Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is stevej Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We got Lola Rosa feeling in for Jess and also our nephew was gonna our nephew.
Speaker 1: With us today.
Speaker 3: Wow, shut up? You always gotta fight Dominicans? Why why do you always gotta fight with a Dominican? That's wow. Wow.
Speaker 4: We got a special guest in the building. We got I d K. Welcome brother. How you feeling man.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good man. It's good to be here.
Speaker 5: The first time I came here, I came a little too late and I wasn't able to do the interview.
Speaker 1: So everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 3: Happy to have you, brother, that's right, hearing your name for a long, long, long time.
Speaker 6: How was the show with g easy?
Speaker 3: How's the tour going so far?
Speaker 5: So good Man been real cool And he actually brought me on my first run ever in my life, like in like twenty fifteen or something like that.
Speaker 1: So it's like full circle, you know.
Speaker 2: So for people that don't know who I DK is, where you from, this is the first time some people are hearing you give them a breakdown where you're from, what your name stands for.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, so it's I d K from the d m v PG county in Maryland. Specifically, you just said you.
Speaker 4: Were from Queens the other day.
Speaker 7: Now and Germany, y'a not going to do this.
Speaker 3: I'm an army.
Speaker 6: My family from Florida.
Speaker 8: I grew up in Maryland. I went to me high school. I'm from Severn, Maryland, so don't I went to move. I moved to New York for college. I've been here eleven years.
Speaker 5: That kind of sounded like me, like I was born in London, but I came to America when I was like two years old, so I grew up in the dmv PG county. I DK stands for ignorantly delivering knowledge.
Speaker 7: I've always liked that acronym because I totally understand what you mean when you say that, because I always say, you got to be the perfect balance of ratchetess and righteously delivering knowledge is like saying I got to put the medicine in the right.
Speaker 1: Right kind of like that. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: I was actually in prison when I came up with that acronym, and so I was in the state prison when I was younger, and I came up with the acronym ignorantly Delivering Knowledge because I wanted people to be like, what does I d K stand for?
Speaker 1: Like does that mean? I don't know?
Speaker 5: And I always feel like if I prompt somebody to ask a question and I answer it, you're more likely to remember it than me just telling you you feel me?
Speaker 4: Why did you get into rap?
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, I was going to say, you went to you mentioned prison? Yeah there, you went to prison the same year that you went to college.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, one of the times I went, because it was yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So let's talk about the first time.
Speaker 9: And then I want to know how the whole I'm going to college but then I end up in prison, Like what's that story?
Speaker 6: How does that try?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: First of all, I come from like a West African background, so my mom, sincerely all, my dad from Ghana. I'm literally the first person in my family to get locked up.
Speaker 4: But that's not a good thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, but also first person prison is not a good thing. Fair, But you know, I turned it around, so at the same time, that's true. But yeah, that kind of was like something like you know, when I was seventeen, I got jammed up, had some charges, you know, stuff to do with you know, you know, robberies and guns and things like that, and then pretty much I went to prison of jail. But the thing was I was on I got sentenced to fifteen years suspended the three and they allowed me to do it on home detention, but getting in trouble on violations and technical things.
Speaker 1: But you made me, Yeah that's how I When did you start rapping?
Speaker 4: What made you say?
Speaker 2: You know what, I want to lead the streets alone and focus on this rap career.
Speaker 5: I mean the first time I got locked up, I realized it wasn't for me, like right away, like I was like, no, no, I can't do this.
Speaker 3: So you know you went back through more times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was like violation technical stuff. It was like I'm not judging coming no, no, no, no, no times judging technical though. It wasn't like I kept doing things. It was just violations and stuff like that. But basically the last time I was in before I went in, I was listening to like Kendrick Lamar and like Jay Cole, and you know where I'm from, people don't really listen to that. But I had a friend that went to like fam you and he would come back with like more I would say eclectic rap, and I was like, oh man, people rap like this, That's that's interesting. So I remember being in prison. I was a tutor, so I helped people get their GEDs, and also it was a barber, and I just remember I would just write music and everybody would listen, like see me like bobbing my head right, and they'd be like, yo, spit rap, like like I ain't know you rapped like and so one day I just did it, and I was like, man, if I could make people that's pissed off in prison like music, maybe maybe it'll work for me when I get out.
