Speaker 1: The volume. All right, basketball season is here, and there's only one place to go for tickets, and you know where that is game Time. They have a new feature called game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. When I want to go to a basketball game, football game, concert, comedy show, just click on the event you want to attend. Game Time gives me a seat preview, offers me a great deal. I get the best bang for my buck. Game Time also has the lowest prices guaranteed or they will credit you one hundred and ten percent the difference. So take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time Picks. Download their app game Time App ninety seconds, create an account, use the code colin that's me Coli in twenty bucks off your first purchase again terms apply redeem codes Colin Coli in twenty bucks off. Download game Time today. What time is it? Game Time? Well, that was a great Thursday night football game. I've got so many thoughts on it. Rams beat the Minnesota Vikings thirty to twenty. That's as bad a missed call in a big spot in an NFL game that I've seen in a long time. Fans tend to get worked up over pass interference calls, but those are subjective. That's like an NBA game. You know, you could call foul every time down the floor, you could call PI every time the balls down the sideline, but a face masking call. I mean, hell, Kirk Kerbstreet saw it. We all saw it on television. Like Donald's head, get Yang back now. I don't think they were going to drive ninety seven yards score a touchdown. The Rams defensive front which is really young Aaron Donald left, but they have stocked at the last two years with really good players, young Verse on the front, Kobe Turner, a lot of good players, and so I don't think Donald was driving down to score a touchdown and the two point conversion on the road. Nonetheless, that's a bad miss. You know, there's so many things to start. First of all, this week, they rumors came out that Cooper Cup and Matt Stafford were on the trade block. Cooper Cup, I believe you see how often they targeted Puka Nakua. He's their future. Cooper Cup's good, but he's brittle, he struggles. He's like an old NBA player. He struggles on like back to back games on turf. You know, he's a guy. Ideally for him and his body, you'd play him about ten weeks a year. But for a good team, like a Pittsburgh team that's playing well, now you get a third fourth round pick for Cooper Cup. With Pickens on the sideline routes, you'd have a real team. You know he would be a boost. But for the Rams, you know they're going to extract everything they can the rest of the year. I don't know if they'll move him. I think the Rams. I said this today on FS one. There's no question in that division. San Francisco is not as good as they were. Nobody's gonna trust Gino Smith in Seattle. Arizona can be great and awful in the same game. The Rams are now three and four. Remember last year slow start, they won seven of their last eight, got into the playoffs, and they they were a play away from beating Detroit. So this idea of trading Cooper Cup, I get it because of Puka Nakua, and I did not expect Poka Naku would have played tonight. That's why I had the vikings and the under on the Rams. I didn't think Pooka n Aka was going to play. And you know, he's just total game changer. It's it's he's not justin Jefferson great, but he's a he's a ten target, eight catch guy weekly basis for ninety five to one hundred and fifteen yards. He's just a special player. Fifth round or two. But the Matt Stafford trade rumors are just don't make any sense to me. He's got this year and next year under contract, then they can walk away. But there's just not There's nobody in the next two college drafts that is close to this. And Sean McVay almost walked away from the NFL a couple of years ago to take an Amazon job as a broadcaster. He didn't want to start over with some you know, half of these first round quarterbacks don't make it this coming up draft, you know, I mean, I can see the Rams in the third or fourth round taking Riley Leonard out of Notre Dame, sitting them behind Stafford for a year or two. But if you're not getting Shader Sanders, I don't see anybody in this quarterback drafts that's going to play immediately and excel at the NFL level. I just don't. And that's what my couple sources who I've talked about in the executive suites in the NFL tell me. It's just this last draft was great quarterback draft. Next two are just okay. So I mean Stafford four touchdowns, twenty three to thirty two, nine different receivers, twenty seven first downs. They're not getting rid of him. And I said this last year and I'll say it again. They need a number one corner. The Rams doing the draft, they need a draft a sideline receiver, a speed receiver, and they need another offensive tackle and probably another safety for depth. But they're not that far away. If they hit, they have a first and two thirds. If they hit on those picks, team could win the Super Bowl. I don't think there are a super Bowl team this year at three and four, but Minnesota is a good team and the Rams controlled that second half. So I just I just don't. I don't buy into I don't buy into Matt Stafford's moving. And I've said this before. Just think about Aaron Rodgers. So Matt Stafford was a much