Speaker 1: Apiece, Yo, it's loss.
Speaker 2: Go to Newport Lord Jeff Hardy uptown Bootleg keV on the way, Man, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: Peace.
Speaker 3: Hey, Before we start the episode, we're gonna remind everybody, Man, we got one of the biggest radio shows in the country, syndicated in almost one hundred cities all over. Shout out to iHeartRadio. All right, some of the latest cities that we've been able to add. Man, We want to give a shout out to ninety three point nine to Beat in Honolulu. That's right, Hawaii, We over there going crazy. I also want to give a shout out Hot ninety eight three and Tucson. Shout out to Tucson going crazy. Also want to give a shout out to Wild ninety four one in Tampa going crazy.
Speaker 4: We just got Richmond.
Speaker 3: We also just got the good folks in Bakersfield at Hot one O four seven. So we're going crazy on the radio with my partner James Andre Jefferson Junior for the Bootleg keV Show. So make sure you tune in and you can listen anywhere on that iHeart Radio app. That's right, let's get into the interview Bootleg CAV podcast. Man, we got a special guest here.
Speaker 4: Lord Scow. Welcome to La.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: How we doing headline in your show? This is? Is this your first headline show in LA. You've been here before?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been here plenty of times.
Speaker 2: I did my first show in Orange County yesterday saying it and which.
Speaker 4: Was cool but observatory. Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was cool, man, it was you know, I felt like Levin then, you know what I'm saying, sold a bunch of merch.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I had a bunch of fans who pulled up with like my old vinyls and stuff, and it was a good time.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: How long have you been rapping?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 3: Because like I think I first kind of came up on you. I would say, right around like early twenty twenty. I think I reached out to you sometime in twenty twenty three. It was before it dropped your out in.
Speaker 2: Twenty I think last time I was out here, like you reached out to me.
Speaker 4: We missed each other that last time you were here.
Speaker 2: Last time I was here. But it was like, yeah, that's how it goes. But I'm glad to be here now. But yeah, I just turned twenty one about a week ago. Oh, you're a fucking child, I am, Yeah, unfortunately, but you know that's what it is. But you know, I play like kind of fucking around, like I'd say, when I was probably twelve thirteen, it's just scribbling, like writing like rhymes, not really even like making songs, but just kind of like thinking of clever rhyms and shit. And then I started like recording by the time I was probably like fifteen fourteen, and then I started really really like taking it seriously, like this is my only path in life. For us, life is not worth living. When I was like sixteen, Oh that's dope. Yeah, and then it's kind of like I feel like every two years, like it's like a gradual like level up of like what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like too the type of music you make is like it's obviously I feel like being you know, out of New York Man is refreshing because I feel like New York's gotten to the point where we hear so much like the big shit that's popped out of New York obviously in the last five six years been the drill shit, you know.
Speaker 4: Which is good. You know, I like a lot of that shit, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, But I feel like you're I feel like, you know, you're you're doing a good job of representing like the you know what, we what we grew up loving New York for.
Speaker 2: Right, right, But you know, at the same time, like I feel like with that being said, which I definitely take pride in, I also like want to make that approachable for kids who's my age.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, No, for sure, because you don't want to be the dude who only old heads listen to.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I almost fear that I like embordering on being that you know what I'm saying, But I also know ultimately you know, obviously love to own my older fans, but when I think Joey did a good job of that going on this tour though, I will say like there was definitely a couple of older cats in there every night, but it was mainly like younger kids, like I'd say, in the twenty some of them not even twenty years old. You know how a fucking little twelve year old kid came with a koojie sweater and like George and Timberland's on like got the whole ghet.
Speaker 4: Up at the whole fucking what is whole family?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That shit was awesome, man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, What do you how do you feel like like you're able to kind of like because I feel like, at the end of the day, man, there's always like a appetite for like real shit, for dope dope bars, for dope beats and shit. It's just a little harder to cut through, especially when you're talking like to a TikTok generation. Have you what has been like the trick for you, like in terms of making sure you're not you know, I guess only rapping to old people?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? Can I tell you?
Speaker 2: The truth is just not being a hater, you know what I'm saying, Like like fucking with all types of music, Like I'm not shying of them dudes, who's like yo, turn off that ship?
