Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike semper vv Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific sixth Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it's Thursday here on the show. And you know what that means. Actually, you don't know what that means. You know a little bit. You know, we got a lot to talk about here today. But also last night was aw Dynamite in Lovely Calgary, alb To, Canada, and our own Lance Storm was there at the show live and he had a good time. And so we're gonna talk to Lance today about his thoughts on that show. He'll be joining us along with Mike simperviv all three of us on the program today. We got a lot to talk about regarding the Dynamite Show and where we are going heading into Wembley and plenty more, and of course, in addition to that, a lot of updates on a lot of different stories, including the aw media rights deal. Stephanie Vacure is headed to WWE and we've got more details on what happened there. We've got all of the ratings notes from the last couple of days, a lot of news coming out of Mexico, not just the Stephanie story, but Chris Jericho is working the CMLL ninety first anniversary show against Mystico, who was one of the biggest stars in all of Lucha Libre. Samoa Joe's going to be out of action for a while. We have got a lot of notes on the TA n XT deal, ratings from the last couple of days and uh and of course all of the news coming out of Dynamite, and there was plenty of it, including the winners of the men's and women's owen Hart Cup tournament. We know who will be getting championship matches coming up at Wembley, and we've also got big time championship matches coming up on free television and we'll talk about how all of that might play into Wembley as well. So we will be taking your text messages four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for W online at gmail dot com, at for W online, threads, Instagram and cameo at Brian Alvarez on x and we got some site news to talk about after the break back. In a moment about.
Speaker 4: What would you do if you had a broken bone, You'd go to the doctor and use your insurance, right, Well, what would you do if you have a serious problem with drugs and alcohol? Most people do nothing until it's way too late. Your insurance can help you get clean and sober with the assistance of a place like the Detox and Treatment Helpline. Many times addiction treatment is fully covered. So why not use your insurance to treat your addiction problem just like you would if you had a broken bone. And with a family Medical Leve Act, you're allowed to take time off by law and your employer doesn't need to know the reason. So there are two good reasons you've got insurance you can use for your addiction problem and with the Family Medical Live Act, it's completely confidential. Call now eight hundred seven seven one four one two five. That's eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five. Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five.
Speaker 5: Dyah, hear that that's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance courtesy Toling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, Protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield. Get our best protection ever. Call now, you'll thank me later. Eight hundred four to two five two three one seven, eight hundred four to two five two three one seven. That's eight hundred four to two five twenty three seventeen.
Speaker 6: Listening for a free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National Research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware, and one third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer, and remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, so call right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight, eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight. That's eight hundred three five two seventy six eighteen.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network in the show.
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike scember VV also Wrestling Observe dot Com.
Speaker 7: Ad A.
Speaker 1: Lance Storm is joining us here as well.
Speaker 8: Hello Lance, How you doing?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 8: Hi, Brian?
