Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with my brother BD.
Speaker 3: Let's have just having what some big dog. That chilling bro, you know, just doing it.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the show, y'all, remember to subscribe to The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis so you don't miss any episodes today.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to cover, so let's get right into it. But don't forget to follow us on all social media. That's at Draymond's show, dub Nation. What's happening? Birthday boy with a win, Damn mayor triple double?
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I mean? First half garden. You know what I'm saying. Come on, y'all, you in the garden.
Speaker 1: Steph another legendary performance. He thirteen and one in the garden. By the way, if you count the games with Davidson, Man, just how you feeling talk about? I love what I'm saying. I love this triple double because remember I was like, dude, we gotta start stacking these double doubles for defensive Player.
Speaker 3: Of the Year. So come on, man, how we doing? How what are we talking about? Feeling amazing?
Speaker 2: Bro had the double double on Charlotte definitely should have had one last night, probably a triple double. But I was that first half of them back to backs man, them legs being nootally first half of them the backs.
Speaker 3: Man. So I'm feeling good. Man.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been way more aggressive as of late, which which I feel very comfortable with. You know, having Jimmy has really a lot more of the aggressiveness for me because everything he's talking to me about is yoe, we need somebody getting to the rim, get down, here'll go go go so. And then obviously also the attention he draws, you know, and it's opened up the floor and creating different opportunities. So, you know, I feel like I'm playing well though. But man, that performance in the garden last night, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Steph put on this. Jimmy took over the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you managed the game well.
Speaker 2: I felt like I played. I played pretty good, you know, really good. I feel like it's coming together for us, bro like like that. That was a big game for us, and they ain't had a cat but the show. It's always fun playing in the garden, man, And I didn't realize the success we've had, Like I remember frequently winning there, but I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dominate there, dominating there. That's suppressive.
Speaker 1: You know this Steve Tayling stuff to come on and Steve telling me, come on, man, hit the night night Sally, come on, man, what's all that about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really? Yeah? Feeling it though. I like it. Man.
Speaker 1: Even after the game, Shack was saying, I demand fans to start putting Steph in the go conversation you've been talking about this.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I believe that he's he was the next evolution of a game changer and an evolution of a game. He should be in that conversation.
Speaker 3: Uh, he.
Speaker 2: Is in that conversation, and he one thousand percent belongs in that conversation when you talk about what he's done, what he does on the basketball court, There's no one in the history of the NBA, and with all due respect to Lebron James, with all due respect to Michael Jordan, with all due respect to my favorite player of all times, d great Shaquille.
Speaker 3: O'Neill, there's no one in the history of the NBA.
Speaker 2: That has been schemed against and guarded the way Steph Curry is guarded.
Speaker 3: I mean, you like.
Speaker 2: Teams throw their whole defense at him playing in the NBA Finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers and got why open layups dunks in transition because he's running on the wing and they'd rather go run and take the three away from him on the wing and give me a dunk. Kevin Durant, one of the greatest scorers we've ever seen, got why open dunks straight down the lane because Steph Curry's on one wing, Klay Thompson on the other wing, and they just run. But Steph Curry, who I'm speaking about right now, the defense, the defenses that he's faced still to this day, he's in year sixteen and teams still throw.
Speaker 3: Three and four defenders at him on the given possession.
Speaker 2: You know by how much he gets blits, Like everything is designed to try to take this guy away, because you know, against some teams you say, yo, let's let this guy do that and let's take everything else away. The game plan is never to let Stephans just get his because you know how demoralizing it is, and then obviously impact on the game. The way the game of basketball is played, not an NBA I said. The game of basketball is played for a while, it's because of Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: For sure, you tell me the game of basketball is modeled.
Speaker 2: After how you play the game and what you were so special at that everybody thought that, Yo, that's what we need to do. And you're telling me that guy, don't go into god conversation. Also tell me that Steve Jobs and the greatest CEOs that's ever walked this planet Earth either then tell me that too.