Speaker 1: Like I fucked with all types of music.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like I like doing shit that's gonna catch people off guard, and like, you know, having different influences within my shit, you know what I'm saying. So I think it's honestly, just keeping options open because I think for me and my place in New York especially, like everybody knows me on all different sides of the shit. I know the cats making jerk, I know a lot of the drill cats. I know a lot of the fashion cats. I know all the motherfuckers doing everything in New York. I know the hardcore cast. Everything you know, but everything I think we all have like a mutual respect for each other because I'm not trying to invade on what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to like be like yo, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna do this, but it's always it's a mutual respect just because like we've been seeing each other, we've done shows with each other, like all of that, you know what I'm saying. So for sure, I think being open minded in short, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think being a hater too is a thing that a lot of a lot of folks can that we're being an elitist, like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Everybody is a hater truthfully, but like you know, and it's and you know, you're allowed to not like things to your own, but like you know, but don't go out of your way to suck with it.
Speaker 3: Fact like somebody's out here winning and people enjoy it for what it is, Like.
Speaker 1: There's so much music out there. If you don't like.
Speaker 4: Something like that, you'll find something to do.
Speaker 1: There's something out there for you.
Speaker 4: What was it like?
Speaker 3: Because for people who aren't too familiar with the New York area, so Washington Heights is essentially uptown kind of like near Harlem, right.
Speaker 2: Like kind of in between like Harlem and the Bronx, Like Dykeman is up there. That's a big part of like, you know, it's kind of its own neighborhood, but it's.
Speaker 3: What's that area like, it's a lot of Dominicans.
Speaker 2: Are definitely very Dominican, but it's also very i'd say community based, you know what I'm saying. Like I kind of realized that it's almost like Chinatown but Dominican, you know what I'm saying, Like, and people don't really think about it that way in New York, I think just because like.
Speaker 1: It's just it's i'd say less populated.
Speaker 2: Like people go through Chinatown to get to the Lower to get to Soho, to do this or to do that, and there's a new motherfucker going there to make a TikTok about the five dollars dumplings every every every day, you know. But in the Heights, it's more of a like community that kind of stays within itself, you know what I'm saying. I know people who just don't even go downtown, like their whole life exists uptown, you know what I'm saying, And like that's dope. But it's also like it shows the community within that neighborhood, and I feel like it's lacking that that type of backbone within a lot of neighborhoods in New York, you know. And I think to me, I'm getting old enough to start to kind of become conscious and be like, oh, this is different when from when I was younger, Like I don't remember this.
Speaker 1: Looking like that, Like she's changing, just changing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, and I'm old enough to be like, wow, like I actually have a memory from ten maybe twelve years ago.
Speaker 4: I wasn't here this looked different or this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still feel like the Height still has a level of familiarity.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's coming up, but.
Speaker 4: It has the gentrification hit up there.
Speaker 1: It's like slowly creeping it.
Speaker 2: It's creeping them in inwood indictment definitely where I'm from, like kind of you know what I'm saying, Like there's that like more towards Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: They put up a hotel a few years ago, but like I don't, like, I don't. I don't think anybody goes to that hotel, bro, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But for the most part, I was saying no though, like you still got all the poppy shops everything that you you know, it's like a it's very I'm trying to think of a word, but it's like self servicing. You know what I'm saying, r RIGHTLF, you really got to leave exactly exactly like if you didn't want to leave, you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have to, were you?
Speaker 3: So you when you flipped the big out Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous cover for United Palace, you got to know when you.
Speaker 2: Do that absolutely now now for sure, And and you know, I think doing that was definitely a very big statement, especially for someone so stament for you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: I think it still was something that I don't look back on and regret though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, no, because I think I think the album's dope, and I think, like, I think you just got to kind of know, like, all right, yeah, we got.
Speaker 1: Some responsibilitility shoes and shoes.
Speaker 2: But I also wasn't even trying to be like, yo, I'm big l Like that wasn't what I.
Speaker 1: Was, but it was just mys you know.
Speaker 2: But ultimately I also have had kids be like, I didn't know who big il was until I scroll through your comments and saw people being like, isn't this the big Ol cover? And they went and checked it out, which to me is kind of the point of it, you know what I'm saying. And ultimately I just kind of wanted to take some of the themes that he was speaking through on that album and kind of translate them through a modern day lens, through my lens, and through a lens that took place like maybe two miles more uptown. You know.
