Speaker 1: You're watching anything good, watching season two of Shrinking. You're watching the penguin, the big tall one, Pestal, Pestal, You're just watching videos of that dude.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I love I love that guy. I'm gonna start telling people I'm watching the penguin. I just mean the big tall penguin. Yeah, he's so tall. Yeah, I guess, I guess. So, all right, that's probably something. That's that's something.
Speaker 3: It took me like halfway through that to realize, you guys are trying to get a cold open.
Speaker 4: It's hanging out with me.
Speaker 2: I'm always workshopping. Anytime I'm talking to someone, I'm workshopping cold open material.
Speaker 4: You and Lorne, both of you, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty one, Episode four of Dear Dailies. I guys stay production of iHeartRadio, America's Only Undecided podcast. We're still making up our minds. You know, Trump keeps doing these Univision women's he's reaching out to women's and we're just we're still learning. We're taking in new information, we're processing, but we just we still don't know. So the New York Times hit us up if you want to like throw a viewing party for us or something like that, like you do for other undecided voters. We our phones. The lines are open. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Friday, October eighteenth, twenty twenty four. My name is Jack O'Brien aka put uncle dunk duot dude, Put uncle dunk d put uncle dunk. Do that that one courtesy of Hercule puro ghe progi pracule perogi on the discord. Great name uh in reference to peduncle, one of the great words that I've learned in the past week. It means the main stem. We learned it in reference to pumpkins having a big old fat peduncle stems that. That's why farmers are like, no, we can't, You can't come to the actual pumpkin patch. They got peduncles that you're not gonna be able to deal with. You can't deal with all this peduncle. So that's why they just like have pumpkin patches and parking lots now where they just like buy pumpkins from Kroger and put them in a parking lot. But anyways, I just love that word. My main takeaway, I don't really give a shit that they aren't fake punkin patches, but I do give a shit about the word peduncle, and I like it. It sounds like a description of a big, old dumb guy with a big butt or something.
Speaker 5: I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I am thrilled to be joined once again by a hilarious stand up comedian, writer, actor, improviser, the co host with the mo host. You can catch her on stand up stages everywhere. Check her website at the monthly Facial Recognition comedy show, which she also produces. It's pobay.
Speaker 4: They pay of Paradise and put up a pumpkin patch.
Speaker 2: They did, and they did, and that is America's biggest problem. According to me, an undecided.
Speaker 3: Voter, I'm a political. I'm a political about pumpkin patches. I just don't like to think about it.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really affect me, you know.
Speaker 2: So how are you doing, Paula.
Speaker 4: I'm good. I was recount the horrors of Terrifier three, and now that you will in my eyes.
Speaker 2: So we did a story the last time you were on that. Terrifier three is the number one movie in America. It destroyed the other killer clown movie Joker foll Joker too, and did yeah, Joker, that's right, and you went and saw it and you said it was.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm dedicate my next therapy session to just talking about it because like I don't understand, like a lot of people walked out and the ends, like the entire time. Juckies was like, we can leave if you need to leave, and I was like, I don't know. It was it was definitely the most gory thing I've ever seen, but beyond that, it was like fucked up like but also like and terrifying. It was fucked up, bro like super fucked up, but like all so like terrifying but also like funny in parts, And I was like, what is I it's you.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I can't tell anyone to go see it. But also I will never forget it.
Speaker 2: There's unforgettable. You do sound exactly like the person they interview in a in a commercial for like a horror movie. Yeah, I was shaken. I was I'll never forget it. They just like hut out the parts where you're like why are they doing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, where you seem like existentially troubled.
Speaker 4: I have a lot to think about, honestly, you do.
Speaker 2: I mean you also like mentioned that the killer clown in Terrifier three, you were like, I was actually really impressed with their clowning. Yeah, deep clowning.
Speaker 3: Not like they definitely, I'd be very surprised if they weren't like a fully trained clown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they trained at that school in Paris, where.
Speaker 3: Like like I'm not even kidding, Like, yeah, that's like the best clown work I've seen in a movie in like a long time.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of some of the best clown work, worse rip to be joined by a very funny stand up comedian and writer out of New York City who's written for The Young Ing and Colbert. You can see a stand up special on his YouTube channel, Django Industries. It's Django God.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, thank you for allowing me to bring my clownings you guys. It's funny how clown is just like probably I'm sure you can tell the La scene. It's become such a huge like faction of like the comedy scene. Now there's like, yeah, it's like a clown aissance is happening right now.
Speaker 4: I do want to.
Speaker 3: I want to give credit to Chad Damiani because he is like the link between clowning in LA and stand up and so like there is more more mesh between that those worlds.
Speaker 5: Now, would you say, is a scene dominated by roving gangs of like bully clowns pile out of the car and like surround you town to where.
Speaker 3: Kick your ass while juggling, I would honestly be more terrified of roving gangs of male comedians.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's right, Jo, I didn't mean. I was just saying clown in the way that a high school bully would call someone a clown. When we're saying you speaking of clowns, This next clown has written for a cold bet.
Speaker 4: Okay, so a more demeaning way.
