Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Chipotle has announced that it plans to open a restaurant in Mexico next year. Meanwhile, the Olive Garden in Italy was just burned to the ground. Is sonata basta?
Speaker 3: I haven't eaten at the OG in a long time. I should take the kids see what they think of it.
Speaker 1: George w. Bush was striding the halls of the White House. I believe last time I was in an olive garden, you're still good of that level. Food is like anything else.
Speaker 3: And what's the name of that those kind of restaurants Olive Garden, Red Robin, Applebee's, What's Fast Casual maybe something like that. They're all about the same but the same price, but same taste no matter what.
Speaker 1: It is a shocking number of calories for a surprisingly reasonable price, right right, yeah, yeah, coming up. The House actually did something yesterday, Jack, which is odd or this week anyway, as the House of Representatives Congress, the Article one branch of the Constitution does nothing anymore. As I pointed out, last, or they're like the Queen of England. They have purely ceremonial duties. Anyway, more on that to come a shocking number of calories, is right. I was thinking about the salad at someplace like that the other day, Applebee's something like that. The salad was like twenty two hundred calories. It's just insane. That's something, you know. It's partly age, I think, in partly a self recognition and on my part that I have no self control. But I've gone from really pleased that a restaurant gives me ridiculous portions because I'm getting my money's worth, to being really pleased when they don't.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever enjoyed the giant portion. It's like, why is this so big? I think every time they said it in front of me, I've gotten better at especially if it's just Henry and me, we order something and cut it in half. First of all, it costs half as much to eat, and secondly we both get stuffed eating is half of.
Speaker 1: What they sent us. I am a fan of the First Amendment, as anybody who listens to this show knows, beyond a shadow of doubtfit I would like to see government restrictions on the serving size of French fries. Oh my god, how many French fries are enough? Like Red Robin, which I think has the best French fries around. I love their French fries. They're good, aren't they, Michael, They're delicious.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, those are good French fries. But they have bottomless French fries. So the consonant you, what do you want more? You want us to bring you another bucket of French fries?
Speaker 1: Oh? The frea. Oh and I love him. I love him so much. If you know I'm going to be executed finally for all of my crimes, my last meal might just be French fries. That's funny, Henry.
Speaker 3: Henry and I had that penciple is a food. We got into that last night walking home from the gym. For some reason. Henry hit me with if if you're going to be executed, what would be last meal? And of course I had to go with the caveat of well, I think I'd be so remorseful over the horrifying crime that committed. He said, you were unjustly accused, You're wrongfully accused.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a clever dodge by your boy. What a fine lad he is. Anyway, did you settle on something?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, some sort of fried chicken, gravy mashed potato sort of thing for me.
Speaker 1: Wow, good call, very good call. Sorry about your unjust execution, but excellent choice that meal. So you may recall we talked about this.
Speaker 3: I'll just put the complete failure of the justicism aside and enjoy this meal. And indeed the most urious an irrevocable sanction a government can lay upon a citizen administered unjustly. On the other hand, that meal was finger licking. So anyway way, you win some, you lose some.
Speaker 1: You may recall us discussing the wayward wisconstant judge who aided and embedded the escape of a felon, Yes, a felon, I will explain in a moment or two. John Roberts and Pam Bondi, the Attorney General, were discussing the case on Fox News. And this is as good a play by play as we've come across. So here it is.
Speaker 4: So let me read a little bit from the criminal complaint here, and Judge Dugan says, despite having been advised of the administrative warrant for the arrest of Flores Ruiz. Judge Dugan then escorted Flores Ruiz and his counsel out of the courtroom through the jury door, which leads to a non public area of the courthouse.
Speaker 1: A foot chase ensued.
Speaker 4: The agents pursued Flora's Ruiz for the entire link to the courthouse, and ultimately apprehended him. According to this complaint, Judge Jiggin was visibly angry that Ice was there to arrest Flores Ruiz even tried to kick the deportation agents out of the courthouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and to set the stage for you and Sandra that this was truly horrific. This guy was in court being prosecuted by a state prosecutor for domestic violence battery. He had beat up two people, a guy.
