Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargion.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchian. My co hosts have for a long absence, abnormally long absence. Brian Johnson, Welcome back. It's been a couple of months, it has.
Speaker 3: But uh, understandably so I've been off the show because it's been Thoris.
Speaker 1: It's sad. It was really Thor season, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And uh, no one can break down the rookies in the business better than Thor. And we're gonna mention some rookies on this episode at some point, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna dive into it. People just go back and listen to those episodes if they want to. Yeah, get a real breakdown of the rookies, because no one does it better than Thor again, the in the whole industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's He's become one of the best already and our listeners have already already been paid on a lot of thors insight last year, and I think he's had a great officers. We'll find out. I mean, if JJ McCarthy bombs that alone, will we'll end up either that'll move him down a peg. But if JJ hits, he's gonna look brilliant. I mean he had he had JJ's his number three quarterback overall.
Speaker 3: He was right on JJ. And this is we don't know that yet, We don't know that, we don't know yet. Well, he was right that his stock was way too low at.
Speaker 1: The beginning of the guess at the beginning of the process.
Speaker 3: Yes, but now JJ in my mind, and again this is no knock on JJ McCarthy. And I don't want to get too into the weeds on this, but he's gonna have to wait a little bit because Sam Darnold is going to turn some heads chart.
Speaker 1: See, I know you believe that, and there are a lot of people in Minnesota who do right. Briefly, make your case.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is his first real shot. That's basically it at a at a real no one if you put any quarterback in a time machine forward put him on the jets with Adam Gasee as his head coach, a twenty year old kid going to the Jets, Like, who's going to succeed in that environment? And then they go to and he goes to Carolina. I'm blanket on the head coach there, but I mean it was just a disaster. But you know, Shanahan, Mike Shanahan, the head coach of the forty nine ers, and trust that Donald is the backup. And there's a good shot that you know, brock Purty wasn't going to be ready to start the season last year with the elbow injury, and he was ready to roll with Donald. The Vikings are ready to roll with Donald. They weren't guaranteed to get a quarterback. They have faith in him, and hey, he's an athlete, he's twenty six years old, He's got Justin Jefferson and a bunch of other weapons we know about. So I want to I'm excited to see what he can do. And if you can't do it, then it's JJ time. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sam, Sam will be the first one up. I believe he'll start the season week one for the Vikings, and you know he gets to throw to Justin Jefferson, probably not TJ. Howkins, in Week one, probably not, but Jordan Addison we're gonna see a little more. We're gonna see some more throws of the running back in Minnesota. Aaron Jones can catch in a way that the Viking seven had in a long time. Sam Darnold's had fifty six games started. I mean, it's not like we don't know anything about him, but this is the best spot that he's ever been in by a wide margin, for in terms of ancillary talent, for sure. But this is not necessarily a Sam Donald related show. Let's jump. Let's get into the topic of the day, which is, you know, draft is over. We now from a fantasy standpoint, in particular, ninety nine percent of what we need to know in terms of the rosters are now set going into at least training camp and in many ways all the way into the beginning of the season. So we're gonna start highlighting every NFL team beginning this week. We're gonna do the AFC and NFC East Today. We'll talk about some of the key differences from last year on each of these AFC and NFC East teams till you think they're gonna get better or worse, And we begin with the Buffalo Bills. Brian Let's break down the Bills offseason. It was a tumultuous one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, lots of changes in Buffalo. Let's dive right into the passing game as most No gone is Stefan Diggs and to a lesser extent of fantasy relevance, Gabe Davis, who's now in Jacksonville. Diggs in Houston, of course, so incomes Curtis Samuel from Washington. They drafted rookie Keon Coleman pretty high in the draft, I believe late first round, if not, no early second round. Second ye yeah, like the first pick in the second round. Yep. Khalil Shakir remains from last year. Buffalo also signed Marquez Valdez Scantling. We're not too interested there, which leaves really so there's no alpha wide receiver in Buffalo anymore by any means. Curtis Samuel right now in early drafts wide receiver forty nine, rookie Keon Coleman wide receiver forty. Shakira is wide receiver fifty five. So a very stack friendly team. If you're looking to stack the Bills in best ball, you know, if you get.
Speaker 1: You can certainly do it if you want to, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. Josh Allen Clearcut quarterback one. He was finished. Last year's QB one is getting drafted as QB one. I don't see that changing. But I mean the alpha dog in the passing game is tight end Dalton Kincaid. Yeah, I'm must be a top wide receiver.
