Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is nick shot, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And with the two hundred and fifty eighth pick of the eighth round of the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Ezekiel Elliott, running back the Ohio State University. That's news today. Welcome to mckshots inside the SWBC pot Cast studio. Old, do we ever have a lot to get to today?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all the matters is that's what you just said. That's so funny. That's all that matters to me.
Speaker 5: They finally listened to us a year later.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: And the timing of it. I hear people on the radio already saying, well, that's because they didn't get a running back in the draft, and that's why. And it's the day after the draft, first day of business after the draft. They're signing Zeke Well, as Mickey will quickly point out, this is an important day as far as signing free agents after three o'clock today. The unrestricted free agents don't count against the compensatory picks for next year.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: It is one of the keys they could have done this last week.
Speaker 5: And they were going to do this regardless of what they did in the draft.
Speaker 4: Right because a rookie running back that they pick and say the fourth round, if they had a fourth round pick, they would have still signed Zeke.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, it's the running back thing almost took precedence of everything else they did. The thing they didn't do because they didn't draft a running back. Had they drafted a running back in the fifth, sixth, or seventh round, do you think that guy would have been significantly better than rinc o'doddell? And I think that's what they had to face.
Speaker 4: There was a run on running backs in the fourth round, right, the running back There were some that went in the third round, but the run came in the fourth round. And so had they had a fourth round pick, they probably would have taken one. But again it would not have affected this news today that Zeke is back pending of physical.
Speaker 2: Was good. He stayed in shape. Thank Bill Belichick for that. There you go. He was being used.
Speaker 6: As a every down back and in New England, and I am glad he stayed in shape.
Speaker 5: Well, we got so much to digest here because the ze thing is part of actually what you said, the draft.
Speaker 4: That's right, and how about we start with this. Okay, how about we go to our correspondent, who actually was Savannah hu Buller. We need to hear draft stories from Detroit.
Speaker 5: There's not another show on Dallas Cowboys, Dots representative the draft.
Speaker 7: I have all the insighte you guys Detroit. Let me just paint the picture here. Over seven hundred thousand people over the course of three days. It was crazy, so unbelievable. And then just the atmosphere in Detroit, the amount of people that showed up there to see this in person, it was unbelievable. Great city, great hospitality, the event staff, from security to everybody, fantastic, great time, great.
Speaker 6: Time for UH for for Detroit, d time, major financial issues.
Speaker 2: Really a nice influx of activity for you.
Speaker 4: They've had major financial issues for decades, Detroit.
Speaker 6: And they will promise, by the the guy that built the stadium that they were going to do some stuff around the stadium, and.
Speaker 2: From what I heard, they didn't do Jet but he got his money.
Speaker 7: The site was incredible. So on Wednesday afternoon, we did a Q and A with Roger Goodell, so that was really awesome to kind of hear him talk and it was more of a very intimate space with some international fans, so that was really cool. He actually came in and surprised our International Fan of the Year and told him he's the NFL International Fan of the Year, so that was really cool. We did the Red Carpet excuse me Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why ghost bags, That's why they didn't choose.
Speaker 4: So what what was your role there? What was what were you doing with the with all the events going on.
Speaker 7: So I was in charge of the Cowboys Inner Circle, so all those fans that you saw on TV helped manage that group as well as I was kind of covering.
Speaker 8: Behaved they will behaved, They were well behaved. Did you did you dress them?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: I did bring some stuff out for these I had to bring them a couple of little things in case they forgot but great group. I also was covering some of the media portion of it, so we did the Red carpet. We had our International Fan of the Year, he walked the red carpet.
Speaker 8: Did you have to dress up?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 7: I did dress up. It was great, But it was awesome seeing all of the prospects there in person. These guys were just so excited. They were so dressed up. I mean, Caleb, Williams, Jade and Daniels, all the guys walking out with their family significant others.
Speaker 4: It was great. Were there any of them that you were particularly were impressed with than others? Not necessary saying oh okay, yeah that guy.
Speaker 8: Not necessary interviews or dressed build or.
Speaker 4: Just however, however, they.
Speaker 7: All were dressed to yes, so it was great.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 7: However, I wanted to speak to our guy, Darius Robinson, so I pulled him for an interview. I asked him about Missouri and his time there and you know, all the fans following him to the NFL, and he was very thankful.
Speaker 4: And he's from Detroit.
Speaker 7: He's from Detroit, so it was really great talking to him away from taking him exactly so when could have taken him if you didn't trade down, you could.
Speaker 4: He was on the he was on the board for him at twenty four.
Speaker 7: I know, we were on the watch on the floor for the Inner Circle. We were like, oh, he's still up there, like he's still on the board. So we were preparing in case that were to happen, but excited for him. He went to the Cardinals and from there it was just an immense amount of crazyiness, all the fans, all the chaos. I got to sit on set with NFL Network for a couple of days and watch their show for a few hours.
Speaker 4: So that was really cool, and you saw how unprofessional we are.
Speaker 6: We have some tips from that weekend that just feel free, helps out.
Speaker 2: We will do improve our status.
Speaker 10: We'll do well.
Speaker 7: I'm going to put a list together and we'll work on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do it great.
Speaker 4: Feel free to interrupt whenever we do something wrong.
Speaker 8: We'll do yeah, like they do it all right.
Speaker 7: So since I was obviously there, tell me about the chaos here. After Thursday Night round one, we get Tyler Geiton what trickled from there?
Speaker 2: Congratulations by the way, Bill, because.
Speaker 4: He's an Oklahoma suoner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I don't know if Bill's going to celebrate that or not.
Speaker 8: So let's let's dive in.
Speaker 2: He's like six ft eight inches tall.
Speaker 8: Every bit of it.
Speaker 4: You can't coach link.
Speaker 2: When people talk about too tall.
Speaker 6: You know, back in Tennessee State when they named the Jones too tall, it wasn't just a joke. I mean, he's one of the tallest to ever play.
