Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to Renee All Day, joining me my only repeat interviews, second time here on the show, Cam Taylor Britt.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm great, man. It's lovely to be back on the show. I say that, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Great to see you. We got to have a little embrace. I got a little cam.
Speaker 3: Juice, just a little bit, just a little bit, you know, we had to get some.
Speaker 2: Way, and I like that. It was just your birthday, Happy.
Speaker 3: Birthday, and thank you so much. Man. I had a great birthday at present.
Speaker 2: You did you did? What all did you do for your birthday?
Speaker 3: I had a game, you know, but yeah, a great game, man. I felt that, and I just you don't want to capitalize off that this week, but it was great.
Speaker 2: And then you want into a bye week. So what did you do with your downtime?
Speaker 3: Kick my legs up and I need it to uh we it was week six seven, you know, so we got early by but you know, I feel like it was needed. Yeah, so I just went to chill with the family.
Speaker 1: You know, what does rest time look like for you? Are you someone that's capable of winding down?
Speaker 2: You have a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of energy. Yeah, but there's this you know where I have times where you know you have to man, Yeah, just is always just.
Speaker 2: Good, good, good good. Okay, let's talk a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean from the last time I saw you to where you're at now, a lot has changed for you. You've grown so much from last year to now. Talk to me a little bit about that. The growth that you've been through.
Speaker 3: I think it's just you know, just repetition and reps. Just having an opportunity to play in these you know, huge games that we have to play in in the playoffs. You know that that helped me. And you know, just this off season was the biggest off season I feel like, yeah, you know, second year, coming in and won the Capitalize Off last year, you know, just in Ota and the spring ball was was great, you know, going against the guys every day, you know, just preparing me for the season. So it's just why not get better? You know, you have everything right there in front of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like a big self reflection guy.
Speaker 1: Do you take moments to kind of like check in, what do I need to do?
Speaker 2: How do I get better? What does that look like?
Speaker 3: It's kind of every day? Yeah, watching film, you know, just you know, critique of myself, you know, knowing exactly what I did when I did it. I said this in the interview, So my kitches ball. I know why they called it it is because I did something wrong. So you know, I just I think that's the growth part of it, you know. Just uh, like I said, playing, you know, and and games.
Speaker 2: What about off the field?
Speaker 3: Its same thing, the same routine. I got my dog, Zeus, so he keeps me busy. Uh. And I'm still on two k so regular schedule.
Speaker 2: Alright, talk to me about your dog. Heard about the dog? What kind of dog do you have?
Speaker 3: For North American masteris?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, So he's gigantic.
Speaker 1: He's that Yeah, my name Zeus, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's eight months.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I got him, I believe springtime, you know the time. And he's just getting bigger and Bigger'm gonna bring him up here. So I think we're all to like.
Speaker 2: The locker room dog bring him in.
Speaker 3: Yet. I don't know about this. Just no, he's just a happy dog. And he thinks he's little, that's the thing. And he Yeah, there's no sitting in the laps, there's no. He has the whole back seat in the car. He has his own couch at home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love so much.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to get a master if. At one point we have an English bulldog and he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the best. He's such a little tank. But mastives is he jeweler? Does he get to everywhere?
Speaker 3: He does? He can't hold his water, so he carries water all through the floor. And yeah, big baby, that's all he is. That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, how do you have time to take care of a puppy? You're so busy.
Speaker 3: He goes to daycare, he does. Yeah, he does go to Deacre, so he's dog friendly and you know, but once he gets out and he sees me, is playtime all over again, like he wasn't there, And you know, when it's time to go to bed, it's time to go to bed. He's gonna sleep.
Speaker 2: Does he sleep in your bed?
Speaker 3: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The thing is I don't at him until he puts his head on my bed and it gets the whining and I'm like, bro, I'm trying to go to bed, That's what it is.
Speaker 2: I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm going to bad news like I've got like a bulldog at Chiha wah, we have this giant cat.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is going on here? What's happening? I know?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like it's that thing you think you're not going to be that person and then you become that person and that's yeah, oh my gosh, we need to bring him down. It would be good for morale. Definitely have that poppy love around here. Okay, so you said that you didn't really feel like you were up to part in your rookie season.
Speaker 2: How did you switch gears when you're feeling that?
