Speaker 1: Yeah, baby scream in my nightmares and I can't hear myself.
Speaker 2: Get out.
Speaker 3: It's episode one o eight. Oh, Miles and Jack got Matt BOOSTI. As they said, we couldn't get to one hundred. Well guess what. We're at one o eight and we're still going in the sixers. Thet's right, Yeah, the buck not so much.
Speaker 4: The Lakers and Warriors are in the plane once again. Whoop, And we are here to talk about that and plenty more with meeting Sean Dean on today's episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Miles Great and I'm Jack O'Brien and this is anyway It.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Driving spinning.
Speaker 3: From try another three, mister Lodge.
Speaker 2: Be honest, the time looks.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Sean Kane, It's the third way anyway, Sean Kane, third time on, third time, Lucky round ball, rock pot.
Speaker 2: Anyway, and his nickname.
Speaker 4: Yeah anyway, Seank, We got anyway Sean Keene on today, Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got the round take you ask to the whole anyway you want? You know, it's like Kyrie, Oh.
Speaker 3: That's a and one T shirt.
Speaker 4: I like that, that's right, and also got the album America's Uncle Dad Anyway. Good to have you Sean, thank you so much for joining us again for this third time.
Speaker 5: Very very story on in advance of a huge uh playing in playing game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as we recorded, this.
Speaker 6: Probably hosts the nine to ten game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, I guess.
Speaker 6: I guess the Lakers could come an eighth.
Speaker 3: Place though, Yeah, potentially it's possible.
Speaker 1: It's very frustrating to be cheering for the Lakers for on your guys' behalf, because it seems like they keep winning and then they just stay in the nine spot, like yeah, yeah, very frustrating, and it must be frustrating for you.
Speaker 6: It is, it is.
Speaker 5: I will say I don't have a lot of high expectations for the worst taking care of business at any point in the season, but uh yeah, I think probably the best outcome for them would be to draw the Sacramento Kings in the not in the ten nine game, right, That's probably better for them, And uh, obviously you want to not be in the nine ten at all, but I don't I think that ship has sailed quite Yeah, yeah for the words at least, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're currently Warriors streak games back from Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 3: The Dubs right now again.
Speaker 4: By the time you all hear this episode, the final matchup between.
Speaker 3: My Lakers and John Dubbs will have taken place.
Speaker 4: If the Lakers won, they will have all but guaranteed the Warriors wind up in the ten seed in the plane. But overall, I like, you just said you don't expect them to tc B. What are you expecting from this aging group of Warrior players?
Speaker 5: So I'm assuming that Draymond Green was ejected for cooking Anthony Davis in the eye times during Tuesdays lost to La.
Speaker 3: Style, Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And they've gotten to a point of like real false hope right now where they're kind of like, well, this is okay.
Speaker 6: We've we've been beating.
Speaker 5: A lot of the teams that have quit trying or are arresting guys.
Speaker 6: This is okay. And there's even been this.
Speaker 5: Rumor that Clay Thompson is going to be out of the Magic Range, which I'm pretty sure as a rumor started by Clay Thompson's agent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna I was going to ask you about the Clay of it all because I saw those rumors too, and like the Athletic was like, it's the worst kept secret in the NBA, but the Magic want him and you're like, oh, really is it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it didn't really seem like the magic do want.
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's why it's a badly kept secret by Clay's team.
Speaker 6: I love Clay to Thompson.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to be down on him or anything, but this is a situation where I kind of feel like the Words are going to do whatever other business they can do, and then Clay will be offered.
Speaker 6: Left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they're going to give him the amount of money that lets them stay out of the.
Speaker 6: Tax basically, right, And I.
Speaker 5: Kind of think that was I guess he got an extension offer for like two for fifty or something last year, something still fairly generous for the kind of one way player he is at this point in his scrip.
Speaker 6: But I don't really think he's actually gonna leave. Yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 5: It's a weird time for it to come out, but I don't really understand how NBA agents do business anyway, So maybe maybe this is the perfect time for this story to come out.
Speaker 2: Against the Jazz.