Speaker 1: Okay, I ever him to be quiet now for a second. All right, all right, very quickly, I gotta make a couple of in house notes. All right, First off, we do have some changes with the website that I want to tell people about because some of you like, today's the day for you. So the video dot f for w online dot Com, we used to have two tiers. There was a seven ninety nine tier and a nine ninety nine tier. And actually there's another funny thing I'll mention in a second, but so he had a seven ninety nine n nine and the difference was for nine ninety nine you could watch live and on demand. Seven ninety nine you could only watch on demand. Okay, So as of today, seven ninety nine is gonna be gone. We're trying to simplify everything. There is going to be one tier. It is nine ninety nine. And if you're on the seven ninety nine tier. You will get a refund when that tier disappears, and then you will have to sign up for nine ninety nine if you want to continue to get video, and that's gonna be it. Like everything, we're trying to simplify video main site audio. We're gonna have three different options, so video will just be nine ninety nine. If you're up, you can watch the shows live, and if you're not up, you can watch the shows on replay. So that's that's the video tier, the audio tier. We will be adding Apple Podcasts pretty much at any time. I have been putting all the shows on Apple Podcasts, getting them all ready. The full archives will not be there because it's impossible. We would have to manually upload about fifteen thousand shows, which just is not gonna happen. But if you only want the podcast, you don't care about video, but you're on Apple iTunes they used to call it, they will all be available there and that is also nine. You will get Observer Radio, Observer Live, Bryan and Vinie Show, Figure four Daily, Filthy four Daily, and at some point other shows will be added as well. It will be you know, we got to train everybody to also upload their shows to Apple Podcasts. But if you just want audio, you don't want the main site. You don't want to pay fourteen ninety nine for everything. You just want to pay nine ninety nine and get your podcasts every day. Apple Music is going to be the option for you. And yes, we are working on Spotify, but listen, I'm not the tech guy. I don't know when, I don't know how, I don't know anything about it. I've just been told that's gonna be next. We're gonna work on that next. After Apple Podcasts. That's it's also nine ninety nine, and yes, that includes the Granny Show. So then the main site will be fourteen ninety nine, and that's where you can get everything. You can get all of the podcasts, all of the archives, all of the newsletters, all of the archives, the board, subscriber exclusive articles, all of that. Maybe you just want everything. It's fourteen dollars and in ninety nine cents. Somehow we we created a fourteen ninety nine tier for video. I don't even know how, and I think we were considering doing something or whatever, but anyway, we never announced it or anything, but somehow people found it and they've all signed up. I don't want to say all, but like they just decided they wanted to pay fourteen ninety nine, so I think we're gonna get rid of that one. So if you're on fourteen ninety nine, you'll get five dollars off to the nine ninety nine. I got me thinking maybe we should have like one hundred dollars tier, like if you really like it, just sign up for fun and support the site. But anyway, so those will be the three options main site fourteen ninety nine. If you want the video only all the shows, it's nine ninety nine. And if you want audio only on Apple Podcasts, it's nine ninety nine. It'll be simple, we'll be sending out an email, we're gonna be doing things to to do all of that. And apparently I've been told Apple is ready furw online dot com slash Apple if you want to pay nine ninety nine, if you're not a subscriber right now, or if you you know, just decided I can't pay, I can't pay fourteen Apple Podcasts is now ready for you f fourw online dot com slash Apple. You can go up there and sign up right now and start getting the shows on Apple podcasts immediately, So head up there and check that out and one other thing, and Lance would know about this. I was on Twitter the other day and I was like, what am I doing? What am I doing? This place sucks, It's a cesspool, like it's horrible, And I have made the decision that I am not completely done with Twitter. If you want to go to my Twitter at Brian Alvarez, my ex, I will repost things from at one FW, the main site. That's all I'm doing on there. If you want anything else with me, you're gonna have to subscribe. Now, if you're hearing this and thinking why would ever do that, I don't know. You don't have to you don't ever have to do this. But if you want my tweets, my whatever, I'm gonna be putting all of the ratings, the ratings notes up. I put up a ton of news over the last couple of days, and honestly, most importantly, and one of the main reasons I'm doing this is because I used to like to actually respond to people on Twitter. Oh you have a question, here's the answer. Oh you want to know about this? You want to do a Q and a whatever. I can't do that. On normal Twitter, because I post anything and there's eighty five thousand morons, bots, whatever, it's like impossible to sift through. So if you want to like ask me questions, subscribe on my ex and my goal is to answer everybody's questions. If I post a ratio, go hey, why do you think this, I'll try to answer it. I plan to actually have a discourse with anybody who is a subscriber on Twitter, and I'll put news up there. Yes, Mike YouTube question.
Speaker 8: Yes, is there going to be pictures of shoot bonk houses?
