Speaker 1: H h h h.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Eyes up Here with ECW's one and only Queen of Extreme franc only on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it is the Queen of Its Queen, Frank Tine and you are listening to Eyes.
Speaker 3: Up Here with Frank Pine on the iHeart Being.
Speaker 4: Network or where we did the podcast as always, I am employed, my my co host, Chad and Chad I didn't think we were doing a new episode for Thursday, but we are.
Speaker 3: We are on Tuesday. I just pushed it to next week.
Speaker 1: Think you know, we were gonna have a remundy, but we decide it to do and do something new.
Speaker 3: So it is Thursday. Welcome in everyone to a brand new episode of izal Here. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 2: I'm loving it? You know how I know it's a new episode.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: New theme music? Yeah, I love this music.
Speaker 3: Well technically we use this music on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we didn't put it over.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what do you think about our new song? Kind of edgy, greedy.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to fade it out like it.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the old one, but out with the old and with the new, new year.
Speaker 3: Knew us. Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's like a good pair of underwear.
Speaker 3: Good pair of underwear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure everybody watched me last night on US Signed by Superstars, and I hit I hit it out of the park last night.
Speaker 2: I did well, you did rebounded.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you for everyone who tuned in. And uh, you know, hopefully, well, we'll do an other one at the end of twenty twenty five. But what do we have on the agenda for today, because there's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we've definitely you know, again, we took a little break, but we popped in a couple of times, and we talked a lot about WWE, But we haven't really talked about AW at all the last couple of months, So I don't know if that's really good, But I figure maybe we'll kind of shoot the old shizzle on what's been going on with AW. So these anytime we've talked about them, it's only been about the Costco guys, and I can't necessarily say that that's very good because they suck. So it's you know, we haven't talked about the actual company.
Speaker 1: I disagree with that. I think they're way over I think you're jealous. I think if you had the opportunity to do what they're doing, you would jump at it.
Speaker 3: But that's just me.
Speaker 1: People have mixed opinions about the Costco guys. I myself am a big fan of the Rizzler. There's there's no one on this earth in the world of professional wrestling that's cuter than the Little Riz.
Speaker 3: I love them, But I digress.
Speaker 2: Yes about that. Let me tell you how much this shit is following me now, these Costco idiots. I have people telling me all the time now how much they love them, And you know, I got to get over it. Somebody who listened to our show said, how you finally put me in my place as it relates to these douchebags.
Speaker 3: But I put you in your place. Yes, very good, as you should be.
Speaker 1: It's my show, damn it. I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: These look but Okay, in State of aw we've only talked about the Costco guys. But how come one of the things that I have to talk about is the fact that the friggin Costco guys are coming back to AW.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I had said. The success of that last pay per view, was it all out all in. I don't even know what it was called. They were so over in the state of New Jersey, right, because that's where they're from. And we discussed, like, you know, are they going to be a trend everywhere else or is it going to fizzle out?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Where is this other show going to be broadcast from? Where are they live from?
Speaker 2: This one? Yeah, Revolution twenty twenty five. I don't let me see if it says it here. It's not New Jersey, I know.
Speaker 3: That right, right? Is it on the East Coaster?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will find out, Okay, anyway, it'll be nice to see if they get the same reaction at this show depending on where it's located, you know, where it's broadcasting from.
Speaker 3: So I think they will. I think they're pretty over. Now. Who is he wrestling on this one? Because it's not QT.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been said yet.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Okay, well, I'd like to watch that match. I enjoyed the other one a lot, and you got to give a qu Marshall credit. He bumped his ass off for that guy, so they I think the the grouping made it entertaining. So let's see who he works with this time, and if so, will this guy, get him over, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's March ninth in California, LA.
Speaker 1: Very interesting. Okay, So are they over on the West coast?
Speaker 2: That could be a that could be a very good question because LA is not a New Jersey that's for them.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, so we'll see what happens. But lots of different things going on with AW right now. You had mentioned to me that one of their shows got canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they no longer AW Rampage.