Speaker 1: Okay, he got hot against the Jazz in the most recent game, so I don't know what you're talking about, So.
Speaker 3: You can play right there. Boom.
Speaker 2: He did have a couple of shots that made me remember the time.
Speaker 1: He was one of the first players we talked about when we started this podcast, just like him being one of the most fun people to see when he goes unconscious and is just out of his mind.
Speaker 2: Like against the.
Speaker 1: Jazz, he was doing that thing where he shoots it and like doesn't even leave it up, like it doesn't even look like a shot. He just kind of flicks it at the rim and is like turns around because he knows what's going in.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So he was showing signs of that. Maybe maybe this is he he was just toying with us all season. What do you think?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 5: The good the thing is that I guess you can credit him for a lot is he has been playing a lot like he'll he'll play a lot of mists and.
Speaker 6: A lot of the games.
Speaker 5: It's not like the Warriors have all these other offensive options that he's taking touches away from either. So you know, it could be frustrating when he starts heat checking when he's not actually hot to begin with.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, I was a real heat check confidence guy. I just never made the shots, but oh the confidence was there.
Speaker 5: You know, he's unconscious out there because he literally doesn't isn't aware of anything that's happening around him.
Speaker 4: He's Yeah, I mean I was just looking at like, for being thirty four years old and having back to back Achilles and ACL tears.
Speaker 3: He's played a lot, like more than respect.
Speaker 4: So there's I mean, that's he's got that going for him at least.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean he's still he's still in pretty good shape.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's it's just that a lot of it's just basically like watching this team, all these guys can basically hit their top gear again, just not at the same time or like for three.
Speaker 2: Games and consistently.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just they're old, you know.
Speaker 5: It's like you can't you can't really have quite the same expectations. I do think if they'd had, if Drayvon Green had not managed to get himself ejected from I think I think he's been ejected from four games and suspended from seventeen, and I do think the Warriors might have a stranglehold on eighth place without that happening. It's not like I think they would be a contender.
Speaker 3: They just a little bit. Yeah, they don't need more.
Speaker 5: More games, maybe three more games, I don't know, or he would have actually killed a guy. If he hadn't been suspended, he would have missed even more games and been prison right now, I don't know, So he could have gone either way with a lot of.
Speaker 6: The things that happened this season.
Speaker 5: It doesn't it feel like the Lakers have been playing really well though? Yeah, yeah, any Davis does get poked in the eye, yeah, I believe like that's great.
Speaker 4: And Darvin Ham has learned that he can look at the numbers that indicate that playing Torrian Prince all the time is actually not good for the team and playing Rory instead is good. So those basic skills of analysis have crept in. So I'm I'm grateful for that.
Speaker 5: I've been tricked the same way Darvin Ham has with with I think I've There's never really been a point in my life before this year where I was watching Torrian Prince a lot. But I just always had this idea that like, oh he's grade six man, you can do it all. He's like three and D and it's kind of like he's like a six in a lot of categories. It feels like right right, and he's pretty frustrating to watch, even as someone who's not supporting the Lakers. They know it, doesn't they know They've got like a lot of other guys that could be out there right yeah, and are like fans most frustrated by Torrian Prince playing and Max Christie all the time.
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's more more just toring prints. It's mostly Tory. It's more like the why is it really playing? More kind of thing that that's that's always around the group of freaks. I scream out into my phone every time the Lakers play.
Speaker 3: But one last question on the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Go to break is is from your perspective? I know he said, I We'll see what they do?
Speaker 3: Is this it?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 3: Is this it for Steph, dray and Clay? Like what do we is?
Speaker 6: What do we?
Speaker 3: Where do you go from here? If it is?
Speaker 5: Or I mean it's very it's going to be like if they don't, if they lose the first playing game, it's weird because I their economic model is so weird based on all the other stuff they do with the victum and everything. I think Clay's coming back probably like ninety and Draymond is not going anywhere.
Speaker 6: But I think their.
Speaker 5: Priority is going to be to get under the luxury text, and you will see how that that's not usually a way that you're going to keep like stepping.