better high school player than Aaron Rodgers and a much better college player than Aaron Rodgers, and was better than Aaron Rodgers their first four years in the league. And then you know, Aaron's with the Packers, Stafford's with the you know, bankrupt Lions, and you know, Stafford struggles to win in the same division. Rodgers is, you know, out of this world. For green Band deserves all the credit. But what happens if Stafford the next two years makes the makes the Rams a viable super Bowl team. It's not unheard of San Francisco's peak. We don't trust Philadelphia's coach. The Lions are the best team. But in a big spot, Dan Campbell, Jared goff or mcvahan, Stafford with no Aiden Hutchison, that game gets a lot closer. So I just look at it and I think to myself, Stafford's here, load up on draft picks the next two years, try to have some hits. You know, the Rams defense is so young that they can spend some money in free agency. This year, they're not spending anything on defense. I mean, those guys are all free, they're cheap. They got a lot of second, third, fourth, fifth rounders all over that defense. They're not paying anybody right now now that Aaron Donald's gone. As far as the Vikings go, you know, Sam Donald was fine outplayed in the second half. But it really is interesting. So you know, we all kind of picked, you know, Detroit green Bay to be the best in the division, and then the Bears and the Vikings to round it out. And I had said if the Vikings finished fourth, it's the most talented offensive fourth place team in the history of the NFL. They're not going to finish fourth, I think, but I do think, and they've got winnable games coming up. You know, they've got Titans, Jags, Colts, Arizona, Bears twice, Seattle. You know, Vikings are a good team, but I do think Detroit's got a better roster and is a better team. And you saw it last week when they played. And I think green Bay is so young, we're not seeing the best version of green Bay. I think over the next eight weeks, Packers are just going to get better and better and better better. And I wouldn't be shocked if they if they got to a super Bowl. I don't see them as a super Bowl winning team this year, but it wouldn't shock me. They're so young. Every time you watch green Bay they look better. And that's the advantage of having a bunch of twenty four year olds and twenty five year olds who are just into their prime. Detroit's a little older, more seasoned, and that's why I like Detroit if they met in like like a playoff game, But you know, what do you do with Stafford? So my guess is if the Vikings end up being a good team winning ten games, but they finish third because the Vikings, you know, I don't think they're Detroit or Green Bay at their best. And remember the Vikings may have just lost their left tackle for some time. Cross your fingers on that. But Darnold will have a market. I mean the last several years, think about the quarterbacks who have had a market, Old Brady, Matt, Stafford, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Kirk Cousins. Darnald will have a market. Now, somebody may overpay for him. You're not going to get this Donald, He's not going to have this left tackle justin Jefferson, this coach you know, probably Jordan Addison, TJ. Hawkins, and you're not getting that Donald. But I think he'll be somewhere between the mess in New York and the Vikings, and he's a really coachable, likable kid. But you see it to night when you put him on the field with Stafford, Stafford is the better quarterback. I mean, Stafford's got nine different receivers, his pre snap stuff. I mean, the guy is just Matt is just insanely gifted. But he has you know, he didn't have a brand. He doesn't give a rip. He just loves football as family and that's you know, he's not controversial. He doesn't talk about conspiracy theories. He's just not who he is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He's just a good old Texas Southern guy loves football and family and keeps it quiet. But Donald will have a market, and I think JJ McCarthy, who had a great preseason, is kind of their future. And I think, you know, if Donald gets the ten wins, ten to eleven wins, that's a second third round pick. I don't think you're gonna get a first for him. But Donald will have a market. But they didn't draft JJ McCarthy to move off him. So but I did think tonight when you see Donald, and he's not reckless, he's gotten the reckless out of him. But when you see him on the same field with like a golf last week or a Matt Stafford this week. He just doesn't feel quite that. And I think Kevin O'Connell, who's a quarterback coach, I think a lot of people like Sam Darnold, but to give a guy a bag, you have to love your quarterback, and so he'll have a market. I think the Vikings will pull back a little, but again they're both the Rams schedule and the Viking schedule. There's a lot of wins. The other thing on the Rams tonight they got Pooka Cooper cut back, but the interior of their offensive line they're still missing two starters. So this Rams team, which has a young, young, aggressive, talented defense and a really good offensive line top five or six in the league when healthy. So the Rams now are starting to get healthy. Puka a surprise starter tonight, big, big production. Just to give you a sense