Speaker 1: Hello, my loves, welcome back and give them all a podcast. I am.
Speaker 2: It's early, it's early. It's early for me, it's nine to twenty five am.
Speaker 1: That for me to start podcasting and using my brain is definitely like I'm a ten o'clocker. Yeah, because you sit and go, okay, we're gonna start the podcast at nine thirty. Well, then I got to wake up and get ocean ready and do that whole shtick. Yeah, my mom took her this morning. I didn't take her. Okay, I do this well. Good.
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of activity again once again. You were out and about this weekend.
Speaker 1: I went to Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Well, it was much needed. Life is weird. Everyone's life gets weird at some point, right, So when you just like LA for my friends who don't live here, my people who don't live here, it can become suffocating, you know, Jess. Yeah, there's little things that happen where you're like, I've got to get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: People in New York City know this feeling very well too, do they? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, my.
Speaker 2: Friends in New York are constantly talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is where I'm at you know when you say, like I want to crawl out of my own skin. I want to crawl out of Los Angeles. Okay, Okay, that's just what I want right now. Yeah, So Shina said, let's go to Palm Springs. I had you cancel most of Thursday all of Friday so that I could go and get my mind right. It was a very funky couple of days, Like Thursday was a little fucking weird, Friday was super fun. Saturday ocean came down with the cold. I asked Shena, do you prefer that we leave so we don't get summer moonsick? She was like, I think that ship has sailed already. They've literally been kissing, sharing cups. So it was it was great. It was easy. We stayed in most of the time because it was raining.
Speaker 2: But why do you think did something happen where you felt like I have to get out of here? Do you just think it just happens sometimes when you live in a city like LA.
Speaker 1: I think it just happens sometimes when you live in a place like La. But also just everything going on in my personal life, which I'm like sitting here like wanting a fucking just share like I want to get on this mic and be like, this is what I've been fucking dealing with for fourteen fucking months. These are the little things that I gotta fucking deal with, and I'm sick of it. And to watch someone constantly try to say that everyone around is lying, but he's the keeper of the truth. Everyone else is insane and lying trying to take him down, It's like beyond comprehension from an.
Speaker 2: Out just an outsider, even if I didn't know you, an outsider looking in you have been saying for a long time, like, hey, there's stuff going on no one knows about. I'm just trying to get through stuff going on, stuff going on. And slowly we have started to be we as the audience have become exposed to some of the things, maybe just the surface.
Speaker 1: Well, what if I always suggests from the very beginning, what is done in the dark will always come to the light, right and now people are somewhat somewhat seeing why I am fighting for my child right now. Right, So it's a day in, day out type of thing. And I still believe what is done in the dark will always come to the light, The truth will always find the light. That's just how shit works. So I'm doing whatever I can to prevent things from happening, to protect, you know, my offspring, my little cub. But it's a lot. And I will say this weekend I had moments of just we talked about this week last week, where I have moments of like, Okay, this is a moment where I may break, And I got to sit in a room and like regroup right and tell myself, this motherfucker is not gonna break me, bitch, I'll be damned.
Speaker 2: And it's incredible to watch, only because you know, you're starting to hear and see people going, oh my god, this is what Lala's been hinting at and talking about and and and you know me, I'm like, oh my, And people are like, no, wonder she's been fighting and this and that. I'm like, oh god, you don't even no, no, no, this is not it. This is not even we haven't even scratched the surface. So you are going through so much more than people know. And you don't, like, you're not the kind of person to sit there and say that, like if you guys only knew, like you're just not and to watch you are going through so much and I literally have said this honestly these past two years. To watch you get up every day and you have your moments, but then to soldier on is like extremely inspiring. And we always get dms that are like, oh my god, like Laala inspires me. She's killing it, which so true. But I think just one day, I think people may know the full story and it's it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Full story will come out. Yeah yeah, and I don't even have to be the one to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're you're you're killing it. You're an amazing mother, You're an amazing just woman friend boss. So it's like amazing. It's just like bravo to you, you know.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jess. Yeah. In brighter news, Yes, let's hear you had a really fun I love watching your Instagram so much. It brings me so much joy. Okay, let's talk about you micro needled your own.
Speaker 2: Face, micro needled my own face, which I didn't even know. I got a micro needling tool, which I'll link you guys. I got all of these. You know, it's funny. I got all of the stuff. Micro needling tool, led light mask. When the pandemic hit in twenty twenty because I'm like, oh, I'm going to be home time to do all of like the facial stuff and everything. And I probably used them all like twice and then forgot about them until this past weekend. I was looking in the mirror, and you know, I'm thirty one, and I've always you know, I look at my skin and I see the wrinkles forming, and I've I've said it on here before. I always go back and forth with like is it time for botox? Is it time? So I think it is, but haven't gotten it yet. But this past weekend I did some micro needling, did an led light mask. I don't know if it's going to help, because I've heard and read and watched that you have to be consistent, but it was just a fun little like.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It looked the red light mask, which, by the way, every time I go to a spaw and have that treatment done, I fall asleep out cold. The micro needling, I don't know if that's going to help with wrinkle wrinkles. I know it helps with like fine lines, but you know, just like the way we move our faces, I don't know that it's going to like really get it in there.
Speaker 2: What does it do oh collagen right it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically like resurfaces your your healthy skin. Okay, well, and that's why I do the micro needling with the PRP where they put basically your own blood, not really, they separate the platelets and then they put the plasma on and then they micro needle that into your face.
Speaker 2: See that it is your own blood. I would pass out, but I would. Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that video the blood blood what? Oh?
Speaker 2: That was like one of the first YouTube viral throw back same around the same time as the Charlie but my Finger Charlie Charlie out and it's still hurting throw I wonder if some people listening to this they're like, what are they talking about?
Speaker 1: As No, my demographic is, like I think mostly my age and older. Okay, I definitely know what we're talking.