Speaker 3: What lifestyle changes did you make?
Speaker 7: Though, because you know, my dad used to always tell me, if you don't change your lifestyle, you gonna end up in jail, dead or.
Speaker 3: Broke, sitting on the tree. What lifestyle changes did you mean?
Speaker 5: I just started feeling like I needed to actually get a job, So when I first got out, I didn't care what it was. Actually my first job was McDonald's. I was proud to go to McDonald's and word up to be honest, like because I was like, man, I got a job, I got like, you know, some type of purpose, like let me try to just turn this around.
Speaker 1: So that was like probably the first big one.
Speaker 5: And then trying to go to school, like I was going to PG Community College, So getting back in school was another thing.
Speaker 8: But for the first time that you went to jail, what would you attribute like the why to Would you say it was like the internet? Would you say it was just your environment?
Speaker 1: So it was the want for love.
Speaker 5: Like my parents loved me, but I didn't know how to comprehend the way they gave me love. Right, So I never got great grades. I grew up middle class, but I was surrounded by the hood and I went to school in the hood, so I identified more with the people that also didn't get good grades, and that that comes with a lot of stuff because they coming from different backgrounds and they doing different things. So I felt like whenever I would do something bad, they would show me respect, and that was the love that I wanted.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you got had the explanation quick, because saying you want to go to jail for love is crazy.
Speaker 5: No, right, I'm glad. I'm glad that like you understand like this nuance.
Speaker 1: That you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So I was going to ask, you know, when you started rapping, what did your family say at first?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Were they behind you the whole way? They was like here, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, No, it wasn't as bad as you would think. Yeah right, it was like how much worse could this be? They couldn't get no worse than what I already did.
Speaker 5: So my mom was just happy I was doing something positive, got you, you know. But she she passed away. She never she never got to listen. Well, she's got to listen to my music. She heard it once and she was like, but she would brag about it, but she would never listen to like to Like, my mom till she passed never heard me curse, Like I never said a curse word around her, But in my music.
Speaker 8: What does it sound sound like at the time, because you really dibble and dabble in all different genres, all different sounds.
Speaker 3: So what did she hear?
Speaker 5: A lot of cursing, a lot of bad words, like a lot of rap like I was just you know, just rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it depends on how you because like again, the whole ignorantly delivering all this thing. Depending on how you first hear me, You'll think I'm one thing and it might not be that.
Speaker 7: You know, and you're growing in real time, right, cause's like it's your fifth studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this would be my fifth one. Yeah, what's the what's.
Speaker 7: The evolution of id K Ben from that first project to know?
Speaker 5: It's like just this this idea of like finding like what I actually want to express sonically. So I feel like I've always been dibbling, dabbling, dibbling and dabbling in different types of music, but this now is more like I'm creating a sound, like a feeling.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like taking like a certain melodic like element and then trying to put like different drums around it, maybe to switch the genre up, but the feeling is constant, consistent. That's probably the biggest thing that I've grown into now.
Speaker 4: On is He Here? Is He Real?
Speaker 1: Album?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at some of the features on it that people don't know. You had DMX on that album.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that was Actually it's so funny because I have something with him that we're getting ready to put together. But on that album specifically, it was something that I sampled a prayer he did but I had to chase him down like at south By Southwest and pull up on him to get it clear, like yo, yo, I'm alrighty K. So I had to find him.
Speaker 4: How was that conversation?
Speaker 1: He know who I was at that time?
Speaker 3: Are you on the Prayer album that they got drop?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not on that? The feature for him after those, so he got to know who I was after that. I did a feature for him prior to him passing.
Speaker 4: Did you have a relationship at all?
Speaker 5: Like small, like just kind of through like you know, people that we knew and things like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 9: A conversation like when you ran up on him and it was like, hey, I'm trying to get this cleared.
Speaker 1: He was like it's done, literally just like that, like you go to the bullshit. He was like, all right, who I gotta go? Yeah, basically pretty much and he got it done.