Speaker 1: YEP. I was wondering if you were going to go there. He could be sitting on eighty ninety catch season for Dalton Kincaid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was. He was solid last year as a rookie. Of course, you don't see a lot of Brookies have success at the tight end position, but he's really more of a hybrid wide receiver in the line of you know, Travis Kelcey, by boy Kyle Pitts. But right now, Dalton Kincaid, he's getting drafted head of Mark Andrews. He's going his tight end four inside the top fifty picks overall, So you know, he's one of the I'm not I think the price tags on guys like Sam Laporta, he's tight end one, Travis Kelcey are pretty high. I would bypass those guys for guys like Kincaid, and I'm just gonna focus on Kinkaid. I like trade McBride a lot until they drafted Marvin Harrison junior. But right now I think Dalton Kinkaid has the highest prospects of all the tight ends based on him being the top receiver A on the team and he can get him his tight end for so but really, you know, this passing game, it's it's all about Josh Allen. He's gonna be spreading the ball around. I will I'm not going out of my way to draft Samuel Coleman or Shakir because right now, based on their ADPs, they're not their flex guys at best. It's all about Kincaid and Allen in the passing game. Over to the running game, things have changed there in terms of backups, leaving James Cook still remains. He is the lead back. He's going off the board as RB thirteen right now. That's early fifth round. A little too early for me considering Buffalo had twenty two rushing touchdowns last year. But you want to take a guess how many James Cook account at four those twenty two rushing touchdowns four close half of that two Jeez thought rushing touchdowns with James probably there's no I don't know. Uh yeah, so James Cook way over valued at RB thirteen. I'm passing on him there. I'd rather go for his backup, which will presumably be rookie Ray Davis, who is selected in the fourth round. Davis a very intriguing he can prospect out of Kentucky. Again, if you want to learn more about Ray Davis, go back and listen to the Rookie running Back episode with Thor. I'm sure he'll break he breaks it down much.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we did talk about ray Davis and we like, we both like ray Davis. Thor feels like his he doesn't have a high ceiling, but we also we think he comes in with NFL ready traits and that he can be an immediate starter. It just Thor doesn't feel like Ray Davis has got high upside in his game and that may ultimately limit him. But right now he's going off the borders running back fifty four in a backfield that has traditionally been a shared backfield, and I'm kind of intrigued by that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, for sure. I mean he's a guy I would be looking to draft even if I didn't draft James Cook. And again I'm not actively looking to draft James Cook. I think he's overvalued. But yeah, Davis an injury away from being the starter and bull buffalo. But again, you know, whether it's Cook or Davis, it's all about Josh Allen at the goal line mainly, so he's Alan and Kincaid are the you know, the flashy toys in this offense. So in terms of this offense getting better or worse than last year, even though he faltered towards the end, you know, the loss of Stefan Diggs is gonna overall, right, so I'm gonna go slightly worse. But I really I think Josh Allen might have a better year just because they lean on his legs a little more or they'll need to, and I think he has adequate enough support around him, you know, to spread the ball around and put up pretty good passing numbers. Still, so uh, again, it's not gonna be a better offense even at best you know, lateral move, but I'm leaning slightly worse, but it'll still be a high powered offense with Allen at the helm.
Speaker 1: So I looked up Dalton Kincaid's numbers last year just to get refamiliarized and hit seventy three receptions last year, so maybe he's got one hundred reception upside now if assuming that Dalton Knox is going to fade into the background here, which is not necessarily a valid assumption, but if he does, no, you know, Kincaid could easily see a you know, thirty percent up tick and end up getting himself into the one hundred reception range, which for a tight end would be fantastic. Kinkaid just the two touchdowns last year. All right, let's switch over to the new England Patriots passing game. Well, obviously you've got a new coaching staff. I think a whole new breath of fresh air in the room, which is great. The quarterback position obviously big change here. Only Bailey's appey remains from last year. Drake May Jacoby Brissett come in. It's not a certainty that Drake May starts the season because Jacoby Brissett is a proven quality NFL backup who can start in pinches, and they may decide to take their time on Drake May. It's not clear that Drake May starts Week one, but almost no matter what, the passing game gets better, because anything is an uptick from what they had last year with Mac Jones, Bailey Zappy disaster scenarios unfolding for the Patriots. I think, do you remember how many times Mac Jones got benched.
Speaker 3: Six?
Speaker 1: I think it was four. I think get four different benchings in one season, which is which is pretty tough to bounce back from the wide receiver room. You have some returning vets like Kendrick Bourne and Damario Douglas, who had a couple of nice moments. I don't know why they've hung on to Juju Smith, Schuster and Jalen Rager, but they have. They added free agent kg Osbourne who will run from the slot, but Douglas is already there. They drafted Jalyn Polk in round two and Javon Baker and Thor and I talked about these two just last week. Thor likes Baker, doesn't like Polk, so you can go back and listen to last week's if you want to hear more details on how why he feels that way. But those guys are now there, but overall, this is still a wide receiver group that feels like you want to avoid unless you do want to throw some darts around at a guy like Javon Baker, who you can get basically for free if you want to. He's wide receiver eighty one. Right now, Hunter Henry remains like Koseki left. He gets replaced by Austin Hooper, who coming out just call Austin Hooper a journeyman.
Speaker 3: I would say, I think he's more than that. I don't know what would be beyond a journey, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like super elite. Super journey was something like that.
Speaker 3: Five teams, six teams.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Former first rounder, if I recall correctly on Austin Hooper obviously hasn't worked out. So does the passing game get better in New England? It basically can't get worse. It was totally non functional last year, so you know it will get better. But your big payoff on this, on this passing offense is probably in seasons to come for the running game. I want to start by talking just a little bit about new offensive coordinator Alex van Pelt. He was Kevin Stefanski's offensive coordinator for four years and Stefanski was the primary offensive mine behind the Browns offense, not Van Pelt. But if we assume that Van Pelt has been taking his cues from Stefanski, you could suggest that he's going to carry over some of Stefanski's tendencies towards running the ball. So with the Browns, over the last four years when Alex van Pelt was there, the team finished in run play percentage, The Browns finished fourth, sixth, eighth, and then last year when Nick Chubb got hurt, they dropped down to seventeenth, but still four, six and eighth. I mean, it tells you this is a This was a run first, power running team when they had Nick Chubb. And maybe that's what happens with Romandre Stevenson here, which would be interesting. Stevenson returns, but he fell off badly last year, and maybe it was just because he was getting no help from the passing game, but he failed to Pro Football focuses running back twenty six. He had typically been inside the top ten. He was down to four yards per carry, which was down a full yard from five yards per carry the weird year before for Stevenson. And worse, the receptions just completely dried up, cut in half, down to just thirty eight receptions last year. And he's ideally built for goal line used, but the dude just hasn't reliably scored touchdowns, but again, there is reason to think it could change under Alex van Pelt and maybe Stevenson's going to be that guy they brought in Antonio Gibson, Brian to me. That to me, I just don't think Gibson's all that good. And maybe he I think he could see I could see him a pass catching role, but I don't think he's gonna take a lot of carries from Rmando Stevenson. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you there. This is the year to even though the Patriots are going nowhere, Stevenson deserves just a shot at being the bell cow. And I know we fell off last year. I believe he did suffer a somewhat serious ankle injury that caused him to miss some time, didn't come back as strong. But Antonio Gibson, he might be the best wide receiver on that team right now. Former college wide receiver Antonio Gibson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hope.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, overall, the Patriots. If you had to pick one team where you just were disallowed from drafting anyone in fantasy football, it's the Patriots. With a bullet For me, this is probably the least exciting offense and all the football and all these teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that might be our queue to sort of move along. They didn't, unfortunately. You know, they did put some draft picks into offensive line, third and fourth rounders, and maybe that'll improve an offensive line that didn't help a lot. So well, the Patriots running game get better. Yeah, it probably will, because it fell off hard. And I just think through if we think that Alex van Pelt is going to have a run first orientation and protect his young quarterback, assuming Drake May gets reps at some point. Yeah, I'm kind of intrigued right now. Ramandra. Stevenson going off the board is running back nineteen. Not bad. If I can get a work horse what I hope I think will be a workhorse running back running back now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's one of the one of the first candidates. If you deployed the do the opposite strategy, it will be there round round five, round six. I like him a lot more than the aforementioned James Cook, who is going six seven spots in terms of running backs ahead of Stevenson. I take Stevenson all day over James Cook. Stevenson really the only guy won on New England. Yeah, I'm really looking.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, let's go to a much better offense. Let's talk Miami. Now here's here's some offense.