Speaker 1: Then I always say goats traveling herds. So you know, you can look at multiple different players and consider them, you know, a part of the greatest of all time, the greatest ever do it? Like people get into the debate about individual people, but I look at like the canvas, right, the NBA is the lou you know, Michael Michael Jordan may beat a Michaelangelo and assistant Chapel. Steph Curry comes along and becomes a Mona Lisa, right or you know, and so it is. You know, he definitely deserves you know, his name in that conversation. And I think, you know, when you're talking about go and go conversation once again, you gotta talk about it's multiple people because it's multiple different positions, multiple errors. It's most like every five years the league changed like we was talking about the face of the league the other day, right, and you know, the face of the league is consumed by he who wins, right or he who has the illess stole. I think that Steph has transcended a whole new era. Like if you think about, you know, just the NBA and the NBA from an image perspective, the suburban kid has a chance to be great. You know, it never was there, you know, a tie where you know, the story reflect the story of struggle was always prevalent to someone's success in the NBA and never really was there like a middle class you know, well really upper class kid, right, who broke through the barriers. Not only that, not only an upper class kid, but the son of an NBA player breaking through that threshold. So I mean you can say there was one you know players before which there were who made it to the league, but like not with this threshold, this impact, and so it created a whole new you know, surge of NBA players, former NBA players, great college players, great street ball players. Now their kids is looking at Oh, look at this kid. You know, he looked like a dude. That's uh you know, uh at the jungle, like I grew up at the Jungle gym, right, he looked he looked like somebody, he looked like somebody that's in an art class, right, And there he is one of the best players in the NBA. And so that you know, is more recognizable, more relatable. And now you know, every kid from every suburb, from every hood is changing their style of game and changing even their persona right to reflect more Steph Curry. And I think that's why you got a lot of great kids in this league, a lot of good, good people, right, And you know you have that, you have that now broader family support, and you know people don't look at all the elements. So when it comes to, you know, being a game changer, what that does.
Speaker 2: Due to Steph Curry's success and you just hit on it, I'm gonna take it a step further due to his success and Clay due to the level of success that Steph has had being a former or being the son of a former retired NBA player.
Speaker 3: And it's not that there.
Speaker 2: Weren't guys before that were the son of NBA players, but you haven't seen them with this frequency the NBA players stunts that's in the NBA now crazy with this frequency and due to STEP's greatness, the NBA in basketball in general has become a rich kid Sportsketball was for myself a lot of other guys, we had a chance. It was our way out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a chance.
Speaker 2: As a poor kid. There's a hoop at the park up the street, and you just need a basketball and we can go play. You know, we can play outside. And so as a poor kid, it was it was a means and the way out for a lot of us. Lebron James, the poor kid. Basketball was the way out. And the Curry is with rare now it's more likely that Gilbert Arena's son is going to make it to the NBA, Trevor Reese's son is going to make it to the NBA, and they are better suited now to make it to the NBA than the kid from the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: It's flipped mix time, bro, big time.
Speaker 2: Because of the level of skill that Steph Curry possesses. Skilled training has become so big so training kids now and the training that these kids get.
Speaker 3: Now it's expensive.
Speaker 2: We can guide them through and we know the trainers we know, like Ronnie worked out with Chris Johnson, when he was in high school, you know, like we know the trainers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, son, it's traps.
Speaker 2: Probably gonna go to the NBA because it's set up up that way. Now it is so much training, and the kid in the neighborhood now he can't get that level of training.
