Speaker 1: I saw this on the internet.
Speaker 2: It's a tweet from Mohammed Safa, a dude out of New York, said, no immigrant has taken your job. You were laid off by a capitalist who required cheap labor and took advantage of that immigrant to increase its profit. Nothing makes him happier than hearing you blame the immigrant and not him. It made me think of a Malcolm X quote that has always rained in my head whenever I think about immigrant, black and brown unity, this being Asian Pacific Islander Month. When I think about all those things in relation to the plight of being a specifically anti black sentiment across the world that even some of these other communities can carry, I think of this quote for Malcolm X that says, if you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing.
Speaker 1: Because that's what that quote reminded me of.
Speaker 2: Not careful, this news will have you thinking another poor person is the person keeping you poor, that another oppressed group is doing your pressing. Now, I can't tell or promise you that there's some sort of big, sinister plot that all the rich people in the world, sit around and had a meeting, and all followed the same same rule book. But it did make me think, have y'all ever heard of Willie Lynch letter? Let me put y'all on game hood politics. I imagine you don't need me to tell you anything about the one hundred and ninety ninth and two hundred mass shooting just this year. Right, and you probably have seen enough of this footage and heard enough of this story, and you know the broken record. You already know how this is gonna go. We're gonna talk about mental health and gun reform, and these fools ain't gonna do shit, and it's just gonna be yet another you're gonna hear that again, yet another. Right, and well, it's not the guns, it's mental health. Well, it's not mental health, it's the guns. Well, maybe it's both, dumb ass like and even if it's not the guns and it's the mental health, Okay, what are you gonna do about mental health?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: You what are your plans? Oh, you ain't got one, but then shut shut up? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you take away guns, okay? Cool?
Speaker 2: Like all right, so you know you took away the guns. Now what are you gonna do about mentealth. You know what I'm saying. It's like y'all, y'all already know all this stuff, y'all need like you know the role of hood politics is to help you know that you understand more than you give yourself credit for.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm more interested in how we as can folk can dialogue around this. So I want to introduce you to the Willie Lynch theory. Willie Lanz there, and I'm going to get into its history, its origins, the veracity of it and what that got to do with us. But I want to talk about it around not only does mass shootings, but also the ending of Title forty two, which is what was a COVID restriction, and what Title forty two said was because of COVID health emergency, we were in if you came seeking asylum, we didn't have to take you in because we can stop you at the border because of health restrictions.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Ending of it changes the way that asylum works. Asylum has worked in a number of different ways, but mostly asylum is a legal port of entry. You're fleeing a country, you're making an asylum claim, and generally how it's been for a while. Is it's called catch and release in some ways, in the sense that like, okay, I know the term sounds terrible, but it's kind of like this. You get here, clearly you're in distress. Okay, won't you just chill right here because I'm not going to send you.
Speaker 1: Back to chaos.
Speaker 2: Just chill right here, hold on while we get your paperwork together and see if you could stay for if you could stay for good.
Speaker 1: Kick it right here. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's almost like triaging, like let's stop the bleeding first. Now, don't don't let me explain this as if this is some sort of morally good and humane way of doing things. Ain't nothing at the border humane unless you got NGOs down there making it humane. But besides that, shout out preemptive love and search your common ground organizations I work with. But you get in there, you wait for your asylum case and sometimes, as you know, if you know any immigrants, man, that mug can take years. So while that's happening, you just like your life not on hold. You have a sponsor, you know somebody here, or you just go. You got to go while you're waiting for your asylum claim and sometimes that's not un till like four years. And at that point, I mean, you got a whole ass life here. You know what I'm saying. You probably had children, right, you done got married, so you know, you kind of build a life. But again, you're seeking asylum. You're not here illegally, you're actually waiting for your trial.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's this limbo that actually I think Embedded did a whole story on this, like this limbo of like you're here, but you're not actually here in the eyes of the law. You still haven't crossed the border. In the eyes of the law, you're still on a boat five miles outside of our shores. So you have no legal protections because you're not technically here yet, which is absurd. That's why I was like, don't act like this is humane, jo say it. But that's the process of seeking asylum.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: In addition to that, what these new laws are saying is what you'd have to do to seek asylum is you have to prove to me that you've tried at another place, that you've you've gone to another country and you've tried to get asylum there on your way here. We can't be the first person you asked is this is this is our law. And if we the first person you asked, we're gonna send you back to the first country that you try to get into and say you need to talk to them first. Because, much to the chagrin of the you know, right wing I hate immigrants circle, and I'm gonna get into how that circle sometimes be their own folk. If you if you be around some immigrant circles, you know what I'm saying, Me around my first gen Mexican wife living in the Mexican side of town, it's a plenty of foods that we could say, skin folk and kim folk. You know what I'm saying, somehow feel like they better than you because they family got in it earlier.