Speaker 1: And you know, we talked about some of the self reflection that you do and watching the tape and whatnot, but like internally emotionally, how do you switch gears to all the accomplishments that you're having now?
Speaker 3: Und I just go back to what coach tells me, what my teammates tell me, and this play your game, you know, just play the game that you came here playing. And when I when I do and very successful, you know, when I get out of my technique, get to doing things differently, you know, play in around of different way knowing I you know, just trying stuff out. That's that's not me. So that's what I stand in my head. Yeah, I stay in my head about you know, just be myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard that you always used to be late, you late guys.
Speaker 3: Who I was? The thing was, I was never late in college until like my first year and rookie yar like that was it time to crazy? It was bad, like the guys. It was bad there we call it. And I'm upstairs in the hotel room. Sleep no sleep and we have a meeting. But that's your alarms, not anymore, not evenymore. But the thing is, I think I set alarm for I think seven a m. Instead of seven p M.
Speaker 1: Yeah, many times I think that I've done not stressed to make sure you switch FROMM from PM to am.
Speaker 3: Know, so they got me a lot last year. Most definitely won't be happening again.
Speaker 1: I feel like you can like help America or whoever's watching this, because a lot of people are late all the time. What's like the number one thing to make sure that you're up somewhere on time? How do you get out the door and be somewhere on time?
Speaker 3: Now, Well, make sure those alarms are set first off, that's a good no. I just got to have a routine, now, you know, I don't think I didn't have a full routine coming in last year, was just trying to get adjusted. So now you know it's wake up about forty five minutes earlier. You know, they have the time to actually wake up, you know, to get myself together to yeah, of course, brush your teeth, do everything you're gonna do. So get out, walk him real quick and then I'm on my way. I don't stay too far.
Speaker 1: So I think a dog does you for a loop too, because now it's not just you getting out the door.
Speaker 2: He's got to be fed, he's got to go for a walk. You gotta get him today.
Speaker 3: Care I'm a schedule guy, so you know, he just plays into my schedule and it works for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot to try to get all of.
Speaker 3: Those The huge test it is.
Speaker 1: Who was like the main person that was like buddy, yeah, got us Charpian on time that you were like, oh yeah, I got to figure this out.
Speaker 2: Did you have like a real talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah close Lou Yeah yeah, because Zach. Yeah, they came to me you know and just was you know, real heart to heart, like check it out, brother, We're gonna keep finding you if you you know, don't don't show up for work, and it's it's understandable. It's everybody. You know, they have the same rules for everybody else. So you know, once I really just know honed in on it and I was like, hey, Twin, you're tripping. You're tripping. Man. I had to tighten up and you know, we won't do it late stuff no more.
Speaker 1: Okay, So where you're at now from you know some of the things that we just kind of riddled off to now becoming like a true authentic locker room leader, how do you step into that? I mean, it seems like that just really happened for you in a very short amount of time.
Speaker 3: It's just natural, honestly. Yeah, it's kind of always been that way, you know, like the I wouldn't say the life of the locker room, but you can say that in a way. Uh. I really don't know, man. I think the guys just embraced me, man, and I braced in personality. It's a lot the guys, you know, we just feed off each other, and you know, when they put me up in the front, you know, before we go out in the games. It was a it was an honor the first game that had happened, and it's continued to be a tradition thing, you know, every game. And you know, I don't take that for granted. For for tied cares to come up to me a captain and somebody's who've been here and everybody respect them to you know, Cam you you say something, I'm like, you're for real, you know, and every week you know, uh, it's just like that. So you know, just had the opportunity to get not at all, it's all off the dome, and yeah it is. And I'm a very emotional player, so you know, it really comes you know, at that time, whatever's coming out is gonna come out, and you better be ready to play.
Speaker 1: Renee All Day is presented by Gellette Labs. Gellette Labs is not your dad's razor. It's Gellette's ultimate shaving experience. How have you learned to harness those emotions over the years to be an asset for you instead of getting in your way, use it.
Speaker 3: As a as a as a crush, you know almost you know, as far as you know, instead of letting him jumbleway everything in my head, you know, use it to my vintage. You know, I'm I'm a player that you know, plays this game with a lot of heart and everything, and you know, I want to wear it on my sleep on the field, but wear it the right way. Yeah, don't don't let it affect my emotion as far as you know, getting crazy penalties, you know, busting coverages, you know, make a play you know, and your feelings or something like that, you don't do something good, you know, so just turn it into the good aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about finding your role and lose defense and why were you such a good fit for that?
