Speaker 1: It's nine O gen one.
Speaker 2: With Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Welcome everybody to another episode of nine O two one. OMG, We're so glad you're with us.
Speaker 3: Oh you guys, it's good this week.
Speaker 2: What an episode?
Speaker 3: Wow, lions and tigers and bears.
Speaker 2: Oh you're funny. See what you did there?
Speaker 1: I had some highs and lows in this episode.
Speaker 3: Oh did any sugarman just say that?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 2: She did? Love you guys, write it down? Ok document, that.
Speaker 1: Were you guys thrown off in the very beginning when it said sha California? It was.
Speaker 3: Since poor Donna has a learning disability in dyslexia.
Speaker 1: Uh I.
Speaker 3: Torri was like Donna, uh I was switching them because it's us, but they switched it conveniently. Like what.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's just get right into it because there's really I have so much to talk about in this episode, and I know you guys do too. Let's do this. This is episode six of season five. It's called Homecoming. It aired October twelfth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. Brandon serves justice to a foreign leader for human rights violations. Stee pulls off a homecoming hest with the help of Kelly and Valerie. Andrea gets her flirt on during the spin cycle, Don is two timing Griffin, Oh no, while her and Ray are kissing, and Dylan diss's Valerie for some random girl.
Speaker 1: What Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are five action packed storylines in this episode, you guys, I counted them out. There's a school prank, right, There's Dylan and val love, there's Brandon and this incredibly heavy storyline, yes, not as into it. Andrea and herd laundry.
Speaker 1: Love juicy, and then there's rape prute and Donna love so much going on?
Speaker 3: See oh and we have? Is this the first episode that Meredith time wrote?
Speaker 2: Oh? I believe so, I forgot to mention. It's directed by Gilbert Shelton and written by Meredith Stein.
Speaker 1: I haven't did I say? Like, so, okay, do you guys remember her?
Speaker 2: Nope? Sorry Meredith.
Speaker 1: Hey, I have a question.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have like a lot of interaction with the writers? I know you guys work very close with Jessica, but is that typical? Like what actors and writers not have that much you know, conversation because there are they down there on the set.
Speaker 3: Depending right jah, and like like when they were EPs, like Jessica and Steve. Yeah, but like, uh if it was a off by Meredith or sorry, maybe there's more by Meredith. Probably not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kept I think more like the staff writers over the hill on the other side of the hell. They didn't make them come to Van Eyes.
Speaker 1: They're not even there.
Speaker 2: They they were doing their job from over the hill. They they they got their marching orders that you know, when they got the assignment for the episode, and then they wrote it and then everybody, I think, weighs in on it, and probably the EPs tweak it. That makes me the studio tweaks that can you just.
Speaker 3: Like zoo when you like, are not supposed to interact too much with the zoo animals. I think we were like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but you don't don't feed them, you do.
Speaker 3: Not after midnight, don't feed them.
Speaker 4: Can they just come up with any old idea or does some executive producers say it's homecoming and here's the general gist now right, or could a writer like Meredith just go you know what I'm thinking. I'm thinking pumpkin patch, Like I really want these two to go to a pumpkin patch. And then she writes all about the goat and this and that, Like do they just get to do what they want now?
Speaker 2: I mean in our experience when we did BH nine two and zero, we worked very closely with the writing staff, and we were in the room all the time, and there's a big whiteboard. There's a lot of whiteboards, and there's a bunch of ideas thrown up on them, you know, and then collectively they decide, you know, how the episodes are going to fall into place, and what the content of them, and they break it down and then the writer goes and does fills in the like gaps. You know.
Speaker 3: I wonder what it was like in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Were there white boards? Did they do it? They had to chalkboards, like like from Little House on the Prairie for sure.
Speaker 4: I was trying to explain to somebody yesterday, how like when we didn't have email, so say the writing staff needed to write a memo to Aaron Smelling, somebody had to like physically take it.
Speaker 1: They'd have to type type, type it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that they used to like roll the script up and then hand it to a pigeon, and then the pigeon would take it to the to the Voss's office.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say. It's like, think about it. There was no email.
Speaker 2: They had faxes though, true.
Speaker 4: It was the beginning of the facts, so they would probably fax it all around.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know, I feel like slow they someone like drove it over the hill to us on Calvert Street and van Ey's.
Speaker 1: Would you ever get them delivered to your homes?
Speaker 3: No, no, they would.
Speaker 1: You would get them on sete.
Speaker 3: In our dressing rooms, right, John, Like you'd come there usually.
Speaker 2: I mean we were always there, so yeah, we usually got them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I digress. Sorry for the question. That's okay, back to it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about Let's talk about the first storyline. Let's talk about the school prank because it was fun.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, So you know how once in a blue moon will like watch some movie like, oh my god, I can remember being there. I remember being there.
