Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and thank you so much for finding the second date update.
Speaker 2: What is this called podcast? Yep, this is a podcast.
Speaker 1: So yes, if you didn't realize we do run these, Hi, Jose, come on in.
Speaker 2: He just went and got coffee.
Speaker 1: We're talking second date update and we are getting inundated with text messages this morning that say this girl's nuts. Yeah, a lot of like insane run now dodged a bullet.
Speaker 2: You're about to find out for yourselves why they're saying that. I don't know what bullet he dodged. I think that he ran straight into the bullet. So yeah, you're in for one.
Speaker 1: Here it goes your brand new second date update starts right now, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date Updates.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we talk about instant turnoffs that give women the ick, you know, like if the guy's the same name as your brother, oh, the same name as your dad, the same name as your stepdad.
Speaker 4: Oh well actually you could probably let that one.
Speaker 1: Slide, right, Alexis depends on how long you've known, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as your stepdad is hot, then you know you don't want to be too picky. But our listener Jay says his red flag was out loud and proud on his first date, but he survived it. So why isn't he getting a call back. We're going to try to find out.
Speaker 4: Jay.
Speaker 3: We'll get to your giant waving red flag in just a minute, but first tell us about the woman that we're going to be calling here.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, how are you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think better than you.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jeff said you survived it, but you're on the phone with us, so I don't know how working.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Listen, okay, I met this beautiful girl on a dating and app called Hinge.
Speaker 4: Her name was Ali Ali, and I.
Speaker 5: Love women with a beautiful smile and beautiful lips. And Ali had it all nice to little sluffy lips, great.
Speaker 6: Smile, nice.
Speaker 3: So she's got two big body, pillow sized red lips.
Speaker 4: What we said, well.
Speaker 2: Though, I kind of like it. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: That's what he likes, all right, and we're into it.
Speaker 5: And I also like a woman with a great search of human and a little bit spicy. And in her profile she said she was sugar and spice with just a little bit more spice. And you are.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So how did you and her kind of hit it off.
Speaker 6: I was smooth. I was smooth, you understand, And she's like the smoothness of the.
Speaker 2: J okay soon smooth to me.
Speaker 4: I feel right now you haven't given us the yet yet. I feel you're very smooth.
Speaker 6: My man.
Speaker 4: You're not very specific, but you are smooth about.
Speaker 6: I can't be too specific.
Speaker 5: I give lots of lines to lots of women, so I don't remember exactly what I said.
Speaker 2: Honest, I appreciate it. You mix up the line you used, not the same one every time.
Speaker 6: You can't be smooth and use the same line all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you translated it into a date.
Speaker 6: Yes, we would scheduled to go out.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, And you said in your email that your red flash I came up pretty much immediately.
Speaker 5: Right from the beginning.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 7: My red flag?
Speaker 5: Is that I don't drive? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is there a reason you don't drive?
Speaker 4: Like you don't have a car.
Speaker 6: I do have a car, but I don't have a license.
Speaker 2: Uh because of an issue with the law.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, nothing like that. It's just that where I work, I don't need a car. I can walk back and forth to where I need to go, and everything was convenient to where I was.
Speaker 3: And I didn't really you you never got around to getting your license.
Speaker 5: I never got around.
Speaker 6: I'm just busy working and doing other things.
Speaker 1: And you know, people who live in the city like you don't they don't mean it's pretty common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that kind.
Speaker 4: Of stuff too.
Speaker 6: But I'm working on it and I'm going to get it soon.
Speaker 4: How did Ali take that news? How she was cool with it?
Speaker 5: She came past, she picked me up, and we went out to have our date.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's great. All right, so you got through that. I bet you were feeling pretty good.
Speaker 5: I was, and we went to a nice seafood restaurant.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love seafood, and listen, she loved seafood too.
Speaker 6: So we had a big seafood feast. And here's a crazy part.
Speaker 5: The juice from all the seafoods was sitting there on the big juicy.
Speaker 1: Oh see the word seafood juice just for you.
Speaker 4: Liked her juicy seafood lips?
Speaker 5: You just did?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you get a kiss him?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I didn't want to move too fast.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, gentlemen.
Speaker 6: But everything was going well. So we made plans to have lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is this you're making plans for your next day while you're still out on your first one, or this is afterwards.
Speaker 5: No, we was.
Speaker 6: Making plans for the next day while we were still on the first day.
Speaker 2: So you were going to go to lunch. What happened?
Speaker 5: I didn't have.
Speaker 6: Her pick me up because I figured it was so very close in the city, so I took the buzz there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you met her there.
Speaker 6: That was the plan. But she didn't show up.
Speaker 2: Like no text or anything.
Speaker 5: She answer my text back, doesn't answer my calls.
Speaker 6: Not only did we have such a great time on our first date, but we talked numerous times on a phone leading up.
