Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by that three six five That five bucks get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when use the promo code leading Off. It's me Joey p And look everybody, it's the Welsh and he seems to be healthy post water Park. I don't know, man, I gotta say, should I give you the kazoo for the triumphant return of the Welsh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Deserve at kazoo please.
Speaker 1: I'm sure everybody in the audio is gonna love that. That's not gonna make everybody miserable. Welsh's good to see you, buddy. We missed you. Bogman holding down the fort terrific job by Bogs and uh, I'm happy to see you here in the show without some sort of I don't know, antihistamine potentially running through the body.
Speaker 2: I don't know, there's some growth coming out of my face or my ear or something like that from being around all those sicky people, the mud people out there. Yes, yeah, I enjoyed a couple of days off, which, by the way, just want to remember for everybody as a parent, vacations are not vacations for adults. They're vacations for their children.
Speaker 1: Trips. We always am taking my children on a trip. Yeah, I'm like a manager comic. When people are bringing me cocktails, that's vacation on a beach somewhere.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit of that. But I watched the you are ignoring me by the way I was talking in the chat on Tuesday, and I could not get your attention. But I watched the whole show. You did great, didn't watch a second one.
Speaker 1: Why did you actually be on vacation? I stop working, No.
Speaker 2: No, but I missed you all. I love you all. I'm glad to be back, and I missed all the exciting stuff. I missed all the call ups and Joe Joe and I literally had a text thread yet I don't know if you mentioned it. Yesterday on the show, we had this whole text thread about Trout and I literally was like, I'm missing this show, like I want to have the We're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna know all the ones you miss, right, like the biggest ones, and look, I'm just we could start there, so let's do that. Because you didn't get your two cents, and I know you were somebody that was on the Trout bandwagon, so Trout obviously going to be out for an extended period of time. We're still waiting for the exact amount of time here with Mike Trout. But well, you know, it's amazing. I'm so happy that some of our listeners, and one of them in particular, made the exact trade somehow pulled that off in there leave. That warmed the cockles of my heart, which are dark and black as everybody knows for the most part. But that made me so happy because we were ahead of the curve. The people who are here on the show are head of the curve with it. And if you pulled off Julio, who by the way, went what three for five yesterday? Like that, Like you're loving life right now and you dodged a bullet. But I guess now the bigger question I'm going to post to you in keeper leagues and dynasty leagues, where does this leave Mike Trout here? Is this like are you trying to get him back healthy and then maybe later in the summer trade him for some younger prospects and just get out of the business all together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what can you do? What could you?
Speaker 1: Wait? Could you get a man Zardo and a picture, a young picture for.
Speaker 2: Him right now? And what are you talking in the dynasts I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying in August like you're out of it, Trout to Albatross? Can you can you make a Manzarto plus trade for Trout? Is that a value? Like what's the the dynasty trade value chart on Fantasy for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question, Manzardo. We're gonna talk about in a little bit. Remember today is prospect, prospect and win the Welsh later today we're gonna be doing all that. So yeah, I suppose that could be a possibility. But the problem is is the the blinder thing that happened. So you and I talked extent about this because at the end of the day, Scott Pianowski, who was on Fantasy Fest, he was right. I pushed back a little bit because right, because because Scott was a little like his talent, he was dismissive of the talent, where I was like, that's still there. So I was right, But he was one hundred percent right about you know, the cost to where you get and the injury stuff. And it happened. Of course it happened again. So but here's the problem. Every time it's like chipping away your chip. Nobody wants to give up on Trout. It's like a bridge that's holding everything and we're slowly chipping away every time this happens. I think coming into this year in Dynasty, he was already in some places near to outside the top one hundred. For me, he was around like fifty to sixty. So from a Dynasty perspective, after this knee surgery, I think he's gonna go back down to seventy five, eighty, maybe ninety. But if anybody's competing, I don't know if anybody really wants to pay the cost. Dare I say it's probably gonna be outside the top one hundred. So you have the constant injuries versus what really looks good from a talent perspective, if you compare it to Gihan Carlo Stanton, it looks like one of the worst players in baseball. By the way, I don't know how much you watch him anymore. He's so bad and he's been riddled with injuries. It's just done. He's not worth anything. Trout was on this incredible tear with the injury, and it just creates this bad situation. I argued that the cost of what you were paying in the preseason from a redraft perspective actually still made sense. And I was right for one month and then it crashed down for all the reasons that people said, you don't even bother with it.
