Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this afternoon episode of Botrendio Soka. Yes, yes, that is a little bit of inside baseball or I guess football in this instance, because yes, Arsenal's beloved winger Bukayo Sokka number seven did come back against our win against Fulham and scored. Actually it was beautiful and I was in tears. Okay, I'm not gonna lie so cry. He fucked up his hamstring, he was out, and our fucking our season took a shit because we had no attacking options. And he came back and he scored, and he's our very own he's our star boy. Shout out Vanadium Silver, you know, and other gooners that listened to this show. And I know gooning means something completely different on the internet, but this is for people who support Arsenal. The gunners and the supporters are called gooners. Okay, had nothing to do with some other shit, and if it does go ahead, that's you, do you, But in this instance, I'm talking about that anyway. I'm Miles Gray and I'm uh you know. I'm joined by Jackie Neil.
Speaker 2: Hello Jackie, what is up? Miles? Play Yuh?
Speaker 1: Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Good to see you, always good to see you.
Speaker 1: Let's get into what is trending today. This is Wednesday, April second, twenty twenty five. Liberation Day is trending because as we speak, Donald Trump is just rambling on the White House lawn talking about what the tariffs will be, won't be, who it'll be, We don't know. We do know that I'm pretty sure farmers will not get any exemptions and this will bring untold terror, so we'll see. We still don't even know what the actual percentages are and how they're going to be applied, but I'm sure that'll be for another episode and we'll touch on that as well as the next thing that's trending. A lot of people are making fun of Elon Musk right now because boy, he really he spent twenty million dollars just to lose, just to lose, and he.
Speaker 2: Said, honestly, honestly, I think we can do better. I think we can go much harder. Yeah, making fun of him, Oh yeah, I think we can go much much harder. Oh yeah we should.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. If you see Elon Musk, you are duty bound to at least boo, at the very least like don't like this dude.
Speaker 2: Call him a name, yeah, ship my name? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, Look, Bro, I'm not trying to bald shame people, but you know, look my hair is gone, but the hair plugs. I bet he'll feel real bad if y'all called out his hair plugs. He would, you know, Lebron doesn't like it. Lebron doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: Call him, you know, the muffin man.
Speaker 1: Oh just like you know, yeah, call him like Eon or like just miss mispronounced his name. He probably hates that shit too. Also, Lebron, he's got to sort out the back of his head too, because I know he'd look, all the plugs were reinforcing the front of his hairline. Yeah, then the back now, Lebron, I know you don't have a mirror.
Speaker 2: Do you think? Do you think because remember like like six seven years ago, he after the finals he shaved his head and people was like, oh, he's finally like, oh he didn't. Do you think because like his number is twenty three, he's always compared to Michael Jordan. Do you think the only reason he won't let it go is because of Michael Jordan? Doesn't want one more thing?
Speaker 1: Either way, you are still going to be compared because all the goats go bald.
Speaker 2: They do, and he is too. He just won't let it go. He won't let it go.
Speaker 1: And it's fine. It just looks something. Look man, just embrace it. Bro Like. As much as I think about there are many times I'm like, yoh, I go to I spend way too much money for something so superficial, and every time we hell no, I won't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I think it doesn't work on black men as much as it works. It's hard men because.
Speaker 1: Kind of hair is different because you just got to keep it short.
Speaker 2: You do. You got to keep it short. And I think you can't tell me he hasn't paid has.
Speaker 1: The best black hair plugs?
Speaker 2: Who has them? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of who what black slar? I mean they say Jalen Rose has fake.
Speaker 2: Jayalen Rose got fake hair, but Jalen more like will.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It's a hair piece, that's even. That's like some Steve Harvey shit. Yeah, it's either a piece or nothing.
Speaker 2: Because the plugs, the plugs don't work.
Speaker 1: I don't know, the plugs don't work.
Speaker 2: The plugs don't fucking see.
Speaker 1: That's why we have beautiful black skin that you can in your head shape is beautifully shaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shame, but he went ball, he said fuck it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and this ship looked like a shaved chow chow's face. But that's all good, that's all good. Anyway, where were we?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was talking about Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Calm shihead, calm shithead, call him an asshole.