Speaker 2: You remember bear big Bear?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I I don't know why, but I remember that bear.
Speaker 2: Well it's pretty memorable. It's like four hundred feet tall. And how they just roll that baby right out the front door of the school, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: But okay, I love the prank. I think it's very collogy, very fun. I sort of actually loved that Valerie got brought into it and that Kelly and Valerie are sort of bonding a little bit.
Speaker 2: Although I guess balance, I guess val is in with Kelly now all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: You're making her an honorary alpha, which wow thing.
Speaker 2: And most of all, does Kelly have the authority to just know you got anybody into the story? Sure?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I didn't even think of that. But you know what, I feel bad, feel like Kelly's going into it wholeheartedly and she's like, Oka, I'm gonna give her another chance, you know, like she's redeeming. I feel like val No, she's strategic.
Speaker 2: This is all strategic for her. What's the strategy for her to get in with Kelly? And I mean, she's in with Steve, but I feel like he thinks their boyfriend and girlfriend's.
Speaker 3: I feel like she wants to know Kelly on a deeper level so she can strategize how to play it with Dylan, because she just wants to know her better. Like keep your enemies closer, they say, like right, So she's like, oh, you know, in her mind, like Kelly and Brenda are her enemies because she's going after Dylan.
Speaker 1: This this val I don't like that part.
Speaker 2: I feel like Valerie's boobs are a character in themselves on the show.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I look, I don't know if we just talk about this. I think this is terrible. I don't think we can talk about this. But her boobs come into the scene before she does. They're very perky.
Speaker 3: Is it the white T shirt that when she came into the peach bit it was the one I was like, what.
Speaker 1: I will say, they do dress her a bit differently, and.
Speaker 2: She's just like cute. She's dressed like baby more sexy. She's just sexy. Yeah, her character is just a sexy, like a sex kitten.
Speaker 4: I loved her cut off flannel or cut off flaid, which was something dull when Brenda wore.
Speaker 2: Wait, the arms were cut off. Mh.
Speaker 1: You notice that.
Speaker 3: Tories, Oh my god, black and white.
Speaker 1: And she pulled it on.
Speaker 2: As when she puts her pants on when she's naked and she pulls up her pants and it just all, you know, magically covers her areas.
Speaker 1: Can I they're a little bit more I don't know what the word is. What with Valerie and Dylan. They show it more, I feel like.
Speaker 3: Okay, we can't go there yet.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the school prank amy.
Speaker 1: It was me.
Speaker 2: It was my fault, well not really because the bos her boobs were in the school prank storyline. Yeah totally, Yeah, so we'll just stick with the school prank. I also very thought it was super cute. I thought that Steve is bayblicious in this episode, like the way he's got his little shirt unbuttoned and his sunglasses on. He was hot.
Speaker 1: Seems are pretty tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I didn't really notice that, but I'm sure there.
Speaker 3: Can you say the line as you did, mister Bond?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's flying? Uh what now, mister Bond? It was so funny. Sometimes they really write Kelly like these snazzy little zingers. I love that.
Speaker 4: There's nothing better than the diarrhea brownies. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: They obviously can'twies.
Speaker 2: I was like, are those going to be pop brownies? What's happening with the brownies? That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I was so nervous, and I was like, Kelly would never what is happening? And like a baker in the world, so like it's so weird to see like her inserting that. Nope, like her, you know, was it a tooth bake and you see, but it was a strip. It looked like one of those strips you used, like, uh, the COVID dipper strip. Nope, nope, but it was like keys out raw. It's not baked yet, but you I learn know how to do this. But yeah, you're like the baker.
Speaker 2: I don't think Kelly is a very good banker.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I know I had to separate the two of you. It was hard.
Speaker 2: But diarrhea brownies, that's a thing.
Speaker 3: Like, that's a thing. Did you know? Did you know? I mean I heard from a front possibly that if you put vizine years and years ago into something, it gives someone that.
Speaker 1: I think that's how you murder people.
Speaker 2: What oh wait, let's don't try that. Then don't try that. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I thought, if you don't want vizine, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I heard the same thing. If you put vizine in something and make somebody eat it or drink it, then they get the poops.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, like years ago, Like, is that not a thing? I don't know. It's always a rumor.
Speaker 2: We should probably fact check that before.
Speaker 4: I feel like there was another show or movie where they put x lax in the Brownies and then they had that door thing that was so clever because they were building that and I'm like, what are they building with that wood?
Speaker 1: And then they clo door handled like get them.