Speaker 2: But because when I was talking about broad City, when we were talking about pegging, and I was like, oh, there's an episode on broad City, I got so many dms like shout out hell, yes, broad City.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something really funny? And I hope they keep it in this season and Bravo, please don't email me. I don't want to live it ain't the day. Just let me say this. We we're filming and we're in like, we're in fight mode a group of us, and I said, I pegged you from the beginning, and the whole group likes to me, goes what And I was like, like, I I called your like I knew your card before your cars, before they were dealt. And they were like, pegging is putting something in your asshole. And I was like, are you serious pegging?
Speaker 2: Yes, more specifically no, but that is Kyle says it. He's like, well, I pegged him for a blah blah blah guy. And I'm like, oh, did you.
Speaker 1: Now that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Were you talking to a man or a woman?
Speaker 1: Group of chicks? Oh, group of chicks.
Speaker 2: That is so funny. I hope they keep that in.
Speaker 1: I do too. There's my tea on vander Pump that there are times that are like really, really fucking funny, and I hope that some of them they keep in.
Speaker 2: You know what I loved last season. I don't know if this is the first season they did it, but it seemed like they kept those moments in. It was like the week after the episode aired, they had the I don't know if it was extended version of totally, well that extended.
Speaker 1: When they do that, it's like an like unseen unseen.
Speaker 2: Footage totally they have in the episodes. I don't know if they'll do it this season, but that seems to be when they put the funny stuff back in, like what you didn't see from the scene, and it's like a silly moment.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But speaking of vander Pump, I'm curious because I saw a lot of news and stuff. I saw a lot of like tea spilled this past weekend on Bravo account and people questioning certain relationships you have in friendships. Do you have anything to say on that?
Speaker 1: So I did because today we don't have a guest, and I like when we have a guest, but I also have so much fun, just like shooting the shit with you guys, you know. So I asked my friends on Instagram we're recording a podcast, like what do you want to know? And so many people asked about this what you're referring to, So of course I was like, why are people asking this? Well, now I know that someone asked Katie this on her podcast and she said, quote unquote, the vibes are definitely off. So I guess the vibes are definitely off.
Speaker 2: Is that news to you?
Speaker 1: Well? After the DMS I got from her the other day, not so much. Not so much, I would say a little bit off. But just like I've said before, I got a lot going on. That is the least of my concern. And I hope she had a very happy birthday. It slipped my mind that it was her birthday because it was MLK Day.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, her birthday was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Monday, on Monday. Yeah, oh, I didn't know that. Okay, Yeah, so I completely spaced it, you know, with MLK Day happening, and you know, I had ocean she was feeling sick. So there's that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, as someone who is a fan of your friendship, I hope that the vibes get back on. But I guess we'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see, We'll see, yeah, you know, m hm, you know, we'll fucking see. There was another funny question that someone asked me on the gram. Did you ever sleep with Jack?
Speaker 2: For real?
Speaker 1: Answer?
Speaker 2: Tell the truth, Laala, No, I did not. I do not have even slept with him.
Speaker 1: I think season four, like before Brittany had come into vander Pump Rules. There was like flirting going on.
Speaker 2: I remember that, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But nothing ever happened, like not even not even a kiss, Like nothing at all, Yeah happened. Ever.
Speaker 2: That's so funny because you I remember that scene where it was like, oh, she's flirting on whatever, And it makes me laugh because I just feel like I've only met Jackson a couple of times. You know, nice guy, but I feel like you two are so different, and I would be shook if I ever found out you guys slept together.
Speaker 1: I means, yeah, but weren't you shook when you found out that, like I hooked double jeens. Yeah, Alcohol's one hell of a drug, it really is. In fact, there was a scene season four at the very beginning where I went to have drinks with Jack's Sheena and Kristen, and I had my hand on Jackson's leg and everyone was like, she's doing something naughty and I wasn't. And then I had my like the person I was so in love with at the time pick me up from that bar. I was wasted. I do not recommend this. It was very fun, but I don't recommend it. I literally was having sex with him while he was driving like on his lap. Okay, like one wrong move, we were through the windshield. What's this someone that we saw on the show or no, no, okay, it wasn't someone you saw on the show, but it was talked about. We get to my apartment at the time, the famous or the infamous apartment on Olympic Okay, and that's when I ate someone's bum bum for the first time ever. And it was this up on the show. I was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, hold on, I'm I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You had sex with this guy in the car who picked you up. Yes, Then when you got home.
Speaker 1: Who I had been seeing since I was like twenty one and I was twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, did you eat his ass? And James's no, jamesus, I don't.
Speaker 1: Man's the boys.
Speaker 2: The guy And then you told James about.
Speaker 1: It, and then I was like, oh my gosh, like do I think we're getting back together? This is awesome? Yes? What And guess what what we did get back together? You did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I kept having dreams that he was cheating on me, and I was like, this is called a gut feeling. So I broke up with him again betrayal.
Speaker 2: It took me a couple of years to stop taking out my dreams on Kyle be like, are you fucking? I would wake up and be like wake up.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, the fuck is.
Speaker 2: Wrong with you? Hear me out, Yeah, this is what you did to me my dream because I was also crazy, like the first two years I did him extremely insecure, a drunk, drinking every night like.
Speaker 1: Comic so don't picture you this way, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, messy going out. He was a DJ in Nashville, so like he would DJ from nine to two and I would get free drinks right at like the rooftop clubs, and I would just drunk, messy, yucky, but more better now.
Speaker 1: You know, she feel like that happened.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting too, I feel like if it weren't him, any other guy would have probably not stuck around like I think any.
Speaker 1: Other guy would have been like patient.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was patient. So if any men are out there listening to this and you have a gut feeling like this is my lady, but she's acting a fool right now, maybe hang in there, have some talks with her. It might be just her thing, her insecurities, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also consider her age.