Speaker 1: I'll do all my pictures will go up there. I'll do videos here and there like all of that. It's like that's my Twitter now. And if you don't want to subscribe, guess what, I probably don't want you on there anyway, so get out of here. But for the rest of you, like want to have a go oh my god, that's part of it too. It's like, you know, Vinny tried to do a live show the other day Talking Talking TNA and he couldn't figure out how to get it members only, so he had to go free and like he was like, I'm never doing this again. This free chat is just a disaster. And it's true. It's sad. But here's the fact, everybody, I don't care if you subscribe to anything, but I am no longer doing anything on the internet for free because everything free on the internet sucks. The free YouTube, chat sucks, free forum suck, free Twitter, it all sucks. So if I have to charge four ninety nine to weed out all the idiots, I'll do it. If you want to pay, If you want to interact and you know, have an actual fun time on Twitter slash x with me, then it's four ninety nine. If not, don't do it, because again, if you don't want to do it, I probably don't want to interact with you on Twitter. So anyway, that's it. And actually, no, Lenny, most idiots won't pay. I have found because I have a lot of subscription options and there's almost no idiots on there at this point. It Listen, I'd rather have five idiots than fifty thousand idiots or whatever. I'm at one hundred and seventy thousand idiots. I'd rather have like ten non idiots or ten idiots or whatever than whatever. So anyway, Hey, Lance, how'd you like that Calgary Dynamite?
Speaker 7: It was a good time. I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a lot of years. You go backstage, Yeah, it was just backstage. I went down at around one in the afternoon with Don Kallas and Alex Marvez and chatted.
Speaker 1: With Anny Wright, death of WCW.
Speaker 7: Something like that. Yeah, okay, but yeah, So I got to see Jerry Lynn. Actually Jerry Morrow of Stamfeed Stampede.
Speaker 1: Jerry was there.
Speaker 7: Yep. Wow, it was really cool. Jeff Jarrett came up to say hi to him, and I guess they did a Japan tour in the early to mid nineties for SWS and Jerry remembered him and they talked about their trip to Japan. So it was a really cool day seeing a lot of good people. I watched the majority of the show from the announcer's room backstage, but got to see a lot of people. I met Tony very briefly. He's a busy man at TV, but he took thirty seconds out of his day and I got to meet him.
Speaker 1: So did he run up and just give you the biggest hug ever and mention something from like Smoky Mountain Wrestling.
Speaker 7: No, we didn't even have that much time he was literally in a meeting I assume with Creative and he literally just stuck his head out of the door real quick and said hi and welcome and nice to meet you, and he went back to his meeting.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I got a million questions for you. After the break, we'll do a full review of Dynamite, and I got more tonight on the Brain and Viny Show. But back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, let's ask Lance anything here for a while. I mean, I get answers, Lance, but my first question. I know you don't like to break k fabe or give any scoops or anything like that, but can you at least confirm that Old Luther is alive?
Speaker 7: He is alive?
Speaker 1: Okay, This dude took a flip bump off the stage through tables like Luther.
Speaker 7: Wow, he doesn't take many bumps, No, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He'll take a big one he took and it was a great bump too. That dude ran and leaped and flipped and crashed through those tables. I was like, man, look at this guy. That was great.
Speaker 7: It was a heavy angle to close the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So did you watch the actual whole show while you were back there or were you just hob nobbin?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I hobnobbed throughout the day, just chatting with people, but I missed the first I don't know, twenty minutes or so because it starts at six o'clock local, so it was sort of a oh crap, it's six twenty the show's on. I wouldn't mind seeing it. And that's when Don took me to the announcer's room, where they had a monitor that was good and some comfortable chairs. So I sat there with a few of the guys and watched pretty much everything from halfway through the Danielson match on until the first match of Collision was over.
Speaker 1: How can you hang out with these creeps und on.
Speaker 7: For thirty years? He just sort of grows on.
Speaker 1: You, I see, like a fungus exactly like.
Speaker 7: A chatted with Jerry Lynn quite a bit, which was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear that. What's his name, QTS Shredded? Is that right?