of how valuable Poka Nakua is, and I didn't think he'd played tonight. The Rams have won eight of the last nine games. Pooka Nicua has played the only loss overtime loss on the road to Baltimore, and with that win, the San Francisco forty nine ers are now in last place in the NFC West. How about that? But just watching Stafford out there, Spinet, he is really really special. If you ask yourself now that Brady's out of the league and Breeze is out of the league, and I said to you final drive, minute thirty one time out, final drive, you'd take Mahomes, I'd argue I'd take Stafford second. He's certainly in the argument. You know you'd take him. I think over Lamar be is Lamar's lack of playoff success. You know, Josh Allen a bigger, stronger athlete, but again lack of playoffs success. I love Joe Burrow, but Burrow, you know, I mean he may not make the playoffs this year, and he's had some injuries. I mean, I name the quarterbacks in the league. Minute thirty one time out left have to go eighty four yards. I mean it's Mahomes one. Stafford's on a short list at number two. So the trade rumors kind of silly to me. And I also think, you know, when you get we're always trying to bum rush all these older guys out and Stafford certainly had some injuries, but you watch his legs, you watch his arms. He's obviously motivated. He's one of the best pre snap guys in the league. You know this isn't a guy that I mean he his wife made a remark earlier, I think this year or late last year about how young his teammates are. Yes, the Rams are doing the Kansas City Chiefs model. They're going to pay for offense. They are going to just keep drafting defense, and I think the Rams defense, like the Packers off is just going to get better the longer the season goes. I think the Packers offense by week thirteen could be the best offense in the league. It's already one of the best. I think this Rams defense is just getting better every time I see him. So good win for the Rams tonight. Three to four. Minnesota is still a good team with a lot of w's left. But I don't think the Rams are selling I don't Cooper Cup. If somebody offered you a second third, youd take it. But I don't think people are going to do that brittle expensive I think they may get a fourth round pick and at that point just keep him, just go win football games. I mean, he made a huge catch up the sideline tonight late. That was a big catch, So congrats to the Rams. Chad Millman, Sharp or Square? Who does he like? Who do I like? Stay tuned. Does your favorite NBA player have what it takes to be crowned King of the Court? Find out at DraftKings sports book and official sports betting partner of the NBA. DraftKings is offering one million a day in bonus bets for the first ten days of the NBA season. That's ten million in bonus bets. Here's how to shoot your shot. Opt in get a daily NBA profit Boost token. You pick a pregame NBA player prop to boost. If that player leads the league that night in points, rebounds, assists, you win a share of a million bucks in bonus bets. Just download the DraftKings sportsbook app. The code is colin coli in to want a share of a million dollars in bonus bets if your player is King of the Court only on DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wy or text hope and y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casena when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional term and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG don Coe Slash Bball.
Speaker 1: Time for another edition of Sharp or Square, Chad Millman CCO Action Network. I pushed at two to two and one. All of our odds provided by DraftKings. So I have been last couple of weeks, I've been moving toward best quarterback. I do think defensive players statistically get hurt more than offensive players. Defenses can weaken, and the quarterbacks separate. Coaching quarterbacks separate this time every year. If you go look at the AFC, the best quarterbacks lead each division. Kirk Cousins leads his. By the way, if you look at the quarterbacks playing best, I think eventually Jordan Love will lead his division. That's the time of the year we're in. So let me throw out a game that is fascinating, and this really highlight lights how important numbers are. So Historically, quarterbacks off concussions don't play their best the first week back. But Arizona Miami at three and a half, I'm out. But Arizona is the most inconsistent team in the league. They often have the best quarters followed by the worst halfs. If it's minus two and a half or minus three Miami, I like them because Arizona High Low Hilow just beat a team that I think is better than them, the Chargers and Hardball. So what I feel is like, Oh, here they go short week Monday night. Here they go cross country. You lose it in prep. Here is Tua. McDaniel played terribly with absolutely something to prove. They are going to flex at They're going to keep starters into the last play. That game interests me like Miami not only needs to win, they've been so bad for a month. They want to sell to that locker room. We are a great team. This is a new page and a new team forget the last month. Game fascinates me. I would take Miami minus three, but the hook because of concussions and the numbers behind those scare me. What are the sharps think on this.