Speaker 8: Right, he's not too tall to play.
Speaker 4: Tackle like Nicky has some concerns.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, again, it's your first pick, and the first thing you're saying is you're going to move from.
Speaker 8: Right tackle to left tackle.
Speaker 5: And it doesn't sound like he's playing much left tackle. So that's a to be determined on how well he makes the switch.
Speaker 8: But if he needs incentive.
Speaker 5: The guy that might have the most influence on him is his father.
Speaker 4: Dad.
Speaker 8: Looks like he could still play, by the way.
Speaker 4: His dad played high school basketball, Austin lb J high school. Talking with him, remember Ray Jackson with the Fab five University of Michigan. He was a high school teammate of his and Austin LBJ.
Speaker 8: His dad was he played football at Midwestern.
Speaker 4: Midwestern State and wished off fall.
Speaker 8: And he looks like he can still play.
Speaker 4: By the way, it is a most rabid Cowboys fan shout out to him. He's probably listening right now.
Speaker 8: And not only and not only he actually.
Speaker 4: Came up to me and said it's an honor to meet you.
Speaker 8: That's his first demerit.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm not I said, I'm not one of those jones Is. You don't have to talk to me like that.
Speaker 5: Not not only is not with the family. Not only is no nonsense father. By the way, So if the young man needs any incentive or anybody to kind of right them rough shot at top of it, he's the Cowboys fan too, So he's got a vested interest in what this kid does going forward.
Speaker 2: And if he.
Speaker 8: Gets out a line, I wouldn't want to have to answer to his dad. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 4: Great family, but yeah, great family. They were here and they made the big tour and went on the private jet picked him up down in Manor, Texas. Manor is located just to the northeast, about fifteen miles from downtown Austin.
Speaker 2: He builds a tall jet. You don't want to be you know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing you talk about length, and that's one of the big things link and offset of some of the inexperience.
Speaker 8: That he might have coming in here because he hasn't played a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: I mean he came to for his story. You go back to Maynor. He actually transferred in to Maynor because Jamal shed basketball player at University of Houston is going to be a first round draft pick in the NBA. He played at Manor and so he transferred there to play basketball. And then it sounds like maybe he didn't make the varsity. I'm not sure because I asked him how far they went in the playoffs and he said, well, I wasn't that good at basketball. So he started playing football. Actually, someone one of the coaches saw him in the hallway at the school and said, you need to come play football. He had a growth spurt like when he was fifteen years old and got much taller, and he played defensive line his senior year at Manor. And then Gary Patterson and TCU they were in. Patterson had a history of this being able to project a small school, smaller schools class five eight Manor and that this guy can play offensive line. And so the only D one scholarship offer they had was he had was TCU. He went there and for two years was a backup, scored a touchdown as an h back in a game.
Speaker 8: And everybody was giving him credit for being a tight.
Speaker 4: Air right right. And then they had a coaching change, and so he transferred to Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: And besides what he's done on the field, here's two things they think you need to know about him. When he got here, they went to the Cowboys' warehouse pro Shop North and Frisco, and that's where they were making the jerseys, the number sixty with his name on which his whole family was wearing. And I guess there was a line up of people for him to walk through and applaud and everything. When he got the jersey and everybody he was coming back and everybody was milling around, he went up and shook everybody's hand, like went out of his way to thank them for what they do. Then he comes here and you know, did all the stuff he needed to do, the press conference and whatever the draft party is going out on going on out on the plaza.
Speaker 8: I was out there doing a live TV shot.
Speaker 5: And next thing I looked and he and his buddies and his brothers are out on the plaza and he's taking pictures, like group pictures with everybody, And I'm going, Okay, if that part of it means anything, it sounds like they got a pretty good guy, and maybe for a change, we get to talk to the starting left tackle.
Speaker 8: If that means anything, because.
Speaker 5: If you think about it, flows Al Adams didn't like talking to the media, and we know Tyran's history or just grunting when people ask him a question.
Speaker 4: Uh so just because that was his personality. Yeah, Yeah, he's a quiet guy.
Speaker 6: Don't forget that. I have him stepping out of his element. The video of him dancing on the sands on the beach.
Speaker 2: At what he was having a good time.
Speaker 4: Have you shared that with us?
Speaker 5: I have you guys got a Pro Bowl? No?
Speaker 6: We having one of those cowboy travel Oh okay, he was getting out there. You should see him. He's got some hips, he can move. I do it to one of these days.
Speaker 4: I do like the chemistry him alongside Tyler Smith on the left side of the offensive line right, two guys that are similar ages. Let's say Tyler Smith turned twenty three April third, and Guidon is just two months younger than him. He turns twenty three on June eleventh.
Speaker 2: So did we go with the best athletes? So is that what we went with.
Speaker 5: Let's let's do this at twenty four. If they don't trade down and get a third and get another potential starting player at center with Cooper Bbie at twenty four.
Speaker 8: If they hadn't traded down, what would you have done?
Speaker 4: Would have drafted Graham Barton?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: So basically basically what they did is traded Graham Barton for Tyler Geiton and Cooper Beebe. And that's I think how we have to judge the finality of how this turns out.
Speaker 4: The other thing to consider on Tyler Geydon, and I think what probably happened when they decided they got the offer from Detroit to move down five spots, they had a handful of players that they were comfortable with taking that fit their needs. And I think if you just look at the list of the guys that went off the board right after that, from Graham Barton to Jordan Morgan to Darius Robinson, there's three of the handful and now you're down to the last one. Maybe the last one in Tyler Goeyton, and they were high fives all around when he was still there. The other thing I think you need to look at the next offensive tackle after that that was drafted was Patrick Paul at fifty five, one pick before the Cowboys second round pick at fifty six, and then there were a whole bunch of tackles that went off the board after that. So in the Cowboys estimation, there was a drop off between Tyler Goeyiton and the next offensive lineman and the apparently the rest of the league. And keep in mind, he was the seventh offensive tackle drafted in the first round of this draft. There were already six of them that went off the board before, so he was in that it was the last of that bunch. It's very similar to Tyler Smith. When they drafted Tyler Smith, they had now they I think they had a higher grade on Tyler Smith than they did Geiden because they said they had a first round grade on Smith two years ago. But he again in that draft, which wasn't as deep as far as offensive lineman or offensive tackle types are concerned, there was a more severe drop off. I don't think that that was that grade, a drop off between Geyton and those tackles that went off late in the second round. They could have waited on it, as it turned out, but you don't know that until after the fact. And so they felt like they needed at a premium position, elite position left tackle. They needed to pull the trigger on Guiden.