Speaker 7: He was taking photos and it was just like, oh my god, he looks amazing. I don't know if he's dieting for a competition or what, but he looked like a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to talk about the Dynamite Show here in a little while we can get some of your thoughts. But mentioned a couple of news stories related to it. So they announced some big matches coming up, including MJF and will Ospray for the international title for free on television next week. And obviously you know there are a couple of reasons for this. I mean, when they first announced it, I mean I just figured, okay, well, mgf's beating Ospray. Mgf's gonna go on a heel tear, beat Pak and beat a bunch of other people, and then will Ospray will challenge him at Wembley and that will be will Ospray's big title win at Wembley this year, is beating MGF for the international title. So obviously part of this is setting up Wembley. But the other part is the media rights deal is it's still unsigned, and we talked about this last night with Dave. I mean, one of the things they're doing is they're trying to load this show up as they reach the red zone as Tony referred to it as the goal line because you know, it's it's such an irony that you know, they're in a contract year and they're way down from where they were last year at this time, and meanwhile, like, however many years ago it was it was like WWE. They were having double digit declines, double digit declines, double digit declines. The thing was absolutely horrible. And then suddenly they ended up in a contract year and like everything went up that year, and so they signed this giant deal as a result of that. You know, they were going to make a giant they were gonna do a giant deal anyway. But just the irony that of all years for WWU to have a good year, it just happened to be contract year, and of all the years for aw you'd have a not good year, it also happens to be a contract year.
Speaker 8: Especially because Tony Kahn is involved in all of the sports, and sports you call that your contract year. You know, the guy who you're not sure about re signing for all that money ends up having a huge year and then you sign them up and then the next year they either kind of fall off or they get hurt or something like that, and I think that's been the case, even though the losses were much bigger the last time around. That's kind of been the case with WWE, I think a couple of times over the years where they were kind of having some you know, down periods, you know, some some malaise at times, and then amazingly they always end up turning in around enough where they end up with massive deals.
Speaker 1: And I think the important thing here is because you know, we've got the usual, well, the die hards, you know, who cares about ratings or whatever, they're going to get, you know what, they are probably going to get a good deal. I would expect that they'll probably get like one point here's my official prediction, exactly one point four times what they're getting now, just under one and a half times. That's what I think they're going to do.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Is that bad? Of course not? Is that good? Yeah, but you know what, it'd be cool to get double, be cool to get you know, better than that. If they were doing significantly better, they might do better than one point four times. And to me, you know it's, yeah, one point four is great. That's nothing to complain about. That's not a failure. You know, the Internet will say it's a failure, but it's not. It's very good, but you can always try to do better. That's that's my thoughts.
Speaker 8: The Internet will never know until Tony Kahn actually releases any numbers that we can find out about and really understand what the business is because the fact of the matter is, with it being a private company, we don't know what he's put into it. We don't know if WBD is a monetary partner and has been a monetary partner, what have they put in Never really gonna know, So people are gonna look at that number. But the way Tony Kahan is talking about it, he's saying, once he gets it, everything that he's put into it so far will be complete and he'll be whole and things will be good for the future. And regardless of where you stand on things, whether it BWWEAWTNAMLW anybody. The more money that any company can get from a network, that's just more money you have. They can filter down and help out a lot of people, regardless of what you think about what their product is on screen.
Speaker 1: And you know, the other thing too, is that if they got the exact same amount of money, if they got no increase, like they're already set up for years. I mean, you can cut people, you can cut costs. I mean, they don't need two hundred and fifty people in her contract.
Speaker 8: Or whatever happens to be a billionaire.