Speaker 1: So what night was that? Was that a Wednesday show or was the Dynamite Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Dynamite is the Marquee show. Dynamite is the Wednesday show? That one is definitely not going anywhere. That's gonna be your AW Monday Night Raw. That's going to be you know, you're nitro, that's going to be a mainstay.
Speaker 3: So was this the Saturday show?
Speaker 2: This was the let me see Wednesday? Yeah, they ended on the twenty seventh, So this was the was it the Saturday or the Friday? Say I get confused with these two. The twenty seven was the Friday show.
Speaker 1: Friday show? Yep, So they still have Wednesdays and Saturdays that they're.
Speaker 2: On yep, so they also have the Saturday show as well.
Speaker 3: Was the cancelation due to poor ratings or was it budget cost.
Speaker 2: So that one. You know, I'm unsure on that, but I'm gonna say the ratings probably had a really big part of it.
Speaker 3: So okay, so we can check and see why it was canceled.
Speaker 2: During the twenty twenty During the December twenty second, twenty twenty four tapings, Tony Cown announced that's the twenty seventh episode, which was the New Year's Smash Special, would be the final episode of Rampage for the foreseeable future, as the program was not included in aw's media rights deal with Warner Brothers Discovery that takes effect on January first, So they're using the it's not coming over with the rest of the package as the scapegoat. But these the show did nothing in the ratings after them Punk debuted, This show was barely the show was barely getting watched for like a commercial would on a primetime show on network TV. So wasn't these these were horrid for Punk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like an extra show?
Speaker 2: No, that was the Saturday show.
Speaker 3: That was Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but the Saturday show is doing better rating wise than the Friday show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, slightly.
Speaker 3: Friday nights are not a good night for wrestling.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We were on Friday nights and we did not draw and we had a good show. So I don't know. Friday is a propitnight for our wrestling program.
Speaker 2: But you know, you put your ratings up against their ratings, you guys, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are they drawing on a Friday?
Speaker 2: They do really well, do they?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Back in the day, we didn't draw well on Friday nights, but like our Tuesday show did great, Our syndicated show did great.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's such a weird dynamic wrestling, you know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And and plus had to head competition kind of hurts you too. I think you have to pick and choose your spots.
Speaker 3: So do they really need a third show?
Speaker 1: Probably not no, But their roster is so large, yes, so you know when you have when you do have a third show, unless you're pushing the same talent over and over again, it kind of like helps get some of the lesser known workers.
Speaker 3: Some TV time. So in that aspect, I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: But if the ratings were horrible, then it's it's just a waste of money, right, But.
Speaker 2: It's really like their fourth show because they also have a Ring of Honor. So so where does that AC that's online?
Speaker 3: Well that doesn't roll. Yeah, I'm talking about that.
Speaker 2: But it's still it's like it's another spot for them to ye have their their roster spread. But you know, the technically had four shows in production, and you know, I'm sure Lee some people may be relieved that that show is gone, but you know, maybe some of the enhancement guys that were getting booked on there might not be happy about it too, because the little spot for guys to get a little bit of work when they use them there.
Speaker 1: Well, I I read something industry interesting about ae W the nature boy.
Speaker 3: Rick Flair was supposed to make a cameo and got pulled and was replaced by the Rock and Roll Express.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought that was weird too. When I saw the Rock and Roll Express. Yeah, when they I heard it was them popping up, I was like, it's very interesting group to promote on the level they're promoting them, But I did not know it was Flair. Interesting.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to be Rick Flair, and I wonder why they pulled him. And then I see all over social media Rick Flair wants another match, and even Conrad Thompson, who's his son in law, put like this gift up of a man shaking his head.
Speaker 3: No, Everybody's like no, no, no. I think it's more so just for health reasons, you know, because when did he do his last match? At least two years ago if not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and he was barely breathing towards the end of that match, like and you know, now he's two three years older and he wants one more match.
Speaker 3: Is he going to gig all over the place and pass out?
Speaker 2: Like? What is the probably like the last time he remember he blacked out.
Speaker 1: Why why do you want to put your body through that again just to draw money.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Flair is very well off at this point.
