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 3: Pause.
Speaker 5: This segment is brought to you by Quaker ode See, official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys, trusted since a sineteen seventy seven. Back here with Josh Rodriguez Patrick no C Walker. I'm Kyleie Owmens with Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: All right, high five.
Speaker 5: So this is an article series that I began back in training camp, and it's basically, Man, I have a lot of fun writing it, and so I really appreciate it. This was Josh's idea to put it on the show. Actually, he kind of gave me the idea.
Speaker 2: This week ago.
Speaker 1: Sorry fumble.
Speaker 3: That's what you get for giving good ideas. Did you get coffee spilled on the table. It's just a little bit care.
Speaker 1: That's a white shirt he's got on too. We try to take you.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's splashed that way. I think we're good. All right, but high five.
Speaker 5: It's basically every week on Friday, I release a top five list of whatever topic I feel like is relevant for the week, so on certain occasions, it's biggest dual threats that the Cowboys face on the season. Top five moments all time between the Cowboys and the Saints. This past week, though, I did top five reasons to remain optimistic after the first month of football, and.
Speaker 3: The way that I put it is September football.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy's talked about it, and it's never perfect, even if you're four and oh, like the Minnesota Vikings, I think everything is as close to perfect as you can get. But I guarantee you if you ask, they're coming down, Sam Darnold, Do you ask anybody, It's not perfect. It's rarely pretty, it's rarely good looking football. But the fact that the Cowboys emerged at two and two did what they needed to do in one two games they probably should have won, and they lost one game they probably shouldn't have lost, and that would be the same things. So I would have said three and one was a ceiling for this team. After one month of football, they're two and two. That's one game off.
Speaker 3: I'm okay.
Speaker 5: I gave five reasons to be optimistic moving forward, and I'm gonna start with number five.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: Number five is the fact that not only are you getting better on that defensive line, but your offensive line in Cooper BB is showing some solid stuff moving forward.
Speaker 3: I like what I've seen from Cooper BB.
Speaker 5: Again, not perfect, but in terms of a guy that's stepping into a starting role, switching positions, moving from guard in college to the center position in the NFL, I think he's done a phenomenal job to this point and he's starting to become an anchor of your offensive line right absolutely.
Speaker 7: And you also have to give Tyler Guyton some credit to I know it hasn't been pretty all of these games, if not, but.
Speaker 6: It's also a much more difficult position to be plopped into. I talked about this starting left tackle. You're on an island. Yeah, you're on an island and you're being isolated and it's right into the fire. So he's shown flashes of what he can be and he's shown flashes of struggles, and like we talked about, he just needs to stay off of the officials radar as far as holding his concern because now they're flagging them even when it's not a thing. But when you talk about Cooper BB shouts out to Coop Deville, because he is.
Speaker 1: He is looking quite luxurious.
Speaker 6: Coop Deville, right, he's looking quite luxurious as these games begin to go on. Four games in he's on had arguably one bad game, which was the game against the Ravens when he allowed three pressures. But again, the entire offensive line was basically a turnstyle in that game. So it's kind of a butterfly effect all the way down the line, the front five, but you know, zero pressure is allowed. Hell of a bouncepec game against the New York Giants, against one of the best defensive fronts in the NFL. So for all the fun you can make of the New York Giants, and yeah, they're a bad team overall, that defensive line is not to be fooled around with with Dexter Lawrence and guys, and Cooper BB did more than hold his own.
Speaker 1: So shouts out to Coop Deville and shouts out to him making Kyle's high five boom deservedly so so.
Speaker 5: The way that I put it on here too, it was out of all of the five starting offensive lineman, he has the second lowest pressure percentage, which is supposed to happen from your center. Your center is not supposed to allow a ton of pressures. But remember in context, change in position, rookie center, all the turnstiles on the outside of the offensive line. There's a lot of things going on there. Only Tyler Smith has a lower percentage than Cooper Beebe. He has a lower percentage than Zach Martin, has a lower percentage than Terrence Steele, and of course a lower percentage than Tyler Guyton as well. So I like what I've seen so far, twenty two pass naps and zero pressures against New York and of course an ability to anchor that offensive line is a big thing.
Speaker 3: Number four.
Speaker 5: How about special team's success for the Cowboys speak? I mean, do they have the best special teams unit in football right now?
Speaker 3: I think it's hard to argue against it.
