Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: The CDC is warning of a deadly E Coli outbreak linked to the McDonald's quarter pounder. At least forty nine people in ten states have gotten sick between September twenty seventh and October eleventh. McDonald's removing the sandwich from the menu in affected areas, saying in a statement a subset of illnesses may be linked to slivered onions used in the quarter pounder and sourced by a single supplier that serves three distribution centers.
Speaker 4: I said to my son, how do I always order the quarter pounder? He said, with no onions. We high five, so I'm in the clear. I had texted my brother immediately. He was a fan of the fast food. I said, I've had a quarter pounder with cheese today. He said, I haven't had one since Friday, so everything, Thanks God, God of a funny response. Really, I haven't had one in several days, so I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Got the funky onions going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's quite a deal for a lot of people are a lot, But I've heard four or five different people say kind of a coleincidence at McDonald's has a Trump's at McDonald's, and then they claim this, So I don't think they're related at all. Pretty big deal for a major corporation like McDonald's, though, you got two large a number of people that ended up in the hospital and one person died.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a horrifying pr blow, not to mention, you know, the loss of life.
Speaker 4: Plus I love a quarter pounder with cheese, no onions. That's a good burger. Well, that's a burger burger. Using my finger quotes burger coming up. The latest claims that Trump is Hitler from his former chief of staff. This is I think I can attempt at an October surprise. I mean, because they've had this information for years and here's a new round of it coming out today and we'll get to that on the way, so stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Well it may be October. Well there you go. That settles. It may be October. But I've been hearing T equals H for a long time. Anyway, more analysis to come in real life. People bringing this up to me a lot the whole Menendez Brothers. You got the Netflix series, and you got the documentary, and you got the actual court case. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Renewed and intense push to possibly get two of the nation's most infamous convicted killers out of prison. Eric and Lyle Menendez shot and killed their parents at their Beverly Hills home in nineteen eighty nine. They were found guilty of first degree murder in nineteen ninety six, but now thirty five years later, some of their family members and celebrity turned criminal justice for former advocate Kim Kardashian and others say that the Menanda's brother's life sentences should be re examined.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: A letter written months before the nineth teen eighty nine murders has become a crucial new piece of the brother's new fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So before you want to hear from George Gascon, before you explain what you think is going on here or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Unholy loved child of Kermit the Frog and Count Dracula. Yeah, go ahead, twenty one, Michael, I'm evaluating.
Speaker 6: There's actually two different camps.
Speaker 2: In my office.
Speaker 6: I have a group of people, including some that were involving the original trial that are adamant that they should spend the rest of their life in prison and that they were not molested. I have other people in the office that believe actually that they probably were molested and that they deserve to have some relief. I planned to have a decision by the end of this week, which is what I promised. We had a court time late November on the Avias, but given the public attention to this case, I've decided to try to come up with a decision earlier than that, and I will.
Speaker 2: This is a radical Marxist scumback desperately trying to hold onto his job, George Giscone, who's bent on overwhelming the legal system to bring it down and Russia in a Marxist utopia. He believes in turning scumbags loose any chance he gets.
Speaker 4: Oh and yeah, he's let all kinds of criminals get away with being criminals because of his weird ideology. So you got to factor that into the whole Menandaz thing. But so, the Menendez brothers shotgunned their parents to death, were found guilty, been in prison a very very long time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: There's claims with this Netflix series and all kinds of different stuff that there's new information that they were so violently sexually abused by specifically their dad, that you know, you would have done the same thing grown up in that household. There's also information, Katie, you actually watched the series. I was talking to somebody about this the other day, and I'd forgotten this a fair amount of information that they had been researching this sort of thing before they killed their parents, about you know, how you justify these sorts of murders, and going to the library and looking up that's sort of thing, and looking into other cases where people had made these claims for sure premeditated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and their defense was premeditated. And just the legal doctrine then is now, is that you can't kill somebody in vengeance for abuse. You can to protect your own life. Now, between then and now, harshness of sentencing thoughts on that topic have changed. They may have gotten a somewhat lighter sentence if indeed the sexual abuse had been agreed upon by the court. Documentary. I'm a little stipulated.