Speaker 5: So there was twenty from twenty nine to fifty five. That was the next tackle, so twenty six picks in between the tackle, so he was the last one taken in the first round.
Speaker 4: And then after that, after the Cowboys picked at fifty six, Houston took a left tackle of Blake Fisher from Notre Dame. Roger Rosengarten from Washington went at sixty two to Baltimore. Kingsley Suamattaya went to Kansas City at sixty three, and then Brandon Coleman to Washington at sixty seven, Cayden Wallace to New England at sixty eight. There was a whole bunch of tackles that went right after that second round pick.
Speaker 6: So are we looking at him as a left tackle or did the BB sign give us?
Speaker 2: Is it BB? Yeah? Cooper bebe?
Speaker 6: Did that sign give us the versatility that we needed? Those lost to him being able to play different positions? I'm talking about Cooper and therefore taking the pressure off of Tile to necessarily go to left tackle because it looks.
Speaker 4: Like BB was as far as Guidon's position, BB was unrelated to that. The question on Guidon is that will he play right tackle or left tackle. Since steals at right tackle, Giiton is your left tackle.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's not a candidate play right tackle then left tackle if he plays right tackle.
Speaker 8: No, he's not.
Speaker 2: He's not going to play right tackle.
Speaker 8: Steel's not a left tackle.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, then he's gonna he's going to have to to start get working on it right now. He's going to have to have the mentality that I've always had. Everyone acts like it's impossible for a right tackle to play left tack.
Speaker 4: He feels like his better position is left tackle. Now, the Cowboys will quickly point out that Oklahoma had a left handed quarterback in Dylan Gabriel, and they say that's why he was playing right tackle at OU because he was the blindside protector for Dylan Gabriel.
Speaker 7: And I will add that he had over one thousand snaps at right tackle and only seventy at left tackle.
Speaker 2: So I think it's that's my thing. He's going to have to get to get to work.
Speaker 6: But you know, everyone acts like it's so difficult to do, which I never agreed with her.
Speaker 4: He don't repeat it.
Speaker 2: The coach had used.
Speaker 8: He said it, he got transcribed.
Speaker 2: You can find it.
Speaker 4: So Okay, okay, I think it was Josh. Josh, sitting offensive guard for the Packers, had a very descriptive way of saying, what the difference is playing right tackle and left hand?
Speaker 5: I had to do with a bodily function doing it with your right hand.
Speaker 2: Or your left hand. I'll have to look that up.
Speaker 8: We're going to take a but but but the key thing of this whole deal is which.
Speaker 4: Tells me that it's very difficult to make that.
Speaker 8: It would be a.
Speaker 5: I had a hard time going to my left in basketball.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm with it's.
Speaker 4: Hard to right and still shoot with his left.
Speaker 5: I think, so, what do you what do you think would have taken place if they trade?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 5: They played the percentages right, they moved down five picks, They had four guys they were willing to take.
Speaker 8: What if all four were there? What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think, Uh, that would have been very interesting. If I think they would have tried to trade down again.
Speaker 2: I think no.
Speaker 5: I think you're right because Kansas City wanted to trade. Kansas City wanted to come up to twenty nine. Also, Carolina was trying to come up back into the first round. I think they would have traded down again and might have got that fourth round pick. Yep, that's right, because I thought in order they would have taken Barton.
Speaker 4: But I think I also think Kansas City was trying to trade up even when they were at twenty four. They valued Xavier You're worthy that much that they were willing to come up to twenty four. And I bet you when we did this little mock draft Kyle Yeomans and I on the Blitz where we did a scenario where Kansas City traded up and gave up their third and fourth round pick ninety five and one thirty one, And I bet you Kansas City probably offered that, but the Cowboys did not want to take that because they didn't want to go down to thirty two because they thought they might miss out on their guy. That's why the Detroit pick was more appealing to them, even though they were only offering one draft pick, although it was a much higher a third round pick than what Kansas City. You have seventy three rather than ninety five. But the main thing is they did not want to miss on one of those four players.
Speaker 6: I gotta say, unless someone can show me better, I am confused. On the second round pick, Okay.
Speaker 4: When we come back here on mix Shots, we discuss the second round pick Marshannland out of Western Michigan. Mix Shots continues at a moment.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 4: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 8: He escaped, flapped. He'll look full a perch down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 11: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 9: Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang.
Speaker 12: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite have. Let us every sesame eat on the bun and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cooled kola A journey to Fujobia burgers better with pevsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP Fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to risk eve information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's aa RP dot org slash Beat Scammers t X, demict.
Speaker 7: Shuts Kenny Chesney is bringing his son Goes Down Tour twenty twenty four with Zach Brown Band and special guests Megan Marony and Uncle Cracker to AT and T Stadium on May eleven. Tickets are on sale now at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of at and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Uncle Crocker Cracker coct with the KOs with the kyod.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're ready to do this.
Speaker 7: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: With a K, we're ready to discuss the second round pick. Yes, Marshawn Kneelan Everson posed the question just a moment ago. What was your question? Everson?
Speaker 2: Well, my question is if I'm a quarterback.
Speaker 6: And I'm being judged on something, most likely it's gonna be touchdown passes.
Speaker 8: Right, I'm gonna have judging on sacks.