Speaker 7: Well, they have the best special teams coordinator in all football maybe kick football darn and possibly the best kicker in all football currently. Justin Tucker is not that guy.
Speaker 1: Arguably the best returner, which is why he gets kicked away from all the time.
Speaker 5: There you go, and they say you could say you're top five in punters too, Brian Anger is the top five in the league.
Speaker 3: I mean, talk about I mean.
Speaker 5: Has been perfect so far, hasn't a says no mistakes.
Speaker 3: You have the best kicker in the league.
Speaker 5: You have possibly a top five, top ten punter, and maybe a top five returner.
Speaker 7: Yes, I would say top five returns.
Speaker 3: I would say that's the best special teams unit in football in terms of the big.
Speaker 5: Name special teamers, right, I mean special teams unit like kick coverage, punt return, punt coverage, that kind of thing. That's all I guess I'm looking for the word here.
Speaker 3: That's all relative.
Speaker 1: You also have very impactful role players on special teams.
Speaker 10: C J.
Speaker 6: Goodwin, for just got reminded of how impactful of guy like CJ.
Speaker 1: Goodwin is.
Speaker 6: And for those that are wondering coming into the season, well, why CJ. Goodwin is still taking up a roster spot because of that? Because of that on side kick? You get that on side kick in Are you still asking that question? No, you should have been asking.
Speaker 7: That's the spot, that's where, that's where the spot, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh. Number three more snaps for Demarvian Overshown. Yes, I know you guys like that.
Speaker 7: We're seeing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chef's kiss He's starting to not only and.
Speaker 5: By more snaps, I mean just playing football, just being out there and getting better. He is having more snaps and more appearances in base, which I think all of us which is what we were asking for.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, you know you've seen at least the coaches have handled handled him as a sort of a ramp upod you know what I mean. He had a ramp up period this season. He wasn't even starting over Maris Lefo. Now that's over, but he has not one snap played like he has been ramping up to anything. That guy's been a cheetah. He's been going from zero to one hundred with an anger, a vigorous anger.
Speaker 1: Brian is a little bit of Tarantino in it, a little bit.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's high enough for for overshown number three on that list?
Speaker 1: I probably would have win his highest top two.
Speaker 11: Wow, Okay, because look at the games that he wasn't necessarily a headliner, ran where the games where it was mostly base, and they had involved him more so on the base.
Speaker 6: But when they unleashed him versus Cleveland, they unleashed him versus the Giants, he stole the show in both circumstances. And this is a guy who again although technically he's not a rookie. In reality, he's a rookie. So you talk about contextually for a guy like Cooper Bebe right, apply to science, Yeah, apply science. Apply that same context to a guy like Marveon Overshown, who, unlike Cooper Bebe, is also returning from a torn acl in addition to having never taken an NFL snap prior to what he did in Cleveland. So I would I'm comfortable going top two as far as potential coming out of September that I said this at after Cleveland game. I hadn't even been before Cleveland, but I'll say after Cleveland he has Pro Bowl rookie season written all over him.
Speaker 3: Could be.
Speaker 1: So if that's the case, how can he not be viewed in the top two spots.
Speaker 7: He just has that that passion.
Speaker 1: Clearly he's having a blast, dude.
Speaker 7: You see it on the field. He's just a ball of energy, he really is.
Speaker 5: There's a shot, a video shot from Drew Ferguson's team.
Speaker 3: I don't know who specifically. Drew's team does a.
Speaker 5: Great job, but it was at MetLife Stadium after the national anthem.
Speaker 3: There's fireworks in the background.
Speaker 5: The lights are still kind of off and it's like ambiance of like blue lighting really for the Giants, but it just shined off of the white uniforms and he had his helmet off and he was just smiling.
Speaker 3: It looked like he was laughing at just joyful, and it was really cool. It was refreshing to see.
Speaker 5: Of course, if they would have lost the game, I don't want to see anything like that. However, the fact that they won the game. He played so well, and it was prior to the opening of that football game. I thought it was a cool thing to see.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a really cool shot. Whoever got it shout out to you.
Speaker 6: The guy's a football player and he's having the time of his life and he's just getting started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think he appreciates the journey that it took to come back from the injury.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of guys are just like, you know what, that is time that's wasted. That's a portion of my life I don't want to get through. I think over shown learned from that time, and you can see it being applied.
Speaker 3: It was a day out.