Speaker 6: On the gas pedal.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, they might do something creative with Chris Paul or see what they could get for Wiggins, but I actually kind of think they're gonna mostly just run it back after the season, which is interesting. Yeah, like not not really a contender move, But maybe they just don't want to be bad, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right right?
Speaker 5: I mean I think also they don't want to pay one hundred million dollars in luxury text to come in ninth, which.
Speaker 6: Right also might be a path not kind of not the best.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, all right, let's let's take a quick break and come back, and we'll take a look around the league.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: And so Milwaukee has lost four in a row as of this recording. Boston, I think they're going to get first place. They are fifteen games in front of no WA just.
Speaker 3: Because math dictates that that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: It's looking good for the Celtics to have home court at least through the Eastern Conference finals. Know, the Celtics have clinched. I think everything. They're clinched the one seed for this season and next season. Somehow they're just like, yeah, we might as well just give it to you guys.
Speaker 3: Can we put like ten of the games towards next season?
Speaker 2: Is how that works.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the Bucks are having trouble to the point that they are only one game up on Orlando. Orlando might end up in the two seed the way things are looking there.
Speaker 2: There are some.
Speaker 1: Wild stats about just like what what's going on with the Bucks? Mainly obviously the theory that we all have on our end is that it's their travel team, the team behind their travel the equipment manager and the bus driver lacked professionalism. But they've lost four straight only hold a single game lead in the lost column over the Magic and Knicks at the time of this recording. On the other side of the coin, the hottest teams in the league would have to be the MAVs. I think probably the game of the week maybe the past couple weeks was there comeback win that eliminated the Rockets from playoff contention where Kyrie and Luca combined for eighty five points, came back from twenty two down, and again I mean, we always talked about Kyrie and Luca have that jenase Qua shot making ability where they're just making, you know, things that look impossible. Kyrie obviously also has maybe the best handle in the history.
Speaker 2: Of the league.
Speaker 1: And it was just took things to Dylan Brooks that made me, made me very happy.
Speaker 4: It felt like Choreo Draft. When he had the ball at the top of the Keno was like, hey, clear out, bro, just just like Kyrie, twist this dude up like a dreadlock, like let's go, let's see it all happen, you.
Speaker 1: Know, playing with his food. Yeah, we're playing with his meat, as Doc rivers, Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen so many like tweets and like headlines are like are the MAVs like the sleeper, like the deadliest sleeper In these postseason I'm like, I think most people are aware of how good they have looked, and the West is just so wid Like the.
Speaker 2: West is so too stacked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when we talk like that's the thing with the Lakers, like any other season, I'd be like, man, the Lakers are like, coming on, Lebron is playing well, They're eight and two over the last ten. Lebron looks like he might be able to take it up a gear, but like, who's he gonna pass?
Speaker 2: Who are they gonna be? Like, who are they going to beat in the playoffs? Denver?
Speaker 1: Like Minnesota? I don't think so, I mean Minnesota, they might have a champ he wins, Yeah, right, yeah, the six he's gonna have fifty wins exactly. The MAVs look really tough and uh yeah, I would be surprised if they didn't make some noise in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But of course they're.
Speaker 1: Going against the Clippers, who are also starting to round back into shape. I feel like they've got one three in a row at the time of this recording. So I don't know, only the weird thing and the people people are going to be like, nah, you're imagining things.
Speaker 2: James Harden is looking.
Speaker 1: Like not that good at the wrong time of the season, you know, like he's heading into the playoffs, and that's that's.
Speaker 2: Not That's not the James I know as the six That's not James.
Speaker 6: That I know, Big game James.
Speaker 1: James hard hard talking about Jimmy Ham another hot team, speaking of which, the seventy six Ers have won five in a row since embiid came back and you know, he's embiid has been used sparingly. Is just like kind of playing himself back into shape, not in the sense that like he let himself go when he was injured, but in the sense of he has one of the biggest human bodies in the history of the species of and like he's just like just like big boned and also seven foot two. Like he just when he accidentally like hit someone with his hand, like I feel like there's probably a time when he you know how, like I'm a clumsy person. I'll accidentally like knock a cup off a table where he's like done that to a wall and his hand has just like gone through a wall. Like he's just so big and he's strong, but like he needs to like build his strength and stamina back up to move his body around.