Speaker 1: What else is trending? The Supreme Court? Look at them. They're doing the thing where they're trying to kind of duck and cover because they've enabled this monstrosity known as Donald Trump. They have actually sided with what is left of the Food and Drug Administration the FDA, because basically what happened was, during Joe Biden's administration, he denied an application from a Dallas based company to sell like vape juice called Jimmy the Juice Man in Peachy Strawberry and suicide bunny mother's Milk and cookies. That also sounds like the worst suicide bunny suicide bunny mother's milk and cookies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh I.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that they were basically there was a dispute over that and They're like they went way too far, and the Supreme Court was like, no, that they're the Biden administration wasn't violating federal law there.
Speaker 2: So sorry, sorry sorry. Also, you know sweet sweet flavored vaping?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Brian, Brian did mention yet Jamie Fox does have that tattooed hairline on.
Speaker 2: Really, I thought he had a head tattoo. I didn't know he has. You haven't a tattooed lining.
Speaker 1: Well something, Well it looks sometimes well, I don't know. The way he shows up, it's very much like it's drawn on.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I guess I just see him with different hairstyles and shiit a lot. Yeah, Like I feel like he could still grow hair though, or can he.
Speaker 1: See I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's so interesting.
Speaker 1: You know who has the best hair plugs in the game, though, not a black person, Antonio Benders.
Speaker 2: People don't realize those are hair plugs.
Speaker 1: My man's fooling everybody, and he's still They're like, damn, look, how does Antonio do it? How does Tony do it?
Speaker 2: Tony flags Man still got them good as gen Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, or good tickets to Istanbul all right, and then also, what is trending switch to Nintendo switch to? Are you much of a Nintendo gamer?
Speaker 2: I'm not a switcher. No, I'm not a switcher. You're more consoles code switching, but no. Professionally speaking, I don't do Nintendo. But I didn't know it was this fucking expensive four fifty that's the PlayStation five. So I'm wondering do you think let me ask you, because I know you you do switch, ye, if I'm not mistaken, right, but you also console as well. I'm mostly do you think four fifty? Do you think the prices should be comparable between like a switch and a console, because they.
Speaker 1: Pretty much this point at this point because I think I think that Nintendo already has there's such a culture around Nintendo as a console, and you can play it on your TV like a console. So I don't think you can't think of the switch as it just limited to being like a portable handheld.
Speaker 2: Well, because I know that, which is why I'm saying I think it should be more because you can't pick up a PlayStation and take it Jack, listen, let me tell you that this should be sixty, It should be six to fifty and a hundred of that should go right to the CEO's pocket. I think I wouldn't be I wouldn't be against the argument that if, like a PlayStation five is five hundred, the switch is five fifty. I wouldn't be against that argument because you can't play it on TV. It has a lot of titles, it's very fucking popular, it's a classic brand, and you can pick it up and play it anywhere, which gives it additional features that a PlayStation does not have.
Speaker 1: You know, who will be against that? Who the fans.
Speaker 2: Cancel forever?
Speaker 1: They were like no, like yeah, Nintendo, but like, yeah, it looks I'm saying Nintendo should make more money. Yeah, but they're doing fine.
Speaker 2: They're doing They're doing they're doing fine.
Speaker 1: They're doing fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm you know, I make it all free, make it all free.
Speaker 1: There you go, he's back. He's back. He's back in his socialist back it rob them. Yeah, I mean it's there's like a new chat function on it. It looks I don't know, I'm ready listen. Also, I lost my you know, I lost my switch in the fire. So I'm in the market. I'm in the market. So this definitely appeals to me for me.
Speaker 2: It appeals to you. Okay, yeah, okay, yeah, and I think you get it. Nintendo, send this man to switch for free. Yeah, June fifth, come on now, give it to me for free. Two weeks. That's two weeks before is away from June.
Speaker 1: A week after June teenth in Texas.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that, and you're in Texas and I'm home of it all.
Speaker 2: Baby, listen, all the black people in Texas, make sure you show you better exactly.
Speaker 1: June juneteenth plus seven is the name of the show. That's how they talked about D day, like d D plus one, d D plus two, D day plus. I think it's the same thing. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk about some other kind all kinds of things happening right after this, and we're back. Jean Claude van Dam Okay, I haven't thought of him in a long time. He has just been charged with sex trafficking in a Romanian court by the Directorate for Investigating Organized Crime and Terrorism because they are saying that he knowingly engaged or alleging that he knowingly engaged in sexual relations with women that were trafficked by a criminal group. It took place I guess at the in can Like, I don't know if it was at the film festival. But the actor is accused of quote having received five Romanian women as a gift with prior knowledge that they came from a group of traffickers. Is j Yeah, what is it Romania?
Speaker 2: It's like everybody go there to sex traffic. It feels like, I don't know what is going.