Speaker 1: Like but listen, let me leave that alone. I'm putting my opinion in here.
Speaker 2: That's an experience I ain't had, so let me you know what I'm saying, let me, let me, let me, let me fall back. But they like the fact that you could just kind of be here. It was the way to like trick the system if you could just oh, just go and claim asylum. It takes like ten years to get a case anyway, So at that point you don't have kids. I mean, you can't leave now, you know what I'm saying, Like you're children born here. So it's this like mixed message that's like, yo, don't come here, but come here. It's also a mixed message to the coyotes, right, like so if I'm gonna snuggle you into the country once I get you to the border, just go there and just say you claim an asylum.
Speaker 1: You good, give me my two g's. You know what I'm saying. Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, there's exception to that, like you have to have applied somewhere else. Rule one is Mexico. There is no other country in between here, so there's a particular exception from them. And there's also an exception to people to countries that we just don't like. Like if you come in here from Russia because we don't like Russia, you feel me you got a better chance. I know, I absurd, that sounds, but this is the system anyway. Title forty two is removing the COVID restrictions that were a good cover for just some blatant anti immigrant just hate moving. You say, well, I hate illegal immigration. Well we're not even talking about it. This is you're not listening to us issue these are asylum seekers. That's a perfectly legal way to get into the country. So I don't even know what you're talking about. What you're talking about illegal immigration is not what we're talking about. We talking about asylums. But since our system is just so wrought with inefficiencies and of course racism, there's so many ways to exploit it. Now I don't have an answer to none of this. Shout out to Homie justin I have no answers to none of these questions. But these are just the situations at our border. Now you couple that with the fact that the shooter at this mall down at Allen, Texas was a Latino man, which some people would make you say, well, clearly it's not a race thing or that. See, we told you these illegal immigrants are the problem, right, which both are absurd statements for a number of reasons. One because Homie had the you know, the RWDS little patch on it, which stands for right wing Death Squad. And also just look at his social media. He didn't he's bought in. So I want to talk to you all about something that it's almost like this is some free game for you to help you get your brain around a few conversations so that like when you talk about these things, you talk about them with a calibrated temperament that is steeped in a lived experience of persons of colors. You following me here, like, I'm gonna really get my teacher on right now. People always accusing people who work in the justice space communities of colors that we're always making it about race, while you're always making it about race. You're that wasn't even you're making it about race. This isn't about race. And then since they believe we're making it about race, it's like we tend to find race everywhere. You're like environmental racism, Like, what the are you telling me that you're telling me the tornadoes racist?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying. You're saying floods are racist? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, even the nature's even, So you're saying the weather's racist, right, that's what that would be the accusation. And of course that sounds stupid, right, But you know me, maybe I'm gonna give my little analogy. Maybe you could think of it like this, If you are gonna go fishing, like off a pier down to Santa Monica. You know, so ocean right, salt water, it's the ocean. It's a pretty safe bet to think that anything that comes out of comes on your hook and out of that body of water is a salt water animal. It's a salt water creature. Now, I'm pretty sure there's some of you people that are smarter than me that can tell me that there are some things that can live in both or that are actually fresh water. They just happen to have. I don't know, maybe maybe you're smarter than maybe it is. I'm just thinking it's a pretty good bet to think that if I got it out of a salt water body of water, it's going to be a salt water creature. It's kind of the same with a racist system. Whatever you build inside of a racist system is going to be calibrated towards that racism or it won't survive.