Speaker 1: Dare I say not only were we are more than right because the stolen bases came back. And that was Pianowski's point, which was a good one, which is like, look, the trend line is showing you he's not running anymore now. I don't know if the running puts stress on the knees now, and that was part of the reason why we had this happen. I think that's a fair question to ask. I do too, But to your point, I would say, you take what you can get, and the best time might be have assignment. Like when he's on that where you have assignment, everything is glorious and everything is like he's healthy, he's feeling good, he's gonna be back, he's never felt better, all that stuff, and you just get out of the business. By the way, some hilarious stuff going on the chat. We will get Tom an Arrow. Today's prospecting with a Welsh It's Thursday. But Michael and Impo just nailed it. Vacation is just yelling at your kids away from the normal home and local places you yell at them. That is that is the quintessential definition.
Speaker 2: That's fan pretty much, that's pretty inde. They're just filled with candy and sugar.
Speaker 1: Good starts yesterday for a lot of starting pictures. Yamamoto six shot editings five k's again he folks short of my five and a half yesterday's miserable again. I'm just miserable, betting I had that one great day and I've been miserable bookending both of them, and I am so miserable. That's the only word. Justin Verlander two runs out, seven innings. Weird start for him, but again, you know seven innings, you'll take the innings. Shota emon Aga Welsh my rookie shares in Rookie of the Year for the National League on Chota looked pretty good. Seven strikeouts, shut out the Mets there for that period of time. The other side, Boutteau, who I saw your razor giving me crap for getting off the Bouteau train. After all that, I went the under on the five and a half. Gays yesterday Welsh because I thought five and a half, that's a good number. I like the plus money, I'm gonna take it. Of course he got six right, just to troll me. And then Chris Sale nine strikeouts Welsh. Throughout the weekend we talked about this, and even the last couple of days. These strikeout totals have been absurd for some of these starting pitchers lately. So of all those good starts yesterday, which one stands out the most to you?
Speaker 2: Probably point out Shota. We can talk about him. I was telling you this too. By the way, it was hell because where I was at the Great Wolf was technically on the edge of an Indian reservation. It's legal to bet here in Arizona, but I couldn't bet at the place I was vacationing at.
Speaker 1: It was brutal.
Speaker 2: It kept being like, nope, you're on reservation land. So I literally got up and I drove like a mile to put some drove away from the place on the way. I had a perfect day yesterday, and I had bet on shouta over strikeouts in a little parlay with the under of Jordan Montgomery. That was good. And I had bet a live Braves money line at minus one and a half, which ended up cashing, But I watched a decent amount since I had bet on Shota. And the continuously interesting thing about him is when you look at expected stats, he has been one of those players that everybody's like, hey, regression is going to happen. Regression is going to happen. But you know what's happening.
Speaker 1: From Mike here in the chat time to sell on in Monaga, I say, no, I also thought him at such a value, Look, he's gonna regress. He's not gonna have a one RA Like, that's not gonna happen. But did you get a really good starting pitcher at a really good discount in your draft? Yeah, And I don't know what you'd get for him that would make a smart return.
Speaker 2: I'd be open to it because, like before, his regression numbers looked a little bit more extreme. But this is the funny thing that's happening. As he's still kind of dominating and adjusting, his expected numbers are just coming down. So yes, he has a sub one era. Like two weeks ago, I believe his expected ERA was like in the three and a half range. It's two point seventy three right now. He has a really low barrel rate wOBA against is under two hundred right now, twenty six, almost twenty seven percent strikeout rate, and one of the league's lowest walk rates. The only thing I'm not in love with from a long term perspective is that around eighty nine percent of his pitches are either a fastball or a splitter, and that's still working. At some point. I feel like that could adjust. But you know, obviously, you guys know stuff. Plus is like dominant on Shota. I think Shota. I'm actually kicking myself that I didn't do the early Rookie of the Year bet On. I think he will have some regression in it. But this is one of those key like should I sell Shota? Maybe if you can go and get a tippy top name of a guy that struggled the Lomis Castillo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no one's gonna make that deal now the Castillo has gotten the ship, right, no one's gonna give you, Kirby. Now, I don't think i'd want would you? Okay, here we go, Max fried Er showta rest of season? Who would rather have?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, I know Max is starting. I'm the best at this, but I would probably say Shota. So that's that's my feel, that's my thing right there. I think Max and Chota are in the same general place in vicinity. So if you can buy on a underperforming hitter that you really like, let me ask you this one. Shota Imanaga or Corbyn Carroll.