Speaker 2: In the bear though the whole bear and like the like the beginning where you see the bear and you go into that school, it's so like, what's that night at the museum?
Speaker 3: It's oh my god, it was good. I loved that storyline. And Stephen Griffin looks super sexy.
Speaker 1: As spies totally. How about the end? So when the bear gets revealed, right and everyone's in there see you shirts and they're so.
Speaker 4: Excited, and then it's just Donna and Griffin making out the whole scene. Did you notice that just like every background shot is you guys, no, watch it.
Speaker 2: Oh you need to you need to rewatch that because you're making a couple of tongues very visible.
Speaker 3: You cannot see it if it was in the background.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was.
Speaker 2: Amy and I both saw it, so it was.
Speaker 4: Very front background, Like you weren't the main part of the scene, but you're very prominent on the backing down.
Speaker 3: So in that scene I was trying to do my due diligence because Jen.
Speaker 2: You need to always see like.
Speaker 3: The people in the scene. And I'm looking for the boom and I'm looking for how many people. I was trying to do that work. And I was like, okay, I got this. I wonder how many you know, background players they had in this and I'm doing that. I wasn't even looking.
Speaker 1: That is also I see you only has one version of the T shirt because.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I don't like that T shirt on the cast. Well the color, the color is a little yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, what about the condor meat h ew thing in the background of us. I tried to snap it because it's so funny. They you don't eat meat. And it was with this is years and years ago, and it was you and I walking and in the back it was like a paint, not a painting, but like a mural, like a poster they painted and it said a big thing condor meat and it showed it.
Speaker 2: Ew wait, they were selling condor meat.
Speaker 3: No, were we eating condor meat?
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 3: We're the Condors right, oh city. For some reason, it was like a big condor, like a one of those giant turkey legs, like from Not's Ferry Farm.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I missed this.
Speaker 3: It was one, Oh my god, and it was just I tried to snap it for John, like it was literally the two of us walking and then in the background it was that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, as you saw, but you didn't see that you making out with what's his name? He's out soon. I feel like Donna's gonna dump.
Speaker 1: Him and I am not about it.
Speaker 2: Dump Griffin and you're.
Speaker 1: Not about it?
Speaker 3: You want Griffin to talk about.
Speaker 2: Ray Ray and Donna now, because.
Speaker 4: I mean in the day, I loved Ray Prewitt, And now I'm like, why didn't we let Griffin just stay there?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what's going on with Ray Prut Is he good guy? Is he a bad guy? Because I'm getting all kinds of vibes from him that that should be red flags for Donna. Do you not know?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I know what ultimately happens, but I don't know the progression of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Torri, how are you feeling about Ray?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: You guys, I gotta say, back in the day, I was way more into this pairing than I am now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know because it was hot and dangerous and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's going somewhere, but I'm not. I don't remember it this way. I feel like it's a little like I don't like the comments he makes fair. Kelly's a really good friend and protective. It blurred the lines of you and I in real life because you're protective and like always like waita wait about the guys. So I was like, oh my god, the lines were all blurring because we don't hell.
Speaker 2: I felt like Kelly was a little like negative though, like his dreams there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. But yeah, he could have been a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well until he takes you to the pumpkin patch and then redeems himself and you hold a baby goat, and then I feel like I like him again.
Speaker 3: It's so weird to watch this because I feel like it was going back in time and setting up my future, like because now I have animals and I have goats in a pig that wilbur his mother. We got at a petting zoo after Halloween. They were like, yeah, we're like adopting out the pigs, Like, oh my gosh, I know, is.
Speaker 2: This the place is this the time in your life when you started your love of animals and like having farm animals because you have always had like a goat or a chicken or pigs.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember this being yes, So we filmed at that pumpkin patch. It's one that's still there in Sherman Oaks.
Speaker 2: By the Jiffy Lube. Yeah wait, okay, you know the one I' Venture Boulevards the Jiffy Lube. It's like Hazel teenish Tina and Ventura Boulevard and there's a taco bell but I don't know if the taco bell was there back in the nineties.
Speaker 1: That's pretty rad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's all still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like it's Tina's pumpkin patch now.
Speaker 1: Oh Tina's yes, right. I think you might be right.
Speaker 2: I've been there a good Jill's times with my kids.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if something toy. You can definitely answer this, and Jenny, you're kind of watching it a little bit for the first time. Ish, do I not like Ray because I know where we're going, Like, is my judgment clouded where I'm like this guy sucks?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's it because I don't I know what happens just from people talking about it, but I don't As a view er, I don't know what's going to happen. And he seems like kind of hot and dangerous in the beginning, but then he also seems a little aggressive and a little street and like not why you know what Donna would like, But he's so cute. It's not maybe she wants to have a little bad boy time, you know, like he's maybe he's coming, you know, bringing that for her.