Speaker 1: And a girl.
Speaker 5: Beat the guy, the hif guy thirty times, knocked him to the ground, choked him, beat up a woman so badly they both had to go to the hospital. And John, you know, it's so rare for victims to want to cooperate. They wanted to cooperate. They were sitting in the courtroom with the state prosecutor. The judge learns that Ice was outside to get the guy because he had been deported in twenty thirteen, came back in our country, commits these crimes. Charged with committing these crimes. Victims in court. Judge finds out. She goes out in the hallway, screams at the immigration officers. She's furious, visibly shaken, upset, sends them off to talk to the chief judge. She comes back in the courtroom. Here canna believe this, takes the defendant, the defense attorney back in her chambers, takes him out of private exit, and tells him to leave while a state prosecutor and victims of domestic violence are sitting in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: You know, we were talking last hour about how Trump overreached on some of these kicking people out of the country and you know, did more harm than good. The Democrats are really overreaching, unsupporting this person.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and several others. Yeah, yeah, I know what we'll do. We'll stand up for illegal alien gang member felons. That's the ticket back to power. How about the judge visibly shaken? Yeah, because I showed up. You're nut. You should not be a judge. You have bad judgment. Yeah, she's an ideological extremist. No, doubt Interestingly, I was reading Andy McCarthy in the National Review. He's a legal expert who we've talked to many times, but he says prosecuting her could be tougher than you think for various constitutional reasons. She has a pretty good defense. But from a strictly politics running a society, how crazy are these people angle? She is way overboard.
Speaker 3: Here is a guy who is not only a gang member, a woman beater, beat up BA Jesus out of a fella over a stupid domestic concern.
Speaker 1: He is an illegal immigrant who has and I don't have the legal code in front of me, and it's odd this article admits it. But he had the immediate deportation without a hearing ruling on him having snuck in, committed crimes, gotten booted out, snuck in again. He had the if you see this guy put his ass on.
Speaker 3: A plane and get rid of him, you don't have to ask a judge ruling. And this guy's back in court for victimizing more people, and this judge is so outraged, maybe for reasons of state jurisdiction versus the federal government, blah blah blah. I've been reading about it, but I've filed a writ of circus Maximus Jack, and I don't believe that defense is going to hold up. I'm still waiting for the paperwork to come back.
Speaker 1: But the idea that you would usher this guy out practically a fire escape. Not just tell the marshals, no, we don't cooperate with the federal authorities. You can't use the state's you know, mechanisms to do federal stuff. That's not the way the constitution works.
Speaker 3: No, she personally ushered this guy out, like into the parking lot so we could make a run for it.
Speaker 1: Holy cow.
Speaker 3: Trumped arrangement syndrome is an actual thing on both sides, actually, but it's an actual thing.
Speaker 1: It makes people crazy. Yeah yeah, and you know there's a certain percentage of people who suffer from Trump I'm in love syndrome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was applying the same term to both sides. You're deranged, You're overlooking some obvious things either way, but that's you're shaking. You're so upset that this guy's going to get booted out.
Speaker 1: Really yeah yeah, well, certainly this gal is going to be booted out of the judge ship. There are a couple of similar cases back in the day in various very blue cities where judges did something similar. And again, the proven the criminal charges is kind of fraught for reasons I don't want to get into. It's a little complicated, but they certainly ought not to be a judge. Absolutely outrageous and idiotic. Yeah, that's probably enough Trump talk for now. But the poll number. Can you imagine the poll numbers if you're just a very simple and neutral description of the facts of the case and then put it before Americans, Oh please, it'd be ninety five to five. So that five percent are probably trendy IRAGUA members.
Speaker 3: So CNN's headline on one of the big stories of the day, economic growth sharply declines. Is it sharply declined? It's it's shrinking. Our GDP actually sharply shrunker point three percent. I guess if we were cruising along at growth of whatever, it was two and a half percent. That's a three percent drop any good, almost three percent.