Speaker 4: I'm a little soft on the old vengeance thing.
Speaker 2: I gotta admit, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: Some horrible scumbagger abuses you, and you finally decide that's it.
Speaker 2: As a juror. Yeah, a lot of people feel that way, and it's very brave of you to say that out loud. Ah, But no, I know, I know what you mean. So that's true. Of those things are true, So it's conceivable you could find a judge who would soften the sentence. On the other hand, as we mentioned a week or two ago, when this stuff was first burbling up, they had a session with psychiatrist in which they had every opportunity to talk about sexual abuse, and it just they never ever brought it up. And in the original trial, according to the appeal judge, the evidence of that was so thin it wasn't even worth discussing on a factual basis. He wasn't even going to take it on, or the panel of judges wasn't even going to take it on. So documentaries and the guy who did the documentary, this is what he does. Take gruesome crimes and high profile stuff and take a new look at the facts and really emphasize this fact and dramatize it and drag people in. And I don't claim to have the be all and end all definitive opinion on this, but if he went into this project, and he put out a product that said, Oh no, they're guilty as hell. They should be in jail. It wouldn't be a tenth as compelling is the idea of misplaced justice and these handsome boys are actually victims and blah blah blah. So you emphasize the one thing over the other in order to get that vibe going. That's what he does for a living.
Speaker 4: It's tough because if I heard some descriptions of what they claim their dad was doing to him, and it's pretty over the top horrific from the Netflix series, If that happened to you as a kid.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you'd react.
Speaker 4: You might not tell somebody when you're given the opportunity to tell them, You just might not. That might be so lotched up in your mind as a secret that you can't deal with.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's right. It's like people who can't believe that a woman raped by Harvey Weinstein couldn't say anything or bring it to the police. I don't believe her, now, you don't. You don't get it. You haven't heard, read, learned enough about victims, especially that sort of crime, and in their minds and their hearts and the rest of it. Yeah, I you know, some of the stuff that's alleged is quote unquote extreme, but any brand of child rape to me, whatever you got coming, you got it coming now. But she wanted to go into all the facts of the trial to put her out of her misery.
Speaker 4: They said, that's pretty hard to justify.
Speaker 2: And when she survived the initial several shootings, they went out, got more ammunition from the garage and everything he was reloaded. The shotgun came in and point blanked her.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'd forgotten that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the AMMO was in the back of their car. And at one point the investigators let I forget which one of the brothers go out and actually take the bag that had THEMO and the AMMO and the empty shells out of the car because he said he needed to get his tennis stuff, which was a big part of blowing the evidence.
Speaker 4: So if Gash go and lets them out, does he have the power to let him out.
Speaker 2: No, he's got to find a judge who like refers it back to the prosecution or and I'm sorry, I don't know the exact terminology, but the judge said, yeah, there's definitely reason to have a retrial and then guests go and says, yeah, the people of California choose not to retry them. That's when he would have a roll. If I'm wrong, please hit us with an email mail bag at Armstrong and Getty. Wow.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the celebrity interview get that would be if they both get out?
Speaker 6: Woo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's an interesting way to look at it. But yeah, that would be a it would be big. Wow, here's a twist.
Speaker 4: I'll be darned. Well, do we want to roll on? We were going to roll on with more avern behavior, but I feel like that's an awful lot for one segment.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just if you haven't heard the story. The Abercrombie and Fitch CEO, who's behind all those like sexualized, like disturbingly young model advertising campaigns. He was a hardcore core boy rapist and torturer and a monster, just a perverse, ditty styled rapist monster. I used to mock.