Speaker 3: I want to hear somebody to do devil Son in twenty twenty five. It'll be crazy, even though that wasn't on that album.
Speaker 4: What are you A? Do you like? Big picture of Lifestyles? Are the poorn dangerous?
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 2: I would say lifestyles just because to me, like, you know, it's more concise, but it's it's like kind of like it was.
Speaker 3: It was also like a he made that album. Yes, yes, the Big Picture was a bunch of stuff put together.
Speaker 1: The Picture is dope thought like the Big Daddy. It's crazy part of me.
Speaker 4: But I'm fucking sick with it.
Speaker 3: No, I mean big Picture. I actually prefer Big Picture, but I know why to take.
Speaker 1: A little more polished. But like that's the.
Speaker 3: Thing is though it was it was also like they put that album together after he died, with a bunch of stuff that was out there. Like think about it, there's like freestyles on there, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, And like it something I'm starting to understand as an artist and kind of as I got further. And obviously like this both does and doesn't really apply to that because it was a posthumous album. But like I think people fail to recognize the aught of like different kind of flavors within an album, you know, or from album to albums, Like you can't just make the same album over and over again, like you know, ultimately, like there will be a section of your fans that will want to just hear you make that same album over and over again. I think like more and more artists are realizing, like that's not the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would.
Speaker 3: I think Tyler recently has done a good job on a commercial scale.
Speaker 1: He's always been good at like reinvented.
Speaker 3: Every album has its own aesthetic, a vibe, its own sound.
Speaker 2: It's like, but like it doesn't even need to be within every album, like ideally it would be like every album and that's that's a luxury that not every artist has, like you know what I'm saying, But you know, I think that's something to also be respected and just like seeing like all right, like this album, like you like, I don't know if you close your eyes and think about like the color of an album, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like how vibrant is that color?
Speaker 2: Like, like you know what I'm saying, Like you don't got to think about it, like you know what I mean, Like if it's supposed to be blue, like how blue does it look? You know?
Speaker 1: I feel like you know what I mean, Like maybe I'm just high as fucking.
Speaker 4: Some real shit though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's interesting too, because I feel like more artists should think that, like before we put this album out or before we figure out the artwork. Listen, listen to all the songs that we got and what color does it sound like?
Speaker 1: Yo? It's like mad cool to think about the color, bro. Like I love thinking about the color bro. Like it's cool, bro.
Speaker 2: And like I'm not even like, yo, I got synesthesia, because like that is not the case. I'm not like fucking for real out here where I'm like, you know, but like you can fucking think of the color.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like a it's like a move board, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like you just gotta kind of understand what you're trying to come across with in your music and your brand, within that album cycle or within just your career cycle.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: This new album that you have that's out, you have some legendary features.
Speaker 4: I definitely do man, definitely.
Speaker 3: From the last song of this one, the features are crazy currency.
Speaker 4: Obviously Spin is a legend to that.
Speaker 3: But how the fuck do you end up blinking with Dell the funky Homo Sapien And by the way, as a kid who's twenty one years old, that's.
Speaker 4: Just uh, that's awesome. Absolutely, Dale was the guy high Row especially, but that's some that's some barious ship.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, long story short, I mean I got my man Curdie Pandy over here. You know, he's been killing it as my DJ. He's also a super time to produce out of Richmond, Virginia. But we was out in La last time I was here. I was stuck around for like probably three weeks or something, and Dante, my manager, who obviously has a long relationship with Dell, was like, Yo, we'll take a trip up to the Bay and go like fuck with Dell. Like, you know, I've never been out to the base. So we went up there. Crazy trip, long story short, but yeah, you know what I'm saying. It was definitely a fun experience. Took shrooms with Dell and and uh we actually made like two or three records that day that weren't actually the record that ended up that it ended up being on the album.
Speaker 1: And you know, we just ended up kind of like him. Yeah. Wow, it was cool, man.
Speaker 2: I bet the Empire Studios and Ghazi Yeah yeah, shouts out to too.
Speaker 4: But you're you're shrewming with Dell making just making records.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but none of them are coming out like they're all like they're all for the archives.
Speaker 1: You know, but like it's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: It's like you take a picture with your front and you look disgusting and you're not gonna post it, you know.