Speaker 1: That's brutal. Ultra processed foods may be linked to early death. Speaking of your dietary choices, I'm telling you I don't go for food crazes, not pro not con I don't have a pantry full of keen.
Speaker 3: I don't meant anything smaller than my fist, or anything that a caveman wouldn't beaten, or all kinds of different rules I have because I follow every diet.
Speaker 1: I don't really, but I'm telling you the the evidence is really starting to pile up about ultra processed foods. Stay with us.
Speaker 3: It's not hard to believe that if it's in a sealed plastic sack and it could stay perfectly okay for like nine years in that sack, it's not good for you.
Speaker 1: It's not hard to worry. I pointed out the other day. The health of this animal has changed completely, its body shape, its function, everything. Well, it's eating something completely different than it's eaten for its entire history on Earth.
Speaker 3: No, that's not it, all right, Joe's become RFK Junior. Okay, we got more on the ways.
Speaker 1: Stay here. Every time we.
Speaker 6: Hear a Hispanic name on TV, whether or not the anchor is Hispanic, we suddenly have to shape shift into a perfect Hispanic accent.
Speaker 1: Police arrested twenty five year old elan Alain Sanchez.
Speaker 6: And I mean that, honestly. Why do we do that? When I say Alejandra Myorcis. I just say Alejandra Myorcis, but on CNN it's Alejandra Majorkis.
Speaker 1: I'm Irish.
Speaker 6: When police arrests someone with an Irish name, I don't say police just arrested twenty five year old Charlie mcglothin.
Speaker 1: Stop that stop fabulous. That's pretty funny. I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really stands out on NPR, does it over the top? Everything was Wow, that's such a well do it with Asian names? Come on now?
Speaker 1: Wow? Right, Oh this is gonna be my let me count one hundred and thirty third jihad this topic. Wow, I'm really gonna have to use AI to schedule it? Rantings and ravings? What did I come across with AI yesterday?
Speaker 3: Something AI that was just phenomenal around video stuff Again, that's where AI is clearly making a mark. I don't know if it's going to take over the world in a lot of the other ways that they've been claiming, but man, the stuff it can do with video with just you know, a couple of prompts is.
Speaker 1: Stunning, mind blowing. My favorite amusing interesting piece of journalism about AI next hour. There are various apps jack that record everything you say for your own good what they do with that information will jacque. Actually, it's it's thought.
Speaker 3: Provoking records everything on my that my phone can hear. H.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a device you wear, but yeah, it works through your phone. It works through your phone. Yeah essentially. Yeah. Wow, So this is getting some mockery. Oh it was good.
Speaker 3: There's an article in the New York Times, a hot accessory at the intersection of faith and culture, seen on influencers, pop stars and White House staff. Cross necklaces are popping up everywhere, and it's getting mockery from the parts of the country where people been wearing cross necklaces forever. Like I think every girl I've ever dated in my life life or across necklace.
Speaker 1: At some point.
Speaker 3: So the idea that The New York Times is acting like this is some interesting intersection of faith and culture that has occurred is just an example of how out of touch they are with the giant chunk of America that, for instance, has voted for Trump twice. New York is a fascinating place in so many ways. I am pro New York, but New Yorker's self regard has annoyed me since.
Speaker 1: I was eleven years old, No kidding. The rest of us are quite happy and fascinated by life and have many opportunities for art, culture, the outdoors, et cetera. Whatever we prefer, we're fine. We're not lesser being well. Right.
Speaker 3: The thing that annoys me about New York and to a certain extent, LA and lots of big cities really, but in particular New York and LA is the people who live there, their assumption that we all want to be there. We just haven't figured out how to get there yet trying, we just haven't been successful enough to live there. And you know, they're and that's fine. I love New York and Los Angeles. But everybody doesn't want to live there. There are some people, I know, that's funny. I was listening to Jonah Goldberg the other day on a podcast, and he grew up on the Upper West Side, you know, right next to Central Park. That's the way he grew up. And he was saying some things that I and he was just so wrong about. I wish I could have had a conversation, like a loving conversation with him, saying, dude, you just and I don't blame you for not knowing you grew up with a completely different lifestyle than I did. But I know plenty of people who might kill themselves if they had to live in New York. They would contemplate suicide if they had to live in New.