Speaker 1: It's just it's so I'm not finding it everywhere.
Speaker 2: The system requires racism for it's a function the way it's been functioning here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's an example back to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure the floods are not racist, but what are where the laws around redlining and zoning that left poor communities and communities of color being neglected for infrastructure upgrades and changes because our zip codes counted towards low income and you know, and zip code is just like a coded way of saying black neighborhood, you know what I'm saying, or a brown neighborhood. And of course I'm speaking in terms of intersectionality because I know that social class and race are separate things but also overlapped. But that's because I understand critical race theory. So those zip codes say that, like, yeah, like our levees, the levees haven't been serviced in our in our part of town for a long time. Our streets have not been updated, our pipes have not been cleaned. There's trash inside of our gutters because the city, because of a legacy of racist laws that you know, rent lined us out and zoned us out to a certain thing. Jerry Manderin that says that, like, you know, this particular district has this particular more money, So I'm gonna work more specifically towards this particular district because it was more advantageous for them. When these natural disasters happened, Yes, they hit black, brown, and underserved neighborhoods worse. It's the same water, but you haven't been taken care of us because of your racism. So yeah, that's what happens. Yes, black people can't swim. Well, you know, we weren't allowed into public pools. We got kicked off of beaches. Who I mean we okay? So no, it's like these are things that are part of everyone. How come your family don't have you know, ask your grandfather to invest in your business. Well, my granddaddy didn't get land to Homestead Act. Like what I'm trying to tell you is like it's in the system. What was the Homestead Act? Well, it was the end of the Civil War. The country was broke. We needed to give these land grants to these new plots of land we had out west. Right, those land grants were given to white peasant families. Only black people couldn't get it. The government gave them a leg up. You had farms given to you by the government. So I don't know what you mean. That's what I mean by in the system. Were you telling me land grants are racist? I'm saying it grew out of a racist system. So yes, they only gave it to white folks. I mean, it's in the water. If credits scores are given to people based on whether they can own a home and stuff like that, you're like, yeah, I might loan you one thousand dollars, but if you see that I'm trying, I'm from this zip code, trying to get.
Speaker 1: Into that zip code.
Speaker 2: You're gonna charge me sixteen percent, eighteen percent, but charge somebody else five percent, right, or just not give me the loan at all because you looked at that zip code. You know who's in that zip code, and now we can't get into that house because that zip code doesn't want a lot of black people in it. It's in the system, y'all. I'm not making this shit up. That's how it works. So yeah, I'm seeing it everywhere because it is everywhere. It affects every area of my life, which ain't my choice. I wish it didn't. That's the next point I want to bring up is that because of this type of institution, we've built communities of color and white people for that matter, but I think mostly communities of color. I'll explain how this affects white folks too, but I think communities we're our identities are so flattened that we're expected to speak for all of us the type of dynamic just normal ass being a normal, dynamic human is with complicated thoughts and feelings and experiences. It's just not awarded to us because there's this big gaze of gazes and eyes y'all of like our identities being a political unit for which our rights are measured against. That's just that's how a racist system works, you know. And it's not that what I want. So then you say, well, then why are you creating laws? We're trying to fix the we're calibrating the problem, Like it's because I'm trying to fix the problem, Like does that make sense? And I think with white folks, it's like that's why you're always like, damn, not all white people. My answers didn't hold slaves. Those are just racist fucks. Yeah, I know, because we're in a system that flattens you too, that took white people and created whiteness.
Speaker 1: You're stuck in it too, don't you understand?