Speaker 7: On the coolest What is I know that I knew? I was called bravado and in timo, what does timo me?
Speaker 5: It's like, uh, the Italian word for intimate, So bravado is like kind of like bragged oshs, you know, talking about stuff. But the intimo part is where it comes from like like a lot of like why I care, Like I like, you know, wearing certain things, and I like, you know, style things like that, And it comes from the like being made fun of when I was like in the sixth grade but not having certain things. And I just remember being like a kid going to school depressed because I know they're gonna make fun of me. So I remember ninth grade. That's before I started getting into trouble and you know, and getting money. I literally said to myself, I will never be made fun of for dressing that ever again, for the rest of my life. And that's that's explains the bravado side, because the bravado side is you just see it. You just see the floss and all that. But the intimo side is where it comes from.
Speaker 3: So and then you get money and realize you don't even care about clothes.
Speaker 5: Like that, right, that also starts to happen too, you know what I mean, Like it's like you like stuff, but like people put me in a fashion world because I do a lot of stuff in that world, but it's not by choice, Like I just know people they like what I do, and you know, and then they just asked me to do things, but I don't try to do that get you could just do it, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Now another feature, you had Kanye West on the song Celena and TRAPPI.
Speaker 5: Well, no, that was another sample situation where pretty much we got that was a crazy one because it was a jay Z song initially, so it was everybody had to kind.
Speaker 9: Of that process, like because Kanye is kind of hard to it wasn't as fast as the DMX.
Speaker 5: Well maybe, yeah, it took a little while actually, but I'll be real, like, Yay has reached out to me and I've I've hung out with him multiple times, like, so you know, it's not that that one is a little different that I remember when I dropped is he real?
Speaker 1: I was with eighty eight Keys.
Speaker 5: And uh and and and and eighty eight comes up to me and passes me the phone from my unknown number and I answered and it's like Yo, it's Yay And I'm like oh, and he was just like I've been hearing about your album. It wasn't out at the time. He's like, man, at some point today, I'd love to connect with you. And next thing you know, I was in Calabasas, uh, just hanging out at the crib you know, so yeah, yay yay had had shown love and I've actually like linked up him a.
Speaker 8: Couple of times on a new project. What would you say is your favorite record?
Speaker 1: Miles Trumpet?
Speaker 5: I like that one a lot because I'm singing, you know, and I'm like kind of like that's a beat where I listened to it. I'm like, I hear Griselda on this beat, so instead of doing what they would do, let me just sing.
Speaker 6: It seems like a fan favorite too. I really like Check. I feel like Check.
Speaker 8: It's braggadocious, it's swaggy. Yeah, but on it well, first of all, actually the music video who came up with the concept for that? Like why is it just a girl shaking her ass the whole time? I'm really trying to like what are you giving?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: The great part about that one is like ignorantly delivering. Now it's just a juxtaposition, like when I hear that beat in that song, I'm really rapping, so you don't really see that happening, but there has the I think the rhythm is what I wanted to articulate by having her do that. You know, because you listen to it, you don't think you could do that to that song, but then when you see it do it, you realize you can, you know. So that was what that was about.
Speaker 3: Were you a fan of out Davis all your parents.
Speaker 1: Were, Well? Yeah, I mean, like I have, you know, records from him.
Speaker 5: But I'll say this, I've heard a few different things, and everything that I've heard from him has made me feel a certain way. But I do need to dig more into what he's got going on, because I did see some stuff from like the documentary and stuff how he would switch his bands around and all these things that, you know, I thought that was inspiring. But yeah, I want to talk about the No Label Academy, Yeah, that you did at Harvard. Yeah, so Charlamagne loved this too because you did two lectures on mental health.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why did you feel like that was so.
Speaker 1: Important to do? Well?