Speaker 4: Every single year the Abercrombie and Fitch catalog would come out, and this was for decades, starting way back when I was a music disc jockey. The catalog would come out and there'd be a controversy. Some people say the pictures are too sexualized and too young, and I would and I always said, they're just jerking you around. They do some stuff that's kind of a risque. So they get all this media coverage and the main theme being Hey, everybody, the new Abercrombie and Fitch catalog's out. It was a whole bunch of free publicity. Turns out the guy is actually a provo. I think, yeah, both are true, Both are true, but he wasn't just manipulating the media. It's actually like really bad, like Ditty.
Speaker 2: Bad, h Harvey Weinstein bad, Jeffrey Epstein bad. And I think the theme here is that if you are powerful and you are rich, people will, for fear or favor, remain silent about your horrors. That's just the way people are. I'm not trying to bring anybody down or freak anybody out, but you've got to understand that's the way human beings behave. In a lot of cases, they will keep their mouths shut, whether to profit from it or out of fear of the powerful person. No matter what horrors they witness or maybe embarrassment. They don't want their lives to get worse.
Speaker 4: They feel like their lives to get worse rather than better if they move forward with trying to bring this person down.
Speaker 2: Well, in every victimizer like this will say to their victims, if you know the circumstances are right, if you breathe a word of this, I will ruin you. I can.
Speaker 4: I can perfectly understand why you'd take a pass, even if you were like convinced that if I come forward, this person's going to go to jail. You just think I want this to be behind me. I don't want to think about it again in my life. I can see how you do that. But yeah, we've got the there's no arguing with you. The evidence is in between Harvey Weinstein, P. Diddy and this guy from aber Cromme and Fitch. You can get away with it for a really long time. Within each case, there's got to be hundreds of people that know what was going on.
Speaker 2: Kelly R.
Speaker 4: Kelly, and you still keep doing it. I mean, it's just it's amazing, but it's true.
Speaker 2: So I don't like human beings. It's a vicious species.
Speaker 4: We're thirteen days out from presidential election. Have we had an October surprise drop? Looks like maybe we have, we can discuss the whole hitler things stay tuned.
Speaker 8: If the early vote numbers stay the way they are, and that's a big if, we'll almost certainly know before election day who's going to win the election. We're going to talk a lot about that, the reasons why Democrats might be underperforming, the prospect that they'll recover. But again, make no mistake, if these numbers hold up states where we can understand even partially what the data is like, we'll know that Donald Trump's going to be present.
Speaker 4: That's Mark Alpern on his Zoom call last night, where he recounts what he the information he gets every day from inside sources in the campaigns Republican and Democrat. I think he works very very hard to be nonpartisan. And he says the early voting numbers are so overwhelmingly in the direction of Trump that if they hold up, and they might not. He made the point over and over again, they might not. Maybe for some reason Republicans get their early voting in earlier than Democrats do or something you never know. But if they hold up the way they are as percentages, Trump is going to win quite easily, and we will know on election day which is a pretty big story, right there. A couple other things that he had I thought were interesting. He said, He's been pitched a story that, if true, would end Trump's campaign. Oh, It's hard for me to even make up what that could possibly be, given the fact Trump's been convicted of something near rape.
Speaker 2: I mean, all, you know, all kinds of different things quote patively liable, must must.
Speaker 4: Sure, fine, But I mean, what could it possibly be? I can't even imagine? He didn't say, And he said it's been pitched to a number of news outlets, not just him, and so my guess would be it's so over the top and unverifiable that nobody's run.
Speaker 2: With it yet.
Speaker 4: But he has slaves currently, he'd have to currently have slaves.
Speaker 2: In Trump Tower. That's not to move the needle at all.
Speaker 4: I feel like, seriously, I can't imagine he's got a gimp in the basement.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what it could be. I don't think one would be enough.
Speaker 4: Uh, with the point being made that it's going to be a very ugly last couple of weeks, and I think we know how this is starting, so uh. He mentioned last night in the Zoom call that the Atlanta was about to drop a big story, okay, and they did so. Jeffrey Goldberg, who runs The Atlantic, released the audio of some interviews with John Kelly. John Kelly was the longest serving chief of staff under Donald Trump. Four star general, highly respected guy, and he did an interview with The Atlantic recounting some stuff that we've mostly heard before.