Speaker 2: Now, It's like you are inside a professional better war room, because that is the exact conversation earlier this week. This line opened at three and a half, Arizona was the underdog. The professional betters bet Arizona at three and a half. When it got to three and it even touched two and a half, professional betters started coming in on Miami, and I apologize for people listening to my voice. It sounds worse than it is. Don't worry. I'm gonna be fine. The point is, Miami is the team professional betters are backing for every reason you just said. They believe Tua will make this team better. More importantly, they aren't believing in Kyler Murray as a consistent winning quarterback going cross country to play the Dolphins in a desperate, desperate situation. So the wise guys are on Miami. Yeah, desperate spot, you gotta win.
Speaker 1: And I really do believe Miami. Mike McDaniels has to rebrand this team fast because they've been the worst team in the league for about a month and they have. And also they're watching the Patriots fall apart and the Jets fall apart, so it's like, guys, let's see second place, first assignment Sunday. Let me get me.
Speaker 2: Last week, I was sitting in an airport and I was going over my notes for the favorites to the show, and I couldn't remember who was playing quarterback for the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 4: That's how off the radar there.
Speaker 2: I had to look up literally Miami Dolphins starting quarterback, and you know what came up, Tua. Google didn't even know who the starting quarterback for Miami was. That's how sort of forgotten they've been. So you're one hundred percent right. They need to reframe who they are right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Colts in a desperate spot plus five rival game at the Texans, the Green Bay game, there's a little bit of a red flag on Houston.
Speaker 4: So CJ.
Speaker 1: Strouds in year two clearly needs Joe Mixon and Nico Collins to be completed. He's getting worse protection. If you watch the pass attempts and you watch the coaching, they're getting a little conservative with him. It tells you that if they're not completely healthy, the staff doesn't necessarily trust him. Yet Conversely, Jordan Love throws ugly picks early that laflor doubles down throw it more. They know they've got farv on their hands. Jordan Love is an aggressive thrower, and Lafleur totally backs in. But the way their coach Siege Jay Stroud is telling me they're a little concerned with the elements around him and sometimes as a second year player, he needs though, he needs those the nicos, the Joe mixons to fortify his game. So I'm going to take the Colts plus five. It was six on DraftKings all or odds provided by DraftKings Sharper Square.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's totally sharp.
Speaker 2: In fact, it went from six and a half to six, to five and a half to five. It's now at four and a half in some places. Wise, guys have been pounding the Colts. I'm going to take your theory about better quarterback and expand it because that obviously isn't the case in this scenario. But I do think one of the reasons why the public has been winning so much in the past two weeks. The public meaning if there are more than fifty one percent of the bets on one side that is a public side. For the first five weeks of the year, the public was having its worse season in the twenty years we've been tracking this at Action Network the past two weeks. The public is twenty two zero seven and one complete and total reversal. Obviously Houston is going to be the public side here. But what normally happens is bad quarterbacks and bad teams with big numbers find a way to cover, and they haven't been. This is a situation where I'm extrapolating. I think it's more about good coaching and dominant unit. So you have in the Colts the number one run blocking unit in the NFL. You may get Jonathan Taylor back, you practiced yesterday for the first time off of that high ankle spring. You've got a great, great play caller in Shane Steichen who last year almost got the Cults of the playoff with Gardner Minshew. And by the way, has this team at four and three and one game out of the first place in the AFC South behind the Texans, who they only lost two by two points thread of this year. So that is why the wise guys.
Speaker 4: Are coming in.
Speaker 2: One trend for you division favorites the past eight years forty six against the spread, So it's also a good spot.
Speaker 1: One more underdog Seattle plush three against the Bills. So Seattle, we haven't seen a lot of Seattle when they're healthy upfront defensively, but boy did Kirk Cousins see that last week. This is a really good defensive coach with some really tasty defensive personnel. They're also getting their top cornerback. When I look at Gino Smith, I look at him two ways. With time and a run game. He's highly effective when rushed sometimes on the road. He's not Buffalo is not a team. Although I like him, I don't trust them. They're a much better version of Arizona and at home healthy a field goal. I this is hard for me to turn down three and a half. It's one of the best bets of the week. At three, I'd roll with it. The Seahawks sharper square, so it's square.