Speaker 1: There's well I'm not just that. I'm just saying, as a business, you don't need two hundred and fifty people or how many under contract. There's a lot of ways that you can cut costs. I mean, what they're making now, I mean they would be fine for years, getting another you know whatever forty percent, that would be awesome. But there's a lot of ways to cut costs if need be. It's not like if they got the same money they would be in dire straits. They might be for a little while until they you know, made some changes financially. But I think everything is going to be all right with aw But things could always be better if perhaps they were doing, you know, comparable to WWE in terms of like look at an XT. I mean they're up significantly, significantly year over year. So Stephanie Bakure, talk about this. I'm sure you talked about this yesterday, Mike I did so a couple of clarifications on everything. So she did grow up a fan of w and she has always wanted to be a WWE superstar. So you know, there was some reports yesterday, perhaps even from our site, that she never seriously considered AW, and I have been told that that is actually not true, and that in fact, she did consider both sides. And I can tell you that from the AAW side, I mean, they thought that they had her, and she has had tryouts with WWE before, and you know, one of the things is that, especially with NXT, you know, the offers that come to start an NXT, they're not that big and AW does not have an NXT, and so for a lot of people it's like, okay, well, how much is AW offering me? How much is WWE offering me? And I was told that AW made a very good deal and to the point where they thought, okay, she's she's gonna come here. And what happened was obviously WWE changed their offer and she made the decision to go there, and that of course caused a lot of issues with people that she worked for. You know, she had a lot of dates that were booked, and you know, once you signed with w W and it's kind of funny like you know, they was talking about how you know, once you signed, like you can't. But in the past, I mean there have been people who have finished off their dates elsewhere. I mean, you remember that Carl Anderson, I think it was Carl Anderson. Remember he signed and like the idea was, well, he's gonna go back to New Japan and drop his title or whatever, and people were like consistent that ain't gonna happen, and as it turned out, they let him do it. He went back and he finished off those dates and everything. Obviously, I think part of that is, you know, WWE at the time was like, we would like to work with New Japan. They were trying to get in on that deal, but it didn't work out. And I think they've they've realized that, you know, a lot of these places she's got dates booked for, you know, they're partnering with a double and it's just not gonna happen with us. So anyway, she is going to WWE, and apparently it's like a very very good deal. So all the best to her, anybody nothing, all right.
Speaker 8: You're steering this ship.
Speaker 1: Come on, Well that's why I just paused quietly to say nothing else. Hey, Lance, What do you think about Jericho doing CML all ninty first anniversary show gets Mystico. I think about that, right.
Speaker 7: He seems to do a lot of things that are unique, and I think he's really enjoying it. Actually, I talked to him about his cameo and Vietnam for the the Vietnam Vietnamese Pro Wrestling Group, and I'm just like, oh, random. Jericho likes to keep his feet in as many ponds as he can, and hey, Mexico is a big break for him, so getting to go back is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So that'll be the ninety first Anniversary show September thirteenth for CMLL, and he's facing Mystico, which is a big match. That's a big match. It's a match that could have sold out the building on any given Friday, and they're just adding it to the anniversary show. So that's a big one there. Simoe, Joe's out of action. He's going back to film. It's the name of this show, Twisted Metal on Peacock. Yeah, he plays sweet Tooth, which I've been told is the best character in the entire series. But they beat him up and laid him out and he's out for a while, so we'll talk about dynamite more after the break. Observer Live.
Speaker 10: Oh, no, stomach issues again?
Speaker 11: Stomach issues?
Speaker 2: Who are you're pancreas?
Speaker 11: I could be the real reason for your diarrhea, gas, bloating, stomach pain or lose oil these stools.
Speaker 10: I thought it was my stomach.
Speaker 1: People often do.
Speaker 11: But any of these symptoms could mean having a condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI.
Speaker 1: With EPI, the.
Speaker 11: Pancreas doesn't release enough enzymes to break down food, but EPI is manageable. Use the symptom checker on identify EPI dot com and speak with your doctor. That's identify EPI dot Com sponsored by ABVI.
Speaker 10: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Duran's Publishing right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four eight five six thousand and three eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 9: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call eighty T now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home. Don't let it be too late for you.
Speaker 2: Call right now.
Speaker 5: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of so called fast food deals out there, plus do any of them have the Wendy's Junior Bacon, cheeseburger, Chrispy fryes, everyone's favorite, nugs and a drink for just five bucks like Wendy's Biggie Bag. Nope, and that's why no other deals can be called the Wendy's Biggie Bag. That and a little thing called plagiarism. When the deal is as fresh as the meal, gotta be Wendy's Love Firs.
Speaker 2: She includes choice of BBC, Chrispy Chick, sandwich, four nugs, Junior Fridy's also drink us price pause the pation may very prices mayb hire in lest Wayne, California, if you a third party delivery. You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Networks by.