Speaker 2: But here's a little bit of that here than ones.
Speaker 9: You know, the Hitler did some good things too, and of course, if you know history, again, I think he's lacking in that. But if you know what his you know, Hitler was all about, uh, you'd be pretty hard to make an argument that you did anything good.
Speaker 4: So that is being portrayed in all lefty and mainstream news media as Trump at being caught admiring Hitler with all respect. And I mean that in reality, not just the phrase, but in all reality. To John Kelly, I don't agree with that at all.
Speaker 2: The idea. You disagree vehemently.
Speaker 4: If you know history, there's no way you could possibly say Hitler did anything well or good.
Speaker 2: That's exactly the wrong lesson. I have spent my entire life trying to comprehend the rise and fall of the Third Reich and a couple other regimes, because I am so. I find it so incredibly compelling, the question of how does a educated, modern democratic society give way to a dictatorial regime? And then you know what happens from there? And and one of the primary parts of that answer, if you're going to answer it honestly, is that Hitler did indeed bring a lot of good things to Germany and and and you know, I don't have time to even get into this, but we deny that because you're right.
Speaker 4: I think it's important enough to it's going to be the story of the day for mainstream media.
Speaker 2: It's it to me. It's like if you got to go, it's like denying. Sometimes a con man can be charming. No, that's the key thing you have to understand. That's what they do, is their arming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are people's deep enough, smart enough to understand the nuance of this. I don't even think it's that much nuance, But uh, stay tuned a lot more on the way.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: He caught its more than ones that you know, the Hitler did some good things too, And of course, if you know history, again, I think he's lacking in mat if.
Speaker 2: You know what his you know Hitler was all about.
Speaker 9: Uh it, You would be pretty hard to make an argument that she did anything good.
Speaker 4: Some of the clips released by the Atlantic Jeffrey Goldberg, who talked to Trump's former chief of staff, four star General John Kelly, And that's a I think an attempt at an October surprise today is that they're going heavy with it on on ah. Well, a lot of mainstream media and certainly are anti Trump channels. Hitler praised by Trump, that sort of thing, and Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic.
Speaker 2: Doing interviews everywhere. I just brought up the Atlantic piece.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Goldberger reports Trump's obsession with dictators and disdain for the American military is deepening. And that particular quote that they put out there that I heard first thing when I got up this morning, about if you know anything about history, how can you be saying Hitler did some good things?
Speaker 2: Right? So I've got a number of thoughts on the topic. Number One, I get that Trump does have quote unquote dictatorial impulses. I think it's mostly that he was a a CEO, and every CEO gets into politics, it learns quickly that I can't just bark out orders and everybody obeys them. It's the levers of power are very, very different than those in business, and I think Trump runs into that. Also, he's just the sort of guy who plays hardball all the time. We've discussed more than once. He will hire a plumber, say five hundred hotel rooms and one hundred dollars a room. When it comes to the end of the project, he says, I'll pay you seventy dollars per room. If you don't like it, sue me. That's just the way he did business. And so those impulses, they don't look good in a president, and they've always graded on me. So it's not like one hundred percent looney Tunes to think that he doesn't quite understand the historical weight that's on his shoulders as the president. I get that. I don't think that's totally invalid. On the other hand, of this specific comment from Kelly, and he's a smart man, and I'm surprised he made it. But as I started to say before the break, I've spent my entire life trying to understand how democratic systems free people permit dictatorships and totalitarianism to take hold. Whether it's the French Revolution, which Jack knows more about than I do, or situation MAOIs China. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich is something I've long been fascinated by, partly because I studied the German language and culture. But how does an educated, smart, sophisticated democratic society give way to one of the most monstrous dictators you know that's lived certainly in the last couple of centuries.
Speaker 4: Right with the piece that I think most people miss and you should read The Rise and Fall of the thund right by schreier Man.
