Speaker 1: Bright.
Speaker 2: All right, job.
Speaker 3: All across the USC Compton watch Bay to LA, come on to California, say from valley to valley.
Speaker 2: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 3: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you're tuning into Gainst the Chronicles Chronic Goals.
Speaker 2: Be gonna tell you how we goals.
Speaker 3: If I lie, my nose will grow like Pinocchio. We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truths.
Speaker 2: The chronic goals. This is not your average show.
Speaker 3: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't big change and big spires.
Speaker 2: Strictly from the streets. Hello, Welcome to the Gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen, subscribe to Against the Chronicles, leave a start rating the comment. We like to welcome every one to another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. And I am, of course big still with my homeboy. Yeah you know, I'm gonna take a little bit of time to address some stuff that's out there in the Internet world. And I'm not gonna say no names, but this person Internet conspiracy today. Yeah, Internet conspiracy because apparently I don't own the company. Did I put my code hard cash up to start.
Speaker 1: All the way on that conspiracy?
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying all this stuff. You know, there's a guy. I'm not gonna say his name because that's what he is. He's an attention seeking jeriatric. I haven't been.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't I don't do a lot of I gotta be honest, I really don't do a lot of YouTube and internet and stuff outside of Karan Ship and doing a little bit of music. Trying to do that. I can't say I really be you know, but it be a gang of shit out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't pay attention either man, because one thing I don't want to do. I'm not trying to get his dude, no promotion pretty much. I'm gonna go back to the beginning. We used to record up in Beverly Hills. You've been to the mansion.
Speaker 4: Before, Yeah, that's when I first met y'all. Yeah, you know, came to the mansion, you know.
Speaker 2: So we up in the mansion and if you remember that place, this is easily maybe what you think brand a ten million dollar home? You know, we in a ten million dollar home. And I'm doing business with these people. Right. So this guy comes in for a meeting because like every other has been gangster, he won a podcast, right, he want to get a podcast. So I take the time to meet him and stuff like that. I meet with him, he starts kind of getting loud, and you know, he wanted them type of people to bark when he talked, you know, just the extra, you know what I mean, just real extra with the stuff. So I'm in the laughing with laughing at the dude. Right. And keep in mind when we had this meeting, James sitting in the room and I got I'm not gonna say their name, but you know I got four or five homeboys. It's out there in the front, Brian, you can attest to that. They was always over there. Right. If I would have gave a message Dada came in there and stumped the mud hole and do. But that's not what I want because again I'm a businessman, right, So I'm talking to this dude or whatever whatever whatever. I help him out with some stuff. Right now. One thing I am gonna say, you didn't force me to do a damn thing. Anything I do out the kindness of my heart. See that's the problem when you help niggas. Niggas take stuff as a sign of weakness. I am definitely not weak. You don't know me, homeboy, You definitely don't know me to be speaking my name talking about you chased me around with a mic stand and had a pipe and all this. My homeboys, I'd have whooped your ass myself. Straight up. You are a sixty year old man, but I'm not on that stuff again. I am a businessman. I got children that's doing better than you. My nineteen year old daughter make more money than you. You're talking about you going to a state. You drive from a piece of shit, beat up ass truck. Talk about you coming from in the state. I'm gonna tell you this, man, I'm gonna tell everybody else out there. I'm not gonna keep allowing y'all just to play with my name. You know what I am gonna do. I got attorneys for niggas like y'all, So keep playing with my name and see what you get hit with that little shit, little raggedy shit you got. I would take it and it would be mine. And I would go give it away to a hobo, because that's what you are. You are all bumm. Keep my name out your mouth. Now that my ran is over with, we keep going. Okay. You know, you know the guy from cash app, the guy started cash app. I think his name is Bob Lee, my correct, Um, he got murdered. This is kind of old news. But what I found interesting was the federal government is now starting their own version of that stuff. I know, I read a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: I've done too much interesting it in it I try to stay away from. I know that's the ship. A lot of people use cash app. You know, a lot of people use the money wiring services.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Back in my days, all we had was Western Union, Oh for real, yeah I remember that. So but uh, you know, nowadays got Zaeil, you got cash App, you got Venmo, you got all these money site. So just a matter of time until the government got in on it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the government right now, man, because I used to got hit with a big text bill. Man, Like, honestly, I got hit with the text bill. It kind of scared me. You know, I'm getting erectified and everything, because they will throw your ass and jail behind it.
Speaker 4: Well you know, hopefully it's not no astronomical you know what I'm saying. Yeah, because they will. They will come at you. You know, they want their bread and I'm gonna give it to them too, so they don't have to have no problems. They will, they will work with you if you're not in the position and where you at that you at that million dollar mark and shit.
Speaker 2: Oh no I'm not up there. Yeah, that's when they start throwing you in jailing exactly.
Speaker 4: You know, they start owing them millions, they coming after you. You owe a couple one hundred thousand, they be willing to work with you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes brothers, you know, especially us, we start making good, clean money and you know it just it just goes away from us sometime, you know, taxes and all the legitimate stuff that you gotta do when you're making money at that bracket. So you know, you learn, you live and learn, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what see and see the thing is where we get in trouble with too. And I'm gonna go back this because I know you're not a conspiracy theories eight. I just thought the timing of it was mighty funny. Did this man come up? Did and the government is starting they stuff? But I don't know if they don't. I'm not seeing the government went out there and killed them. I just thought it was really I saw the irony in it.
Speaker 4: You want to say things happen for reasons, but shit be mysterious and the next thing you know, something happens on top of already the conspiracy of what you think is you know, what I'm saying is being contributed to the shit. So I try not to I try not to get into that shit because it could take you.
Speaker 1: A gang of motherfucking places. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Being a conspiracy theorist man could have you just I mean, the way the clock turned, the way a motherfucking light switch is turned on and off, it's a conspiracy. So I try not to get too much in that. But not, you know, I put nothing against it, because sometimes you never know, some of the shit might be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of weird stuff, but you know, on that touch stuff, man, what happens is, especially as a business owner and you have so much going on, there's a lot of cash to change his hands, right, definitely, And if you don't collect ten nullion nine some people and stuff like that, you will wind up actually owing a lot more money than what you really do because these people ain't took care of their business. You know, you give somebody a ten ninety nine for them. So I had to get to the point man, to where if unless you got a ten ninety nine, you would not get paid exactly, you would not get paid. But the thing is with all this stuff, man, with money and stuff, it comes responsibility. That's like I was explaining to my son. I was saying, you know, you go out and you make a half a million dollars or whatever like that, you're really only making two seventy five three hundred. Yeah, you're really only making two seventy five or three hundred. So I think the best thing to do, man, is just when you get a lump something in, it's just going to pay it off top automatically. Count. If you get a check for one hundred thousand, just no, man, I got seventy five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's best to take about thirty and just put it up, you know, And already say this is what I'm gonna look forward to paying taxes off of because you know, shit, it could go for years and years and years, but eventually, you know, it catches up, just like everything.
