Speaker 1: All right, ready what do we say, Ron He's gone, He's got a train?
Speaker 2: Alright ready one? Two? Wait, why aren't you going to intro it? Okay, Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Ron He's Got Trained.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien. That is my identical twin, mister.
Speaker 2: Miles gro Yes, sorry, just a little bit light to their recording anyway. Yes, yes, we video that keeps on giving.
Speaker 1: Yes, the identical Australian twins Uh interviewed talking about their mom, who I am now starting to suspect just keeps a gun on them from off camera, because there's footage of them speaking together simultaneously from like when they were seventeen, like they've been. They're a going concern in the Australia media, so which it bummed me out a little bit because like my favorite part of my favorite thing about the clip was just this sense that like this accident happened or this crime happened in like backwoods Queensland and somebody like lifted up a rock and found these.
Speaker 2: Like some Yarl Morris type shit.
Speaker 1: Ye underneath, like they hadn't seen the public, but they've been like they've been on a reality show there. It's like kind of a known thing in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Anyways, still love them, still love them. Have you seen Meal Skinner Blues, Neil Skinner Blue, Muel Skinner Blues. That's like another sort of Vernon, Florida type Eryl Morris kind of like check out these people that live in these freaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That one's just really it's about a dude who's like gets the other people in his trailer park to make a horror movie. Oh not, everyone is just like it's just like every single person could spin off their own documentary. It's just it's so yeah, it's incredible. There's some characters in it.
Speaker 1: This is the episode where we tell you some of the things that are trending Zeuitgeist. It is Thursday afternoon and right now a lot of people talking about this Trump trade deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean is it a deal? I don't know. The way people found out about it, or a lot of people on the internet found out about it was a tweet from Charles Gasparino, you know, like a conservative moves person saying school Gasperino. People inside the Trump White House are alerting Wall Street execs they are nearing an agreement in principle on trade with India according to my sources, where senior Wall Street execs with ties to the White House no details on timing and recall that we have been here before dot dot dot, and people are like this. Other person at Joe Weisenthal responded like, if this is true, isn't the big story that the White House gives Wall Street executives early heads up on trade negotiations rather than the existence of the deals themselves. Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Think that's probably noteworthy. I would say it's at least worth remarking upon Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is amongst all the other many things.
Speaker 1: So Gasparino sounds like something that Kimmy Gibbler would have said when she was remarking on something being surprising.
Speaker 2: Yeahs oh wow, you know what I mean? Right right, that's ano, Yeah, you know what I mean? All right, little Gibbler reference for you know what.
Speaker 1: By the way, when you write Kimmy Gibler into Apple notes app, it says Jimmy Gobbler auto corrects it to Jimmy Gobbler, Does Jimmy Gobbler. I don't know why they don't think Kimmy is a real name.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just like, also too, what a terrible insult to say to like Kimmy Gibler in high school. They're like, all right, Jimmy Gobbler.
Speaker 1: God uh uh. One of the first articles that Cody Johnson wrote for h AT Cracked for us was just a fake scene from Full House where everybody's incredibly mean to Kimmy Jimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 2: Jimmy got me at that point, Jimmy Gobbler, Yeah ship. So anyway, that's the's weird.
Speaker 1: That's ron what other good works as president deals getting getting done for us. I feel like these tariffs are about to hit, and you know, it's a it's kind of a race smiles between the prices going up on goods and my high paying job putting iPhones together in a factory NEARBYX.
Speaker 2: Screwing in the little screws bike. I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's going to get me about three one hundred and fifty K a year. So sick dude, avocados should be affordable.
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, with three fifty that's you know what they say, don't spend a third of your annual income on avocados. But you'll be able to You'll just about being able to weather that if you're making three fifty. But now there's a you know, I've always been thinking about food as it relates to tariffs, because as someone from an immigrant background, you yearn for the foods from a place that is not America, and you realize, oh, that has to get imported here. Now, what of these tariffs. And there was an article in the takeout just talking about foods that are likely to be impacted by tariffs, and a lot of them make sense, like coffee or coconuts. Seafood also makes eighty percent of the seafood in the US comes from this imported tropical fruit from.
Speaker 1: The Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: A lot a lot of it's coming from you know, Indonesia or Vietnam or Indiasonen shrimp that face, yeah, exactly. I love some BP shrimp, deep shrimp horizon. Then there's like tropical fruit. Obviously we're not growing any of that here. So if you like bananas, they are warning the total cost of bananas nationwide could go up by two hundred and fifty million dollars per year for one could have what could a banana cost? Michael yeah, right, like literally, she might be right. That joke will no longer make sense at the end of this year.