Speaker 2: That's a good book, but anyway, it is terrific. It's so readable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hitler got elected for almost everything he did up till the end when he took over. I mean, just the people willingly went along with this, which is your point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after the famous beer Hall push for which he went to jail, he quite specifically said, Hey, we're going to do this by the books now because it's just not working to try to, you know, overthrow the government. So we're going to get elected. And the point that Kelly gets exactly.
Speaker 10: Wrong is that he did lots of things good and right and effectively at a time when Germany was was was desperate for effective leadership.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're a stupid, freaking moron, you're thinking Joe Getty's praising Hitler, Joe Getty's praising Hitler, not at all. The question is how to free societies give themselves over to dictatorship. And often it gets back to the whole or well versus actually thing. Often it's not that those societies were bull dozed and bullied. It's because they were wooed. They were seduced into the idea that this great and visionary leader would make their lives so good. Look what he's already done that we should grant him dictatorial dictatorial powers that heretofore we have considered out of the question, for instance, to hearken to modern times? Can you hearken to modern times? Or do you have to hearken to I think you can. Anyway, we on the democratic side are so enlightened and so pure of heart that you should you should grant us the censor's power to get rid of misinformation and disinformation and hate speech. We're not going to trample on the First Amendment as long as what you say is good and honest. All right, People get seduced into that and It doesn't do you any good as a as a you know, a participant in a society that's as prone to being seduced by those evil impulses as anyone and has been through history, except that we've got such a great constitution. You need to understand. Yes, the con man, the monster, the child molester, they come on with a great pitch. That's why they're so dangerous. So that's my gripe with John Kelly.
Speaker 4: So from a guy who really is fascinated by presidential campaigns and elections, I wonder to what extent this was coordinated between Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic and the Harris campaign because she made that turn toward he's a dangerous, crazy fascist what like a week ago where she really made the turn to where that it's like the only thing she talks about as opposed to you know, economic policy or anything like that, and then they drop this today. I'd be shocked if there wasn't some coordination on that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure there was. I'm sure there was two. You know, maybe Goldberg didn't pick up the phone call Kamala, but his people talking to her people. Hey, by the way, just a word of the wise. We got this blockbuster coming up interview with John Kelly. If you want to hit the hole he's a fascist, he's going to overthrow a democracy thing. We got some help for you.
Speaker 4: Interesting thing to do from a journalism standpoint, also is if you have a big time story about one of the candidates, you wait until you think it would have maximum effect on swaying the election one way or another, which is not exactly doing journalism.
Speaker 2: No, I'll but they could argue semi disingenuously. Well, that's when it's gonna have the great impact as a story too, because interest is at fever.
Speaker 4: Pole when we would sell the most issues of our magazine. Yeah, I suppose you make that flegs, etc. I don't think that's the reason.
Speaker 2: Oh you know. My final thought on this topic, and I made it earlier, is that I understand the concerns about Trump and his tendencies and his lack of historical perspective on the importance of the presidency and the Constitution and stuff like that. It bothers me a lot about the guy, but I think the smartest, best people in the Republican Party will restrain his worst impulses. And I think the smartest, best people in the Democratic Party will encourage Kamala Harris's worst impulses toward undermining the Supreme Court, ending the filibuster, trampling on free speech, which I tell you what, you wanted to see me go down fight and come after my free speech. Anyway, I think you're right about that.
Speaker 4: I spent a lot of time thinking about this last night, actually because I have friends who who are so worried about Trump, anti Trump, who are conservatives. I just am not worried about damage he can do as president. I'm just not And I don't know if I'm naive, but I'm not. I really don't think our system would allow a guy. I mean, like, I one hundred percent think our system doesn't allow a guy to all of a sudden take over the military and become a dictator.