Speaker 6: There you go, So tell me what. Well, my thing is he only has like three and a half sex. Oh, okay with me, he's with me?
Speaker 8: I knew good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I mean that's my thing. And you got a guy that I don't know. I didn't necessarily see any thing.
Speaker 5: You aren't the defensive line coach. You're right because Michael Parsons wouldn't be doing everything he should be doing as a defensive end.
Speaker 8: He'd be hunting sacks.
Speaker 5: If you watch the highlights of this guy, he's a DeMarcus Lawrence starter.
Speaker 6: That's what I saw. That's what I saw. That's what I saw. That's the best thing I saw about him.
Speaker 5: That's the and to me, that was the most important thing. He plays the run, and he can move inside if they need him to in the nickel. But the thing that impressed me from his highlights was the fact that he was willing and able to play the run. And one of I think Mike Zimmer's priority is we got to do a better job against the run. So I think that might have taken precedence over there because who's the other defensive end that would play there, Say, Parsons is a linebacker, DeMarcus Lawrence is on the left side, Williams on the right side. Sam Williams lost what is his weakness playing the run? So to me, they were looking for somebody to help the run defense. That certainly showed up in almost every game they lost, and I think that's what.
Speaker 4: The Okay, so who was playing that role last year somewhat right right defensive ends some Darrence Armstrong, who a Washington commander, right and so and the other so have they upgraded at that position? Marshawn Neelan understanding he's a rookie coming in. We haven't seen him yet and he's played at Western Michigan.
Speaker 6: Versus storn athlete, excellent athlete, this guy has He ran at the two hundred meters in the.
Speaker 2: Four hundred well and one of the things I look at, what the hell did he not do in high school?
Speaker 4: And he's got length thirty four and a half inch arms right and one of them. You know, it's interesting. The cone drill, especially for defensive linemen and getting to the quarterback, is an important measurement of your quickness, and he had a seven o two cone drill, which is really good amongst this class. We've talked about in the week's leading up to the draft, how age it's have been telling the players don't even do the cone drill because it's such an important measurement that the NFL teams use, and if you have a bad cone drill, that might drop you around in the draft. Well, he's got a pretty good one right there, Probably one of the best in this class. If you're seven. That's right. He probably raised him from the third round of the second round.
Speaker 6: And I'm you know, I'm just a little nervous, that's all. That's why I've come to you guys with my concerns because I love the drills. They're all fun, right, it's exciting to watch, but it doesn't equate to.
Speaker 2: Play the ball.
Speaker 4: The other thing though, in and at Western Michigan, that level of college football, the you know, the spread offenses, they're getting the ball out so quick and it's fair and it's a trickle up to Division one football. I mean, the FBS schools are doing the same thing. Power five schools now. It is hard to get sacks now because quarterbacks are getting rid of the football so quick. And so that's where I'm not as concerned about four and a half sacks in ten games is last year at Western Michigan. As yeah, you would like better numbers than that, But when you see him on film and you see how he measured, you know, he and the motor that he plays with, I don't think it's going to be an issue.
Speaker 5: The other guy they kind of compared him with was Greg Ellis, who, by the.
Speaker 8: Way, who's coaching at the defensive a coach right now.
Speaker 6: I could see a lot of Greg and him as well. Yeah, so I'm jealous of his one ten hurdles. I only got a seventeen to one. This food was one of the fifteen eight?
Speaker 2: Dang?
Speaker 8: Is that in high school?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's crazy. He did all this, all this track stuff. He's done. A good athlete. He's got to be an amazing athlete from what I saw.
Speaker 6: But once again, you know, and who else I kind of thought of was a little bit of Rayfield right as well, just in regards to his athleticism.
Speaker 2: And then we're talking about two different sides of.
Speaker 5: The ball, right, So can we go to my favorite go We're good, We're good, Cooper Bebe.
Speaker 7: Why is he your favorite?
Speaker 2: Peic?
Speaker 13: Mickey?
Speaker 2: Well, because he has video on it.
Speaker 8: I was watching.
Speaker 5: I was watching highlights of the guy. And this has gotta be the most no nonsense offensive lineman.
Speaker 8: I think I've seen. Now we can start with.
Speaker 4: More no no nonsense than Larry Allen Close.
Speaker 5: Okay, six three three twenty two. We got some film of it, and we've got some film number fifty. It is number fifty, and a lot of what the highlights they show are past blocking. But if you see what he does as a run blocker, and I don't think.
Speaker 2: He was fifty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a highlight where.
Speaker 2: He's one fifty.
Speaker 5: See one guy to the next, And these are all past blocks. They we found on somewhere online when he was run blocking.
Speaker 4: He's doing a little bit of run blocking.
Speaker 5: He was on the first level, he blocked the guy. He went to the second level to his left, and I think it might have been a safety. Somebody was just kind of getting in his way and he was blocking him and blocking them, and it was almost like he said, get the hell out of here and threw the guy on.
Speaker 8: The ground, just threw him on the ground like I was in front of him.
Speaker 5: So I like the fact that not only that, to play center, you got to be pretty sharp, right. He was a finalist for the Academic.
Speaker 8: The Cambell Trophy, the Campbell.
Speaker 5: Troth the Academic Heisman, and I think he can't wait. And they also he said he likes to dirt guys, and everybody said, what are you talking about. He goes, I like to put him in the dirt, and I said, okay, I'm good with that.
Speaker 8: I know I don't think I ever heard.
Speaker 5: I don't think I ever heard the phrase to put it that way, going to dirt you.
Speaker 8: Okay, we'll start dirting dude.
Speaker 2: And I like the fact that he might play center, right, I mean, how are we looking at it?
