Speaker 1: Before we get started.
Speaker 2: This episode contains talk of sexual abuse and sexual assault. Please take care while listening.
Speaker 3: What was so demoralizing was feeling that I had no agency, I had no power, and if it can happen to me, it can happen to anybody else.
Speaker 2: Free Sunshine Smith is a local meteorologist in Nashville, Tennessee. She's been in the business for fifteen years, first in Saint Louis, then Nashville, bringing the daily weather to her town and becoming someone her community can count on.
Speaker 3: Having been a meteorologist here for nine years, I have a really good reputation with the community, and I have a lot of trust in this community.
Speaker 1: Bree's an active member of the community too.
Speaker 2: Her kids go to school there, she's in parent organizations, and she's on the board of several nonprofits. She goes to the local events, and she's developed this trusted reputation for quite literally being the calm in the storm. But then in October twenty twenty, something happened to shake that foundation. It all started when of you were reached out to Bree and said he'd been getting direct messages from an account that claimed to be her.
Speaker 3: So I wrote him back and I said, nope, not me. I never direct messaged you. Please report and block it. I'm sorry that happened to you. And then he wrote me again, like the next day, he said, well, I assume it was your husband because they had pictures that I only your husband would have And I said, nope, not me. Again, report and block, and then he wrote me back again and full disclosure. His emails were getting a little weirder with time, Like when he wrote me the third time, he was like, I was so excited because I've always had a crush on you. But he went ahead and wrote me for the third or fourth time and said, I grabbed screen grabs of my conversation with the impostor and I wanted you to see them. And in those screen grabs he had been chatting with this imposter via Signal.
Speaker 2: Signal is an encrypted messaging app focused on privacy and security.
Speaker 3: In those screen grabs were two images where my face had been placed on someone else's semi nude body. And there was one deep fake video that was a video I had shot at work that someone manipulated to making it look like I was saying, no, it's me, it's really bree. You can believe it. It's me, Yes, dear, it is me.
Speaker 1: It is really me.
Speaker 3: I hope this video proved to you it is the smith you are chatting to. And also I will appreciate if things are kept within us. So it was like a proof of identity video with these two pictures, and it was just awful when I saw it. I mean, just you can give them the weather lady never in a million years. So I went to my employer. At that point, I brought it to leadership's attention and I was like, look, I don't know what to do, Like this has crossed a line. This is not just a spam account. Something something awful is happening, and they said it's not illegal, there's nothing we can do. Since then, there have been dozens, if not hundreds of additional imposter accounts that have come up, I mean ten in the last seven days.
Speaker 2: Someone pretending to be bre online is creating fake social media accounts and targeting people who comment on her real social media posts. They're finding people who trust and even admire Breed from her time on the news and chatting with friends and fans. The impostor gets people to download another app where they manipulate that trust and try to convince people to send them money in exchange for things like fanclub perks and sometimes for something more.
Speaker 3: The one in October, the gentleman or the viewer said, you know, they were promising sexual favors and asked me to forward money for the comrade.
Speaker 2: Hotel breed, like so many of the victims that we talked to, tries to investigate her own abuse. She tries to track down the many impostor breeds, but what she finds is that it's impossible to keep up with.
Speaker 3: There's so many. But at least when I could catch them, I could report and block the page. When these imposters start direct messaging people saying, hey, it's Bree, I need your help. Can you come chat with me over on this private app, I can't intercept that. I'm just a meteorologist trying to be my own kind of investigative journalist here. Just this last weekend, someone on TikTok told me that there was a fake TikTok account and that TikTok account asked them to chat on Google Chat. There's just so many layers to how nefarious this is. Like the gentleman on TikTok, said that the message that came to him from the fake account was like, Hey, I don't know who to go to. My husband and I just separated. I really need some help, like domestically, I don't feel safe. And so then you get these people in the community. They're like, oh my god, Bree, what do you need? And so they, you know, the introt the first ask is a can you help me? I need help? And because this community knows me and.
Speaker 1: Trusts me, they're like, yeah, we'll help you, Bree.
Speaker 3: What do you need? So it's really.
Speaker 2: Dastardly Rhe's identity is stolen from her and weaponized against her. The extortionists are preying on the trust and reputation that she's built, and they're using sexually explicit y figs for a financial gain, and the reality of the situation takes a toll on her.