Speaker 2: You feel me, oh for sure when I tell you, we catch yourself and believe me. I know. I remember when I was going over to England a lot. I used to go to the UK man, probably like two or three times a month, right, And you know, when you young, you think you just getting money, but them ten ninety nine start hitting your ass. They start hitting you with that paperwork. Man, like, yeah, we told that we gave you this money. Because they have to pay taxes on that money. I'm pretty sure wherever they at. Man. So it's a real slippery slope. Man, you gotta be careful. That's why you get a lot of entertainers and athletes that wind up having immense tax problems later on because nobody ever told them. And then sometimes when you have these financial people, man, these financial people, you know, people handling your business for you. Man, the motherfucker's in there, you're stealing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never.
Speaker 4: You know, I I've you know, I might not have been in a bracket somehere. These you know, these artists out here. You know, I claim to be an average motherfucker, you know, hard working, nine to five ass nigga, rapping nigga is me. But you you have to be able to figure out when you get to that status, man, because you know they.
Speaker 1: They will come for you.
Speaker 4: And then it's it's it's it's all about trust, man, who you can trust, because I always tell the motherfucker you're gonna get fucked regardless of what it is.
Speaker 1: I don't care, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: He'll play the honist, he'll play the honest a bass motherfucker for as long as he can. But eventually, sooner or later, the nigga's gonna take you know, you get a quarter, he gonna take five cents of it. A motherfucker, you get fifty cent, he won't motherfucking fifteen cents off of it.
Speaker 2: For real.
Speaker 4: And they're gonna figure out how to do it, even though on top of that, you're paying the motherfucker what he should be getting. Yeah, but check this out by by you know, by standard. But it's just it's just some motherfuckers who feel like I just I just deserve a little more, even though it's your bread and you out there working for it, and you out there performing or entertaining, or sports or doing whatever you're doing. You know, when you get into that league where you gotta have other motherfuckers handling your money, you best believe somebody trying to dip into cookies yard off.
Speaker 2: For sure, you Sawterrell Owens, remember he had that TV show man and that man was on their crime because somebody tried to tell me that was stage that said no, if you saw that dude, man, that dude was really gone. He had all the money he thought he had saved that was gone. He didn't have nothing. And that's the thing. You know, when you get with these people that talk about they can invest your money and double your money, they still get paid their commission whether the investment is successful or not. So if you invest in the restaurant. Let's say you invest two fifty into a restaurant, right and that restaurant ain't successful, that dude still get his commission regardless of whether you lose or not, regardless whether you lose a win, and he gonna get a bigger commission. I for the is successful, but he's taking his off the top though he's taking hiss off top. Why do you.
Speaker 4: Think motherfuckers feel like they have the position or feel just like I want to fuck a nigga period. Why you think niggas do that?
Speaker 2: You know what I notice eight, especially what I'm not gonna say black people, because it's a difference between niggas and black people. A nigga feels like a motherfucker owe him something. They feel like they oh, h'm something. Fuck what's fair or what's right? Right? They feel like somebody owes them something, even if they not putting up a dime. A nigga would show up every week, they do the minimum and go home, but yet expect to get the same thing that you get, if not more, and to get mad at your ass if they can't do it. And I'm talking about like you got two different people, right, you got the white corporate types right. And most of that happens because they think they're more intelligent than us. But once they find out, if they find out that they can't pull one over from you. If you're a person that's really tending to detail and you pay a lot of attention to detail, they're not gonna fuck with you like that. But if you a dude, it's kind of just like really just letting them do their job, which you should be able to if you're paying a man for a service to watch over your money, you should be able to sleep at night knowing your cash is they're not being spent on putting his daughter through college or buying his mistress some new tities.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: And it's not all I don't it's not even all related to the fact that a motherfucker handling your money, because it's a motherfucker you could even deal with as far as going into business.
Speaker 2: With or whatever.
Speaker 4: Who just feel like, you know, I deserve to get more money, you know what I'm saying, situations of motherfuckers who you know, like one of my situations to where you know, you go out get a record deal. You know, I'm sitting up writing all these songs in the studio all night. You know, I'm sitting up me and me and my man, we sitting up all night trying to come up with songs. And you know, I'm writing lyrics left and right and then because we don't have that motherfucking position to where we can sit down at the table with the main motherfucker like just like a money man.
Speaker 1: But now you got a middleman.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, and the motherfucker feel like, Okay, well I introduced the motherfucker to the label or to the person who signed them, and they's feel like they should get even after you break them off. You know what I'm saying, Because it's always you know what niggas used to call a finder's feet back.
Speaker 2: You know what. And I'm not mad at somebody. If somebody connects me with something, man and they I go out and make some money, I'm gonna throw you back some breathe. That's just right. You know what I'm saying. You give me a play eight and not gonna make fifty thousand on it, I'm gonna come and shoot your team.
Speaker 4: But a lot of the plays be shit, motherfucker be like they want to take, they want to make, They want to get more money than you make any Oh yeah, motherfucker who's doing all over?
Speaker 2: We do that situation firsthand because you're about to do some stuff with my man from BT you for this movie, right, and when he calls me, you know, my guy shout out to my homeboy kto he plugs it up because he said, hey man, this dude's been trying to get at eight, but eight is telling them his date rate is fifteen thousand a day. I'm like, damn, that's not even after a SAG. You're getting some.
Speaker 1: You know, they get made money, right, it said fifteen to day.
Speaker 2: They can put it on the table. So and you know, when I talk to you about it, you don't know nothing about it. You're not even aware of it. But that's aware of shit. But that's where we're at now. If they can't hook it up and rate the sister situation before you even go get started. Because if he collecting fifteen, what did he think that you was gonna go somewhere and get five hundred a day, which is really the normal day rate for it for a series, depending on what the budget is. I think the minimum is SAG is like probably eight hundred and fifteen hundred day or something like that. Right, I don't have to I don't have a little scale in front of me.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: But because I haven't done nothing in a long time, I think I stopped doing the acting stuff when they went on strike that one time, and I got tired of going on all the auditions.
Speaker 4: Even though I was never I ain't never even considered myself a fucking actor, so I never I did minis. I did fucking thicker than water. I did a hundred kilos, you know, and.
Speaker 2: That was it. I never went after shit. So I did a really job doing minutes. You was acting your ass off of that month.
Speaker 4: I really wasn't acting. I was just acting the fool was doing me. That's it.
Speaker 2: And you was a young nigga too, so that was comptant gang banging. I was. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: That was being still tied to the neighborhood, still going to the you know, that was that was.
Speaker 2: That wasn't no acting, Yeah, because you looked like an official. You look like an official gangship and that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: But like like we were saying, man ship, it's just people who feel like they deserve more than you get off of your work.
Speaker 1: And that shit surprises me sometime.
Speaker 4: And just like you said, it could be a motherfucker who hitting hitting like yeah, man, you know eight man, you know we want to But and that still puzzles puzzles me because with social media and with all the ways of getting in contact with a motherfucker, it seems like a nigga would just take his time and just try to get in contact with you direct. But you have those situations where motherfuckers try to go through people and be like, you know, ah, you know eight cause you know niggas put you know TN on twenty and whatever that shit be and whatever. So niggah, yeah, that's my nigga, man, eight right now or whatever. So people put they trust in motherfuckers and then let the negotiations begin, and like, I've never had a manager or never shit like that, or an assistant or nothing like that. I need one, but motherfuckers, you know, they'll go start negotiating for you. You eight won't this and eight won't that. And then in actuality, the mother fucker really be trying to fuck me.