Speaker 5: So the class is ten day experience that people from all around the world. Students apply and then we pick about twenty to twenty five of them, and then I teach the class and it goes from branding, which I call story in vision, to financial literacy to team building and mental health is the last day. And we taught that at the Medical School at Harvard. I think mental health is really important because I always say this, like, as human beings, we've evolved socially a lot of so many different times since like you know, they say we're about three hundred thousand seventy five to three hundred thousand years old, like what we are biologically, we've evolved I think way too much socially to keep up with where we are biologically. So when you fame is something we created. That's not something we were built for or made for. So like a lot of times people deal with fame in a way that could be detrimental. And I think that people don't teach the aspect and the importance of mental health when they're actually pushing them to be famous, you know. So for me, this class was supposed to prepare you from a bi business perspective for what you or the artist you're working with could be dealing with once they get in the game. And I think a lot of the times labels will see like, oh, this person's hot, they come from this neighborhood and all that. Yeah that's cool and all that, but like and then they not ready for corporate the corporate like they're not understanding what that is. So now you're expecting somebody who's manager might be like just homeinge to know how to move within a corporate setting and be successful and then sustaining that sustain that success. I think that creates a lot of problems for a lot of different people.
Speaker 2: You know, how has your mental been you know, because you talked about kids making fun of you back in the day. Yeah, and now being on social media is times a thousand is as far as the amount of commons. Sometimes people just say negative stuff just to try to get a reaction. So how you deal with social media now?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I lost my mom. She died from you know, HIV complications from that, and I didn't know that until after she passed, so I never had that closure of being able to talk to her about it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: So when you look at that kind of stuff, and then you look at like what I've been through with prison and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, like I'm kind of primed for It's like it doesn't really get much worse.
Speaker 3: You've been through real shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So for me, it's like second nature almost dealing with some of the stuff that's nothing to me. When they like COVID, I'm like I was just I was actually on twenty three lock twenty three hour lockdown at one point, like this is nothing to me with a book, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So for me, like I love a.
Speaker 10: Good quarantine, yeah right, yeah, so to me, it don't really get much worse.
Speaker 5: So so you know, I just try to like figure out how to express that to people who haven't gone through those things. That's what my class is mainly for when it comes to that aspect.
Speaker 3: I like what you said too, because I never thought about it. But it's true.
Speaker 7: Fame is a social construct, and nowadays everybody thinks they're famous.
Speaker 5: Not on need that everybody kind of is because you got to think about it. If you have social media, when you post something, even if it's just the local before.
Speaker 1: You, they had to see you do it.
Speaker 5: Right now, you can just be like, yeah, I was, I went and ate this ice cream at so and so, and then people comment like, ah, why'd you get that flavor?
Speaker 1: Like that's what everybody.
Speaker 5: Has, some form of fame if you have social media, And then you think about high schools, like the popular kid in the high school would be popular when they walk in school, or maybe certain things happen after school. But now it's like, oh yeah, he got fifteen hundred followers and the school was like three thousand people, so that after school, you know what I mean. Like it's just like, so everyone's dealing with some form of fame right now, and I think that that's an issue.
Speaker 7: And I feel sorry for these kids because it makes them overthink everything. Example you gave is like you shouldn't be having a question. Nobody should be questioning you about the flavory ice cream you want, right, you don't want to get, but every single thing you do is question. So therefore you're questioning every single thing you do in your mind, every little mundane thing you do.
Speaker 3: You're overthinking it.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like, biologically we haven't evolved, but socially we're constantly evolving, and we're dealing with AI and all these things starting to happen. It's just it's only going to get faster and faster.
Speaker 6: And that class at Harvard, that's the class that Virgil came to.
Speaker 5: Yes, Virgil before he passed, He's supposed to speak for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: He spoke for an hour thirty minutes. Yeah, shut out.
Speaker 9: So you saw the that this happened, like a few months ago, almost a few months ago, when the Blue Star Alliance acquire Off Whitey. Yeah, yeah, and so people, I know you said you don't like being put in a fashion lane, but I just will love to get your opinion on that, because people were upset about that because they felt like it was going to devalue the brain and what Virgil that worked for.