Speaker 5: I just want to make a clown professional and personal clown.
Speaker 2: That's right, clown.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make the audience line.
Speaker 4: That is something I will say. I want to like see more.
Speaker 3: This is so stupid, but I want to see more clowning because because I do respect it as an art form. I back to like all, like all types of performances, I think it depends on the individual performance whether it could be great or not. But I want to see because I do know that sometimes clowning, like people often fall into the thing of like getting naked or eating crazy shit or doing like body stuff.
Speaker 4: And I'm like yeah, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, Like, I want to see more shades of clouding before to educate.
Speaker 2: About those shades of clowning. So I clearly have a lot to learn. I didn't know about the nudity or the muck bang class. Jacks.
Speaker 4: Jack's in now, he's all in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's now. I'm back. All right, Jango, We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a few of the things we're talking about today. So this election at this point, like nobody knows what's going to happen. It's like watching a weather report for a day three weeks in the future. We're just like, I don't know, could be really bad or not. Seems to be Like we talked on yesterday's trending about like this polling article from the New York Times where they're just like, yeah, it could like so it could be like a big miss towards the Republicans, or the opposite could be true. Also, and we're just and these were like they're experts. So anyways, one thing we do know for sure is it's going to be a complete shit show at the polls. Election. Poll workers already being kind of targeted by Trump conspiracy theories, and the same Trump conspiracy theories that are similar to the conspiracy theories that have like militias pulling guns on FEMA workers recently. So it's just like a gnarly situation that poll workers are walking into. And we are going to try to engage the help of unpaid teenagers. Apparently that is a big part of the plan, is getting high school students tovolunteer to do pole working because they can't find enough people who are willing to do it not for a college credit. So we'll talk about that. We will talk about just Trump's recent run of appearances where his brain appears to be melting like cotton candy that someone just dumped a diet coke onto. We'll talk about the headquarters of the place where he makes his six figure watches. That there's a place a company that's based in Wyoming. CNN went there and I just the physical description of the place where these watches are made is pretty incredible. So we'll talk about that, and of course we will talk about tostitos and Dorito's and how they're fighting shrinkflation, but not really all of that plenty more. But first, Jango, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: This is a good one that really kind of encompasses a lot of my my anxieties. But the last thing I searched for was can a radiator catch your mattress on fire? Because obviously, you know, in New York it started started to get cold finally, and the old creaky radiator started up. And the first thing I thought I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna die in the fire. Yeah, this is gonna happen. So I looked up.
Speaker 4: Also, it's very New York that your mattress is basically on top of your radiator.
Speaker 5: That's the thing I could move it away with, I would sacrifice like one third of my bedroom space. So I had to carefully weigh that against whether I want to be alive or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lived in a room so small in New York that my mattress was not flat on the ground. It was like I also just like had three pieces of furniture and I probably could have only had two in.
Speaker 5: The room, you know, And so it need that big that big wood.
Speaker 2: I didn't need that globe. Yeah it was a globe and the other one was just a giant steer wheel from a ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's called interior design.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The heating situation in New York is so wild. It really like is the most steampunk thing that just exists in our Yeah, hot stuff goes through this pipe and the pipe is like growling at you throughout the night.
Speaker 5: It's also wild how hot it gets like at the first Like I feel like in my building that they're kind of like testing out different temperatures. First day, ninety eight degrees. Vietnam can't beat jungle just immediately, just ghost Yeah awful. So they're fine tuning at the moment. But as long as I'll die in my sleep, I'll be a happy camper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: Oh this is a new one for me. So my whole life, I've been like a like an ice cream purist, Like I'm like anti gelata, anti frozen yogurt. My my thinking has always been you know, if you're gonna indulge, indulge all the way full fat. Yeah. Yeah, recently I had a nice little scoop of sorbet and brother sister, I think I might be on I might be on the Sorbet train.
Speaker 2: I think it's sort of pussy. I know, I know, I know, but you said obviously I can't.
Speaker 4: It's a very alpha male of you.
Speaker 2: I'm coming in here saying like sorbet clown.
Speaker 5: It's like it's almost it's like such like a fake food because it's just like pure.
Speaker 4: And I taste like clouds.
Speaker 5: It tastes like clouds. It has no nutritional no fat now at all. It's kind of like it's like you know when the zoo keeper will put like a like a on, like like a puppet of an animal, and I put it in the cage with the put like a ferret puppet. It's like that's like the version of ice cream I'm eating with sorbet. But I do find it quite quite light and refreshing. So that's my underrade pick of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's good. It does make up for any loss of fat with just being the sweetest. Yeah, like the most sugar that you can possibly concentrate into a tiny little spoon. Yea, And I appreciate it for that. That is one of the things I've learned to love about sorbet is it's it's sweeter than ice cream in some cases.
Speaker 5: In any cases, well, it's fruit fruit juice, which is already really sweet, add sugar to it.
Speaker 2: What if this was like way sweeter though, Like so it was like not even a liquid anymore, but like more gelatinous. Yeah yeah, but so wait, gelato is that a healthier alternative to ice cream? I always thought it was just softer.