Speaker 1: York, right, right, I'll never forget. And it's universal. I mean, we've talked about this, having moved around the country, Fairmount. You live in Kansas, they talk about how stupid Missourians are, sure whatever, and you're in France they say Belgians are more just everybody likes to you know, it's a human foible, But I'll never forget. I was having a conversation with a friend in the San Francisco Bay Area years ago, and at the conclusion of a long conversation about his brutal commute and his awful taxes and is incomprehensible mortgage payments and the rest of it, a town outside the Bay area came up, and he was like, oh, poor bastards, right, if only they could live in the Bay Area. I'm like, wow, okay, never mind, anyway.
Speaker 3: One thing about moving my whole life, and then as an adult also is realizing that everybody loves where they're from, and I wish just more people would understand you like where you're from.
Speaker 1: That's perfectly fine. You don't need to hate on other places.
Speaker 3: You like where you're from because it's what you're familiar with, your people, your friends, your stuff.
Speaker 1: That's perfectly all right.
Speaker 3: But you don't have to pretend that you have to hate all the other places. But everybody does.
Speaker 1: It's human nature, apparently, especially because we're all Americans. Except for legal immigrants, you're not get out except for twenty million illegal immigrants. I know what you're thinking. Did they correctly solve the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby. Maybe you weren't thinking that that case might get blown wide open. State A lot of good stuff to come, I know. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The child at the museum scratching a fifty six million dollar painting in Rotterdam. Museum workers having to remove the famous painting by artist Mark Rothko. They say it was scratched in several places. The museum believes it can be restored. No word on whether the family will he be held responsible in any sort of way.
Speaker 3: How about if you're looking at a fifty six million dollar painting, you don't let your kid go up and have so much time alone with the painting that they scratch it multiple times with their little fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know. I looked at this painting, though, and I like art. I'd buy art, not like expensive art, but and I like abstract art. I can't, for the life of me, understand how this painting could be worth tens of millions of dollars. It reminds me of some of the what are the forkingness sakes, the electronic WHATSITs that people bought for like a week and a half NFTs. Yeah, reminds me of NFTs. The value of that painting is that other people think it has value. There's nothing intrinsically great about it. It's okay, I guess in general, I said this after I got back from Washington, d C. And going to a bunch of museums.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people take to their kids to museums and places like that. The kids have zero interest in being there zero. I guess you feel like you're exposing them to culture or something, but they're paying no attention and they have no interest.
Speaker 1: So plenty of politics to talk about. I think a lot of us are a little burned out after the frenzy of Trump's first one hundred days blah blah blah, never ending yelling at each other, so, at least for one segment, some decidedly non political stuff. The evidence is mounting both US researchers and European researchers saying that people who eat lots of ultra processed foods may be at greater risk of dyeing. A study in eight countries, including the UK and the US, suggest.
Speaker 3: Greater risk of dying. That's right up there on your health concerns. Among things I'd like to avoid. Yeah, processed meats. My wife and I talked about this.
Speaker 1: She is like, by even American standards, a bacon enthusiast. Boy, I am doing yeah, yeah, probably for it.
Speaker 3: I probably have bacon half a day's Oh wow, it's not good for you.
Speaker 1: Why is it not good for you? It's processed, processed. What does that mean? It's the salt and smoke and all sorts of I don't remember what. Am I a chemist? But yes, I consider it a process meat.
Speaker 3: I get why I shouldn't eat cheese, its or all kinds of things in plastic sacks, but bacon really?
Speaker 1: So anyway? Processed meats, look it up, cookies, fizzy during soft drinks, ice cream. Some breakfast cereals. Upfs, ultra processed foods tend to contain more than five ingredients which are not usually found in home cooking, such as additive sweeteners and chemicals to improve the food's texture or appearance.
Speaker 3: That's interesting some cereals, because like I eat grape nuts and I think there's or cheerios. There's like two ingredients on cheerios oats and I think that's it. Same with grape nuts. So is that it's in a plastic sack. There's something going on.