Speaker 1: The show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike semper vv, also of Wrestling Observe dot Com. By the way, should mention that NXT show on Tuesday at a giant number six hundred and fifty six thousand and a point twenty four.
Speaker 7: Joe Hendry seems to be a draw. The two times he's been on were big.
Speaker 1: There might be Joe Henry. I think it's a lot of stuff. Obviously he's two for two. I mean we had follow up, like, what's trick gonna do? He lost the title? Did they put the title on ethan page? They teased throughout the show. The funniest thing was like they kept begging the fans to say Joe Henry's name, but they just would not do it. So he finally just showed up.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I have the quarter hours come out? Yeah, okay, from the time that they announced that Javon Evans was her and was going to be out, what did the number do?
Speaker 1: Oh this again?
Speaker 8: Yes, you look, because you look, if it goes down, you can say damn it. See they said it, and people thought he was going to be in the main event, and they all tuned out. Where is Joe Henry a bigger star than Javon Evans.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, the highest quarter was the opening quarter, which did seven thirty five, and that was setting up the main event, and then it dropped to six sixty four, rose to almost seven hundred again, and I'm pretty sure that's where uh he got beaten up and then it did fall to six thirty four. But I'm listen, I'm not blaming it. Here's the thing, everybody, I'm not saying that the last few weeks was all because of Javon Evans. What I'm saying is that the declines over the last several weeks was partly because You've got people really thinking that this Javon Evans was getting a push, and then you yanked out the rug over and over and set up a four way that people didn't want to see. And that's it. Now the four way is over. We've got a new champion, tricks the challenger, and people tuned in to see this match.
Speaker 8: I wish Lance would. I don't know if you're tuned into this or not, but the guy is getting a push. You just wanted him sling shot brother.
Speaker 1: He got beat up and taken out of the tag match. You literally said, if this guy gets beat up on Tuesday, I'll be on the same page as you and he did, and you're still back on it again.
Speaker 8: If he gets beaten or pinned, which he did not. He was to set up Joe Henry.
Speaker 1: He got beaten and taken out of the main event.
Speaker 7: I think Brian's point, even if he doesn't articulate it as well as I think he should, is that, yes, Javon will be fine, but there is the opportunity, and you only get at once to really strap a rocket to somebody and make people think, holy crap, this is a new young sensation. Thank you, he's a big deal. And if you turn around on that kneecampliment that wait and hold off till later, he can still become a star. But there is that brand new breakout, you know, holy crap, this guy's a sensational, a phenom whatever. There is the possibility to really catch someone on fire if they have something special, which I think a lot of people agree Javon does. And the longer you take to light that fuse, I think the spark is a little less bright.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I think the fuse is lit, and I think they're able to rely on the reaction that he gets and that you know, does help matters because for the time being he has been unsinkable. Now they may take that away, but he to me is as much as you can be as a made man there right now. Because they had people go up to the main roster, they have new people coming in, they had a shuffle going on that maybe they didn't manage it as well. Maybe they were expecting obviously no Amdar's injury things like that kind of hurt things. But I don't know. I still think I think what's happening with well, I'm more worried about brown Breaker on the main roster than I am Jamon Evans's position within NXT, just because there's somebody who I think you could have, you know, done a run with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're both the exact same thing. Like I agree as well that they drop the ball by having Sammy beat this guy and then they go out of their way to try to give him his heat back. It's like it would have been easier to just have him win and then you don't have to give him his heat back because he's probably winning the next time around, and they wanted to make sure that we give Sammy something before we beat him.
Speaker 7: And I'm curious how big of a star a guy like Javon Evans could be if he was afforded the protection that they give the monsters. Exactly, those guys that you know don't sell much, never get beat, are presented as these indestructible, big guys and they, you know, in the past more so than now, they protect these guys as they're unbeatable. It's like, you know, you could do that with a smaller guy that's got something and see where it gets gets you.