Speaker 1: But you still gotta like appreciate it, you know. But yeah, that was mad cool.
Speaker 4: And how much how much did you guys eat?
Speaker 2: Not like a crazy amount, like like definitely it was gummies, but we definitely I think me and him killed the pack of gummies together.
Speaker 4: I mean we was good, We was nice. Everyone's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was definitely nice.
Speaker 4: Everything sounds good when you're that high on true absolutely whatever the fuck's coming through the speakers, you just.
Speaker 1: Are like, oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: And then you listen back and like what the fuck was going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, we ended up ended up making it work man. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta some credit to CURTI because we ended up like getting another verse from Dell a few months later, just because like we were like, yo, like these are kind of like like both of us were like off it, and he was like, yeah, I got you. He sent us a new verse, and then like me and CURTI were kind of like, let's fucking change the whole beat because the verse he sentence was good, and we were just like, we don't really want it on this beat, and Curti had some dope shit in the pack, so he cooked that up and ended up being dope. And that's kind of why it also ended up being an interlude, just because it was like a strenuous process and also I kind of wanted to continue on the theme of having like a older rapper kind of like uh, Chris and the album to towards the end of it, you know what I'm saying. I had Curious George do it on the United Palace, and I just think that's like a cool thing to do to kind of just cavit on tradition and uh, you know, just give a give a little moment.
Speaker 4: What about Grant Exact?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Brand newbian News obviously one of the most legendary hip hop groups ever and also the most I mean one of the most left on groups of all. Absolutely, Yeah, All for One is a classic. But yeah, again, it's just like you're out kicking your coverage here on your age.
Speaker 4: What are you listening to fucking brand Nubian back in the day?
Speaker 1: Like no, I mean, like.
Speaker 2: I listened to a lot of Pooba's solo stuff, Like I really liked the two thousand album man, Like you know, obviously like Dante when I when.
Speaker 4: I first like hip hop historian, yeah o g.
Speaker 2: Dante Ross, you know, and like when I started working with him, I definitely like went through the catalog of albums that he had worked on, and you know, most a lot of them I.
Speaker 1: Was already familiar with.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, yeah, so I kind of like re explored it through that, and like, you know, there's definitely some dope joints on on the Poopa record. Amazing is one of my favorites, and fucking at the Bar, I don't know, I love it.
Speaker 4: Were you guys in the studio like in like together for this record?
Speaker 1: No, no, No, that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: We just basically the story on that is like shout out Mike Shaff He had sent me a beat and he'd sell me a bunch of beats, and like I just kind of wrote like a bunch of shit on that beat.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: When I was like playing back in the early version of the album for my managers Dante and Selim, we were like figuring out what we wanted to do with features and like what songs we were keeping what songs we want, and like the name grand Pooper came up and we were all kind of like, yeah, I would actually be kind of crazy, and then just kind of worked out like that. Yeah, he sent us a verse and then he sent us a hook like a day later, like just just was like, Yo, I'm gonna add another level of sauce on that for the young guy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When you're growing up, right, what is your a core artist that you're listening to kind of because you're kind of coming up in an era where I feel like, you know, post blog era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I would say Joey was a big artist for me. Mac Miller, it was a big artist Gun once I found Gun, which I was definitely a little later on, but like you know, once I found him, kind of like Common did a lot of my taste, and Doom was another one.
Speaker 4: Doom. Yeah, Yo, It's crazy how much MF. Doom is like.
Speaker 3: Translated to kids. Man, Yeah, due my kids in my son's in high school. Man, he just graduated, but him and all his friends love MF. Doom and they're fucking.
Speaker 2: Like I man, Mac turned me on a duom when I was probably like fourteen years old, and like, I like.
Speaker 4: He's having a resurgence with like kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's he's just you know, he's ill, like I don't know, I don't know, like TikTok.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: But he's also just one of the best ever, So that makes sense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 3: Man shots at MF Doom Yeah, no, definitely, Uh, shot to mc miller doom.
Speaker 4: Who else would you say, he.
Speaker 2: Said, Yeah, Joey gunn Is, Elda ship Rock, Mashie another one for sure. Yeah, I would say Asap Zombies definitely.
Speaker 4: I just met the guy from Flat with Zombies at the Fourth Rope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah. It was cool. I almost wanted doing in Vegas.