Speaker 3: Definitely some offense. But here's something to keep in mind when you're going to draft Dolphins this year. As we all know, this schedule has come out and a lot of people tend to look at the bye weeks and then they look at the playoff schedule, the fantasy playoff schedule. Miami's playoff schedule sucks. Here it is starting in week thirteen at green Bay. We know Miami does not like cold weather. Green Bay decent enough defense, so starts off a little rocky there. Then week fourteen they have the Jets at home. Jets, great defense. Week fifteen at Texans, shootout potential there indoors with Texans.
Speaker 1: Texans past defense has been has been good, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Very good. And Week sixteen they're at home. That's good against the forty nine ers, though presumably gonna be a bad matchup defensively. And then week seventeen, here's here's the cherry on top per se at Cleveland in week seventeen.
Speaker 1: That's like it's a it's a tough road right there.
Speaker 3: Bench everyone, but there's a long way to go till we get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know I I don't put a ton of weight in the playoffs schedule. And here's why. A lot of times, if that playoff schedule's hard, the rest of the season is pretty easy. If I'm if i get to the halfway point of the season and I'm motoring with my Dolphins and I'm already projecting ahead. You know, it's week nine and I'm seven to two and I'm already starting to look at the playoffs, and I'm still worried about those defenses. If those four defenses are still really good, okay, then maybe I'm making a change and ide I can make a trade at that point if I need to. So I don't know, I don't. I don't let that bother me so too much. No, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't say I'm not like fading the Dolphins in drafts, but the schedule is not even Keep in mind for scenario, like you said, you get your money's worth out of them, then you you know, you flip them for something better, knowing that the road gets a lot tougher for him later in the season. But just keep that schedule in mind for sure, But by no means are you fading any of the Dolphins. Starting with Tyreek Hill, who's going off the board is wide receiver too right now, his running mate or counterpart, Jalen Waddle wide receiver nineteen. We both kind of know what we get with those two guys. Tyreek Hill can be the best wide receiver in the league on any given day something happens to him. Jalen Waddle sees a major uptick and volume, but Waddle is certainly the robin to Tyreek Hill's batman. The question here is the wide receiver three role, where we have two very different options in the very old Odell Beckham Junior and then rookie Maleek Washington. Both are dirt cheap and for good reason, they have a well they both have very low floors. We know that if Odell Beckham can somehow rekindle his magic his youth, he takes the job. But leak Washington and intriguing and intriguing prospects here. If something were to happen to either Hill or Waddle and or Beckham, Washington could get some run in a high octane offense. So he's a wide receiver I'm targeting late in redraft, not just dynasty, especially if I'm looking to stay Dolphins. And if you're stacking Dolphins, you're looking at quarterback. Their quarterback tu Tungo Viola. I haven't said the last name in a while. I took cat us right.
Speaker 1: It takes a minute. If you haven't, you haven't practiced it.
Speaker 3: Right now, I was a little you know, Tuas going off the board as QB fourteen right now, and I'm like, man, that seems like kind of a good deal. He must have been a top ten quarterback last year. I went back and looked. He finished as QB seventeen in points per game, which is not very good for an offense that was as high powered as the Dolphins. To to threw for three touchdowns in Week eight against New England, and that was the last time he hit that milestone all season. It was in Week eight. Yeah, from that point on, he threw for multiple scores, meaning two touchdowns in just three games post Week eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hurts.
Speaker 3: Zero zero rushing touchdowns all season for Tua. So right now, that QB fourteen price tag maybe seems a little overvalued now, So you think you think Tyreek Hill you think Jalen Waller, You're like, oh, I gotta have Tua. But Tua did not post the numbers that you that I remembered last year, and uh, he's probably gonna fall in line with the same kind of production. Unless I cannot go to the running game without mentioning the new tight end in Miami, John u John who baby John?
Speaker 1: By the way, he's your starting tight end. It's you know, he's been locked into these dual roles where he's had to fight for fight for starting time. John Hu Smith is your probable starting Week one tight end. And talking about der cheap you can get John Hu Smith, I mean, name your price, right, you know who's gonna take him. He's tight end twenty three off the board. He's the Dolphins starting tight end, and he's a crazy athlete. He fits the profile you know of no doubt of what you of what the Dolphins want with these crazy athletes. You know, John Whu Smith is all about athleticism.