Speaker 5: How you think about that, Well, you know, whenever, whenever art meets commerce, it's always going to get watered down. If I signed to a record label, there's songs that are better singles than the song that I might believe because of the range of entry points people could have to that song. You make that decision once you decide to do art, because we could do whatever art we want and be homeless if we okay with that, that's cool too. I say that to say with that particular situation one, I don't know the details to it. I don't know too much of it, but the idea that something could be watered down, it depends on the details of the deal and what they got going on and who controls what. I think that that came from Virgil's brain at the end of the day, and Virgil is not here, So there's always going to be some type of difference, right, But yeah, when art mes commerce, that's what happens. You know, it's a battles t when I always look at everything is don't look at it as an on and off switch, look at it as a percentage.
Speaker 9: Knowing him personally, do you think that Virgil will be happy with like just where off White is right now today? That's also been a conversation too. They've had like different leadership in and out and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: You know, there's people that are friends of mine who could answer that question far better than I could, because I don't have enough of it. I didn't have that relationship with him where I would know what happiness is actually to him when it comes to that brand.
Speaker 1: How did you meet that? He followed me.
Speaker 5: I did the cover GQ's uh British GQ and it was a Louis Vuitton exclusive, and so I debuted the NBA collab that they have and from there he followed me. And then I got a made back and brought it Virgil. No, I got one, just regular one, and then he was like, welcome to the club.
Speaker 1: And then that we started talking.
Speaker 3: From I got to slide out with it was a pleasure meeting.
Speaker 5: Of course your headlines and maccolate, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You to you, to you too a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Man, Now has the industry changed since you first came out and did your first mixtape?
Speaker 4: How have you seen how things change? Because you know, usually when.
Speaker 2: Artist first do the mixtape is their core. They only care about their core. But now it's something different. Now you're looking for a radio record. Now you're looking for something that's gonna go on the charts. Now you look for those things. So how has things changed for you?
Speaker 5: I mean, look that when I first started, like streaming wasn't really a thing like that, Like it was still kind of iTunes and people reviewing the song or album or whatever. Things have changed a lot because people and the algorithm dictates a lot of what what a lot of the decisions you could potentially make. So now we're in a place where we could, like think a song sounds like a single, but that doesn't matter anymore. Like you know, I can't rely on like DJs to break the record the same way as before.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like this is.
Speaker 5: The record based off of the algorithm and streaming and the fans. So now we push it. You know, I think in a lot of it's good. In a lot of ways it's not good.
Speaker 4: That makes it difficult.
Speaker 2: But you know, the DJ now he follows an algorithm, He follows what people are listening to, what's streaming, instead of just you know, what somebody's feeling, which makes it difficult. And being from the DMV area, how difficult is it for that, especially being a rapper. You don't really see too many from the DMV rap that a huge, but there's a lot of talent in the DMV area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I think I was just talking to Jaha and No Idea about this, like they were like, Yo, you know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: What's your situation?
Speaker 5: One you don't have If you look at rap, there's a lot of people who have some kind of co sign by somebody that they're aligned with, especially when you make the type of rap that I make. And then another thing is if not that at least they have like a really big city that they're coming from. That's huge in music. And right now we're growing obviously in the DMV, but it isn't like New York or Atlanta or La Right, So it's like they basically, it's like, yo, you kind of have to make your own way in a way that a lot of people don't. Not saying that people don't make their own way, I'm saying like, in a way that most people don't. And I thought about that and I was like, wow, actually there is you have a point. The good thing I'll say about where I'm from, though, is when it comes to originality, there is a lot to pull from.
Speaker 1: There's a huge culture.
Speaker 5: I come from, Go go That's why I started doing music, Go go bands and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So you got a lot to pull from. And when it does work and when it does break, it's going to be beautiful. However, you know, you know, you got to roll up your sleeves. You know, you got to remain poised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like the DMV area doesn't get heard like it should, you know, And I honestly, if I didn't go to Hampton, I would have never understood the DMV area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you.
Speaker 2: See all this like wile that took a long time to break through, or even push it that took a long time to break through. It's like it comes so last with the respect and I think because it's such a small area but a big area.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, it's a melting pot of a lot of beautiful things, you know. And I think that like there is a certain level of i say, like segregation within the type of thing that you may do versus the type of thing this person might do. But I think when we find when we figure out how to kind of bring it all together, that is going to also I always I have this theory we when the Commanders start winning, we'll start to see our industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so. I think. I think it's, you know, around the corner.