Speaker 2: So you mean to tell me the little help I'll be giving you that first?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first time you don't have a motherfucker I've never had a.
Speaker 1: Manager and shit like that never.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, man, it's about, It's about finding the good. I just always felt like you ain't doing no work.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was a tight ass nigga. That's why they used to call me tight in the neighborhood because I didn't like to give up money for ship.
Speaker 1: Money was hard and.
Speaker 4: Tight, but you know what it is though I felt like this, A nigga want me to come do a show, right, nigga, how long you want me to get down?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: I need three four flights, I need this, how many rooms? And this is how much I take. I don't need a nigga to negotiate that. I just told you what.
Speaker 2: But you know what a manager is supposed to do, and theory man is bringing you more opportunities. You're not supposed to sit up and see what a lot of nigga's idea of management is now, especially these good they think they supposed to just sit up and just take phone calls. For motherfucker that hits you up on Instagram on his own right right, he hits you up directly. But a manager is supposed to be doing is going to go seek other opportunities for you that you don't have, like tours, mother tours.
Speaker 4: A long term stuff some of these niggas niggas use right now, it's like a motherfucking digital security guard because nigga, I don't want to talk to this nigga. I don't want to nigga want to call me thirty times a day and shit like that. So a lot of times you get you get motherfuckers like that. But like you said, a real manager goes ou't get you opportunities, present you with opportunities, you know, and they out there working for the brand, you know what I'm saying exactly, And some dudes are very skilled that day. And then you got niggas who just like I call them, they just want to sit up and play middleman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got the hood, and that's the average hood niggas.
Speaker 4: A lot of the times the niggas would be still calling me direct you get me. And so after I done negotiated the price, the feature or whatever, whatever, I go, Okay, now go call this nigga.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 4: It's all because, like you said, a real motherfucker is out there getting you opportunities, not waiting for opportunities to come to you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I could just sit back and cherry pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, you know you're supposed to go out as a manager and actively pursue new opportunities and endeavors, right like movies for example, right, you know, movies other stuff that's really outside of your normal scope of business. It's easy to go get shows. I could book I can have you MC eight, I can have you booked every weekend to hear to the end of thing. That's cool. But we trying to elevate to another level because you know, as we get older, because father time is undefeated. Now, as we get older, you not gonna want to go on the road. No, every weekend. You got other stuff to do. You got a son is about to start playing college ball, you got all kinds of stuff. You got family times. So sometimes it's a big on them planes and stuff.
Speaker 4: And it's like you said, it's like my ninety five around here. For the last couple of months. I've been on the road every weekend for about the last two months.
Speaker 2: So now just imagine you do a movie, right, you do a couple of flicks. You get compensated really well for that, and instead of going to go do it show every weekend, you going to nice ten fifteen city tour to where you can stack your money. Now you can have more time to relax and underwine and it's more lucrative. It's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always best to try to make time for family shit. You know, you neglect that shit sometimes.
Speaker 2: Oh you tell me, man, it's all show.
Speaker 4: Men or husband or whatever the case may be. It's very valuable, you know what I'm saying, Because in my younger days in my career, you know, I was on the road, like I don't know when I was at home. You know, between the time I dropped straight checking them and death threats, I probably was at home maybe three months out of the year for about the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: So I was we was gone all the time. So it makes it hard.
Speaker 4: So when you get the opportunity, you try to reevaluate that type of shit. And you know that's what I did when Karan came around. You know, you just have to reevaluate what's more important now, you know, chasing check everybody gonna feel chasing a check is is important and that's anything that man, you know, And don't get me wrong, I'm like you, you know what I'm saying. You gotta get the bills paid, you feel me, And getting the bills paid come with sacrifices of going out there, but you just gotta make time. Sometimes a lot of niggas nowadays, you see, you know, they make enough to where they can take their kids on the road with them and shit like that. You know, but you know, we come from a different time in era. So just just just being able to evaluate what's more important as far as family time. You know what I'm saying, because it changes the outlook great on the family situation if you ask me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely have to have a balance, man, because like when I was going over the England and Japan and Dubai and all that stuff, Man, I really started noticing, man that it was impacting my home life because when I got home, you get bombarded with all the stuff that's been happening while you've been gone, right because you on the road. And it's really not no fair to your wife if you got a woman at home. Wife at home, she's taking care of all the business. Yeah, you bringing some good dough through the crib, but you not there to deal with everything. She's dealing with everything, right, so when she come back, she's going and unload on you. And who else she gonna talk to about it? You may not feel like hearing it shit at the time, but who else she's supposed to talk to? Thank god she come to talk to you about it or not? No side, nigga, man, you feel what I'm saying, So it's like that. Man. You know, the thing is man with our people and not to just this attention is just kind of parallel to what we're talking about. This situation is kind of parallel to what we're talking about. Right, us, as black people, we have to learn that nobody owes you something. Every opportunity I've ever had, I went out and busted my ass for it. Dog, it was hard work. I did a lot of sacrifice and right, I made a lot of sacrifices. People have no idea what I sacrificed to just get stuff kicked off. They have no idea what my bills are every month. Man, my bills are twenty five thousand dollars every month. If I don't have that company, and Dog, it's gonna be stuff like when if you ever came in the lights was off in the studio, Well no, you ain't. Never came to studio lights lf. We always had a place to record. We always had a camera people, We always had a camera person. We had stuff that that needed to happen, and it was my responsibility to make it happen. That stuff come with a cost. Hell yeah, it comes with a cost. And people don't understand that so you get a dude that's on the outside looking in, and it's opportunities. It's a lot of opportunitists out there. It's always a nigga looking to slide up under you and get in. And they assume that they know your business model when they come in, because I get set up there and listen to a cat tell me what my business model was and how got niggas under fucked up contracts. First of all, everybody that signed the digital soapbox on their own show, I don't own nobody show. The only show I have ownership in is the Gangster Chronicles podcast. The Gangster Chronicles podcast. I make fifteen to twenty percent off of every show. If we sell advertising based on that I don't own, they show they can really go and walk. I've never enforced the contract on somebody, but it's always the person that wants to try to get in, and he's in everybody else's ear. He's a cancer. Those people become cancers right because they gonna go tell anybody that would listen to him, well, man, you know he doing this. You know he picked up a million dollars for this. You know he picked up five hundred thousand for that, But then what.
Speaker 4: What is what is what is the end game for that? Like, you know, so what does what does this? What does this individual want to see happen? They want to see you fall, they want to see you destroyed, they want to see you does it? Is it gonna make them more satisfied that you can't feed the family, or that you're broke, or that nobody fucks with you? Is that that's I just don't be understanding what game like, like, what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: What do you want to happen?
Speaker 2: You know what? Man?
Speaker 1: What the fuck do you want to happen?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What do you want me?
Speaker 2: Do you want you? You want you?
Speaker 4: You're not gonna be satisfied until what until what I'm laying in the gutter, dead and broke or something with that satisfy you?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Is Man, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure it out to you. You know what. I believe, Hey, I believe that people take situations like we just had a major situation with one of our co hosts. You knew I didn't want to let do go. I didn't want to let him go, But it's business, man. Business always supersedes any relationship, right, it has to because guess what if I don't handle business, we won't be able to pay our bills.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to let I didn't want to be let go from Sony, but they canceled my contract. I didn't want my deal from Big Beat to go. When I had a production deal nine albums. This was like though, they was like shit, no, no fucking you know, it.