Speaker 1: See position player is as different now, but you're but I want Corbyn Carroll.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I still believed by the way our friend Wilson, friend of the show here, who I saw the gym, He said, Ask Welsh today. I know he's coming back. This is either we have a hardcore audience Welsh, like, I see the numbers on our videos. I see how consistently everybody's here watching the shows. We see you, we love you, we appreciate you. Saw Wilson at the gym today, goes, Welsh is back right today? And I said yeah. He said, ask him what the hell's going on with Corbyn Carroll? Because he's killing me asking the Cutch's thinking they actually put in the ball harder. That's what Bogwin kept saying. He's like, he's had some really hard outs lately, and that's usually the first side of it to the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but I was watching this graphic. There is and as I've been saying four weeks, there is a there is a map, there's a there's a a blueprint of what to do against Corbyn Carroll. It is pitch high in the zone. And guess what he is not adjusting for whatever reason. He also, by the way, is a stinky ass outfielder. He's just making bad plays after bad plays. I am so frustrated. But he's not adjusting. Everybody's pitching. You high end the zone, so stop swinging high in the zone. Make them come back lower because everything is in the ground. Can't you just sure? I'm still super questionable about it, Welsh, I'm gonna say, yeah, well, frustrating because.
Speaker 1: Like, by the way, I love watching show to Imanaga pitching. Know why, because he pitches. He doesn't just throw trying to throw balls through barn doors all the time. That is so refreshing in this league entertain and if you want to know why he's having success, that's why he's having success in the major leagues because he does he understands the art of pitching. He understands the art of pitching where you're going high low, east west, you're trying to make sure you're moving the batters one. He does all that stuff and it's a joy to watch. It's fantastic. All right, let's go to some unexpected good starts. Louis Heel beat Corbyn Burns yesterday. That was fun. Tristan McKenzie, who has been awful all of a sudden six k's two runs. I don't know what the heck happened there. And then Joe Musgrove, who, after all these weeks, I finally benched this. I finally benched him. What does he do? Season high nine strikeouts? So I'm happy about it, and I'm angry about it. At the same time, I'm also angry about Freddy Peralta getting a five game suspension. So Jose Siri hits a home run off you hot dogs around the bases, hot dogs at the plate, and if you watch that at bat, and I watched it back again today, Paralta in that at that was kind of struggling with the control, and I thought that one time he probably just went to himself, Eh, screw it, we're up five runs. I'm just gonna hit him and let him first because I clearly am off right now. And you know what, because he didn't want to make a stick to him, so what like he's no warning, nothing, he gets suspended now five games. I think this is absurd, Welsh, I really do, am I off base here?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I think all of the like weird suspension stuff, all the weird. I mean. Also, what was the other side the Abner Uribe fighting with Jose Siri Abner rebe By. I got optioned after that, which is crazy. Did I see that correctly that he got optioned?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then then we had the whole controversy with the Mets game last night, with the whole catcher situation. To we can talk about that. There's a lot of I don't know if you have any feelings about that or if you were still underwater.
Speaker 2: Literally no, I don't even know what you're talking about it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that. The blocking of the plate, not blocking of the plate.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I think I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so whatever, But your thoughts on the peralta suspension, because I think it's absurd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's silly, but I don't think it stops much. It just pushes him a day. I actually think like baseball suspension for pictures are just hilariously stupid because it's like he's out for ten games and it's like, okay, well that's actually only like one misstart with me.
Speaker 1: But it's ten checks. You get paid every game. Yeah, I guess so that that I'm talking. I want Freddy P to get his money. I'm out here.
Speaker 2: I always a man for the money. Yeah, call me.
Speaker 1: Right now at what a hundred, Freddy P. I will fight for you. Did you hit somebody in the little league game because he was being a jerk? I will fight for you. Did you hit somebody get upset at you when you were talking trash there and like you know, somebody on the outside of the fan area, somebody's talking trash and you turn around and he threw a ball at them, and then you got thrown out of the game. I will fight for you.
Speaker 2: My name's Jimbo.