Speaker 1: It's not very Donna like too. Yeah, stand up Griffin, who couldn't be sweeter and almost cheat? Dare I say on Griffin?
Speaker 3: I mean, are they exclusive?
Speaker 1: I don't really know. It seems like Donna on her face said boyfriend. You called him your boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Wait, Jen, I think I said kind of.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but I kind of think he called him.
Speaker 3: Your boyfriend kind of. I feel.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 3: I OK, okay for me, like I feel like I Donna, not I that Donna. Damn. It's so yeah. So Griffin is a little too straight lace for her. This is so me in real life.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Really, it's like.
Speaker 3: It's Griffin's a little too straight lace and he's a little like, Oh, he's nice, but he's also just a little too what's the word not.
Speaker 4: Dork vanilla, Yes, lad lamm basic, he's just basic.
Speaker 3: There you go, he's he's basic, like you know, but that's the type of guy, like you know, I'm sure they if they got married and had kids and he would have been great to her her whole life, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what would have happened. I mean, actually, you know when we've asked.
Speaker 3: Those are the guys that you never suspect. Those are the ones that are great and great on pap and you're like, great, and he's nice to me, and then you marry them and they don't end up being nice.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Griffin aged like a fine wine. Casper's looking good. I bet he's worth a hundred million dollars meaning Griffin.
Speaker 3: Oh, gryffin Stone, donnah Stone.
Speaker 1: He probably took over the family business. He's on the Stone guys.
Speaker 3: Donna Silver much better, Donna Prewit never gonna happen, that wouldn't be. I just feel like Ray's a little aggressive. So Donna does like, wow, I've never had this. It's okay, so David, So Ray is a little too bad boy out. The Griffin is too nice guy, and David's kind of somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: True, very accurate.
Speaker 4: I can't help but watch this and just feel terrible for Jamie Walters. Like literally, that's all that keeps coming into my mind.
Speaker 3: Oh, I wish we didn't know what was going to happen so we could watch it like wholeheartedly and be like, his hair is gets better, but right now it's like a little bits like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like a chia pet.
Speaker 1: I think at the time I loved him.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people did.
Speaker 1: Right the one I loved even more. I won't say, I'll wait.
Speaker 4: Till we get to it, but anyway, so this is definitely my favorite part of the whole episode. The dawnach, the griffin, the pumpkin patch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look so cute in that pumpkin patch.
Speaker 1: The truck, the truck, the knife, and the truck truck.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love a good vintage orange truck. Oh my gosh, it's cute.
Speaker 1: He wanted a surprise or it's the family pumpkin patch. I like it.
Speaker 2: So we don't know what's going to happen with that, but I feel like Griffin's going to get out outed and Ray's going to be in and then you know, oh, just wait, there's some like ses all right, let's go to Dylan Val.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can I say one thing you guys first, you can. I'm gonna go on record here that nine always ahead of its time. That it was literally Val and Dylan the upside down Spider Man kiss, which is the most one of the most iconic kisses in the movie history. I looked it up. This was filmed, This aired nineteen ninety four. That was with Toby maguire and Kirsten Dunst in two thousand and two. I'm gonna gree with you, Dylan Val did it first.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. No, I've ever done it before them.
Speaker 1: Great note, I.
Speaker 3: Has no one ever done it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know they, I don't know. I only know it is the Spider Man kiss. And when I saw that, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I've really enjoyed that scene with Dylan and Val though that has never happened with those two characters before. And I was like, Hey, these guys are actually good together. I kind of like them together now. And then he's such jerking blows up because he's a jerk.
Speaker 1: He's a jerk, and she's too snaky about it or something.
Speaker 4: There's something going on where she's too conniving.
Speaker 1: And then she's so like, no, I'm cool, I don't care. I'm just here for the sex. And then she's so.
Speaker 3: Tell she's falling for him though.
Speaker 2: So that's it. She's he keeps saying, don't fall for me. You're not my girlfriend. This isn't a girlfriend boyfriend thing. Don't get too attached, and that exactly what's happened for yourself. Like, yeah, but that's what's happening.
Speaker 3: But it's such a male thing to be like, don't go falling in love.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: She would have been like, well, you don't go falling in love like exactly, Like that bothered me. I think, Jen, when you're responding to is the writing felt a little more female a little bit. It wasn't the heart wasn't so sexual memory. Everything was just like Brenda Kelly, blonde or brunette. I was like, yes, I'm here for this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think Torri, you're right. Why did she take that? She should have been like, it's so cocky of him to be like don't phone loved me. Dan McKay like, oh god, I mean yeah, I would have liked.