Speaker 1: You get to the train station, but you two days late. Everybody done took their trains in their routes. So the kid in the neighborhood, our route used to be play at the park, play at the school or whatnot. Then get discovered at the YMCA or the park league. Then somebody will say, yo, you want to play on all start Sea and you play on the all starts. It was like you work your way up and you have to really like battle and fight to earn your seat on the AAU squad. Now those kids in the hood they don't even have. Like the kids is so rich that you can't even afford to access the tournaments to show like man I got it. It used to be a team we used to play against CARLT the Warriors. If I didn't play on my AAU, tell how to play for them. They was out of watch and they would raise money and they would be in the same tournaments and James Lee wind up becoming you know, going to San Francisco. But like it was dudes, I grew up from my neighborhood like oh, like damn, they got a squad too, and they and they can show him. Now you can't because if you ain't Nike, if you ain't Adidas, if you ain't Puma, Like where do you where do you go to get seen? And it's really like an access game now, so you know, and I hate this Basketball is becoming a one trick pony as far as stories, the type of talent you're looking for, the type of player you're looking for, and like everybody, it's like becoming a factory and it's not. It's not an art collective, right, Like we not appreciate like nobody's everybody's the same, so you know, and then that goes back to Steph Curry, like you know, look at that effect, like everybody, every kid and every point guard, even every big man now is shooting threes. You know, there's always a gift, uh and a curse. But I think the game being too expensive this allows access to you know, the next Draymond, right because they ain't gonna go looking for no, Draymond. That's the fact, and so we gotta you know, we gotta keep we gotta keep that same juxtaposition or that energy, because the league is is not about just rich kids playing the sport.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Every rich kid could be skilled, you know, and do all the skill training, but every rich kid ain't gonna have how to dog.
Speaker 3: That's Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: Sure, Steph Curry different, he programmed, absolutely right.
Speaker 3: We had a conversation about this.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between like if somebody is a dog and somebody got skilled, you can't dog a person who's highly skilled. And the person who's highly skilled probably has way more levels to.
Speaker 3: Be a beast and a monster than just you being a dog and having that dog in you.
Speaker 2: If you got a guy that's highly skilled and he ain't got no dog, your mind is automatically going to be like, I'm much just bullying. Yeah right, Like I'm a bullying and I'm not even going to allow you to access that skill.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna just rough you up. I'm gonna get like you're gonna back down.
Speaker 2: Then once I get you to back down, now you don't even really want the ball because.
Speaker 3: You don't want to deal with that.
Speaker 2: It always revers back to that, and winning always reverse back to them, because if you don't have the doll everything else you're trying to accomplish it, it gets thrown off track. But I would say, you know, for the kids, you know, I just said, it's a rich kid sport. For the kids that are like myself and like you that's still coming from the neighborhood. You may not have the access to the type of training that say, my son will have access to, your son would have access to. But being a musician, being an artist, like BD just said, being an artist and figuring out the artistry of the game, yep, you can just do that and guess what. They still make basketball course, they still make basketballs. If you get your handle right, your game tight, work on that. Yeah, you may not be as strong when you get to a level go to not being strong enough. Don't mean you can't be tough enough, right, but you may not be as strong. You may not test off the charts like somebody else will because of the trend they had.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Master the game. That's it.
Speaker 2: Master the game for the kid that don't have the access to all the stuff if you just master the game, and all that simply requires is going to the gym, going outside and dribbling the basketball. Those still things that those who do that, that'll never go away. Any rim you can find outside don't matter if you put that work in. As that young kid that ain't got nothing, they're still a path.
Speaker 1: If you and I were growing up in today's air, right, the path would be a little easier because you have help along the way. So like we're not discouraging, we're saying like you will, they will fight. Talent will be found once you put the work in right. And the way the landscape is for basketball right with nil right, it gives people like us growing up an opportunity to start taking care of our family, even at an earlier age. So take care of the business. Take care of that. And the knowledge too. No people know you know, no players know their style, know what they play like, know what they shoot, like how they run. All this is is is the beauty and the magic. Like I think about you a lot, and what makes you a great defender is you know how people move, so you know when to get in front of them, you know how to defend them. You know when you need to get leverage. You know when you need to stand up. You know when he ain't gonna do nothing right, Rudy Gobert, you know when it just jumped. And like when you when you study people and you study their movements, that's how you really become a student of the gang. I saw that picture of Pat with the bell court side during the Nixed Warriors game. You tweeted that you put a camera on Pat course side.
Speaker 3: What is he doing? I'm telling you, man, I don't know. Maybe there needs to be an idea for the new media.
Speaker 2: Somebody needed to put sit past your briefley course side. I got a lot of respect for Pat. Pat got it after Mud and I have even more respect for Pat because the pack was a scorer like average forty. I made it to the NBA because I could score like I didn't make NBA because.
Speaker 3: I played defense the NBA because I could score.
Speaker 2: I made I made All Defense team at Michigan State my senior year, and my assistant coach who I'm still tight with to this day, coach DJ Dwayne Stevens, he laughed in my face and said, man, they put you on that all defense team because your name Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: And because you.
