Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer along with Emily Graffeo. Let's get to some stacks on the move on this Monday. Bloomberg News Managing editor from Bloomberg Markets Live Blog, Christina Kino is in the house. There were some stacks moving even though there was like general malaise in the trade. Where shall we begin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's talk about PayPal, because just because it's a snow day, it doesn't mean that m and a Monday has to stop. And it is very much attracting Emina interests and as a result, those share a secer pypl are up more than five percent, nearly six percent actually as of the clothes and so the details are that the company is attracting takeover interest from potential buyers. It has fielded meetings with several banks regarding this. At least one large is looking at the whole company, while some other suitors are only interested in a certain PayPal assets. So this is all according to Bloomber sources who have divulged some of those information. And you know this is all because PayPal has lost about half of its value over the last twelve months. It is currently training at forty dollars sixty nine cents a share versus seventy five dollars just over a year ago. And so it makes a lot of sense. It's attracting so much. I mean a lot of challenge is probably related to payments competition, right, yeah, because I mean a lot of a bank's right, like are diving into debt space in addition to kind of more traditional competitor like venmo Zell all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So customers so many different choices, yeah, alternative ways to pay for things.
Speaker 3: Too many choices, yeah, yeah, too many choices. All right, let's go to AMEX. There's a great story, right that we've been all talking about this research.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, and that is exactly why we have the American Express shares dicker a XP down seven percent as of the clothes and yes, as you mentioned, Carol, all because of the Satrini research reports. Again interesting because they're outlining a scenario. It's not a prediction, but it's still a struck nerve in markets. And so American Express one of the companies named in that report as companies that are very vulnerable to a disruption that will could be caused by AI if the scenario comes to light, and you know, some of the hypothetical scenarios that Satrini research looked at, really seeing credit card companies like Amis as well as food delivery services among the companies that are facing trouble. And yeah, we've seen now those shares down by the most in ten months as a results for that.
Speaker 4: A lot of it having to do with what you said, AI disruption, Like so many of these companies are built on what they lay out as human intelligence, and they talk about how human intelligence will really deteriorate as AI gets more powerful. Yeah, depending on if you side with the robots of peoples and to depend on whether that's good or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like I feel like so many people have said about it's how we will work and interact and use AI in our jobs and how we do things, and so I don't know, is it just like taking an app to another level? You know what I mean? Like we now there are things that I used to pick up a phone or somebody about that I just do automatically on an app.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, but there's something about the human interaction still, right, particularly in service oriented industries like credit cards. I actually would much rather speak to a human about my credit card bill than a robot.
Speaker 3: So there you go, or chap out of some sort one thing we all like to do. I think it's safe to say the pizza Dominoes.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about pizza today and domino specifically, so tiggr dps. Those shares are four percent at the close, and that is because they did report a large unexpected rise in same store sales. Consumers definitely being drawn to the pizza chain's budget friendly pies. And yeah, we've seen an increase of three point seven percent in the fourth quarter for their same store sales and that's well above the three point three percent that was projected by analysts. And of course we're also seeing an optimistic projection from them for that same metric. They're looking at about a three percent rise for that for a full year in twenty twenty six. And yeah, a lot of that because of this best deal ever pizza promotion. So what's the verdict on Dominoes then, Carol, Yeah, it's miniwhiles as you've taken used to love.
Speaker 3: I think dominoes and so I think occasionally or we'd be on the road.
Speaker 4: It's in its own world. I'm not saying it's like the same as in New York or kinetics.
Speaker 3: Is it a call fired oven?
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Is it even an oven. I think it is they have a cheap pies and stuffed crust driving the sales AREO yeah.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest s roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.