Speaker 9: Like that's la like la. Everything is so celebrity. They're the team, so they celebrity lifestyle.
Speaker 8: So the only reason why I don't think that's going to be a thing is just because the DMV just doesn't have the structure for it. Like we don't have home base for media. I had to go to New York to do media. We don't have a home base for artists, like we have recording studios, but industries you want to make get La Atlanta New York like to actually be a part of an industry algorithm.
Speaker 5: So I agree with you from that perspective. But the one thing I will say is that's the industry part of it, but artistically sound wise, right, that's the first thing that has to happen regardless, right, And I think that there are people that are willing to travel to kind of get those other things done.
Speaker 1: I think that, like, like just.
Speaker 5: Even recently, like they got like El Cousto with the song and then Earl Sweatshirt was on it and then it started blowing up and I remember I saw the Earl part of it and I was like, this sounds like he like rapping, like he's from the city.
Speaker 1: Like this really sounded like.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that the dude whose song he was on was from you get what I'm saying. So I think like that opens people's eyes to the sound. And I think that or ears and I think.
Speaker 6: It's a good thing.
Speaker 8: Like I think the lack of the industry is a good thing because it keeps us having a regional sound or a regional flavor and a lot of cities like that because they have those outlets.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And also look man rappers they saying right now, rapp is very regional like base, like they've got people in France that's the superstars now and they ain't looking at what's happening in New York to see who the superstar is now, you know, So I think building on that is probably one of the most important things now.
Speaker 2: Coming up in the d n V area, where those artists having open arms for you, like like a Wile or Push.
Speaker 1: Ready to push.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got like two of Yle brought me out, Like the first year I started popping, he brought me out to do his Wile and Friends show. I remember that he's one of the first to embrace me Push.
Speaker 1: I had to push Push.
Speaker 5: I feel like follow me on a gram and we just kind of was chopping it up and asked him for a record and he's like, I got you and he sent it through. I got definitely got embraced. I think that the thing is that, like again, it's kind of segregated in the sounds, so certain people only listen to this sound and then certain people are more open to other sounds. I think as we start to progress that that'll change, hopefully, But that's that's what i'd say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, you sit on this project. Once you turn forty, you retire, and you disappearing Like is that really the angle?
Speaker 1: I don't know. If I'll disappear.
Speaker 5: But I think that while I retire, people think I mean like stop rapping, and I don't know if I mean that. I mean right now, I'm constantly competing with myself to do better every time, like to the point where, like, you know, family may get neglected.
Speaker 1: I don't, you know. I talk to my family on.
Speaker 5: Like like like the holidays and stuff I don't like my Grandma wants to hear from me more and things like that.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, every day, Nah, not every day.
Speaker 5: Like I'm not even in the mental space with how I view success to be able to tap into that every day every day? Is what can I do to make sure that when I'm forty my family. I don't have kids or anything yet, and I'm not in a relationship.
Speaker 8: But in Billy, everybody thinks, y'all dating?
Speaker 1: What dating Billy? No people. I did see something one time about that, but I don't that was like a while back.
Speaker 5: Okay, nah, yeah, she's an amazing, amazing artist. But yeah, like when I get.
Speaker 6: Uh, you already talked about this, so you knew people thought.
Speaker 1: That I said that said people said it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sure, But I guess it's because they were trying to piece together like photos and I guess the way, which was crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it's not my house, girl in my house. I don't know what they talk about. Yeah, I think she posted stuff you know me and things like that, and I'm just one relationships to that's interesting too, like but no, I'm just trying to make sure that when I am forty and I decided to it's like everything is structured and laid out for me in a way where I can actually do that comfortably.
Speaker 4: So until then, you know, I mean Billy Alice's single though.
Speaker 6: Imouna say now I'm going down this rabo is she?
Speaker 8: I will say time waits for no man when it comes to like, yes, your career, but also your famiily so definitely caught your grandma.
Speaker 5: No for sure, No, I know I'm not saying I just set the picture in the west sapp like right before we go.