Speaker 2: And I was like chill out, D. I was like, I'm a great help side defender. I didn't even argue with him. I'm like, D, I'm great help side defender. Like yeah, he's like, yeah, overhelping. I used to overhelp crazy.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 2: Like that, there was no argument to even push back. I made it to the NBA because I could score, I could pass, and I could rebound. In order for me to play in the NBA, I had to figure out a role because they already had guys. I was the second round picked. They already had guys that that was going to score. So that was never going to be a role for me. Figure out a role. Once you figure out a roll, you ain't about to go rap and then start singing like you rapped now, like go rap, And that's just kind of what it is. I had a lot of respects for Pat. He got it out to mud and so I'm getting stops and I'm talking to Pat like Pat, I'm on all that, like y'all saw that. And I hear Pat like, yo, y'all need to do this. Drey like do this, do that, And I'm like, man, that's a good idea. Then I hear him we in the zone and he tell Landry Shaman where to go for the shot.
Speaker 3: He up in there coaching both teams go somewhere, He telling him to go hit the three.
Speaker 2: Pat, I told you go right Like then the fan tell me Draymond, you are stupid. You're just stupid, And I caught his face. Oh a shoot, and I'm about to say to start going back at the fifth.
Speaker 3: Pat, Pat, fire up, Drake. I got him.
Speaker 2: I got the belt in my head. I turned around and look, this man really has a belt in his head. That's a belt in my hands, right belt? Put the belt as.
Speaker 3: From not like all these moments he had during the game.
Speaker 2: It was like if you had a camera on him and put that in a nine minutes.
Speaker 3: It was pure comedy. That's hilarious too.
Speaker 2: For the average fan, Like you're learning when you're listening and watching it. Man, it was absolutely incredible. It was a pleasant surprise. Obviously, didn't expect to see Pat bev sit. Of course I had a game with us. With the next pleasant surprise, I Benfit's classic bro.
Speaker 4: Who's scoring big in the NBA this season? You are all the new ways to get in on the action of DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NBA Lambs Dishing the ball, cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite players. Prop bets you can make on DraftKings. It's fun the home of NBA player props. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. Pick how many points your favorite players going to score. Go to Draft Kings sports Book. They have an app, download it make your pick. If you're a first timer, here's something special new Draft Kings customers. All you have to do is bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly. So take it to the rack. With Draft Kings sports Book, Every point counts. Download their app takes ninety seconds. Use the code column cli N to get one hundred and fifty bones in bonus bets betting just five only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight ope and Y, or text ope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction void and on new customers only. Bonus pets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Wins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, continue with the crazy Steph Curry performances. On February twenty seven versus the Magic he went off of fifty six twelve threes, and he's done that on three different occasions. On February twenty seven, What which one to you is the best February twenty seventh performance, the Orlando Magic one or the other two? Before twenty sixteen he did he had forty six. He was twelve for sixteen from the three on twenty seven sixteen. On two, twenty seven thirteen, he had fifty four eleven for thirteen threes.
Speaker 3: Talk to me. That was at the Guarden. We lost that game.
Speaker 1: That's the one the thirteenth, Yeah, on the thirteenth, right.
Speaker 2: That's actually the one game where he said he thirteen and won in the God That's actually the one game we lost so I'm going to pick against that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: He also shimmy passed me during that game. I'm standing there like this, and when he did this and when that was also in that game. So I'm gonna throw that game out right past me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw it that one out.
Speaker 2: I gotta say my favorite one was Okay, See, there was so much that happened during that game. That game is also the game Me and Steve Kirk got into it and they reported it. Lisa Saltiers reported from like eavesdropping in our door, in our locker room, like every word we said behind closed doors. She reported everywhere we said, which was insane. To Lisa's credit, she apologized, I hold no ill will towards Lisa. I actually love her, but that was crazy. All of that happened in that game. That's also the game stuff hit the bomb, the Deep three right across hag So I gotta go with that game. And then that was crazy. We also got to know the history. That's twenty sixteen. We had just won a championship. Fast forward. This is also the year that we end up having to come back three to one against them, So I have to understand where the NBA was and the dynamic like Steph versus Russ.