Speaker 2: That whole body, Yeah, that.
Speaker 5: Whole I don't know why his ligaments aren't constantly tearing the normally.
Speaker 2: Are I think that's the question.
Speaker 6: And everybody has changed direction with that body going that far.
Speaker 1: Speed at the peak of his like when he came into the league, like into you know, I had a couple of seasons of good health. Everyone's like, well it's only a matter of time until like obviously this this will be the first time that he has been going into the playoffs like as well rested as he is, So there's always a chance that this is a really good experiment for the Sixers.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe this is just what we do.
Speaker 1: We shut them down for the middle the you know, everything except the last ten games of the season, and just quatch them get into shape.
Speaker 5: I would guess they're not really that afraid to play the Milwaukee Bucks in the first round either.
Speaker 1: That would be that would be something I would be I'm afraid of the Milwaukee Bucks just because I think Yiannis is extremely motivated to get out of the first round, I would say, but I don't know that. So obviously, Mavericks Rockets was one of the games of the week six or Spurs. I don't think anybody was necessarily check him for that one at first, but it was a double ot victory, and Bid didn't play Max he did and dropped fifty two yeah, seven assists, five rebounds, and then of course Wemby, which Wemby season is coming to an end. He put up thirty three eighteen seven blocks, six assists.
Speaker 2: I don't I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what to say that he had like that scoop dunk where he just went by somebody and was like scoop it, holding the ball like down by his knee and then just scooped it up and dunked it real quick. It like in a way that the ball is moving to It's just so strange. He's so do me, so surreal to well.
Speaker 4: It looks like he's binding up to bull it left handed. Yeah, he's like bringing it back and he's like, you know what, just dunk it there you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah bye. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I continue to think he should get a very serious look at Defensive Player of the Year, even though the Spurs are bad defensively as a team. Sure they are way better with him on the court than they are without him.
Speaker 2: Right, And also.
Speaker 4: The stats to the this blocking stat among players who have contested three hundred shots or more, Wemby blocks around forty percent of all contested shots. The next best is Gafford and Walker Kessler at twenty three percent.
Speaker 1: Yes, everybody knows that who is going against him, so he is just responsible for the most Like I don't know, uh Looper blocks, I guess like just blocks that like don't happen, like just don't exist because he's gone in like into the past and like ye put put the fear of God in the shooter so that they're just like, I'm not gonna shoot what are you kidding? Forty of the shots he contests, it's like that. That was the thing that like I was saying, I thought he was a defensive Player of the Year candidate back in the summer. It was because during the summer league, when he would be anywhere, like on one side of the court, all the shots were either like wild misses or people weren't taken.
Speaker 3: Now they're just like or getting hack they were passing the ball to them. They're like, hey man, no.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's uh, I think he should get a better look.
Speaker 2: I think go Beart is gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think people are like, yeah, he's gonna win, and because somebody deserves to win before Wemby wins the next dozen in a row.
Speaker 2: But uh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Imagine how good that press conference would be if Frey Gobert comes in second though, like Hank Minnesota's playoff chances honestly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, those those French tiers would be God.
Speaker 3: I mean, I imagine like and losing to another Frenchman, Like I feel like what that would be.
Speaker 1: Like, I feel like he's always been cool to though, like, yeah, it has always been cool, but I know, but obviously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got age that, Yeah he's not really Yeah, he's like a little brother even though he's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even though yeah, when they stand side by side, he's like, it is you who is the little brother.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's been there's been some fun reporting on Wemby and like how the season has gone and just how good his work ethic is and his competitive instinct and all that stuff. And the Spurs have gone four and three over the last seven, including wins over the Pelicans, Sons, Nick and Warriors. He seems to be getting better and better as the season goes along, which is wild and I'm very, very excited to see next season. We were all so excited to watch him this season, so for him to have like exceeded expectations is wild.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. But I think he totally.