Speaker 3: Her to have a little bit more Dylan McKay and Luke Berry like fine, fine, fine, obvious, Yeah everyone would fall in love, but I don't know like Dylan's.
Speaker 1: So I liked the line when she said you'd never let me forget it at the door. I was good. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just didn't like that turn of events when I don't know, you start liking them together and then all of a sudden he does that, he has that other girl in his house, and then she's clearly shaken by it. It just didn't feel I don't know, It didn't feel like the vow that we've we've gotten to know. And so I was like, wait, I don't think this is right. But maybe there's so much more to vow that we don't know. Maybe this is the softer side of her, and she does you know, I don't have a heart.
Speaker 3: Because she fell human right, You were like, oh, okay, I mean yeah, I like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like Dylan being a jerk. It really bothers.
Speaker 3: Me either, but it's hot.
Speaker 1: Oops.
Speaker 2: He does it all the time.
Speaker 1: Now, so as they say, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Jen, did you love when the covers came down? I looked for it this time he saw his underwear.
Speaker 2: He had on shorts. Yeah, yeah, but he looked naked, and I was like, he's naked.
Speaker 1: This is what I was going to ask you, guys.
Speaker 4: Are you noticing their scenes are a bit more risque?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you noticing that? Like they seem different than what we're used to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I think that they're just their chemistries get together. Now all of a sudden, they're pushing the sexual envelope.
Speaker 1: Yes, because they can't really.
Speaker 3: Do it with anyone else. So this is they're like, Okay, we got to go. These are the two because the audience will be forgiving.
Speaker 4: Like if it's that Yeah, because your scenes are very cute, even when you're kissing Ray, even when you're kissing Griffin, it's still CUTEZ.
Speaker 3: Don don't mention tongue again, Jen, But with them.
Speaker 1: It's very sexual. I don't know. This is just my observation. It's like, I don't it's it's new, it's racier.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Well, these let's think about it. I mean, these actors are in the early twenties. Well, oh, Dylan was, Luke was maybe in his late twenties, and Val was. Uh. Tiffany was in her early twenties at this time. So m M, they're really exploring all of that. Yeah, great, what about Andrea is laundry?
Speaker 3: Okay, we have to okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: I enjoy a laundry Matt scene. I'm not gonna lie every time I see one. Yeah, he was cute. The guy was adorable, and I thought he was actually I was like, I hope he sticks around because he was a good actor.
Speaker 1: That was cute. I was a cute little thing.
Speaker 2: What was his name? What was his name? James Calvert? No, No, James c Victor played Peter Tucker, little kind of like gingery. He looked great. I thought he was a good match for Andrea.
Speaker 3: I like them together. I'm sad to say, just because you feel like Jesse is like they're making him bad now.
Speaker 2: So I was like, yeah, move on, Yeah, almost sweet when she had this sort of candlelit dinner. Wait wait, wait, go back, go back to when she comes up behind him and she says she's getting all risky and she says, you want to take a little nap is that her code word?
Speaker 1: This is when he rejected her and he had to study.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I liked his gold chain, Jesse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a cute guy.
Speaker 4: I'm glad they addressed and they didn't gloss over it. Yeah, I sort of took his side.
Speaker 1: I think she kind of is overreacting maybe a little bit at this point.
Speaker 3: No, no, no about instinct. Women always have gut instinct.
Speaker 2: And she saw the way he was nuzzling up to those girls at the bar, and that's not something a girlfriend or wife or baby mama ever wants to see.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: So maybe this is innocent, but there's something in him that's yeah coming.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's young too, so he thinks he has to do that to get his tips. But you know, he cannot be like that and still make a living for his family.
Speaker 1: Just maybe a wink and a smile.
Speaker 2: Let's face it.
Speaker 3: He likes the attention. He feels like, oh my gosh, I'm married, i have a baby, I'm an home, like I'm still alive. He feels alive. Yeah mm hm, Well.
Speaker 2: That's all we have to talk about that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're going to the politics one. You guys, Oh my god, that's not Fami here. Oh my gosh, same.
Speaker 2: Wait. Can we want to talk about the opening credits first then for a second, because they're pretty fun to watch. I never really never watched them until now. This is the same opening credits for the whole season, right, or does it keep changing with the new characters coming in?
Speaker 1: Well, I think this is the same, okay, unless Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: But they're good. I like they're amazing. I don't I never ever appreciated them. I hated shooting them. We were all like, oh, we don't want to do this, but they're pretty ingenious. Actually, the way you get to like be a fly on the wall and watch these characters interact, but they're not the characters somehow, they're the actors. I don't know. I just really enjoyed it, and I just like, well, I don't think any other shows were doing those kinds of opening credits at that time, and I don't know, are there other shows that have done it since where it's so playful and intimate like that, like you really feel like you're part of that group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, melrose Place didn't have anything like that.