Speaker 7: It was so unceremonious and granted, no injury is going to ceremony. Yeah, but it happened in the preseason and then it was just done. You know, It's like, oh, okay, he was shining, he was doing great. We were all really hot, like, oh my god, are you seeing this guy out here? And then unceremoniously, you know, went out in the Jags game, which was really tough, Seahawks Seahawks game, which was really tough. And then to see him come back the way that he has.
Speaker 5: It was like eleven pm Central time. Whenever it happened, like it was late at night. It was a seven nine pm Central kick. It was like in the middle of the second quarters.
Speaker 7: I still have not caught up on sleep from that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, either this is shocking.
Speaker 6: This is a guy in de mo fionovshown who made his time, his rehab time as productive as possible. Every second it was either spent with you know, reflecting on the journey and the appreciation of appreciation of the journey to get back, or it was swatting flies to improve reaction time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you kidding crazy?
Speaker 1: He's a dude.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: He's a dude.
Speaker 5: By the way, if you want to add one of your own topics to this list, or you disagree with the one through five eight one seven, two nine zero three two nine eight is the text line where I'm going to read some of the text messages here in a second eight one seven, two nine zero three two nine eight shoot us a text if you disagree with the top five list and if you add want to add another topic to it, go for it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Number two dorom Bland eyeing a return and I kind of led this off of Patrick's article that was also on Dallas Cowboys dot com, and it was about Mike McCarthy alluded to the mini buys the first real weekend where you can see.
Speaker 3: The timeline developed for dram Bland, and.
Speaker 5: All signs at least right now are pointing to a return sooner than anticipated.
Speaker 3: So may I don't think that's going to be this week.
Speaker 5: They got to start a twenty one day pet practice window exactly, so it's not something immediate, but over the near future, you're gonna get an all pro cornerback back on your defense.
Speaker 1: Yes you are, Yes you are.
Speaker 7: Would you rather have him, uh for the Lions game or for the Niners game.
Speaker 5: I would rather have him for the Lions game because then I can also have him for they.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't you want to give him a little bit extra time?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I feel like it's most important.
Speaker 3: You're saying to play a conservative.
Speaker 6: I think the answer to that question lies in how effective or ineffective this pass rush looks against the Steelers, because if your pass rush continues to struggle, guess what, You're gonna need better coverage, right, And if that's the case, then you're about to go up against you know, Jerret Golf and his his weapons. And I'm rock you know Brown, Sam Brown and uh and Sam Laporta and Gibbs and I mean, so I would rather have him back for the Lions. Now we're having this talk again. This is contexular. Yeah, this is speculative, and this is conjecture, folks. Because it's going to be up to the Cowboys. Twenty one day practice window has to be activated first. I'm of the belief that that happens this week as far as them opening that window. And for those that don't know the technicality of it, Once that twenty one day window is open, Cowboys have twenty one days to either put him on the active roster or he reverts to season ending, ir So you also got to be careful when you open up that window because when it closes, it closes until the next season. But I think that this is when they open it because you look at the schedule and the bye week conclusive and everything. I think this is the good time. I think that's kind of what McCarthy was hinting at when I was asking him directly at you know, what's the timeline on Bland? He was like, well, we always not always, but since the injury happened, we were looking at leading into Week five and the Pittsburgh Steelers as we'll have more data than we'll have a better look at him. Feels like they're going on because he reappeared at practice, yeah, before the Ravens game as a matter of fact, So if he's been out there on the sideline getting his rehab work in, so I think this is when it happens. But as far as when he comes back, we don't know yet. But I would like to see him back for the Lions if he's ready.
Speaker 7: They got weapons. You got to be concerned about that, especially well they played at night, so we haven't really seen them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, brand new uniforms that I too, all black jerseys and then they got the blue helmets. All black jerseys before, but but the blue it's like a like a it's almost like this blue helmet and it's got like a black interior stripe.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a wild. The black logo, it's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 3: They look good.
Speaker 5: If we ever did a black uniform, oh man, I would love it, right, yeah, I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: North Texas had some sweet black uniforms.
Speaker 5: North Texas uniforms lately, dude told, yeah, top notch, go like green like that. But same record as Georgia too. They're both four and one there, Yeah, how about that might as well?
Speaker 1: I mean the same thing here.
Speaker 5: Ye are our our Both of our quarterbacks led the league in passing this past We have four hundred and.
Speaker 3: Sixty nine yards.