Speaker 1: Has exceeded expectations in the sense that some of the things that he does are not things I could have imagined happening on a basketball court, like until I saw them or not, like a dunk doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Right, or like an animated comedy about basketball, right, you know that's the Monstar dunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember his first Summer League game too, he kind of looked a little awkward, and I think people just had this idea because of what his body looks like, that he's gonna be kind of awkward, He's gonna look.
Speaker 6: Kind of gangly.
Speaker 5: I think he was just sort of tired from you know, playing in the French finals like two weeks before Summer League again, right, and now it's like, oh, he was just he was just like just warming up.
Speaker 6: Now he's very smooth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he doesn't look he doesn't look like he just doesn't look like an all brittle or that he's gonna get pushed around at all.
Speaker 1: No, he looks very bendy and flexible and like you know, like, uh my dad was you know, old head saying that he really the way he moves reminds him of Kareem Abdul Jabbar, like he's like Bendi. The way he runs is like Kareem and Kareem. Like that was the thing that everybody talked about like was how Kareem was just like.
Speaker 2: You know, super flexible.
Speaker 1: Was the first person that I had ever heard of doing yoga right, and like Wemby seems to have that Like so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, he said much he's physically trying to model himself after Kareem for that kind of longevity because he knows, you know what, what can happen when you're that.
Speaker 6: I think it's most a nutritionist or something too.
Speaker 5: He's been, basically since he was eight years old, been trying to eat future NBA player diet basically right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, if I found out what that was at eight years old, I would bag my parents to be like I need that.
Speaker 3: I need the NBA meal, mom, please please.
Speaker 1: And then I would have eaten it for three days and been like I don't want to do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no yard clippings.
Speaker 4: You're right, mom. My arms may be long, but my legs are way too short.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right. I'm not made for it. I thought the wingspan thing would make up for it. It won't.
Speaker 5: Back in my pa days, I met somebody who had worked crew for a thunderstroke, the Kevin drin Rand movie where he and an eleven year old boy in Oklahoma City trade basketball power seat and apparently Katie's agent just had this like list of dietary things that he had to eat on the set and craft services with like, well, so everybody's eating this, like I'm not making And apparently the whole crew was like in the best shape of their lives after that shoot because they were only it was all just like normally sprout services like candy and soda and there it was like green juice.
Speaker 4: Right right, yeah, cold crested pineapple juice. I get it, pineapple juice.
Speaker 2: He kidding me?
Speaker 1: With the sugar content of that, oh yeah, just with the sugar removed somehow.
Speaker 4: Somehow ye distilled out it's distilled pineapple juice.
Speaker 3: We've left the sugar behind.
Speaker 2: It was just yeah for real.
Speaker 4: Also, it's just funny. Malachi Flynn of the the Detroit Pistons scored fifty points off the bench, okay, and I.
Speaker 2: Like, are you surprised?
Speaker 3: A yes, completely, completely weird because.
Speaker 2: Weird that you weren't didn't see that one coming.
Speaker 3: I just like the this is this is where I want to posit it to the to you both.
Speaker 4: His response right when they said, you drop, you dropped, you dropped a half century on him?
Speaker 3: What's going on a fifty piece for real? And he said, well, I don't think it's a fluke in any way.
Speaker 4: Now, I get you have to be confident, and I respect I respect the confidence. But there's something about him saying that that makes it a little bit like, bro, you come on just say. I don't know, man, sometimes you have a great like. I don't know why I would have preferred if he just was a little more humble about it, but hey, whatever, you got fifty in a loss.
Speaker 2: You don't get into the NBA being humble. But that's true. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess it's it's like it rubs me.
Speaker 4: It's irritating to me when it's like, yeah, man, I did that, It's like I know, I know you did.
Speaker 6: I know you did.
Speaker 1: Anybody's been paying attention to Malachi Flynn isn't surprised by this outburst.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that much exactly.
Speaker 1: Malachai Flynn's No, Malachi Flynn was just waiting, Oh yeah, I'm gonna put your ear to the street.
Speaker 3: The street's been saying.
Speaker 2: My name you of course plural for Malicus. Yes, when.
Speaker 1: Little octopus joke for everybody.