Speaker 1: Was hey, thank you and good luck.
Speaker 2: You know what. But the thing is with this.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that that's the attitude that the individual's supposed to have. I'm not saying that a motherfucker's supposed to be comfortable or not comfortable with it. But then and I'm just saying, what happens after this shit you get me? Do we concentrate on just trying to destroy your motherfucker? Or do we get on up and go get it cracking?
Speaker 2: And they that's where most people feel at because I've been go from situations.
Speaker 4: Don't get it cracking by just coming at me all the fucking time.
Speaker 1: You get me?
Speaker 4: Oh, but that's the model it like it should be like, you know, when I didn't when I lost the record deal, I had to go find me another record deal, or I started putting out my shit independently.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: I had a little animosity toward the labels, But at the end of the day, I can't sit here and keep being fucking pissed off because a nigga dropped me. I gotta go make me another record somewhere. You have to go because you know, the funniest thing to me, he last time I had my we had a meeting. You know, we had meetings every other week with black effect. You just start getting them calls and I and I want to clarify this too. A motherfucker could do the same shit to me. I could do some shit and a motherfucker can feel like I'm bad karma for the business.
Speaker 1: Eight thanks for being around.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I made some money. I got myself to another level. I'm gonna spin off now I'm gonna keep it gangster business. I'm gonna keep it gangster and I'm gonna load up the trunks with a k's and I'm finna go at this nigga.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know what's I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know like I'm saying, and I'm not speaking for no side because I ain't got shit to do with it. But at the end of the fucking day, what do we want to happen at the end of the day, Because if we can't talk like fifty year old men and we gotta we gotta go to the fact that we gotta get back on the block with it over business, then I don't know, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, one thing I do want to clarify real quickly, because you know how the internet is, this conversation is not about James McDonald. I actually have a lot of respect for James. I have a ton of respect for him. I don't like the way stuff ended, but it's what it is. Sometimes stuff can't end, you know, happily, you feel what I mean. Sometimes just certain situations just can't be avoided, you know. So, and I held out for the longest. We had conversations. You know, we had conversations about it. I held out as long as I could. But this conversation is about him, So don't go back talking about what they was talking about. You know, this is about this other guy. And the thing is, man me, as you just made a valid point, me as a fifty something year old man, I'm not about to be out there tussling with people. Dog, I'm not about to be out there doing this and doing that because I'm a business man. You know what I do have? Eight, I have an attorney, a high powered attorney that don't mind taking.
Speaker 1: Well who expects but who expects you to be tussling with a nigga?
Speaker 4: You know what that is? That is that? What is that is that what's expected? Is what expects it is for for us to get in on the street and duke it out like what's expected.
Speaker 2: And you know, eight, I'm gonna tell you the irony of it all, bro over something that has nothing to do with you. This dude don't have nothing to do with nothing. He's a guy. Every relationship he's ever had, he's fucked up. Because you know, I do my research. I don't do a lot of talking because the thing is, you're talking about people that don't know me from a can of paint. Technically, we've had a few conversations, and I actually helped him with a lot of stuff, helped him, gave him some assistance, right, even help them come up with some stuff, because you know, and then you sit up and listen to him talk about how intellectual he is but his action since say the total opposite. And I was serious when I see I got kids, that's doing better than this dude. This dude ain't ain't fifty more closer to sixty. I never imagined in a million years, man. I went through the music industry. Man, I was in the music industry for fifteen years eight never had a problem with nobody. I'll start podcasting now. It seemed like I got a problem with niggas. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I mean, we go through that right now in this era. I mean not to say that.
Speaker 4: You know, niggas ain't always had beefs with niggas because of nothing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure there's a lot of niggas I didn't have beefs with. I didn't even know I had beef with. You get me. There's been plenty of niggas who just look at a nigga and y'all, I don't like that nigga, Like, why you don't like him?
Speaker 2: What do you do? You do? Shit?
Speaker 4: I just don't like that nigga. That's the attitude we have a month star seales, especially on the West Coast. I figured out I don't give a fuck, man, that's the attitude we got on the West Coast with niggas, man, and and it ain't like about you know, because a lot of niggas you know, speak on you know, you don't want to see me eat or you don't like my come up, and that it's just and that's not nothing about it, you get me. It's just that niggas start getting genuine hate for motherfuckers when they think your position is better than mom.
Speaker 2: Well you know what it is, Isa, Hey, I'm gonna tell you this, and this is what I tell people. If your whole basis for your comeback is gonna be for you to go make a bunch of episodes about me or make videos about me or whatever like that, right, that's time that you could be spending on doing something productive for you. It's gonna put you on a level. Because I've heard this all the time every time somebody leave over the show is over with this that this is gonna happen. But yeah, it keeps climbing, it keeps growing.
Speaker 4: Right as a people like to see us fall and that we I mean, you know, like I got a homemade who he loves the little show with what's my nigga blue face? Yeah, he loves it. He cannot get it nothing. Now, I'm talking about a fifty year old hood nigga.
Speaker 2: He loves it. You know why, because it's ship every fucking day. It's a it's a fuck, and he loves it. We love that ship, you know what they I told somebody the other day. I don't know. I might have been talking to shout out the spitfire sitting out sitting here kicking it with his dog today. But I was telling somebody the other day, I'm going to make a whole channel just to voter to accidents, train wrecks, falling down the stairs. Because us as people just like get like, we just love some fun. Why they say we get a dope, we get a double men rush Because I'm gonna tell you what happened. I'll be on the freeway headed to the cree man, and you traffic be backed up on both sides of the thing. And then you would get to the end, you realize they ain't even nothing on this side of the road. It's some shit that don't have another side of the road. Look, people stopping to look. Fucking people stopping to look. I never understood that people love train ricks.
Speaker 4: That shit embarrasses me, I turn this shit off. That's I look at shit like that, and I be ready to change the channel because I don't like to see niggas embarrassing themselves.
Speaker 1: It just do something to me.
Speaker 4: But we as a people, us as the niggas, love seeing niggas.
Speaker 1: And some bullshit, man, you get me.
Speaker 4: Or I love to see some bitches jumping on a bitch, or I love to see some niggas you'd all said taking a niggas shit or whatever, like.
Speaker 2: We love that shit.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've actually like and not to cut you off, but to go back to the situation like you were saying, where niggas will tune in and watch, you know, videos being made of bad mouthing and controversy and I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do this. They will watch and watch and applaud that ship as to apparently of why we can't figure out why why why there's a situation and a problem, but we can get more likes and followers and fans and whatever off the controversy and the negativity you give me. You, I don't want to see no positive shit. I don't want to see them niggas be cool or I don't want to see this or that. I want to see niggas dumping on each other or trying to go at it. I want to see them two niggas trying to bite each other heads off, when at the end of the day, both parties got a gang of shit to lose.
Speaker 2: You know, feel me, You just said some god of family.
Speaker 4: My nigga got a family everybody, but but niggas is acting like we like niggas is twenty year old niggas on the block with no kids and no grandkids, and no, I got nothing to lose, Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: You got a whole bunch of stuff. You got it.