Speaker 3: Right now, these.
Speaker 2: Dudes have been at such a high level for such a long time, but at this time you thought like this was Pete Powers.
Speaker 3: You didn't know that they end up that Russ.
Speaker 2: Ends up breaking the triple double record like cause he at the time, he wasn't getting the triple doubles that frequently twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: So you have to understand, like.
Speaker 2: The dynamic in the NBA at this time, and then for him to that performance hit that.
Speaker 3: Bomb, with all of that going on in that treason.
Speaker 2: I gotta take February twenty seven, twenty sixteen, Gotta take table. But I'll tell you what, February twenty seventh in America, this will be no moving forward.
Speaker 3: That's Steph Curry Day done.
Speaker 1: Sign it up, sign the petition now, all right, dude. One of the wildest calls I saw this week was the flagrant file they called on you versus the Harnis, which I deem as because you're Draymond Green. That's the type of call you're gonna get. What did you say to the Rath after that upgrade was made.
Speaker 2: I don't even I said so much of the rust when they even was gonna go review it. Bro, I wasn't even looking at dude, and the referee only called the file because he saw dude on the floor flopping.
Speaker 3: Like I wasn't even looking at him. I literally just put my hand and I just hit his chest to stop his.
Speaker 2: Probe them and so I could find the ball and go get the rebound.
Speaker 1: But you know you got you know, you got hands like shown now.
Speaker 3: Straight into the Don't blame me.
Speaker 2: I thought it was crazy for them to go see the play, see that I'm not even looking at this dude and still upglarded to.
Speaker 3: A flag of file.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to me because I have been on the wrong end of a lot of elbows to the head and the references.
Speaker 3: Oh but it wasn't intentional, but I still got elbowed in my head. Yeah, but it wasn't. So then I'm not looking at this dude.
Speaker 2: But y'all tell me when it's me on the wrong side of it that it wasn't. It ain't mean to do it. I got tripped. It was either in Philly or it was the beginning of the trip. I was rolling down the paint, Bro, I got tripped. I felt so hard.
Speaker 3: I felt.
Speaker 2: I felt so hard. I was so mad because as I'm falling over, I'm looking at the referee. I watched me just get tripped apart eye watching me get tripped, and I felt so hard.
Speaker 3: I was so mad. I'm like, yo, you're not gonna call it. You just watch me get tripped. Now you watch me, he said to me. He was like, I was surprised you didn't know.
Speaker 2: We didn't try to trip you. I watched you trip you, I said, But I don't always try to file. Yeah, but if I fouled, I fouled.
Speaker 1: It don't matter what It don't matter if you clumsy, you clumbs, you tripped, somebody.
Speaker 3: Tripped. I don't care if he tried to trip me or not. He tripped me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dre Ma, heene try to elbow you in. Yeah, but he elbowed me in that in the head. I don't care what he tried to do. He elbowed me in the hand. So if that's a flager won And I didn't try to. Why are all these times I get elbowed in the head and rush It wasn't It wasn't intentional.
Speaker 3: Hein't tried to. I don't understand that. I understand, I know why, right, So we're gonna let the ref slide on this one. I ain't even.
Speaker 1: Warriors of nine and one with Jimmy Butler in the lineup. To me, the most impressive win amongst those are this last victory against the Knicks, just saying that I was very impressed with that. Everybody had a solid game, and Steph had a and Steph was Stephan. What do you think is the most impressive win for you guys so far?
Speaker 2: I would say last night, and I would say that Houston won right before break and both of them were on the back end of the back to back.
Speaker 1: Man, win that second game, that's that's relief, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And in the NBA we called most of those schedule losses, you know, right back to back tough. You're getting there, ladies, hell good team like those are tough. And you know we were coming in on the back to back All Star break starts after the game, so you could mentally check out, right, like, man, let me get through this game and get the All Star Like that could be your mindset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had just lost one, a.