Speaker 1: You know. The rule of thumb I always see cited is look for ingredients you don't know what they are or you don't have in your kitchen. That's that's a pretty good standard. Now it's worth pointing out. Some experts say it's not really clear why upfs are linked to poor health. There's little evidence it's down to the processing itself. Could be because the these foods contain high levels of fat, salt, and sugar and are associated with poorer lifestyle choice. That's what I was going to say. Whatever you call that.
Speaker 3: Could it be people that eat the simplest to eat foods, have all kinds of other things.
Speaker 1: They most likely do.
Speaker 3: You're more likely to not exercise, to smoke, to drink more, to all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: It's certainly possible.
Speaker 3: It's not surprising that people like me, who you know, go for the easy food in a plastic sack, have.
Speaker 1: A bunch of other non healthy things going on. Yeah, if you have a well designed study, you tease out all of those other factors. But it's extremely difficult to do. And you're talking about lifestyle, general lifestyle, overall, diet, exercise, of health, wealth, you know all those habits. Anyway, but they looked at people's diets and data on deaths from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, mech the UK, and the US. That's a pretty broad swath or mortal enemy. Oh no, no, oh boy, don't get me started anyway. Uh moving along, I thought this was interesting. Speaking of diet, scientists have created three D printed calamari with more protein than real squid.
Speaker 3: So many questions, Wow, no kidding, three D printed calamari, Yes, and using mung bean protein and what and microalgae? But in what sense is it calamari couldn't you call it whatever you want? This is birthday cake, this is calamari, this is steak, it's none of those things.
Speaker 1: Well I was going to say, well, yeah, it was, surely it would have the taste and texture of calamari. But then it says the uh blah blah blah, producing calamari mimics that were softer, spring here and structurally similar to real calamari without relying on fished marine resources.
Speaker 3: Three D printed calamari, I just I just don't see myself eating that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, this innovation highlights a promising future for sustainable seafood alternatives, leveraging under used crops like mung beans and algae to reduce pressure on ocean ecosystems.
Speaker 3: Do they all have to be in favor of that? Do they all have to be appetizers? Can you fax me some onion rings?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they've successfully three D printed plant based calamari rings that closely mimic both the texture and protein content of real squid. How the damn stuff taste?
Speaker 3: I think they since we were tiny kids, and probably before that, they've been working all these things that people are never going to need or do I feel like they're prepared before when when first there's not going to be any food, So you know, we got to eat stuff out of a tube that kind of looks like steak and you spread it on your your fake bread or something.
Speaker 1: But why why they're always doing this is there?
Speaker 3: I believe that we're gonna have a real serious food shortage worldwide at some point. Well over fishery of the oceans is Overfishing is a thing, as the kids say, it's a concern. But with the population probably having peaked in decline it now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. A completely different topic. I mentioned this earlier one to pay it Off. Eighty nine years ago this month, a man named Bruno Richard Hoptman was executed by the state of New Jersey for what the press was calling the crime of the century.