Speaker 6: Contacts. Yeah, like not talking to your Grand'm like, dang.
Speaker 5: I don't talk to my grandmother. I probably talked to her like a week ago, two weeks ago or something like that, Like I talked to her every so often. I have a big family too, so when I talk to my Grandma. Now everybody, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta last on, so it'd be like a three hour thing, you know what.
Speaker 8: I mean, Like I understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we appreciate you for joining us today. The new album Bravado is out right now.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. And I know last time, I know you came late, but we were glad you.
Speaker 1: Came so much.
Speaker 4: We can talk to your brother.
Speaker 1: We came early this time around.
Speaker 6: How do you carry down this rabbit hole of the photos and all that?
Speaker 1: She said?
Speaker 4: You over Billy honis right now, it's just like a press.
Speaker 1: Outlet, is what's going on?
Speaker 6: What am I reading?
Speaker 9: Propty x? But if you just google you and herds, it's a few outlets. But really, yeah, you thought I made that. He's like nobody, No, but really offensively because of the age thing, because you has said, like yo, she was like seventeen.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: It was like I have a lot to do with it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, I mean because the way you responded was like her, but I mean the aging of course. But then it's like y'all just really homies in real life?
Speaker 6: Like is it really not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like she you know, she she pressed me out about something the other day was being funny about you. I didn't do nothing. She thought something happened, but like a song leak or something like that, and she's like, who did that? But it was a funny press. It wasn't a real press. It ain't like not full crowd half.
Speaker 9: So you're gonna retire at forty, right, And this is nothing to do with BILLI olish. Okay, you're going to retire at forty. At forty, then you're going to start reconnecting more with your family for sure.
Speaker 6: Then you're going to have it. You want to you want to have a family as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to know how old are you now? Thirty thirty two?
Speaker 6: Thirty two?
Speaker 9: So are you like taking are you dating somebody? Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 1: Right? Not in a relationship?
Speaker 6: But what age is that coming?
Speaker 1: That's not an age, it's a feeling thing.
Speaker 9: It can happen, right, because you got to age for your retirement. You got to age for when you plan on like doing more. Did you drop in the photos? And what's that Tanana?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: So I'm just trying to see if there's like a timeline here.
Speaker 5: Definitely not a timeline on something like love and connecting with the right person. It could happen right now.
Speaker 4: Asking the same question now, okay, yeah, question.
Speaker 6: Right back at you, which was I actually coming stage? Oh it's my age. I'm actively, you know, trying to figure it out right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you don't have nobody, Like, just like you asked them, what age? Are you looking to find somebody to settle down?
Speaker 6: I ain't got no BILLI elish on my line.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: I mean, I got no name where it's nothing worth bringing up. I'm asking you because you know that's a name.
Speaker 1: You know, man, you can get me in trouble, man, I do.
Speaker 8: Before we wrap, I kind of want to talk about super Nova with the artist.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: The artist is so fire.
Speaker 8: I'm glad that you guys collapse because you guys both are like very talented.
Speaker 6: Talk to me about just shooting super nova.
Speaker 5: What's so so funny with her? A friend of mine was like, I was like, I want a girl on this song. I just feel like he was like, yeah, you should check this person out.
Speaker 1: And I checked her on and she was fire, buddy, Yeah, she's new.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I was like, y'all hit her up. She's like excited. She sent me the verse like probably in three days. And then I was just like, Wow, she like really killed this. So for me, that was like a risky song because I don't really go all the way. I don't know if that's R and B.
Speaker 4: I guess it is R and B.
Speaker 8: And I was going to say, like, do you see yourself leaning more into that now?
Speaker 1: I like stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Man, I like stuff I could play with, like a woman that i'm with for something like that, And it's not it doesn't have to be negative because I think like I would always do this thing where I would start saying nice things and then be like but and I was like, nah, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm going all the way. Like I'm going all the way. Like, So that was what that was about.
Speaker 6: Nice. I think you should lean into that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'll take your advice.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you brother for joining us this morning. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Wake that answer up in the morning. The Breakfast Club