Speaker 3: He does a lot, you know. I just feel like I could do a lot. He could just put me different places either boundary field we do those, you know, playing man. They specifically put me on certain players, you know, and I just feel like that's what he wanted, you know, as a number one corner. Put it just like that. He wants somebody who can you know, lock that part you know down soon they're over there.
Speaker 1: First thing you do when you go back to a locker room, when as soon as you walk back to a locker room post game, post.
Speaker 2: Whatever, what is like your caditually, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Check that phone so my mama, see I take it instantly to see what she said that. I just know it win or loss, it's always something good and it's just you know, just bring me, you know, back down, I say, from either after the loss of being you know, sad or whatever after winning being so hyped up. It's just you know, that kind of mellows me back out. You know. She she sees things because she's been watching me play football so long, so she actually knows the game. And it's she calls it out in the message. I seen when you did this, son, you did that? You know, fix this, fix that. You know. My dad he gives me you know, tips here and there too, so you know it just that's the first thing I do.
Speaker 1: It's funny how I feel like that is a conversation a lot of guys have. The moms are the ones that really hone in on those, like fine, they know it's not always from the dads and moms.
Speaker 3: Certain stuff in the game and all that, Like if I I'll break wrong or I have a bad break and I tweaked something a little bit but no one will know, yeah, and she'll really call it out and like, so I've seen you did something in the second quarter, I was like How did you know that? But yeah, she sees it, man, and you know that's my one day one. So that's that's what I check in with.
Speaker 1: Talk to me a little bit more about your relationship with your mom.
Speaker 3: It's honestly everything to me, Like as first version that I talk to you in the morning. Basically every day she says, you know, prayers and messages you know, to start the day off for the week for the family. Yeah, my brother, sister, mom, dad, So you know, it's we're inseparable, you know, kind of grew up together. I've seen her go through everything, you know, she's seen me go through everything, and it was right by my side always. I think we've just been, you know, so close that you know, now that I'm older now it's like we're best friends. So cool it is. It's very cool man. Hell nice to have that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you go through so many crazy things, you know, people that kind of want to hang out or be in your.
Speaker 2: Life in some capacity, but to be able to.
Speaker 1: Have your mom and kind of check in with is amazing.
Speaker 2: Mom's are the best you.
Speaker 3: You are the best mother.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, it is really really cool. Your relationship with football, where would you be feeding that football in your life.
Speaker 3: Wow, It's like I don't think I ever had a blank answer in my head. Got them, Yeah, you got me. Uh. I told my mom I was gonna be a comedian. Oh but you know, just to be on the safe side, honestly, you know, I think it would be just to work with kids some way somehow. I don't know if it would be education or just mentoring in some way, but it was just I think it would have to surround myself with you know, just leading the youth, you know, in some way, some somehow. I always do boys and girls clubs to stuff just bowl of thansid, yeah I did. So, you know, just just having an opportunity to to, like you say, lead the way and just show kids, you know, you know, anything is possible, you know, even without going to leave if I didn't, you know, just having the opportunity to you know, just show them in and got them. You know, that would be probably what I'll do.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna put a pin in that for quick second. Gonna come back to that. I want to circle back to the comedy route. So, like your influences, what comedy are you in?
Speaker 3: Eddie Murphy, Cat Williams Bernie like.
Speaker 2: A delirious guy. You could smell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right, so I love all the I like dark humor as well. It goes every which way. Man. Uh what's his name? I forgot his name. I think he's a Mexican guy. He's a heavy set guy. You know.
Speaker 2: He has a little weird voice.
Speaker 3: Yes, glazed man. I used to watch yeh. I used to watch his you know, YouTube little series and all that. Man, he had me dying. But he's great even like, uh, what's his name here? What's his name? Here?
Speaker 2: Who's who here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I mean chall Ohio.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. At your game, I got your ticket? Yeah man, yeah, man, I think honestly. And I was always just a class class so the teachers would it would never be that I was a trouble maker. It was always I was talking. I couldn't just be quiet, you know. And my mom was like, like, you're you're a good kid. You're doing your work, but just shut up. Like I'm like, but you know, I got to make friends. They gotta do this, do that, you know. But you know, it wasn't all about that. I just want to make everybody laugh, and I had the teacher laughing, you know. So it was that's when we're oute that I thought, you know, would work. No football has my heart, so no, no way.