Speaker 2: To a date to the lunch date.
Speaker 4: That's so weird going on.
Speaker 2: Maybe she tried to take a bus too, Those are confusing the wrong route.
Speaker 4: What a bummer?
Speaker 3: Because you got so excited about seeing all the seafood juice on her lips, you didn't get to see the sandwich juice this time.
Speaker 5: You don't know how I was anticipated.
Speaker 2: Imagine where are you at now? Like, how are you? Are you mad or do you want to see her again?
Speaker 5: I'm not mad, I'm just confused and don't understand. Everything was going.
Speaker 6: So well, and I don't know what happened. You know, I was a gentleman the whole night.
Speaker 5: She was laughing, we was flirting with each other, and now nothing interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird to have phone conversations in between the two dates and then no show.
Speaker 4: That's the big weird, weird part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you were gonna know show, then you already start to kind of slip beforehand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, please, please, you guys got to figure out this mystery for me.
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 2: All right, we got you, Jay, Okay, we're on it.
Speaker 4: I do feel like there's something you're not telling us, though.
Speaker 3: There has to be a reason why she would cut it off already.
Speaker 2: Wow, we have cut her on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the truth is you're so smooth though. I could never figure out what the reason was. We have to call her and figure that out when we come back. Yeah, that's right, Talktor third person.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, we'll come back.
Speaker 3: We will call Ali and try and get you your second date update right after this hold on man Brook and.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 4: It's nice when a man could admit his shortcomings. I have a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Thought that thought was the start where you were gonna start listening up.
Speaker 3: I have plenty, but our listener Jay is also no stranger to that. He's got a lot of self confidence, a lot of personality. One thing he doesn't have is a driver's license. Never got one, And he told us that in the very first minute that he was on the phone, which has been a problem for him with previous women he's dated, but not with the new lady he met, named Ali, and she actually agreed to pick him up for their seafood date, which went so well they immediately planned another meetup that she no showed to.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They even talked on the phone multiple times in between the two dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what was said during those conversations and could it have affected why she decided not to show up?
Speaker 2: I mean, what was the last text you center? Were you angry at the no show?
Speaker 6: No? I wasn't angry.
Speaker 5: I just maybe something happened and the only thing that wasn't happened about Also, she would.
Speaker 6: Drive me home she didn't shown, so now I had to take the bunk back home.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then you held onto that transfer ticket?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because absolutely you want us to ask her to refund you the bus fair.
Speaker 6: No, No, that's little Gate. I doesn't want to make sure she's a little Gate.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, that's very kind. Let's see if she even answers the phone for us. I'm gonna dial her right now. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're going to speak with Ali.
Speaker 7: H this is she.
Speaker 3: Hey, Ali, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Whoa, you're a close phone talker, like the radio?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I'm like, wow.
Speaker 3: The reason that we're calling you kind of out of the blue here is for a segment that we do on this show.
Speaker 4: It's called a second date update.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, have you heard those before? I have heard those before, but I'm not quite sure why you're calling me.
Speaker 4: A day recently.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and we know that because that date reached out to us hoping that we could get a hold of you, a guy named Jay.
Speaker 2: Bus past Guy.
Speaker 7: Bus past guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, he doesn't have a license.
Speaker 1: He told us that, you know, showed at the last date.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's kind of messed up.
Speaker 6: What the heck?
Speaker 7: Okay, you know what, let me say this am my defense. I didn't realize that he was actually doing something shady behind my back.
Speaker 4: I don't think riding the bus is shady.
Speaker 7: I think people, so you know what I mean, because you got to check people out. You gotta check I mean, I've bet everything. So I'm following up on Instagram and I saw that he recently liked a woman's post. She was this blonde with a nice body, very very attractive woman. And I'm like, wait, okay, he just.
Speaker 1: Liked a person's post who was an attractive blonde.
Speaker 7: So no, I saw that he was commenting on her page. Uh huh, that was fun the other day, looking forward to getting to know you more. And I'm going what I mean? I thought like, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Allie?
Speaker 1: How on you guys had gone on one date. That doesn't mean that he's exclusive to you. I'm sure you're talking to other people.
Speaker 7: I know where you're coming from. However, we were talking, we went out on the first date, we were actually planning on a second date. We had a lot of great conversations and everything.
Speaker 1: So why did you stand him up? Why didn't you meet him for lunch and just ask him all those questions?
Speaker 7: Because I just thought about it, and the more I thought about it. I'm like, I think Jase a player and he's trying to play me. Did you know some guys who don't have a car, they will do that?
Speaker 4: Okay, carless guy stereotype I haven't heard.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you saw this in a similar situation, a guy you were with was commenting on somebody else's beautiful page, would that like put some doubt into your mind?
Speaker 1: Well, of course, but I am not one to hold back, so I would definitely go the confrontation.