Speaker 1: Had some context fifty burger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one team had a fifty burger.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to pooh pool on your parade. You're doing your thing, shouts out, shouts out.
Speaker 3: Mingering by the level to this though, all right. The number number number one on.
Speaker 5: The this Week's High five in terms of reasons to be optimistic moving forward. Dak Prescott's twenty twenty three. Encore is the way that I have it, and he of course number two in MVP voting last year.
Speaker 3: The way that he's played this year is just as good. He's better, right, guy, I want Jalen.
Speaker 5: I want nothing to do with Jalen Hurts period. I think you it may be cliche, and I said that in the article. It may be cliche just because Dak's your your quarterback. One, he's your guy, but he's playing super good football. And if he's playing good football, then you've got a shot.
Speaker 7: Cliche A or not. That's the guy. Yeah, that's the guy. That's the begins and ends. It begins and ends with Dak Prescott for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: They just got they being the offense. They just got to stop leaving meat on the ball. You know, you left meat on the bone in Cleveland. After you got Brandon Cooks involved. You went on a you know, two games struggle, two plus game struggle. You didn't come up live again until the fourth quarter against the Ravens. You were able to successfully carry that over into the first quarter, first half against the Giants, and then you kind of went cold again. Right, So consistency has to be the name of the game here, But yeah, Dak Prescott, he's he's carrying because your defense is struggling, and you're two and two.
Speaker 3: And your wide receivers and wide receivers are struggling, your.
Speaker 1: Run games non existing still three right, You're not getting production from tight ends not named Jake Ferguson. So yeah, against the Ravens again, Turnstile offensive line, the pressure was there and he's still producing. So has he Does he have some throws he would like back? Absolutely?
Speaker 6: I mean I could show you a list of throws that he would like back. Also true, I could show you a list of throws that not many other quarterbacks could have made in the face of the pressure that he was up against. So he's carrying. And if October football can be cleaner and more consistently dynamic for the offense, and that goes to the weapons around Dak Prescott, then we might be talking a little less about the defense needing DeMarcus Lawrence back so quickly because the offense can be carried. But we've seen Dak Prescott in this offense, not this specific offense, but we've seen Dak Prescott carry this team in Yere's the past when the defense was just not at pre Dan Quinn era when you couldn't buy a stop and Deak was throwing for forty touchdown was in forty nine hundred yards.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I think it's gonna have to look a lot like that Dak Prescott in order for us to win these next like three or four games. And I think you're gonna have to see him absolutely bomb it through throughout the next three games. A big a stat that Nick Harris tweeted out that is kind of surprising to me is that Ceedee Lamb has disappeared from the Dallas Cow was in the second half of nearly every of every game in the season. So in Cleveland had one reception for three yards, New Orleans zero receptions, Baltimore one reception, nine yards, Giants one reception.
Speaker 1: For four yards, made on the bone.
Speaker 7: Need to find CD in the second half, and I know that's that obviously, the Baltimore game was notwithstanding intermed. That's an outlier obviously as far as the CD goes. But there are three other games right there where he has one or zero receptions. Yeah, you gotta find him in the second half. Got to find a way to get it done. All right, Let's take our second break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, quick look around the NFL, and we'll set you up for a talking Tuesday with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 8: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 3: At and T five G.
Speaker 8: Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. He Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and Sports turf Equipment. United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime.
Speaker 12: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 13: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This segment of Talking Cowboys is brought to you by in Visi Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. As we welcome you back. In final segment with Patrick Noci Walker, Chos Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back, I'm Kyle Yeoman's all right real quickly here, guys. We're running out of time and talk to a little too much Cowboys, which tends to happen on a.
Speaker 3: Show called Talking Around It.
Speaker 1: We're not just we're talking.
Speaker 5: We're talking around the NFL most surprising team.
Speaker 1: So far, mostly present team in the NFL so far.
Speaker 6: It's gotta be Sam Donald in the mid So it's gotta be and it's not simply because the Vikings are four and oh, I mean, I think we all agreed that they will be competitive, but when you look at you know, you lose your rookie.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then Sam Donald comes in, and we know the history of Sam Donald in this leading league, and you're like, yeah, okay, all right, they're just gonna have to try to figure things out going forward. Sam Donald is like, you don't have to figure a damn thing out.
Speaker 5: He's like, I'm twenty seven years old and we're gonna fight for an MVP award and home field advantage in the NFC.