Speaker 4: It was from midnight to four in the morning.
Speaker 1: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: With to Friday Night SmackDown.
Speaker 3: I went to my room, took a nap, and I was like, am I really to fucking show up midnight?
Speaker 4: That's fucking so it was amazing. They have JBL came out, the Hardy Boys wrestled.
Speaker 1: I saw the Godfather came out.
Speaker 4: Godfather came out with Joe Hendry.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was insane.
Speaker 1: It was a night in the nickname it the Wrestle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Dolph Sigler. Yeah, everyone was there, dude. It was fucking nuts. Yeah, crazy, it was. It was a good time. Somebody somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta I gotta give because I went to the one in Chicago and that it was like, you know, it kind of like reinvigorated, like my love for wrestling just being there and like having all that. Yeah, man, because I was really really into wrestling and like I kind of like stopped following and it's not like I'm like watching everything now, but I'm like definitely keeping up way more now than I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at all the events we went to that weekend, that was probably my favorite.
Speaker 4: Like Mania was cool, but this year Mania was little underwhelming.
Speaker 1: Well, you went to the Sapoo's Last match or.
Speaker 3: Something that was I picked between going to SmackDown or going to that, and I went to SmackDown. Plus I probably made the right decisions. That was fucking sixty years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw you got like bloody. It looked rough.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants to be there for that. Everybody said he was like telling everybody how high he was on coke. I got I'm really fucked up on coke.
Speaker 3: Like, nobody wants to see a coked out sixty five year old guy taking bumps, Well, different types of.
Speaker 1: Bumps, type of bumps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two things could be true. He's taking bumps in different ways.
Speaker 3: So you so you grew up being a wrestling fan, you're kind of just kind of getting back into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But I was like a really big wrestling fan.
Speaker 2: I used to go to shows with my pops, like indie shows, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So like I was into like all.
Speaker 2: Of that ship, you know what I mean, And and like yeah, and it's cool to see how much of like an intersection wrestling and hip hop really have, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout to smoke this.
Speaker 3: I think we're like early and then Westside Gun and yeah yeah, and those guys obviously, I mean guns taken to another level with the Force Row promotion.
Speaker 4: It's fucking sick.
Speaker 2: It's but there's like a lot of like wrestling like references that even go back. Even Grandpop had some lines something like the top rope like a super flat snook or something.
Speaker 4: I think I think hip hop or synonymous with each other.
Speaker 2: Bro and I always say how similar it is like being a wrestlervers being a rapper. As a rapper, you could be like a heel or a face, you know what I'm saying. And it's like I'm kind of like a tweener, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: True, And it's like and a lot of a lot of rappers like there's obviously what you present to the public is one thing, and there's obviously like some like I feel like a lot of wrestlers are like there's a lot of like their true person, whoever they are away from TV, in.
Speaker 4: Their character, but there's still like you have to.
Speaker 1: Play up the character right right, right, you know.
Speaker 4: The best of artists is like.
Speaker 3: You know, at the end of the day, like when you're when you're on camera, when you're on that stage, you got to get into that mode.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, Like you know, the best way I'll say it is like you know, like Kurby your enthusiasm, you know what I'm saying, Like that Larry David is really Larry David in that show, but like he's he's up in the ante, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Great, you're curping of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's the one comedy ever.
Speaker 1: It's probably the funniest.
Speaker 4: So like that funny short.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that show like genuinely makes me like laugh outlas that show and always Sonny like.
Speaker 4: Always Sonny, you know what's funny?
Speaker 1: Always Sonny is like six.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I think I knocked.
Speaker 3: Out the first four or five seasons, and then it just got to the point where I was like, this is a lot, all.
Speaker 2: Right, but what would you like? What's your like, like favorite.
Speaker 1: Show show of all time?
Speaker 4: Show show? Yeah, the Wire?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I like.
Speaker 4: The Wire, Breaking Bad. Those are my main two.
Speaker 3: I love Game of Thrones, but the last season and a half sucked, dick so kind of me.
Speaker 4: Huh. Sopranos was up there for sure.
Speaker 3: Soprano's in the top five, And then I would probably say I just finished.
Speaker 2: Me and my girl I was Breaking Bad like a minute ago, like we were obviously laid on it. Yo, that's show so better amazing. Well she she got bored watching that.