Speaker 3: The problem though, is like the Dolphins do not involve their tight ends a whole lot, like I said, they might have not they haven't had an athlete like John Hu Jho. So we'll see how that changes. He's worth a he's worth a dark throw in the later rounds or not the later rounds like.
Speaker 1: The last round. Yes, going off the board player one eighty three right now.
Speaker 3: Now over to the running game. This is where it gets really really messy. We'll start with Devin A. Chan going off the board as RB eight.
Speaker 1: It's a big price to pay.
Speaker 3: It's a big price to pay. I mean, he was he has some monster games. That's why he was fourth in Fantasy points per game among running backs last year, but he only played eleven games due to injury. That led paved the way for Raheem Moster, who led the league in rushing touchdowns with eighteen, second in overall in overall points among running backs. He's going off the board is RB twenty nine right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't understand the differential between those two. Sure eight, Chan's your highlight machine, but Moster was the more consistent back. And the fact that there's twenty running back spots You're put twenty running backs between those two feels weird.
Speaker 3: Definitely feels weird. I mean, if you have to pick one, I know, in the one of the first you know, if our regular season shows that start in August, we do the which teammate would you rather draft? I think we could put this one in the books already that it's Moster.
Speaker 1: Always the lower ranked to guy too as that as that bit usually plays out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is most are a guy I think in dynasty leagues, if you're if you're in win now mode, go see who has Raheem Moster if anyone's in any kind of He's just had eighteen touchdowns last year and he's going RB thirty and in dynasty he's gonna be way undervalued. So if you're in win now mode in dynasty, he's a guy I'd be looking at, but a great discount on Moster. But Miami really threw a wrench in the mix when they drafted rookie Jalen Wright, who a lot of people are excited about, I know after the war was he He's going off the boards RB forty four. That's it's only fifteen spots behind Raheem Moster, which is insane. Again, not an ideal landing spot for fantasy perpose.
Speaker 1: If they're injury.
Speaker 3: If there's an injury, he will certainly become relevant. But uh yeah, it's a loaded backfield. So this is almost and if I had to pick one of the three, I'd probably go with right, Just go with the cheapest one there because uh, you know, he has a similar athletic profile to a chan So but again it's a loaded backfield. Most are the most intriguing to me is RB twenty nine of the leading touchdown scorer, again among running backs on the ground. And when we talk will this offense get better or worse this year, it's really just a I don't see how it gets any worse. I don't know if it's a ton better, Jalen writes, A nice ad adds a little depth to the backfield. If OBJ can rekindle some magic, I'll say better. But overall it's about the same for me.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's go to the Jets. Will note that they put a first round pick into the offensive line, which is going to ultimately be helpful here. And obviously they get back Aaron Rodgers, who's kind of like a new face, all right. I mean they got four plays out of him last year, so Aaron Rodgers comes back. Notably, they did not draft tight end Brock Bowers. They passed on him, which I you know, some people may view that ultimately as a mistake, they went with Olufashanu instead. They they jettisoned almost every wide out from last year aside from Garrett Wilson, which makes sense, and keeping Allan Lazard, which does not make any sense. I assume it's just for contractual reasons. They added Chargers free agent Mike Williams in New York. Williams, you know, you know what you're getting out of Williams. You get those periodic big plays downfield or uses his big bodied box out defenders wedd He's healthy, which is you know, all bit a continuing problem for Mike Williams, but you know, healthy at least to start the season. They also drafted Malachi Corley in the third round. Is really interesting. It's a pure slot receiver, incredibly slippery after the catch, and in twenty twenty two, so two seasons ago, he led the FBS in yards after catch and for and forced missed tackles, which is pretty impressive. He's he's got a little Deebo Samuel to his game. Malachi Corley just keep you know, keep your eyes on him and in in Dynasty, Like you know, I think he's going roughly round four of Dynasty drafts. That's rookie Doney Straw. That's kind of interesting to me. You know this, this whole passing offense for the Jets almost certainly gets better. Obviously obviously gets better with Aaron Rodgers, it goes, It goes without saying Tyrod Taylor's you knew backup there by the way as well. And you know, Garrett Wilson presumably gets on track in a big way, has the kind of season that we all thought he was going to have last year. He still remains a great receiver, and I think just I think a little bit underappreciated right now, because you know, we were all excited about his his year two last year didn't all come together the way we thought it would. I think some people might be a little down on him. But he's going off the board at wide receiver eight, which feels to me to be about about right for Garrett Wilson. So obviously passing game gets better for the Jets. We'll flip over to the running game for a second. Breeshall remains really impressive here last year despite coming off the ACL and getting zero help in the passing game at all behind him, though, the backup situation is worth watching, and Thorn and I talked about it last week. You know, they drafted the two rookie running backs Alan and Davis in rounds four and five, and that really makes the backup situation here pretty muddy, especially with Izzy Abanacondo there from last year, although he really did nothing last season, only twenty two carries, and didn't do anything with those twenty two carries, so maybe they won't even factor in. But just the fact that Alan and Davis are both there, and they're both stylistically very similar, means I don't see a scenario where I'm going to run the risk of drafting either one of those guys and hoping, you know, he ends up being the winner winner should anything happen to Brice Hall, who clearly they're they're very comfortable pounding the rock to like they did last year. But because the whole Jets offense is going to get a lot better, the running game will be more balanced and it'll be better as well. So we've got strong betters on both the Jets passing game and the Jets rushing game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fantasy community not happy with the double the double tap of running backs by the Jets draft.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not Brisall going off the board. By the way, running back two running back too off the board behind only Christian McCaffrey. So a lot of optimism with Breece Hall. And honestly he's my running back two as well. So I'm totally on board with that. Zero problem with that.