Speaker 5: I think he might be the least acclaimed NBA player to ever put up fifty in a game.
Speaker 2: So there was the Tony Delk one.
Speaker 1: But Tony Delk won then NCAA title before he did. But that that's one that always pops up where people are like, well, I mean, yeah, he scored fifty, but so did Tony Delk, but like you know, he was coming off the bench. Corey Brewer superroducer Jabari mentioned another one who Corey Burr's game was like so often just like getting behind the defense and like getting open layups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he put up fifty one time.
Speaker 5: Brandon Jennings did it to the words and I think something like the seventh game of his career and then I was ever reached those heights again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he always looked capable of it. Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was a bucket, even though like he never really put it together again after that. I do want to just mention because the man who was when being Yama for me before wembing Yama, Zion Williamson, the you know Miles up. I'm sure you remember when we started t d Z. I would annoy everybody by making them watch like Zion blocks from like college and uh, just like Zion jumping in a way that didn't.
Speaker 2: Make sense with me.
Speaker 3: I know, he broke his shoe.
Speaker 1: So he's back to like he had five blocks against the Suns that each one was just violent and like him jumping out of nowhere like a magic trick.
Speaker 2: That was really a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: The you know, the Pelicans are are have the same record as the Suns, so they are either seven or six seed, depending on how the next few games go. Uh, but they they look they're looking good, and he looks awesome.
Speaker 4: Because they're not kind of like the Wemby one, where at Wemby's like you will not shoot around my.
Speaker 3: Hand like Zion's swatting them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like to your point, that's those like those are kind of the fun ones to watch.
Speaker 6: And you're like, oh, because we.
Speaker 1: Used to say yeah, as we used to say swat.
Speaker 3: People when I was playing basketball in human form and not with a controller betwixt.
Speaker 2: That out of my gym. Yeah, I would say, this.
Speaker 3: Ball from my immediate area, not in my house.
Speaker 2: I would say to them.
Speaker 5: Just.
Speaker 1: Anybody who attempted a shot, or yeah, who walk into my house you.
Speaker 3: Were playing basketball?
Speaker 4: No, no, I would just say randomly at Kroger and stuff.
Speaker 2: Not in my house.
Speaker 3: All right, here, ring me up for a three piece tender meal?
Speaker 2: All right? Uh? And Brandon Ingram has been cleared for Uh.
Speaker 3: They're listening him. Yeah, this was always a thing.
Speaker 4: It's like, can they say healthy, because if they do, then we might see something interesting.
Speaker 3: And then when Ingy went down, I was like, Bingie, no, please, Yeah, they need you. I'm really looking forward to them.
Speaker 4: I really hope they were able to put something together because I feel like we've we've been waiting for for a nice, a good, a decent Pelican's performance.
Speaker 1: And now those Lakers fan man, you guys got to be just hope looking for any candidate to slide by you.
Speaker 4: Hey man, it doesn't matter. We'll handle anybody, you know what I mean. So like I like to encourage them. I like to know that like when we defeat you, we've we defeated the best version of you.
Speaker 3: But also, hey man, if you want to boath, sit out, that's fine with me too. That's fine with me too, Zion.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Just take easy, don't break your.
Speaker 1: Shoe, take her easy, she's my lady, and that's what I maybe that's nope, nope, okay, all right, never mind, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and play the fastest segment in podcast We rabbit.
Speaker 4: And we're back, and we're back and we're back and we're bag.
Speaker 3: It's the time of the fourth Coder Rabbit fire Jain. First, a little bit of rabbit fire rap fire red.
Speaker 4: A question, Um, Sean Kean, you have entered the fastest question answer segment in all sports podcasting history. We're gonna ask you a question. You've already done this before. Just respond quickly. Don't give extended answers.
Speaker 3: Or we will be very very rude to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's just it is what it is, so don't be surprised. Crack your knuckles, crack your neck bones, whatever you gotta do, because it's time.
Speaker 1: Why, oh my gosh, Brian's not here today. So you did have to shout at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I shout, lou. I don't know if that he could hear me.