Speaker 2: Tough one the night before and downas we went off, also sending my love and well wishes to copy man damn recovery. But Kai had just went off coming in this young Houston team that if you remember last time they beat us that season. Yeah, a little sketch, a little sketch on a blooper on a blooper a couple of mis.
Speaker 3: They feeling good and they young.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like called us on the back to back and we go in and get that game to go into the break. So I say that one and I say this New York Nichols nixt one was the two most impressive to me so far. You just get a boost of confidence and like a boost to the morale to go take that second one on the second night of a back to back. So you know, it also still allows us to put ourselves in a position to have a great trip. Obviously we would have loved to be five. And on the trip we let that Philly won't get away. Yeah, that was a tough one for and one East coast trip. I don't think anybody complain about.
Speaker 1: No complaints here, my brother. But you'd also got the Pistons coming in town. You know, the Pistons, one of my teams, one of my high teams to watch for this year in the league. They're in sixth place and it looks like they'll have a first round matchup with the Knicks. You played against the Knicks, you know it's next take with me all day. I love the Knicks. I did pick Detroit as my hot team coming out the East. Do you think the Knicks or the Pistons? Who do you think will win in a playoff series if they started today?
Speaker 2: The Pistons ain't never done it. I don't think New York's playoff noise. I think they got some things to figure out. But it's saying that I don't know that the Pistons are like, you need some experience in those players or already Yeah, I just don't know that they'll have enough experience now. Adding Dennis Schroeder, it's going to make difference in a big difference for them in the playoffs because he's done.
Speaker 3: Everybody get Tobias Harris a lot of crap.
Speaker 2: Tobias has playoff experiences, So having those couple of guys that does have off experience I think could help them. I think it'll be a very tall task for them to beat the Knicks off.
Speaker 3: I'm honest, but I'll roll with Detroit. Wow, Like you don't roll with Detroit for sure.
Speaker 1: It's something about it being your first playoffs that you're like, oh man, I'm going for broke.
Speaker 3: Like that you're so prepared as a young dude.
Speaker 1: You so nervous that your energy is there, your attention and detail like.
Speaker 3: Like you don't even know to be nervous. You don't know what this is.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a for lack of a better term, it's like a level of dumbness that you have.
Speaker 3: M h.
Speaker 2: A level of ignorance that you have and you don't even know what to expect. And so a guy who's been through it could get more nervous because they know what to expect where they're out there. Damn they're dumbfounded because we ain't never been here. What we got to lose? Over right?
Speaker 3: That that that definitely could work work. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: That can work for to put to the Pistons advantage. And then I'll tell you another thing. Isaah Stewart going to go to he gonna bully cat like.
Speaker 3: He gonna make it try to go ahead.
Speaker 2: He would make it his mission for a playoff series where you gotta see this dude, possibly seven games in a row. He would make it his mission the bully cat. Will he be successful in doing it? I mean, that's what Isaiah Stewart does.
Speaker 1: That's where somebody who's highly skilled like Man, I ain't even worried about that bullshit, Like you can be a dog on you on, you still can't stop. It could work to cast advantage too.
Speaker 2: It could you could use it against him, you know what I'm saying. So you have to see how those match ups play out. But I think those would be key things to watch in in this matchup. And then who's going to be better out of Caden and Jalen Bruston. Yeah, Jylen Bruston has the experience, but I'm gonna tell you what K has that Jalen Brunston don't have. Size yeah, size at six seven. He get into the playoffs and Kay getting to where he want to go and you ain't speeding him up. That can make a big difference in a playoff series because now then on exploiting these one or two or three things in the game, and Kay.
Speaker 1: K different man, so he don't care that he hasn't been there before. He knows like this is my moment, Like we can get them move.