Speaker 1: You got to lose the gangst the chronicles.
Speaker 4: My nigga got to lose family and situations, my other nigga, whoever it is, you got shit to lose, don't think that it's it's it's the time and era where you'll be able to pull up and jump out on a nigga or whatever whatever and and and it ain't go to Let me tell you something, I said, it best the hood to take you under for some shit like this. Nowadays, too many cameras, too many look or lose, too many snitches. Nothing gets away with nothing nowadays. I'm telling you, so, why excel the bullshit, my nigga, you got too much to fucking lose, Because I tell a nigga every day I'm trying to be cool with every motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I got too much to lose.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, though, I'm gonna tell you like this, man, we ad you know we it went out to Vegas to shoot this motorcycle thing, right, and it was a good idea. You know this TV show actually, you know what movie stuff. When you produce stuff you don't know where's go crack, you might get a call two years later on it. Right, So it's a major company to just hit us up. And they was asking me about the footage and this and that. Right. So the thing is they asked me about my man, our former co host. I said, yeah, definitely keep him involved. Why would I want to impede on him getting to check the BEI able to take care of his family. I don't operate like that. Again, I'm a businessman. I wanted to say something. Man, to see people do stuff. We think it's cool to just go out and talk. Man. See Cardi B kind of she kind of did something real pivotal man. She won four million dollars in a libel lawsuit against his YouTube chick right the Latasha KII brought because you know the broad women they're talking about, she had herpies and was on drugs and all this, and that she sued the shit out of her. You just can't go out and just drag a motherfucker's name through the mud with a bunch of bullshit, because you know what they that's really you impeding my business. You walked there putting stuff out that's not true. You're talking about. Oh but the company's structures, this and that. This man don't know nothing about me, don't have a clue. He don't even got his own life together. So how're you gonna try to run mind?
Speaker 4: And it's just like I said, I get it from the point of, you know, being emotional and feeling like I had ties or whatever. But like I said, I signed the motherfucker sony for seven years.
Speaker 1: I knew everybody in the building.
Speaker 4: I felt I had ties and love and everything too, and a nigga with whatever ever and no hard feelings.
Speaker 1: But we gotta let you go.
Speaker 2: Me curty hit this bitch over the head three million and punitive damage and attorney's fees.
Speaker 1: I don't even need to sue you. Why.
Speaker 4: I don't want to continue to carry on more shit. Whyon't you just leave me the fucking let you know what though, Man, that's that's my attitude about shit. That's I don't even need it to go to the level of, Oh, you defaming me, you fucking with me. I'm finna get my lawyers and call a lawsuit. Nigga, I'm a nigga from the block. Let's just squash the beef period.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny, It ain't shit that need to be squashed because I'm gonna tell you what this. I don't operate from a premise of emotion. That's why you gonna see me get mad now. I ain't gonna lie this other nigga had me hot kind of because you know, you just on this shit. You had me upset. The situation, the situation where was brought to me between you get me there? What y'all tell me?
Speaker 4: When I was getting ready to start going off, I said, man, don't pay that, and they said, debt that shit. I made one comment about it, and this is mine. I don't care if the other party wants to continue, my piece has been said. So from there, And I get where you coming from because it was the same situation with me. It seemed like every day it was a different motherfucker speaking on this shit. And now this nigga's talking about it, and now this nigg and then it go.
Speaker 2: To this niggas page and this niggas. You know what happened. This niggas, you know what happens. And I actually had to talk to a few people about this. Your phone ring in the morning, Hey man, you see such and such on made a video? Why are you calling me to report this shit? I don't I don't care what he meane, I don't want to know nothing about it because see, hey, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell you I say levity, tell you I say shit like that about females and shit. You know, who are your true friends? You get me because I don't think your true friends want you to be involved in controversy and bullshit. So why is your true friend calling you? Going, Hey man, you saw this shit or you saw this shit? Man, don't bring that shit to my every she likes a reaction. I'm gonna tell you what people will do this, man. People are being intellectually lazy. People don't want to go do the research that it requires to really do content their idea of creating content, or we just go go in here and this motherfuckers and talk about people call this, dude this, call this, do that. But I'm gonna tell you, for every action that you have, man, it's a reaction, and they're all consequences and the need to beat consequences.
Speaker 2: For certain stuff. Now when I talk about consequences, man, I'm not talking about going out there throwing hands with somebody as a grown ass fucking man. I'm talking about legal consequences. You know what, Because let me tell you what's gonna happen. A motherfucker on the corner gonna be filming y'all, and they gonna put you up on Instagram and go look at these two old motherfuckers out here fighting, and they gonna be clowning and laughing and doing all kinds of shit, and they gonna turn it into a comical fest.
Speaker 1: Niggas, don't give.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that. You know, you got to think about it like this.
Speaker 1: Don't give a fuck about nigga.
Speaker 2: Have somebody that wears your last name probably right right. I have people that wear my last name proudly. Man, I'm not trying to embarrass myself. First of all, my mama, my family, and all my true friends that really care about my well being. These are people that have no bearing or significance whatsoever in my life. They get involved in other people's business and affairs because I'm gonna tell you what it comes down to, again, like I said, people being intellectually lazy. Instead of them going to go do some research, going to go buy them some camera equipment and do whatever they do, go do what you do. Leave me to fuck alone. That's all I ask. Leave me to fuck alone. Keep my name out your mouth, and move on with your life. I don't owe you nothing. I don't even know you. And see people that think because they meet you on some business stuff that they know you. And for some reason, man, especially with these older cats, they take it that if you're a gentleman and you are a businessman and you do everything the right way, that you soft something. I am not by any means soft dog. I know, man, they better knock it the fuck off. But I don't even know why.
Speaker 4: See this shit confuses me like it's confused as a mother fight like dudes like you just said, like you know, like nigga think I'm soft. Nigga think I'm soft, and like like what does he want to do? You want to fight?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: What's been said?
Speaker 4: Because this is my thing because for a dude, for somebody to go to that point, like what do you really want to do? You want to get out in the street and do him out? Like, because you're coming at me on the aspect of like you just said, you're thinking I'm soft, which means in actuality you want to get down.
Speaker 2: But why do I want to get out for what?
Speaker 4: Because you want to discredit me behind some business shit that don't.
Speaker 2: Have nothing to do with you, that's the thing? Or what what?
Speaker 4: Okay I'm a punk? Okay, yeah, nigga, you're a punk. You're a bitch ass nigga. You ain't with it. You ain't with it cuz or blood or whatever it is, Okay, cool. I'm also fifty some years old and I'm not finna be in the street duking them out on no aspect of like no, no, no, because it's it's just hood mentality.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 4: I've been there and done that I got another I'm a business now you get me. I got ship to lose, even if it's on the aspect of you know, you wanna what you wanna catch a fade? Okay, and then what we catch a fade and then somebody wins or loses, and then what Now.
Speaker 2: It's like I told you I was gonna whoop that nigga ass and whoop. Okay. But at the end of the day, ain't nothing change. See, I'm gonna tell you what. What's change? I'm gonna tell you the podcast is still here. You're still not gonna you get me? So what the fuck is change? You want to know, a couple of fishes because of your pride.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you got to grow up off of that ship.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you what happens pride man, I'm gonna be real men and move on with the situation.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell me what this This is what happens, right, because I've seen the time and time again. Right, this is this is decision.