Speaker 2: The wise guys are on Buffalo, but I will tell you, I'm with you. I don't understand why they're on Buffalo. You know, we've talked about this before. We do a segment on our show called Sharp Calls on Tuesday, we talk about all the games. By Thursday, when we do the next episode of the week, we've got feedback from a lot of professional betters with their opinions on what we talked about on Tuesday, and we will review those on the show. Seattle Buffalo was one of the games that we loved on Tuesday, and on Thursday we were getting a lot of calls from professional betters so that they weren't buying Seattle's defense, they weren't buying Gino Smith, and they liked Josh Allen and the year that he's having no interception hasn't thrown an interception in nine games, which is coming close to record breaking status. Right, But I am with you, like the Bills beat up on bad teams, yes, and they they use or struggle against good teams. So if you're betting Seattle, then you are basically taking a stand that you think Seattle is a good team. And there is some evidence of that they have gotten healthier, but there's evidence that they're a bad team too, right, So I think that's what the wise guys are playing here, that they just don't believe Seattle is a very good team yet.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's go to some favorites. Bears minus two and a half at the Commanders, even if Jaden Daniels plays, He's not at one hundred percent, and you could you could clearly see with the Giants next week if Jade and Daniels plays, gets dinged pass rush pretty good for Chicago, you could see them saying we're going to Mariota, We're going to go into divisional play. We got no interest. I think the Bears defense because we're so fixated on calob and he's by the way, he is building real rapport here with his offensive set. I think the Bears defense is pretty well coached. Again, it's a numbers game. I think if Jaden Daniels plays, it will be mass protection. It will be a game in which they coach him more safely, they call a game differently. He's the difference in the franchise. And I think it's one of these games you look at and you think, listen, if we had to not play him, I mean, he hasn't practiced this week. Even if he practices Friday, you kind of wonder what you get. I like, Chicago minus two and a half here, pretty strong play Sharper square.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the sharp side.
Speaker 2: And look, the betters are are almost literally banking on the idea that Jaden Daniels isn't going to play in this game because he hasn't practiced, and there is a there is a massive difference between Jade and Daniels and Marcus Marrios. The Commanders have only punted twelve times this season. That's tied with the Chiefs for the fewest since nineteen fifty. They're perfect on fourth downs. They're fifty percent on third down conversions. That is because of Jaden Daniels. That is because of the threat that he poses. That is because of what he can do as both a very accurate passer and a good runner. Without that, this is a different team. It stresses the defense, which isn't very good even from a statistical point of view, but they don't look as bad when Jaden Daniels is converting fourth downs and converting third towns. There's fewer opportunities for the opposing offense to get on the field and score points.
Speaker 4: Kayleb Williams has.
Speaker 2: Been a brilliant quarterback the past four weeks and by the way, in the second half, he's covering the spread at a rate that is only compared only matched by Patrick Mahomes right now. So this coming off of by this team in this spot, it is a really good time to bet the Bears at minus two and a half. The wise guys are with you.
Speaker 1: The Eagles are the only team in the league that hasn't scored in the first quarter, and that matters when they go on the road to face Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow, when he doesn't have to throw, but chooses to throw, is as good as any quarterback in this league. All quarterbacks when they're in a hole, face a different defensive.
Speaker 4: Test.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia, if they score, doesn't take big leagues. They're probably the most underachieving offense in the league based on personnel and productivity. So here's a team in Cincinnati which has shown an ability to start quickly. I think Philadelphia has got much better players, but at minus two and a half, basically season on the line, with Baltimore winning, Pittsburgh winning, this is the season for Cincinnati at home. I only give up two and a half against what I think is one of the more poorly coached teams in the league, yet one of the best rosters. I'll take the Bengals minus two and a half. Sharper square totally sharp.
Speaker 2: The public is on the Eagles, and this line has moved up. That's called the reverse line move. When the line moves in the opposite direction of where the majority of the bets are. That tells you the professional betters are coming in on the side of the team that the line moved in the direction of. That is the Bengals open to two. It's now at two and a half. This is a bet on Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's all like.
Speaker 2: He's twenty two six and one against the spread when facing a team that just covered. Overall in his career, he's sixty three percent. He's seventy percent against teams that are over five hundred. The challenge here is everyone should be and has been, concerned about the Bengals defense.
Speaker 4: But two things.
Speaker 2: The Bengals defense has been really good defending against the long pass and explosive plays. Yeah, that's the best way for the Eagles to win. We've seen it time and again. When they get the explosive plays, that's when they can break it out. The rest of the time, their offense isn't very good. We even sought against the Giants last week. So the pros are with you. They're back ining Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: So you know, I love the number five. When a team is favored by four and a half to five, I feel like it's a graveyard for books that they don't want to go to that number. But they're kind of trapped. So San Francisco's at home. Dallas has not matched up well against better teams. Now Deebo had pneumonia as a pro athlete, I think he's available Sunday. I think Jennings is available. Jordan Mason's the second leading rusher in the league. He's a more than capable back. Teams that are well coached with talent that deliver a stinker in the biggest TV game of the week always play. It's an easy team to coach hard. They will play a much better football game. They're limited. No Brandon Ayuk, no Christian They're limited, but I think they feel they not only lost to the Chiefs, they were kind of embarrassed. It was really a bad performance. I'm gonna swallow the four and a half and take the Niners at home.