Speaker 6: Sam Donald does that sound and Justin Jefferson are going off. So yeah, for me, it's it's the Vikings and Sam Donald.
Speaker 3: And I think this says a lot about Justin Jefferson too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean everybody already rected him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the respect was already super high for how how talented he is. But the fact that he just stepped in and got rid of one of the better quarterbacks in the league, and fight me on it, Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: Is still a good quarterback.
Speaker 5: Oh, let me be completely honest. Here, he leaves, goes to Atlanta, they bring in a rookie. Still looks great with the rookie in training camp before the injury or whatever that may be. And then there's Sam Donald and this dude's acting like he's catching passes from from Peyton Manning back there. I mean, it's it was, It's really impressive with Justin jen There's.
Speaker 6: Only one other receiver that I would well, only one receiver that I believe tops Justin Jefferson in the argument of he can be great no matter who the quarterback it is, it's Terry McLaurin.
Speaker 7: Oo interesting that's been done.
Speaker 6: He's been really good despite their quarterback play prior to Jays Daniels being really bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is the same.
Speaker 6: As far as talent levels are concerned, Justin Jefferson is a b to produce at a high level regardless of who is throwing you the ball.
Speaker 1: See that, I think I could.
Speaker 7: See he's up there and not a lot of players have that sample size a lot and not a lot of players have that sort of what's the word quarter And I was gonna say, but yes that, yeah, just bad quarterbacks on the roster that they keep throwing to him. And you know you've seen I don't know that you would see that with other receivers on this team, you know what I mean, Like, it's hard to mean we're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna know what it is.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna CD to step back.
Speaker 6: When Dak was injured and when Dak reappeared, CD, you know, became CD again. So and it's not a knock the CD. It's just kind of is what it is.
Speaker 7: And it ain't all right surprising for me because Patrick Hardy said the Viking, I'm gonna go with the Falcons. I'm gonna go with the Falcons because, like you said.
Speaker 3: Everybody that Kirk Cousins has had an impact on.
Speaker 7: Right, Kirk Cousins is a dude. Like he really is a dude, Like I'm I'm I'm not gonna I'm not gonna play around. No, he's he's a damn good quarterback. I think I think he's up there with Dak on terms of ability, on terms of of decision making.
Speaker 3: For the most part, Dak is better. But I see what you're saying, But like a hair, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I think they're they're right there in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Their numbers are actually super comparable.
Speaker 6: I think Kirk is eating playoffs in as well in how he doesn't get rattled because he's seen it all. Yeah, and you can in those close games, close games you could see. I mean, they almost took the Chiefs down in Atlanta. If and if not for what you could argue as a DPI that should have been called in the end zone, then.
Speaker 1: Maybe they do take the Chiefs down in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: So I think it's just it goes to the fact that Kirk has been in the league so long, he's seen it all, and he's like cool hand Luke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his prime time Kirk is not a thing anymore. No, it's not a thing anymore. I loved they play on Thursday this week.
Speaker 7: By the way, his press conference earlier, it was yesterday after he was talking, it's like, so, you know, what's the difference like being in Atlanta. He's like, there is this really cool thing where the stadium was like doing a swag and surf. Yeah. I like that when they were like swaying back and forth like you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like Kirk went to Atlanta and got some Magic City Wings and they took the change with them a little bit.
Speaker 7: He's got a little sauce to them. But I think the NFC conference as a whole, there are a lot of really good teams, it really is, and.
Speaker 1: Which is why the Cowboys need to start staggering.
Speaker 7: However, if you look at the back half of the Cowboys season, and granted, you know, you still have to be a really good team to to make the playoffs, no doubt, but I think if you look towards the back half of their season, there's plenty of room to make up. There's plenty of room to make up, regardless of what their record is at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Most disappointing team so far this season, Josh, what you get.
Speaker 7: The fact that the Eagles somehow keep winning ball games.
Speaker 3: That's disappointing.
Speaker 7: That's disappointing because they're, uh, they're They're not a great team. There really aren't. They shouldn't have the record that they have currently. They should probably be one in three. In my opinion, it's disappointing to me that they've won any games at.
Speaker 3: All, that they exist.
Speaker 7: Actually, it's disappointing that they exist on this earth. There's already a team in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Like, just just leave it to one. Just leave it to one, and starting next week we can leave that scene.