Speaker 4: Still you go out and fight a nigga today at the end of the day, still what the chronicles?
Speaker 2: Yes, thing's gonna change, whether you win or lose. What's gonna happen. We're still gonna be on set next week exactly exactly. So, Man, this is the this is but this is the crazy part about it. Eight then I'm off of it. You go out there and you get the best of a nigga right now, his ego was bruised because he don't want to talk cash ship and don't got his head lumped up. Now he wants to come try to shoot your house up.
Speaker 4: And wide you you face aquent because you get your head lumped up and you come back and there's bullet hole somewhere.
Speaker 2: Who the fuck they gonna think did it? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Got listen, nigga's a movie. This ain't eighty five.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: We've all walked these blocks around here as far as trying to represent the hood and be whatever. This ain't eighty five. You do anything, you shit on the block on a corner. Right now, it's gonna be a million niggas with their cameras out filming you shitn't you get me? And tomorrow it's gonna be on social media. You're not getting away with nothing. So if it's about pride shit. Like I said, I don't know. I ain't got nothing to do with it. You know, from whatever the situation is, you address it. My nigga said something about it. Whatever it is, at the end of the day, nothing is going to change against the chronicles still gonna be going on. You gonna be over there doing your thing. My nigga's over there on the other podcast, gonna be doing ay thing. And at the end of the day, it's just gonna be another disgrace of two niggas who who was you know what I'm saying, Two grown ass men who can't come to a settlement or a situation over a misunderstanding or whatever. And for all the outside motherfucking shit, it don't even need to be you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When niggas say let a nigga catch.
Speaker 2: Your head up fade, this is a head up fade.
Speaker 4: This is a head up fade on business between two individuals. All the outside parties, what is the problem?
Speaker 2: You know what though, that's the thing. Hey, this shouldn't be no problem because at the end of the day, this dude has nothing to do with nothing. I'm motherfucker man. You know what's up? With these I think we lived in the era man where some of these guys and I'm really starting to think this, right, I was talking to one of my homeboys I played ball with. He's a psychiatrist, right. He told me that these hyper aggressive older men that sit around barking all the time, they have a lot of latent homosexual tendencies. I don't know, but listen to what I'm saying. It it it It kind of makes sense because when you spend so much my cheese, more and bravado and you just up trying to just challenge everybody, that means you got some stuff that you don't feel good about inside yourself. I'm very comfortable with my own skin. Man. I don't have to prove to a motherfucker. I'm the hardest nigga to walk in the block and doing all that. That's ridiculous, man. You know what's gonna wind up happening. You go wind up, get niggas out there, niggas bags goa be giving out, niggas legs gonna be given out. We old now man, knocking the fuck off.
Speaker 4: I I I, like I said, we we we come from a time. You know, we have disagreements upon motherfuckers, and you know, it's just it's just like it's like people talk so much about us as a people and why we can't never get no recognition or respect or nothing because we do dumb shit. Man, I mean like not and not not calling no nobody dumb. I'm not saying nobody dumb. I'm just sometimes our actions, you know, our actions get in the way of what can.
Speaker 1: Be maturity for us.
Speaker 4: You know, I've never heard a situation within you know, within the white community where you know, this situation arises and next thing you know, you got you know, threats and all that and whatever, you know, and in they situation, they do amicable splits and then it's over and done with. You know, in our situation, it always got to be taken back.
Speaker 2: To the hood.
Speaker 4: You get me. Everything results in the hood nature. You know, Hey, it's unfortunate some other stuff though. Man, we can get off that negative tip. Listen on that last note. We've all came. You get me, and I'm gonna say me you, I'm gonna say damn, I'm gonna say him, look at look at look at what you came through.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You give me, and I'm gonna put this in the motherfucking picture form of nigga. You came in as a motherfucking you know Vietnam. You'll recruit your young motherfucker. You're seventeen, you joined the hood. You going through all the bob wire and mud, and you know how niggas be under there, crawling up the road and went through all that shit.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 4: It's some niggas who don't even make it. You give me, you know, watch their homies die. You donet seen niggas a wall. You done went through all that trench and made it to the other side, been through wars, been through motherfucking niggas getting they legs cut off and arms, and you done been through all that, made it to the other side. You clean right now, And you mean to tell me you want to keep crawling through that shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that shit, man, you got.
Speaker 4: You gotta be you gotta be amazed at what we've came through to get to this motherfucking anyway.
Speaker 2: If you from.
Speaker 4: Compton or South central LA, watch Long Beach or the outside of Cleveland, god damn man, if you don't crawl through that motherfucking mud, and you sitting up right now doing.
Speaker 2: A fucking podcast.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, you gotta be appreciated of what you come through. You cannot want to lose where you at for nothing. I'm gonna tell you something like I see it. I worked extremely hard, man. I came out here to California in nineteen eighty eight. I had fifty dollars in my pocket, man, and two bags. And one of the bags got stolen when I was in Vegas because the flight I took was some Cleveland to Vegas. Because remember they used to sell them voltures in the newspapers, the flight vouxtures.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: They sealed flight flight voxers. So I got me a flight. If ought your one way ticket, dog to Vegas. That's all he had. Yeah, she said, I don't got no more la ones. I got to Vegas. I go to Vegas. Man, I turned my back for them to call my mama. A nigga done stole my bag. So I come out here with three T shirts, my nigga and two pier pins. I get to the bus station the lone beach Dog. All I do is so I walk to Long Beach City College. Because I'm a younger nigga from out of town. I don't know So I'm walking down Phs at two o'clock in the morning, two thirty in the morning, passing all the hull bows, gang bangers and prostitutes, and I'm smiling like a motherfucker eight because I'm a seventeen year old nigga that just came out here from Ohio. I'm like, I'm in California now, and I go to the Athletic Department, Dog and sit on the stairs until the sun rises the next day. Dog, I never look back. It's been beautiful. Coming to California changed my life, my nigga, it changed my life. If I was in Cleveland. If I would have got stuck in Cleveland, ain't no telling what the hell I'd be doing. Dog, I'm pretty sure I would be locked up. Dog been out there selling dope with the homies and doing everything else is guess what when I left four years later, everybody I fucked with cockcases.
Speaker 4: Man, you just you gotta be proud about where you what you've accomplished. If you can, if you can wake up in twenty twenty three and just roll over out of bed, roll a blunt and just stand there and like I said, if you from Compton or East Cleveland, watch Long Beach.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You know what it was, man, and if you hear right now, you gotta be proud about that. And you don't want to jyp And like I said, I ain't discredited in nobody because if in my eyes, if you went through all of that, whether you was, whether you was the shooter or the rider, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: If you came.