Speaker 8: Well, you could also do with more than one guy at the same time, because they are doing that right now with Obafemi. He is that guy, so you know there is that as well too, where you know they're making him stand out so much because now he seems to be oblivious to everyone and everything.
Speaker 1: So it opens up with will Osprey coming down. MJF interrupts and they set up MJF Ospray next week on TV free for the international title, and all my booking is is uh is set up to me through Wembley and even further on because my presumption when the show is over, is MGF is beating Ospray winning the international title, beating Pak retaining the international title. Osprey gets his rematch at Wembley. Aubrey gets his big win in front of forty thousand people over MJF. Everybody is happy. So that's my booking there. And then the next match was Danielson and Hangman and I can talk a lot about this tonight. I know a lot of people were upset with the finish. I can understand because, in fact, for those of you that don't recall, I very much argued against bringing Hangman back for the owen Hart Cup. There's a reason that I said, this is a bad idea. You're bringing him back. People are going to want to see him versus swerve. You're bringing him back to immediately lose after all that time. And you know, Brian Danielson we've talked about before. For whatever reason, Dave says it was for a swerve. I don't know. Danielsen did all these interviews saying I don't want to be the world champion while he is in a match where the winner gets a shot at the world title, and here we are. My presumption is that Brian Danielson beat Swerve in Wembley and then they go on to wrestle Dream in Tacoma, a hometown Hero versus Hometown Hero match, and Swerve wins the title back there. That's my presumption for where this is going. How Hangman plays into this in the future. Who knows, but the Hangman is out. This match was awesome, by the way, fabulous match.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a great match. I do not like your thought of having both champions lose a quick one just to get it back. I think I would have Swerve win at Wembley and keep Swerve strong. Danielson is teflon and he is at the level he is at and will be at that level probably for the rest of his life. I would I'd give it to Swerve personally.
Speaker 8: Lance, did Brian ask you if it was okay to use the rolling single a crab?
Speaker 7: He didn't, but he commented as soon as he saw me in the building and knew he was going to do it.
Speaker 1: That night, we had the Samojoe Jericho Calgary street fight, which spilled into the back the entire learning. He attacked Joe, they choke slammed him onto a palette on a fork lift and Jericho drove it through the side of the building injury angle to put Jericho out of action for a while. They already put Hook out of action, so they're going on a tear Joe out of action. They're going on it. Well, he put Hook out of action too. Last week Jericho put Hook. It doesn't matter. We're gonna get a big six man or.
Speaker 8: At some point Will put himself out of action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm sure he has some point. Lance was there Actually it was a shooting star press and smoking out wrestling. He put himself out of action.
Speaker 7: No, he didn't.
Speaker 8: He work that night.
Speaker 7: Well, then he had to be out of action, right, He was out for like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: He put himself out of action. And yes, he broke the walls down yesterday. Then we had a four way for a international title shot. Pak is she Kyle Fletcher and Claudio and Pac won. There seems to be massive confusion the story is it p gets a future international title shot. He said that he wants it at Wembley. It is not specific for Wembley. I do not think they're doing a multi person match. I think it's Will Ospray versus MGF in a single and however this works out for Pack and I mean, he can get any match on Wembley, doesn't have to be for the International title. But I believe that that international title match is going to come prior to Wembley, and MGF will beat him. That is my thought. The announcement that Swerve is going to be in Blood and Guts, which led to a hangman wanting to be in Blood Guts because he's obsessed with exactly one thing, which is taking out Swerve. We had a great simple It was so simple. Mercedes comes out for a victory toast. She is a total heel. She is miles light years better as a heel.
Speaker 8: Hallelujah.
Speaker 1: Outcomes brit The place goes crazy. She starts beating up security and she heads down to the ring and Mercedes in her I thought this was her greatest moment, maybe in her career. The way she fled from the ring was so frickin funny. I was dying. It was the greatest heel run in high heels. Oh she got her and Brit gets in the ring and like the place is going nuts, and that's all they did. And the match felt so big I thought this segment was great. They didn't need any more than they did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when Mercedes Hit claimed to be the best there is, was and ever will be, that pretty much cemented her as the biggest heel in the world. In Calgary and speaking of shredded Britt looks like a billion dollars and crowds into her. So yeah, this match feels huge and that's all they needed.
