Speaker 1: Awkward call.
Speaker 2: Call is kind of a slower, easier first practice of the Did it feel that way or did you like.
Speaker 1: To temple up? Uh? Tempo was great? Definitely was Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, the league is getting better at acclimating guys into the into the season, and also you know there's a highest chance of injury the first two weeks of the season, so it's uh, it's good to you know, get guys going, but you know, do it safely.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think they do a good job here of that. We have a good plan.
Speaker 3: Kyle and uh Ben and the dust and the medical staff come up with a good plan, and you know, I think it's beneficial for us.
Speaker 1: Has that gotten better every year you've been in the league?
Speaker 4: Any re ever the situation where you got worn down, like right away where you where's moll school? Where it really be any?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, definitely in the league has changed a little bit since I've been uh here, but I think it's changed for the better.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's uh definitely used to be a little rougher, uh, especially first day training camp. I remember being a little rougher than uh than today was. But I think it's for the better of the players, and and uh the longevity of our season. You know, we're we're uh, we don't need to win a game today. We need to be able to win games, you know when the season starts.
Speaker 4: Who likes to get after it? How does he do with the back up bas?
Speaker 3: Uh A little mixed, but now he does a great job. Uh even even uh coach Chris has calmed down throughout the years. Having a daughter has mellowed him out. So uh, you know, we have some some former you know, Tap used to play for him in Detroit and uh Alex Barrett was there with him in Detroit as well too, So they tell us the stories of uh a little bit younger Chris.
Speaker 1: Uh, he wasn't as mellow.
Speaker 3: So you consider him as mellow uh now that I know him, Yeah, you know, I I've been around him a long time. So he's just really passionate, you know, and and that that passion shows, you know, in in in uh him, you know, being passionate about the game and being passionate about uh his players, So it always comes out, but it's it's pretty mellow, you know. I I know him now, I know when he's uh, when he's saying certain stuff to you know, get a certain reaction, so it's uh, it's good being around him and being coach bib.
Speaker 1: Though you mentioned being here.
Speaker 2: For a while, you're for the longest longest ten years nine or on the team now a nine years in What what does that mean to you?
Speaker 1: Does it? Does it feel like it's called fast? Slow? What? What like?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mixed? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I feel like it flew by sometimes, you know, looking back at uh when I first started, that seems like a long time ago. A lot has changed, you know since I've been here. So but nah, it's been it's been amazing, super blessed to uh be here my entire career and uh not really have to get to know another place and uh be at a you know, top class organization that have been this long. A lot of people wouldn't have thought I would be here this long, but I'm here, So it's been.
Speaker 1: Nuh it's been good.
Speaker 2: Not a good ahead of yourself. But ten years would be next year. There's a wall for for that. What is that something that you uh that CHU strive for?
Speaker 1: No, that would be awesome.
Speaker 3: You know, being uh one place for ten years I think is uh hard to do and not a lot of people do it for a number of reasons. You know, you have to be good obviously, and things have to work out, you know, from a from a football standpoint, and and a whole bunch of other scenarios. So yeah, but you know, if I was able to achieve that, that would definitely be a good thing that a lot of guys aren't able to do.
Speaker 5: YEA lay next to a lot of different guys O over those nine season, does Hargrave remind you of any any one of those uh, of those X teammates?
Speaker 1: Mm? Nah. I think he's pretty unique in the sense.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've had some guys more of his stature, but I think he's a pretty unique player, uh, with his stature and his pastor's ability as well too. I think we've had some explosive, strong uh guys uh, which he is, but like a complete full player like like he is, It's is pretty unique.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: You guys have had a very big team for a couple of years now obviously, uh, but s objective, But when you look at this roster, it seems like, I maybe this is the most loaded you guys have ever been.
Speaker 1: You share that since you have had since Lockery Like man, this might be our best chance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, at the start of the season, they always say, you know, everybody has a chance to win a Super Bowl, and uh, I would say, there's you know, about six to eight teams that have a better chance than others that have a legit chance, and I think, you know, we're definitely one of those teams. And we have a a great group of talent, we have a great culture, great coaching, So we definitely have a opportunity.
Speaker 1: And that's all you can.