Speaker 2: It'd be impossible, right right, accommodation of the strength of our institutions and constitution. Well, now that's really that. I can end it there. Our institutions are strong enough to withstand something like that. If indeed Trump and the story, the narrative is, instead of the John Kellys and John Bolton's of the world, for instance, He's going to have all sycophants this time who are willing to do his every bidding, no matter how nutty. But even if that were the case, if there was, for instance, I mean, just for instance, if he decides he is going to make the Justice Department purely a tool of his vengeance against those he perceives as having wronged him, and a lot of them have freaking wronged him, he's right. But anyway, if it crossed the line into something that was untoward on that'sy cale, you'd see a mass resignation of attorneys and all sorts of people around the country. I mean, it would, it would bring the DOJ to a halt. Yeah, you know that we're getting way out of this.
Speaker 4: Should be podcast stuff, probably long drawn out, dry podcast stuff that people do for three hours.
Speaker 2: But I grew up with.
Speaker 4: A sort of a fascination around Watergate because it happened when I was a little kid, didn't fully understand it, and then it was always portrayed as such a horror in how he came so close to losing the country and everything like that my whole life, and then when I got old enough to fully understand it, we didn't come close at all. He had several attorney generals in a row resign saying I'm not doing that. I'm not going to do that, which is what would happen under Trump.
Speaker 2: Also right right, keeping in mind the senatorial approval of various posts that the president might try to fill. But no, I just I don't see it going very far. Do I worry sometimes about Trump and his impulses? Yeah, absolutely so, absolutely. Do I worry more about Kamala Harrison progressive policies in the ways polluting the heart and mind of America, not to mention, ushering in millions of Venezuela and gang members and god knows what else. Yeah, I find that a much more direct and immediate threat.
Speaker 4: So a couple of other things to pass along to you from this amazing video cast that I watched last night with a whole bunch of insiders. One that idea that if early voting holds up the way it is, Trump's gonna win quite easily.
Speaker 2: Whether it holds up or not, don't know.
Speaker 4: And look for a turn, they said Republican and Democrat strategists starting probably at least by this weekend, where they start saying, look, we're gonna lose. You need to turn out, getting away from the you know well, just flat out saying it. I mean, this is your hail Mary desperate sort of thing, admitting you're losing.
Speaker 2: Going from where the underdog where the plucky up starts, we're changed to hey, we're about to lose. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also to see a turn by congress people starting to make the argument, hey, we need to be the check on Trump, so you need to vote for me a congress person. If if you're going out to vote for you know, Trump, vote for me as a Democrat for your congress person to be a check on Trump, that they might finally do that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. As I mentioned earlier, all the Wall Street guys and hedge fun guys that are making big bets that Trump's going to be the winner, betting huge stacks of money, not literally bets, but you know what I mean, investments.
Speaker 4: Thirteen days ago. Though a fair number of things could happen in thirteen days. I'm shocked how much it's moved in the last thirteen or the previous thirty.
Speaker 2: What a wild ride.
Speaker 4: This whole thing has been, and it just won go ahead. I think it would be good if somebody were declared the winner on election day I just think that would be a calming thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we haven't even mentioned a robust, manly American foreign policy, although I'm a little concerned about Ukraine. And also what was the other issue that oh in energy independence, which underpins virtually the entire economy. Didn't even mention that issue versus Trump sometimes wants to issue orders they go around Congress.
Speaker 4: Okay, Trump's doing Joe Rogan on Friday. He doesn't need to. I'm kind of surprised. I think he's doing it to try to you know, cause there was Taka Kamala doing it and she has I was just gonna ask what happened with him. Yeah, so I think he's doing Rogan to try to have it. Okay, I did Rogan, You're gonna do Rogan. You know she tried the same thing with sixty minutes. I can give you an example of why maybe he didn't do sixty minutes. This thing from the CBS Evening News from the other night. Give you an idea how biased they are. It's crazy. Among other things we've got coming up, listen to this.
Speaker 11: Tonight, in Detroit, at a Harris campaign event, Eminem introduced former President Obama. Eminem and Obama yep, and between them the average out to talking at a normal speed.
Speaker 2: Mom's spaghetti.