Speaker 4: See, that's the same thing with my girl.
Speaker 3: I tried to get into season when it's not enough action, but you got to get through the first season, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the second we got to like season two is still kind of slow, but like I don't like watching it alone, Like I'd rather.
Speaker 4: Just right like right.
Speaker 3: There was a show that my most slept on show ever. There was a show, the first show on FX that pops was called The Shield. Michael cheek List, the bald fuck who played.
Speaker 1: Michael cheek List.
Speaker 4: This guy the Shield.
Speaker 1: That's a crazy name, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because he played he played the the motherfucking dude from Fantastic Four, This bald fuck.
Speaker 4: You've never seen this guy? This is the actor. Hold on, oh he was in Fantastic four.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 3: Anyway, watch The Shield so good also shot out well comedy wise, he's bounding downs up.
Speaker 2: There, he's pounding down as funny as Righteous Gemstones.
Speaker 3: Pretty got him good and Righteous Gems Righteous Gemstones. It's Danny McBride's new show on HBO.
Speaker 1: Hilarious.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I would put Curb the Boondocks funny. Yeah, those are my two for sure, but Curbs the Goat, Curb when it comes to comedy, the.
Speaker 2: Thing that's really good at and I feel like all good right, like all good? Like just anything does this is it like makes you relate to their character in a way.
Speaker 1: That you feel like you shouldn't, but you still relate to them.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is like in a lot of these situations, like Larry logically isn't wrong.
Speaker 4: He's not wrong, yes, and then it's like you.
Speaker 2: Know, and then sometimes it's overreaction, but it's also just like he refuses to be the bigger person, which still is something that a lot of people relate to, so or they want to.
Speaker 4: I wish they damn, I wish.
Speaker 1: I could be like Larry and just yeah, man.
Speaker 4: Lonely life. Larry lives man and Cheryl left him. That's hilarry, man, you know it's funny. I haven't watched the finale yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't watch a ton of the new episode.
Speaker 3: Oh I've watched every episode except the last one. I don't want to tell I watched like up to like season. I want to say, like twelve or thirteen. I don't know if there's thirteen seasons. I think I think the last season was twelve or thirteen. You might be right, but nonetheless, finish, I mean, dude, the last season is amazing. They yeah, there's it's good, and.
Speaker 2: When I rewatch it, I just really go through like the first probably six.
Speaker 4: Jeff's wife Susie.
Speaker 3: She has a she's on a bunch of billboards and they start spray painting dicks coming out of her mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, it's so good. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's so good. Shout out to Larry David. How's the road been. Any any crazy experiences on.
Speaker 1: Tour so far? Nothing like insane? Insane?
Speaker 4: Are you going to eat okay on the road, because I feel like.
Speaker 1: You're touring you eat?
Speaker 2: I mean I eat like shit anyways, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, I really gotta change my diet up a little bit. But it hasn't been that crazy change yeah.
Speaker 1: To everything, but you you know what I'm saying. But nothing really crazy.
Speaker 2: The New York show was we had a fight on stage and shit like that, an actual fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I brought like thirty people on your set during my set?
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: It was lit?
Speaker 2: And the show continued to showing on and I crowdsurved after that.
Speaker 4: Who won the fight? Nobody?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you want the whole breakdown?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what happened? Thirty people are on stage.
Speaker 1: So I bring a whole lot of people down stage.
Speaker 2: That baby's already you know what I'm saying anyways, I'm not gonna name anybody name, but anyway, so, like some dude is on the stage, producer who has worked with a lot of my friends. He's really drunk and he's bumping into the fucking DJ controller and people are kind of like, yo, like straighten up a.
Speaker 4: Little bit, bro Like, like you're fucking with the show.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I'm saying, Like chill out a little man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys got his laptop, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: All right, and he's like too drunk to kind of realize, and I got I got a home.
Speaker 1: And he was very serious about it, you know, just staying in.
Speaker 2: Line correct and uh, you know, he didn't really take too kind of there, and he started kind of like pressing him on stage like because he was He asked him nicely, and then I think he said something back and then he was about to like fuck him up on stage. And then another one of my homies realized and kind of like pushed them to the back of the stage.