Speaker 5: It's just your European and you know, as a as a red bladed American male, I naturally assume assume that it's less full, less less fatty.
Speaker 2: Right, it might not be true.
Speaker 3: Silato has four to the usual ten to twenty percent of ice cream, so it is lighter and healthier.
Speaker 5: So there's like an inject air into it to make it puffier. I guess, Okay, not for me.
Speaker 2: Nice try nice, Try Italy, but.
Speaker 3: Watch again, no poc slander against the Italians, okay, my brother?
Speaker 2: Where Italians are considered poc.
Speaker 4: Me and ariana grandi.
Speaker 2: Brandy when when it was our grandfather. It was the grandies, but now it's GRANDI. What is What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Man, I've tried for years to get on board with this, but I think I'm done with buying, nurturing and watching house plants die. I think I'm just done with plants because they just always fucking They just immediately start getting sicker and sicker. As soon as I take them home. They attract they attract bugs. When out of town, I have to have a friend over. It's just too much work and I suck at raising them. So I think might I might be out on the pandemic plant.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's I'm hearing. I'm hearing what you're saying, and I'm hearing you go, come on.
Speaker 4: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: I want anyway that you die.
Speaker 5: It's an situation. But I mean, I don't know how much more love and attention can I give these things and they just wilt. They immediately will. It's suppressing.
Speaker 2: I mean, even in the canopy jungle of your room.
Speaker 5: I know if they can't survive here, they can't they can't make it anywhere.
Speaker 3: I also feel that it might be the widely, vastly fluctuating temperatures probably killing them and also partially you at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's like your room is like the surface of mercury. It's like it's freezing. It's zero celsius.
Speaker 5: I'm certainly not sclaiming the plan. I'm certainly not absolving myself. I've not been a good father figure to these guys. Yeah, almighty. Some of us just aren't cut out for it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need to be like a step dad to a plant first, and then that'll ease you back it.
Speaker 4: You can adopt a plant.
Speaker 5: If I could got another household to raise the plant to maturity, then I could come in and take it to go to see baseball games. That would be ideal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, just fostering a plant situation. Maybe you could be the friend who's watering other people's plants when they're out of town.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can dig that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You're not the step plant dad, you're the plant dad that's stepped down.
Speaker 2: That's right, right, Yeah. Yeah, plants are temperamental. I've had varying levels of success, like California. Southern California is Like I went from Missouri to New York to southern California, and I tried Missouri, and I tried to have a garden in Missouri and I was very unsuccessful. New York didn't even bother like other than like a couple of orchids that lasted a week or so, and then oh orchids. I I I am known in the orchid community. It's like an I am legend situation in the orchid community. Spoiler alert for the end of that movie. But yeah, they they know about me and run when I enter a room. And then Southern You come to southern California and you just like drop an apple by accident and like a tree is growing there the next day. It's just like the most just a verdant place in the world fertile, verdant, other vocabulary words calif Right, Yeah, so I recommend moving to southern California. That might be the easiest problems.
Speaker 5: Move across the country.
Speaker 2: There, you go, that's true. It does they do love a sorbet out here because everybody's vegan.
Speaker 4: H yeah, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 5: Actually, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a nice vegan option for me.
Speaker 3: When people want to go get ice cream and I'm like, but I want to be included. We're like at a at a restaurant they have sorbet often.
Speaker 5: Yeah, its are.
Speaker 2: What are you having pre dinner?
Speaker 5: The three globes of ice? Please, I don't want to I don't want to be Let's give me three globes.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about the news. And we're back, like, how's everybody doing with the election? Like I'm I'm the fear is on me, I said, for like a couple of weeks now the fear is on me. I'm just like having flashbacks to twenty sixteen, reading a bunch of shit about like how the polling can go as in the past, like vastly underestimated Trump. I'm like oscillating between that and then being like, if Trump loses, maybe this is it because his brain so bad, Maybe the whole like open fascism thing will will be gone. But how are you guys feeling? Is everybody hanging in there?
Speaker 5: Feels like we really we like Blake and I we went from like six months out to three weeks out and seemed like it was it just came down the pike real quick, and I was like, oh, the rubbers being the road here, and yeah, I think I think what you're what you're talking about is like kind of my anxiety where it's like the more you read, the less calm you feel, because you just keep on getting all these like contradictory you know, op eds you see and like they'll can you know, I'm very malleable in my opinions. So like any articles like yo, like oh, Harris is a lot for Michigan, Like great, it's in the bag. We're done. And then like it's like, oh, these poles are all nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michigan's over. Yeah, Michigan kiss, Michigan could buy assholes. It's Trump Country.
Speaker 5: The best thing I've been doing for myself is just trying to remind myself.
Speaker 2: That nobody knows anything.
Speaker 5: Nobody knows anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And by saying your opinions are very malleable, that's because you're still an undecided Like yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Well I'm still pretty much in the bag for Cornell West h.
Speaker 2: Yeah that where did that? What happened?
Speaker 5: God damn, he's still going straw man. He can he got a victory, and uh, what's the state you can win? Alaska?