Speaker 1: I know the arrest of development joke where the out of touch rich mom says, what could a banana cost? Michael seven dollars?
Speaker 2: Michael, what could a banana cost? Please tell me? Simply Avocados. Another one that's like, although teriff rates between Mexico and China were like, we don't see again, all of this is like likely because Trump could do a U turn again and be like, yeah, actually we won everything, no tariffs. Everything's good. We won.
Speaker 1: Everyone's getting some sick concessions behind the scenes, and now tariffs are off.
Speaker 2: We won. President Deal's wins again. Tomatoes, Yeah, that's a huge one. That is a huge one. They're saying it could ride potentially rise up to fifty percent later this year. This year, blueberries something the geist child is powered by eating blueberries. Berries in general have gotten very expensive. But yeah, and.
Speaker 1: They're all like the foods that we've learned are healthy enough to feed a child. Yeah, yeah, like avocado, blueberries, Like these are things that both kids enjoy and that you can just like make for them easily, and they're healthy enough for them.
Speaker 2: Another one olive oil. Uh, you know, that's a lot of that is getting imported. I mean there is stuff that is being produced in the United States. Chocolate is another one. The Ivory Coast and Ghana are huge suppliers of chocolate. So they're on the you know they I think they're on the who knows if they're on the list. But yes, alcohol, obviously, cheese, beef, even, and that's more because there's cattle that's imported, but also the amount of beef that's exported to other countries, these other countries, like bro, we ain't taking shit from y'all. Eat your own damn beef. So that and anyway, there's like a lot of other things. Rice is another one. Yikes, I need my rice and I need my oil and my cheese. So I guess we'll just start making my own. Is there a way to make rice out of corn? Is my question? They will, if they jack, we will probably be seeing corn, cheese, corn beef, corn wine, corn coffee.
Speaker 1: Corn corn booze. Right, so a lot of the booze corn cornbabed.
Speaker 2: But again, yeah, I'm just saying like to replace like when people want, like I want whiskey, from Scotland. You're like, we've got American corn whiskey, that's Scotch Blahoma bananas.
Speaker 1: Get your bananas from. Yeah, Like, I do feel like we're gonna there will be huge rison prices and then if he stays course, and then we'll start having just real shitty local versions, like local being from Texas and Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: I mean it's but I mean there's no way to even replace all of that. So it's like it might be the most coveted Oklahoma banana of all time if you can get your hands on one. I think the other part two is you know, we talked about the other I think maybe yesterday about why Trump did the U turn, and there's more reporting that saying that conversation with these like store like big box executives are like, bro, there's not going to be like shit on the shelves because that was a big one, right, Yeah, sure, like you know how that that's all going to work. And a lot of people are already saying port like the ports in California are already like getting about sixty percent less volume from China. That's huge, and when like the like the existing inventory in the US is depleted and they're like, where do we Reoh? So yeah, this is still I think this is still.
Speaker 1: One of those sir, what's your plan? Where do we go instead? For all of the stuff that people need to see their families?
Speaker 2: Just don't buy it. Just don't buy it if you can.
Speaker 1: Truly, just yeah, like you a broke boy who needed folks. So you don't know ship, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Is that? Okay? I know shit, I know shit about stuff. I know shit, I know tons of ship. Well, I think in This Boy's Life, where Robert de Niro plays the step father, he says, I know a thing or two about a thing or two. No, I think one of our great leaders, Robert de Niro as an abusive step father.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We finally got some juicy Conclave drama. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how the betting markets are moving around this news, but if you did see Conclave, you know it's full of uh, disgraced cardinals with shady objectives.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know they're all disgraced. There's a couple of disgraced cardinals in there or soon to bes who were about to get fired, and then the Pope dies conveniently for them.
Speaker 1: Interesting, interesting timing on this one. You were the last one to see the pope saying anyways, good movie, and so people are looking to recreate that movie. It's the news story. And we kind of got a good candidate here. Cardinal Giovanni Angello. Bet you be how you didn't see that? Bet you didn't see it? I think, once one of the most powerful figures in the Vatican, and then Pope Francis ordered him to resign in twenty twenty because he was convicted in a Vatican financial scandal. I don't know where your head was going, people, It was a financial scandal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, find a new angle.