Speaker 3: And guess what I gott in a fight after I had seventeen beers and this guy said that my player said, I punched him square in the face.
Speaker 2: And guess what. Joe Pizapia got me off with as little as a ticket.
Speaker 3: And I am not suspended from seeing my favorite team every single year.
Speaker 2: Thank you Joe for saving.
Speaker 1: Gift card to Target. I got him all of that, So call me right now. I will get your suspension redews beautiful. We should That should be the commercial for a leader. Yeah, all right, let's get to some fun things. Derek'son Profar cannot be stopped four for four another two RII like, I'm waiting for the shoot to drop here. It just hasn't. And it's been a month now, and I've seen this before Profar where he's had good stretches, but this is a long stretch. Zach Eflin is now one and four. He did strike out six guys and walked none, So I would be buying Zach Efflin. I'd be selling Profar. Do you think that's the correct answer to those two questions?
Speaker 2: I don't think Profar has any like trade value. I I think maybe more is like, hey, I got Profar.
Speaker 1: You couldn't trade Profar for like Aaron Zavali right now? Who expected ERA is way lower than is actually era. That's no, I don't think so if you could do it one hundred percent, do it.
Speaker 2: I think the better question with Profar is, hey, do I believe that Profar is good enough that I shouldn't drop him to go pick up com Nzardo or Junior camen Ra or something like that. Then I think, like I would move off of and that's a bigger question, and I would I would drop him for one of those, like as I call it, the mount rushmore of prospects to come up. Anything more than that, I might not. But you know, Profar is also the reason this team didn't get more aggressive with Tommy fam who looks pretty good. They didn't want to pay, you know, extra money to cover his taxes because Profi has been playing well. So what was the other one? E Flyn I bet weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm a buying I'm buying Flyn Nolan Gorman by the way over three. He is now hitting a buck ninety on the season go cards. And also Angels outfielder Aaron Hicks got the big release because they're like, hey, we're just throwing into the towel here, We're the Angels. What are we gonna do now?
Speaker 2: Claren Hicks and Joe my team they cut Sorry.
Speaker 1: I got him a job and independent baseball for the Long Island Ducks, and I can get you a position there as a bat boy today. Call me right now. I'm Joe Piezapia. This is the number below right here, call me at one hundred, Freddy p that's.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Joe, Pizza Pizza, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is our job. I lock here. Wait all right.
Speaker 2: Some people are questioning how that's possible.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they are. I'm sure they're but they're watching. But they're watching Tyler Black rookie, lookie bat and clean up yesterday. So I don't even get the call. But he's hitting in the four spot, which means there's only one more thing we can do.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday and it's time for our favorite segment about the rookies. It's time for prospecting with the Welsh. You could see him right there with his strong forearms and his pickaxe and his multitude of balls, so Welsh. There's a lot of questions about a lot of prospects who are about to get the call. Let's dive into them. Let's start with Junior Camanaro, who's blowing up the chat. And I've got shares, you know me, So I want to hear what you have to say about Junior Cavanaro. Of the Tampa Bay Rays maybe getting up here sooner than we think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the bombs are starting to fly again. Four for five on April twenty eighth, he had a double and two home runs I believe last night another couple homers. Eight hits in his last ten games after suffering the injury. And the only big question for me with Junior Camenaro. Yeah, these first two we're going to talk about. These are kind of like the big big names again my Mount Rushmore of prospects. You want to have cam Andaro still sits at the tippy tippy top. That's in my article of ten to go. But why we're talking about Caminaro again is that the Rays of got to come and make this decision quick. But it's not at the expense of Escock Praties. And that's what's really tough about this. Esock Pradies, who's been at third base, has been the dude. He has been hitting really well, So to find him a spot, it's not going to come from there. So then you start to look where else can we find Junior him Aaron, because he's crushing the ball. That was what I was telling you at the top. He's just absolutely crushing the ball. The strikeouts aren't going crazy. If this team, who is I believe twenty third in runs scored in baseball, wants to start making a serious push, they have to get more offense. They're going less than on average four runs per game. Why not get one of the best offensive prospects out there. You'd have to do it by a having Cameron Arrow go and play shortstop over cavea Ro or be comfortable of knocking off that DH spot, which I think you can do with some of the guys they've been churning out there. I don't think Austin Shinton is going to be the reason that Cameron Arow can't come up soon. You move Parades and Cam and Arrow between those two spots if they're not comfortable with him playing short stuff. So I say all of this to say I can't see Cam and Arrow in the minors for more than another week. So if he is still sitting out there, yes you should pick him up. He is one of those beautiful faces on the Mount Rushmore process need.