Speaker 2: Consider her age. I was twenty five, Yeah I was. I think I feel like anything.
Speaker 1: If she's in her early to mid twenties, Yeah, she can be acting crazy once she starts stepping into like the twenty seven twenty eight zone, she should really be like kind of figuring it out. Still maybe a little up and down, but you know we're getting a grip. Yes, once they hit thirty, yes I should mellow out. I don't know who the fuck am I to judge.
Speaker 2: And also, yes, I know a lot of my friends who didn't drink until they were like twenty five, and then they get to be thirty and that's their wild days. So who knows. But can we go back to you eating ass really quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Always did you enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Number one? Because I've never done it. I never will. That is a garbage area to me.
Speaker 1: I am like, again, I was drinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would assume it's like smelly and gross and terrible.
Speaker 1: It wasn't smelly and gross and terrible. But I literally like I would have let this man do anything to me, like I was like in love.
Speaker 2: Do you still talk to this No?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, no, No, he's like married with children, Okay, fine as fuck. His wife's fine as fuck. Okay, taking hot kids, love that, you know. Okay.
Speaker 2: So it was nice. It was a good experience.
Speaker 1: That's good. It was a great experience. It was sad because by the time we were both like, I had moved out here, he was ready to commit, which is what I had been wanting since I was like twenty one and he was younger than me, and I met him when he was in college and I chose that thing to be with.
Speaker 2: Oh it was around this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, you know what, You've really taken my heart on a wild fucking ride, and I just I could go for security and knowing that I'm going to be taken care of in my emotional areas. Right, He's present, and I just can't take the chance on you doing to me what you've done for the past however many years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wanted what you thought was stability, which makes sense when you get to a mature age as a woman. I think a lot of women search for that. Yeah, Breg mistake, BG brigm shteak.
Speaker 1: But then I would to have Ocean Kent exactly. The Angel, The Angel Okay, this person is asking how to be okay with being single. I've been single for four years and still on struggle street. That's such a tough one because I want to say, like, I feel like you feel comfortable being single once you feel one hundred percent with yourself. But I also have met many men, not many women, but a lot of men who have been single for a really long time who seem to be very, very okay with themselves. They're one hundred percent on their own, but they're like, I want a partner, like I'm ready. The men, the men. I've met a lot of men who are looking for that. Yeah, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think that, Like I said, I met I had I've told you this before, Lalla, and I think I've said it on here. I met Kyle literally two days after. I was like my entire family, like, here's my plan. I'm gonna be single forever when I'm thirty five, I'm gonna get a sperm donor. I had my entire life plan, and I was like excited for it. I'm like, I'm gonna be the baddest bitch. And then I met Kyle and I'm still that bitch, but like it was one of those things where I was like finally happy and secure with myself. I mean ended up being insecure for a couple more years after that. But I think you're right. I think that being happy with yourself and a lot of people say this, but it comes when you're not looking. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think when you start like you're on the move searching to find a dude, it's like they're nowhere to be found. It's same with when you're in a relationship and for some reason you got all these options and you can't even do anything about it because you're like, I found my person, but so why do you want me? And then you break up with them and you're like where the dude is at?
Speaker 2: Because it's an energy, people have said, yeah, it's like an energy when you're happy and fulfilled with yourself, and yeah, give or take a man or a woman, that's sort of an attractive energy to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. So I wouldn't even know how to answer that because I've been single now for over a year, and granted my situation is different, and we won't harp on my situation because we've been doing it for an eternity, it feels like. But I just think, as corny as it sounds, timing is everything.
Speaker 2: Timing is everything for everything. I feel like for everything, jobs, work, relationships, so many things are timing.
Speaker 1: I also think you have to like really sit down and create an incredible bond with the universe. Is that so weird? You guys can all think that I'm a nut job, But I just find that when you have a profound relationship with the universe, it just works in your favor. And it could be just a mental thing where you're like, oh, it is making sense, you know, like almost like a placebo effect for the mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's it is placebo effect, like thinking, Okay, I'm doing this, so things are gonna get better, and then things do get better. Right, No, I one hundred percent agree. It's the whole manifesting, which people, by the way, were like, I'm getting into it this year, tons of people manifesting and doing gonna try your holy work.
Speaker 1: I just fucking do it. I'm not even fucking around with you right now. What are the Okay, let's just put it in perspective for the one thing that okay, I've been manifesting from the time I was a child, right, I've always said I'm gonna grow up and be an entertainment dam There was no one who could tell me otherwise. There's a small percent chance la la great, I'm gonna be a part of that. Yeah, I always told myself. I was like, one day, I'm dreaming big. I want I want to be in a range Rover.
Speaker 2: You're in the nicest one I've seen.
Speaker 1: You. Just keep manifesting. I feel like I'm going insane today. So if anyone's sitting here being like, what's going on with her? Mentally, just no role with me today. I need y'all on my train. Please.
Speaker 2: I'm eating this up. No, this is like you the manifesting. I read something this weekend. It was like ten life tips. It was a TikTok or something, but number one was and take this as you will because some of us just need work. We need to make money, but never work for someone who you don't want to become. And I was like, I've got that down because I look at you and I'm like, yes, that's goals, And I'm like that's a great tip.
Speaker 1: And you know this isn't our forever, right, Jess. But there's gonna be a day where you come to work and we're free, like we've broken the chains.
Speaker 2: I love that you say that because I feel free. But I get what you're saying, Like best job I've ever had, just because like it's you. I mean, I've said it over and over. But I love what we're doing. We're making moves, we're taking meetings, we got things going on behind the scenes, we've got schedules filled up. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but manifesting back to pie, I sat here and I found out a shit ton of things.