Speaker 2: You're a victim too, you know how I know, go into any rural community, going to any poor white trailer park, toughest nails sawmill, working coal mine. They like, look, this whiteness ain't help me at all. Like they like, look, these people don't love me neither they understand that like na them niggas don't speak for me. But what the system has done is which gets me to what I'm about to talk about, is to say, rather than be mad at the people causing that or the institution that is causing that, you mad at immigrants, you mad at black people.
Speaker 1: And your cheerleader, your.
Speaker 2: Champion, is this man Donald Trump and this right wing conservative people that is telling you that them mother colored folks is your problem. You know, you one of us. We want to save America for you. And what your answer should be is, well, when you're gonna start doing that, I'm my my daddy and my granddaddy and his granddaddy before that been working these minds. I know our lot ain't changed. So what what what America you saving? You should be looking at it and being like, Hey, this Filipino immigrant that I'm sharing this number four with extra fries with because that's the only money that we got. That man got black lung, like I do. Where are my healthcare at? Like? Where are my job training? I mean if we're not gonna stop electric cars from happening. When you go, I mean you were trying to save our jobs, nigging, Like what's up with the training? You know what I'm saying, Like we're doing all this cold? What's up with my like, what's up with my lung cancer?
Speaker 1: Stuff? Like you're not really helping me, are you?
Speaker 2: When you're gonna make us great, you're gonna pick us over them, when you're gonna come pick us, that's you should be saying. But as Malcolm X said, listen, if we're not careful, he say, newspapers because that was his time.
Speaker 1: You had them.
Speaker 2: Newspapers will have an oppressed person hating another oppressed person instead of day oppressor. Let's talk about the Willy Lynch papers next. All right, let me get to it and tie this all up together. Now. The Willie Lynch letter is Willie Lynch Letter and the making of a slave. Now, this was reported to be done by a man named William Lynch who was supposedly in seventeen twelve gave this speech. He was from the Caribbean, from Haiti, and supposedly this was like the basically the owner's manual to how to break a slave. Now the letter has been essentially debunked in the sense that.
Speaker 1: It's probably not what it purports to be.
Speaker 2: Now, some would use the term hoax, right, And it's kind of because of there's some language in there that wouldn't match the year seventeen twelve that clearly comes from another time. But it started popping up around the nineteen seventies. I remember my dad used to talk to me about it and about the process again of breaking a slave and making your property submit.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's a really hard read, but here's an introduction. The infamous Willie Lynch letters gives both African and Caucasian students and teachers some insight concerning the brutal, humane psychology behind the African slave trade. The materialistic viewpoint of the Southern plantation owners is that slavery was a business and the victims of chavel slavery were mere ponds in an economic game of the bauchery, crossbreeding, interracial rape, and mental conditioning of the Neegord race that they considered subhuman.
Speaker 1: Now, I want you to get this point.
Speaker 2: Whether this is factual or not, is not the point that I'm bringing up, because I think there's a good case to say that, Yeah, like, there's usually the way that history works. There's usually not one like master document or owner's manual that would set up and be the guide for multinational, multi generational system in multiple countries, you know, I mean, my lord, Like, there would have been volumes and volumes of academic scrutiny around this thing.
Speaker 1: Were it what it proposed to be.
Speaker 2: Now that being said, if it came up in the seventies, I don't know who actually wrote this thing, but that's not even the point of this pod. But you have to remember what was happening in the time of the seventies, right, you know, post Civil rights, black power movement, you know, after the Wars, and you know, the advent of a lot of like violence in inner city streets, and this new type of black love was re emerging. So when you look at the content that I'm about to tell y'all about a little more, and you lined up next to first hand accounts from slaves, right, it's hard not to think because of the way that all these different accounts from all these different plantations across the Americas, it's hard to not feel like, damn, like, are y'all all reading from the same book.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right? You know, like how black people, you know, always be like, yo, it's a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: It's the man keeping us down.
Speaker 2: It's hard to not feel like that because of how much of these systems all work together.
Speaker 1: It's like, damn, it's like, do y'all all sit around the same.