Speaker 3: He's stood accused of kidnapping and murdering Charles Lindbergh Junior, the twenty month old son of the most admired man in America, of the famous Charles Lindberg. Just a trans atlantic flight, blah blah blah, Just a horrible story. Like the biggest celebrity in America was Charles Lindberg. So pick whoever the biggest celebrity is now maybe Elon. Somebody sneaks in the house and takes a twenty month old and kills them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brutal. Yeah. So I'd always been dimly aware of the controversy surrounding this case, but it just hasn't been one of those things I've bothered to look into in my life. But the more I look into it, the more intriguing slash troubling it is. Quoting from Jonas Eara and Poppy Damon in the Free Press, there have been long, long been questions about whether Hopmann was in fact the kidnapped or kidnapper, questions that could be easily answered with DNA testing, which the state of New Jersey has long resisted, and some researchers have filed suit to compel the state to allow forensic scientists to do the testing. And it's thought pretty strongly that if they do the testing, this guy's guilt or innocence will be established. They mentioned that kidnapping children of the rich for ransom money was fairly common during the depression. Wow, but Little Lindy's kidnapping, as they called him, was a media sensation for reasons obviously, it was discovered ten weeks later the baby had died. Believe it or not, Americans were so eager to see Hoppman fried that there were actually execution parties at local hotel ballrooms on the night he was put to death in Trenton. The lights dimmed as the deed was carried out because electric chairs required so much electricity in the thirties. But there's always been a great deal of doubt about Hoppman's guilt, starting with the governor at the time, Harold Hoffmann. Haupman was a German immigrant, and in the thirties, anti German sentiment was running high. To be like now, yeah, yeah, although our justice system is a lot more regimented and transparent now, but public opinion wise, yes, yes, agreed, yeah. Or an Iranian maybe well or not really it were with Iran anyway, Well, we weren't at war with Germany at the time. So the investigation was a slap dash affair full of leads that were ignored in an astonishing breach, the New Jersey State Police, who were in charge, let Lindberg himself call the shots. What's more, Housman Hopman's trial was a travesty, with prosecutors pushing the evidence beyond all bounds where he tried. By today's standards, it is a near certainty that Hoppman would be found not guilty. Really. Yeah, and that's a couple of pretty responsible journalists because they believe he didn't do it, or they just think there's there there wouldn't be.
Speaker 3: There's not enough to find him guilty and convictim. Yeah, the evidence was very, very thin. But it's been a long time. I mean, if there had been in somebody else who was responsible.
Speaker 1: Oughn't that would have come out by now.
Speaker 3: Somebody would have admitted to it, or a friend would have admitted to it. Yeah, I was my old friend Bill, he did it or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There have probably have been all sorts of false confessions that sort. Maybe a true one, I don't know. But final note on this Today, all the Lindbergh evidence resides at the New Jersey State Police Museum. The journalists say we've visited and seen for ourselves. The latter allegedly used to access the child's bedroom window and handwriting samples in a public display, but one can find in an archive archive that is not accessible to the public. The fifteen ransom notes sent to the Lindberghs during their ordeal. To send those ransom notes, the kidnapper would have had to lick the stamps and seal the envelopes. That's where the DNA evidence likely resides. Evidently people didn't use sponges to seal envelopes back then. Maybe they didn't need to.
Speaker 3: I've never used a sponge to seal an envelope in my life. I've always licked them. You don't lick it, you know.
Speaker 1: I only did because I had to seal lots of them working in a mail room as a college student. But but in general from home, if you have an envelope, you lick it, I know, But I do put spit on my finger. Really now, I'm not gonna lick it and get a tongue full of gloses. What am I an animal? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've done every every envelope I've ever used in my life, I've done it like that.
Speaker 1: I just link it. I know, I'm just kidding, but no, no, I did. I realized how bad they taste. Yeah, I have licked my envelopes. To me, I can apply saliva to this envelope without getting a mouthful of glue by doing this, it is a horrible flavor. How do you do it? Katie?
Speaker 3: I used to lick them until I actually got a paper cut on my tongue.
Speaker 1: That was the day that stopped. That's horrible. Oh my god, slice your tongue open. So I'm fine. All over the envelope. It was really it was great. No, everybody in America is cringing, No, you're done? Okay, good? Why is New Jersey so adamantly opposed to the DNA testing? And nobody's really sure. Some officials say they're worried about setting a precedent. If any case can be reopened at the whim of the public, then they all can. But some conspiracy theorists think the state it has something to hide. Yeah, a slapdash, crappy investigation that puts somebody to death without justification.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about a great slash, awesome transition. If Charles Lindberg had simply Safe in his house, oh this baby probably wouldn't have been abducted.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: Simply Safe is great home protection for about a dollar a day, no long term contracts or cancelation fees, and all kinds of different publications up said it's the best out there. It is far better than the old style security systems and far less expensive. You got simply Safe out active guard Outdoor protection helps prevent breakings before they happen. You have AI power cameras backed by live professional monitoring agents monitoring your property, detecting suspicious activity. And if some scumbag is lurking around or acting suspiciously, the agents can see.
