Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser, a long with Tim Stanek. Let's get to some stocks on the move on this Thursday. Just Metin is Bloomberg News Deputy team leader and senior reporter here in our New York studio. So yeah, let's talk about the trade. And you do have one of the Mag seven that we're going to start with.
Speaker 3: And to Tim's point, because I was going to mention using mov for the Mag seven index, so of course it is Apple down close to five percent. It had been almost down as much as seven percent earlier, but still on paceports worst day since February twelfth. So unfortunately this came on the back of those reports of corpse. Mark German from Bloomberg News putting it outs about the price increases for a number of its products. If you're looking at its iPad, it's Mac Home devices, the Vision Pro. We haven't seen those price increases just yet for sale the iPhone or iPods just yet, but potentially he was saying that could be coming so people watching that. So if you're looking at what happened this morning, because Nastek one hundred futures were at more than two percent, But then once this came back, you saw Apple, a lot of those hardware type companies, and of course the majority of those mag seven stocks all lower at this point, but you're seeing kind of the opposite effect when it comes to memory and chip stocks. They're benefiting from that because the whole reason Apple did this was because of that shortage when it comes to memory chips.
Speaker 4: But you know what's so interesting, and when Tim Cook gave that interview to the Wall Street Journal a week ago, we were actually you were and I were flying to a remote Apple share surge because of the pricing power that many analysts thought Apple had. We're going to talk with Mark a little later in our program about this specific story and the products that it does affect. But if investors think that Apple has pricing power, then raising prices should be a boon and it shouldn't actually destroy demand.
Speaker 3: And typically Apple's one of those stocks were even on massive excell off days, sometimes you see that stock either flat or marginally hire just because of the cash preserves in the amount of buybacks that company still has, so obviously it's not a complete knock on the company. But when it comes to those price pressures and the whole macro inflation story that we constantly talk about, you're obviously seeing that stock giving up those gains today, But of course chips and those memory stocks are the ones that are going to benefit from that shortage that we've seen.
Speaker 4: That's called a perfect session.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you'd say that to one of those companies that supplies stuff in the supply go to sand disks.
Speaker 3: Yes, so sand Disco, of course the best NAZAQ one hundred gainer among the top gainers for the S and P five hundred as well. So the ticker is SNDK up twenty percent on pace for its best day since January sixth. So, of course, the insatiable demand for that AI infrastructure, that's why you're seeing this stock higher. But not just that. I can't fail to mention what happened with Micron Technologies earns results after the bell yesterday. M Use the ticker symbol for Micron if you're looking at that stock up seventeen percent on pace to close at a fresh record, So blockbuster earnings reports. City was actually talking about sand Discs specifically because of the story with not just Micron, but the tight supply. They still feel like sand Disc in addition to Micron will benefit from that, and so they ended up raising its price target to twenty five hundred. It had been twenty twenty five dollars before, so they still see that as a winner in addition to Micron technology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, gosh, you gotta look at like all the related right, and also supply chain, something we talked about earlier.
Speaker 3: It's interesting though, because other chip stocks, if you're looking at AR Marvel not doing quite as well as the memory space or in video, that stock is still marginally lower today. So it's really more not ships broadly, but memory stocks by the memories that we're doing well. Yeah, which is why we kind of a chopping market today.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also then the conversation when it comes to AI, like you know, shifting once again. All right, let's get to strategy.
Speaker 3: Yes, MSTR is the ticker on this down close to eight percent, so though would be on pace four, it's worst day just since Wednesday. If you look on a monthly basis, this stock's down more than forty five percent, so formally known as micro strategy, but that would be its worst month since two thousand and two, just because there has been a number of pressure and Tim talks about this on the Crypto Show. But obviously this is tied to Bitcoin and the bear market that Bitcoin has been on. This is a big supplier when it comes to that, and there's concerns amongst strategists as far as the dividend payments strategy is going to have. There were some senior notes that basically they had to fund and there's concerns about will they make those types of payments and so in addition to that supplier, what's happening with Bitcoin almost as low as fifty eight thousand today, That's why you're seeing this stock as well as Coinbase, Marathon Digital, other stocks tied to the crypto space down a lot. But that monthly size and scope looked very painful. I mean that's over two decades for a monthly basis for that stuffy.
Speaker 4: I should have a strategy on the most or down at the lowest, going back to February twenty six of twenty twenty four, so at levels not seen in two years. Giving up all those gain senior this Trump administration.
Speaker 2: This stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.