Speaker 2: Oh well that's unfortunately. So I think one of the big things that we know is going to be an issue, is the like what is going to happen at the polls on election day. This was a big concern heading into the twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Election, handing out comedy flyers at the election day, I will.
Speaker 2: Be barking, bring your friends, I'll bring a.
Speaker 3: QR code for my Instagram. They're going to be in line.
Speaker 5: Have assault rifle as well as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah show, that's yeah. I mean that you'll fit in better if you have an assault rifle. I remember having these concerns heading into the twenty twenty election, and that was before they staged an insurrection to try and overturn the results of that election. So and by the way, Trump has recently gone on record referring to the people who were aded on January sixth, says, we like we and we were very peaceful. So that's unnerving. And I think it's just one of the big questions concerns surrounding this election, like, first of all, how safe will it be for them? Second of all, will there actually be any read that first question about how safe it's going to be? Will anybody actually want to do this job? Because there is a massive shortage in poll workers owing to a mass exodus in twenty twenty caused by the pandemic first of all, and then countless Trump inspired threats and intimidation campaigns like that. It was ugly in twenty twenty. Like there, I still remember like some of those scenes in like Detroit where there was just like massive crowds of Trump supporters like chanting stop the count outside of God. Yeah, yeah, they're talking about that. They're talking about the count from Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: He's an immigrant, Get him out of here.
Speaker 2: What's he doing in this election.
Speaker 4: I'm going to take your jobs.
Speaker 5: I want to stop the count.
Speaker 2: The shortage is pretty understandable since more than half of election officials have reported being concerned about the safety of their colleagues or staff already this year. Because yeah, there it's just there's constant like threats. There's a lot of like right wing training happening. So yeah, it's it's not just that like concerns that voting sites will be understaffed. There's also like right wing conspiracy theorists. Theorists are actively trying to use the shortage to install their own pole watchers, as you know, workers in swing.
Speaker 4: States who will watch the watchers.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, so they will watch the watchers.
Speaker 4: They're going to watch.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, all these factoids you're dropping here are not making me feel any better.
Speaker 2: But I know it's not well, yeah's feeling good.
Speaker 4: Well, let me just wreck that for you, right.
Speaker 5: He just check insurrection. My local high school gymnasium is not mind at ease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel like that's I don't know, it feels like a tangible thing at least, but it's like a very scary one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They keep in these like places where they're recruiting and training right wing pole watchers. They're talking about acting as a spy or a trojan horse. That's literally how like a Christian right influencer described his plan. So yeah, yeah, this is specifically what happened. There was there was a usc like there. Their football team is called the Trojans. There's like all their sports teams are called the Trojans. And they had like a warm up video this year where they were like pretending to be in the trophan like they showed a Trojan horse and then like showed themselves and it's like, wait, no, you guys are the Trojans, Like you're the Trojan horse. Foled you it was against to the Trojans.
Speaker 5: Well, these football players aren't much on book learning.
Speaker 2: They're not they're not history majors. But anyways, that's what the Christian rights planning to do. There are safeguards that would prevent these workers from interfering in the electoral process, but their presence will probably lead to, at the very least, a lot of misinformation, which you know, is what we're seeing happen, a lot of like just with her things that straightforward as hurricane relief, you know, just sure Trump and Jade vance hurricane as information.
Speaker 3: What does training entail? Like, like what does it mean? Are they are they getting trained in martial arts?
Speaker 2: Like what they do? You've seen those videos of.
Speaker 4: It's going to like train them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a desert they're doing the the monkey bars and then firing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all these elderly are kicking, kicking some serious ass come to.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing it has very little like physical training and more just like here's where to apply and here's how to make your presence felt even though you're not supposed to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Here's how to use a voting machine that's made in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Right, So people the states have been desperate to hire new poll workers because of this, and they're so desperate, in fact, that in Kentucky they've been putting QR codes on beer cans and wine bottles, allowing people to easily sign up to be poll workers and then presumably it's too late to back out of it once.
Speaker 5: That really is something you wake up like, oh my god, I'm doing I'm doing what this week?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Why do I ever agree to make plans?
Speaker 3: That is crazy that they're trying to get drunk people to sign up because they're like, only drunk people would be would be willing to put their bodies that were Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know who loves waking up early on a weekday alcoholics top of the crack of dawn. They'll be out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure we'll have the best that just election day won't happen because no, he shows up. Nebraska is allowing counties to draft workers to fill election vacancies, sort of how we do jury duty? Yeah, paid though, right, yes they do. How well they get paid is another question.
Speaker 5: That seems to be the solution right there, Just give them more money.
Speaker 3: Okay, but we don't want to do that go wait a second, Okay, no, And also we're going to take away whatever healthcare you have about.
Speaker 2: So they're apparently turning to child labor in this worker shortage.
Speaker 4: Children yearn for the polls.
Speaker 2: They do, so all the young Ruffians with their tiktoks and Sony Discman's Is that right?
Speaker 4: I walk into the tar pits right now.