Speaker 4: Through all of that, you gotta be proud about what you've accomplished to be able to be standing here right there today. Nobody's questioning your o genus, your hardness because to me, man, everybody og coming through that shit. If you if you was one of the eighties niggas or seventies niggas and you in nineties niggas and you came through it and you standing here right now, than applause to you don't jeopardize that shit for nothing. Nobody questioning your hood, rep or what hardness or whatever it is. But we gotta be able to be able to We gotta be able to be more understanding and different situations.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Everything cannot result to going back to the block shit because you don't already made it from there and nobody questioning your affiliation or or what you claim. And I'm talking about any nigga who listening to this, But we gotta learn how to start dealing with difference because we already got enough for the young beg's popping like it ain't shit. You get me, They're already taking niggas out left and right like it ain't shit. We already trying to save the motherfucking rest of the neighborhoods from faltering and falling down because my young niggas out here is really on it. So if you've been an old nigga and you done came through this shit, let's let's deal with shit in a different situation than just having to result of I'm gonna blow a nigger ahead off or fuck that nigga. Like, come on, man, we're fifty sixty and I've always fifty sixty.
Speaker 1: That's all. I ain't talking no more about it.
Speaker 2: I've always been I've always been very clear. I am not no gang banger, never have been one. I got plenty of homies to do, you know that, yeah, where they're from, but I've never I've made a conscious decision or not to participate none of that stuff, right, because like you said, man, where we come from, Man, opportunities are few and slim, damn right, and I'm one of the dudes that made it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I got to get the college education based on me being able to play football, right. Got a family dog. All my kids are doing extremely well. Man. My daughter is nineteen and got her own business dog. Got her own business dog. That's incredible to me. Got a son that's a fireman. Got a son in the NFL. Dog. All of that stuff is stuff that you dream of. Dog. I'm not tricking myself out of position for none of y'all niggas for nothing, for not none of y'all. Go find somebody else that like to like to play them games, you know what I mean? You know, I was wondering, Man, what's going on today? Man? With the kids? Man? They masterly. Man. I heard a little UZI don't change his name of Lauren or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't speak on anything involving the letter gang man because it Oh, no, they'll be, they'll be, they'll be outside man, own us man, real talk.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I will say this, Let's get I just go Preferences.
Speaker 4: People have preferences and and you know, now you got peep shit tight people doing shit for.
Speaker 1: More likes, followers, and more popularity.
Speaker 4: You know, I just don't know because this ain't my generation, so I can't speak on what the decisions are that these young females and these young men are making to make them, you know, do certain things. Just like everybody was speaking on Doja Cat with the tattoo because they're saying it's demonic. Everybody's going to demonic route and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, I just I don't know. I don't know what you know, freedom of speech, and I don't know the you know, their artists and their artistic vision is taking them to other places. Man, I just wrapped you, feel me. I just spoke on the neighborhood and the oppression of the neighborhood and as a young black youth being a normal kid growing up in the hood, seeing the pitfalls and down shit of growing up in the place like Compton, California. Not you know, but to me still was the beautifulest motherfucking place in the world. You give me you, nigga. We had everything, carnivals and motherfucking picnics and family. Little get togethers and low riders and motherfucking pretty ass girls and hard niggas and you know, crooked cops and fucking big time drug dealers and shit, man, we had it all in Compton.
Speaker 2: Compton was a movie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So but I can't speak on You know, that was my normal tea growing up as a kid. You get me waking up motherfucking watching super Friends on Saturday, or going outside riding up and down the street with the homies on our beach cruisers, or you know, going to fuck with little girls and shit at the mall. And shit, I don't know the way these young motherfuckers are coming up today. What are they seeing and what are they visiting as artists? Are they artists?
Speaker 2: Vic?
Speaker 4: Like I said, the artistic vision, And you know I want to I want to be this person today. But tomorrow I want to go put on a motherfucking space suit and walk around, you know, the mall and be like this is the latest fashion. And then tomorrow I'm gonna go, you know, be.
Speaker 2: Half naked with which I don't know where they get that ship from. I don't think that shit comes. I'm gonna tell you think that ship comes from normal Saturday morning cartoons and and fucking you know, having fun with your cousins and bike riding. I don't know where that ship. I'm gonna tell you something because you just made a point earlier. The LGBT community is very strong and got a lot of power. We actually just signed one of our first LGBT shows to eat my Taco Show. Okay, Homegirl, Geominny and Squishy. We will have they off the hook. We will have them on here one day just to come and talk some shit.
Speaker 1: They exactly we get.
Speaker 2: So my Homegirl told me something that was real profound. She said, it's a thing right now since the LGBT community does have such a big presence, it's a lot of people now that's acting like they gay. It's not really gay. The the the the Wolf, Vicki Chicks. She said that she think Little nas X not gay. Mm And so it's a lot of people just doing stuff for lights and it it all comes down to clicks and likes because people want to feel validated nowadays. So if it takes a dude to go out, they could be straight as the motherfucking they. They could be straight as a arrow, come out and say he gave to get some attention. That's what people are doing now, I think, or they flirting with the idea or whatever you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We just frowned upon shit differently as me as a kid. Not to say, you know, to each his own, you do what the fuck you wanna do. But I just come from a different time, you know what I'm saying. My mom grew up, you know, from Guffport, Mississippi. My father was from Tampa Bay, Florida. I grew up a normal kid. You get me, salt or. I don't know what what makes or turns or what you know happens, but I consider myself. But they all turned around and say they grew up normal. You get me a motherfucker who want to be demonic or wear certain shit or say certain shit. They'll claim they grew up normal. My parents was this and I was a normal kid. So you never know what transition, what turns to what make a motherfucker really do? What the fuck do they do? Is it for attention? Is it to gather more fans? Is it for publicity? I mean, because there's motherfuckers who are told doing certain shit could get you to another level. You'll give mom saying you do this. Man, I'm telling you, you're gonna have the whole world looking at you if you do this. You know when some people.
Speaker 2: Feed off of that shit you give me.
Speaker 4: Oh I can have I can have ten more million fans if I dress up like a crazy motherfucker and do this and do that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Because in our business still no publicity is bad publicity yep.
Speaker 2: And social currency actually is more valuable the money now looked at it like money. If you ask the average kid today would they rather have two hundred thousand dollars or twenty million followers? I guarantee you more than half of them will say, give me the twenty million followers. I mean, you go say, hey, give us the money, give us the fuck about it. I've always been that.
Speaker 4: I've always you know, I've been rapping for a long time, done a couple of movies, video games, whatever. I've always considered myself to be an artist who was direct and in tune with what I spoke about. But let's face it, there have been artists who have had triple more success than I've had.
Speaker 1: I'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we think about, hey, how many records you don't sold though.
Speaker 1: Who knows? Man over twenty million records.
Speaker 2: Over to that. That's not no, that's not no easy feat. Dog, You've got a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Of I've always been comfortable with being who I am. I was talking to a nigga the other day and telling them, you know, there's certain dudes who come into this business and they go, I needed my fucking hit, I need a hit.
Speaker 1: I've never.
Speaker 4: I've never went into the studio and said I need to do this.
Speaker 2: Nigga.
Speaker 4: Put on the beat and I write what come to my brain? Do I look to see if it's gonna get me to performing at the Grammy status. I don't chase that. So I am more comfortable just being the person I am than trying to chase fame. You get me, you can just give me the paycheck and I'm good. I do my job and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: I mean, you talked about that kind of last night when you see it punching them. The homies from TDE had reached out to you to do the thing with Kendrick, and you was like, I didn't ask them for no money or not. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I I never uh shout out to my nigga, uh, Top and Punch Tde. When I went to do the song, I never expected any money. I I didn't. I didn't go, oh, well, shit, uh, how much am I gonna be paid?