Speaker 3: People people flipping a coin between Hall and Bjeon Robinson basically for RB two RB three, I.
Speaker 1: Want the guy who's going to get the ball at the stripe. I don't know that that's b Jhon Robinson. To me, it's not to me, it isn't that close. But you're right, they're being drafted very right by each other. So there is that. Let's take a break when we come back, let's flip over to the NFC East. The Giants have got a variety of new parts. We'll talk about that when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchi and Brian Johnson with you Guillotine Leagues dot com. You can follow Brian on Twitter, BTXJ and I am at Paul Charcie. We encourage you to follow on also join our discord. We got a lot of great conversations happening on discord. Look In the show notes, you'll get a link to our brand new Discord channel. Happy to invite you into that and have a discussion with us. Let's go to the Giants of Brian where there was a lot of offseason thoughts that maybe the Giants would make a change a quarter back, and they ultimately decided to go back to Daniel Jones one more time. Let's see if he can crack the fifteen touchdown mark, something he has not done since his rookie year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not too optimistic that Daniel Jones breaches that milestone, and the drafting community isn't either. As of right now, Daniel Jones is went off the board. Is quarterback thirty? Oh boy, there might be some backups going before him at that range. Just last year he was like a top ten quarterback. I mean, everyone believed in the in Daniel Jones, especially the Giants who gave him like a quarter billion dollars.
Speaker 1: It was not that much. I think it was like a one hundred and twenty million or something.
Speaker 3: That was exaggerating, but that's that's feel. It feels like a hundred for him. It's like one hundred billion dollars and Daniel Jones terms.
Speaker 1: That is true. That is true, So.
Speaker 3: Not a lot to be excited about in the passing game. The only thing to be excited about is rookie Molik Neighbors sixth overall pick in the NFL draft. He's think drafted his wide receiver twenty right now. An amazing talent in college. The sky's the limit for him, but he might be held back by Danny Dimes and his counterparts at wide receiver because no one is really too concerned with Wandale Robinson or Jalen Hyatt, who are just kind of gimmicky slock guys. They're going off the board as wide receivers eighty and ninety four, respectively, so they're pretty much dead in fantasy terms, at least in redraft. And Darren Waller's career might be dead as well. He's on the verge of retirement. Supposedly, maybe he comes back. I really don't care if he does. The days of elite Darren Waller are long gone and they were short lived sadly as well. If Waller does retire, we're looking at rookie Theo Johnson or Daniel Bellinger. There's there's nothing here outside of Malik Neighbors basically, and my hopes aren't very high that he has a successful rookie year. I like how he called off. I think it was Neighbors who made the bet with Jaden Daniels, like who's gonna win offensive Rookie of the Year or something that for ten thousand dollars. Yeah, and then the league stepped in and Neighbors was probably thank god. He looked around like I got no shot at this. Playing for the Giants and going over the running game, it only gets worse because, as everyone should know, gone as Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that a second.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, hit the Jersey Turnpike, headed down to Philly. So in comes Devin Singletary from Houston. He is their presumed starter. Worth noting Singletary has averaged four point six yards per carry in each of the last two seasons, great in pass protection. The Giants guaranteed him almost ten million dollars this season, so I think they're going to get their money out of him. And at RB thirty five, another very viable due the opposite candidate. If you're bypassing running backs in the early rounds and if you go Devin Singletary or even if you don't, I'm intrigued by rookie Tyrone Tracy Junior. He's not going much later, He's going off the board as RB fifty six. I think they're gonna want to see what he has to offer. He will push Singletary for some playing time, but I think Singletary does see the bulk of touches to start the season, and so again a good to the opposite back to target, uh you know, seven, round seven, round eight, somewhere around there. And lastly, will the offense get better or worse this year? I don't know if he can get worse than last year.
Speaker 1: No, probably, I.
Speaker 3: Mean Dan Daniel Jones was hurt, as we all know. It was a total disaster. You know, Tommy DeVito. I almost said Danny DeVito there. Danny DeVito might have been a better option than Tommy Dvito. We had a couple of fun weeks there, but it's it'll be the same at best. I don't think it's gonna get much better unless Malik Neighbors turns out to be the next coming of Randy Moss. But again, I don't trust Daniel Jones to get the ball to them. Enough so there's not a lot to love in New York, especially their new throwback uniforms. If you've seen those that are absolutely hideous.
Speaker 4: They're gonna the ones of those ones of those people will love them are Giants, Burner accounts on Twitter, owner shut those are the only people that love him.
Speaker 1: Going over to the Eagles, Kellen Moore is your new offensive coordinator, replacing the lesser Brian Johnson who got swept out of town and are observedly so based on how he tanked that offense last year.
Speaker 3: Did he get a new job Brian Johnson?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in the NFL T I don't remember exactly where he wound up. Let me let me let me see if I can say.
Speaker 3: I hope it is nothing against my fellow Brian Johnson. But watching them is Washington now watching Eagles games last year, they would say his name like I felt like a.
Speaker 1: Hundred and you turn into the TV.
Speaker 3: Huh what Yeah, nothing more tilting than sitting there watching a game and they keep saying your name over and over again.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine what that's like. I mean, you and I have got the opposite names in terms of frequency. I'm literally the only Paul Charcion on the planet. And there's like one million variations of Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Right, pretty much. There haven't been many successful Brian Johnson athletes, sadly, and you can throw me in that next at least when it comes to the pros. But there was a place kicker Brian Johnson, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the most notable Brian Johnson is the ac DC version for sure.
Speaker 3: Right. Oh, I thought you're gonna say me, but yeah, I guess so to version and the Breakfast Club version.
Speaker 1: Oh was he It was his name, Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: His name was Brian Johnson. I didn't know that, okay, Anthony Anthony Michael.
