Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Maren Talks Money, the podcast in which people who know the markets explain the markets. I am Maren Sumset Web and this week I am speaking with Duncan LaMonte had a strategic research at Schroeders. I invited Duncan on well, partly because he's been on before and he's very good, but also because he's got a new bit of research out on how one should invest in stagflationary periods. And as geopolitics is remarkably volatile at the moment and there's nothing like volatile geopoliticis give you cagflation, I thought we would have him on to talk about it. I was talking about a variety of other things. We talk about the AI bubble, or maybe not bubble. We talk about UK equities, and we talk about some new research that he is doing that may have a fairly massive effect on the US market. Well it's not that his research will have a massive effect on the UK. Marketers that think he is researching might have a massive effect on the UK market. You all know what I mean. Anyway, Duncan, Welcome to Marin Talks Money.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. For having me on. It's great to be here right.
Speaker 2: There is a lot going on. I've been on a lot Inay for a few weeks, and I come back and I find that everything's gone slightly now, says. There's massive momentum moves in the market all over the place. I've been looking at the costb and worrying about all the retail investors in Korea who are getting margin called. I've been looking at the Nicket, which is now done quite a lot as well from its hires, although it was had a marvelous time, so we don't need to worry about that. I've been looking at the general shifts across the market. Was beginning to see small cups outperforming some places. We're beginning to see the big technology companies in the US underperform a little, the chip manufacturers in career having a very torrid time. There's just there's a lot going on. And that's before we even start on geopolitics. War, the yen moving all over the place, Bondyell's moving all over the place, missile's drones moving all over the place. There's an awful lot going on. When we look at our portfolios these days, what should we be concentrating on and what should we be thinking about about from so fair basically.
Speaker 1: So, I'm perhaps a little bit boring in the sense that I think that we can spend an awful lot of time trying to predict our forecast what's going to happen, and the chances of getting any of that right are actually quite low a lot of the time. So rather than trying to guess what might happen next, my general approach is to think about like prepared, don't predict, so to think how is your money invested and how might it perform if you were to go into different scenarios. And one of the ones that I think that we're hearing an awful lot from our clients this year is around the risk of stagflation, so growth being weak, inflation being high, partly based on what's been happening in the Middle East, and what might that mean for the portfolio. So I think it's a very good place to start when you're thinking about robust outcomes for your portfolio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so looking at the history of stagflationary events and seeing what happens when that happens, while you look at our current environment, you say, well, might we have stagflation. I mean in suttinly. In the UK we're very prone to inflation anyway, and we keep putting in place policy after policy after policy that embeds inflation further into our economy. But globally we can suspect that it is possible that we might see about this stagflation because of rising oil prices and energy shortages.
Speaker 1: Et cetera exactly, And I think most people's natural response would be to assume that this is a pretty terrible time for investing. That's the reaction. I hear people say, surely stagflation is awful for the stock market, and we look to the data going back all the way to the nineteen twenties, so one hundred years worth of data. And it is true that stagflation is a challenging time for the stock market. It is more challenging than pretty much any other outcome you can have. But it also so isn't actually as bad as people might expect. It doesn't mean a kind of run for the hills ditch stocks scenario. On average. Actually the stock market managed to roughly match inflation. Isn't terrible if it's a high inflation environment, And actually, more often than not. It still beats cash, so harder going, less conviction of high returns, but actually still not a terrible outcome for stock market investors. So a bit of reassurance. I think there, okay.
Speaker 2: And was that the case in the seventies. If you had equitied at the beginning of the nineteen seventies in the UK and you still have the same ones at the end of the nineteen seventies, would you have been an inflection?
Speaker 1: So I was looking at this more for the US because I had the data going all the way back to the nineteen twenties. The unfortunate reality of these things is that you get a better, longer data set for the US. I love a good data set, but there's always a risk that the future is not going to be like the past, so we have to have caveat caveat, caveat. But what I did was I looked at any calendar years when inflation was above its ten year average and growth was below its ten year average, and then looked at the performance of of stocks bonds the sixty forty portfolio. I said, stocks normally managed to match inflation beat cash. YEA, bonds tough, It's a tough environment. If your interest payments are fixed and inflation goes through the roof, that is clearly not a great outcome. But they kind of traditional sixty forty portfolios are really interesting ones. So it feels like pretty much every single years you read a ton of articles which say the death of the sixty forty. This portfolio, which lots of people rely on, is just a kind of base case balanced portfolio. People saying it's time for it to die. It's not going to work anymore. And again sixty forty finds it challenging stagflation when I looked at the data. But actually it has a better media and outcome than either stocks and bonds and isolation, and it actually outperforms cash more often than not too so I think that again bonds, it's not great for bonds, but I don't think we should just rip up the whole investment playbook and actually the portfolios which have served investors pretty well. The sixty to forty still has a place you're not going to get as good diversification benefits. But it also doesn't mean that you should consign it to the dustbin either.