Speaker 3: For the first couple months after this happened, like I was I was unwell, I was emotionally like just it was so the paranoia and like anytime I did anything online, I was like, is this going to be distorted? Like disgusting form of identity theft? I mean, that's really what it is. It's stealing someone's identity. It's stealing their good name, it's distorting it and making it into something really vile and really vulnerable. And then it's attacking the very community that I that I've tried to protect for nine years. I mean, going through my own personal humiliation, being scared that my kids might see it. You know, my kids don't have funs, but their friends at school do. Like what if they were at school someday and someone's like, oh, look at your mom, and it's like, my god, I don't want my kids to be traumatized by that, or if someone would target my kids because they're my kids. My guiding principle through that whole first three or four months, which were really dark, I would just tell myself over and over again, remember this so you can help somebody else. Hey, remember this so you can help somebody else.
Speaker 1: Talking debris.
Speaker 2: This is the spread of sexually explicit deep fakes in real time. This type of abuse isn't limited to sites like mister deep Fakes. It's infiltrated mainstream social media and platforms across the Internet, praying on people's desires, and it won't stop. It'll keep taking down unsuspecting people, threatening trusted relationships and destabilizing communities.
Speaker 3: What was so demoralizing was feeling that I had no agency, I had no power, There were no tangible physical steps I could do. It just was very isolating and just caused my mental health to go into such a deep dark place. And if it can happen to me, it can happen to anybody else.
Speaker 2: I'm Laurie Siegel and this is Mostly Human, a tech podcast through a human lens. You're listening to part three of our four part series searching for Mister deep Fakes.
Speaker 1: So breaking news, mister deep Fakes is down. I know, plot twist. I'm talking to Roxy Hunt.
Speaker 2: She's a part of my team helping to find the anonymous man behind mister Deep Fakes, the world's largest deep fake pornography site. We'd gotten a tip from someone in the Netherlands who said that he believed a Canadian man named David Doe is mister deep Fakes. Me and my team spent three days traveling across the Toronto, Ontario area searching for David Doe. We spoke to a lot of people who knew him, and we gathered a ton of clues while we were out there. It just felt like we were so close, but we had yet to get to him in the real world.
Speaker 1: Is it working for you?
Speaker 3: No, it's like it won't even like pretend to load.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same.
Speaker 2: And now the mister d fake site is down.
Speaker 3: What do you think? Why do you think it's down?
Speaker 2: I mean, like the timing is suspicious, right. We go out there, we try to track him down, we talk to his family, we start closing in on his friends.
Speaker 1: A day later, the site is down.
Speaker 2: Maybe he thinks if he shuts it down for a minute, we're going to stop looking.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't stop, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, by the way, great, I'm happy it's down at least temporarily, but like, yeah, I still believe that there needs to be some accountability, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean we made an impact on him in some way.
Speaker 4: And sure enough, about twenty hours after it went down, it came back up.
Speaker 2: This wasn't the first time this has happened. We noticed a pattern. The site would go down for a day or so, but then it would come back up and it would be even more secure than it was before. It wasn't like all of a sudden, mister deep Fakes realized that the site was doing wrong.
Speaker 1: Actually it was the opposite.
Speaker 2: The site blackouts were likely maintenance periods to switch servers or to protect the contents in the community. Here's my producer, Nicole Bouchet.
Speaker 4: Again, they kind of moved all of the bad stuff behind registration and also disabled registration. So like everything in the forums that was talking about tutorials, guides, the deep fake face sets, the majority of that now were put kind of behind, like you had the log in, and they actually then closed log in.
Speaker 2: And I think that was like eye opening to me, like no, no, no, the threat of exposure isn't making you not want to do this. It's making you want to build up a fortress so you can continue to do this and get away with it.
Speaker 4: It definitely felt related to the fact that journalists were reaching out and asking questions. I don't think it was a coincidence that we had gone out there and three days later the site was shut down, even temporarily.
Speaker 2: So the site might have fortified itself, but so did we.
Speaker 4: You know, it had been five days from between when we got the tip and we went out there, so now we were really like, okay, let's settle in, let's dig deep on both the real world information we have and these online clues to try to build a better sense of who mister deep Fakes is and also get closer to the real person.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, how's it going good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I know it seems like very cryptic, so I appreciate you calling me back. I made my way through a list of contacts and Nicole and I had compiled people from all different parts of David Doe's life, and in one email I got confirmation, Holy shit, Hi, okay, I just have to tell you really quick. Their parents because tell me. I immediately got a response, thank you for your email. I'm away on parental leave, please reach out, and then gave me two names.