Speaker 1: Hall, Yeah, yeah, which is you know? They they played him up as being a dorky dweeb, right, but they didn't give him a dorky name like they did like Revenge of the Nerds. All the guys in Revenge of the Nerds have got super nerdy names, right Revenge to the I'm gonna look it up right now for Revenge of the Nerds, unlike Brian Johnson. So they were names like Poindexter, wormser Gilbert Lewis, Booker, Lamar. Those were your core Nerds. In Revenge of the Nerds, they got nerdy names, but not breakfast club Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Not the coolest name ever. They really messed that up.
Speaker 1: Drop the ball there in the Eagles passing game, no notable changes except at slot receiver, where Paris Campbell's going to get another shot to make good on his lofty draft position of the second round for the Colts, but injuries derailed him there. Then he did nothing in a totally broken Giants offense. So maybe it all comes together here and Paris Campbell, you know, this is the presuming he stays healthy, this is gonna be by far the best offense he's ever been in. Devonte Parker showed up in the Eagles, but he's not even notable, and he signed a one year VET minimum deal and I think he gets cut in the preseason. Howie Roseman threw Day three picks at Annias Smith and the Elephantine Johnny Wilson. Wilson totally logjammed for playing time behind DeVante Smith and AJ Brown. But Smith, Brian he played slot in college and he could beat out Campbell, but that's still unclear, and he projects is more of a special team er. An occasional gadget guy, and I don't think Anaya Smith is gonna really make much of an impact here, but you know you could watch that they but this is an offense that's got nothing reliable out of their slot position all year. The new backup quarterback behind Jalen Hurts is Kenny Pickett for those looking for a deep handcuff. Hurts passing dipped badly in the second half of last year, along with the really the fortunes of the entire team, but his rushing production production kept fantasy outcomes very high for Jalen Hurts really all season long, and that likely repeats here and so really no change for this Eagles passing game. Running game, though big changes. Saquon Barkley enters the new lead runner. He replaces DeAndre Swift who went off to Chicago. Barkley to me Brian, he feels old. He's twenty seven, which is not that bad, and he's got one two hundred career carries, which also not as bad as you would think considering he's been a bell coow back for five years. So I think I think there's a little tread left on that tire. And Kenneth Gainwell has done nothing to suggest that he should have a larger role here. They put a fourth round pick into Will Shipley, who looks like a change of pace guy with a broad skill set. But I don't think he is a much of a factor this season unless there's some injuries ahead of him. I look through Kellen Moore's track record with Bell cow Backs Brian and it was really mixed. You know, last year, Austin Eckler was only getting thirteen carries per game. But if you go back to when Kellen Moore was in Dallas during Zeke's workhorse years, Zeke was averaging nineteen touches a game. So, you know, the hope here is that we're gonna see that version of Kellen Moore. If we can get nineteen touches a game. Heading to Saquon Barkley, his fantasy viability goes up quite a bit. You know, Barkley's lost just a lot of his game. I think it was sapped by the l the constant ankle injuries that he's had, and the guy was unbelievable in his rookie year. Year after and it just everything's gone downhill. Last year he dropped all the way to RB fifty one in Pro Football Focus's elusiveness ranking. And this has been a guy who was, you know, pre acl he was somebody that was elusive as any running back in the league. And then, of course the limiting factor on all the Eagles runners, Brian, it's the tush push Jalen Hurts just cannibalizing the easy touchdowns from inside the five and that just to me, that puts a hard cap on all of the Eagles runners. It just the ceiling on all of them, to me, is just very, very high. Saquon Barkley going up the board right now at what I feel is an inexplicable and unsustainable running back six, A borderline first round for Saquon Barkley. I don't I don't under stand how people can how people can justify that that high of a spot for Saquon Barkley when you know he's not going to get touchdowns from inside the five yard line and you also have to worry about the diminishing ability. Why did the Giants just you know, walk away from him and give good money to somebody else, you know, what do they know? So I feel like that's a that's a bad spot for Saquon Barkley. How do you feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not touching Barkley. At that price tag. You can get most drafts, and I've got a fair amount under my belt. You can get Jonathan Taylor, Kyron Williams, who stock is plumbting by the way, Kyraen Williams all.
Speaker 1: The draft that one got from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but still yeah, Barkley way over price. Do you think the Tush push, the effectiveness of the Toush push is going to be dinged by the retirement of Jason Kelsey? Was he the real catalyst behind the toushplus, I mean.
Speaker 1: It was awfully important because the Toush push, it only goes a gap and right, you know, directly behind center, so you know it probably he will not help to have him gone. Nevertheless, I'll take my chances. I think it until teams prove they can stop it. You know, I'm not too worried. You know, they they've got they've got Cam Jurgens, a second round pick to be the replacement. So I mean, in terms of draft equity, they've got a they've got a center that they think is gonna be is gonna be pretty good. So yeah, I'm not that worried about hurts.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Kelsey seems like the guy Jason Kelsey would come in and just coaching him up for free for a little bit too. He loves his former team that much. Let's go to the Dallas throw a few beers back, show up at practice, some.
Speaker 1: Flip flop spears. Yeah, that sounds about right. I'll's go over to the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, Dallas Cowboys. Worth noting they used the first round pick on offensive tackle Tyler Geiton to bolster the O line that has been on the decline in recent years. Was elite several years ago, so that should hopefully offer a little more protection for Dak and helped the running game, which we'll get into a minute. But let's get back to the passing game and Dak Prescott and uh, well, we're gonna start with Dak's top target and he quite literally was the top target in the league last year. That CD lamb wide receiver one right now with the bullet and drafts, basically the first guy off the board after Christian McCaffrey and virtually every draft I've done. CD led the league in targets, receptions, yards. Last year. He was second in touchdowns with twelve just an absolute stud. And I will never let the Denver Broncos forget that they drafted Judy for Cede Lamb, who you and I were both laughing at them mercilessly for doing so all in that.