Speaker 1: He will be up before Memorial Day, as predicted on this show and as predicted when we did our preview shows running into the Fantasy baseball season as well. This is not a talent that was going to be long for Triple A. So I'm with you one hundred percent, and I do believe it will come at the Taalaero expense. But we'll see how it works. Now another guy too who can't be stopped. Who again, I don't know there's anything left to learn here. He looks like when you have the adults pitching to the kids, but now the adults are pitching as hard as they possibly can to like the eight year olds. And it's Paul Skeins like, that's what it looks like right now, Welsh. So what's the latest on schemes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is more of an update of anything. Again, this is the second face of our Mount Rushmore of prospects we are waiting to get called up that we are excited. The Mount Rushmore also are the players that almost without question, you can put on your bench. And there are some situations where the super low benches and stuff like that. But these are the guys we have an expectation are very soon and their talent is at such a high level. So the update on Skeens. Last time we talked, I said, I think you have two more starts for schemes. They got to get him over eighty. The next start, we get him around seventy five 's what seventy five pitches in this start? Also the first time he got to six innings. I think two key markers here. He gave up only three hard hit balls. Just hit that counts like you know, whatever line drives and stuff like that. Nothing, only three hard hit balls. Struck out seven, walked one, went six. That's the key. Next start, we're getting to eighty and then next start cashing, he's coming up to the majors. That is my call with Paul Skins, as we are so close to that eighty marker, and I really do think now it's a possibility they could push one more and want him to get to eighty five or something like that. But look for this next start for him to get to eighty, and then I think the real timetable starts and the clock starts with Paul Skins.
Speaker 1: What about the manchild Kyle Manzardo, How is that going? Because that's another guy too where I feel like there's very little for him to prove a triple A. What are we doing here? I know Cleveland's been good offensively better than maybe people thought. But again, like, why are we wasting all of these bullets here with Kyle Manzardo a triple A hitting bombs every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the Manzalorian as I call him in the Arctic too, it's a pretty solid one. He's been on an absolute tear. He's got six home runs since April nineteenth, which is absurd. His average has pushed over three hundred, and he's got an almost one thousand ops. And this has been my favorite thing about him as well, this is he has exemplified classic Guardians play, which is low strikeouts and walks twelve percent walk right and only seventeen percent K percentage in the miners right now, kind of actually similar to the race situation, except the Guardians score runs. They are in the upper echelon of runs scored. Is that they just don't have like a true opportunity to set for him until they stop with the wil Brinnan and Estevan florial thing. The problem is Manzarto is not gonna play the outfield, so he's going to have to play dh So it's a little bit trickier than Camonaro, where it's like when they make the commitment. It's going to be Manzardo and Naylor going between first and DH. That's probably the only output. But I do think it's coming soon. And he's ready over three hundred average low strikeouts. It's classic offensive. He should be within the next couple of weeks. I know my buddy Chris klegg Is, and it keeps.
Speaker 1: Snail or healthy too, like a guy, you know, like let's keep Let's give him some rest time here, let him DH a little bit. That makes sense. Now, you've got some other guys on the list this week. Who is it? Because I know one is a Baltimore guy and this guy, I gotta be honest with you, like I kind of want like, you know, his grandpa could be his grandpa Povich, I don't know. I want him to open up a thing and says you are the starter. Today I wanted to open up an envelope for Kate Povich.