Speaker 1: So there we go.
Speaker 2: When I saw the car seat in the back of the red Mitsubishi in the driveway of David Doe's childhood home, it had all just been speculation, but now we had a definitive answer.
Speaker 1: Mister deep Fakes is a dad.
Speaker 2: And I have to say this was a complicated revelation for our team for so many personal reasons. My husband and I wanted to start a family, and roxy our producer was about to have a baby.
Speaker 5: I was pretty far along in my pregnancy. I was about to be sending out of office responses saying I'm on parental leave. To to think about the mindset that they him and his wife would be in at that moment is insane. They're they're dealing with a newborn. They're not sleeping, They're going through it all. They're bringing a new person into the world.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, David Doe's website was violating people every day.
Speaker 1: It was hard to negotiate.
Speaker 2: The main objective of this research period was tracking David Doe down.
Speaker 1: We wanted to try to find him in the real world.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest leads from our search was his name on the Official Registry of Pharmacists, which listed him as working at a hospital in Markham. So he might work in this Toronto suburb. But did he live here too?
Speaker 1: And are you and Markham?
Speaker 6: I'm just outside of Markham I grew up.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you have any idea if they just if they still live nearby or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they live, sorry, but they.
Speaker 2: Are based in like Markham as far as you're, as far as you know, and they are kind of out and about in Markham.
Speaker 4: As far as I know, Like like I said, I haven't been in contact with them, but I don't know if.
Speaker 2: He's Yeah, but as these conversations went on, I came away with something else, a clear picture of who David Doe is, or at least how he presents himself in the real world. I think we saw that you guys went to pharmacy school together and maybe connected on like a social network or something like that.
Speaker 1: So I do know David.
Speaker 3: I'm not personally in contact with him, but I do like he has friends with some of my friends.
Speaker 1: What's the family like, Oh, just see you know, they.
Speaker 6: Were just very respectful people.
Speaker 2: She's rated and.
Speaker 3: She's very sparky, cares a sort of person.
Speaker 4: He's a very kind person, like I would never ever ever expect anything bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all these phone calls are so important, Like we are beginning to paint an even fuller picture of the nuance, which I think is becoming more and more important because we're like, how does someone like this do this online?
Speaker 4: You were having these real world conversations on the one hand that made you go is this really him? On the other hand, the digital like footprint that I was digging into, like in this sort of digital underworld that we now had access to with all of his aliases and usernames connected to him. It was kind of doing the opposite. It was making it more and more clear that this was the person who had created mister deep fakes.
Speaker 2: This deeper level of access we had the online workings of David Doe and mister deep fakes. It showed us, almost step by step, someone willfully building out the site that did so much harm. We had known, for example, that there was a link between Reddit banning deep fake pornography in twenty eighteen and the emergence of mister deep Fakes, but now we could see it happening in real time. On February third, twenty eighteen, three notable things happen. A BBC article reports that Reddit is considering action against the deep fake trend because it was non consensual. That very same day, the original domain name of mister deep Fakes dpfks dot com is registered, and on a site called black hat World Forum, a thread emerges around the potential Reddit band news.
Speaker 6: This is one risky way to get traffic. I see a new porn method here. I see lots of earning potential if done right.
Speaker 2: On February seventh, the reddit band goes into effect. A few days later, the username connected to David Doe responds to that thread. He was advertising his new site.
Speaker 6: Anyone working on projects involving this deep fake Niche I have a streaming platform and forum up and running and want to grow it with someone. Let me know if you're interested.
Speaker 2: The same username starts new threads to recruit and attract people to his site.
Speaker 6: Looking for someone to upload short adult video clips to my site. There may be one hundred clips to be uploaded. Pa me with a price. Anyone active in the deep fakes community. It's currently fragmented and I want to rebuild the community. A project already have a working product, also looking for content creators. Let me know. Maybe to rebuild you should explain what it is and get some new members to join. Someone on Reddit released an app to face swap anyone. The community started making celebrity fake porn. Shortly after this was made public, all the related subreddits were banned. It's basically a program that uses AI to stitch one face onto another, termed deep fake. You heard the man, Let's rebuild this community.
Speaker 1: He saw a market opportunity.