Speaker 2: He uh, well. While we were on our break, he had a very public fight with former Ring of Honor owner Carrie Silkin over a twenty year feud over money. But I'm sure he still does very well with his his deals.
Speaker 3: But he owed them money.
Speaker 2: He owed carry Silkin forty grand I believe it was, And then Flair claimed that it's not that he owed them forty grand. It's that they cost him millions, So it was a stupid fight.
Speaker 1: Was it because he took a deposit and didn't show up or something?
Speaker 2: Oh but Flair's claim is that, well, they cost him millions of dollars, so ignore the forty grand. If he lose millions because he could have done other business. I guess I don't know. This is because of that. You know, it's so stupid, it's so old. It's so old. It's a twenty plus year old argument that they're having and.
Speaker 3: Coming to fruition in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids are commenting on it that weren't alive. They're commenting on in social media. You know, their take on the matter.
Speaker 1: It's a come on, Well yeah, I don't know. Do fans really want to see Rick Flair wrestle.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I think it's cool that he pops up places because he's Rick Flair and he's he's still will always be over.
Speaker 3: I mean, really, all he has to do is stand there.
Speaker 1: In WU and he's over. He doesn't even have to bump or talk. It just hasn't let out a big WU, and everybody's like, man, he's the man, that's Rick Flair.
Speaker 3: Why does he have to wrestle?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you tell me.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you because I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is that the you know, you've been in the in the back thousands of times. Some of the guys that's in their blood right, they just can't let it go.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it that addiction that they got to get that adulation? They have to be involved in the business? Like what what is it?
Speaker 3: It comes to a point where you have to listen to your body. Yeah, And you know, like he's he's goin of being close to eighty years old.
Speaker 2: Isn't he He's I think he's seventy four.
Speaker 3: I want to say, oh, well, I mean he's getting there.
Speaker 2: That's close to eighty. That's close enough to eighteen.
Speaker 3: I mean it's getting there. So why on earth are you going to five?
Speaker 1: He's seventy five years old and God bless them, you know, still looks good for his age, still moving around.
Speaker 3: But why put your body through that if you don't have to. I just don't understand it.
Speaker 1: I talked to some of the guys that I worked with, and they're ready to like just hang it up, and they're like sixty they're not seventy five, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, he could just be do you know. Like I gotta say, Hulk Hogan has done it the right way as it relates to like protecting the Hulk Hogan character right in the Hulk Hogan legacy. He hasn't come out of retirement, you know, one hundred times he I think he has last match in maybe twenty eleven or twenty twelve or something like that. But you know, he gives the right rubs to certain guys. He'll come out, do an interview and he'll put a guy over and that's it. He's not involved in storylines. He's not out there trying to have another match. Like Hulk Hogan does it right, and he gets so much shit because of his past indiscretions that he's not used nearly as much as he probably could have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to see Ric Flair come out as a manager, a mouthpiece some somewhere where he doesn't have to get physical, because at this point it's just like elder abuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand getting younger talent beating up on an old man.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know. I don't think it's it's sells I.
Speaker 1: Personally, as a fan, I don't want to say it. You know, I feel like he still has a lot to give to the business. He could be a good backstage agent if he wanted to be, and if he needs to be on camera, he could be used in a million different ways.
Speaker 3: But there's no last match. Don't do it. I don't I don't think so.
Speaker 2: You did it already, yeah, and it was bad.
Speaker 1: Well again, I mean, you know, some people liked it, some people hated it, but his health is what's most important. And I just feel like, you know, you want to be on camera, that's fine, but find something to do that protects you.
Speaker 3: And don't put.
Speaker 1: Yourself out there just to be humiliated, because ain't nobody got time for that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think that.
Speaker 3: Would be.
Speaker 5: The oh oh, I I'm literally I'm wondering what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So that would be the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is to say, what segment of this week or broadcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, wait for I thought you were gonna drop me on some like poignant queens.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to give you a subtle hit. I'm going like this push the button. You're looking at me like I'm insane. We're gonna work on a gang, We're gonna get it together. But yeah, that is to say what segment in my opinion of this week, So.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean because again we did this two years ago. We watched the match. It's not good. It's just it's like, you know when you see it, pass out a pull of his own blood, and he's like, he's a great he's still great at selling at seventy two years old. It's like, no, he's passed out in a pool of his own blood.