Speaker 2: But it's a matter of when we say the sixty to forty, and we're talking about a portfolio that is forty percent bonds and sixty percent equities. Both those things, bonds and equities, cover a vast universe of potential choices. Yes, so when we say in a stag pleasure and re environment, you can still have a sixty to forty portfolio, that forty percent that you might have in the bond market, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: So in the forty there was initially just talking about long dated government bonds. You're absolutely right that there is a whole universe of things under each of these umbrellas. And that's where I think you can say, yes, your standard just I don't know, equities plus sixty percent equities plus forty percent long dated bonds, it's okay, But you can do better in both of those. So in bonds, a pretty simple hack actually has been just to invest in shorter dated bonds. Shorter daty bonds. Their prices are less sensitive to what happens to interest rates, so you've got a more steady source of return. And historically just doing that one simple trick would actually have led to better risk adjusted returns.
Speaker 2: But when you say show to sorry, how's show to you? Toking.
Speaker 1: I think so five year bonds as opposed to twenty year bonds.
Speaker 2: Five year bonds as opposed to twenty.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. So people might be normally have invested in very long dated ones as a kind of risk hedging asset. But if you're going to something that's nearer to kind of five year point then actually or even shorter than that, then prices are not going to move around as much, They're going to be less volatile. You'll have a greater certainty of what your return is going to be, and historically your risk adjusted returns have been better. I'm talking government bonding. The same applies in corporate bonds. If you're investing in a corporate bond portfolio, if you decide to invest in shorter dated ones, so again, something around the five year point or even shorter, you can have greater confidence in what your returns are going to be than if you're investing in longer dated ones.
Speaker 2: That makes complete sense. But most ordinary investors, they won't be investing in individual bonds. I'll be investing in a bond fund, right so it's hard for an individual investor to have any control of the duration of the bonds they hold.
Speaker 1: Right, you say that, but actually are there are plenty of funds out there which we'll invest in different maturity buckets, so you can have ones that focus more on shorter dated corporate bonds for example. Yeah, we manage portfolios like that at Schroders, so we have ones that are for different clients who are seeking different exposures, different outcomes they are looking for. Schroders manage short dated corporate bond funds. Lots of other competitors in the market will as well. You can probably invest in ETFs which target different parts of the market as well. So I think it's I think you're right that people might just have invested in a let's call it a corporate bond fund, but there is a lot more available out there than just those kind of vanilla ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So that takes care of of a forty percent of a word about stipulation. Let's look at the equity component, which I think most people find easier to manage somehow. What can you do inside your equity portfolio to only have the bits that will withstand this environment better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So again I had to look at the different styles and the different sectors. So styles looking at say value versus growth, small cap versus large cap, high quality versus low quality, and different sectors too, and some of these are intuitive, like more defensive sectors typically do well, So things like healthcare, utilities, consumer staples, the kind of things that you buy anyway no matter what is happening, So it doesn't really matter what happens to growth, you're still going to be needing to buy some of these things. Energy equities. Again, it maybe seems obvious, but energy equities because if energy prices are causing higher inflation while the company's profits are going to go up, blocks it's maybe a little bit more interesting on the style point. So value tends to outperform growth, So value companies, So many companies which trade on cheaper valuation metrics often unloved in some way. Whereas your growth companies are maybe your exciting, sexy tech companies that people think are going to grow their awning super fast in future. The growth ones tend to struggle more relative to value. Partly, I guess because maybe that growth doesn't come through demand is maybe weaker, partly because sentiment turned against them, and also partly is because valuations tend to fall in this environment. So even if you assume that there's going to be an a supercycle and that's going to support the growth of the big tech companies, there is still a risk to the valuations, and that's what we've seen recently, to be honest, is quite incredible. If you look at companies like in Nvidia, it's price earnings multiple today is the lowest it's been for a decade, which when you consider we're in the middle of an AI boom cycle, one of the companies that's at the very center of that cycle, for it to be at a decade low in terms of price earnings multiple is pretty extraordinary. And it's the same if you look across Alphabet, Meta, Amazon, they're all trading actually pretty low valuations compared with their ten year histories. So we're seeing a valuation impact already.
Speaker 2: Is there a suggestion from people that they believe that there's an earnings bubble here and that for these earnings aren't sustainabletons and the growth in these earnings is that it's sustainable.
Speaker 1: I think it suggests that they're skepticism there right now. Yeah, so we're seeing a huge amount of capex. Actually, revenues are continuing to surprise to the upside, like there are a lot of revenues coming through. Ernie's growth forecasts are off the scale for some of these companies, but I guess the market is saying, we don't think that is going to be able to last longer. But you also find there's a transmission mechanism when interest rates go up, So when bondiodes go up, stock market valuations tend to fall as well because of the way the analysts value these companies in a kind of discounted cash flow approach. So when you've seen interest rates going up partly because inflation is higher, then you see that that starts to have an impact on the valuation of stocks. And if you're starting on a very high valuation, then there's greater risk of that coming unstuck. Why this gets really important is when you think about how most people are invested. So you look at the global stock market today, You've got about seventy percent of the developed market in the US. You've got the five biggest US stocks have the same weight or bigger weight than the next five biggest countries in the global stock market. All aaddy together, you've got a huge bet on the US, a huge bet on technology and actually the bets of the market that might be expected to do well well. If we're talking about value, we're talking about energy equities, if we're talking about defensive sectors, they're not what you're really getting exposure to in the global market. I think people like to think and it was once the case that you invest in the portfolio global stocks and you've got a nice diversified portfolio. It is rubbish today it simply isn't happening. So if you want to get diversification, you have to work a lot harder. You have to look away from the US. But most of your money is sitting in the US on a one way bet, so.
Speaker 2: You've got to get out of that. You've got to move it into different sectors. If you're thinking about a circuflationary environment, you might want to move into more in the way of value stocks. You might want to move into the energy sector defensive. And then there's also, well there has been I don't know if this turned up in your research, but a dynamic wherebys small caps outperform large caps and stagflation reenvironments.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at the small cap bit particularly when I was looking at this, but the other one that did do really well was quality. So quality companies are ones that have more stable balance sheets, more stable profit margins, profit growth consistencies, what you're looking for. I always think about the companies that won't break, and I guess in an environment worth everything's a little bit more uncertain and volatile, that stability that you get from quality actually becomes quite valuable. And quality companies have gone through one of the worst three year draw downs in terms of performance that they've ever had recently. So if you're thinking about things that might do well in stagflation, if it's also one that's performed pretty badly, so valuations have moved in its favor. Kind of qualities are a really interesting place to be looking. And there's loads of different funds out there which focus on quality or quality growth as a style as well.
Speaker 2: When you look at the list of things that performed well in the US and the seventies and in the UK in the seventies, the list is of a very non equity and land. Its diamonds fine, odd, it's gold. It was antique furniture back in the day. You can't do that happening again. But who knows, who knows?
Speaker 1: I'm going to be.
Speaker 2: Lovely if it did. Did gold pop up in your studies?
Speaker 1: So gold did. So Gold is an interesting one. It's consistency of performance isn't necessarily great, but its average performance actually is very good, and you have to almost think what does that mean. It means it's less reliable, and I guess we're seeing that abit this year. But when it does perform well, it performs very well. So again it is worth considering as part of your portfolio. But don't assume that it's guaranteed to go up in value, because it has some years where actually it struggles quite a lot. Gold is good real essays. Things like real estate are interesting. There's often an inflation linkage real estate rental leases, which is great on the income side, but if your highly leveraged real estate transaction, well, actually, if your cost of borrowing is going up, then that's a problem for you. So it's a bit some activity. I think there it's at understanding the risks you're taking on. If you're understanding the risk of the tenants, then maybe twenty years ago people just used to think, I don't know, a fund manager would buy something, they would just lease it and forget it. Whereas I think you have to get much closer to the risk of the underlying tenant and the financial risk of the transaction these days to be able to know whether you're going to get the returns in this kind of environment.
Speaker 2: Okay, when we look at markets as a whole, and we've talked about how everyone is horribly ever exposed to the US and horribly ever exposed to technology, whether they want to be or not, that's just the default which markets geographically what people want to move into. And we used to say consistently UK equity is the cheapest out there by them before somebody else does. And they're still inexpensive, the inexpensive across the board, and we know that because foreign investors keep trying to take them over. In fact do keep taking them over, and so does private equity. So there's still reasonably good value. But on the other hand, they're not a cheapest they were, and with the possibility of associating eleven thousand, suddenly it all seems like quite a big move quite quickly. Are you still thinking that the UK market is attractive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think on a relative valuation basis, the UK still is cheap. Here. I guess you've got demand from foreign investors. Demand from private equity also buybacks as the other one, so share buybacks. The UK is now the share buy back capital of the world, so UK more UK companies are buying back their shares in bulk than the US, which unheard over a few years ago, so that there's a lot of demand there. We still haven't really got the retail investor demand side. Fun Flows from retail investors are still not coming through, so that's something that I would love to see happen. I feel like we're a bit to downbeat on the UK stock market in the UK economy, like you just have to open your social media for the amount of doom and gloomy you read about it. But I think where the venture capital capital of Europe here in the UK, and we're great at producing unicorns. We have lots of fantastic research institutions. We've got great listed companies that are actually really good at what they do. But we spend all our time till on itselves how terrible we are, and that can be a bit self fulfilling. So I'd just like to put the kind of great into Britain back a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, lots of things are kind of terrible to be fair.
Speaker 1: Actually, there's one thing that I do think, is it. So you were talking about technology. One risk is staculation. Another risk is, Okay, you have got way more exposure to technology than you probably realize. It's not just how much you've got the tech sector, because Amazon, Tesla or Consumer Discretionary Alphabet are actually in communication services. So there's a bunch of stuff which are not called IT but which are tech companies really, and that takes a number of higher But then you've got things like stuff which people would have thought of as being nice defensive sectors which are actually, to my mind, starting to become more correlated with AI. So utilities, a lot of utilities are the picks and shovel of the AI trade because the energy needs are so great. And if you look at the performance of some of the US utilities, they're like memestocks. It's like we're talking hundreds of percent returns. This is not boring just dividend plays. Even like real estate. One of the biggest sectors of the reached market is data centers. So there are more parts of the portfolio which people might have traditionally thought of would hedge AI risk or tech risk which are actually now going to become more correlated. So the question then, if you're worried about an AI selloff, where can you hide? I'm not convinced that just simple sectors will do it, because it's getting it everywhere. Yeah, I can make a good case for international diversification in terms of valuations outlook everybody being to downbeat about non US companies. But do I think that international diversification will bail you out if there's an AI driven sell off? I'm skeptical. The biggest stocks in em are all massive AI tech plays, so you're going to get hurt there. And then I spent a lot of time doing work I think, are there any parts of the market that actually could hedge that risk? Again prepared, don't predict, not saying it will happen, but what might do well if it falls over? And one area that I found actually was value equities. And I look back at data going all the way back to nineteen ninety six, and I used semiconductors just as a proxy for AI stocks and looked at all the quarters where semiconductors fell in value, and when they fell in value, the average fall was twelve percent. The average fall for value equities was zero, so flat, and maybe you're worried about big falls, not just any fall. So I looked at falls that were more than five percent, and then actually, on average you'd lose fifteen percent in semiconductors and one in value. So value won't always work, but it looks like it has a historical track record of doing well at the very precise time that many other parts of your portfolio might all start to fall over all at once. So I think there's a very strong case we can make for people thinking more about value as an investment strategy today.
Speaker 2: When you do these screens, how are you defining value?
Speaker 1: Excellent question, So this gets to a problem, I think. So. I think that one of the trends we've seen in recent years, like the last decade or so, has been the big move from active towards passive in terms of fun flows. Investors, partly because they're unhappy with the performance of their active managers, have been putting money into passive trackers. I worry significantly that if people allocate to passive value strategies as a way to hedge AI risk, we are going to see them very, very disappointed. When you look to the future and I'll tell you why. So let's look at some of the biggest value indices in the US so MACI USA Value and it's top five stocks. You've got Alphabet Meta MCI USA Value Weighted. You've got Apple, Microsoft, Amazon Enhanced Value. You've got Micron, Cisco, Intel, Robert Russell. Well, then you've got Alphabet Amazon SMP Value, Apple, Amazon, Tesla SMP five hundred Value Index. That's ISLA and it's top five stocks. If you are seeking to.
Speaker 2: Hedge AI risk, this is not where you want.
Speaker 1: These are not going to deliver. And that's why I really really worry that people. If you're going to do this, do it properly, And to do it properly means, in my mind, doing it actively. I think that it is a real risk that performance is going to disappoint in some of these strategies. If your primary reason for buying them is to HEGAI risk, it's the same stocks. It's not going to hedge that risk. It's the same stocks.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, So you need to go and find an actively managed value fund that doesn't have these names in it. But then you can find one of those actively managed value funds might go back and say, well, look at that in the video. Is the cheapest just been in a decade. It's a value stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've chatted to one of our head of value equities and Simon Adler, and he was saying that there's no hard and fast rules. They'll be looking at some software names. He's looking at kin stocks and single digit pees, so he's looking at ones that are even cheaper. But there's no reason to say that some of these software techniques could not go on their radar if they felt to valuations which they thought were appealing enough. Actually, the other interesting point he made was in past years, value used to often be quite a very big sector tilts. It was a sector play as much as what's a stock play, whereas he says, nowadays he is finding stocks in many more sectors than he can remember, so he's able to build actually a much more diversified by sector portfolio than would have been the case in the past. So lots of great opportunities. Okay, narratives take a long time to change. So if you go and talk to most people on the street, they're going to tell you that Budink's performing best, it's going to be AI stocks, tech stocks, American stocks. That's that's what the general narrative is. Except actually I did some work recently and it was like UK value stocks have outperformed the S and P five hundred over the last kind of three or five years. And I don't think many people believe that because it's not what the narrative is, it's not what the consensus would be. So I think that even though value has started performing much better, I don't think that that sentiment has necessarily filtered through too many investors.
Speaker 2: No, entirely, I don't think it has. Either. It's the same as Little Gould has had a pretty nasty time of the last few months, but you know, it's still outperformed pretty much everything over the last decade. And I don't think that's something that is almost people's readar either. There a view of what is that performing and what is not quite fit with reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another thing that I hear from people is the point you made about the fit eleven thousand, kid of Oh. Markets are near an all time highs. The first thing you're and it was taught is by low sell high market all time high? That sounds scary? Does that mean I should sell? And what I did again, this was US data. Again. Apologies, but it's just because I had the longest data series. But I looked at data going back to the nineteen twenties and then looked at it, well, what was your return over the next twelve months in inflation of justed terms, if you invested when the market was an all time high or if you invested at any other time. It was just to test should you be worried about this? And it might surprise people to learn that know, your returns were actually better if you invest when the market's at an all time high than if you invest any other time.
Speaker 2: There are urns of kind of time period, of what kind of time period.
Speaker 1: So that was on a twelve month basis, on a two year basis, a three year basis, there's basically no difference. The reason why it happened is actually if think about what happens to the stock market over time, it goes up or it's gone up, which means it's actually hitting all time highs all the time. So it's like it's actually over thirty percent of the time the market's at an all time high. So we like to write headlines about some of these rounds numbers that markets make it's not unusual. It is perfectly normal market behavior. And almost just to hammer that home, I did a little scenario which said, let's say you freak out when the market's at an all time high and you've into cash, and then whenever it's not an all time high, you go back into the stock market. You might just do it for one month, depends how long the markets at an all time high for you might be out of the market for six months at be year in cash, and then you go back in again and again. Using data over the last one hundred years, compare those two portfolios, one which stays invested throughout and one which decides to get scared by all time highs. The one that gets scared by all time highs would have destroyed more than ninety percent of the wealth. So if your listeners are sitting here thinking I'm a bit nervous by the market being an all time high, there are reasons you might want to be nervous. Please please, please do not start thinking you need to sell your stocks just because they're an all time high. Historically it would have been hugely damaging to your wealth if you were to have done that.