Speaker 5: They're gonna try, They're gonna he's gonna transition there now. As Mike McCarthy said, you know, brock Hoffman gonna bring his lunch pail every day and he better be ready for the competition. Hoffman's not going to just concede it. But again, you've got a guy that can play guard centersility is so so that's the guy. I think that makes the guide and pick better because they got a third combination, third round sort of like when he judge the Travis Frederick trade down when they drafted him, they went from eighteen to thirty one and everybody said, wow, he was the second round pick. Well he was three picks from the second round, okay, and they picked up Terrence Williams, a starting wide receiver.
Speaker 8: So I think it's very similar to that.
Speaker 4: Do you want to move on to the second third round pick?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Dissertation merist Loofowl linebacker Notre Dame.
Speaker 8: Lou Foule.
Speaker 4: That's lool.
Speaker 8: Well, that's way they put it. A little thing.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: Our Cowboys TV people asked him, how do you pronounce your name?
Speaker 2: And he said.
Speaker 4: Loufoulole, merist loufowl. Even though I think Mike Zimmer's excited about him, I.
Speaker 5: Think he's real excited about him. Linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah they needed, which we.
Speaker 7: Need, Yes, right, very happy with that pick.
Speaker 8: He's more of a strong side guy.
Speaker 4: You think, oh, well, he was used not only off the ball and there's a three down linebacker at Notre Dame, but also who came off the edge rushing the passers the other thing, and he has that ability to get to the quarterback quickly. I think he'd be a SAM linebacker to start off with, but he can. You know, we got Eric Kendricks here, who's familiar with Zimmer's system, who's thirty one, thirty two years old, who's your one of your inside linebackers or middle linebacker this year, and I think he's going to be mentoring. Yes, meris Loofile.
Speaker 6: And Lofle I liked his Uh, he's not Michael Parson's in regards to how he closes, but it was similar and that's what you want. Someone that can, you know, eliminate that distance between himself and a lot of.
Speaker 5: Times when you're playing in a four or three, the strong side linebackers lining up on the line of scrimmage on the tight end, so you can blitz from there. And that was one of his strengths that they were talking about with this guy. So and then not only that, you get a linebacker again that can play special teams, and with the new kickoff rule, you need linebackers on the coverage team.
Speaker 2: All Right, he's a high enagy gout, they said, all right, all right.
Speaker 4: Kendricks was drafted by Mike Zimmer in Miami. I'm in Minnesota, okay, six foot two hundred and thirty two pounds out of UCLA. Marius Loufeul is six to two hundred and thirty four pounds.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 4: To dame, Okay, Kendricks ran a four to six to one, Loufoul a four to six four.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The that cone drill I speak of. Kendricks had a seven fourteen. Loufoul had a seven sixteen. It's almost identical these measurables. I think I think Zimmer probably sees some Kendricks and Marris Loufoun.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: And he he and the fifth round pick, Kaylin Carson both talked about playing special teams. That Carson said he played all four special teams.
Speaker 8: I think lul File said he played special teams.
Speaker 5: And you're gonna need linebackers to play special teams.
Speaker 4: On kickoff coverage, here's producer Supreme. Chris Beam just pointed out something that I need to also point out, the difference.
Speaker 2: One of the.
Speaker 4: Differences lou Foulon Kendricks. Lou Foule's got thirty four inch arms. Kendricks thirty one inch arms. When you have thirty one inch arms, you're an inside player. When you're when you have thirty four inch arms, you can play on the outside. You can play that Sam linebacker. And yes, yeah, absolutely, thank you very much, Producer Supreme. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: And if you think about it, after Loofile, they had to wait from eighty.
Speaker 8: Seven to one seventy four to make the next pick, so it was a it was a long wait.
Speaker 4: It was, and they took cornerback Kaylan Carson of Wake Forest. And if you aren't familiar with the third day picks Kaylan Carson cornerback Wake Forest fifth round number one, seventy four, wide receiver Ryan Floornoy Southeast Missouri State sixth round number two, sixteen, And then they went big in the seventh round with Nate Thomas, the tackle out of Louisiana Lafayette and Justin Rodgers, defensive tackle from Auburn, both of whom are three hundred and twenty to three hundred thirty pounds.
Speaker 8: So Thomas three thirty two.
Speaker 4: Six five, three thirty two, and they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna move him to guard and then Rogers six to two. It says three twenty two.
Speaker 4: I think it's three thirty two.
Speaker 5: It should be three thirty two because I saw one thing he was thirty eight, and then I saw one thing he was three sixty something.
Speaker 8: So anyway, it's a big dude that started one technique.
Speaker 5: Yeah, started at Kentucky and made his way to Auburn for his final year, and all I can think of they can only hope he turns out to be Jay Ratliffe.
Speaker 4: Being a seventh rounder from Auburn, right, But he's a different type player than he's a little bit bigger than raw Ratliffe is a smaller nose tackle, but he played.
Speaker 8: He played if his motor was as good as ratlifts.
Speaker 5: They got themselves maybe somebody there that they can sink their teeth into.
Speaker 7: I like the Kaylin Carson pick because he was actually projected to be a third rounder according to the NFL. But I I think that was almost a good move for us considering Stefan Gilmore. It's still a free agent, and you add a little bit more depth to that position as far as Bland digs coming back of an injury. You know, Jordan Lewis I really like.
Speaker 6: I really like his footwork was good. That he didn't he didn't know how to catch that well. But you know, when you're in position, as much as I saw him in position, you know, picks it easy to make because he breaks well. I mean, he closes that distance very quickly and his footwork is amazing.
Speaker 2: So all he needs is confidence.
Speaker 6: You know a lot of times you can be really good at something in college, but you don't think you can transfer well into the pros.
Speaker 2: But no, I think he will, and he reminds me of Gilmore.
Speaker 5: The other thing I noticed was he's not shy to make a tackle.
Speaker 6: Oh no, No, he's very physical, he's very aggressive, and I think.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be his press. His press technique is also very good.
Speaker 5: Some thought that he could help on the nickel and play outside.
Speaker 2: Which if you think about it, with the.