Speaker 3: Such a good point, Jen, That's exactly it. We got to be ourselves that day and they just let us go. So when you in those opening credits, that's us, not the characters. That's cute, great point. And they would just literally they didn't write that like they didn't like to do this. They just said and go basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys all just stand up there.
Speaker 3: They wanted, yeah, do whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, that's so good.
Speaker 4: I never think about that because most you know, opening credits is just like clips from the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I really like all that footage of the cast like just chilling together and interacting.
Speaker 3: I would love to know the background of that of like did they just like see us like playing around and they were.
Speaker 2: Like, that's it, just yeah right. The idea was that there did that start.
Speaker 3: Like we know the turn into frame, like we got that, but that part where we all just had fun and just did our thing. I would love to be like someone's like, oh my god, get this. Look they're all friends. They're actually just going.
Speaker 2: Like we and we we played with that on BH nine two one oh two we did a very similar was that a scene or where we do? I can't remember was that a scene in our show or was that for a photo shoot?
Speaker 3: Credits?
Speaker 2: It was the credits.
Speaker 3: It was the credits. Oh wait, yeah for the show.
Speaker 2: In the show, it's so hard to remember.
Speaker 3: No, those were credits. We filmed them.
Speaker 2: We redid the opening credits, and.
Speaker 3: And Jen it was we'd been filming all day. It was four in the morning, was the last thing we got to and we're like, these are our credits. Oh my gosh, we're old, and now like now we have to like go like pretend to have energy and like our skin look good. Like it's it's been like seventeen hours filming.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Jason be like ding ding, Okay, we got it. Yeah, Jason filmed all does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sorry. Now back to the political episode. I thought it was very suspenseful. I was on the edge of my seat. Even though I don't normally like these storylines, I thought this one was good, well warded.
Speaker 3: It was hearted. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: It was heavy.
Speaker 2: It was so heavy. When the when the gardener takes his shirt off and you see his back all slashed up with a really bad scars, really bad.
Speaker 1: The thing that was interesting.
Speaker 4: You know, they show him in the very beginning so that you know, and I thought that is so odd. They're just lingering on this guy awkwardly long, and then you realize.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, I get later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but I do like Brandon and Claire together. I think they make a good team. Not I didn't like them together romantically or sexually, but I like them together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Are they friends? Are they just co hurts in the situation because of him being the president, her being the chancellor's daughter. But I can see how they could be friends or like work together.
Speaker 3: I wanted them to work together. I feel like they're super smart, and she's like quick and bantery and kind of brings out a different version of Brandon, which I liked.
Speaker 1: I liked that she stood up to him.
Speaker 4: We went from the Claire that was so obsessing with him and flirty, and then she really stood up to him and was like, I don't think you should do this, and I'm not going to speak to you if you do this.
Speaker 1: And this is a good guy. Now.
Speaker 4: I did get a little confused. I can't figure out who did what? Is he a bad guy? Is he a good guy?
Speaker 1: I got all lost in the politics of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, first of all, when the president's rolling in, did you like all the montage of the cars, the nineties cars. I couldn't get enough of that, so I was like in a time machine. I forgot what the cars looked like back then, Like they look so different, you don't really remember until you see them rolling around and you're like, wow, okay.
Speaker 1: I couldn't figure out who was coming? I thought, is the governor coming? Is the president coming?
Speaker 2: Was that happening?
Speaker 3: Cars from my parents' house? It was probably?
Speaker 2: I was like, what show in my car? With all this storyline? And then when they cut to Brandon inside in his office, I was like, does Brandon is his office? Does he work in jail? Because that's the ugliest office I've ever seen in my life. They literally had no time to set decorate that place because it was just a brown and green room three walls.
Speaker 3: Was that like a thrown in thing? They're like, oh, we didn't know we're filming that just I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't look good.
Speaker 1: And the two randoms and aggressively coming at him, and I'm like, what's happening?
Speaker 2: I was like, these blah blah reporters, they're so forgettable. I'm sorry, no fens, but I was like, why are they here?
Speaker 3: Wait? Who is the guy that he looks familiar, No.
Speaker 1: The like head of that you know, anti be someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Their outfits were very Yeah, his outfit was like.
Speaker 4: It took me out of the storyline that I was enjoying so much.
Speaker 1: I think that was my problem.
Speaker 4: It was just so heavy and so serious and like I wanted to google a bunch of stuff and I was just like, is this real?