Speaker 2: Sharper Square, Well, you said something there that is a little bit too flip and dismissive. No Brandon Ayuk, no Christian McCaffrey. They might not have Deebo Samuel because the guy has pneumonia like he was in the freaking hospital. If you look at Rock Perdy's production, a third of his production during the time he's been starting has been going to Christian McCaffrey and Brandon Ayuk. If you include Deebo Samuel, fifty percent going to those three guys. You take away those three guys, and you know what you get. Brock Purdy and what he did against the Kansas City Chiefs, Like Ricky Pearsall is not Brandon Io.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Rickey Pearsall can play right.
Speaker 2: Ronnie Bell is not Deebo Samuel. It doesn't matter how hard Kyle Shanahan coaches these guys this week. If they can't play, they can't play. So that's the real issue. It's why the wise guys took the Cowboys at six and a half, took him at five and a half, took them at five down to four and a half.
Speaker 4: This thing's going to four.
Speaker 2: I would not be surprised if it's at three and a half by Sunday, because the wise guy money is coming in on the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Then that's Ethan.
Speaker 2: With all the chaos of Jerry Jones calling out Mike McCarthy, who he could have fired after the Packers blew out the Cowboys, and now he's upset with McCarthy's play calling. The Cowboys are still inside, by the way, McCarthy thirteen three and one off of the buy against the spread.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a game. I want your opinion on this. It seems easy. So when Malik Neighbors was out or Cavon Thibadeaux for the Giants, it sounds alarming. But the player that really decides the fate of this team is Andrew Thomas. When bad quarterbacks don't have a left tackle, they get hideous fast. The Giants are now last year's Giants, right they They competed without Malik, with Dexter Lawrence, they compete without Theibadeaux. I don't think they're a competitive football team. So I get the Steelers for the record. The second half against the Jets twenty four to nothing. New York's goot players. It was a little old Russell Wilson. He's now got a deep a run game. Arthur Smith, he had protection moving well. We know the defense and motivations there. I know it doesn't feel sharp, but Pittsburgh minus six hosting a Giants team. Shane and Dable have been given assurance by the owner. You're not going anywhere. It's not a frenetic behind the scenes thing. Neither wants Daniel Jones. I cannot bet Daniel Jones stand alone on the road without his left tackle. It feels like the minus six is sharp Steelers sharper square.
Speaker 2: It's eh like, no one's really interested in this game. If it wasn't a primetime game, it'd be the Corner TV game because the Giants are that bad. And you're right about Andrew Thomas, Like we've talked about this. When I'm handicapping and doing analysis, the first thing I'm looking at is the offensive line. One of the reasons I like the Bengals against the Eagles is because Jordan Malatta is out and he's being replaced with a guy named Fred Johnson.
Speaker 4: He gives up.
Speaker 2: His pressure rate as a left tackle is twenty two percent against opposing defensive ends. The average is six percent. Offensive lines dictate your ability to run the ball, protect the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Score.
Speaker 2: It's why I love the Lions so much. It's why we love them so much. Last weekends the Vikings, It's why we hate them. We hate the Giants against the Eagles. I hate the Giants against the Steelers too. It's not a great spot like a team that's been blown out against a team that did the blowing out. That's a bad formula if you want to be a better it's very public to take the Steelers right now. I'm not saying it's the wrong side, but it's not the sharp side.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's always a game. I'm interested in your opinion. Jets minus seven at New England. They humiliated New England the first time. Drake may look pretty good last week. The Jets are a surcus I mean it's they look like they're significantly worse on defense without their best coach, Robert Sola. He was their best coach. They're not as good in the two games defensively without him. Offensively, the first game they used motion. Aaron Rodgers doesn't like it. By the second game, with a new coordinator, their motion was cut in half. That is so Aaron. He doesn't like motion. He wants to go to the line, keep it clean all make the call. It's begging me to take New England. Tell me where I should go.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to bet this game, which you shouldn't want to and you definitely should not want to make it one of your blaze in five because you're on a streak right now.