Speaker 5: Three guys, we talked about who's the fourth right and who's the backup nickel because they don't have Now we got to see what Eric Scott is. They got to give him a chance, and he's one of those guys that they spent what a a fifth round pick on Scott to trade up to get him m hm, the first pick in the sixth So between those two guys, they got to step up and be able to add some depth so they don't get in the situation like they did in the playoff game when Gilmore goes out there with a harness on his shoulder that needed to be operated on three or four days later, because they really didn't have anybody else they trusted to put out there. So they need both of those guys to step up and be players.
Speaker 2: When you look at it, it didn't make a difference. They should have just put the bag up out there, and when you think.
Speaker 8: About how well it wasn't him. It was just the rest of them didn't know how to play zone right.
Speaker 6: Well, he was out of position as well a few times. So I think that it messed with his technique.
Speaker 2: I really do. I think a mess with his whole trying.
Speaker 4: The thought, Okay, we got much more to get to. Where does this leave this team after the draft?
Speaker 5: And I think we need to take a deeper dive into that running back position.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's to come here on mixshots.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte.
Speaker 2: What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff?
Speaker 13: Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday morning swag. Get in the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Clue America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 2: Miller Lte the.
Speaker 13: Only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere is the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping.
Speaker 4: There's no topping of cool PETSI finish.
Speaker 12: Nachos better with PEPSI that's what I like.
Speaker 8: To mixed shots.
Speaker 7: The twenty twenty four PBR World Finals are taking over at and T Stadium. It all starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rocks, Rock and Rodeo. Then on May eighteenth and nineteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty four PBR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride. Three day tickets are on sale now at seageek dot com, the official ticketing partner of at and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Okay, we continue with mix shots, and Mickey wants to dive further into the Ezekiel Elliott led Dallas Cowboys running back room.
Speaker 5: Well, let's just talk about the running room before Zeke shows up or will show up. Rec O'Donnell, Hunter, Lipke, Deuce Vaughan, Malik Davis, Snoop Connor, and Royce Freeman. Those other guys not named Freeman have totaled six hundred and five total NFL rushing yards. Freeman has seventeen ninety two. He's twenty eight, He's a on his seventh seventh year in the league.
Speaker 4: He's had one team too.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's had just one He only had one start in his career, so it's not like he's a starting quality running back.
Speaker 8: He's a nice rotation guy. If he can make the team. Now, and that's.
Speaker 4: Key to being Ronald Jones.
Speaker 5: Now, I was gonna say, because his they only signed him to a one year veteran exception salary.
Speaker 8: Uh and he only counts.
Speaker 5: One point one three four million against the cap sixty five thousand, five hundred guaranteed. So if you're fouling the money, that's a drop in the bucket if he doesn't make the team.
Speaker 4: So they and that was like Ronald Jones last year, right.
Speaker 2: And they cut him? Right?
Speaker 8: Did he even make it out of training camp?
Speaker 4: Remember he had a suspension to start the year, one game suspension, I think, and he got he got so he did not make it out of trading camp.
Speaker 5: But he had arrested for possession of marijuana. Okay, I didn't think anybody got arrested for that in only in Texas. Just like nobody in college is ever anymore academically ineligible.
Speaker 8: That doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a rent is about to happen.
Speaker 5: Shot, We've totally devalued the scholarship.
Speaker 8: That's not like that, and they did not.
Speaker 4: Why are they paying these college players?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if you leave, you ought to pay your money back too, by the way, So we talked about the the kind of running back desert there was when the Cowboys would have taken somebody they kind of liked, maybe Trey Benson Florida State till when they got back on the clock in the fifth round.
Speaker 8: But that's not why they signed Zeke.
Speaker 5: They were planning on kind of doing it beforehand, just like when they traded down in the first round. When I interviewed Jerry for the draft party out on the plaza, it was at four point thirty and I said, well, you know, since nineteen eighty nine, you've made seventy one Draft day trades. I said, what are the chances in the first round you're moving down? He goes, oh, eighty percent. So no surprise that they traded down.
Speaker 8: But he talked up Zeke on.
Speaker 5: Friday after that, the second day of picks, saying that he he said, Zeke still has starting qualities about him.
Speaker 8: So we'll see.
Speaker 5: But if I think we were all in agreement last year, they should have signed him and they basically.
Speaker 4: The main problem that Zeke had here in the perception of fans. I think, yes in media is he made is how much money he.
Speaker 2: Made, right, That's all they taught.
Speaker 4: That an economical price.
Speaker 2: Fans act like their money.
Speaker 5: Basically, they signed them one year a max of three two million guaranteed, so it's not like they're paying them a lot. They're just accounting for the rest of his other contract, which is six million in dead money. They're not paying him that they've already given that money.
Speaker 8: They have to account for.
Speaker 6: He it was worth every penny when he was here. I'm sorry, I don't care what they say.
Speaker 5: And I remember Bill saying this last year, and everybody was making such a big deal of him only averaging three point eight yards of carry his last year in twenty twenty two, well before Terren Steele got hurt torres ACL. And let's remember they had a rookie starting at left tackle, Tyler Smith. Tyron Smith didn't get back until after Steele torres Acl.
Speaker 8: In twenty twenty two. I looked it up.
Speaker 5: Before Steele got hurt, he had averaged at least four point one yards a game.
Speaker 8: Or more okay a carry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, prior to the injury to Steal, he had carried the ball one hundred and seventy two times for seven hundred and forty six yards in eleven games and was averaging four point three. After Steele got hurt, he averaged three point six, three point four, one point nine, one point three, and those last two games at the end of the year, I think Pollard was doing most of the work at that so I think everybody got carried away with the three point eight. Uh and just look at what he provides inside the ten, inside the five right blitz pickup and the blitz pick up.
Speaker 4: And how many yards Carrie did Tony Pollard average this year for the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: It ended up being four four point zero and the team averaged.