Speaker 2: Let's talk like maybe like a flower too, like you get to the next level. But Kate Povich, I've kind of been dying to talk about him. He's been on Do you guys check out my article. There's the ten names and then there's like the watch list and Povich has been on there for a little bit. And the reason we haven't been more aggressive is it's really tough to tell what this team is gonna do. Because we had Bradish coming up, we had Means coming back, we did Grayson go on the eel. Bradish is back today as we're recording this. There's also a little bit in the air about like the role that John Means really might be used with. And what's great about Kate Povich is he's been going pretty deep into games. He's got a litany of pitches, a cutter in his last start which has an over fifty percent with rate, and I really think at this point it's just gonna have to be they're ready to pull the trigger because he has a walk problem that he's kind of starting to try to maintain, but he can go deep into games. He's got a bevy of pitches. And now I think there's more of an opportunity with Grayson on the al and maybe some questions about John Means in general that we could see him in the rotation soon. There's not a ton of pitchers we can speculate on that are at triple I don't think we're in the Double A pitchers can jump range yet, but we are in the Triple A ones and he's one of those guys. Any other I think half of the other league, he would probably be getting opportunity if he was a Padre right now, I think it would die to bring him up. Orioles just have a glut of really good players. I got three Orioles on this top ten list. So watch for kid Povich within the next couple weeks to maybe get an opportunity, especially with the Grayson injury. And then I don't know if you want me to just jump into the final. Let's get this is an obscure name that I think this is the most obscure name that you probably aren't going to see in a lot of places. But you're gonna understand the reason. And the guy is Nico Cavadis Cavedas, who I get to see in the Arizona Fall League. I'm I'm completely forgetting that. I think it's Cavedas Nico Cavedas with the Boston Red Sox, who is a first base only prospect, has a kind of nailer shape to him, if you will, and hits the ball really hard. Yeah, I didn't realize that an actual it's it's a I think you know why, it's a body type because if I see a brother who also plays there, well, no, if if I see it, you understand what I'm saying when I say it. So I think it's a good body I like, I approve of the Nailer body type.
Speaker 1: I just want to say body positivity on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always two ninety average five homers K percentage. It's around twenty seven percent, which is down from last year, and then over twenty percent walk rate. Here is my logic. They just signed Dominic Smith the Boston Red Sox. They've been putting Bobby doll back out there. Nika's having a great triple A. He hits the ball really hard in can Assistancies are kind of his problem, you know what. I think at this point, with Costas being out for an extended period of time, I don't know if Dominic Smith and Bobby daalback will get it done. I think they could cut bait on that maybe in the next week or so. So Nico might be a sneaky guy. He's number ten on my list that you might want to start poking around at least paying attention to and know that you can get big power if he gets called up. You want to see all the rest, go and check out my article right now over on Fantasy Pros ten prospects to stash with some others and that can get you set up for the prospecting is. We had three graduations this past week which was pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Love graduations. That's it. And if you want to see more prospects up as well, said, check Fancaypros dot com or just join us next Thursday for more prospected with the Whales. Yeehaw, good times, babe. All right, let's get after the three up, three down, real quick Steven quand three for five with a triple double two rubies, Julio three for five run scored. Let's go Julio and Zach Wheeler continues to be dominant. Six Kate. When Zach Wheeler wins, ye young, I'm gonna be so salty this Year'll be so mad. He's just as a met fan like watching him toil away in the peaks and valleys of what he was. It's a met is so frustrating to see what the picture he's become now. Three down Jackson Merrill over four with his strikeout, Jordan Montgomery, six run, three innings and not good. But it was the Dodgers and Joe Adell. Well, Joe Adele, you have your opportunity to carry the load here with Mike trout out and what he do over five or four case against the Phillies. Now it was against Zach Wheeler, so I'll give him a pass. But still let's fly through the injuries and get to the home runs. Justin Steele obviously not the best first start. We'll give him a pass there in the rehab. Three runs, six hits and three and third. That's fine. I'm not worried at all. Friend of the show, Justin Steele. Chaz McCormick. Ten day il is going to hit that retroactive to the twenty eighth of April. With the hamstring strain, Zach Gallon will not start Friday. They're just giving him some extra time with the hamstring. Okay, cool whatever. Hodai Senga shoulder is scheduled to throw another live bullpen session on Saturday, and I on that over the weekend. Report back to you on Monday. Brian Bayo Minor League rehabit start next week. It looks like Yoshida goes on the IL so no on the IL Marlin's Jake Berger on the rehab assignment and Welsh Byron Buxton undergoing an MRI today on his injured right knees.
Speaker 2: So here you go, you sellout.
Speaker 1: Injury and a Byron Bucks injury in the same week. That's that's rarefied air right there. That's a pretty good betting odds.