Speaker 2: Essentially, It's likely it's like this was growing very popular on Reddit, and then all of a sudden, Reddit shuts it down because they think that this is wrong.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden, we have.
Speaker 2: This username that's associated with David Dough that we know because of this dossier that Geordie helped put together. Watching this guy not just build it, but talk about creating community traffic optimization, monetize like monetization, like improving SEO. It seems as though the David Doe did not view himself as just like, oh, I just love porn, this is a hobby. He looked at himself as a builder who was taking advantage of a market opportunity. Add the advances in artificial intelligence and what happened in twenty twenty two with chat GPT helping make this mainstream, and we are seeing a wave that nobody realizes like we're already caught up in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think we'd had our suspicions before, but I think it's really rare to actually get to like peel back that current, and that's what we were able to do with this. And what's interesting is he does there. He has over five hundred messages on black hat World that spend much before twenty eighteen, and in it he's talking about wanting to find a niche, wanting to find like the site or what thing that he would build.
Speaker 2: Even as we learned more about David Doe, the guy that was working in a hospital who was helping people, we also learned more about the site. From the beginning, it had been created to take advantage of a market opportunity aimed at non consensual abuse, to quote bring the community back together. After Reddit band the channel, it felt like we were looking at two different people, the one online and the one offline, and that discrepancy just kept widening.
Speaker 6: Best way to monetize an adult tube site right now? I have revshare banner ads.
Speaker 2: Here's brillier, I love play for.
Speaker 6: I have a one point five year old site getting one hundred thousand plus daily.
Speaker 3: So my mom actually was in the hospital there and he lives in the uniform.
Speaker 6: I am in the adult tube niche. I use crypto payments, stealth paypals, VPNs, offshore, et cetera. And I'm still paranoid.
Speaker 4: He's very a very.
Speaker 6: Nice person, thought very surprised if he's been anything involved in anything that could call.
Speaker 4: This was all happening over the course of like literally two or three weeks, and we got to a point where we did feel like we had enough to try to go back out there, especially with this like real world place of the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: The pharmacy Nicole is talking about is inside a hospital in Markham, Ontario. In an official registry of pharmacists, David Doe was listed as working in its inpatient pharmacy. Some of the contacts we spoke to also said he at least lived in that area at one time. This was our best lead to get back to Canada. The day we were scheduled to leave, I called the pharmacy to see if there was any chance he was working while we'd be there. Okay, I can, I can track his schedule.
Speaker 3: Great, thanks your hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, hello, hi bank in today.
Speaker 2: I excited to call.
Speaker 3: Okay that he should be on the unit right now and that should.
Speaker 1: Be the cellphone mond awesome.
Speaker 2: And if I'm not able to get in touch, you know, if he's there the next couple of days at all. He is here tomorrow, but it's off off Friday. Cool, all right, thank you so much, really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Thanks.
Speaker 2: I think we have to operate under the assumption that like, if we get him today, this is the thirty seconds we're going to get with him. It's six point thirty in the morning. We landed in Toronto late last night. We're now in a rental car driving to Markham Stouveville Hospital. It's a Thursday, and we know from calling the day before David Doe is working today and he won't be working tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So this is our only shot.
Speaker 2: Hope is to be able to ask him for comment, like how do you negotiate having the site that harms so many women while literally walking into a hospital where you help people. The hospital is huge and it has multiple entrances, but we were actually able to triangulate which entrance we believed he would go into based off of online directories and photos of the parking lots in the hospital. When we arrive, the parking lot is essentially empty. So we are currently outside of the place we believe where mister deep Fakes works.
Speaker 3: We're on a stakeout.
Speaker 2: He will hopefully, I mean hopefully we're in the right parking lot. He will show up any minute. A lot of things have to happen for.
Speaker 1: Us to be able to get to him, so fingers crossed.
Speaker 2: We know David Doe's shift starts at eight, and before long the parking lot fills. We move the car closer to the entrance and Nicole gets out to get another vantage point.
Speaker 1: For Okay, we're in the window.
Speaker 2: You haven't job shift that starts at eight.
Speaker 1: Chances are you get in?
Speaker 2: I mean realistically, like five minutes before, why would you get it? So even forty time is sticking by pretty slowly.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's going to go to park here.