Speaker 1: I mean, it must be something where they clearly felt like they can take advantage of the laws there to get away with it. But I'm I'm imagining all the extra attention that is on the country because of the Tate brothers. Maybe he makes this either way, I mean, like, you can't be engaging in sex traffic. What the fuck you're talking about here? But yeah, God damn John hey Man, I'm glad we haven't heard from you because I forgot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like Struggle. It's so funny because he's one of those names that like we remember from childhood. Yeah, and I'm like, outside a street fighter, I don't remember any other geankarp Vandel like that, you're the street fighter, Mine a street fighter. Yeah, I'm like what else?
Speaker 1: Sport hard target. I forgot.
Speaker 2: I forgot all those movies.
Speaker 1: Man fucking Time directed by Peter Hymes. His son Cop was one yo. It's so the director of Time Cop, this guy, Peter Hymes. His son is like one of these white dudes who's like all up in the freestyle rap scene, like doing like freestyle rap battles. It's it's it's kind of wild. I was like, I remember not hearing from him, like because we have mutual friends as like little kids, little little kids, and then like you know, like Facebook kind of like bubbles up names again like back in the day, and I saw it and he was like at the center of like these like freestyle rat battles, like kind of like King of the Dot kind of a cappella rap battles. Very strange.
Speaker 3: Wow, there's Time Cop. Then there was the one with Dennis Rodman. Oh that's right, he did do a movie. What was that called Double Team, Double Team, Double Team Ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all coming but what's that song. It's all coming back to me now, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Not a coming back. I'll coming back to me now.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's it. Yeah, okay, okay, I just need to be I needed to hear his sex traff again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first Double Impact is the other one I was thinking of where he's like plays his own twin.
Speaker 2: That was anyway, So I tell you something, I something funny. I just remember this like literally in a second. So I've done I've done like a few, like over ten dubbings. And for anybody who doesn't know what a dubbing is, basically like like squid Game that when it's in English, that that's a dub from its original language. So I've done the English dub for a few things. And I was like in an English dub of a Jean Claude van Daale movie like two or three years ago. Really, I can't remember what the name of it was.
Speaker 1: What kind of dialogue were you doing?
Speaker 2: It was an action movie, I think my I think I only I think it was. It was a movie. I was a supporting character, and so like I can't remember the dialogue, and then I know I had to like fight and grunt and all that shit. Yeah, like dubbing, honestly, you just you literally go in. You do not know anything about what you're about to dub, and it's basically like karaoke. It's just like a screen in front of you, and the lines are like going like in a in a scroll, and you match them up. When you're supposed to hit the words, you're supposed to hit the words. Which is why, you know, when Squid Game get all that flak for the dubbing being bad, I was like on the dubbing side because I was like, y'all don't know how hard this is. It's not easy to do. And then also, whatever the translation is a lot of times does not match up with the English words. And so unless you want the last Mercenary editor is out here. Mercenary that was. That was the name of it. I don't even know if I was credited on it. They don't really credit the dubs, but anyway, and then so like unless you want, like what I'm saying to continue talking while their mouths aren't moving, then we have to like change the words to kind of make sense within the way that the mouth is moving, so it's not so outlandishly off. So that's why a lot of times, like when they be like, that's not what he said and whatever language it is, yeah, because nothing translates one to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, and like it's also guys, it's not hard to read subtitles. It's better too. I mean, I'm not trying to take your job.
Speaker 2: But squid game, I don't care.
Speaker 1: A lot of the time. There's just so much more emotion that is evoked even if you don't understand the language that you can just sort of read the translation and yeah, it makes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to do because, like you are, because I'm an actor and so like I'm reading this line and I'm also but I can't really act right because like it would change my cadence. My cadence is different than whatever I'm dubbing, and so it would change my cadence, it would change whatever I'm saying, you know, So like you have to kind of be narrow in what you're doing where its kind of sounds like what they would say, but it sounds fake and canned because like you can't really act as a performer.