Speaker 1: You ever dabbled with getting on a stage and doing like a little five minute.
Speaker 3: Set, I have to. I don't know, I don't know. I think I could do it, honestly, could Yeah, I think I could, you know, because it happens in the locker room all the time, Like happens in the locker with like no no remore anything, and we really go at the locker like real jokes man. It's fun. So getting on that stage, I think I can home own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that you could too. Okay, we'll have to maybe social media team. We're looking at that little five minutes that happening. I did that when I was like twenty one.
Speaker 1: I thought that I had to do because I loved comedy as well, and I was like, I guess I've got to go.
Speaker 2: I went to like an open night thing and it was so traumatizing.
Speaker 3: Hey I did it. Is the first one though, the first one.
Speaker 1: You gotta like, yeah, just even like do those five minutes and have everyone kind of looking at and you're like, oh god, please just laugh at my jokes.
Speaker 3: I gotta get up there though. Man, they have the three of run through your body and everybody. You got to make them last.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, yes, okay, going back to what you were saying, giving back to.
Speaker 2: The youth and that path for you.
Speaker 1: Last time I spoke to this wasn't in existence, but the Juice Family Foundation talked me about putting that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, it started all back at home, and that's where I wanted to, you know, start everything, just a foundation joining us in community environment and basically you know, I'm all about the community here in Ohio back at home, you know, and I just planning to expand, and that's where I wanted to do it. And started at home at the Boys and Girls Club where we did both of Thians. We had you know, little Chris mus events, things giving things, you know, try to hand out food and you know it's I do it for the less fortunate as well, you know, and I'd love to do it. You know, It's just I don't know, I don't know what you know. It has me wrapped up in it, but I just know how to see people, you know, smile, you know, and you know, knowing when I can do it, you know, it makes you feel better.
Speaker 1: Renee All Day is presented by Jillette Labs. The best of Man can get keeps getting better. Look good, game good.
Speaker 2: What about your relationship with the fans here, because oh my god, when I was at the Seahawks games, my whole section is like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Talking about your relationships honests been great. Uh And I think I can wholeheartedly compare it to you know, Nebraska, you know, and we have you know, fans there are that have been fans for eighty years, you know, and same even here when I got here. You you have the fans I've been here their whole lives, you know, and just now saying that the progress of the Bengals and you know, just come into this city and have the love that they give you. They started their own juice gang things, they CTV chains and doing. It's been amazing, man. You know. Even my mom and dad have fans, like real deal fans who they'll walk out the stadium from the game and people want to do interviews and I'm like, am I the famous one? Are? You? You know?
Speaker 1: They rise to the occasion they kind of a little bit like they do love it, and I hate it because sometimes we can't go nowhere and they'll see me.
Speaker 3: They don't speak to me. They speak to I'm so for real. They speak to Courtney and Daryl Britt. They did not speak to tell brit And it is shocking sometimes because I'm like, you really got fans, you know, and it's all off, you know, social media with them just being interactive with each other, and you know that's what they love to do, man, and it's it's been.
Speaker 2: Great interviews that you're like.
Speaker 3: Yeah they have. I think they did one with like Bingles and Brew or something like that, and I think they were just talking about my childhood. I was like, I told you to say that, like I forgot what it was. But I'm just like, yeah, you spill the beans on that one. And we got a little commo. But you know, man, they love it and you know it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, so second year in the league, how was your fashion involved?
Speaker 2: You really kind of honed it? Not a little something here it's drippy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a little got a little bit outside because I mean I Uh. So I have this person who kind of here and there, you know, throws me clothes here, and then you know, try on and things like this stylest you know, but it comes from juice, honestly, just my style. I don't like to wear what everyone wears. Yeah, and I just try to, you know, step utside the box sometimes.
Speaker 2: What are you liking right now?
Speaker 3: So it's like, how can I put it? It's like more streetwear. Yeah, I'm trying to get into the the bj hill, you know, suit style, you know, because I like dressing up, so I like dressing up, so I don't have a problem with it. But you know, I just I'm more of a h how can I put it? Do you know people in New York dress? Yeah, yeah, that's what it is. That's that's that's just try to step outside the box a little bit, you know, because I believe down South it is a it's really one way, you know, it's one way that you dress. So you know, just being you know, in the locker room, having guys mindset and you just send different things. And I believe you had the opportunity to just you know, just explore and you know, figure out what you like and what you don't like.