Speaker 6: God, I'm going to the AFC with this one. It's gotta be the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: It's got to be Jacksonville, oh and four. And Doug Peterson was brought in to be the QB whisper for Trevor Lawrence, and Lawrence gets the megabag and for all the flack that you know, Cowboys uh coyw's quarterbacks get and Dak Prescott being the latest one, he got his bag and all this pressure, and yeah, one hundred percent I get it.
Speaker 1: But then when you look.
Speaker 6: At a smaller market in like Jacksonville, they gave Trevor Lawrence a record setting bag at the time, and now they're on four after doing so mass and now Doug Peterson is on the hot seat. Yeah, and he went from scorching right, He went from the ice cold seat to the hot seat in a matter of four games. So for me, Jaguars are the most disappointed right now.
Speaker 5: I'll take just to be different here, I'll say Cincinnati, the team that beat Jacksonville this week for the first win. The battlespointed, Yeah, but that's the thing is, Yeah, sure they beat Jacksonville, but I don't think it anybody expected Jacksonville to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. With Joe Burrow back in the fold, you could say that about Cincinnati going into the year. Doesn't look like that yet. Sure, they've played some tough competition early on. A couple of these games are pretty tough ones overall.
Speaker 3: I mean Kansas.
Speaker 5: City actually, just kidding, they played New England, Kansas City, Washington and Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's not get carried away here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'll say Cincinnati is my disappointing team.
Speaker 7: But Joey looked actually looked better, look better.
Speaker 1: He looked better against a most disappointing Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say, Joey, I'm not handing out excuses because cowboys don't get any.
Speaker 5: So this is going to be a funny answer. Your current MVP right now, Sam Donald?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 7: Sam Donald?
Speaker 1: How can it not be?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's weird to say it tastes strange on the tongue when you say it.
Speaker 1: But through the first four week.
Speaker 3: Beat the Panthers yesterday, sorry not.
Speaker 6: Jack's first through the first four weeks, and course this can change over the course of the next three months.
Speaker 1: Of course it can't.
Speaker 6: But you can't legitimately looked me in the face through the first four games and say and say there's a more potent front runner for MVP than Sam Donald. Expectation versus production. The expectation was in almost said the wrong word in the sewage.
Speaker 1: It was in sewage. It was an e septic tank.
Speaker 6: When they lose the rookie Sam Donald comes in, they're like, oh, this season is a rap.
Speaker 1: No expectations, and then look at the production.
Speaker 3: What would you say.
Speaker 7: If we're talking expectations, I think so far, you're MVP so far, four weeks, so far, Daniels, I think I think.
Speaker 1: The expectation is different because look at.
Speaker 7: The completion percentage. Dude, for a rookie, I do what you're saying, past completions, he has thrown one interception.
Speaker 6: Man, not taking anything away from that young man. He is playing on believable. Yes, that being said, he was supposed to come in playing unbelievable. That's why you use a pick like that on a quarterback.
Speaker 7: I don't think the expectation. I don't think the expectation for Washington was that it was that because but it was that.
Speaker 1: He would turn.
Speaker 6: It was that he would help dan Quinn turn the culture as quickly as your one.
Speaker 7: You agree with that, No, I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: So then why would you you use a high pick on a quarterback like that because you expect that it's going to happen as early as you're one year one?
Speaker 7: For me, for that team that we saw last year, that that team, I don't I don't see the.
Speaker 6: New head coach, revamped roster, high pick on the quarterback historically. I'm not taking anything away from that. What I'm saying is expectations for jayde Daniels in the new and the new look Washington Commanders were stratospherically higher than what they were for Sam Darnold come in supposedly to just manage the losing US Minnesota Vikings. Yeah, right, bus drive as the bus started at the top over the bridge. That's what everybody expected. He's four and oh and it's not because he's managing the game, he's airing it out. Yes, So, Jane Daniels, he's playing ridiculous football right now.
Speaker 7: A historically great start to his NFL fair enough, historically.
Speaker 3: I wish we would have started this segment a little bit earlier. Yeah, we got a good, good stuff. We've got to go.
Speaker 5: My MVP's a fourth round compeak doing that MVP. So far Chandler Morris of North Texas Athletics. He's been fantastic to this point in the season. All right, friend John Rodriguez, Ashton Gent of Boise State for Chris Beams from Patch. R. C. Walker for Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans. We'll see tomorrow. Talking Tuesday. Give us a call eight at eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 3: We'll see you then.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.