Speaker 8: It's got a twelve pack, like a legit twelve pack, I believe now with her.
Speaker 1: Abs, I'm not even sure you have twelve, but she does.
Speaker 2: She does.
Speaker 1: Then we had Mariah and Willow and the Women's Own Cup final. I thought it was a good match. I thought the finish was great. They did the victory role finish that Owen used to pin Brett a WrestleMania ten. She wins the tournament and then like they just skip up the ramp together and she grabs that belt and clabbers Tony. There was no argument, there was no nothing. She got her shot and so she took out Tony and Tony bleeds. Luther gets murdered, thrown off the ramp. Tony shoves down Aubrey, I'm sorry, Mariah shoves down Aubrey and then she kisses Tony and rubs Tony's blood all over her face. Great, great angle, and you know it's funny. It's like people had so much fantasy booking for Wembley, and like all of their fantasy booking involving the men, they aren't getting those matches yet. Like the two hottest matches right now on Wembley both involve the women, Mercedes and Britt and Mariah May and Tony feel like two of the hottest rivalries in the entire company, and they both appear to be paying off at Wembley. So I like this a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this was a real strong, effective angle and it was good because I always like it's like, what was the impetus of the turn? And you know, there wasn't an actual emotional one, but there was the Mariah has been with her from the get go, and she now has her match against Tony. She no longer needs a friend, she needs an opponent to beat, and she turned on Tony, And kudos for Tony for boy, she put this angle over strong by blading like crazy, and it was a hell of a closing shot and a very effective angle.
Speaker 1: I will say that if I had one complaint about the show, and it's old school. I would not have had Brian Danielson bleeding in the opener.
Speaker 8: I would have.
Speaker 1: Saved all blood for this. This would have been even more dramatic if it was the only blood we had seen on the entire show. But we did have the uh, you know, the opening segment work. Brian actually gigged it twice. He was bleeding early and then he took a pile driver on the floor and he bled again from a different point in his head. And you know, Brian Danielson sells great. It would have It would have been just as good a match without the blood, and you could have saved it for this segment here to have it have even more impact.
Speaker 7: But was Hangman bleeding? I think he might have hardwight or maybe it was just I think.
Speaker 1: It was all about Danielson's blood on him, But it was also a lot up here in his hair, so he could have he could have got a hard way.
Speaker 7: But yeah, they worked hard.
Speaker 1: Back in the month with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: How many students do you have last night there, Lance.
Speaker 7: I think four or five of them. Wow, I know at least one worked on Collision. I saw him in the ring before I left. I didn't stay for the entire show because they're fairly long and I'm old. But yeah, Brady again, he went through my school and he got super kicked by Britt And I know at least one that wrestled on Collision, So and I was two others there for sure, and I think they might have been another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ever miss your school?
Speaker 7: I don't really like. I enjoyed it, but being a producer at TNA fulfills my wrestling needs. I enjoy the creative process. I get to work with talent regularly, so I'm I'm happy in TNA and I don't desire going back to a school.
Speaker 8: Hey wait, it's Thursday. Come on on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get some plugs in brother.
Speaker 7: TNA Impact the Night at eight o'clock Access TV in the US Fight Network in Canada, and it also airs live or in the same time slot on TNA Plus if you're a subscriber to that, So check it out. There's some big matches tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Lance, I want to thank you for doing the show here today. Lance is up with a figure four daily most every week, although during the summer who knows how it's gonna end up. And I will be back tomorrow. You know what that means. Mike Fun Friday, Oh man, oh man, It's gonna be awesome. We're gonna take some calls and some text messages and talk all the news. Always a good time on Fun Friday. You're Wrestling Observer Live. I want to thank Mike is always Lance, all my great Twitch homies, all you paying folks who are not eatings, and of course everybody in the studio. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.