Speaker 2: And we're going to talk about some beths probably pretty good betting odds that that was going to happen and that we were going to see everybody when Mike Trout get hurt, go Byron bux and then of course he did.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: That's okay. If you if you're feeling sad, the one thing it can make you peppy is this trophy Smack Fantasy Baseball Championship Belt. How do I get this, you asked, Well, I will tell you. You drop your comments below, you subscribe to the channel. We are just like a few away from twenty k. Let's get there, folks. When you get there, you'll get this potential trophy in your hands. Again, comment on any video we have here. Try to keep it clean, will you please, And of course ascribe to the chatto and ring the belt for notifications you know every time a piece of content drops and if you are the big winner and Welsh it's Thursday, you're back. I need you. Let's go for the best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you're using bet three six five and the promo code leading off when you sign up yet the bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets and Welsh, you don't have to drive off the reservation today, why don't you take things off? I am ice cold, you are red hot, so kick things off for best Bets of the Day for Thursday and MLB.
Speaker 2: I literally did, Like I drove to a cap. I was driving on a parking lot, like is this good?
Speaker 1: Is this going?
Speaker 2: And then finally it took my bets and I'm like, ah, we got it, we got it. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: So I can only have a vacation right here in this parking space for the next two days.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm like, the jerk, You're just gonna take my bets in this lamp is so stupid. All right, so my bets the day. I I had a couple bad days yesterday was a very good day. But it's a short slate that makes it rough. So what to choose from? So here are a couple of mine. I'm going with the Cubs and the Mets over eight runs, and this one there were a couple different play ways I was thinking of playing it as well. Just a little side note. Adrian Hawser I saw you can get his earned runs given up at two and a half and you can take the over at like minus one ten. He's given up i think at least five and runs over his last two starts each. So that was kind of sneaky. And that's what this is about. This is about Ben Brown getting hit a tiny bit. This is about Adrian hawser O the gave like six in his laugh. This is about kind of banging that up. So this is a full game, full game, eight runs over. Next up, I'm going Washington and Texas. Mitchell Parker has been good. I was so dismissive of that first start. He's been good. You've got Evaldi in there, and I'm gonna take the under run total which is at four and a half because Mitchell Parker is doing some good stuff in the early innings. Evaldi just kind of maintains in general. So I'm banking on under four and a half. Hopefully hit that four marker, So give me the under through the first five if I didn't make that clear, which I don't think I did. First five under four and a half, and then finally I'm gonna go to a K prop the only one I really like today. We're going with Kyle Harrison five and a half over strikeouts. Boston Red Sox okay on the strikeout market, but they do strike out the top five against lefties in K percentage, So you got Kyle Harrison on the bump, so I like him to get that over on the strikeouts five and a half. Those are my plays on this very short slate. Come on, Joe, what do we got. Let's let's turn it toward slate.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna focus on one thing I like today, and I like Cleveland and Houston to give me some runs. And where there's runs, there are some good performances from the hitter. So I'm gonna start with the over nine and a half in this game at minus one oh two. Spencarragheny on the mound again when he's a gift. They always keeps on giving Jose Ramirez overo point five RBI plus one twenty three and go take that end our boy, mister Alvarez at over point five RBI as well plus one oh five. Now if you take the over on the run total and the two overs on the RBIs if everybody does their job and you put them together, you get plus four seventy seven. So that's your same game parlay of the day from Joey P. Hopefully it's a good one. I want to see like a fourteen spot in this game Welsh. That would make me very happy, and I want to see home runs all over the board. Those are our best bets of the day with JOEYP in the Welsh. Make sure you join us over at Betting Pros. Make sure you join the leading Off group there bettingpros dot com, slash leading Off and of course download the Betting Pros app. Use the tools. Be smart, start betting smarter, not harder. Now, I see a lot of questions. I'm sorry. We had a lot of segments today in the show. So if you have some questions, lay them in here in the chat we'll answer him at the back end. Travis has a good one here. I'm a victim of both the Trout and Grays and I elstance what a bad twenty four hours it was for you, Travis. I'm sorry. I'm going to send you an edible arrangement. Is Adele and Feedti the best stop gap? I would say yes and yes to both, to be honest with you, I think those are really good stop gaps if somehow you have them or they're do you agree, Welsh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, one of the extra pluses when we have the opportunity, I answer some of the chat questions, and I said that to Travis. Yeah, I think so. I'm still not the biggest, like sold the person on jo Adell, but fifty three percent hard hit rate, he's barreling the crap out of the ball, he's running. That's good. Betty's kind of a no brainer right now. I don't know if continuously strike out nine every single game, but yeah, I don't think seventy five percent of fantasy owners have those options as replacements for Trout and Grayson. So Travis, if you do, I think you're doing better than the rest.