Speaker 1: Hey, Zechgang challenge. Go watch the Last Mercenary and try and find where Jacques is talking and then tag him in the Instagram story so we can see it. Please not you, Brian, I know you're about to. Brian is in the chest saying on it. No, not you, Brian. I know if this guy you probably already have the fucking film downloaded because you have every movie file fucking known demand other things that are trending. Uh, TikTok, so they are basically they The deadline is April fifth for TikTok to basically sell their the company, so it's not it's no longer owned by a Chinese company or else again, they they face a ban in the United States because this was a law that was passed in Congress last year. So the latest rumor is that Amazon has reportedly submitted a bid to try and buy it, which I'm like, oh, that's all bad, Like you want something, you want to fucking oligarch that's fully bowed up with the Trump administration to then take control of another social media platform like TikTok, all bad. Luckily, according to The New York Times, Amazon's bid is quote not being seriously considered. But I'm sure time will only tell because this guy's so much money, he'll maybe just keep uputing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But there's definitely other people who are a bidding on the company, like uh, you know, former Dodgers owner Frank McCourt and like a you know, like a couple of venture capital companies. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: You want to you want to put a bid in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got like fifteen bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're that got about full on it as.
Speaker 1: Nineteen all right?
Speaker 2: Bet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should hold on. We should call Elon. Let me call Elon.
Speaker 2: We call Elon. Yeah, dude, what do you what do you think? What do you think is gonna happen? Do you think? Do you think it's gonna is TikTok?
Speaker 1: They have to sell. I mean, if they want to keep operating the US, they have to sell. I just think do you think they will? Do you think is it done? Or do you think the sale is a sale is going to happen. I think a sale is going to happen. I don't think it will be Amazon. I think maybe they are a little more wary because of Jeff Bezos and how he's just gonna complete I don't know. I mean, honestly, why do they give a fuck? They're about to sell it for a fuck ton of money. So there's The other person is the founder of employer dot com, Jesse Tinsley, has also submitted a bid. Ever heard of that? But I have heard of Oracle, and I have heard of Blackstone. God, that would be dystopia. That's probably the one that it goes is Blackstone, the private equity firm. And we just fully embrace Ali. I mean, look, we already have. And then finally, burner phone is trending because an article for Coming Out of Canada is talking about how US Customs and Border Protection CBP has the authority to search your phone when you are traveling across the border, including US citizens, and they're saying and definitely Canadians. This is on an interview on CTV News. She said in the past, border guards would just use this to look for like drug trafficking or stuff like that, or like you know, like problematic child sex images or shit like that. But recent examples that they've seen guards might be denying people to foreign nationals based on political leanings that they find in their social media accounts and apps and things like that. So one person was like, hey, man, if you're worried about it, maybe you just carry a Burner phone with you when you travel. Oh, which in a way, I think it might be useful for Americans too, like you know, maybe.
Speaker 2: Carry a Burner phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just in general, you know what I mean, Just in general, you never know, you never know, you might never know.
Speaker 2: You got to make a deal, Yeah, exactly, never know.
Speaker 1: Seeing this would be a great time for track Phone to advertise on this show.
Speaker 2: Track phone, the phone that can't be.
Speaker 1: Tracked, exactly, a gay trap phone.
Speaker 2: I learned about I learned about all that and Enemy of the State, remember Jan Hackman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rest in Peace? Yeah, dude, that was a great movie.
Speaker 2: I loved Enemy of the State. That's one of those movies Smith movies.
Speaker 1: Did that movie make you think like you understood how the government worked as a kid who came out, I'm like, yeah, it's exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, this is what they be doing. This is what they be doing, mam, this is what they be doing.
Speaker 1: Look at this. There was also Oh that other fucking was that Mel Gibson movie? Was that called Conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think yeah, I think we're talking about Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was also like kind of off the rails, Like I remember that was like that back in the day. I was like, that's how that's the Illuminati handshake that he did?
Speaker 2: So dumb, bro being so fucking dumb being by the way, I did I did find I after Brian thought of a movie name, I searched my email uh to find the offer for the Last Mercenary, and I do know the role name. I could say it unless Bro.
Speaker 1: Brian found it already.
Speaker 2: He found the role name.
Speaker 1: Bro. Did you find the clip already, Brian? It's already downloading. It's a little slow, but I found the English.
Speaker 2: Dough It's it's It will be on the servery this this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, send me that, Send me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I truly have never heard anything that I've ever dubbed before.
Speaker 1: Your voice shows up in the darnedest places, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know and here.
Speaker 1: Hey, some might say you have achieved ubiquity. All right, well that is going to do it for all the trending stuff today. We will be back tomorrow with another Banger episode where we will be talking about numerous els that Elon Musk and the GPF taken. So a bit of nice, nice nice for that episode. Until then, take care of yourselves, take care of each other, get your vaccines, be smart out there, don't do nothing about white supremacy, hate, bigotry, all that nonsense. And we will talk to you tomorrow. Bye.
Speaker 2: Peace,