Speaker 3: That's not called selling. That's called dying.
Speaker 2: Sorry, called blood transfusion. Backstage. Yeah, that's called you clear, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't need to do it. He doesn't need to reinvent himself or reawaken his career. He's Rick Flair. No one else on this planet is Rick Flair but Rick Flair. Okay, so he does not need to resurrect his career. He's fine, just do other.
Speaker 3: Stuff, but don't don't have a match. It's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. You think he saw the footage of Dori Funk doing the death match from over the Summer and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, shit, I'm gonna one up him.
Speaker 2: I gotta do that, because remember when that happened, we didn't really talk about it on the air, but that was that was a scary, scary proposition.
Speaker 1: Well now, listen, I didn't see it, but everything I read about that match said that they protected him one hundred percent. So he must be a hell of a worker if he fooled you, because every single person said that he was one hundred percent protected.
Speaker 3: Again, I didn't see it, so I don't know. I don't know what the match is.
Speaker 2: Putting him on the plane and sending him to Japan and making him go through that that's the death match part.
Speaker 3: Well again, why do these old timers need to do this stuff? They don't.
Speaker 1: I'd rather remember Flair for what he brought to the table in his prime, you know. And then and then you see something like what he did two years ago, and it kind of like, I don't want to say, tarnishes it, but it makes you look at him and feel bad for him, right because then you say, oh my god, he used to be so good. Well, yeah, he was in his prime, and now he's just an older man trying to live like a young man in the ring, and he just doesn't have it anymore.
Speaker 3: So what's the point? You know? They say you're only as good as your last match, and.
Speaker 1: If your last match is shit, I mean really like, I want to remember you being cool and the legend that you are.
Speaker 3: Mister Flair.
Speaker 2: Well, I was never a Flair fan, so that last match was just how I remembered him before.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, on that note, do we have anything coming up?
Speaker 3: We don't have anything coming up.
Speaker 1: We have a very well I'm gonna put it over again this Tuesday coming up. We have a really really fun interview and again it's a person that I've never had on the show that I think you're gonna love. So please tune in Tuesday. All new episode of IZ appear with Francine. Tell your friends get ready for it. It drops at three to zero one am one Tuesday morning. Listen to it when you go into work, or on your lunch break, or whenever you get a free moment, because it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be no sneak it at work.
Speaker 1: Sneak it at work. I don't want them to get fired. This is probably going to go an hour. I could talk to him for twenty hours, but This will probably be a long one. This will probably be an hour, so just set some time aside. But it's going to be a good one.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: And if you're not following me on the iHeartRadio app, please do so.
Speaker 3: If you're not.
Speaker 1: Subscribed on Spotify or Apple, push that subscribe button. And if you are not subscribed on YouTube, what are you waiting for? This is all free. Subscribe ring that bell so you get the notifications and go back and listen and watch our hundreds upon hundreds of episodes that we have because they're all bangers, good stuff.
Speaker 3: Child you doing anything fun? Do you need anything to promoted?
Speaker 2: I am not doing a gosh darn thing fun right here on every single week. Fantastic at Chatty and b on x at ivy exclusives on Instagram.
Speaker 1: All right, if you want to follow me on social media, you can do so at ECWD. For Francine, I hope you're staying safe. I hope you're staying healthy, and most of all, I hope you're staying extreme.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh, Franccene, franc Queen Extreme Extremes up ahead The Queen Extreme podcasts as up here. It's the Queen Extreme Podcast It's the Queen of Extreme. Bring in the legency is the woman Nifty Dreams letting on the Scene franc Scene Podcast. What You Need, What your Tramp Places to show you what your needs you find the stand Queens from the beginning of time. Odds here our heart Radio, shine only a head and tell you stories from the where the legend odes up here The Queen Nobody's like fresh se Eyes up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast, Eyes up here, here, Here, The Queen Extreme Podcast. Eyes up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here here The Queen Extreme Podcast Podcast