Speaker 1: Let's stop ignoring Phil. Philip wants to know will Turnbull's day in the rotation with Walker back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, I think. I don't think Walker is any push to Turnble. I think turnbulls locked in with how he's performed. So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Agree, disagree. What about Friedel? Here's a question from Razor Ramone. Is Freedol worth a stash.
Speaker 2: A stat Yeah? I mean if you want stolen bases, he was a good homer or stolen based combo guy, if you have the ability to statsh What's really interesting is like, who would you rather Freedol or camon Aro if he were out there? That's tougher cameron Aro's upside, but Freedl stole a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of base I would say a thousand times over.
Speaker 2: But I would take Freedol over like probably over Manzardo, you know, like because of the stolen basis. So yeah, I think Fredel belongs in that territory.
Speaker 1: Here's one from fabby Davis Junior. It'd be funnier if it was like a like f aa B, like like Fantasy Baseball fab that would be even that would hold outside. What do we do with Bobashett, What do you want to do with him?
Speaker 2: I have a talk with him, give him a call, bench him. Shouldn't have drafted him I didn't draft him. Why did you draft him?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guys like this worst time to sell when they're underperformed. I think at a hot start and then either like Okay, hey, comfortable, he's readjusted, he's hitting the ball hard, or get the hot start and move on.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's get to the home run board, which is pretty cool because you'll see b t Rot eight is now at ten six straight days of calling home runs properly. I want to give a shout out there thanks to Wonkee Penguin for letting me know six straight days. That is an impressive streak right there, and now at double digits and right tied next to me again, the leaderboard hasn't changed all that much. Still, what it looks like, it's been a rough week for home runs. If there was strikeout calls, it would be a lot easier.
Speaker 2: But I got one on the first day, I was gone, and I just couldn't. I'm so close, I just am like there, I just can't get to.
Speaker 1: The bog when I both had a two ve yesterday, but alas it was not meant to be. But I'm sticking with the astro today. Jordan Alvarez is my guy, your thoughts here on the home run call for the day for you, Well.
Speaker 2: I hate a lot of it, but I'm gonna go to see j Abrams. I know that's kind of just like a weird call in general, but you know, give me someone at the top end order. We've seen the power kind of fly in. There's a little bit of a home run to fly ball advantage that Abrams has gotten his matchup against the Valdi. So I'm gonna go with Cee j Abrams.
Speaker 1: All right. I want to intervention here on this one because it says the Wilson wants to know, would you trade Kirby for Hussy, Young Kim and cutter Crawford. No, I would not be trading George Kirby right now. I think that's a terrible idea. Welsh. No interventions. Interventions right here on the program we give you.
Speaker 2: Bet that's a team league too. I bet that's a ten team league and might absolutely not even might be.
Speaker 1: Make sure you join our Discord fantasypros dot Com slash chat today. It's free, it's fun, and don't forget to sink your leagues again. Fantasy uh never stops. But if you want something to help you manage all of it. You can manage all your teams from my playbook right now. Go to wherever you get your apps and download my playbook for MLB, download for NFL two. That's gonna be around the corner. Sink your leagues for free. Use the tools if fantasy pros don't. Just watch these two tools and bogintwo he he counts as a tool. So the three of us here on the show from time to time. But use the tools of Fantasy Pros to help you manage your league, make trades. Make waiver Wire claims new waiver Wire video. Just drop today to go check it out right now on the YouTube channel. Drop your comments below, subscribe and you might win yourself a championship belt. Welsh. It's good to see my friend. I missed you, buddy, and.
Speaker 2: I missed you guys desperately. I shave and everything.
Speaker 1: Sony, you look so cute.
Speaker 2: You look twenty years younger. I'm I don't. I'm like, there's so much gray hair like in here.
Speaker 1: It's just what you look like this. Hey, hey, oh boy, you look so I'll see you. Ed Rey says here Welsh speak. I love Norfolk. Riding a bus superplace. I hit four hundred at Norfolk Call, but I can't possibly hit here at the major League.
Speaker 2: He was three for six yesterday too, So it's just one of those things like I just love.
Speaker 1: Norfolk like it's something in the air. It's good for his curls. That's why I told Bogam yesterday, it's good for his girls. All right. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Kids, Love you, goodbye.