Speaker 1: Them, talk to them, call the cops. Activate your spotlights before your windows get smashed. No long term contracts or cancelation fees. Visit simply safe dot com. Slash Armstrong claimed fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Get your first month free again. That's simplysafe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 3: Our three will get to some of the Trump interview from ABC Primetime last night that included I thought a very entertaining exchange about Pete Heggs at the Secretary of Defense, among other things.
Speaker 1: Stay with Us Armstrong.
Speaker 8: Actor Terrence Howard says he turned down the role of singer Marvin Gay because he couldn't kiss a man, the same reason he won't play Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: What is that? What the heck? What is that?
Speaker 3: So? Greg gut fechell, Obama's a man and Brock's gay? Is that a regular theme of Greg Gutville.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he just fills in that blank, but I'm not quite sure, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, just came across his headline and that I saw stretching should be part of your bedtime routine and reminded me. The best thing I've practically done on the health front in many, many years is when I started stretching, like nine months ago, finally ditto, and it's amazing what that has done for me. It's just and I don't spend a lot of time on it. I kind of do it between sets at the gym and stuff like that. But the total stretching might be I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes and like zero, it's eliminated. I didn't have much back pain anyway, but it's just eliminated. It is a thing completely and just quality of life, just the ability to like you know, get in and out of cars, up and downstairs, whatever I want to do.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I didn't start this earlier, even though everybody in the world had told me so, I hope I can keepin I say, yeah, I hope I can keep that up the rest of my life. This didn't get enough attention. Yesterday, Harvard University released two separate reports commissioned by themselves to find out that there's a lot of an anti Semitism and anti Muslim bias on campus.
Speaker 1: Two different reports.
Speaker 3: They're quite different kinds of reports, but focusing on the anti Semitism part of it. Anti Semitic bias, the report found, and again this was something Harvard did themselves, had severely escalated following Hamas's October seventh attack, though it noted that anti Jewish bigotry was a big issue before the wars start, and they found all kinds of examples of faculty being is saying, doing anti Jewish things, classes that were clearly designed to be anti Israel or anti.
Speaker 1: Jew entire departments.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, this is absolutely amazing from the university that regularly lectures us on bigotry, inequity and fairness and all kinds of BS. Well, that stuff's not BS, but it is if you're not living it. Same thing with the anti is Islamic stuff, although that was almost entirely asking students and students saying that they feel like they can't say what they want. So I don't know if that's exactly the same thing as the anti Semitism report.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting that every time Harvard or Penn or any of these universities addresses anti Semitism, they also throw in and there's a Islamophobia too, right, right, even though it's really that's funny because we hadn't heard or seen a lot of complaints about that. There weren't Islamic students barred from doing anything, or in any Islamic students surrounded by angry, jeering spectators who spit on them or prevented them from going into the library. But thanks for pointing it out.
Speaker 3: Well right in the if the complaints from the Muslim students are I don't feel like I can say what I want when what a lot of you were saying is all Jews want to.
Speaker 1: Die to the Jews.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yeah, I'm sure that's quite the same thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and plus it's got kind of a dysfunctional arguing feel to it. Honey, you just shot the dog to death, Well you didn't do the dishes, you know. Yeah, okay, why don't we talk about the two separately?
Speaker 3: By the way, and I think you mentioned this the other day, Harvard has renamed the Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion because that has become, you know, a bad phrase for a lot of us. They just renamed it to the Belonging to the Community and Campus Life Office, in which they're probably going to do exactly the same stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah. The idea that we were telling them you can't do that anymore and they would comply is hilarious. I am not a paranoid lunatic when I tell.
Speaker 3: You that this is a a strongly held, near religious belief by these people.
Speaker 1: Trust me when I tell you it's true. They will hide it.
Speaker 3: They will ou skate, they will lie, they will cheat, They will keep it going anyway they can. Somewhat contentious interview between Trump and an ABC reporter on Primetime last night.
Speaker 1: We'll have some highlights in hour three. Armstrong and Getty