Speaker 1: He was convicted of embezzlement using funds for a London property, but he also sent Vatican money to his brother's charity and to an intelligence analyst who was then arrested and convicted of using the money for herself.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It all sounds kind of shady and like they are taking the least scandalizing like approach to each of these yeah. Like, and then some intelligence analyst who used it for their own purposes. It's like, I don't know, but we not want to talk about what those purposes were.
Speaker 2: No, it's just we're just doing it's called mitigating crime splaning, that's just. And he bought a London property with her intelligence an whereas like went on yeah quotes anyways, he was fined. Oh, had to give up the quote rights and privileges of a cardinal, which were were a lot. He was apparently one of the privileges that he had involved like walk in privileges to see the pope was one of the so he could just pull good for him, the pope for him.
Speaker 1: Not not one of those bosses who's like guys, And just so you know, I have an open door policy, hop right in whenever you want, no, you need to like specifically God needs to have told him that you were allowed to just drop in on him otherwise stead of away from the pope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn lost all his card They had to give his Albert Pouholz jersey and Mark McGuire jersey back. This sucks.
Speaker 1: The Evander Holyfield boxing gloves that are signed. Yeah, so he was. He was fined and then they moved him because this is how the Vatican likes to move real g's moving silence like Lasaga. They moved him to a position running the Vatican's Saint making department. I also like this idea. Yep, saint making department.
Speaker 2: What do you need? Yeah, we got a hot one for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that does sound like a great CBS procedural.
Speaker 2: Yeah. His farts restored the hearing of a child in uh in Argentina. That's one of his miracles that he did. Yeah, he farted on her ears. Good, thank you? All right?
Speaker 1: Next, anyways, this character is appealing.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Get a load of this guy, I'm told. I'm told is the white equivalent of what.
Speaker 2: Whose man's is this?
Speaker 1: Who's man's is this?
Speaker 2: Ri?
Speaker 1: Get a load of this guy? Me and my fellow whites are always saying that to each other.
Speaker 2: With a thumb like this.
Speaker 1: Anyways, this guy who you ought to get a load of is appealing that conviction and demanding that he be part of the conclave.
Speaker 2: Okay, just say no. Can you say nope?
Speaker 1: Not not not to bet you bet you can't say no to this guy?
Speaker 2: But can he not? I feel like at that point, people like, yo, bro, I'm sorry, you're cooked dog, aren't you in this saint making department, getting all shady like it's the lunch.
Speaker 1: Table, like and I know, like this guy is sitting there, like presumably in the in the world of in the Catholic shared universe, like the Catholic cinematic universe. This guy's sitting there looking at miracles daily and being like that one's good enough to be a saint, that one's not just like looking at things that violate the laws of physics and reason, actual evidence of magic, like part of the X files wing of the Papacy of the Catholic Church. Uh. And he's sitting there at that desk being like, I can't believe they've stuck me with a bullshit job job.
Speaker 2: I gotta make a fucking big magic ship up with the racles. Fuck Anyway, he was the first ever cardinal to be prosecuted in the Vatican's criminal court, which is I don't know that's I wun't have expected that to be for embezzlement. I'll tell you that much. You're like, just like they've got a ice penchant real GE's move transgressors to the shadows like I zire them like Lasagna.
Speaker 1: And some and somehow it's like Lasagion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's uh talk about media literacy because there's a recent police that story was fake. Guys, we just made that entirely made up. We need to talk y'all.
Speaker 1: So Politico recently published an article calling gen Z the most gullible generation. I have a hard time believing that because I'm part of gen millennial, the least gullible generation.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But also, have you met a boomer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a Facebook account? Yes, anyone, they will. They will send you AI images unfletchingly.
Speaker 1: I don't doubt the facts of the case that like gen Z has some of the most incorrect beliefs about the world. I do not think it's a problem of gullibility. I think it is source material. They have st paying attention to the mainstream media, and that is the only place that currently has journalistic standards reliably. I mean, but then again, too, you think journalist Yeah yeah right, but.
Speaker 2: It's like I had to learn about Gaza from TikTok because they weren't talking about it in our media. Is the article I'm wondering, like just trying to dunk on gen Z, because that's really stupid to act like these kids are fucking they suck and they don't know they don't have to discern fact from fiction more than like.
Speaker 1: Sole ability, Like I would, I would put gen Z's ability to like spot a fake news story on TikTok way or on Facebook way above a boomer's ability to spot a face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the thrust should be like we need to we need to do better by the youth of this country, rather than like how these dummies became so dumb dumb by Politico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's I think this one is mainly about how just kind of dunking on gen Z. They also they're like you know, for instance, eighty percent of students regularly encounter conspiracy theories, and eighty one percent believe at least one, which like one conspiracy theory. That's what's getting them rated as the most gullible generation, like one conspiracy.
