Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Statveek along with Carol Mass, so let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News equities reporter Carmen Ryanicky Carmen lots to choose from in the after hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 4: A kind of exciting after hour session happening right now. So I'm watching shares of Alphabet, so that's ticker Googl and Apple AAPL. So Google Alphabet is up almost eight percent right now. This is a huge jump. If this keeps up, it'll be well above a record high tomorrow when the market opens. And Apple is also up about three point seven percent. And basically the reason that both of these talks are up right now is that a judge ruled that Alphabet's Google doesn't have to sell the Chrome web browser. So that, I mean makes sense that that's good for Alphabet. Antitrust is something that's really been hanging.
Speaker 5: Over the style. It's a big deal.
Speaker 4: The Apple move is interesting too, because we were initially like well, why is Apple doing so well? And basically so, these contracts are not exclusive and the payments can still go from Alphabet to Google or sorry to Apple. So basically it seems like the market is saying that the Apple Alphabet relationship is going to keep going. This is lots of money. It's something that had also been hanging over Apple, right.
Speaker 3: So in another way, and the judge did not barrow the company for making payments to third parties for default browser placement, and for Apple, that's been some big money, huge billions of dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: What's kind of cool. The start of Perplexity made this thirty four and a half billion dollar awful offer for Chrome back on August twelfth, so about three weeks ago. Tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see in terms of marketcap how much is added to Alphabet and maybe that's that's one sort of proxy for Okay, this is how investors are valuing it is a recompany.
Speaker 5: Smart takeaway.
Speaker 1: You know, wow, I've been doing this for fifteen years. Sometimes every few years. Every few years there's a hidden jab tarrow.
Speaker 5: Great takeaway. I'm really impressed with that.
Speaker 4: To deal with current I mean billions of dollars. Even just a one percent move for Google stock is no sixteen seventeen billion dollars, So this is going to be more than eight percent that it's up right now in the wider hour.
Speaker 1: So flexity, that was like a low ball offer. Maybe maybe okay.
Speaker 5: Huh because what wait? What did you say? How many sixteen seventeen?
Speaker 4: So I just pulled up. So Friday's move on Google was less than one percent, and that was a fifteen billion dollar change in the period.
Speaker 5: You're looking at, you know, eight and a half percent higher. Wow? Okay, and video just before we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the you know, the big stock that we're always watching, shares of Nvidia fell today and they ended just below their fifty day moving average technical level one that a lot of people watch. I think this really signals that there could you know, continue to be down side momentum here for this stock. This is the fourth street negative session for Nvidia. I mean obviously last week it had earnings that didn't quite you know, make it over the lofty bar that analysts and investors were overall expecting. And then we've really just seen a sell off ever since, which is weight on the entire market. So watching Nvidia tomorrow, will see if it bounces, if we get some by the dip, or if this continues to sell off.
Speaker 3: Still up twenty seven percent here today, just saying also like eighty percent from that April low.
Speaker 1: I will point out too, it was you know, the market was closed yesterday, but it was down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wednesday it fell ever so slightly. Thursday, it's down one point four percent. Friday, excuse me, eight tens of one percent. Friday it fell three point three percent.
Speaker 3: Then today, if you look at something like RSI or like Relative Strength Index, it's moving towards being over sold.
Speaker 5: So we'll see whether or not you do have some other buyers coming in.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.