Speaker 2: Around the league a little bit before we get out of here. Bron passed fifty thousand points. Wow, regular season and playoffs combined. It's absolutely insane for a guy. It's insane for anybody. It's obviously never been done, but it's absolutely insane for a guy that is not considered a scorer a score right, It's pretty crazy, but just goes to show you how I actually think throughout the course of Bron's career he could have scored way more points than he actually has.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think he just always has such a level of unselfishness and will and want to win that the points never really even matter to him, which is possibly why people don't. They don't matter to people because they never really mattered to him. He was just going to score enough points to make sure they win the game, but never to try to break some scoring records or something like that. And that's what I think makes it even all the more impressive, Like how great you actually have got a manicle to not focus on scoring to be labeled as a score, but have fifty thousand points is insane. So number one, Bron, Congrats My brothers and grunts. Well done. Man just continuing to watch his brother's greatness. And it's like it's crazy because I think he keep getting better at basketball. Yeah, just don't really make sense to me, Like how Brough forty years old still getting better at basketball? But you know he high level, at a very high Clint bro he always credit his sustained performance throughout his career to love for the process. And one thing I will ask you, you know we talked about to go to Bay with Steph earlier. Do you think Luca's arrival has infused some energy in Bron and like like pushed his game to another level. And not that he needed Luca to push him to another level, but just kind of what was your thoughts on that one.
Speaker 1: We're starting to see Lebron fall into number of comfortable number two, Like we've only seen Lebron be number one. There is no one A, there is no one B. There was never that. Lebron has always been new more Una. To see Lebron as the number one guy being the number two guy is very scary because it puts him back into his number one position when he was young. Right, And when you talk about his scoring, I say He's a mechanical scorer, right, he scores when necessary. Oh, you're about to go up ten. Now I'm taking that shot like he is a scientist when it comes to how he plays the game. And then also Lebron, he could have came into the league and said I want to be a scorer and had a total different game and with the same outcome, right, just because who he is.
Speaker 3: But I think Luca right to answer your question.
Speaker 1: Luca is like, oh man, I got another five What I'm loving about the league right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, the Warriors got three years for these next five years. The Warriors.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, y'all got the next five years to do something. Uh, Boston, you just came off of one. You got the next five years to do something right. But then you got all these veteran teams. Denver, you're getting older, you're about to turn the corner. Clippers, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Lakers?
Speaker 1: You got Luca, Minnesota, you got like Phoenix and what's gonna happen with you know, with with Katie and what they got with Phoenix. So all these bet teams that made each trade and got better, like they're going to now win situations. Yes, so I think that ups Lebron's auntie, like, hold on, let me show Luca.
Speaker 3: Hey, bro, you just do what you do.
Speaker 1: I got the rest m And that's and and and it's been different then a Kyrie and a d way than a Chris Bosh right, because Luca can do what Lebron does.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: This is the first time in lebron career where he's been able to run and play off the ball and people make plays for him.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: He's ever really played with anyone that could like really make plays for him, right, So he's running and getting the layups. In transition, he's getting backdoor cuts, like random cuts because it's someone that can.
Speaker 3: Create for him.
Speaker 2: I think that has made him take a step back and be like whoa, Like this is actually a lot easier.
Speaker 3: He's enjoying doing it, it looks like and so I.
Speaker 2: Think it definitely can confuse some some some more years into his career because.
Speaker 3: He's just he just got stuff.
Speaker 2: Looks the same way with Jimmy coming right, like, yeah, looks like they found you relief. Yeah, yeah, we had last week and you know, he just talked about how the Sons have to play hard. He didn't get into it with Bootonholzer, which I make nothing of, but he came out and responded and played hard and on both sides of the ball. And when he made that decision, you can see the games start to change. And I had tweeted about K because I watched him do it defensively, offensively. I watched him talking to guys. I watched him big up guys. I watched take it on everything on his own shoulders and wheeled them to that win. Yeah, because if they lose that game, I tweeted, I said, it was one of the more impressive performances I've seen from K. And I've seen K have fifty four, fifty two, whatever. But it ain't about the points. It's about his demeanor. It's about he went about bringing that team back, and it was glaringly noticeable to me. You know, he had spoke about how they needed to play hard and different things. They have a twenty three point comeback last night versus the Clippers. I think that was a prime example of the way that they're going to need to play. They can spark this run and you know, and can can this game ultimately be a spark for them, which you hope. So if you're them right, like you hope that all right? Man, we just had this one. Now let's build on it. They got an uphill battle to fight for sure, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 1: And this was the first time I really seen him angry. You know, usually Katie when he played upset, he'd be talking shit, you know, he going at different people. This this comeback was he was. He was angry. He was like he lost hisself in the game. And I think that's what Phoenix gotta do. They gotta stop coming to the game with a chip on their shoulder thinking like there are they are the target because they got Katie, they caught Devin Booker, they got scores. They need to start being angry about Hey, this may not happen, and so they have to have more desperate measures. And I seen I seen angry Katie when he did.