Speaker 1: I didn't have to do shit. I knew why I was fighting and what I was in two weeks ago. Bam, Wow, I didn't have to say one thing. And here it is. Everyone knows now without me saying a word, without me confirming, denying, just sitting back and doing what I need to do behind the scenes. It's right in front of everyone. Oh oh, let's put the pieces of the puzzle together on why Lalla's been fighting for over a year now. All right, So you sit your ass down and you call whatever it is you want into your life, and you know the universe has your back, and you say anything that is true, bring it to the light. And by the way, sometimes I live like straight live right now, living on a prayer. Yeah, the only thing that keeps me going on a day to day where I can get out of bed and function, even though I might go to sleep and night and be like, wow, we did a lot, but I don't remember much because I'm so just occupied by what is my life. But you wake up in the morning and you're straight living on trust in something greater than you.
Speaker 2: Well, what you just said about getting I wake up in the morning and the only thing that gets me out of bed. I read this this past weekend. A lot of us grew up hearing like choices have consequences, and we just sort of associate that with negativity. Like I always thought, like my parents told me that forever and to me it always meant like if I make a bad choice, I'm gonna pay for it somehow, which I totally agree. But I was reading something it was called like Unholy and Holy Choices this week and my Grandma's a doll she sent me a book, but it was saying choices have consequences. Think of that as well as like the not negative thing. So if you make a good choice, there's gonna be a good consequence. So just you getting out of your laying in bed and you're like, I'm gonna choose to get out of bed this morning and you get up, there's going to be a positive consequence for that choice. Just a choice as simple as I'm going to get out of bed, next thing, I'm going to journal, there's going to be a positive consequence that comes from that. And I like it kind of changed my mindset because I'm like, oh, true, if even the smallest choices are going to have consequences, and it goes the other way too. You choose a tiny choice to make a bad decision, that's gonna have a consequence that you're gonna have to live with. So it's kind of like it kind of has just like formed my mindset a little, Like harder things. I'm choosing to go to the gym for twenty minutes, that's gonna have a positive consequence for me on my mental stability. So I just like you just saying something as simple as I'm choosing to get out of bed this morning is going to just have a positive consequence, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I remember like at the very beginning of all of this. There was a lawyer who said to me, I need you to keep your head where your feet are. And so many times I've noticed when I'm like laying in bed, because that's really like at night when my anxiety kicks in, and in the morning, when I see the sun come up, I'm like, oh fuck, we got it. Like I got to start the day and it starts all over again, and what am I gonna have to deal with today? But when I and I realized the disconnect, my head is like up in the clouds going a million miles an hour, and I have to, like, literally it feels literally put my head back onto my body where my feet are. And I immediately when I can connect my head to my feet, calmness. Yeah, right now we're laying in the bed. You ain't got to think about shit right now, we're podcasting. Just think about that. Yeah. Yeah, And that's a lot.
Speaker 2: And yeah. And that's the thing we talked about last week too, is like why worry about something that hasn't happened yet. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, and you're gonna have to feel the negative emotions when it happens, but you worrying about it is like you're gonna have to feel those negative emotions twice.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, this is my teachable moment. And I think all of us go through this where we every experience in life is teaching us something. And I've never believed in your strength is being tested. I feel I feel like your strength is being shown rather than tested. But these are teachable moments, and for me, I have to remember I don't need to cross bridges that we're not at yet. Yeah, I'm thinking about bridges that I may never even have to cross at all.
Speaker 2: And you're feeling the feelings probably of oh shit in yeah, if you're feeling the feelings of what you would feel approaching those bridges when you may never approach them, So why put yourself through that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I think that most people relate to that. We all live on a what if we got to stop living on a what if? I'm all about it, B, but let's not. Let's take the plan B, put it in a box and visit it when it needs to be visited.
Speaker 2: Right, it's there if it needs to be right. Yeah, Wow, I love I love these episodes.
Speaker 1: Here we go. We go from eating nast to manifestation bitch drinks you go to now being sober? Perier, where are you at? I'm gonna need you to be like, hey, Lalla, we would love to sponsor you. I mean, I literally how many dress how many bitches filled to the brim? I have Perier's coming out of my ears and they're wiped out as quickly as they're put in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Some might say too many, We are all. We always have them stocked at the office. We've got to have them stocked at Lala's house. Perier, the amount of ideas Lalla has to just creatively push your brand. If you sponsor her or this podcast, it's gonna when you finally we're manifesting that. And when you finally sponsor Lalla, we're gonna have a little Perier celebration.
Speaker 1: That's my go to drink. Yeah, and it makes me happy when I say to a waiter, do you have sparkling water, preferably Perier, and they say we do it. Like the joy that it brings me, Yeah, it makes me sad. It's almost like like you being gone on a long trip and you're finally home. That's what Perry makes me feel Oh, my God, makes me feel like I'm at home. I'm not kidding. I have a profound love for it, you really do.
Speaker 2: I want to love anything as much as you love Perier, to be honest.
Speaker 1: So people ask me what's your drink of choice when you go out of Perier? A Perier that's it, Perier in a champagne glass, periy and a short glass perio camp Perier at the bottle. I don't care, or just get it in my body.
Speaker 2: That's true. And when you are looking for something a little sweeter you you do? Do you still go with Starla or no?
Speaker 1: Oh, Starla's we want to get real. When I'm having a rough day, starless sparkling rose done a champagne glass takes all my cares away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and these are sponsored, my friends, These are just her loves Placibo effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know how people have the like like diamond encrusted like McDonald's bags, and I want to get you or find a could you imagine a diamond encrusted like Perier purse?
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's a a designer named Judith Lieber. If you've ever seen like the Kardashians with their super sparkly, like one hundred dollar bill purses that they take around. Ye've seen cupcakes. So I have the hammer Okay, a hamburger purse. Oh my. I bought it for myself because I was so obsessed. She does it in like hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, these are amazing aliens.
Speaker 1: So it's sold out, but I spent just shy of six thousand dollars on it. I'm looking right here, six grand Okay.