Speaker 2: You know, the ones that the very people who are fueling the rise of Trump, like the Boomer et cetera, like already hate so much, just NonStop, like it's their favorite thing is to complain about them. That those people are going to be like a sea of those of these children are going to be awaiting the boomers at the polls according to this plan, which I feel like would would be the equivalent of like a bunch of people with ars, Like they would be there to make the Boomers feel safe, but then the children would just they wouldn't know what to do. They'd be pretty furious.
Speaker 5: It's a bad situation where you have like some stone seventeen year old like like counting ballots or being entrusted in carrying a box of ballots to someone's car.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, did you ever like have to do like high school like fundraising work for I think I did it for my basketball team where we like worked at parking lots of like a fish show or like. It was just like they were just hav high school students and be like, yeah, you're doing child labor, but you're doing it for this program that needs money to like pay for gas to go to like the next away game.
Speaker 5: So you just went up to people with like nitrous balloons there.
Speaker 2: Exactly, like worked a bingo hall where you couldn't like see three feet in front of your face from the cigarette smoke. Just like you know, just stuff like jobs that could have been staffed by people and paid for. They were just like, no, we'll just throw these children at it. And it feels like that is the level, like the lowest level of employment that you could possibly have, is like we'll just make high school kids do it because they will think it's like good for their resume. That's like how it's being pitched to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I worked on the last day of American democracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, but it's actually had like all over the country, officials are actively recruiting high school students to become poll workers, and while miners aren't allowed to become poll workers in every in every state a loophole allows for it, as long as they're pre registered to vote.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a whole group of like weird in cell dudes who haven't memorized like the ages that they're allowed to be poll workers state by state.
Speaker 2: In some cases they're paid just like regular poll workers, which I don't think as much because in other cases they're simply asked to work for free pizza because the gig is such a quote resume booster. So surely the solution to this national emergency is not to treat election workers even worse. But that does seem to be the direction that we're going with it.
Speaker 3: I think it actually might be a good thing, because imagine you go with your like ar whatever to the polls. You're this angry Republican and then a fucking teenager just roast the shit out of your shoes, Like what are you gonna do? You know what I mean, You're armed, but disarmed, you know, Like, there's nothing crueler than a teenager who has something to prove.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think a person with a gun, big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of hard to make fun of the shoes of people who are carrying ars.
Speaker 5: But ye, nice gun loser.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna shoot me, you bitch?
Speaker 5: Yeah much getting shot shot out in exchange for two slices of Domino's pizza.
Speaker 2: Right, But it's I mean, it seems like a bad idea in terms of just like accomplishing the thing you're looking for. It also seems cruel when you keep in mind that, like, the reason there's a shortage of poll workers the first place is due to widespread harassment, and we're like just throw miners in that some miners of the problem, and the fact that they're actually like that, they're even selling it as this is valuable life experience if you engage with like a disaffected voter who's mad at you like this is a quote for Caswell students, Dealing with the occasional frustrated voter can be a valuable job skill experience. She said. One of the people was speaking in favor of this plan. It's not the same talking about it in a classroom as it is with a stranger who's coming in yelling at them. She said, they have to learn this is a real this is real life. This happens if I work at McDonald's somebody might get mad, whether they're right or wrong. It's a valuable on the job.
Speaker 3: Training to learn about suffering and danger because it later I will also experience suffering and danger.
Speaker 5: Right, those scam life experiences, right, very bad thing that happens to you. That's a viable life experience.
Speaker 4: It's pretty exposure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Exposure and life experience are on the same boat here. Yeah, I exposed to a mad man with a gun.
Speaker 3: I one hundred percent would have done this to be in like the Honor Society or something like. I would have been one of the kids they duped. I would have been like, yeah, I'll go, I don't care. I'll it's good to add to my resume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good to add to my resume. Just covers so much bullshit. It's I know, they can get you to do anything, and nobody knows. There's like no way to fact check that. Yeah, so I mean jango. As you said earlier, the easiest thing to do would be to pay poll workers like the essential workers they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll you'll have to pay them once a year. Two. For the record, this is a yeah.
Speaker 2: Some poll workers make less than ten dollars an hour, which seems like it's too low. I'm not illegal, but maybe not in right, but yeah, we convert that to pizza. And so now we're doing conversions of dollars into pizzas, which is good math experience.
Speaker 3: You know, if you spend a fraction of your life working at the polls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much? Well you have left a number of states have enacted new election worker protections, but the federal response has just been, I don't know, not great. They put together a special Federal Election Threats task Force, which has resulted in seventeen total charges. There's been over two thousand reports of threats and harassment to election workers and since the task force was created in twenty twenty one, but only one hundred of those were even investigated because like a lot of you know, government enforcement agencies, they are drastically understaffed and underfunded. And then they're like, well, the government sucks at their job. And I was like, well, you put like three people on a thing that requires a full company is worth of people.
Speaker 5: It sounds like they need to hire some teenagers for the investigation.
Speaker 2: I know, exactly, get some tea teenage PI kid detected. I mean if movies have taught me anything.
Speaker 5: Encyclopedia Brown would get to the bottom.