Speaker 4: I found that amusing. Oh so I just went back and watched a little of the morning version of the political podcast I watched, where they re brought up the fact that there's a story floating out there about Trump that would end his campaign. Mark Alprin doesn't believe it's real. No other outlet has picked it up either. I can't imagine what that would be because Trump has had so many actual things occur that he's weathered easily, because I think he's gonna get elected again. Can't imagine what would be so strong it would end his campaign, you know, a week out when he's winning.
Speaker 2: What could it possibly be?
Speaker 4: Anyway, they also mentioned there's a story out there floating around about Tim Walls that would end his campaign regarding something to do with ties to Russia that they also believe is not true. But the point being that there's gonna be a bunch of stuff coming in this last dozen days or so from all kinds of places, including Russia and China and Iran. We all need to remember that even if it's something that helps our favorite candidate, we do not want our enemies influencing our elections.
Speaker 2: That ain't good, right, right, just stirring the pot in general worth mentioning. Speaking of dishonest stories, we featured the ad yesterday of a nice old lady right before NBC News saying Donald Trump keeps talking about cutting Social Security. I need that money to live.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Trump hasn't uttered a word about cutting Social Security. In fact, the opposite.
Speaker 4: I wish he would.
Speaker 2: So that's how dishonest it is now at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so many official stuff is dishonest and misleading, as it always has been in politics and always will be. And then you got who knows what story's floating around and uh so many pointing out Jeffrey Goldberg may have just finished his journalism on the whole Trump Hitler story and it came out today.
Speaker 2: But probably not come on to give you an idea. He was shouting at his staff. We've got to wrap up this Trump Hitler thing. It's mid October and we just got the start. No stop it.
Speaker 4: Nazi Germany prey meditated to give you an idea how all in the mainstream media is for one side or another. This is from Monday Evenings CBS Evening News with Nora O'Donnell. She was one of the moderators from the last debate, and so this is covering a whole big week, you know, second to last weekend before the presidential election, lots of campaigning going on. Here's how she summarizes both candidates.
Speaker 12: A selection day is just over two weeks away, and the fight for every single last undecided vote in battleground states is intensifying. Vice President Kamala Harris's targeting disaffected Republican voters by hitting the trail with Liz Cheney in the crucial blue wall states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Cheney was a powerful Republican congresswoman and today she called Harris a responsible adult. As for former President Donald Trump, he was back in North Carolina again pushing false claims about FEMA and immigrants, as after he spent the weekend slinging a crude insult at Harris, engaging in lewd locker room talk about the late golfing legend Arnold Palmer, and staging a campaign stunt at a Pennsylvania McDonald's.
Speaker 4: That is almost impossible to believe that it actually happened to that level.
Speaker 2: If that had been written by the DNC. How would it have been different.
Speaker 4: I don't think it would be at all, unless they might have said that's too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to ease up. It's too obvious. Yeah, well, I'll see you, Nora O'Donnell's big hair and I'll raise you Lester Holt's sonorous voice.
Speaker 1: Same night tonight, the race for the White House, both candidates blitzing the battlegrounds were just fifteen days to go, with Poles showing a dead heat. Vice President Kamala Harrison, former President Donald Trump going all in on swing states, Mister Trump criss crossing North Carolina, repeating falsehoods about the response to Hurricane Helene and declining to denounce violent threats to FEMA workers Wow, and Trump's supporter Elon Musk, raising concerns by offering million dollar giveaways to voters. Miss Harris today barnstorming three battlegrounds Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin alongside Republican Liz Cheney. Why Cheney says even women who are anti abortion like she is, should back Miss Harris.
Speaker 4: On freaking Believe Tonight on the Kamala News Network, What you just heard unbelievable. I could write in like a minute, the opposite way to handle that, and it would be just as true, or a neutral one, or a neutral one if you wanted to be a journalist. God, that is incredible. If you miss an hour of this show, we do four every day. If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You should subscribe so you don't miss a moment
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty