Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast one, a lot of productions. iHeartMedia, iHeart Radio. I Heart Podcast seven, Episode sixteen. Will you be my lorel I Gilmour, I am here with my own Trapid Crewe, Terror Suit, Danielle Romo, Susanne Franche. I missed you, Yeah, I missed you. Guys?
Speaker 2: How was she seeing you? And you were in my dream?
Speaker 1: Weird? Who was in the dream?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: Who were super weird?
Speaker 1: Did I get into your dream? Yes?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I sneak you away in there. I don't know. Sometimes it happens when I watch the show. It's just like I can't help it.
Speaker 5: What was he doing in your dream?
Speaker 2: I can't totally remember. Oh you can't actually reveal what I'm like, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Tell you this, then it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what I remember. I don't remember one part that I'm like too embarrassed to say. It wasn't like a dirty dream, but there was one part that's like making me feel embarrassed.
Speaker 5: We must move on from this conversation. I'm literally so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I know, Scott. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's okay. Keep sharing, keep sharing everybody. At least you're the courage to be honest, you know. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's like control my dreams, Danielle like, I can't help it. I can't help it.
Speaker 1: It's the subconscious mind is a wonderful slash.
Speaker 2: Luke ends up in there.
Speaker 1: Well, how does it happen? How does it happen?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't know if you're Luke or Scott in the dream, which is also kind of weird, right.
Speaker 6: I feel like for me, I knew Scott before I knew Luke, So I'm like, it's it's Scott.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I knew Luke Scott.
Speaker 1: That's our friend, daniel Danielle. If I hadn't end up in Danielle's dream, it would be in a totally different reaction. Get out of here? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I should be like, I told you what time we're recording.
Speaker 1: Up? No, I can't upgrade your room in Vegas? Will you leave me alone?
Speaker 2: We're not getting you a jet.
Speaker 5: iHeart Podcasts listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Who wants to synopsize this episode, Who's Gonna take it off?
Speaker 6: Good moments, but like, all right, I put us through our misery, although I would argue this is not miserable for me. So this is season seven, episode sixteen, Will You Be My Lorlike Gilmour? Air date February twenty seventh, two thousand and seven. Rory is planning a baby shower for Lane, but then gets an interview with The New York Times. Loralai plays mediator between Lane and missus Kim, who are fighting about how the twin should be raised, and Logan tells Rory about his investment failure. Plus, Luke makes a big decision about his father's boat, which prompts him to make some changes in his life.
Speaker 2: Also, hmm, there there's that boat was worth so much more than six hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had to rewind it. I was like, did I hear six hundred?
Speaker 1: It was worth more? It was worth more than six thousand dollars, six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Kirk should have taken that in a run.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: Wonder what you paid for your other new boat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, sounded pretty ritzy, Right, You're gonna take it, gonna take a three hour cruise on it, like go against Island.
Speaker 2: Anyway, did we do the synopsis?
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks for listening to my very very informant part of each episode.
Speaker 2: Was like really good parts and just really boring parts.
Speaker 1: What were the good parts? Described them to me. Baby shower you thought that was good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoy the baby shower.
Speaker 8: At the moment between Lane and Rory, I like that part too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And but like Leane and Missus, Kim Luke and Laurelai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Logan was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like I feel like this is the part where I start to dislike Logan a little bit more.
Speaker 7: I was like, when does this come in?
Speaker 8: I think it's around here, because up until here he I don't mind him, like I think he's charming.
Speaker 5: But now I was waiting for the shoe to drop and the shoes dropping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was the only time in the whole episode I laughed and laughed out loud when he said, by the way, I'm heading to Vegas. You know, Tinn's dad's plane's gassed up at Tita Borough. I'm gone. I roared with laughter because it was like his timing was so impeccable, and it was the last thing you expected him to say, but of course it was the first thing you should have expected him to say, and off he goes. I really enjoyed that moment that was that was funny to me, very funny.
Speaker 2: That that was fine. But I laughed very hard when I saw on Instagram the person that commented, uh, Logan Huntsburger hates.
Speaker 1: Walls, hates walls because he always lives in a studio.
Speaker 2: Waves because anyway, Sorry, I got excited about that.
Speaker 1: Now I think the production of the show hates walls because then, you know what I mean, better, just have a studio. You can shoot in all areas right without having to worry about walls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't mind that Logan's going off with Finn And why why is the other guy's name out of my Finn to Vegas? That actually tracks. I thought it was kind of mean he didn't go to the baby shower. Frankly, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Thought it really showed. I mean, for me, anyway, my gut is like, Wow, these two are not well suited for one another. This is the beginning of the end of this relationship. It seems to me that his he prioritizes his life over their life, anything that happened to him. I just I felt him looking down his nose on her friends and Lane in the baby shower and the importance of that and what that meant to Rory, and he just couldn't handle it. He couldn't, you know. Admittedly, you know, losing millions of dollars of your father's money and investor money and maybe ruining your career is a big deal. But I mean, suck it up, dude, and go support your woman. She would have done the same.
Speaker 2: For you, right, Yeah, Well she did do the same to per world and and.
Speaker 1: Hang with her friends and all that. Maybe feel a little better. And I thought it was a selfish move on his part. He's going to Vegas. He's reverting back to his old behavior.
Speaker 8: I think we're used to him, like how he you know, I think we're used to how he just like showed up to the hospital for Richard, and we're kind of like it's one extreme to the other.
Speaker 7: It's like he was so there and now he's so not right.
Speaker 2: That's a really good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's that's Rory's best friend, and it's a big event. You know, it's maybe just a baby shower and guys don't want to go to a baby shower, but it's a big event to support.
Speaker 2: Land And yeah, I mean, and I get why he's sort of miserable. I get that he's lost millions of dollars and it's a total fail and it's his fault and YadA YadA. But also I've said YadA YadA way too much. I don't know why YadA YadA is stuck in my head. I keep saying YadA YadA.
Speaker 1: Speaking of YadA YadA, I just got a nice check from Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: You got one not that long ago.
Speaker 1: I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Whoa, I like four numbers, five numbers, numbers. Let's just go through it, Suzanne, you give us the gist of the scene.
Speaker 4: All right, So the opening, the opening, Did you notice how long it was? It was almost four minutes.
Speaker 1: That was forever it got long.
Speaker 4: They walked almost all the way around the square.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And I was very distracted by like extras, and then I got very distracted by the prices that docies like. I don't know if I was that engaged because my eyes were just so like looking around. Yeah, was this. They go to the baby store and it's literally called the baby store out.
Speaker 4: They come out of the baby store and they're talking about the first pancake thing. Now, I had never heard of that first pancake thing until I watched this show, But now I see it in other places, Like, was that something you guys knew about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first pancakes always like the third pancake.
Speaker 4: I never had.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that, not in my experience.
Speaker 2: The skillet that the skillet isn't quite right yet. Yeah, and so the first one kind of kind of comes out like that.
Speaker 4: I liked what Laura said. Did it apply to Wobbles too? Has a point specific? Yeah? That was just that was a new one for me. So really, the whole point of that opening was that Rory gets the call from the New York Times. So the friend, her friend Hugo that she's been writing for, gave her a connection. So that was that was the exciting thing that.
Speaker 2: She met, right, It was the dude she met at Logan's part.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and this is what sets up that Laureli is going to end up being the one that pulls off the baby shower instead of Rory. So then we go to Lorelized house where they're decorating well lorealized decorating, and Sukie's just sitting on the chair.
Speaker 2: Sings sort of annoying, Like it was like, yeah, Suki was a little annoying that Phil was sitting on the phone, like why did we need to spend a lot of time? Well, and how hard is it to just reach back?
Speaker 9: Like it was just kind of like okay, yeah, so well like filler and just but this I noticed the signs, like the signs were cute for the onesie painting and all that.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking, Wow, the art department had probably had fun with this episode.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did laugh at it's a boys, yes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And also later when we talk about the onesies, the onesies are phenomenal, but we'll get to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So then we go to the scene in Logan's apartment, so it's the middle of the night and he comes home drug.
Speaker 2: Sandwich.
Speaker 4: The sandwich. Did you see the lettus acting? There was some good lettuce acting there. There was like a random piece of lettuce that was stuck to the bag of bread and you can if you watch the lettuce, Matt like tries to hide it in his hand and Alexis just grabbed it out of his hand and slaps it down on the countertop.
Speaker 2: It was pretty We talk about the one bang acting, so we'll talk about that, but the Lettuce acting is great.
Speaker 1: Acting drunk like that, it's the hardest thing to do. I thought he did a great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's see now.
Speaker 4: I was going to say the opposite.
Speaker 1: No, I thought it had done.
Speaker 7: I agree with Susan.
Speaker 1: It's such a fine line, though. It's really hard to pull off. Yeah, because you know, he's just coming back from a bender. It's just like he's still drunk, you know what I mean. So it's hard. It's so hard to do.
Speaker 4: I did laugh when he was talking about his phone and how it was on off and he's like, it sounds like it's on, but it's off. It was on off. That part, that little snippet of dialogue made me laugh. But overall, I know he just was. It just seemed a little overdone. And I was actually thinking about what you had said before, Scott, about how hard it is to be convincingly drunk and not be too drunk, and that was it was just a little over the line for me.
Speaker 2: So we still want her too. It was just messy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she doesn't know why, Like, she doesn't know about the company yet, so she doesn't know why he's behaving this way or why he's you know, felt the need to to work late and then get drunk or whatever. So from her perspective, she's like, what what the heck is going on? Okay, and then we go to Luke Steiner and this is where Okay. So funny, I did a little research last night, and I found out that the guy that was this is like super minute detail, but the guy that was asking about the steel cut oatmeal. So the show is famous for like reusing actors.
Speaker 1: Oh that's Lauren's assistant. Really, yeah, he's that used to be Lauren's assistant. I don't know if he's still in her life. But that guy, the customer that Zach was waiting on, yeah, actually Lauren's assistant. And funny story is I was house hunting back in the day, back you know, during the shooting of this. It was either two thousand and five. I bought a house in two thousand and three, so I was house hunting because I was gonna sell it and get another house. And I went into this house and there's and I'm looking around and I'm like there's Lauren's assistant was sitting there in the living room, and I just stopped and go, what the heck are you doing here? And he goes, well, this is Lauren's house.
Speaker 7: Oh funny, and you had no idea.
Speaker 1: So he showed me into the bedroom. And the one time I got into Lauren Graham's bedroom I had I had to get there via assistant.
Speaker 4: But I found out he was also in the episode where Lorelei and Emily go to the day Spot. He was Lorelei's messuse. Funny, yeah, and he also had a quick thing in the in the revival, but of course we can't talk about that yet. Anyways, So steel cut oatmeal.
Speaker 2: Guy, and then between steel Cut and like what what?
Speaker 1: What was.
Speaker 2: Taker? First of all, I can't eat oatmeal diarrhea, But.
Speaker 1: Throughout throughout the day I.
Speaker 2: Think, so, yeah, something does something bad to me. But what is the difference and which is better?
Speaker 7: I like, I make overnight oats.
Speaker 2: So so what's overnight oats.
Speaker 5: Where you just like saturate them in liquid overnight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, basically I put like coconut milk or almond milk in the oats and then it kind of I put chia seeds and then put food on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's actually.
Speaker 5: Wait, what's the difference between rolled and Yeah, that's a difference.
Speaker 4: I can't The steel cut is like more of the natural fiber. That's why it takes forever to cook, Like it literally takes like forty five minutes to cook. So Luke was not wrong when he said that.
Speaker 2: I think it's too much fiber for my body, just saying, listening a lot of fiber, Text me if you've got a problem.
Speaker 8: Also, yeah, steel cut oats are slow to say you start, which means.
Speaker 2: Trying to have a self help group for people that cannot have so much fiber. The other thing I can eat, Yeah, we could have our own podcast. I can't have any of the butter, the nut butters, the peanut butters, the sun butters makes my stomach feel weird. I'm gonna have the occasional Justin's peanut butter cup, but not like I cannot have a spoonful of any nut butter anyway. Anyway, send your cards and letters and how much you hate my sidebars to our.
Speaker 1: Instagram man, what's handing?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 10: Marshaw besmld Lynch.
Speaker 1: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin Newsome and you're listening to politicking. What does politicket even mean?
Speaker 10: So this is how politicking work out, right, there's bridging gaps. You sit down, you come to the round table. We need to figure it out. I need to figure out where you're coming from, right, but you need to figure out where he coming from. Your politicking might be a little bit different. You feel me, you handle yours a different way. We bring each side all walks of life, like how we're doing right now, and we figure out what we got going on and what I'm gonna call it. It's politicking, not because he's a politician, but because that's just what we do. Yeah, with no politics, with no politics, politics with no politics, that's it I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I love it. And we can change the world podcast by podcast, and we will change the world podcast by the gust you did to be saved.
Speaker 10: But we're gonna figure it out though.
Speaker 1: That's the thing we had a lot to do together right now. Yeah, that's why you're listening to politiicing on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Apple podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: Open your free iHeart app and search politicking. Coming July fifteenth, this is where.
Speaker 4: We have the newspaper ad and it made me laugh when Kirk said, I've been published and it's just the like and so listen to the pros this guy writes and it's like yeah, and then Luke realizes that's his boat. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Okay in total like d move of TJ.
Speaker 7: And Liz's like, you don't see, Yeah, that was shady. Yeah, not to jump ahead, but to be like, oh, we would have given you the money, but if you want to contribute to our garage.
Speaker 1: But first of all, how he found out about it was yeah, I mean really, yeah, it just so happened.
Speaker 5: Kirk, like, I feel like Luke should be more upset about that.
Speaker 2: That's abused about and someone can correct me. The boat was over at Lorealized for like a long time, right, and then remember the boat moved and Luke was going to store the boat somewhere. I don't recall him storing it in a space that lives in TJ. Have I thought Lizen TJ bought their house, like that's what somebody.
Speaker 8: Can I was also confused by the location of their house because it looks like they're right in the middle of stars Hollow and it takes them like foized.
Speaker 1: Garage, like Laurelized garage, but it's not supposed to beg Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, okay, I had a John and I went over this a great went great length last night, rewinding it and going forward trying to figure it out. So I think that the garage. So story wise, Luke moved the boat out of Laurelized Garage when they had the fight, and it was on the street in front of the diner.
Speaker 1: But didn't they move it? But didn't he move didn't she move it back in? Or something?
Speaker 4: Well we never they never said what happened to it after that? Oh really, they didn't explicitly say, but there was there was that other fight where the boat was in another location and he was arguing with the old lady when she told him to move it out, and that's how it wound up in Laurelized Garage. So, but this garage that it was in physically, if you look across the street, that was Suk's house. Yeah, and the garage next to Suki's house is the one that on the other side is Laurelized Garage.
Speaker 1: Because those houses are right next to each other, right.
Speaker 4: They're like back to back, so it's like Suki's garage on this street and if you go around the back, now it's like got two fronts. One front is Suki's in, one front is lorealized.
Speaker 1: So it's just it's very confusing.
Speaker 8: It is very I was also just confused where do they live because when they came to stay with Luke, they like came into town, right, so they're.
Speaker 2: Not the outskirts of town, but they don't live in the heart of town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they never really specified, but like when they were the house hunting, they said we're we're going to move back to Stars Hollow, So whether that meant Stars Hollow proper or just the Star Hall area, yeah, they never really clarified.
Speaker 5: They live by the superstore. Rouse.
Speaker 1: Here's why he wasn't that agitated by it, right because he let it go. He sold it. Now, if he was really agitated, did a typical Luke ramp and then Luke rant and then he turned around, so it would have made him look kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: So I just gonna be mad at my sister like he was.
Speaker 1: He was, he was, he was, but she's a young mother and you don't want to tear into your sister and you know, you know what I'm saying, And he.
Speaker 4: Knew it wouldn't do any good to be mad at her anyways, because she's just the way.
Speaker 1: She is, right right, So I think it was more resignation. Yeah, it's like, well, gosh, but I think he was he was annoying.
Speaker 4: So then there was a quick little scene at missus Kim's where Laura goes to pick up pictures of Wayne, and this is where missus Kin says she's not going to the wedding shower. I mean, yes, baby shower, baby shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a whole like I sort of enjoyed this storyline of Lurai kind of going back and forth and brokring it and the touching, but I also was like this again, I thought it was just.
Speaker 7: A little too dragged down. Yeah I did too.
Speaker 1: I thought it was very redundant of this storyline between mother and daughter. It's like she's about to give birth to twins. I mean, does this really need It seems sophomoric to me that these two women at this point are still, you know, struggling.
Speaker 2: I can't see that.
Speaker 1: I think the end was one in bio for me, the end of the end of what the end.
Speaker 4: Of the episode, like where they got to the point where they had reached kind of a shared understanding, like we'll get I'll comment.
Speaker 1: I mean it didn't have any impact because there was no real tension to begin. It just seemed very forced. Here's that word, a get. It seemed forced.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is forced until you get to the bedroom scene and Lane sort of acknowledges like I'm going to be all about my kid just like my mom was, and then you kind of go, that's cute. Okay, we so yeah, sort of cute, right, But like getting there.
Speaker 8: Was a little I feel like that was the best part though, like that moment between Lorelei and and Lane.
Speaker 7: But yeah, getting there was I don't know if we needed.
Speaker 8: All of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I I liked the moment too between Lorelai and missus Kim where Laura I was saying, like she said, my mom missed so much and I don't want that to happen to you. Like Larela I was acknowledging in her own life how her actions had impacted Emily, which I thought was a nice point that we don't often see lorel making that realization.
Speaker 2: Is sort of like that where it's like there's some good points and some filler. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was I just thought it was poorly presented. It's like ever ever try to make a Western omelet and you just really screw it up, and it's right, and it's better getmbled eggs, sit all and start over, you know, and rebuild it, you know. And I thought that way about this episode. It's like, maybe what's.
Speaker 2: A Western omelet versus an omelet?
Speaker 5: Is the one with ham and bell peppers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of ingredients, yeah, bacon and Okay, So then we go to Lane and Zach's and can you eat the Western omelets? Are you okay with those? Can?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I can kind of dabble in cheese from time to time. I can definitely do eggs. I wouldn't do the peppers, though I have a limited.
Speaker 4: Solareley goes to Lane's to find out like what the source of this disagreement was, and then that's when Lane says, you know, Mom's trying to control everything with my kids, which I mean that is kind of an overstep on missus Kim's part, Like you don't really get to tell, you don't get to dictate what your grandchildren's would.
Speaker 2: And look at her mom when her mom came. I mean, it all tracks.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, yeah, that's true. But Laurelai did have a good point to to Lane. Lane doesn't know what her kids are gonna like. And then there was the funny analogy of you know, maybe she's gonna hide bibles under the floorboards.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the part I liked. Yeah, she had a point. It's like, what if your kid does want to it is religious and you.
Speaker 4: Can't assume what your kid is gonna want. That's kind of the point of the whole. Yeah, the show. And then we go back to Logan's apartment. This this is the next morning.
Speaker 2: So Logan is hungover and the assistant keeps calling, and right the assistant keeps calling, Rory's trying to get out the door to meet the New York interject to something about Logan's apartment though the fire pit slash fireplace that's always going like they sleep, they sleep with it on. I think it's not safe, Like do you know what I'm did you notice he's got a fire pit?
Speaker 7: I didn't notice.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to go back and it's like always on, and I'm like are they not literally burning hot and also sucking out so much of the oxygen in this studio? I mean, it just was so unsafe. I was like, it's one of those rocks kind of fire pits, like literally a fire, an open fire going.
Speaker 4: Now there's like all kinds of evidence that like those those gas burning stoves and fireplaces and stuff are like a really bad for It's.
Speaker 1: A very poor example for the young people watching the show.
Speaker 7: Not yeah, it's very It seems like a fire hazard if they're sleeping with that.
Speaker 1: So if you're watching at home, Yeah, who has.
Speaker 2: A fire pit in the middle of their studio? And I know it's supposed to be like a very fancy fireplace. It's like crazy people.
Speaker 1: That have planes gassed up at Teterborough ready to take off.
Speaker 7: He couldn't afford another wall, but he can afford.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Just the fireplace needed to be acknowledged.
Speaker 4: I do want to give a shout out. They did mention dirty dancing in this scene, which of course Bishop.
Speaker 7: Was in that movie.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what did they say.
Speaker 4: She made a comment about having to change clothes in the call like in dirty dancing, like baby does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, So she leaves for her interview, the phone ringing, blah blah blah. Then we cut to the scene with Liz and TJ and Luke.
Speaker 2: The Girl.
Speaker 4: I liked this scene, actually, I liked I kind of liked seeing Luke be uncomfortable. I like that Liz kind of gave him that kick in the pants. I think because Luke has always kind of held he's always kind of held his dad up as a hero, which I'm sure he was, but at the same time, he didn't even think that maybe he wasn't happy.
Speaker 2: He was just in a rus That was interesting that we got sort of some backstory there. Yeah, I thought Liz told that, well, she was kind, she loved him, but she was saying he was very routine and that Luke needs to kind of, you know, yeah, try to live a little differently. And I thought, yeah, you can tell.
Speaker 4: Luke had never even considered that perspective until she said it, so kind of her words to heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can comment. I mean, I thought, I trajectory in this episode is pretty kind of interesting and cool.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 4: Scott does not look like he agrees.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to opine. Unfortunately, on an episode that I never bought into at any point. I just didn't get on for the ride on this one. And I was trying to. I'm standing there, I had my ticket in my hand, I was ready to go, I had my cotton candy, I had my coke ready ready to get on, and I just the ticket TECH take this. I couldn't get on. I couldn't find a way to get on the ride. And that's just kind of how I felt about the whole thing. So everything that came out of it and came out of the screen toward me, I was just oh no, oh no, oh no, And I just I didn't it was I'm going to be real honest with you, I just wasn't an enjoyable episode for me at all at any.
Speaker 2: Point, different situation and that, I see what you're saying. I watched it, and I watched it a bit ago, and I kind of, you know, like a few days ago.
Speaker 1: But you know why, I'm sorry to interrupt, because I didn't believe that. I didn't believe any of it because nobody was acting like themselves. The situations were forced, the dialogue was forced, and I didn't believe that this was Gilmore girls. I didn't believe that this was the show. I really felt that. I felt the vacuum left by Amy and Dan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: To any of this there was. It wasn't really that clever. It wasn't fast and funny, it wasn't popping for me, and I just laid back and it was the longest forty minutes in my life.
Speaker 2: My problem was I sort of enjoyed it while I was watching it, and I kept being like, Oh, I wish I had my notepad because there were a few little funny things I wanted to remember to talk about the next day or two days later. I could not remember anything from the episode. I actually was like, what happened in the episode? And then I thought, oh, okay, this is the one where Richard and Emily are like really being mean to the staff, and Emily and Laura I have that heart to heart and I'm like, nope, that was I heard an episode i'd seen two weeks earlier better than the one I'd seen two days ago. So there there's something about it that just isn't memorable.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it's memorable, you know, you know what I remembered about I just saw the episode too before I came on. You know, I remember about it. I remember that I looked outside. My shrubs looked pretty good because I just had some new shrubs put it, and I saw there was a little piece of cheese in the in the media room, and I went and picked it up. That's what I remember about the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just don't get really and I started.
Speaker 1: Opening my mail. There was a residual check from Seinfeld. I opened it up, and that was the best thing about the episode is getting the Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad it's not bad. It's just not anything for me. Although I enjoyed the baby shit. You know, there's parts that I enjoyed, but it was for the most part it's kind of yeah, I'm in ground noise kind of an episode.
Speaker 4: Like the individual scenes didn't seem like they really added up to much. But then at the end of the episode, I was like, Okay, well we made some progress on the Lane and missus Kim relationship, and Luke had a little bit of growth.
Speaker 1: So to me, beating a dead horse. In my opinion, it's like they're trying to rehash something that is well worn, and if we're going to do that, can we do it in a really interesting spectacu killer way that we don't expect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean rehashing the same same.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: You know, I guess I.
Speaker 4: Didn't feel like it was rehashing it so much as it was resolving it. Like I feel like we got to an endpoint with them that they now both can kind of see the other person's perspective.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's there's better, there's better, there's more between them than going back to old tropes, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even the suky stuff is boring to us because it's like, okay, we've seeing this kind of you're pregnant, Like I don't know exactly.
Speaker 1: But I mean, let's take a poll. What did you really want to see develop in this episode? And what I was expecting and what we were set up for is a little more heat between Luke and Laurela, and we didn't really get it. Yeah, it was ignored. And I thought this would be the episode because that's what I was anticipating because I haven't seen any of these episodes. I thought, oh, now we're set up. They really teed it up now for those two to come back together in some way and it was just like anything but.
Speaker 11: Taking their sweet That's such a good point because when I was watching it and all that stuff about you know, Liz saying, oh, you gotta do things different, you know whatever, you just gotta spice things up kind of I was expecting Luke at the end of this episode to be knocking on moralized or and being like, babe, I am home and I am here, any.
Speaker 1: Of that something give me something, right, except for this sort of like long face at the end, like well, you know, well, things change, people move on. And then I mean, I don't want to feel that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to this show.
Speaker 1: I'm used to this show making me feel so good and laugh so much and have so much hope. This this was a show without hope, and I think they were maybe trying to transfer that onto another narrative that we've already seen uh time and time again that had sort of run its course, and now they're kind of rehashing it again for us for some reason. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I know we talked about Sweep Sweep, and this aired the end of February, that kind of a time end of February where it's kind of not the big hitting episodes.
Speaker 2: Depends the date, but like, if you get too far into February.
Speaker 8: It's February twenty seventh, two thousand and seven, it.
Speaker 2: Could be the end of sweeps, or it could be into March.
Speaker 7: Because I was like, I wonder if it was just a filler episode.
Speaker 4: It feels like it.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, this is Courtney Thorn Smith, Laura Layton, and Daphne Zuniga on July eighth, nineteen ninety two. Apartment buildings with pools were never quite the same as Melrose Place was introduced to the world. It took drama and mayhem to an entirely new level.
Speaker 6: We are going to be reliving every hookup, every scandal, every backstap, blackmail and explosion.
Speaker 4: And every single wig removal together.
Speaker 3: Secrets are revealed as we rewatch every moment with you.
Speaker 7: Special guests from back in the day we'll be dropping by.
Speaker 5: You know who they are, Sydney, Allison and.
Speaker 8: Joe are back together on Still the Place with a trip down memory Lane.
Speaker 7: And back to Melrose Place.
Speaker 8: So listen to Still the Place on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 7: Mondays are still a bit.
Speaker 4: So then we go to the coffee shop in New York where Rory's waiting for the bald guy. Really not much to say about that.
Speaker 2: Stuff that was so boring. I wanted that to be funny, and yet it wasn't. Just every bald guy. Yeah, Like I don't want that to be funny, and it wasn't. I feel like we didn't need to see that, Like we don't need to see her waiting in a coffee shop. I feel like I don't even remember this, just a lot of bald guys walking by and she awkwardly kind of smiles at him.
Speaker 1: Now that's the time for like a Bruce Willis cameo right.
Speaker 5: There ordering coffee in the background.
Speaker 1: I mean, give me something that would have been awesome.
Speaker 4: And then so then we go back to the Missus Kim and Laurel I situation where Laurel is now negotiating with missus Kim.
Speaker 2: Is this the scene where the bang happens? No, I think that's when they get back to Lane's. Did you guys notice so basically Lauren's hair looks perfect right, except in one scene. I'm going to try and show you guys, she's got one strand of hair hold on like trying that's basically stuck on her forehead like this, so like there's like a gap. It's kind of stuck like this with a gap, Like you guys have to rewatch it with a gap.
Speaker 5: Amy. I feel that I noticed this in every single episode with Rory. Every episode.
Speaker 2: It was so distracting and then you can tell they kind of.
Speaker 4: Brush through it, and Jackie, I hope you're getting screen shots of this, so it's.
Speaker 2: Like blocking my eye right so she can't see it. So maybe it's better if I do it like this. I don't know how to do it. Basically, That's what I saw, and it was so much.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to rewatch that. I totally didn't everybody should.
Speaker 2: It was pretty good. I have those little things through the whole episode, which I think is what Scott's saying he's opening his mail, was like her, how much of the peach is a dosing?
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like I was just so what is wrong with me? The fireplace? I mean, I was doing it the whole episode. The lettuce Suzanne, Yes, that's true.
Speaker 4: I was watching Lettuce in but so this is this is where I mean, I didn't have a huge problem with this scene. This is where Laurel I said that she didn't want what happened to her to turn Emily to happen to Lane and missus Kim. So I thought that was a nice moment of realization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but too bad it had to come in this episode in that way, because it's really a great line, and it's a great sort of.
Speaker 2: Sentiment.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's an interesting moment in Laurelized life to come to that realization and have that kind of wisdom to impart to somebody else, you know, based on her experience with with Emily. So, but I just wish you had come in a better episode, in a better situation.
Speaker 4: I agree, I can understand that. So then Luke and April are on the phone, and Luke, this is where he's starting to manifest his desire to get out of this rut that he is now realized that he's stuck in because he has this plan. They're going to go to Miami Beach and Disney World. Yeah, and even April was like, what.
Speaker 2: I get it, Dad, We're good just hanging at the diner kind of telling him like, like you like to do, I'm good with that. So she's sort of acknowledging how he's stuck in his ways. My only problem is they you two are really good in person together. The phone calls are okay, but it's just I prefer the scenes with you guys together. I'm kind of ready to get her back to Stars Hollow. Yeah, which I know what that made me think of. Is there ever, because I know, Scott you sort of explained last week, like these scenes, you know you're not there when they're doing these phone calls. Is there ever a time when you do do the other side for the person?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: No, I mean it just would be like it would be like a big waste of money.
Speaker 1: They usually, Yeah, it would because they usually schedule those for the end of the day, you know, or if they're in that location, and let's just let's just grab this phone call. And you know, Vanessa's not here today, but let's just grab the phone.
Speaker 2: Almost like you can tell. Okay, everybody can criticize this, but it's almost like you can tell she's not actually talking to you, Like the chemistry is just a hint off.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah. If you can't if you can't actually hear the inflections in the voice, you can't respond in a real way.
Speaker 2: I think that's what bummed me out about that scene, because the conversation is so major. Actually she's really calling him out, and you know, blah blah blah. I just would have preferred it together because I think the chemistry would have been better. But that's just my dumb two cents.
Speaker 4: So then then the negotiation continues. Missus Kim and Laura I show up at Lane's apartment. I noticed there were red drapes in the apartment. I don't know if those are there are some.
Speaker 2: I think some of this is new for the baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember having noticed those before, but they look good. They were like a deep bread I thought they were pretty. And so Laane stands up to hug missus Kim and has a contraction or some sort of something happens, and they rush her off to the hospital. I did notice that Lauren seemed like she was a flop taller than missus Klan, like the way the angle was, it was like she just was like way taller than both of them or something. Yeah, because she's I think she is. Yeah, let's see, all right. So then we then we go we're still at the apartment, but now it's later because they've come back from the hospital and Lane is on bed rest and she thinks that they're not going to be able to have the party now. And this is where they had that nice moment about you know, Laane saying, moms do like she did everything for me, I'm going to do everything for my kid. And you can see like the way the way she said it, like she kind of had that realization like, well, wait a minute, she really did give up a lot for me, kind of realize the sacrifices that her mom made. And then I did get a laugh when she asked about the party and missus Kim was like, Laurel I will figure out.
Speaker 7: Yea, I'm not gonna do it, Laura, I will do it.
Speaker 2: And then when the bed I know we're not there. But when the bed's going through town, Like what is the movie that that reminds me of? Is it like bed? Remember that movie bed Knobs and Broomsticks?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: Do they take a bed through town? Like for some reason, I was like, I've seen this.
Speaker 4: Monkeys and they talk.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been in the movies. I've seen that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But that scene from Gilmore like It's like that clip of just the still of the bed going through town is pretty like famous.
Speaker 7: I feel like I just didn't realize it was this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny, Sorry I jumped ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought it was absurd. Why would you take your daughter?
Speaker 4: I know, doesn't literally mean you you can't get out of bed?
Speaker 1: I mean it was just absurd. Yeah, it was so absurd. It would have been better if there were sort of dancers around doing like this, like turn that's a moment you turn into a musical. Because it's still freaking absurd. You've got to like just go with it, right, I mean, missus Kim stopping cars and no, I'll turn your lights, the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of classic Stars Hollow though. I mean, yeah, all we needed was Taylor out there, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't grounded in any kind of reality, classic Stars Hollow stuff. We were very fond of the festivals and the fairs and all that stuff, and it's real. I just had a hard time buying into that. I mean, that's somebody who's about to give birth and they're like wheeling her through the streets. It's like what you're putting her in close proximity with vehicles that weigh six thousand pounds. Okay, I just didn't buy it. I I mean, yeah, I don't know what was Zach there too, like having a good old time pushing his I mean, if that's my wife, I'm not letting her like get rolled down the street.
Speaker 2: Miss Patterns. I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: And do you know a ramp was like supported with books, like it was probably.
Speaker 1: Like all the.
Speaker 2: Books under it from what's his doozy store?
Speaker 1: Should have been a steering wheel on her.
Speaker 2: Put a sale, possibly, get the bed out of the apartment.
Speaker 1: Right exactly it exactly that door right right, just put a sale on it. And yeah, they all should have had sailors hats and well and strength.
Speaker 4: Because the way they were coming to like that, that wasn't the direction where their apartment was, Like their apartment was down the street, like they wouldn't have had to really cross that intersection.
Speaker 7: But anyways, the map this episode did not make sense.
Speaker 1: We take the bet apart, we'll get it outside, we'll get you just see. Now that's the scene. I wanted to say, those scenes, I wish i'd have seen them breaking the bed down.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is then we go to the part where Logan tells Rory what happened with the company. So we kind of already knew because we saw it at that.
Speaker 7: At the end of his inner Yeah, when they came home to.
Speaker 2: That phone conversation that she was right.
Speaker 8: I just didn't realize that was weeks ago because he said that he's known for weeks, and that was like two episodes ago.
Speaker 4: That's weeks. Yeah, I guess technically that could that's.
Speaker 1: A couple's weeks when we don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to like look back here at my old things. I think it was. Yeah, maybe it was weeks.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh, look the neighbors going down the street. Here in her bed. It happens all the time.
Speaker 4: And then Rory was her usual kind of like, oh, I can help, and it's like, how would you help, Like you can't.
Speaker 2: Help Pollyanna about it? Yeah, she was right, like she.
Speaker 4: Kind of tends to try to get involved in things and she wasn't going to be able to help. But and then this is the whole Vegas conversation. You know, he needs a break and okay, whatever, I would have been more annoys.
Speaker 7: He lost all his money, so let's go to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Right exactly this episode, he did kind of come off as like the spoiled rich kid in.
Speaker 1: This I mean he made it.
Speaker 8: He made it sound like him and his dad and everyone involved are completely broke.
Speaker 7: And then he's like, well, we're going to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Everything, we get the private jet, We're gone. I need a break, Roy, can't you understand it's about me? It's about me?
Speaker 4: And then then comes the scene where Luke and Kirk and the boat. He sells it for the wopping sum of six hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: And the hat including the trailer that included the trailer, right, oh yeah, there he goes.
Speaker 1: Luke's a career as an appraiser.
Speaker 2: The ss Lurk was a deal. He basically like got that for one dollar, Like it was so crazy and I was just so shocked by that that I couldn't come.
Speaker 4: Then Rory shows up at Miss Patty's and wants to know why.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, So, so Kirk's line sucker at the end was was actually accurate. Yeah, there's no irony to itad on.
Speaker 4: True, it's happening.
Speaker 2: When he said six hundred dollars ago, that's like what you would pay for. I literally bought an inner to and cost three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: And that didn't have a motor on its at I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I mean the trailer a fun Boy floaty raft caused like fun Boy is expense the barbie the barbie the car is what like three hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I looked into it and I was like, it's a blow up.
Speaker 2: My brother bought it. It's a blow up.
Speaker 1: Avoid episodes that have beds and birds, boats in the street, ed birds and birds so unrealistic.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Sorry, Okay, So Rory comes into his patties and Laurela has to explain why they moved the baby shower, and then that's then they all go to get the bed and rolling around the city and all that monkey's reference. I had to of course note that.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 4: And then so then we get to the actual shower and I liked the sign that called it a baby's shower.
Speaker 2: I thought that was I was in the house that Tara called that out earlier. Wait, not the boys. It also said a baby's shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a sign out front that said welcome to the baby's shower.
Speaker 2: So that's funny because it's the same as the like it's a boy boys, Yeah, that's so clever.
Speaker 8: The one thing that bothered me about this scene is Rory has the worst speeches, Like they're always so cringey. Yeah, like between the wedding, yeah true, between the wedding and this, I was like, I.
Speaker 7: Don't want to hear her speak.
Speaker 4: For someone who's supposed to have this great command of the English language because she's a writer or whatever, she's not really a good poem.
Speaker 7: Like her Victorian's speech was good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's true, but then after that it went Yeah. So I kind of liked the baby shower because I liked all the people.
Speaker 2: All the people and the art on the onesies is amazing. It actually looked like a pretty good time randoms. Bunch of randoms in there we've never seen before, like a bunch of guessed at this.
Speaker 4: Shower that I'm like, are all these people and they had that creepy face morphing thing with the babies, like like kind of big at the years and glasses and creep But the rest of it I thought was cute. And then catches Rory up on the fight and how Laurel I fixed everything, and then that's when Lane says, you know, my kids are gonna need a laurel I Gilmore like I had, and she asked Rory to do that. I'm thinking, Rory can never be Laura I. I'm sorry, true, and then they're John Adams doorknob.
Speaker 1: As if the scenes themselves weren't bad enough, we had to relive them through dialogue later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had to recap everything.
Speaker 1: Because Rory was I'm going to get some emails.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then Kirk is in his snazzy jacket and his captain's hat, and that's when we hear the name S. S. Lurk. And then then there's they go outside and Rory's talking about the rest and Fellowship. We find out there's only four people in the country that are going to get accepted to this.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 4: That's an important point. And then to your point, Scott, now Rory's retelling the story about Logan to Laura Lai and how they're all flying off to Vegas. But then, okay, so this part was good. When Luke showed up and he was talking to Laurali and he was telling her about the boat and he says things change. Yeah, that was very significant and then they had a moment like they had a look for just a split second, and then they go back inside and then this is where they're singing the song, like everybody's gathered around singing the song, and this is where we have our celebrity guest spot in the background.
Speaker 2: So I had to have my.
Speaker 4: Husband help me with this one because I didn't know what this guy looked like. But at the January podcast event, like our live event that we had, and Sebastian was talking about how Geddy Lee from Rush was in one of the scenes, and this was the scene. So those of you that are Rush fans and know what Geddy Lee looks like. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: My husband had a shot or was a huge fan. That's how that's right, That's right, Yeah, so that's why he was there.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if his daughter was in the scene too. But if you look at the back where it's it's showing everyone, and he's in the back, like to the left, there's a big white tree and he's just to the right of the tree behind Sally Struthers, So if you want to look for him, there he is. And then that was it. We end with a little story, I'd look on lorelized face, and then we went to the credits.
Speaker 1: I thought the credits were really good. They rolled by at a nice pace. I thought there was lots of tension because they kept wanting to get to the next credit, but they just they kept, you know, spoon feeding me, little spoonfed.
Speaker 2: It's fine. It just wasn't memorable. It's like I keep forgetting it even now. I'm like, that's in this episode.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll tell you what we'll do. Let's uh, let's stick a fork in this turkey and what kind of rating, Tara are you going to give us? And what is your measuring stick?
Speaker 7: I feel like talking it out.
Speaker 8: I liked it less, and then I was like, I guess it wasn't that agree. I'm going to give it five Captain's hats, five Danielle.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say five point two five ride shrimps.
Speaker 2: Weirds, And I'm giving it way more than you guys, And I feel like I liked it less.
Speaker 1: I haven't called on you yet.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sorry, I I thought it.
Speaker 4: Was better than a five. I'm gonna say six and a half beds rolling through the.
Speaker 2: Street, six and a half indoor fire, pits. That logan's very unsafe and.
Speaker 1: Let us I'm gonna go. I mean this, for me, this is like a sub to oh wow, this is one of your worst ever. I just yeah, I just thought this.
Speaker 2: Was waste of that sandwich too. I could just hear my one of my nieces just get so.
Speaker 7: You didn't even.
Speaker 1: Of this entire If we don't eat the sandwich never got made, yea, and it got tossed. I'm going to give it one uh unmade sandwiches that got thrown away. That's what I'm going to give it.
Speaker 2: Somewhere in Suzanne's words, the sandwich was the true victim, and I must.
Speaker 1: All right. That's going to wrap it up. Kids. Uh sorry, it wasn't a better episode. It wasn't our fault. Uh, although it was probably partially my fault because I was in it. You can play me somewhat.
Speaker 7: We got some good boat talk out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the phone scene wasn't your strongest, but that's not totally your fault too.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know you're gonna take it. And if I'm gonna take some credit, I got to take the heat too.
Speaker 2: So still Campbell, I'm still not admitting what was in my dream. Those that want to know, if you pressure me, I might tell next week.
Speaker 1: We're going to do a whole episode about it next week, aren't we.
Speaker 2: I know, I know dream talk is really boring. Everybody was like, I want to have this dream Expert on and I'm like, no, no one ever wants to hear about someone else's dream. And then I did it.
Speaker 7: But so the dream Expert next week.
Speaker 2: Next week, tune in for I Am All dream Talk.
Speaker 1: Thank you, ladies, much appreciated, and thanks for tolerating me all through this experience, this episode, and that's going to wrap it up. Listen, guys, thanks for all of your comments, Thanks for being patient with us. We were on hiatus, but we really needed a break and I think we're really gonna need a break after watching this, so in a couple of years, wait till the next one. All right, kids, all the best. Thanks a lot for the cards and letters. We love them, keep them coming. We read everything. Thank you, ladies, Danielle, Suzanne, Tara Amy. We will see you next time. And remember we and I am all In stay safe. Everybody'll forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com