Speaker 2: Who do you think has the best style.
Speaker 3: On the team besides me?
Speaker 2: Besides you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh, do you a favorite outfit to while you think about that too many questions?
Speaker 3: Jermaine Pratt has a little style, Okay, has a little style. I like Cheeto when he comes dressed. Yeah. DJ Turner has been coming on the scene too, you know these past a couple of weeks and even throwing me off a little bit. You know, the worst, the worst Trey Hendrickson problem. You see what I got on? You see what Trail coming to the game just like this, And that's what the thing is. That's why I don't think no one in this building says anything, because at the end of the day, Trail is gonna ball and whatever he wears. Man, Yeah, but worst down. I'm sorry, brother, but.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite game day outfit that even so far? You're like, now that.
Speaker 3: What did? I don't even know what I wore? Oh, I believe I wore his prod Of shirt, all black with some it's like latex pans all the flat. Yeah. I tried it, and then I had some hot top rick ons on. Okay, I just try to step out the ball. I got some free out this weekend. Oh really, we got a bi week. I got a little shopping, you know.
Speaker 2: So we got to online, Chopper, you go out and do it.
Speaker 3: I have to. I have to, of course, you know. And if I'm in the store is bad because sometimes I get it knowing that it won't be there. Yeah. So I'm a guy that has to get it right now.
Speaker 1: It almost feels a little less real when you do it online too, like you have charges.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, how much I just dond Yeah, that tends to happen as well. And I get a phone call like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Was this fraud?
Speaker 3: No, that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we've got a little game set up here for you. We've got to tell people what juice they are.
Speaker 1: We've got the white board. We's get it like within our eye line here.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we've got the different juices and you can tell me which player might be which juice.
Speaker 2: So our orange or weight.
Speaker 1: Our juice options are orange, apple, carrot, tomato, pickle, cherry, and cran apple.
Speaker 2: The players that could be associated with these.
Speaker 1: Juices Burrow Mixing, Jay, Hilton, Reader and Hubbard let it rip.
Speaker 2: Who's who would be? I mean, do we start with the.
Speaker 3: Worst way that like tomato or carrot? I believe I'm sorry, Joe Burrow, I believe he would drink that. Honestly, I don't know why, but yeah, juice, you know, apple juice. I think Mike Heton, you know, I think he and mix he can go for the orange juice, pickle juice, somebody.
Speaker 2: Good for electrolytes. So that'll keep you out there. Might be saying, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I think DJ Reader will go crying the apple.
Speaker 2: Oh cherry, it's a tart juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about that. It might be Joe Burrow. Again, I'm sorry to say, but it might be. Uh. I just know how healthy he is man, you know, really take care of his bodies.
Speaker 2: He doesn't need the added sugar.
Speaker 3: I don't think. No, I don't think he wants to added sugar. So yeah, we're gonna go straight to it right there. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, b J might drink holl.
Speaker 2: Of what juice? Would you be?
Speaker 3: Apple juice for sure? Or cranapple? Something to do with apple apples? Plane every time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good plane.
Speaker 3: In the can, all right, all right, you hear that? Done it?
Speaker 1: Give me the good stuff, Okay before I let you go. What do you want your legacy to be in football?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Have you hit her after the juice heavy hitter?
Speaker 3: Uh? And I was a great teammate, great person. Uh that I always gave it my all. Uh. There was never a moment that you thought that I wasn't you know, give him my all? Uh for and and you know God saying that I do be here, you know, for the rest of my career. Like honestly, and it's just I lost it. Yeah, I lost it. Sure you got.
Speaker 2: It all in there. I feel like you still hit it. Very strong teammate to be.
Speaker 3: That guy, I think that's really honestly it man, just to be you know, remember that someone you know who who didn't take no issue on the field, man who played the position you know how it's supposed to be played, you know, and especially in the locker room. Like I said, it's just been a good teammate in person.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for joining me. When I figure out a way to get you that five minutes set it's happening, I will make sure that you have that red delirious leather suit.
Speaker 2: You'll be ready to make sure it's breathe. The ball they wanted to breathe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you,