Speaker 6: Way for number goes to the media's eyes, right, But what I just I'm just glad he's back. I got to say, I'm glad he's back. And when you start looking at narratives in regards of the press and the media and all of that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hope Jerry wasn't listening to that.
Speaker 8: Well, obviously he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad he brought him back.
Speaker 8: And the other thing that stands it out in my mind.
Speaker 5: Was was it the Miami game when they fumbled at the one after Poward had a chance from the one to score and instead of powering through on the love tackle that he tried to bounce it outside.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, my boy.
Speaker 8: What Bill always brought that? That's what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because he didn't think.
Speaker 8: He didn't think, he didn't think. Yeah, he didn't think he was getting the ball. I swear to god, he didn't think he was.
Speaker 2: Because even though okay, I haven't go.
Speaker 4: How do the Cowboys look as far as weapons on all bes right now?
Speaker 7: I first of all, with this Zeke coming back home to the Cowboys, let's go back to his connection with Dak Prescott. That is a vital, vital thing to have on this offense, and that's something that I think is underrated. And so them kind of having that moment to reunite and play again this season, I think that's pretty key as far as our offense is looking.
Speaker 6: I don't think he's the magic pill, but no, you would have to think that last year, going on what you said, especially I'm trying to give Dak some some leadway here, you would hope that he would play better with Zeke sitting there in the huddle next to him as opposed to these guys that of course, he loves his teammates, but when you got Zeke there, you might feel a little bit more secure in that pocket exactly when the blitzers are coming. Maybe you could talk to him on the sidelines. And you know, they were the duo.
Speaker 8: They were the duo.
Speaker 5: They really were so New England. Last year he rushed for six hundred and forty two yards. He had fifty one catch us for three thirteen and I think Bill brought this up last time. Nine hundred and fifty five total yards from scrimmage, playing fifty one percent of the snaps.
Speaker 2: With that team, with that team, with that offense of line.
Speaker 8: Oh no quarterback, Oh my god, right.
Speaker 4: On a four and thirteen team.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: So that's work, man, that's putting in work. That's a professional.
Speaker 8: It's not like he fell off the ledge. Right.
Speaker 4: So, by the way, the last game they played, I went back and looked this morning at it. They played the Jets. It was in a driving snow stream. Man, he's out there and then these stats.
Speaker 2: Count, yes, and he was you know, there wasn't nobody.
Speaker 4: That could run and do anything in that game.
Speaker 8: Sometimes, you know, damn well he was the whole at and T stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you got to look inside the box instead of just trying to put a ribbon on it in a bowl.
Speaker 6: Well, one thing that before we I don't know how long we but here's I have to say about this draft.
Speaker 2: We went for what we wanted.
Speaker 6: We went for the trenches, right, We went for more physical players. As much as I talk about even the wide receiver in Florida, he's a good run, he's a good blocker on you know, in the secondary. So I look for the Cowboys to replaces Brown.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 8: That's it, a physical acrid, that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if he can do Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, all I was saying was I was always worried about us in the trenches, and to me, I think they addressed a lot of that doing this draft.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to look pretty. I don't need a whole bunch of players. We have CD Lamb, we have Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 6: You know, we've got some good we got Ferguson, We've got some good tight ends. We've got enough to me, as far as our specialists positions are to do well, I think we need to be a tougher team and I think it starts in the trenches. We did it with draft a linebacker, and we did it with drafting too offensive linemen. That should really make us make the culture around here back to be what it used to be, especially offensively, be able to run the ball against anybody. And when it comes down to playoff football, we're not up here. We're not trying to be fancy. We're not trying to be big play guys. We're going to grind and pound you to the ground. That's what I want this team to be.
Speaker 5: And guess who's the happiest of this with this draft on what they did Nate and Frisco.
Speaker 4: Oh see that, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Nate had been saying I want to offensive linemen and he got three.
Speaker 8: Three, but two and I want significance? What about one?
Speaker 4: Maybe I wanted I wanted a wide receiver. I wanted my wide receiver in the first round, which is keyon Coleman went, I don't think there's and it's not about just this year, it's for the next four years. So if Brandon Cooks doesn't figure in the equation next year, year of the year after basically, And and you're sitting here because he's never not fit in Yeah no, by me, he's thirty one years old, and you know how long do they last? And I just I feel like even right now, I mean, there's a reason that you gave Michael Gallup this big contract a couple of years ago and gave Cooper and gave up a MARII Cooper. Will you replace Cooper? Let's say, with Cooks, a veteran guy. Where's where's that coming from? That that that second wide receiver that Gallup was supposed to be. And maybe it'll be Gallop. Maybe they'll resigned Gallup now, maybe have to do it after June first. I don't know how that works as far. But anyway, your guy went the first pick in the first pick of the second round, four picks after guiding, and I think that and I we'll see what works out with Guidon. I don't think there's that big of a difference between Guidon and those tackles that they could have gotten in the second round. And I think I think that there was a bigger drop off from the wide receivers later in the draft from what those guys Ricky Piersoll and Xavier Legette and Keon Coleman went right after the guide and pick Xavier Worthy was in there too, And that was a sweet spot to get that weapon, that playmaker on offense that you can put alongside that really adds firepower to it. And I disliked also the Coleman. This his uh, he is so smart and he just has that there's something about him that I think he's going to be a star in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And they're gonna they're not gonna miss a beat with Stefan Diggs gone with him there.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 8: I got a little wait, stop right there, kat, I want to add to what you said. They're one injury away.
Speaker 4: The way they're set up to be in dire straight receiver. That's the That's the other.
Speaker 5: Thing because if one of the top two guys goes down, is Jalen Tobert your number two receiver?
Speaker 4: Plus this guy is CD's cousin.
Speaker 8: Yes, all right, I gotta talk to him. Come back in.
Speaker 2: I got a pop.
Speaker 4: Quiz for ever since. Yes, Okay, we're building the perfect wide receiver. Okay, I want you it can be a current player or a past player. First player that pops to mind when I give you these attributes building the perfect wide receiver?