Speaker 1: What's happening? Is is selen Asia a place?
Speaker 2: And I was just too heavy for for nine o two one oh and for every anything else that was going on. I mean, I like, I liked it when it's a little unbalanced like that, but this just felt like a lot took.
Speaker 4: Me out of the prankt and the even the Andrea just stuff.
Speaker 3: Rank it was also good. I want to know who pitched that one. And everyone's like, oh, okay, do we seem like Jiggle TV or like which they used to say about my dad for like Charlie's Angels, Like oh, it's you know, not a serious show if we don't have this one. So I feel like somebody was like, uh, oh, I guess we should do this, but come on, no one wanted to. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that any of our viewers really appreciated that storyline.
Speaker 1: I kind of corallo it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, And there was no payoff at the end.
Speaker 1: Well, it left me like very confused.
Speaker 2: I mean, all we got was the guy, the gardener man coming in and being like thank you bye, and.
Speaker 4: Then the president of a country resigns because of Brandon.
Speaker 3: Brandon. Brandon's so powerful.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if fake newswoman with the weird awkward phone on her news.
Speaker 2: Desk, Wait, what about the protesters outside just outside Brandon's window where he can see them? It made me laugh. They're all clad together?
Speaker 3: Ben No, Ben Learner.
Speaker 1: Was that the actor that played the guy? Yeah, the twelve protesters, all of it. Maybe the scene with the cooking and the kitchen and the tasting the sauce was sort of cute, Like it was just all what is in the West Wing?
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, when I heard culinary, I stopped. But other than that, I President.
Speaker 2: I like President Quintaro. I like his character and I wanted to hug him, but then I found out he was a bad dude.
Speaker 1: So it was just all kind of I don't no, what.
Speaker 3: If you guys we could go back and that storyline just wasn't there.
Speaker 1: It would have been great.
Speaker 3: It would have been great. There must have been something else they could do with Claire. Are they leading up to something that they're like working together? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I could have done more with everything else.
Speaker 4: I would have liked more Andrea and the Doctor, and more Jesse, more Donna and Griffin and Ray.
Speaker 3: We got no Kelly and Brandon. I got one years. That's all I wanted more of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that wasn't my favorite storyline.
Speaker 3: No, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think Brandon likes Kelly's haircut, so they're not un scenes together.
Speaker 3: He's like pulling her in and trying to kiss her and she's like pulling back. That kissing scene I did see in the background, like he goes in to kiss you, like his arm around you, he probably bruised you, like you know, because Jason doesn't mean to, but he has a heavy touch correct Like he'll shake your hand and it's like hard, and like he'll he'll go to you know, gingerly, like pat you on the back and it's like hard. He's just strong. So when he pulled you in. It was like probably hard and uh, and then he kissed you. You pulled back let us. I didn't and then he pulled back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I did notice though, is that in this storyline we really get to see Brandon, a more mature Brandon, and he's he's a natural leader, his character is. And I found that so interesting because Jason is a natural leader and we all just sort of fell into place with you know, Jason's ideas or Jason's suggestions or you know, just his his temperament on set, like he really set the tone for for us. And then I realized I didn't really understand that or appreciate that then, but now knowing him still and getting to spend time around him, that's just who he is. He's just a really he's really comfortable in his own skin and he's a leader. And I don't know, I never really appreciated that about him, but it kind of is like second nature to him.
Speaker 3: You were so right and I didn't think about that. It's so true, Like whoever was really like cluing into the actors playing the characters really started to get it right, like so true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no Claire and David Jason appreciation moment there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes it awkward if I bring up the line where they say the squirts.
Speaker 2: Wait, that was your favorite line.
Speaker 4: Totally when they literally are like they're in the bathroom with the squirts.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, poop humor. Wait, Jen doesn't like that?
Speaker 2: Nope, Nope.
Speaker 1: Why was even Griffin wearing earpieces? Who were they talking to on those?
Speaker 2: But it was sexy like they all had a body mic on. Yeah, that's Steve, just like.
Speaker 3: You got right in there and put it on her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she goes out to the to the where the bear is and the guys and her her little microphone was showing and I got nervous she was gonna get trouble.
Speaker 1: The scheme was technically very complicated.
Speaker 2: It really was like how did they pull that off? What did what? Where did they put the bear to get it to their didn't they.
Speaker 1: Needed Ray Prunes truck? How did they get it from? Oh my god, usc to see you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So two things. One back then, I don't know if it's still around. They had something called Spy Shop. It was in Beverly Hills, literally a spy shop like so you could go and buy like by gear. Oh my gosh, I guess now you could just go to Amazon.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 3: And per the squirts. Sorry. I feel like I kind of wonder if Jason was directing this, there'd be a little humor in it, and he would have like shown them like running from the bathroom or running like like to tie it all back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's such a good call.