Speaker 2: Is it like swar Off skik Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: You can't fit shit in it. It's literally all about looks. I've taken it out all of one time, and when I take it out, there's nothing in it except maybe a chapstick, okay, and then the rest of the stuff I give to my husband. I'm like, hold my wallet, here's my lipliner. Actually, if I have like a little tiny nub of a lipliner, I can put that in it too, like if I've shaved it down to the point where it's just like a tiny little guy. So it's an accessory, total accessory. It's just meant to be like, oh that's weird. Yeah, I'm oddly fucking awesome because it's a hamber her purse. I mean, look at this shit, Jess. We got to post this on the ground, and I really expect how you look at that? Am I lying? Five six hundred and ninety five dollars?
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful though.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I deserve this. I don't know what belt I deserved it, but I bought it. Well you do.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if she makes for they the brand Judith Lieber may would make an actual.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. We should reach out. I mean, look, she has a croissant, she has a Wilbur, the pig Wilbur.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, these are there?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, a hot dog, the hot dog sold out, a.
Speaker 2: Rainbow basketball French fries?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? I know how much is that one? Same? Same?
Speaker 2: Six thousand?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Five six nine?
Speaker 1: All right, let's reach out to her. Let's see if she can make me a perryer Perth. That'd be fucking awesome, right.
Speaker 2: No, that'd be incredible. I've been thinking about it, and I'm like, but where would I get one made?
Speaker 1: Judith Leber leb yours for six gees?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Easy? Good god? So there's that. Yes, I love Perry. That's my go to when it comes to non alcoholic beverages, I wish I had something more fun for you guys. There's also I used to love this at the very beginning of sobriety, where it was like I need something in a short glass. Have them do sparkling water and then mostly pineapple juice, so like pineapple juice, splash of the sparkling water, lime, and then if they can do it to heen rim. That's like a.
Speaker 2: Skinny margarita vibe, isn't it. No, maybe not, but I mean, I mean it sounds great. It sounds like.
Speaker 1: Take out the juice. I think of the skinny margarita is literally just tequila and like a lot of lime juice, right, and maybe a splash of sparkling water.
Speaker 2: I don't know there is because all the things you're saying seem like they wouldn't be a sugar overload either, which I love. But if you are looking for a sugar not a sugar overload, but like a simple syrup, which is just sugar and water heated until the sugar dissolves. A simple syrup with like grapefruit, ginger, beer, sparkling water, it's basically a mule like a moscow. Mule, but just take out the alcohol and that's really good too, Like Kyle and I. If I'm feeling like Cocktailey but don't want alcohol, I'll make like a sweet sugary drink like that.
Speaker 1: You know what. I like more like sour over sweet. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you said you were never when you did drink. You were never a big sweet drink person, were you? You were just like vodka vodka soda, Yeah, with no fruit.
Speaker 1: I didn't want lime, lemon, nothing really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no margarita's ever, or did you?
Speaker 1: When I went to a Mexican jokay, I would get a margarita, but it wasn't like that was my go doo too, and I would usually only have one of a fun drink. And then it was like all vodka sodas. Smart love mes vodka sodas. I love the best. Yeah. Like when I watch someone order a drink and it's a vodka soda, I'm like, the first sip you're about to have, Oh lifetime ever?
Speaker 2: Really? I hate vodka.
Speaker 1: What do you like? Tequila? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But even tequila, it's been like giving me rash, just like I just don't really drink, you know that, Kaya, I don't either yeah, or.
Speaker 1: Like Rose, Okay, that's nice. There was another funny part season four where Brittany I think we're in Hawaii. We are in Hawaii, and I'm like wanting to bond with the group. I had my little black thonged bikini on because everyone was like she went took her top off at the waterfall. So I was like, tomorrow, I'm gonna bring my ass out. Then you guys want to call me a ho, I'm gonna show you a ho bitch. And we're sitting on these floaties and Brittany wants to play a game called baseball bat and we're like, okay, what is in She was like, you literally passed the bottle and drink it, and I'm like, this is not a game, this is just us passing. I'm for drinking. I take a sip and I know it's tequila. I hate tequila, but like, I want to fit in and I want this could be a Bonnie experience. We're on this big floaty together. I take a sip, it's warm, and I vomit into the water. There's a vomit floating around.
Speaker 2: Is this on the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it made the cut, but it was definitely on the show. I don't know that they showed me. I do know that they showed me bending over. I was throwing up, But I think they were like, oh, this is a great time to show that Lalla's ass and vagina are hanging out. They had to blur it because I had on a skippy bikini.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you threw up. There's vomit floating. Do people all like run out or is it not even that traumatic?
Speaker 1: No? They were gross. Just like if I hated it's some dumb bitch who took her top off in front of my dude and then had her ass out and she threw up, I'd be like, bitch, you a rookie, get off this raft.
Speaker 2: It's so funny to think about if you would. Do you think you would get along with a U?
Speaker 1: No, because I've met bitches like me and I can't stand him. Really Yeah, I'm like, oh, you're annoying, And I'm like, oh, it's because you're looking in a mirror.
Speaker 2: Basically, that is so interesting.
Speaker 1: I do not connect with people who are like me, not one bit. Really, No, I think I think I'd be annoyed by me back then. Yeah, well, you know what it is what it is. I was young, I was like on a television show and I was like, bring the dogs out.
Speaker 2: Well, they say that the things you hate most about people is like your deepest insecurity. So I hate I really can't connect with people who come off as desperate to me, and so deep down I must be like desperate.
Speaker 1: I don't know, You're not.
Speaker 2: I'm not desperate, but like when I've had a lot of women in my life who like, I love them, but they're they're just there's some sort of desperation, whether or not it's for a man or for like a a job or for and it like triggers me for some reason. And we've had I've had a lot of arguments with women in my life about it, and desperation triggers me. And like I've read so many times, what triggers you and other people? You have some sort of thing in yourself. I don't know who knows that you know?