Speaker 2: Okay, size you're asking me six three?
Speaker 4: No, not need a player, current player or past player who fits that description? Okay size current or past current or past player. Where we're going to be everyone can participate. I want to see how quickly you can build the uh the perfect wide receiver all time? Okay, size does as okay, speed buffies, ty h okay, hands.
Speaker 8: D piss Michael okay, route running, Mark Cooper, Michael.
Speaker 4: Strength, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh Seattle number fourteen. Do you make that.
Speaker 4: Competitor Michael Michael still? Yeah, I got Michael that Michael uh keon Colemo was asked that in an interview I saw, and I was just amazed how quickly he just wrote. It was a pop quizz, just all of a sudden. First it showed me, and then this shows the in these interviews that the teams do, like formal interviews they do at the combine, how you can learn very quickly about a player, just how much he loves the game, how smart he is about the game, he follows it, Yeah, exactly, And so the guy asked him size Calvin. I mean, it was that quick. The answer speed Tyree hands. He thought for a second on hands, and then he went Chris Carter, which I was like, WHOA, route running ty Ty Adams strength, d K, competitor Randy and some of these that quick on each of them, I went, whoa, some of these have finished playing before he was born, exactly.
Speaker 2: Randy.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I wanted to do a little test there and see y'all did a good job with it too. And I agree Michael would I would have on competitor now Randy Moss's, you know, but I would have put Michael in on the Michael, Michael, Brandy is a competitive but yeah, if it wasn't there for for Randy, you know, then it wasn't there.
Speaker 2: But Michael, he was going to make it his. He was going to make it his.
Speaker 4: And you had the same answers on the speed you had Tyreek quickly and fourteen with Seattle DK.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, the grandfather wasn't alive on Boss.
Speaker 4: Mari on route running too good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still good. Yeah, I don't know how it gets open. It's amazing. I went back and saw some of the Dak's big plays. They had them on the in andet or whatever, and just seeing how Mary Cooper he's a genius, not just the way he runs the route, but he puts himself in position to make a play on the ball before it's even thrown.
Speaker 2: I just thought that was amazing to me.
Speaker 6: Some of the Dak's passes weren't that good at all, and somehow he maneuvered itself in between the dB two DB's at one point and was able to catch the ball. He doesn't let them know the ball is coming. They don't know it's coming. He's just running his route. They have no idea if the last minute boom and he's going inside two guys hear each other he's going for a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I missed that guy.
Speaker 4: Subtleties, but he does know.
Speaker 2: And that was the Drew Pearson thing as well. It's the subtleties. That's why a guy.
Speaker 6: That run as slow as he could was able to make the plays that he made. He knew exactly what he was doing while he was running the route.
Speaker 4: That's another category savvy.
Speaker 2: There you go, Bill, and.
Speaker 8: Let me point one more thing out.
Speaker 5: So, during all this talk of leading up to the draft, everybody was sort of upset that the Cowboys hadn't sign Cdie Lamb to an extension. And what I've been saying is the agents with Justin Jefferson and himself, it's like no one wants to it's cat and mouse. No one wants to be the first sign because the other guy might sign for more.
Speaker 8: Well, guess what I found out.
Speaker 5: The two agents, the one for Justin Jefferson and the one and who's in the same boat because he's on a five year, fifty year option deal. His is nineteen, CD's eighteen. They both belong to the same agents, so neither guy wants to be the first to go. It's almost like they're colluding right now. And during one of the interviews, pointed out it's not about just us trying to sign our guy. He goes, there's other things else going on in the league with other teams, and that was what he was talking about. Because Jamar Chase Cincinnati, he's looking for a deal too before the next year he has to play on his fifty year option. And we just saw aj Brown sign for an average of thirty two million dollar extension. So going up, I'm sure everybody's asking for forty and then we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 8: I'll guarantee.
Speaker 6: So let's say you know thirty he said thirty two mil. Is what you just said average three years?
Speaker 2: I got thirty one meal. Then I'm a failure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you're an agent, that's right.
Speaker 5: And the other guy that just signed did thirty somebody signed an extension?
Speaker 8: Oh Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm an agent.
Speaker 6: I can't light my cigar because I got you got one million less?
Speaker 8: Right see? And he signed he didn't even he didn't either.
Speaker 5: He didn't need an extension when they signed him to an extension, and it's going to average I think twenty five million. Well in about three years when he gets into that extension, he's going to be going, well, wait a minute, that guy's making forty. And it's the same thing with the quarterbacks too, by.
Speaker 2: The way, it's the same position you have.
Speaker 4: Anything he goes out with.
Speaker 7: You know what, Next week it's.
Speaker 4: Called you savvy because you're savvy sport.
Speaker 7: Next week, I want to dive into the NFC East and what other teams did in this draft, because you know what, the Cowboys are going to have a lot of other competitors on these other teams. Jaden Daniels out there, Philly drafts three defensive players in the first three rounds, So I want to look at what we are matched up against.
Speaker 4: What trade, what trade? What trade will the Cowboys make with the Commanders before next Monday. Nicky, you heard Jerry at the press conference talk about you got new defensive coordinator here, new defensive coordinator there. And sometimes those players that they inherit, they don't fit the scheme. There's something in the mix there that could be happening where a Cowboy gets traded for a Commander. I don't know, that's what he seemed to be alluding to that.
Speaker 6: And let's not also free number seventeen is on the for the for the Commanders is on the on the on the blots.
Speaker 4: Mcle no, no, no, I'm taking defensive players because you got Quinn and Zimmer with two different style defense.
Speaker 5: And let's not forget with all these running, all these running drafted, some guys are going to be out of a job that you recognize their names.
Speaker 8: So it's not over till it's over.
Speaker 4: Well, we've got a recognizable name that's right here. The eighth round draft pick Zeke Elliott and that does it for a draft recapp edition of Mixed Shots, and we shout at you again next Monday at eleven am, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.