Speaker 4: In Mexico, I had to, and I don't know if he did, but my neighbors certainly did because they just nexted me and said, knock it off.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call the okay whatever, they don't they're haters anyway, rapid fire around. That's where we started. See you're getting me off the game, Sean. Here we go, Jack, you want to go first?
Speaker 6: Should I go first? How do you want to do?
Speaker 1: I would love to go first, Myles. Thank you so much for asking. Hey, Sean, Sean.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, I'm trying. That was a little aggressive. All right.
Speaker 1: So last five NBA Finals by regular season record, so we're all, I think assuming, Okay, it's gonna be the Nuggets, it's going to be the Celtics. Last five NBA finals by regular season record last year was the two seed Nuggets verst the seven seed Heat year before, three seed Warriors versus two seed Celtics, Bucks, three seed Suns, two seed before that, Lakers, one seed, five heat Heat five seed. It hasn't been as predictable as everybody expected heading into the to the playoffs. Give me your dark horse, who is coming out of either the East or West from below the two seed? Let's say, so, it's got to be three or.
Speaker 5: Lower, three or lower, Okay, So if it's three or lower in the West, I feel crazy saying this, but I think the Clippers, I think if those guys actually don't get hurt, they're they're a tough seven game series out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just I just think, yeah, I mean, obviously.
Speaker 5: One of those guys could really get hurt. Sure, And then in the in the East, I'm going with I just don't I think the Knicks are a little too hurt or I would love to choose them in the city.
Speaker 6: I'm going to the Philadelphia seventy six the juice.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite things is that Kelly break is in this situation where they need him to be a gunner and he is.
Speaker 2: He's a three point show.
Speaker 6: He's shaking off the shooter. Shooter yeah, shoot shoot. Uh.
Speaker 5: He had that game that last game when when Maxie had fifty two shot the ball twenty two times, and it's like he could have he could have been shooting more. He's like, it just feels like he's never been this comfortable since he was like the sixth man for the Wizards back in the day. Like it seems like Philadelphia loves him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean, You're really deserves you pick.
Speaker 4: You picked Jack sixers in the East, and then you pick the Clippers in the West.
Speaker 3: Huh wow, Really.
Speaker 5: Anthony Davis is gonna be able to see the basket.
Speaker 6: By the time. He's not gonna wear those goggles.
Speaker 3: Sean has ordained it. You know what's gonna happen. I hate this, Sean.
Speaker 4: Next question, what's more likely to happen to? Why a Heat finals run or a Warriors Finals run?
Speaker 5: Boy, it's a Heat finals run because the West is really good.
Speaker 6: And the East has has its strengths and weaknesses.
Speaker 5: I think say that he the Eastern covers has a lot of teams with wonderful personalities. Yeah, We're like, he's really original, it's a really a nice guy.
Speaker 6: And you're like, oh, it's not really that fun. He doesn't really do that well, right, Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 5: I feel about the Indiana Pacers, like really fun to watch and like a delightful team. Not really the kind of team that has ever tended to have success in the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 1: Sean, you can go back in time and pick any of the following games to personally witness.
Speaker 2: It's Game eighty two and twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Where the Dubs set the all time regular season record, Game three of the seven semis, where the Warriors defeat the Jazz Baron's dunk on care Lenco for Young Steps fifty four in the Garden.
Speaker 6: I think I'm going to that Utah Jass game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Garden would be cool, but you know I kind of missed the words old Arena too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also just the total weirdness of seeing that moment getting excited and they replay it like eight times, and then after like the sixth replay, You're like, is Baron wearing a girdle?
Speaker 6: Like what is around it?
Speaker 5: When he lifts up his jersey, he has some elaborate orthopedic thing that he's wearing underneath there. And I think that the combination of like awe and excitement, and then you know he wants the NBA to have a little mystery like that.
Speaker 6: You know, is he wearing spanks?
Speaker 2: You know he invented them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean he was a great business man obviously.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: He actually spoke to like a class I was taking at once in college because he knew the professor from like when he was going to Crossroads High School, like giving us like weird business like we're all broke students.
Speaker 3: We're like, okay, dude, what I'm going to do with this.