Speaker 2: All right, but that's across the market, So you can do a lot of useful things to yourself. At the moment. You can stay in the market, but you can move your portfolio around to diversify it and defend it better against the things that might happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So I have to make it simple. I'd stay invested, diversify outside the US, and then bolster your AI exposure with some value exposure just to manage some of that risk. But absolutely stay invested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, fascinating, fascinating, and I think that's incredible, incredibly useful advice. Let me ask you one more thing. Have you been on your holidays yet? Duncan I have?
Speaker 1: I went to Croatia?
Speaker 2: Oh nice? And what did you read while you were there?
Speaker 1: It was Caught Judus sixty two. It's like it's a spy series on the box eighty eight. With the series. The reason is I spend a lot of my time actually setting thinking about markets, reading about markets, and I am just a sucker for fiction for pure escape, isn't I want to switch off? So I'm very much into just trying to read spy novels, sci fi novels, things like that that just take me away from the day job and allow me to relax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, quite right. And in the day job, have you got anything sitting on your sitting on your desk on the investment or economic side that you feel that we should be reading.
Speaker 1: So I've got two pieces of work that are in the works, not yet out, but which I think you will find your readers will find interesting. One is looking at whether corporate bond are expensive. But everybody who does this uses data which goes back to the mid nineties, just because that's simply when lots of the data is available. But I've instead looked at data going back one hundred years and actually you find its credit spreads were more expensive than where they are right now for several decades after the Second World War, And then I look at what were the reasons behind that and how many of those could repeat today. So almost to challenge people that when they're saying spreads are really expensive, is it possible that they could stay where they are for an extended period rather than go up to some twenty year average. So that's interesting. And there's another one I'm looking at, which is around one of the biggest props for the US stock market is basically the US pension system. So every single month, thousands millions of people through their four to one k's and the other pension saving vehicles, put money into the US stock market, irrespective of valuations, anything else that's going on. It's a steady bid something we'd love to have in the UK obviously to kind of support our market. In the US, it's been a massive help for it. And what I'm looking at is, well, if we genuinely have an AI boom and that disrupts the labor market and leads to unlike past tech revolutions which impacted lower earners, well, this might start to impact people who are in accountants, lawyers, financial services people. And actually, what would the risk be to that buying support that we have for the US stock market if we were suddenly to find that the people who are backing it every single month no longer have a job. Yeah, again, it's not protecting it, but it's almost kind of saying, let's map this out how this could go over the next decade, and what are the risks if suddenly you find that all of that steady pension fund buying kind of starts to dribble away a little, So those the corporate bond one and that where are both being worked on? Still?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been wondering about that. Yeah, because you stop, markets are all about flows, right. We can talk about valuations and to the kasgama, but in the end, where's the money going? That's the bit that mattered. And you know, going back to your point on the UK, we've been one if longer term the UK market will benefit hugely from the shift of everyone towards defined contribution via order enrollment and that amount of money that continues to flow into the not all of it olvidly, but some of it into the UK market. How that will work and then looking across to the US as people begin to retire, how that would work with the flows. But this is a really fascinating and slightly scary you overlay. As you said, people with high incomes losing their jobs and they're longer contributing to four oh one k could make the most enormous difference. Suddenly, instead of constant inflows, you get no inflows and possibly outflows as people withdraw early and looking forward to this one duncan.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much. I hope you like it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm gonna like it. I might find it interesting. Well, I like it. These are different things.
Speaker 1: To be honest. That is one of my main reservations with it. It's not the most positive article, but I think it's what I'm trying to do is think beyond the first level and even maybe the second level and paps of AI. It's not just about what does it mean for jobs as well? What might that mean further to like the rest of the chain. And we know that kind of similar with taxis the higher ern or are the ones that just proportionately pay Like smaller number but greater in terms of the dollar value of the taxis or the pound value same here, smaller in number, but actually much greater in terms of the impact on the flows that are really going here.
Speaker 2: Okay, all absolutely fascinating, Duncan. Thank you very very much for all those interesting ideas and tips by the way, much appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening this week's Marin Talks Money. If you like our show, rate review and subscribe whatever you listen to your podcasts, and keeps any of your questions or comments a mirror money at Bloomberg dot Net. You can also follow me and John on Twitter or x I'm at Marines w and John is John Underscore STEPIC. This episode were hosted by Me marinz Umset Web. It was produced by Samasadi and Moses and sound designed by Black MEP and special thanks of course to Duncan Lamont