Speaker 2: Thank you exactly. All right anyways, so don't be worried about the intangible things that you can't control. Be worried about all the tangible things that you can't really can't control unless you want to volunteer to be a poll worker, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ask your ask your children if they.
Speaker 3: Want to do you know where your kids are getting the ship getting out of them at the pole?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: God, what a time man when they used to just have an ad at night at like ten o'clock being like, hey, you you have kids, do you remember that?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: Wait, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and we got a daily Zeitgeist update update on a previous story where we talked about how Donald Trump was selling a watch that looked like shit, Yeah, I mean it looked like a gold watch, like a kind of fancy gold watch, but it had his signature somewhere on the face. I think he's selling it for one hundred thousand dollars and it was made like so people were like, where did he suddenly get this watchmaking ability from? And they traced it to a company based in Wyoming, and like when you Google maps it it just looks like kind of a building in the middle of nowhere. CNN actually decided to go to this place that's clearly just a bogus address used by shell companies, and they were shocked to find there was no Swiss watch company. Yeah, and instead what they found was all the.
Speaker 4: Kids making the watches.
Speaker 5: The loop right there.
Speaker 2: That's right. Children. Child labor is the future of this country.
Speaker 5: The tight little figures are good for those gears.
Speaker 2: You know, I really like, yeah they can. I mean they love building with legos. This is just like one step over. You do have to they get a little they get a little careless, and so you do have to, you know, use some motivation tactics that people don't want to know.
Speaker 4: You have to waterboard the kids.
Speaker 2: One, yes, you do with a little juice box. So it makes it to the fact that it's a daycare is so bleak. It's a it's a daycare that shares a parking lot with an H and R block, a Wendy's and a vape and hempsmolk shop. So what a strip mall get your childcare kill yourself in two easy ways. Just need a liquor store to kind of create the full trifecta.
Speaker 5: I feel like there might be there might be a small watch factory in this building.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like Cinderella, where like the animals are doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see, we got to use our imagination here. It's not as bleak as we thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cute. It's probably cute in some way. I'm sure it's cute. In addition to the quote the Best Watches on Earth LLC.
Speaker 4: I like that it's one word. Yes, that's a word, The Best Watches on Earth LLC.
Speaker 2: The address was also being used by the company selling Trump sneakers and a company selling the Best Honey on Earth, all one word, the best on Earth, which sells male enhancement honey. What.
Speaker 4: I don't think men need to be enhanced right now. I think they need to be.
Speaker 2: De hand Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just back it up, you guys are it's too much, too much honey.
Speaker 5: Male enhancement honey isn't very fun. That sounds like like a term for a sex worker or something.
Speaker 3: Also, if it worked, wouldn't the workers like rise up against the queen bee? You know what?
Speaker 2: I mean the male bees working.
Speaker 5: For the bees v ryle worker bees on the market.
Speaker 2: I think it's literally for boomers who are like I don't like pills, They're like.
Speaker 5: Easier to take a little thing of honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, un sweetheart, I gotta dollop the honey into my mouth.
Speaker 2: It's just a normal thing of honey with like viagra sprinkled throughout, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds great. I think I need to get on the get on the horn in.
Speaker 2: My account, does seem like a great business proposition. But I mean, given the address and the similar name, we don't have proof yet, but it does seem to suggest that presidential candidate Donald Trump is selling honey that gives people boners. Which this is the October surprise we've been waiting for.
Speaker 5: There it is that is this good for Trump or bad for Trump?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, people are at this point. I'm so confused, Like.
Speaker 2: I can cure boners?
Speaker 5: Yea man, four more years of this, huh could be good stuff.
Speaker 2: They share the same organizer who just so happens to spend all his time in Puerto Rico and therefore can't comment on any of this. Cannot be reached for comment. Unfortunately.
Speaker 4: But the guy who heads the company, Yeah, our fearless leader.
Speaker 5: The CEO of a Trump Trump boner honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the fact that it's called the best watches on Earth all one word LLC does suggest that it is just Donald Trump in a wig, which we've definitely seen in the past.
Speaker 4: His pseudonym was like Baron something right, John Baron.
Speaker 5: Or yeah, yeah Trump roly is a master of disguise. I like my lawyer to represent me to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fake mustache turns around backwards, comes back. Man's doing what he thinks is a British accent.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm seeing that down here. You guys are right. The honey does just contain portions of viagrant. It's literally a homemade fucking moonshine honey with you grind it in a mortar and pestle viagrant sprinkle into into the honey.
Speaker 2: It's like Mom, yeah, yeah, just like Mom used to make. Yeah. The FDA has warned people not to consume.
Speaker 5: I know, it seems it seems a good idea to eat that sold out a watch factory, just.
Speaker 2: As medicine ground up in it.
Speaker 3: Is like, oh, we're not going to approve your device or like this thing, but they're like.
Speaker 4: Please, I don't want to listen, Please.
Speaker 3: Don't eat the bone or honey, we can't in good conscience like nottic that's right, nice, try the FDA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys just love women.
Speaker 2: And finally Tostitos and Doritos have stepped up to the plate. We may not be able to count on the political process to save us, but we can count on our corporations owned by PepsiCo. So there. There was a period early in the election when Joe Biden remember him, you running for president? And Cookie Monster.