Speaker 2: Table when you look at the types of stories and first hand accounts and not only from written but you know at the time you talk about like your great grandma and them stories that you heard from your own family.
Speaker 1: When you place them all together.
Speaker 2: Even if this is this was a tool for teaching, and it was fictionalized for the purpose of understanding something that would communicate a truth to us now, then it wouldn't make sense. It's not so much that it's a hoax, but it's a way of fictionalizing and encapsulating things that are clear we're happening to us and still affect us. Now, are you following me? There were lessons. I feel like the people at the time when this thing came out was trying to communicate to a younger generation or to a modern time that given the information we have from slavery, if I were to compile it it would seem like this is what's happening you following me, So let me give you some of the meat of it. So again, the speech was delivered by a slave owner, William Lynch, on the banks of the James River in seventeen twelve. That's what the document claims. Now, like I said, whether that's true or not, probably not. But this is this is where we're getting this from. So here check this out.
Speaker 1: Here's the instruments.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, I greet you on the banks of James River of the year of our Lord Oney seven hundred and twelve. First of all, I shall thank you, the gentleman of the Colony of Virginia for bringing me here. I am here to solve some of your problems for slaves. Your invitation reached me on my modest plantation in the West Indies, and I have experienced some of the newest and still the oldest methods of control of slaves. An ancient Rome would envy the program I've implemented. So here's some of the things that he says he's implemented. Right, I'm gonna skim through this thing because now you can download it and read it yourself.
Speaker 1: But guys, I mean, it's it's really brutal.
Speaker 2: So the idea is, he's like, I need to break them mentally, psychologically, and emotionally, and if you break them correctly like a horse, they'll follow you forever. Right, And one of the main things he says is like, this is a direct quote. Now again he again, the veracity of this is a whole other story. We're gonna get to the point as to why and why this is important to us. After I tell you all this stuff, it says, Look, it don't forget. You must pitch the old black male versus the young black male, and the young black male against the old black male. You must use the dark skinned slaves versus the light skinned slaves, and the light skin slaves versus the dark skinned slaves. You must use the female versus the male, and the male versus the female. You must also have your white servants and overseers distrust all blacks. But it is necessary your slaves trust and depend on us. They must love and respect and trust only us.
Speaker 1: And then he gives these kits on how to create that thing.
Speaker 2: Right, y'all catch that he's saying he wants your white peasants to distrust black people. But you want your black people to trust them white peasants. That's how you create order me Let me keep going for you. Now here's a side note from the Black Arcade Liberation Library in nineteen seventy. They say it was in the interest and business of slaveholders to study human nature, and the slave nature in particular, with a view to practical results. Many of them attained astonished proficiency in this direction. They had to deal not with earth, wood and stone, but with men, and they, by every regard they had known for the safety and prosperity, they had need to know the material on which they were to work. Now here's a quote from Frederick Douglas. He says, conscious of the injustice and wrong, they were every hour perpetuating, knowing what they themselves would do were they victims of such wrongs. They were constantly looking for the first signs of dread retribution. They watched. Therefore with skilled eyes, practice eyes learned to read with great accuracy the state of mind and heart of a slave. Though his stable face unusual, sobriety, apparent abstraction, sullenness and indifference. Indeed, any mood out of the common way afforded ground for suspicion and inquiry, which means this, they know for a fact what they're doing is wrong. So and they know what they would do if they were being treated like this. So you got to watch carefully because if these people actually figure out that we are defeatable, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So since you know what you're doing is wrong, you better break these people right, and I mean break them bad. Let me pull another quote. He says, we hold six cardinal principles as truths to be self evident based on the following discourse concerning the economic breaking and trying of these horses. Breaking and trying of the horse and the nigger together, all inclusive, are the six principles laid out above. Note neither principle alone will suffice for good economics, and all principles must be employed in an orderly and good fashion. Accordingly, both wild horse and wild or natural nigger is dangerous even if captured, and will tendency to seek their own customary freedom. So in doing so you cannot rest. So you got to break them right. So it says we revise nature by burning and pulling one civilized nigger apart and bull whipping another to the point of death. This is how you break a woman in her presence right continually through the breaking of uncivilized savage niggers. By throwing the nigger female savage into a frozen psychological state of independency, by killing the protective male image, by creating a submissive, independent mind of the.