Speaker 2: If you ask us how many we believe in for real? What the fuck? They're not the only ones fucking with conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: That's that is a why. But anyways, I yes to your point. I feel like the blame should be put squarely on old people, like in the era of like AI slop and social media bullshit, everybody is in desperate need of media literacy educationally. I think part of the problem, I'd say the largest part of the problem is that the media landscape is moving too quickly because there's just no regulations on anything anymore. And the other part is that, you know, young people are asking for it, like they desperately want media literacy education in the schools. They're just not getting it because it's been politicized, because the right is now like you know, there's a new weapon against family values and it's called media literacy training.
Speaker 2: They're going to question if if the Bible's real right exactly it's done, and we can't do that. We can't do that.
Speaker 1: We can There's a twenty twenty four study that found ninety four percent of teens wish their schools taught media literacy, but only thirty nine percent got such instruction.
Speaker 2: That's the fucking headline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's your headline right there.
Speaker 2: How they became so gullible? Yeah, it's our systematic defunding of the education system in this country is rendering the most horrifying results. And the kids themselves know where they are lacking and asking for better, yet they are not given it. Great job, Great job.
Speaker 1: Conservative think tank proclaimed that critical media literacy seeks to undermine what it sees as the dominant institutions of Western capital society.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. So, yeah, they're going to question mail, chauvinism, and exploitation of people's labor. Yeah, huhhme. I might say.
Speaker 1: The one bit of good news is there's like media literacy education is on the rise, thanks tokay, like the teens actually asking for it, and education workers, like tens of thousands of education workers incorporating it into the schools, you know, seeing the need and doing it themselves, like whether through like field trips or special courses. Someone even designed a misinformation escape room. Great, great, but yeah, it just it sucks that schools are forced to take these initiatives themselves.
Speaker 2: But ye, at least especially and the fucking teachers themselves. These are the fucking people who are on the front lines watching the evolution of the development of kids in this country in terms of like their education, and they're like, fuck, yo, we got a fucking I invented a misinformation escape room to trying just to get this shit going because like, I don't know where else they're going to fucking hear about it again, pay teachers fucking everything please. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, just for all those Gen z being more gullible claims, studies have shown they're actually more skeptical of AI technology than millennials. So they're correct on one thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's just so. It's just again, I just love the habit that the US media has on, just like dunking on the fucking like you know, generation du Joure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the young it's the young kid's faults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not. It's not us the adults who created the environment for which these people are learning, Yeah, and could have voted to get people in who actually take these things seriously. No, No, it's the children that are Gola bulls rather Gola calfs.
Speaker 1: And if you're so worried about like their gullibility and their use of social media for ediet, like maybe you stop fucking just absorbing it, mouth a gape, believing everything you read on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Ah well, I can't even imagine what's going to happen with Gen Alpha when Jen Alpha it's time for Gen Alpha's you know, uh time in the sun, and then media starts going These iPad kids can't even blink their eyes. All their eyes are dry, Like I don't even know what the escalation is going to be, and I fear for it. But yeah, I mean they already started a little. I see it on TikTok a lot like on teacher Tiktoks, where they're like, y'all, they don't know where food. They don't know where food comes from.
Speaker 1: They don't know where food comes from. And when I hand it to them, they don't know where to put it on their face.
Speaker 2: They ball it up and throw it in the air.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think the iPads are good. I will say that.
Speaker 2: Oh, twenty four to seven iPads nah, nah, probably no, at least at least I had to sit in front of a cathode ray tube television and like, I couldn't bring that with me, and I was beholden to whatever was on, and I think, just that instant whatever man, and it wasn't and it wasn't what you were watching wasn't made by casino designers. No, no, trying to make something addictive exactly. I'm watching the fucking airplanes of World War two, Yeah, on the History Channel, because that's the closest thing I got to an action movie.
Speaker 1: All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, April twenty fourth. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. A whole ass episode of the show.
Speaker 2: Something to call that out away. I thought wasn't say WAP, but no w a E whole ass episode. Good, whole ass episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good one.
Speaker 2: See might drop it. Booker really just chimed in for that. Yeah, it's just a whole episode. We're talking about Jennifer Lopezan out of sight. That's the whole episode.
Speaker 1: All right, until tomorrow, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines where you still can't, get your fish shots. Don't do nothing about white sorrow. See and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,