Speaker 4: Remember that as Okay.
Speaker 2: They teamed up to take on shrink flation, and Biden specifically singled out potato chip companies. Man, yeah, potato chip companies selling less chips than the same same size. Bangs.
Speaker 5: Man, it's like, you know, damn.
Speaker 2: By Joe then wandered off curtain somewhere.
Speaker 4: Maybe he has just been high.
Speaker 5: What is like He's had like a sixty year polo career and the capstone on all is like chips are too small bye.
Speaker 2: And I'll be seeing myself out.
Speaker 4: But yet the most relatable aspect of his career, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, honestly, this is something that pisses me off, So I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Happy to every I'm glad he's moving away from like working with segregationists.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, his big stands before. Why can't we all just get along? Man strom? Thurmon was cool, dude, man rock. Anyways, there are reports that Pepsi Cooat is adding more chips into chip bags, including Tostitos, Doritos, and lays, in order to quote fight trink inflation.
Speaker 5: Yes, the hero of the common man.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly. Pepsi co always in touch, They're in touch with my needs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, can you guys stop charging us for water? Shut up and take the chips?
Speaker 5: Well, baby steps, that's what they do. They give us more chips, and they keep charging more for the refreshing beverages. We need to wash them down.
Speaker 2: With yeah, exactly. And they also have to be able to fund those commercials that are responsible for slowly but surely saving our hearts and minds, like the Kylie General one.
Speaker 5: You know, Oh I forget about that.
Speaker 2: That great. They've done their part. They've done their part.
Speaker 4: Kendall Jenner Jack, my god, what how dare?
Speaker 2: What has happened to me? I used to know what was going on in this world? But so it turns out they are putting more chips into bags, they are selling them at the same price. They are also branding them as bonus bags with twenty percent.
Speaker 3: More chip boner bags, and we're gonna mix viagra.
Speaker 2: There will they will be Viagra dusted. So they're advertising that they're adding back the chips they took away, but just calling them bonus chips, which is like stealing someone's wallet and then selling them back their ID and credit cards. Is like bonus bonus wallet, bonus features, bonus collectibles.
Speaker 5: This might be coming out of left field, but I think I would prefer instead of more chips, just one big.
Speaker 2: Chip, I think is okay, No.
Speaker 5: No one big the family can do the fucking cartoon corn thing on the size of it.
Speaker 4: This is unpleasant.
Speaker 2: I don't way towards the middle. Everybody gets an.
Speaker 5: People said the same thing about the automobile.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah running out of earth.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I look on the bright side of life, big chip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cars are sick, and so are big, big old giant chips.
Speaker 5: Thick chips too, half an inch with them?
Speaker 4: How a big big chip? Like how thick? And do you want this chip to be?
Speaker 5: That's thick as the side of my hand. Okay, okay, the big as a medium sized kite.
Speaker 4: You want it kite shaped?
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, I want it to be a diamond shaped. I'm innovating so fast over here that it's changing the parameters on the fly.
Speaker 2: Learn a lesson from the pumpkin peduncle. Just go thick and big and it'll be. It'll stay intact. People will love it, people will come right they Yeah, they're actually kind of doing that at Taco Bell. They just added even biger giant cheese its to like one of their products, sore.
Speaker 4: Just they preach about the cheese it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, brother, They're adding other drunk food into their food. They're literally like doing what a high person would do it at home. They're taking out the middle man, like, yeah, trying to do gummy bears taco I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't think you understand. The demographic that Taco Bell is targeting to is the high person at all.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I guess so that is one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I used to do this show where you would like do a sober set and then you would get high and do a high set, and like every time I left afterwards, the Taco Bell next to it was.
Speaker 4: There was just a huge line of cars.
Speaker 5: It was wild cleaning out like a cartoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no Taco Bell. The big cheese It Crount Trap Supreme is back, and I think I think they've made the cheese it bigger and they might have added a second one.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 2: They were like, not enough cheese it in this thing that is basically wrapped around a giant cheese it.
Speaker 3: Every time I hear about it, talk about item, it's always it's back.
Speaker 4: I'm like, when did they have this?
Speaker 2: That's right, bitches, it'squre.
Speaker 5: Whether there's like pending FDA legislation they had to withdraw their latest monstrosity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the FDA is like, we please don't. We don't advise you to eat this.
Speaker 5: Please stop wrapping this in.
Speaker 2: Uh. The front Trap Supreme that is basically just wrapped around a giant wax cornicopia is back.
Speaker 5: Holy shit, this is I'm reading the distriction of it right now. An a la carte big cheese a cracker sixteen times larger than the Star cheese Cracker. They got my letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've they've incepted. They went into your dreams.
Speaker 5: This is so so crazy.
Speaker 2: If inception exists in real life. I would hope that's what they're using it for. Is just like, Yeah, that's amzing through our dreams and like stealing all our best ideas for fast food concoctions.
Speaker 5: A man, you can buy spiders of course.
Speaker 2: That's that's what they launched with the giant Jesus thing.