Speaker 1: Nigger male savage.
Speaker 2: We have created and orbiting cycles that turns on its own access forever unless a phenomenon occurs that reshifts the position of the female savages.
Speaker 1: We show what we mean by example.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna subject y'all to the rest of this, but I'm gonna give you the gist of it. So you break the family apart, You make the woman feel isolated and solo. You convince a man that he cannot protect his family. He is helpless without the help of the overseer. There is nothing you can do. I can rape your girl, don't matter. You're not a man. I could take your children and sell them to another place. You're not a man, right, And watch me treat the light skin ones better, do you know what I'm saying? So, and while you watching me treat the light skin one's better, the light skin ones start thinking they actually better than the darkness house niggas and field niggas. Then there's a third part that I'm not gonna get fully into, but you con sert it your own time. It's this idea of giving somebody a puddle of mud dividing your room up, and then say, I'm letting you have this puddle of mud, and you gotta protect it from those other people. Now, were all fighting over this little piece of freedom, But that little piece of freedom, that little plot of land, is just it's just mud.
Speaker 1: Why are we fighting over this? Now?
Speaker 2: You take this, this letter, this whole thing that's probably a hoax, but more likely an allegory, and you play that into the nineteen seventies, where you have us living in projects, shooting at each other. You got colorism bouncing around our communities. You got gang and crime activity at an all time high, while while the Black Panther Party and the other people are doing their best, while our leaders have been shot, everybody been killed. Right, the government has came in cointel pro has broken us down. Our communities are broken apart, there's mass incarceration. Daddy's gone right, and they being low key kind of nice to the pretty niggas and then old niggas sound like old niggas. Y'all all heads right? And these young wild bucks what we do with them? Or we make them athletes? You just what I'm saying, criminal actor, rapper, pastor you know what I'm saying. There's another thing they used to do with the faith thing. Because they knew we was people of faith in whatever way we were, they gave us a Bible. But you know that Bible was missing Exodus. Did you know that the slave Bible ain't have Exodus. Anything that talked about freedom was taken out of the Bible, which says to me, like again, see, I don't come from that like that white Western Christian nationalists evangelical circle. I come from a different tradition that opened the Bible and was like, yo, it seemed to me like God is always on the side of the oppress. It seemed to me like God has always opened his arms wider you following the narrative arche scripture, God opened his arms wider you, feel me. But the Bible they was given to us, oh, that had all that out taken out. Imagine how we felt when we finally read Exodus. We was like Oh shit. You know what I'm saying. Now, remember this, a lot of us come from West Africa. East Africa. They had that's actually an older church than the American one. You know what I'm saying that they kind of already knew, you know, as the Orthodoxy, as they already knew. The point is the point I'm trying to tell you is they even used faith as a means of oppression. Again, couple that with the seventies people like Elijah Mohammed and they trying to tell you, like, listen, these are controlling tactics. Now, was there a book given to slave owners as to how to break a slave or did they instinctively know you break it like a horse. If you show any emotion, that's anything that's not too pleasant. If you too pleasant, you happy, you hiding something, I'm gonna beat your ass. You too sad. Oh you're making me look bad. You're gonna be bad morale for the slaves. I'm gonna beat your ass. You looking at me sideways. Oh you think you tough, I'm gonna beat your ass. Oh you can read, Oh you smarter the master, I'm gonna beat your ass. You keeping these people in line? You could do your little hippie hop, your little honkiny talk, gon't play your little songs, do your little jigs.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I'll give them a little give them, give them Sundays. They'd be all right.