Speaker 4: Route long ago. Don't look at a guy's following. Yeah, okay, Alexis strategy is just completely.
Speaker 3: There can't be any red flags, you see, if you don't open your eyes and listen, Ali, I probably need to take full responsibility because we never asked him if he was liking other women's Instagram posts and commenting on them when we spoke.
Speaker 4: To him earlier.
Speaker 7: Maybe you should have.
Speaker 3: That good you know what we can know because Jay is on the phone already right now listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, how convenient.
Speaker 5: Jay, Jay, Hello, say, oh my god, this is insane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the same that you lied to me? Oh what's the saying about that?
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's insane because you're getting jealous because I think my driving instructor or Instagram?
Speaker 4: What wait, what instructor?
Speaker 3: My driving instructor, the blonde woman is teaching you how to dass.
Speaker 5: Yes, I didn't know that that was an important detail.
Speaker 7: You never told me that you had a driving instructor or that she was a woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: He did mention to us he was working on getting his driver's license, so that actually checks out, Alli, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, but listen, we were talking on the phone every night. You were saying that you were talking about taking lessons, but you never mentioned, Oh, by the way, my driving instructor that's next to me every day. It's this skanky how to track well with an incredible body you can't mention that dayliment but also kind of sweet people.
Speaker 6: But she's not stinky.
Speaker 2: But you don't know anything about that, literally nothing.
Speaker 3: Jay, Do you feel bad for not coming out with that information on your own?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't choose her, Ali, they peered me up with whoever they is, I guess available at that time.
Speaker 7: So what are you telling me that you're not going to take any more classes with her?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: What are they going to get another driving instructor or what?
Speaker 2: Alli, are you really asking him that.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying you had ample time to tell me, and you didn't tell me, and I had to see it on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I didn't think it was that important. And plus I've already signed up for four more courses.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh, so you are going to to see her again, Allie?
Speaker 1: Okay, she's a driving instructor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's just teaching you how to drive, right, And that's how it starts.
Speaker 2: Have you had an affair with a driving.
Speaker 7: Stuff happens? I mean real, not Come on, guys, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it's a possibility.
Speaker 3: It's not like, if it's true, I want to sign up for that driving for sure. This obviously has ended up being way more contentious than we thought.
Speaker 4: It would be going.
Speaker 3: But the positive that's come out of it is at least now we've got clarity. It's not some mystery skank that Jay found online and started talking to. It's just some hot, skanky driving instructor Allie's words.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: So with that said, Alie, what do you say we continue this healthy conversation during a second date dinner that we will pay for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, skanky Jeff will pay for it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I tell you guys, what, The only way I would ever go out with Jay again is if I get to go along on all of his driving class and I can see that energy for myself.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 4: Brother, it's compromise.
Speaker 1: It's not controlling or a big red flag or anything.
Speaker 4: That's relationships.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: It's so we're running out of time here.
Speaker 3: So Jane, now that you've heard her caveat, she's willing to go out with you again if you do this for her. Are you still open to seeing her if she sits in the back seat of your driving lessons going forward?
Speaker 5: Wow, this whole thing is ridiculous, But I'm going to say yes.
Speaker 3: What's no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that to that poor driving instructure.
Speaker 3: I don't think we should allow them to go out, Jack, I'm going to do it for the plot.
Speaker 1: I think what it is is you don't have a lot of other matches on hands right.
Speaker 3: Now, and she's got he's got a ride.
Speaker 4: That's nice. Okay, Ali, You're still open to.
Speaker 7: It because I actually like you, Jay. I just that threw me off.
Speaker 4: This is gonna work.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's somebody for everybody.
Speaker 4: It's a success.
Speaker 3: You guys are going out again, and Ali just remember to put in your calendar six pm every Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Driving lessons with.
Speaker 7: Jay already put down.
Speaker 4: I have a bad feeling about this guy.
Speaker 1: I also feel like she's gonna be one of those people like screams in the backseat's.
Speaker 4: Only gonna learn faster that way.
Speaker 5: Good job, Ali Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can't be upset when we get a yes for a second date.
Speaker 2: I was, though, I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: He is not allowed to complain about whatever happens next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is all out there who he's dealing with, and he is choosing it.
Speaker 3: Sure, even if yes, he did get a spiteful all show you kind of yes.
Speaker 4: It's a yes as a yes, and you gotta feel good about that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I do well regardless.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that we get an update update from the two of them, because I need to know what happens inside that car.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's gonna be totally drama free. Jeff, we won't have anything to say.
Speaker 4: We don't hear about it on the show. We'll probably hear about it on the local news.
Speaker 3: It's like a box of fireworks and the matches already lit.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: And remember you can listen to more Second Date updates wherever you get your podcasts, Apple, iHeart Spotify, Go search US online. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.