Speaker 1: Make sure you're telling the watch out of Florida, Maloria, Mayora. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey. The Florida man attacked NATM for very straight the Practice club. Bitch you donkey other day with M. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Yeh donki today from Monday, December eleventh, let me.
Speaker 2: Make sure that's today. Go to a Florida woman named Shana Hudson.
Speaker 1: Shane is thirty nine years old and Hell's from the Great state of Florida. What does your uncle Shalla always tell you about the Great State of Florida. They're craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today there's no exception. This is the season, okay, the holidays, the most wonderful time of the year. But it's a season full of financial pressure. And I want to be the first to tell you to release that pressure. Be for real with everybody in your life about your financial situation, acc your wage.
Speaker 2: If you don't got it, then you don't got it.
Speaker 1: And if you keep that mentality, you won't end up doing anything to fit to get it, because that's what happened to Shane and See shanea decided that even though she could afford to get her kids presents for Christmas, she decided those presents she already had, they just weren't enough. Shana wanted more, so she came up with what folks are calling a grinch like plot to get it. Let's go to NBC two News for the report.
Speaker 3: Please TV's tucked under the sheets, fishing poles and a pile of clothes and nestled behind the dryer a basket full of bath and body works, Lee Kenny Jeopardy's checking their list and counting it twice, finding nearly every single item Shanna Hudson originally claimed was stolen Lee Hiaker's home Monday night. She wouldn't explain why. I first met Hudson on November twentieth. That evening, she told me someone broke into her home through a back window, swiping away thousands of dollars of gifts that she just bought for her kids.
Speaker 4: Hey, fishing poles, they took some clothes, got clothes for my five.
Speaker 2: Kids, all of it gone.
Speaker 3: Her story, then Christmas is ruined.
Speaker 4: I want my kids to have a decent Christmas. Banow, they don't have a Christmas at all because some thief came. Is so far, turn yourself in and bring us back our stuff so me and my kids could have a good Christmas.
Speaker 3: They didn't need to turn themselves in because deputies, say Hudgeon had them the entire time, and anonymous tips the leading jeputies to a relative's home Monday evening and then the Hudson shops where they arrested her.
Speaker 2: They is you. They need to turn themselves in. It was her the whole time.
Speaker 1: What's that saying, Oh, when you have a tangled weave, you will practice to deceive or something like that.
Speaker 2: Shanea didn't have to do any of this.
Speaker 1: She already had presence, Okay, the reported stolen items she hid at another family member's home. There are people out there right now who can't afford to even buy presence at all. Okay, to lie about what happened to you, Shana, and take advantage of a system that is in place to help the less fortunate. Because there was some people who showed up for her salute to the Lehigh ACA's American Legion and the Sheriff's office shop with a copy came through in the clutch when they saw you know, her story. They raised money and was able to you know, get her presence. So they did what they were supposed to do. They just did it for the wrong person. What's bad about situations like this is you potentially make it harder for the next person because they're gonna be even more strict and maybe even you know, hesitant to help folks because of.
Speaker 2: What Shanea did to them.
Speaker 1: Not to mention, this is a prime example of this generation not being okay with not having and not being appreciative of whatever it is they do have. It's really that simple. Shana already had presence for her kids. You heard all of the things that they listed, fishing poles and televisions. But that wasn't enough. Because I guarantee you she was already thinking about how this is going to look on social media Christmas morning. She was thinking about the look in her mind. It wasn't enough. What she had wasn't enough. That's why greed isn't a financial issue. It's a hard issue. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: It implies that greed is not solely about accumulating wealth from material possessions. Or rather her reflection of ones and her values, desires and mindset, and sh your mindset, at least in this moment, was just devious and you can't even see it because greed makes you blind, and you probably don't even realize you did something stupid, because greed makes you foolish. And I'm glad they are using the term grinch like to describe Shanea because there are two types of holiday spirits, those of us who are just filled with gratitude and loving the holiday season, and then there are those who are mad that everybody else is happy because they're not happy and they want to find a way to steal someone's joy. And most of the time folks aren't happy, it's because they simply don't have what they want during the holidays. If you don't have it, just accept it. Be thankful for what you do have, even if that's just life, okay, And please don't think of evil ways to take what's not yours like Shana did. Please give Shana Hudson the sweet Sounds and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the doge.
Speaker 4: Of the day, all the day.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with poems formas why the kids just can't.
Speaker 1: Get what they already had exactly, especially when you live in Florida. People like Shane ha scared me though, because you're gonna get on TV talking about you need to turn yourself in.
Speaker 2: Knowing Dan well as you. People like that scared the hell out of me.
Speaker 1: Is one thing to commit the crime, But when you get on television and tell somebody they need to turn themselves in, knowing you're talking about yourself, you.
Speaker 2: Need to be committed. Man, all right, you need to be committed. Well, thank you for that, Donky today, sir. Now, when we come back, Jasmine Crockett will be joining us. She's the US representative from.
Speaker 1: Texas's Texas's Texas thirtieth Congressional district.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk to her when we come back, so don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club.