Speaker 6: It's very strange. So the Paron Davis went to Cross so it's real.
Speaker 2: Not in Los Ampius.
Speaker 5: That is like a performing arts high school where I believe the final UH exam every year was you would show run like a month of Veronica's closet that side you had to graduate.
Speaker 6: So yeah, a lot of a lot of show people come out. Has produced some movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean like like Maya Rudolph went there, you know as the Jabari put in the chat Kate Hudson. This is like we're all Jonah Hill basically all of Hollywood's children.
Speaker 2: Jonah Hill was discovered there.
Speaker 1: Basically Jonah Hill was like the funniest kid in some Eroducers Sons class and they were like.
Speaker 3: Was his classmates. It was like, dude, you got to put him in I hard hook a bees.
Speaker 4: He's like, okay, fine. There's the other thing I gotta ask you. You're in the Bay area, Yeay area, San Francisco, Oakland area, Please tell somebody they're in there.
Speaker 3: They're in your area, the Yay area for one weekend. What are three spots they need to hit?
Speaker 5: Be at restaurant and bar or attraction Oh, that's a really good question.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I would say that if you like hiking, you want to hit Redwood Regional Park in Oakland.
Speaker 6: It's beautiful, it's great. Hit that. I really like the restaurant. F'm a superstar at the edge of the Richmond district. I like that you want to go to.
Speaker 5: I really like this Belus Flower and Water that opened up by my old apartment in San Francisco. And when it opened and was successful, I realized that I was gonna get evicted soon. My rent was going to go up because the restaurant was far too good to be like a block.
Speaker 6: From my apartment. And then you gotta go.
Speaker 5: If you're there on a weekend, you gotta really just uh I mean, first, first of all, wear a sweatshirt because otherwise you're gonna end up wearing like a tourist sweatshirt with the golden gate bridge and huffy paint. Because that's what happens in July and San Francisco when the are.
Speaker 2: So cold in the summer.
Speaker 6: Go to guy.
Speaker 5: That geist is a great outdoor beer garden, great Bloody Mary's and uh what good mixed drinks. Just a great little situation.
Speaker 3: Just put that on my list sponsored by our show you just heard listen to the Daily Gust. Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And finally, uh, Universal Studios has reached out to you, uh and they've asked for your help. You have to cast an upcoming buddy cop film.
Speaker 2: Uh. The catch is that it has to be cast with two NBA.
Speaker 1: Teammates uh, current or past Uh to be the lead buddy cop duo. Who are you going with as the lead buddy cop duo in your action comedy?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: I really feel like Tobias Sarah showed some acting chops and hustle, but I think seeing him in a movie would just kind of bum me out too much just to and.
Speaker 6: So I have I have two possibilities.
Speaker 5: One is Tyler Hero and Jimmy Butler just a classic lethal weapon rush Hour like cross racial. One guy's cool, one guy's kind of a dork. And then I would also I think there would be something incredible about a Russell West for Kawhi Leonard pairing where just one character in this buddy cop film does not speak.
Speaker 3: And only one yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. It just does the laugh. You're like, oh, you're you're in trouble, bro, You're in trouble h oh man.
Speaker 4: Well, Seaun Keene, thank you so much for playing with us and being on the show. Where do people find you? Follow you here, listen to you experience the grandeur that is Shaun king in.
Speaker 6: Great Uh you can. You can hear me on the Round Bottler Rock podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm running a lot for Yard Parker, doing some streaming of playoff gains on playback on.
Speaker 6: Twitter on Sean King, s C A K.
Speaker 1: E Ne.
Speaker 6: My album is America's Uncle Beck.
Speaker 2: There you get that wonderful.
Speaker 4: Well, make sure you guys follow the hashtag Matt Boosti's ba sd I yes for show links and updates, and you can follow me on Twitter at Miles up Great.
Speaker 1: I'm at Jack Underscore O Brian m And that's gonna do it. We've done it once again in your face, haters. That is one O eight in the books. Switch from what next.
Speaker 3: Week is one?
Speaker 4: Oh nice and we will see you at the same time, all right, but later bye bye, bye bye