Speaker 1: And Rugs Let's not forget that. Henry Ruggs went.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Rugs so bad. And and of course Justin Jefferson went after all those guys. But at the time the hype wasn't it wasn't what it should have been for Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I had Lamb one and Jefferson two that year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you good? I didn't have Jefferson that hig. I don't remember, but I definitely liked Lamb a lot. But anyway, that's the past. The Cowboys benefits benefited from that mistake by Denver, of course, but not a lot of uh benefits coming from the other wide receivers on Dallas. In my mind, we're talking Brandon Cooks. He's going off the boards wide receiver sixty one.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I mean, okay, hold on, just stop them. Wide receiver sixty one for Brandon Cooks, is I mean you know, we're talking pick one hundred and forty something. That's you know, that's pretty good value for a guy that sure is Brandon Cook's special. No, but you know, is he good compared to that relative draft position?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know.
Speaker 1: Now I'm kind of interested. Got scored eight touchdowns last year.
Speaker 3: He's more of a best ball target to me, where I don't know, he's hard to predict when his production's gonna come. It's almost like you need something to happen to CD Lamb. I guess there's good value in Cooks. I'm just personally not very interested in either Cooks or Tolbert. If I'm going to target another pass catcher on the Cowboys outside of CD Lamb, it's it's tight end. Jake Ferguson, who was one of seven tight ends to see one hundred plus targets last year. Right now, he's going off the board is tight end nine. That's great value for a guy who finishes a top seven tight end. He's going twenty to twenty five picks after guys like Kyle Pitts and George Kittle, who he outperformed last year. So you know, Dallas, even after they lost Kellen Morris OC last year, they still heavily utilized their tight end, and Jake Ferguson improved. He can get the job done. So a great value on Jake Ferguson if you're going to bypass the elite tight ends, he is a borderline elite tight end available much later in drafts. Love love Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he could still get he could still get better. I mean he's still young, twenty five years old, so you know, for Ferguson, there's you know, there's a real opportunity as really he'll be entering his third year starting a lot of tight ends to the big uptick in year three. I'm really interested in Jake Ferguson. That's a that is a strong play, and he should be going off the board earlier than what'd you say is tight end eight, end nine, tight end nine, tight end nine.
Speaker 3: George Kittle twenty picks twenty twenty five picks ahead of him, which is that's too big of a delta for me. They're virtually the same player in terms of production, I feel, fantasy wise, so because Ferguson's the second option, Kittle is yeah fourth sometimes four, yeah, well sometimes one and then sometimes fourth, and it's really hard to know.
Speaker 1: You know which game you're going to get out of George Kittle at any given time.
Speaker 3: Over to the running game, it's is pretty ugly. Dallas claimed to be all in. They did not go all in in the draft. They did not draft any offensive weapons, including running back, which a lot of people thought they would target in the draft. Instead, they brought back Ezekiel Elliott, who is forty years old in football terms, he's RB forty as well in drafts, just go on a few picks ahead in terms of running backs of Rico Dowdell, who showed flashes last year. I liked what I saw out of Dowdell. He arguably it was a better fantasy player than Tony Pollard, who some people pegged as a a guy who's gonna finish his RB one in the last year's preseason. But Pollard gone, he's in Tennessee. So but this is clearly are surely going to be a running back by committee for Dallas with Zeke and Rico Dowdell. Surprisingly, Zeke caught thirteen or I'm sorry, fifty one passes last year. That was thirteenth among running.
Speaker 1: Backs as a backup primarily Yeah, so some sneaky PPR production from Zeke.
Speaker 3: But again, this kind of feels it's like a fifty to fifty split. If I have to pick one, I'll take the chief for guy and Dowdell, but it's not much of a discount off of Zeke. Just we talked about, do the opposite candidates, I don't really see him here. Dowdell is RB forty three, that's that's virtually the same ADP as Dead and Singletary, who we talked about earlier, and Zeke going around the same range. I would reach half around for Singletary all day over either of these guys. And in terms of the offense as a whole getting better or worse, it's another I feel like I'm getting all the lateral lateral movements here. I don't think they get worse. I don't think they get a whole lot better. I think we're just looking at the same offense as last year, which means Dak Prescott in line for a safe you know, QB eight to ten outcome range outcome.
Speaker 1: I would saying nothing on the ground, not anymore.
Speaker 3: He's got the best, arguably the best wide receiver in the NFL, and Cedee lamb, and you got to like whoever is throwing the ball to him, and that's Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Washington Command. There's there was talk that they could change their name. Can we hates sen that they command? It's the worst name in the Big four sports outside of the Cleveland Guardians, which is even worse. You know, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna, We're gonna go like clean slate on the post Snyder era in Washington. Can we just dump the dumb commander's name? Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta erase everything from Daniel Snyder's exactly. That's the last thing lingering. It stinks.
Speaker 1: It is, which brings us to the whole new coaching staff that's in place. Dan Quinn's your head coach. Cliff Kingsbury is your offensive coordinator. Quinn's a defensive guy, so Kingsbury's gonna have mostly controls at his disposal for the offense. Offensive line is a huge problem in Washington. Last year they got some middling upgrades on low dollar deals on former Cowboy center Taylor beyaz Dish and former Chiefs Guarden Algaretti. But those aren't big upgrades. But they're better what they had, so optimistic that this offensive line will get a little bit better. The passing game now led presumably by Jade and Daniels, I gotta believe he's gonna start Week one or shortly thereafter. They've also got Marcus Mariota, Jeff Driscoll. I don't think those guys are compelling starts in week one. I think they'll go right to Daniels, the second overall pick in the draft. Kingsbury's experience with these similarly mobile Kyler Murray is encouraging, But as we've always cautioned with Murray on Fantasy Football Weekly when we're doing our our in game stuff, he just he's not much of a goal line carrier, and or at least wasn't for Kingsbury. So Kingsbury did not deploy his mobile quarterback at the stripe. And I don't think there's gonna be a case to be made where they're gonna do that here either for Jaden Daniels, because you know, Daniels is very slight of build. You know, this is nothing like Jalen Hurts getting the tush push. He's so thin. I just I don't see him getting goal line work. Kyler Murray averaged just five carries per season from inside the five yard line with Cliff Kingsbury, and I don't even know if you're going to get the five per season on Jadeen Daniels.