Speaker 3: That to Bud.
Speaker 1: It was like, man, all right, I'm about to show you, bro, like, get off me. I need to stay in the month that I'm in. And it was to me it was refreshing to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I don't think it was anything. Coaches and players had their moments all the time. I think if if you had a camera on a bench and a huddle at every moment, you'd see these more often than that.
Speaker 3: That's just what happens.
Speaker 2: I think people try to make a big deal out of everything because everybody needs storylines. Yeah, Kdi loves the process of being coached, working on this game, all the pureness of basketball is what Katie actually loves. One thing I can assure you, KD ain't a coach arguer, Like he ain't gonna heal every now and then. He gonna like stand his ground, you know what I'm saying, Like, of course, but he not just going to get into it with the coach. He not a player that's like think he's bigger than being coach, you know what I'm saying. So what I know from saying how they live moment and they moving on. If KD could do play this game in.
Speaker 3: The NBA and what he's doing.
Speaker 2: And only deal with the peer neents of the game he played for another ten years, No.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you just don't want to be touched, especially somebody talking to you. Don't touch me, right, but like talking to me and touching me at the same time, Like I don't feel like being touched right now, right and when you're in the heat of the moment, it's just it's just that it's nothing more but just you know that angst, that anxiety, that you know, that frustration.
Speaker 3: Before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: Man, we mentioned Kyrie earlier. Terror a cl obviously another blow to the mass and their fan base who's kind of been going through it over the last month or so.
Speaker 3: Damn. Like, I don't have many words because Kai is just one of them. Dudes. Man, he's my guy.
Speaker 2: He loves playing basketball. I'm happy to do where he is in his life. You know, his wife and his kids, you know what I'm saying. But man, like Kai had to figured it out, you know what I'm saying, his game, his balance, who he is, and to go through this, uh, I hate to see it. I hate to see it. My love, well wished speedy recovery. You just hate to see that happen. But I will ask you what was your thoughts on him staying out there and shooting those free throws.
Speaker 1: That's just love, that's just will you know. I love Kyrie, one of my favorite all time, and to see his maturity this year, you know, his leadership, you know, with that team even through the trade and all that. And you know, I just hate seeing people get injured, period, j you know, because my career ended on an injury.
Speaker 3: But I do believe and I know, uh he got you know, the.
Speaker 1: Family support, and he got the will to come back, and he got the game, you know, to come back after a tour in a cl and and be even better or just as effective playing at a high level because of who he is and just the skills, right, high high, high high level of skill. Right, he just got to get back to getting strong. And you know, I just it's almost like a one of these you know when he shot the two free throws, like you're a real one, bro.
Speaker 3: But we understand, you know.
Speaker 2: One you know I had, I actually had the opportunity to see Kobe shooting.
Speaker 3: That game. Yeah game, but then obviously Clay shooting after tearing this a c L. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just like a just respect you have for those guys, because man, when you when I can only imagine going through those injuries. I've gotten injured, not like that, and I knock on wood, but like anytime you have any injury on the court, the last thing you're thinking about is man, I need to.
Speaker 3: Go shoot these two free throughs like.
Speaker 2: There me, how bad is it? Like the pain? You know, you're processing so much. And so I just applaud them, you know, on that love, that love for the game that they have to you know, have those moments. And then I also think that there's a level of I don't know how this recovery is going to go. I don't know you know when I'll be back on the floor, but if this is it, you remember I shot my free throw was before I left totally, and I can respect.
Speaker 3: That speedy recover. The coy man, get well by your blessings, Bro.
Speaker 2: Game will miss you, but the game will welcome you back with open arms, with that level of talent that Kyrie has. Until next time, that's a rat. Now Draymond Green Show with b D and all the isms of the big dog Traymond Green Shaw, we out Peace
Speaker 3: The volume