Speaker 2: It's parking lost like full now, okay, seven forty five, A few minutes before eight, I get out of the car. I joined Nicole on the sidewalk near the entrance. That's not him right now, with that guy's glasses. That's not David, I don't think. And I also like, I just can't see anyone from far away, because you be honest, he's not him. I'm wearing a microphone to record any conversation I might have with David Doe, and we're also filming with a camera from the car and an iPhone up close.
Speaker 1: This is our plan, and now we just have to wait. The seconds are ticking by.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: There he is.
Speaker 2: Dough is walking toward the entrance wearing jeans and a light sweater. Hey, David, the moment he saw me, I could tell he knew who I was.
Speaker 1: It's Laura.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to get in touch. I just want your comment on whether or not he intentionally ducks around a truck to avoid me. I try to keep up all while talking to his back. We have strong evidence to the point that you're behind mister deep faith.
Speaker 3: David.
Speaker 2: We've been trying to get it. My mic breaks up as I walk further away from the car and the camera. I ask how he negotiates the disconnect. I'm trying to someone who's a father, someone who has a son, who's a brother, can have a site that perpetuates this type of digital abuse. Can I get any comments, David. I'm just trying to understand why it's real harm. So we just saw him, Nicole and I get back in the car to debrief something about him looking at me where he was so just like pissed.
Speaker 1: He wasn't scared.
Speaker 2: He's not scared that he did this thing and it you know, went out of control, and you know, and it started out this, but it became this that is not what.
Speaker 1: I got from that.
Speaker 2: I thought that maybe finding mister deep Fakes and having a conversation with him, maybe I could, like this is so delusional, I can't believe I'm saying it loud. I could explain to him why this thing he was doing that he didn't believe had real world harm, had real world harm. But it's not a conversation he wants to have me. Actually, quite literally, showing up here is hopefully an indicator that this is not going away, that these things that you've done online that have had real offline impact.
Speaker 1: Like it's not going to go away.
Speaker 2: You don't get to just like take yourself off social media and go to work.
Speaker 4: Does it in some way like fuel that fight?
Speaker 3: Then I just don't feel fulfilled.
Speaker 2: I've been searching for mister de Fikes for a year, right, maybe more, and finding him, I have more.
Speaker 1: Questions than answers.
Speaker 2: We waited for eight hours to see if he would come back out. It's twelve thirty three if we have four four one out four hours, so it's three fifteen three pm. Okay, I think his shift is over in the next forty five minutes, but we are like high alert in case it comes out. Our team was posted near different entry points throughout the day, but ultimately we believe he went out another exit. We have two more days here and we're not returning to the hospital because we know he's not working today. Our goal still is to figure out where he lives and see if there's any chance he would talk to us in a more private setting. And that's exactly how we spend the day, driving, ringing doorbells, searching apartment complexes.
Speaker 1: But each door, each knock, is a dead end.
Speaker 2: Roxy and I talk about that moment, like all the addresses we have, no one's answering the doors, they're the wrong places. So then we're in the car after leaving there and I just remember being like God, like I just cannot believe we can't get his address. And then Roxy just comes up with what I can only describe as the best idea ever.
Speaker 5: It was an energy that was like, Okay, anything we could possibly think of before we have to go back to New York. And so I think one of the breakthroughs being the knowledge that he was recently a parent. That was a clue that I feel like we hadn't really gone down. So I was pregnant and I had recently had a baby shower. That's why I wasn't able to join you on the last trip. And part of that was thinking, well, maybe they did they have a baby shower. Is there is there anything there? Is there an invite? Is there a registry? And then I think we thought let's go old school. Yes, there might be an online registry, but that comes from someplace real. Maybe there's just a physical brick and mortar store where they may have been registered. I just searched like Google maps for like baby stores in this area.
Speaker 6: That's a long job.
Speaker 1: It's a long shot.
Speaker 4: Thank you for calling Kenneda's greatest story at baby store?
Speaker 2: Is it possible just to see if you guys have the registry on file.
Speaker 1: Or the name?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Give me one.
Speaker 3: What's the name?
Speaker 1: First? We give David Doe's wife's name. No luck. We give David Doe's name also, no luck.
Speaker 3: Are there any other baby stores?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hold on, let me give you their phone numbers. I give the phone number for David Doe's wife.
Speaker 3: Nothing coming on.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me give you one more if that's okay.
Speaker 2: Last resort, I give mister deep Fake's phone number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Guess it's under.