Speaker 4: You take New England.
Speaker 2: You've got Drake May, he's proving he can throw the ball. You've got a depleted Jets secondary, which we saw last week. Like every single play I felt like another Jets player was going out. Even Sauce Gardner got banged up a little bit in last week's game.
Speaker 4: But you don't want to play this game. Oka.
Speaker 2: There are four big ish underdogs this week, the Jets, the Titans, the Browns, the Raiders. There are two games wise, guys want to play the underdogs, one game they completely want to ignore, and one game in which they want to play the favorites, the Patriots Jets is the game they want to ignore.
Speaker 1: All right, you always give me a game that I miss completely, what say you?
Speaker 2: Well, look, we talked about some good ones since the Indie I love those games. We talked about Chicago. We haven't talked about Cleveland and Las Vegas and their matchups against the Ravens and the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: One I can't stomach both. Just give me one. Pick one.
Speaker 4: It's so hard, Like the wise guys love them both.
Speaker 2: At this point, you're better off just betting the number, and like it's a little bit more of a number higher number with the Raiders and the Chiefs than it is with the Browns and the Ravens. I lean If I have to choose only one of them, I lean Browns. I think they're closer to getting better. And again subscribing to the theory that if I'm going to bet on a really bad team that is a big underdog, I want that team to at least have one dominant unit. And the Browns do have a dominant defensive end in Miles Garrett, who wasn't even on the injury report this week. They have a dominant cornerback and Denzel Ward who's been playing great all season long. The Ravens do give up a lot of points this most points in the second half this season along with the Titans, so there is an opportunity for Jamis if he decides to go crazy in the second half for them to pull off a backdoor cover. I worry about the Raiders. Mahomes has a bad record as a favorite or more than three record has been getting better the past two seasons. He's nine to six and one against the spread as a favorite of more than three the past two seasons. So you got to look at it not just holistically, but in some recency. And this team, they're turning the ball over, they can't get off, they can't stay on the field on third down. I just worry they're not going to have that many opportunities to score against the Chiefs defense that is pretty good. So the one thing they have going for them is brock Bauers has the most receptions for a rookie tight end since two thousand and the one thing the Chiefs haven't been able to do this year. They couldn't guard Kittle, they couldn't guard Isaiah Likely, they couldn't guard Mike Kiseki. For the Bengals, all of them had either close to one hundred or just under one hundred yards receiving, but none of them won the game. So I lean Browns if I have to choose one of them, I don't want to, but that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: By the way, Packers is three and a half at the Jaguars. Screams Jags, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes on it Screamshags so much it's moved from four and a half to four to three and a half. I think at three and a half you're sort of at the bleeding edge of what the.
Speaker 4: Wise guys would do.
Speaker 2: They're really not that interested in it, but they would still do it because they're getting the hook.
Speaker 4: But you missed the best of the number on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Chad Miller. You want to talk about the Lions, Well, they played a brilliant football game, and so I don't think teams play perfect back to back. So let's discuss the number. So my rule, the biggest number on the board I throw out. I don't want to be a sucker. Detroit minus eleven and a half hosting Tennessee, so you're off a huge, intense divisional game. Tennessee is a seller now near the trade deadline. They're moving off people. That worries me in the locker room. You know it's a better team. What say you on the line eleven and a half? That's a college line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's massive, and I'd almost always ignore it, but I have bet the Lions, full disclosure, I bet him at ten and a half.
Speaker 4: I don't hate it eleven.
Speaker 2: This game is power rated by Professional betters closer to thirteen or fourteen. But the book makers know they can't post a thirteen, they can't post a fourteen. They'll immediately get money on Tennessee at that big of a number. And it's totally realistic for the game to land around thirteen or fourteen. But again it goes back to the offensive line. This is a dominant team. Is the best team in the NFC, bar nun They are on a collision course with the Chiefs to play in the Super Bowl. Jared Goff is the best quarterback against the spread in the NFL the past several seasons. The line the past four seasons seventy percent against the spread. That is an unmatched trend for them other than the New England Patriots of their middle arts dynasty, middle teens dynasty. So I don't hate the Lions here. If I'm betting any of the big favorites, it's going to be on the Lions.
Speaker 4: Fair enough.
Speaker 1: Chad Milman, Sharper Square, get better, Get well, my friend.
Speaker 4: Thank you sir the volume.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening. If you've enjoyed the podcast, take a moment rate and review