Speaker 1: That could be very true. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't feel desperate, but I'm like, well, it triggers me in other people, Like I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Just because you don't connect with someone doesn't mean that person is you Yeah, yeah, yeah's true, Like you don't like people who are desperate, doesn't mean that I were desperate. This person asked, if you could give your younger self any advice, what would you say? I like this because of the topic we're on. Yes, what would you say to your younger self? I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I would say, like, really stick, I know we just said it, but full circle, I would say, your choices and actions have consequences, because when I was younger, I was making bad choices. Yeah, I'm talking like I mean this is when I was, you know, twenty two, but like drinking and driving, like really terrible, terrible, nasty decisions like that. Kyle almost broke when the first year we dated, he almost broke up with me because I were drinking. Well, he found out that I drank drove and he's like I don't stand for that, Like that's like that's the one that he was like, I'm you can go do that with someone else, but not me, And I didn't since then, but I would basically just tell myself like I was like an asshole to certain people I'm talking to, like men are like used people. This was before Kyle but like used men and then like when they showed some sort of emotion, I made them feel like, Okay, no, this was just a hookup, like and like I hurt people's feelings, And I would just say, like, your actions have your actions and choices have consequences, and you need to think about that.
Speaker 1: That's what I would say, Okay, oh yeah that. I don't even know what I would tell my younger self because I feel like there's so much that has been positive that's come out of my life, and I don't think that i'd be where I am without every move that I made. I think I would just tell her to like give herself some grace and show yourself some compassion and don't beat yourself up, because like I don't even need people to beat me up. Like I'll do that enough for the both of us. You know, if you think I say things and like every post that I do, I will sit and think about for hours, like why did I post? Like I hate social media? Every story I post, every photo, video, whatever it may be, Like I sit there and obsess over it for hours, going you know, what are people going to think? What are people going to say? And I have to talk myself through it, and then you know, so when people say like you're a badass and don't care about certain things, No, I care a lot. I've just tried my best to put the tools that I have to good use on getting over it so that it doesn't it doesn't become debilitating. Yeah, it doesn't keep me from living life and being outspoken.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like, am I too hyper sensitive to things? Am I seeing things for what they are? Like? Is the world really getting to a place where it's evil and I can't understand it? Am I making this up? In my mind? I spiral over these things. Do I share my thoughts or do I just shut the fuck up?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Question off of that, around this time two years ago, what would you tell yourself and what do you hope yourself a year from now will feel?
Speaker 1: I think when this all happened, what I would have told myself? Just I don't think I would have told myself anything.
Speaker 2: Two years ago. No, you would let yourself just experience what's coming.
Speaker 1: I had to. I experienced everything. I mean, there's going to be a day where I'm going to have to do intense therapy to like not have trust issues anymore. But as far as like just the hand that I was dealt in this situation, it was like I did everything. I was in survival mode and to think about the things that I and having to go through, and you have to remember this is not if it just affected me, we would be in a very different situation. I can get over things, I really can. But when you have a little innocent human that you brought into the world who had no say in the matter at all, and you're you giving up because it's easier for you, the child is going to suffer those consequences. So there's nothing I could have told myself back then except for reminding myself every day that everything is temporary, nothing is forever. You know, like this will come to an end. I don't know what the end is going to look like, but I have to just have faith that whoever is looking out for Ocean, her wellbeing will be protected in the end period. So I have to believe that something greater than myself, something greater than Ocean, is looking out for her. I'm going to be just fine. Yeah, there's a bigger thing happening here, and it's not just about me, and it's not just about ocean. It's about what's wrong. This is about what is broken in the system. And I'm a privileged person. I can't imagine what some people go through in this system. It is beyond heartbreaking. So I would just tell myself that things are temporary and then moving forward, a year from now, I'll be free.
Speaker 2: Yeah you will. And not to confuse anyone, Sorry I said two years ago. It was only a year and a few months ago. I didn't want to confuse. I don't know why I thought it was two years ago.
Speaker 1: You're fine. I also want to say I know that it's been a year and some change of podcasts that are all over the place, and I want to thank everyone for allowing me to go from like really funny talk about sex and all of these things, to going deep and sobbing to ending on a high note. I know this podcast is very intense. I just just roll with me. Guys. I'm praying that it ends soon, but like I'm in it. This is my life.
Speaker 2: You're giving them Lalla, which when we asked a few months ago, what do you guys want? So many messages said more Lalla more her life more her, this, more her that, and this is your life.
Speaker 1: This is my teachable moment. Lala, We're gonna see if you do know how to shut the fuck up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's hard though, because allala that shut the fuck shuts the fuck up. It's not a world I want to live in.
Speaker 1: I don't want to live in that world either.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's not you. You give your opinion and it helps people. It's not like you give your opinion on a lot of things and people are like, this just ruined my day. Thanks a lot. We get dms that are like, thank you so much, I've gone through this blah blah blah blah blah. She keeps me going, so all.
Speaker 1: Right, I love that. Mm hmmm. This person wants to know, did you experience physical withdrawal when you stop drinking? Ooh ooh, good question. Yes you did. Oh yeah, like the cold sweats and jitters and like not. I mean, luckily I didn't have to go to a treatment center. I did tell my sober coach, the first person I reached out to when I got sober. She said, with what you're telling me because I shared my story, She said, I would highly recommend that you go to a treatment center. This sounds very intense, and I said, I am so in this that I don't feel like I need a treatment center, which, by the way, if you need one, go, but I knew mentally I'm fucking done like it ends to like it ended, We're done now. I just need you to help me stay here, I said. If I relapse, then I'll check in same day, no problem. But I did have the withdrawals.