Speaker 3: Jayden Daniels not not built like a Josh Allen or even a Jalen Hurts. I saw we'll call it a highlight reel of him running the ball in college, and he's very reckless, like leaving his feet just taking bo nasty hits, and those hits hit you a lot harder in the NFL. So I'm a little worried about him. He's gonna have to I mean, we saw Anthony Richardson go down last year, and Anthony Richardson probably weighs fifty more pounds for Jaden Daniels. So Jadeen Daniels is going to have to learn to get down or he's going to be going on IR sooner than later.
Speaker 1: Rice rookie Luke McCaffrey, the other McCaffrey joins the receiving car, and you know he could walk into the slot roll vacated by Curtis Samuel, but slow receivers under Cliff Kingsbury and Arizona were very unreliable fantasy producers, and many of them, like Rondell Moore, had much higher draft equity and NFL prospects than McCaffrey. Many people think McCaffrey went too early in this draft where he was selected, so I don't have a lot of optimism there. I'll mention former first round pick Johan Dotson, who was an epic failed last year. I had like five really bad takes last year. One of them was Johan Dotson stepping up last year did not take at all. But you know where, let me quick up, look where he's going off the board. Now, I gotta believe he's basically for free John Dotson sixty three wide receiver sixty three right now at that price, I'm a little bit interested. And here's why he's the Commander's best downfield threat. Jaden Daniels got the big arm. So maybe there's gonna be some big plays to be had for Johan Dotson. You probably won't know when they're coming. It's gonna be maybe much more of a best ball scenario, uh for John Dotson. But for where he's getting selected, I'm still a little bit intrigued there. Thorn Nystrom favorite is rookie tight end Ben Sennett. He's gonna need to get past zach Ertz, which may take a while and maybe even all year. Maybe it's next year we're talking about. Ben. Senate is a reliable fantasy starter, but certainly somebody to watch here. They put real draft equity into him, and it wouldn't take a lot to get by zach Ertz at this stage of his career. So I do think the Washington passing game gets better if if only for some deep ball connections from Daniels based on what they had last year for the.
Speaker 3: Running people do not expect sorry to cut you off, youple do not expect to send it to wait long. Not saying he won't. But he's getting drafted aggressively right now, like he's getting paid like people are pegging him as like this year, Sam Laporta, that's the hype that's building around Senate. The price tag is getting a little little hefty for me. Yeah, thanks, Thor swim Ertza. Thorn moves the market yet again.
Speaker 1: The Commanders let Antonio Gibson walk. As we mentioned earlier in the show, they signed Austin Eckler to an eight million dollar deal over two years, which is you know, middling money, I guess for a guy of his pedigree. But you know, Brian Robinson just isn't good. You know, he ranked his Pro Football running Pro Football Focus is running back forty three last year, including ranking twenty second in yards after contact, which is what Brian Robinson was supposed to be great at, and he didn't come through that way at all. Chris Rodriguez got a few nice moments at the end of last year and they ramped up his usage, but it looks like it's going to be Eckler at if nothing else, Eckler's going to be very reliable from a past catching standpoint. I'm just not sure how much of a how good he is as a runner anymore. He was Pro Football Focus his fifty first ranked runner. He dipped all the way down to thirty third in elusiveness and down to forty fifth and yards after the contact. So I'm nervous about what Eckler brings as a running back. And I don't like Robinson either. Just don't like this running game very much. But I think Eckler's still going to have a spot as a receiving back. Just don't obviously, you know, nothing like what he's given us. In years past, Chargers were Pro football focuses. There's the Chargers where obviously Eckler was Last year, Chargers were Pro football focuses. Bottom ranked run blocking line last year and Washington was ninth. So hopefully Washington gets you know, provides him with better blocking, and maybe we get better running performances from Eckler. But I don't I can't tell you for sure that that's going to be the case. And Eckler's going off the board running back twenty seven. So where how do you feel? I feel like that's about right for Eckler. How do you feel about that spot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's worth taking a flyer on him there because again or not again. But for those who forgot, in twenty twenty two, Austin Eckler was essentially Fantasy's top player right points scorer outside of quarter One year removed from that, Yeah, one year removed from that. So hopefully it was more situation last year than skill set. Like you said that, the Chargers were the worst run blocking line in the league, So hopefully behind a better line, he's probably gonna be a little a little motivated to stick to some people. I think you probably wanted to go to a contender, right yeah, in the twilight of his career, and you didn't get much interest on the market outside of Washington. So I think he wants to give a little fu to the whole league. So yeah, I'm buying at that price right now.
Speaker 1: Love it, love it all. Right, Well, there you go, the AFC and NFC East. It's a lot of teams to get through. But you know, we pack everything into just a little longer show than we normally have, which is fine. We get to do that here.
Speaker 3: We only talked about Brian Johnson's for like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: There is that some of it's on us, for sure. Thank you for listening, everybody. We appreciate those of you that take the time to subscribe listen every week. Thank you so much joining our discord. Follow us on Twitter at BTXJ, at Paul Charcian and at gl Chop for all your Kuillotine League goodness. We'll talk to you to you next week, everybody, Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,