Speaker 2: It's a psychological war just as much as it's a physical war. You have stripped me as a man of all remnants and markers of manhood. And what's gonna happen? I'm gonna find manhood in another way? What's that like the ship the niggas take pride in? Now you know what I'm saying. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do? There's an argument among some of the moral whole teps of the world that post World War Two, when our families were separated and we were sent off to war, the government was given subsidies to single moms, which was supposed to end when your husband came back. Right, So that mean the checks come, the check's done, The check's done when your husband come back, because your husband supposed to provide for you.
Speaker 1: Now, do you know people looking the.
Speaker 2: Higher black veterans, No, they we couldn't get jobs. The civil rights movement ain't happen yet, couldn't get jobs. So what was the wife to do? Well, we still need to pay for these kids. So they say, well, I choose the money. But if you choose the money, that means you can't stay married to this man. And what does this man feel like? He feel like you chose money over over me? And now I'm ashamed, And guess what just happened? You just pitted black man against black women. The shit works, nigga. You know there's a fight right now. You not in black circles. It's a fight right now between African Americans and African diaspora. We got we got beef right now. Why Because this shit works, y'all. Just as long as they fighting each other and not fighting me, everything gonna be all right. Because the goal to keep a slave on the plantation is to make them think they need you, that everything outside is more dangerous.
Speaker 1: It's safer to be here. I'm all you got. You ain't got no options.
Speaker 2: And look it, if somebody run away, that's gonna mess it up for everybody else. You know, you you you getting too bald out there. You are you're gonna visit. Your Ma's gonna computer us. You willa shut your mouth now, you know, judge your mouth. You know. We can't get up and all they free up there, you know, but that's that's what we don't. We won't go up there. Look, I'm a good nickel it as you saw the continuation of, like I said, a racist system. It's hard to not think that, like, damn y'all using the same tactics on us, you know, put us over in this little corner, have a fight against each other, blame each other for our problems rather than you know, if I'm ana continue the metaphor, I got salt all in my lungs because of that crab over there. No, you got salt in your lungs because you in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Y'all with me. You got salt in your lungs.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 1: Because you're in the ocean, you know.
Speaker 2: So why do I bring this up? If you can't see where I'm going here. The immigrants ain't stilling your job. It's the mass layoffs. It's the people that said if I could get the same work cheaper from somebody who is so desperate that they'll do whatever it takes, then yeah, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: You cost too much.
Speaker 2: You met at that person who is desperate for taking the job, rather than saying, these people don't respect either of us enough to pay us fair wages. You met at this immigrant, you met at this nigga that walked four countries?
Speaker 1: Yup? How Mexican man stand up there? A Latino man stand.
Speaker 2: Up there with a right wing death squad sweater on? Oh, because he drank the kool aid. Because it makes sense, because the white they were always winning. Because Willy Lynch, I'm a nigga, but I'm not like THEMN niggas, Or I'm a Latino, or I'm a Mexican, but I'm not like THEMN Mexican.
Speaker 1: You mad at your own folks. That's Willy Lynch.
Speaker 2: Y'all's Willy Lynch, a real person.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Do the tactics work. Absolutely, Are they actual tactics? I don't know, but I tell you what you done got me all the way messed up. You think I'm gonna be mad at another poor person for the issues we got. Listen, don't let them fool you, dog, that's Willy Lynch. My understanding how anti blackness is an international issue makes me feel like I'm very well equipped to tell everybody don't let them fool you theod politics. You know, I don't know why I ain't thought of this before, but you know you could use promo code hood for fifteen percent off on terraform coolbrew dot com. Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod.
Speaker 1: Y'all go ahead and punch it.
Speaker 2: Promo cold Hood if you in the cold brew and get you some cold brew, gonna get you some coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I can't believe I ain't think of this still right now, oh y'o.
Speaker 2: This thing right here was recorded by Me Propaganda and East Lows, boil Heights, Los Angeles, California. This thing was mixed, edited, mastered, and scored by the one and the only Matt Awsowski.
Speaker 1: Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for Cool Zone Media. Man, and thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm.
Speaker 1: And listen.
Speaker 2: I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week.