Speaker 2: You're dead, Yeah, is that like nausea, shay sweating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just like the cold sweats and like a deep depression. But it was like it was a definite, like physical reaction to not I mean, my body had been used to it for a really long time and super heavily. After my dad died. It was like morning until I passed out. Wow.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you could do, just in case anyone's going through this that helps? Is it like or is it like? No, you just gotta get through it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is everyone's addiction looks different. So I don't want to see Because I'm no doctor, I just can speak from my personal experience. So if you told me that you were exactly like me, then I would say, like you got this. But I do, like I've always said, take advantage of people who are experts in fields, like reach out to them. They're here for us when we need them, like take advantage of it. And but rehab is expensive. I know, it's beyond expensive. And that's why I'm grateful for the program that I'm in, because it doesn't matter where you come from, what your financial situation is, You're welcome at any point in time to come here for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing. It's like everything costs money nowadays, and one of the most incredible programs that has helped millions of people is free.
Speaker 1: I know, and I always feel guilty because when I'm in my meetings, you know, we talk about how the program should not be brought into radio television, and I talk about the program a lot. Obviously, I would never share anyone else's experience because it's anonymous, but I just feel this need to share that, like this program has saved my life in not just drinking in many areas where like I'm having a rough day and I'm not I'm not gonna drink. I don't need a meeting because I feel like I'm gonna drink. I'm just having a rough day. I step in that meeting and I leave feeling like I could take on the world. I'm revived.
Speaker 2: I think it's beautiful sharing it. I mean, I understand, I don't understand, like I've never been in it, but normalizing being able to say, if you want to, yeah, I go to aa ar. I because on another podcast I listened to armtare Expert. He always talks about his program, being in the program in sobriety, you talk about it. I think it's.
Speaker 1: Incredible, the fears you have raising a little girl in a world like we have right now. Oh well, I watched twenty twenty on the Idaho University murders last night, and I was like, that's it. Ocean's not going to college anywhere. Yeah, she can go to college where I live. This is where she'll be staying. I will drop her off at school, I will wait for her to be done, I will walk her to her next class, and then I'll take her home. This couple who was madly in love and all of a sudden, you know, he's they've got children, and then they get divorced and he's put a hit out on his wife. Okay, you're never getting married. I had a lot of fears. My biggest one though, was social media at a young age, because Ocean really isn't into like electronics right now. I had this I have an ancient iPad and I just cleared off last night and I'm like, and Mom's like, you need to order a case. And I'm like, I don't even know what decade my bad is from how I was supposed to order a case. I don't even think they make cases. I'm gonna have to eBay that shit. But she like had no interest in it. I was showing her all of these things that she can do on the iPad, and she was like, she had no interest. She wanted to go and play with her, like cleaning supplies that I got her. She loves cleaning the house and my mom last met yesterday. She was like, Okay, now get because my housekeeper who you know her? I love her so much. So she says, God, bless you, La Lah, thank you so much. And I'm like, why are you thinking me like you're you are you keep your energy, keeps my life together. She's amazing. She's amazing. Unfortunately, she was in a car accident so she can't work for the next month, and she was like, I hope my job is still there. I was like, girl, don't worry about the job, Like, I just want to make sure you're okay. Yeah, and my mother, I'm watching her and she's telling Ocean to clean underneath this table and I was like, yo, you really are putting her to work.
Speaker 2: She but I've seen her with like that little broom. She loves it.
Speaker 1: She loves it.
Speaker 2: That's really cute.
Speaker 1: So she would rather do that than like be on electronics. I don't think that's going to be it for everything. She's only you know, twenty two months, so the phone scares me. I'm worried that she's gonna go to school, come home. Tell me that Elizabeth has a new iPhone and she wants it. And Elizabeth has Instagram. Why can I have Instagram? It's like, you ain't have an Instagram.
Speaker 2: Kate Winslet, she was the one in the Titanic, right, Yeah, made a video the other day and she was like, and I loved it, but she was like, yeah, my kids don't have It's not exactly this, so don't quote me, but she was basically saying it's okay to I tell your kids no my kids don't have social media. My kids don't use iPhones all the time. Like She's like, it's okay, Like they're gonna be pissed at you, and that's okay. You're just gonna have to tell them like this is why, this is how I feel, and life goes on. And I was like, yeah, that's a great, that's a good thing. I mean, I'm gonna be a helicopter parent. I don't like all the things you just said, like I'm gonna walk you to school. You're not going to college. I'm like, yes, that's but like they gotta live.
Speaker 1: They do have to bill rebellry. Yeah, no, they will rebel. I watched friends in high school rebel like the strict Mormon kids giving blowies behind the bleachers and me I was like, no, that is naughty.
Speaker 2: And you had a very open family. I was a rebeller because I had a very drink you know, drinking at fifteen. Like let's because I had a family who was like no alcohol, no sex, know this.
Speaker 1: But then again, I didn't have my first drink until I had graduated from high school. And I'm in a so I don't know. Yeah, we just come how we are like Ocean. Because there's a group of moms, it's natural for us to be like, oh, so and so is doing this that Ocean's not doing, or Ocean's doing something that so and so is not doing. Like we have these conversations and I tell people they come exactly how they are. I haven't done anything specific with Ocean that has made her into.
Speaker 2: A genius, perfect child that she is. No, she's so sweet, like the video we posted on the podcast Instagram last week of her holding Summer Moon's hand.
Speaker 1: She's sweet. She's very sweet.
Speaker 2: And I think they're like good friends now, aren't they Ocean's Summer Moon. Oh yeah, that is so cute that it's so cute, and.
Speaker 1: Says someer Moon Moon, and so goes.
Speaker 2: Oh Sin, Ohsin, and they give each other hugs and they like sit on the couch and watch TV together.