Speaker 4: That one didn't put the teeth that fell out of their mouth into.
Speaker 2: That's where they came up with Baja blast is. They were like, what a drink that makes all your teeth fall out of your mouth the moment after you drink it from just like sheer sugar consumption. Anyways, there, it has been reported that PepsiCo is actually not doing this to fight shrinkflation. They're doing it because they want to sell more bags of chips now that it's football season. That's there. We can we believe in anything anymore.
Speaker 4: People, Wow, I can't believe that that's a.
Speaker 2: Football season. There's a lot of gatherings.
Speaker 5: There are gatherings.
Speaker 2: We do be gathering, that's true. She's not wrong about that, folks.
Speaker 3: Anyways, And imagine at this gathering, you and all your friends but into one giant chip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with sixty your book.
Speaker 2: Six of your friends just eating towards the middle and then you all kiss, just kissed.
Speaker 4: Here that attitude moving to l a. If you're into Polecule, cheez.
Speaker 2: It, Pocule cheez It based Polecule, Uh well, Django, such a pleasure having you on the podcast. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 5: You can find me on all the socials. My handle is Django Industries one word and uh yeah, that's pretty much it. There you go, Django Industries. And yeah, if you see me walking down the street, say.
Speaker 2: Hello, there you go. And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: I was glad I saw that prompting emails that it forced me to look back through my Twitter bookmarks and I remembered, have you guys seen the video of the South Korean musician Siage but before he goes on stage, you know I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Where he gets like shot up through the bottom of the stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeahs I revisited that that for all time will be my favorite piece of media. And just being launched in front of forty thousand people in an arena is so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's how I enter the room every time for one of these remote recordings.
Speaker 5: That's that's a picture myself. Yeah, I mean that is the energy you need to have in your day to day life. We'll be a little more like.
Speaker 2: Sign so fun. Yeah, amazing, great, great pick. That's also one of my favorite tweets of all time.
Speaker 5: I'm put in the chat just to exists for Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we'll we'll link off to that in the short notes. Uh, what a pleasure having you as guest co host for a couple of days this week. Where can people find you? Follow you? And is there a workimedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 6: I'm at Paula Vinala and p A L l A b I g U n A l A and Facial recognition comedy. It's tonight, I guess October eighteenth, ten thirty pm the comedy for I saw a tweet that friend posted at Klugan's k l o O g a n s says, I have an area in my backyard I call the big stew. It's a pit I dug where I dump old batteries, gas, household chemicals, doctor pepper.
Speaker 4: I stir it once a month.
Speaker 3: And then someone quote you to that with Charlie from Always sunny like with the sea trouble pretending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the big stew beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's great. I hope that's true. I hope they really do have just a little place for toxic sludge, for like brewing toxic sludge.
Speaker 3: I have a zip block bag of electronics that I'm always like, I got to dispose of this in a responsible way. So I just have a growing pile of bad electronics to.
Speaker 2: Steer into the curve and dump some diet pepsi in there.
Speaker 4: Blasted back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: They'll dissolve all those old cell phones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. A tweet I've been enjoying from Josh Gondleman, friend of the show, Josh you tweeted billion dollar idea Santana Rob Thomas remixes of smooth but about other kinds of weather. Just instead of it being a hot one, you'd get like, you know, it's a cold one money and the radiators are radiator Yeah, I mean the songs. I would listen to all of them, you know, be because I need to play that song before leaving and popping through the floor side style. That's the song that gets me going, but sometimes it just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, can I say something.
Speaker 3: I had a huge crush on Rob Thomas from match Buck to Twenty when I was growing up, But I also I also didn't realize he was different than the director Rob Thomas.
Speaker 4: So I was like, that's this guy? Is that if you know Veronica mars and Smooth, what's it? I was like, incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've definitely blended people. I can't think of the example, but I've like blended people, not even people with the same name.
Speaker 3: Sometimes people did that with Michael Jordan, like they thought he was the guy who was invested in private prisons, but that's like a white guy from like Oregon, and so they were like, well, Michael Jordan's actually bad, right, but he's not.
Speaker 5: Well, I was a kid of Michael Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson sometimes blurred together, which is a crazy life if you think about it.
Speaker 2: I want to run. That guy was on.
Speaker 3: I feel like that makes Prince from Dave Chappelle's stories because Prince football, right, So I feel like, not heresy against the Prince Purists, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Al talent basketball ballin.
Speaker 2: All right, You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fanpage on a website daily Zeitgeist dot com. Or post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. A super producer Justin Connor, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's Friday, so I wanted to recommend a banger of a track for you all to start your weekends right. This is a collective of bilingual artists out of Australia and they switch rapidly between English and Korean over some amazing beats. It's some really fantastic production going on. This is a group called one three hundred. It's spelled out as the number thirteen hundred and this is a track called No Caller ID and you can find that song in the footnotes.
Speaker 2: All right. The Daily zeit geis is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit Yeah Heart Radio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this week. We are back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend. We'll have a weekly Zeitgeist with highlights from this week's episodes that you can check out over the weekend, and we'll talk to you all then. Bye Biche.