Speaker 2: I did one of I think that would be it. Yeah, oh, I think I think that's it. The person on the other end, to confirm that we have the right people, gives us David Doe's home address. There's nothing on the registering. Great, awesome, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks bye. We now have their well address.
Speaker 2: We put the address into maps and find that it's only fifteen minutes away. We want to prepare before knocking on his door, and it's the end of a long day, but we figure.
Speaker 1: It can't hurt to drive by.
Speaker 2: That's his house right there.
Speaker 1: That's the house at the end of the one on the left. Here's Nicole again.
Speaker 4: We planned to go back in the morning with little prep and thinking about, like, you know, what we would say in the meantime, I like checked to make sure it was the address and it was registered to both David and his wife.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful neighborhood and the idea that like this home. As we're kind of looking at it, I'm like, whoa, It's like it looks like it we could be in mister Rogers. So like in like, you know, this home is the Truman Show. It felt like the Truman Show. That's exactly how it felt. It helped us, I would say, put together like an important puzzle piece in the whole mystery of who is this person in real life and what life are they living. After a night of preparation, we're back in the car. We drive to David Joe's address and park a few doors down from his house.
Speaker 3: By the way, shades are drawn.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't see any obvious candras or anything like.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I walk up to the house. Every shade is closed.
Speaker 2: You guys, I wait, wow, So you're gonna shade over the front door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a shade over the front door too.
Speaker 1: No one answers.
Speaker 2: I can't see into the house, but it feels lifeless. I tried checking in with the neighbors by good morning as your quick question. Yeah, do you know if David don't are here? Believe there, But I don't know today. Okay, do you know when I'm just trying to get in touch, you know when the last time you seldom.
Speaker 6: Was maybe.
Speaker 4: Definitely last week, maybe Thursday.
Speaker 1: Friday, Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well I feel like they might have gone away for the weekend.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The neighbor was like, yeah, they're usually here.
Speaker 5: It's basically like.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen him. We tried knocking on his door one more time before heading home to New York.
Speaker 1: No answer, and no one seems to be home.
Speaker 2: We would leave the next day, and I just felt so unbelievably conflicted. Technically, we'd accomplished our mission in coming out here, So why did I feel so frustrated. I have been in tech for fifteen years. I've interviewed people during hard times. I've asked hard questions.
Speaker 7: I've never been looked at with that level of disdain, like I'm yelling at your back, saying, like the harm is real, Like you're not going to listen to me today.
Speaker 2: You're not going to listen when the laws are made. You're not going to listen to women when they speak out about this. We're all going to be talking to your back, right and so like that for me, I think was a bit of a switch of being like, Okay, well you won't listen, so need to go tell every single person, like every lawmaker, every celebrity, like every every parent, like we need people to know that this thing that you're doing is so wrong and why it's so wrong. We've got to like utilize all of this to kind of create a movement around it, because we're just going to.
Speaker 1: Be speaking to us back like now, we've got to go big.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to look back on this moment because I wish I knew then what I know now.
Speaker 3: So it's you know, even though it's uncomfortable to talk about it's happening today. No, I'm speaking out for all these other women and children who are having to deal with this right now so they can have some.
Speaker 2: Justice and how this journey would take me to Paris Hillton. That's next week on Searching for Mister Deep Fakes, Part four, the final installment. Find Searching for Mister Deep Fakes Part four and the mostly Human podcast feed on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: If you've been.
Speaker 2: Targeted by sexually explicit deep fakes, we want to hear from you. Email us at hello at mostly human dot com and for resources, visit beyond mister deep fakes dot com. That's beyond mrdepfakes dot com for resources. If you are a loved one needs support, Text hope to six four six seven three or call her text nine eight eight. Mostly Human is a production of iHeart Podcasts and mostly Human Media. Searching for Mister Deep Fakes is a multi year investigation in partnership with BFD and eleven eleven Media. It's produced and edited by Lori Siegel, Nicole Bouchet, Lauren Hanson, abou Zafar, Roxy Hunt, and Tony Castle. Sound design and mixing by Derek Clements and abou Zafar. If you want to see our short form vertical docuseries on Mister Deep Fakes, go to mostly Human Media on TikTok or Paris Hilton's TikTok channel. Find us all on socials at mostly human Media. You can also watch mostly Human on our YouTube page, and if you want to get in touch, please email us at hello at mostly human dot com.
Speaker 1: We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Oh and please rate and review the show and share it with your friends.
Speaker 1: See you next week.