Speaker 1: And then we have to teach them how to share. There were many meltdowns in Palm Springs this weekend over this fucking like block thing, and Sena sees so she is the type where she goes, I have another one. I'm the type where if you can't share, ain't no one playing with it? Right? So pick either sit down and share it or it's being taken away.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. And I know we're like running low on time, but as two mothers who are friends who parent differently, every mother parents differently, does that get harder? Do you guys kind of figure out ways around it? Like the sharing, Like you kind of like, okay, well I would take the toy away, but if you have another one.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm kind of laid back if she wants to give summer. If they has another one, she wants to give it, great. Yeah it I'm more of like, you know, take the toy. I don't care if you have a meltdown. Yeah, you're not playing with it. You either share or no one gets it. Like they were also fighting over this drawn and my mom goes, well, I'm gonna I'm gonna order one on Amazon so the next time we come they both have the same one and they don't have to fight over it. I said, no, I'm not teaching Ocean that if she has a meltdown that means that we just go buy her one of her own. No, it's I said, she has a drawing pad, but it's not like that. My mom says, I don't give a damn.
Speaker 2: Do you realize this is so funny what you just did because you said, Ocean comes how she is, it's nothing I've done to make her so sweet, And then you literally proceeded to say all the things that would make a child sweet and so it is your parenting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess it is. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Those are like, yes, those are the things that would make a child sweet and share and not you know.
Speaker 1: That's true because Ocean now counts to ten and we like put on that Miss Rachel, which has like, well you're gonna know, you're gonna know. My mom and I look at each other and go like, I fucking hate this? Is it a YouTube all moms do?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And it has like fifty minutes views just this woman who, by the way, you can just tell she's just her life calling was to teach children because Ocean's in her, in her covered in food, in her high chair with her arms in the air. One do three. That's so cute, loving every second of it, which is like, Okay, this is totally worth it just watching you.
Speaker 2: But this is some you're gonna know, Miss Rachel.
Speaker 1: Miss Rachel on YouTube.
Speaker 2: See now, maybe if I could go back in life, I would make YouTube kids videos because.
Speaker 1: My god, I mean in the YouTube with Miss Rachel. Yeah, someone plays the guitar and teaches them how to crawl like a crab.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. Are they is this like good production or are they just like in their living.
Speaker 1: Room not at all? Not good? Like a green screen that's awesome and with horrible lighting.
Speaker 2: Good because the kids don't care.
Speaker 1: No, the kids don't care. And ocean yeah is a learning from miss Rachel. I will tell you what.
Speaker 2: Yes, counting colors. She's so smart. Yeah, I was like, this is I like, picked up a marker the other day and went to tell Oshan it was a blue marker and went to say, this is blue. And before I could get anything out, she goes blue. I was like, well, okay, I can't teach you any I can't teach you nothing she.
Speaker 1: Got Miss Rachel. So you're right, there are things. But what's interesting is Brock and I kind of parent the same way.
Speaker 2: I could see that. I could see that, yeah, from.
Speaker 1: Marion will go down for a nap and Sina will you know Summer's crying? Yeah, and she is so cute. She's like, I don't want her to be traumatized. And I'm like, Sina, she's in a beautiful home in Palm Springs, in a fabulous she is not going to be traumatized by this, Okay, She's gonna be just fine. Where Like Ocean was down for a nap, she wakes up literally cries for two seconds, and she was like, Ocean's crying, and I was like, I hear her. She's fine, she'll figure it out. She's still going. Ifive ten minutes past, she's still going, I'll go in there. But right now she's just maybe searching for her bottle. Yeah, I know the cry.
Speaker 2: You know the cry if there was something wrong, you would know. That's the kind of mom I want to be. And I don't think I'm gonna be that way. And that's okay. It's gonna take work. But even now, I could tell I'm helicopter, and like even when you're I'm sitting in the office with like you and Lisa, and we'll be eating lunch, and like I'll walk to the kitchen and bring Ocean with me and get a snack for myself. Yeah, like trail mix and I'll pour it like little pieces or whatever, get whatever for myself and I'll pour it in my hand. And I know Ocean has to eat lunch. And I know that you and Lisa are like Ocean has to eat lunch. But if she like points to an eminem, I can't not give it to her. And like the other day I brought her back in here and she like pointed to an eminem I was eating, and I was like, okay, you could have it, and I like broke it and gave her a piece. And then I heard Lisa go like, no, Ocean, you have to eat your lunch. And I'm like, damn it. I know, but it's so hard for me, Like I want to give them everything they want, I know, and that's like not the way you mother. I just want to like you want it, you got it totally. It's hard, and I think I'm not I'm just gonna have to be thank god I have Kyle because I'm just gonna like have to work because even with Margot, he's like you let her. When I met Kyle, Margot was a perfect dog. And now she like begs and does all the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't she getting older?
Speaker 2: She's getting older.
Speaker 1: She's just's Yeah, Lily begs eats things off the table now, and I'm like, you know what, you deserve it.
Speaker 2: And they have short lives. They don't live to fifty.
Speaker 1: Eat off the table, eat off the table again. I got much bigger things to worry about than Lily eating all of Ocean's lunch off the table when she's finished with it.
Speaker 2: But it's good to see you as a mom because I'm like clocking it and like, Okay, you can be chill and your child can cry and it's not going to like be traumatized.
Speaker 1: She's not gonna shouldn't live the dream.
Speaker 2: I know that what I'm saying. She's like the most sweet the sweetest child. And I'm like, okay, I need to learn.
Speaker 1: I will tell you something. Even when you put your kid in check, they're still running. Shit. Imagine if you don't, oh, they're running. I've never I'm like, how am I in negotiation with a chick who can't even put a full sentence together.
Speaker 2: In negotiatation? That's so true, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. It really is awesome wild, you know. So that's what parent is like. There's my concerns, my life story. I love you guys so much thank you for tuning into another chaotic episode of To Give Them La La Podcast, and I can't wait to talk to you guys next week