Speaker 3: Ask for at the beginning of the season, and uh, as the seasons progresses, the opportunity to achieve that ultimate goal, which is winning the Super Bowl. So we definitely have the team that is capable of it, and we definitely have the opportunity. Now it's on us to get to work and you know, do everything we can to try to seize it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who are you talking about your culture?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You guys do have a good culture.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of new faces in your d line room.
Speaker 6: Do you feel the need to.
Speaker 2: Verbalize speed at which you guys practice and your guess culture to the new guys in the room.
Speaker 3: No, not necessarily. I mean I'm not the coach. Uh, Chris does a great job of when well, Chris doesn't bring in guys that he feel like can't you know, play the way he wants anyway.
Speaker 1: So as far as my role is.
Speaker 3: Just to to uh be the best I can, you know, try to use my knowledge to help uh other guys. And you know, we we have a great culture. But you know, I wouldn't say I'm the most who rah rah. Guy Nick isn't either, And you know, we c we can lead by example and uh, you know, show the way it's done, you know, without necessarily having to to get on guys or or anything like that. It's been good, you know, playing with all these different groups throughout these years, it's been a lot of fun. And right now starting that journey of building that camaraderie together. You know, guys are new and they're still figuring each other out. And uh, the more we practice and the more replay, it's gonna be fun to to get to know each other and go out on the field and play for one another.
Speaker 2: Seeing Terrence Mitchell join the team with a segrament of kidding.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, I was super excited.
Speaker 3: Uh I was here when he he worked out uh for the team. Uh, a couple months ago, I believe, and he told me I had an opportunity to to sign with us during training camp, and uh, you know, I was really hoping that that happened and did happen. And you know, I love seeing guys where I'm from being successful and you know, played with him. I've known team has probably since sixth grade, played with him at Oregon and you know, now being on the same team in the NFL, is is is uh pretty special and pretty cool?
Speaker 5: Or civil war with coach Wilkes with coach homes sold what what sends out?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, just getting go, just get going with coach Wilks, So uh don't have too many observations on that one.
Speaker 1: You know, Coach Willis is a great coach.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to take on this journey with him. You know Slent de Miko, We're We're two different personalities but with similar messaging, I would say, but doesn't change much of you know, how we practice and how we play, you know, d how how defense is meant to be played.
Speaker 2: Has been involved in your positional group chat throughout his I guess being away to group.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, n you know Nick always keeps in uh contact with with his guys, and yeah, so we we've been in contact. That being he's doing great and he's always doing good trading. I'm sure probably gonna wait room.
Speaker 2: Not worry about any of this future of what does.
Speaker 1: He even talk about that at all? Or Nah?
Speaker 3: I mean, I I think Nick has told everyone, you know, he knows what he did on the field, and he knows how valuable of a player he is, and he knows he'll be he'll be compensated for it. So I don't think he has a a word in his mind. And uh, I don't think we're we're here worried either.
Speaker 1: You know, the.
Speaker 3: Niners have a great track record of of taking care of uh people who who uh do things the right way and are exceptional, exceptional players, And I'm sure that'll get taken care of too.
Speaker 1: Definitely deserves it.
Speaker 6: Rum good you cared about Four seasons have ended in kind of heartbreak and fashion. How long does it take you to like digest the end of the season like that and then you know, struggle withing a end and and carrying out you know, for the next season, and and try.
Speaker 1: And agree with uh probably three weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when uh you lose you kind of in limbo, especially, you know, we lose some of that when you lose we not going to the playoffs, Like, alright, I can play him off season. I'm gonna go and bake. But when you go to the playoffs, you never know when it's gonna be over. So you never know until you know that last game and then so you're kind of in limbo for a little bit, like dang, what do we do now?
Speaker 1: Uh? Do I start training? Like, dang, it's just over with.
Speaker 3: So that takes a couple of weeks and then you you, you know, flush it and then start the journey. You know, OTA's and all that stuff starts quick, so you can't be thinking about it too long. You gotta start training and start getting ready for the next season.
Speaker 1: N Uh.
Speaker 4: Nick, You mentioned Nick not being really a row rock guy, and you seem pretty measured and about the way you go about things. Jamon Hardgrave is a pretty humble, low key guy. Is there a stirred up presence on defensive life?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think our stirred up presence is how we play. You know, I don't think I don't think guys wanna mess with us, So alright, I think that's our stirred up presence