Speaker 1: Or or uh.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they gonna try to cash me out. I went on the aspect of it was after math, it was Tde, it was Kendrick. That's what I went and did the song for. I think I got to check a couple of months later. Did not expect the motherfucker at all because I did it off of just general purposes of Oh, them niggas recognize me, they want me to be on the motherfucker record. Oh shit, man, please let's go.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many people would have tricked that opportunity off and as soon as they'd have got there been asking how much nigga get paid and fucked up a relationship.
Speaker 4: I don't do shit like that, especially when I know it's it's of a certain level. I mean, like I said, all you had to do was say Dre and Punch and Top and Kendrick, and I was like, yeah, we'll tell y'all want me at the studio, and that was it. I never in the back of my mind hit a nigga, and it was like, am I gonna get paid even when I mean cause you know it's you know, niggas work like, oh you fucking with Drake? Oh nigga, I need like thirty thousand or WOOTI wom it was dever I like I said, I do shit, man, just man, fuck it. It was a It was a motherfucking I just chalk it up as an experience of doing something for motherfuckers that I was appreciative that the motherfucker hit me. They could have hit a ganger, They could have hit a gang of niggas.
Speaker 2: Give me shit.
Speaker 1: Drake could have got on it himself. Motherfucker.
Speaker 4: You got Wren, you got Quick, you got motherfucking yg you got Tiger, You got a couple of niggas who playing Compton, who have significant rap careers, who they could have easily been like, man, let's go.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? That is a real hip hop He had dough Dog. It didn't surprised me when he hits you what dog DoD is a real like hip hop dude. He studies his history and stuff. But was he he was in the studio when did Yeah, definitely he was there. So I mean, like I said, some people chase fame in our day and eight. Now it's all about the popularity of the camera and the click. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The more controversial shit you put out there, the more follows, the more likes, the more shit you get, the more you go viral.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. Nowadays. I've never gave a fuck about this shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was one of those late blooming niggas. I really didn't like the Internet. I didn't really like digital I didn't really like streaming, none of that, because I was an old school nigga. It's very you know, it's very useful, very successful. You adapt with the times. But I'm still in the same position.
Speaker 2: In need of us say that you're probably making more money now than he was, scientist, I God damn right. But that's just the way it is, you know.
Speaker 4: But I'm fortunate enough that I've been able to come through this time and adapt with the times and social media and the Internet and streaming and all that. But still I'm still the same type of nigga. I don't give a fuck about the fame.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what one thing I want to do, man, because we was gonna start talking about music a lot more on the show before we get up out of here. Yeah, have you heard that new DJ Quick record? Yeah? I heard class that motherfucker. It's banging. I was banging like a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I really liked it when it first came out. I heard it, so it was a new sound for me for Quick. Yeah, it was a new sound, so it kind.
Speaker 2: Of threw me off at first, But the more I listened to it, I would in the truck and took a ride. I said, this motherfucker is hard, definitely, and Quick is very underrated as an MC. Talk about this production all the time.
Speaker 4: Everybody you know rates production high. You know, there's a lot of us who feel like we don't get the recognition that we should as artists. Shit, I've been rapping what since motherfucking eighty eight, and all my records have been distinctive and been about, you know, the neighborhood and Compton and the uplift lifting and whatever whatever. But a lot of us don't get that recognition that we feel we deserve. Some of us don't give a fuck, but at some point, you know, some people want to be recognized as contributing Quick as one of them.
Speaker 2: And so I think you are.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't give a fuck, man, I don't give me a flower or you can give me a motherfucking blunt, whatever it is. Man, I don't look for it, you know. I just appreciate that. Motherfuckers steal. Motherfuckers know what I've done, and I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm cool with that. You and Quick did a record before I.
Speaker 4: Did a couple of records on the Rosecranz project shout out the problem and Quick, Yeah, we've we've done a couple of songs together.
Speaker 2: We definitely need to get Quick up in here to sit down, doog. Yeah, we should asking humbly that you come on the show and bless us with your presents. Dog.
Speaker 1: I got a single drop in April twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you know before we go, I want to talk about your album joints on that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I got a record call Lessons Finn come out May fifth, uh and and let me get let me just clarify this. I don't try to use the podcast platform to promote music, and I tell you to do it all the time. I still tell me all time to do it. I don't like to do it because you know, Gangst the Chronicles is Gangst the Chronicles. But you know, Yeah, we got a record coming out May fifth. It's called Lessons Part two. It's got a couple of features on it, you know, Dave's DJ Premier, DJ Muggs E forty. The single is dropping on the twenty eighth of April. It's called the Paper feature in Domino. You know, if you ain't heard of Domino, he's the here we go, you know, he ain't been around for a while for a while, so or we're trying to bring Dingle. Yeah, I'm dropping that as the first single.
Speaker 2: And you got the bang of that song with E forty on that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm just working, you know, that's what we do. I'm I'm one of them dudes. Man, I'm I'm how many job you got? I got jobs?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: So I'm trying. I still got the music going, We're doing the podcast. My son is getting ready to go to college. So I'm doing it all man, just to stay active. I appreciate everybody tuning in, you know, So let's just have fun and let's keep it going, hey, I'll stay safe out there, man, and just watch yourselves when do listens Drop Lessons Part two, Drops made the fifth Sinko d Mayo single Demyo.
Speaker 2: We gonna have a link up in were gonna have a link up in there form for sure. I just want to ask you one more question because when we was, when you was in the back in the warehouse playing the record for me, you and Dave East both came off on that motherfucker's.
Speaker 4: On Dog Davies. That's my nigga. Shout out Davies. Like I said, there's a beast. There's a lot of dudes in this industry that you know, you meet and you come across niggas really genuinely have love for you. You know you can hit them up with no hesitation, you know. Uh to me, that's uh scarface as DJ Premier Davies is one of them. DJ Muggs is one of them. You know, be Real is one of them. Exhibit is one of them niggas that I could just hit like off of GP be like, what's up? Two seconds? What's up?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: So shout out talking.
Speaker 2: Now you did something with Bishop and with glasses too, right.
Speaker 4: I got a song with Glasses on the new album, and I did a song with Bishop.
Speaker 1: We still mixing that around.
Speaker 4: We're probably gonna say that for the next project, but definitely. Man, Like I said, you run across dudes, you know, and I get it. Some dudes they gotta charge you and you know whatever, whatever. But there's a lot of dudes I've met over the course of my journey who I got respect for, who they have respect back. And that's how shit gets accomplished, man.
Speaker 2: As is. We don't been siting uping this muff for the running their mouth for a minute. Man. Yeah, so we out of here, man, make sure you like, subscribe, rate, do all that good shit, all right, and we're gonna Oh and before I go, if you in the LANDA this week, come and holler at me at the Black Effect Podcast Festival. I will be out there in the house. I'm coming to the A. All right, come fuck with you, boy, Jim.
Speaker 3: Like Pinocchio, We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing.
Speaker 2: Well. That concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangster Chronicles podcast for Apple users. Find a purple Micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcast of Norman Steele, James MacDonald, Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from my Heart Ready, you'll visit the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts Wherever you're listening to your podcasts