Speaker 2: Where were they?
Speaker 3: What happened? I want to know.
Speaker 1: I would have to have I would have loved to have that zany direction. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And in the storyline, yeah, mine is the It.
Speaker 2: Could have been a little bit more fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the kiss.
Speaker 4: I do think Ray's kiss with Donna was very sweet.
Speaker 1: I was gonna that's my favorite part. I I I just I'm.
Speaker 4: Confused why I am not as into Ray now as I was then.
Speaker 2: But well, because you're you're a different person now, Amy, You're more you're older, you're more worldly, you see things differently.
Speaker 3: Minus the world lace. She doesn't fly.
Speaker 4: But I even went I even went on YouTube and watched how Do You Talk to An Angel?
Speaker 1: I did a full deep dive.
Speaker 4: After last week's episode, the whole timeline.
Speaker 1: I YouTube parts of that movie. You said to John tru would shout.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot.
Speaker 3: His love interest was Heather Graham. I think it was her first movie.
Speaker 4: Yep, yes, I fully went on the down the rabbit hole of Jamie Walters.
Speaker 3: I think we are swayed by what we know happens.
Speaker 4: Remember, the star of the Heights was the girl from Days of Our Lives, that eve that had.
Speaker 1: The scar on Days of our Lives. I loved I loved her. Yes, it was just Charlotte Ross. Yeah, Charlotte Ross. Oh my god, great, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Oh I never watched The Heights.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone did.
Speaker 2: I think that was on for just a second.
Speaker 3: Right, So my dad did a movie called Sadus Faction, and The Heights was kind of that was based on that. That was my dad's movie.
Speaker 1: And Julia Roberts.
Speaker 3: It was Julia roberts first movie and she yeah, never heard of It was about a singing girl band and then it didn't do well and the music was really great and it was a bummer. And then you know, he was still like, I believe in this like band and young like people in their twenties. So you went on, yeah, wait, my head's.
Speaker 1: About to exclude you know, Liam Neeson's in.
Speaker 4: That movie Satisfaction. Yeah, Liam Neeson. Justine Bateman was the star.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jumilia Roberts is sort of like third banana Liam Neeson and they end up at his like, habin.
Speaker 2: I really need to watch this movie.
Speaker 1: Oh I cannot believe that's your day.
Speaker 3: I mean it's yeah and.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Joel Schumacher was no longer with us, but did Lost Boys and amazing movies. He did it with my dad and directed it. And Justine Bateman amazing singer, like she did all of it.
Speaker 1: Little.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think Julia Roberts they had someone you dub her voice. I don't think she's saying.
Speaker 1: I can'not believe that is your dad's movie. And I've never known this. Deborah Harry is in that movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Blondie.
Speaker 2: Oh my wait, Jenia Leber, do you remember this? Okay, it was Hartford nineties con and we were in the green room and the woman on Sabrina, the teenage witch.
Speaker 1: Caroline Ray, not Caroline Ray, the.
Speaker 2: Other one, the other aunt Beth something Beth Okay, she was walked by us and I was like, who is that? And you go, it's Blondie jen, that's Blondie. I was like, what that blondie? Why would blonde be here? I mean fair fair Like Now to this day, every time I see her that's anywhere, I'm like, oh yeah, it's Blondie.
Speaker 1: Beth Broaderic, Beth.
Speaker 3: Broaderick, super nice.
Speaker 4: Heading satisfaction as an Aaron Spelling movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was so proud in that movie. And it didn't They sang good, They sang really cool. Soundtrack is so good.
Speaker 1: I have it. Oh my god, my head is exploding.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys, we did it.
Speaker 2: We did it. We did all five storylines.
Speaker 1: Damn, I have to give my rating rating.
Speaker 2: Oh. I felt really bad last week because I rated the show very low, and I thought maybe people will be upset with me. So I'm going to go a little higher this week. I'm going to give it an eight.
Speaker 3: It was seven.
Speaker 1: Oh seven point five, all right. I don't like giving a seven point five. I wanted.
Speaker 4: I like to give it a nine, but the whole politics got me all a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, next week we have an exciting episode coming up. It's called Who's zoom and Who.
Speaker 1: Which is funny because there was no zoom.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's the zoom they're talking about and meant something else.
Speaker 2: Like zoom, like zoo, or like zoomba or or And the dogs get the zoomies, you know, when they run around around, run around the squirts what Who's zoom and who? No idea what that means, but we will find out next week. Thanks you guys, Love you,