Speaker 1: Mind you I'm performing.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize for like a hot second, and there was kind of like a whose man's is this check? Life of tom My Man, Life of Tom comes through, grabs the homie off stage, kind of throws him outside, and then uh continued outside. I think the main thing that I heard popped about it was someone was like, yo, you was a boy the fuck up SCO set and he was like fux go set and was like word and then I heard he was getting the ship kicked out of him outside.
Speaker 4: What's unfortunately? Yeah, hey listen, if you're drunk on stage.
Speaker 1: You gotta be respectful. It's an opportunity. You know that look like you know.
Speaker 4: Is the ultimate whose man is at this moment?
Speaker 1: It was like a hip hop show, is this guy? Was he with right? Exactly? He definitely was with me guy exactly.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you know the green room at rap shows, no but Sobs is definitely similar vibe shout outs to SOB's. I performed there plenty of times, but you know, like at them New York hip hop shows, sometimes the green room is not as well monitored as it should be, and we've seen it happen time and time again. So it's just everybody was fine, you know what I'm saying, And Uh, life goes on and we started a great set, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Shout out to shout out to that night man. Everybody was dead. That was crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's no way you were in the studio with Conway in this one. Huh, how to be an email now?
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: But my manager Selim is very very close with him.
Speaker 3: I just know Conway very very well, and I know that the likeliness of you being in the studio with.
Speaker 2: And it was funny because because it's funny, right, So my thing with the Conway versus so Salem and him are very close. And I met Conway probably six or seven times. Yeah, great guy, like very very like you know and like small doses. Yeah, he's a very solid dude, bro, you know what I'm saying. He's always been very cool to me. But you know, I met him a couple of times with Selim and a couple of times with Static and whatever. Like every time I met him kind of like was like more familiar with me or whatever, and I like Selim like asked him, like, yo, you could lace this up.
Speaker 1: He sent the verse over in like a day, and I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: That's a good turn around time for him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no, he blessed it, you know him and Seleem is super tight and you know, the racket is dope, so you know it was it was cool.
Speaker 1: You know, he's just super super blessed us.
Speaker 4: You know, have you been a Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I have not been to Buffalo.
Speaker 4: I've been.
Speaker 1: Is it how is it?
Speaker 4: It's what everyone thinks Cleveland and Detroit is.
Speaker 1: You know, I was gonna say, is it Detroit?
Speaker 4: Like, No, Detroit's fire.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I've been to Buffalo and hung out with Conway for a day and Gun and uh went around the city. I was on the East side of Buffalo with Conway, like hanging out in front of his mom's house and ship like. But it is exactly what you think Detroit is. But then you go to Detroit and you're like, oh, this ship is kind of nice.
Speaker 4: Buffalo is the real Detroit, right, Buffalo's.
Speaker 3: Grindy for that ship just looks like Terriff's hit Buffalo like one hundreds.
Speaker 4: Like Tarriff's been hitting Buffalo dog like it's cooked over there. You know, they got some good food over there, though.
Speaker 1: I believe. Yeah, they got mad so named after like food spots.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, they got good food and there's very uh, there's very uh I thaw. I mean they got them all nice. Yeah, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know to get back to the Conway ship. If you're still want to h yeah yeah, man, oh good, oh good, I'd be doing the same ship. But yeah, so I didn't know if he like, you know, I knew, like he sent the ship back. It was like Conway Exployd's the ship was titled. But I didn't know if he, like, I knew my name with my face.
Speaker 4: Because he met you so much, You're like, does he know who I am? Even though we met so much? Do you know who did who? He did the song for exactly right?
Speaker 2: But then I like hopped on his IG live one time and he just was like, Yo, my little bro on the IG live, Man, I just laced up his album. Yo.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I gotta go fuck with my man, Lord Scot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then he posted it when they dropped and all that showed love, you know what I'm saying. So that that was cool, you know what I mean? And I was like, all right, so you know, and I still haven't really seen him since then, but I definitely gotta like thank him because that's one of the best, one of the great one of the best verses.
Speaker 4: On and Conray is one of the things just the great period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know what I'm saying, super super dope dude.
Speaker 3: Man, how crazy is the Is the WED game calmed down a bit out there in New York because I know they've been spraying the fucking turfs on packs and ship and.
Speaker 2: I mean, bro, I'm from the Heights, man, I get that real Hayes. And if I'm not getting that real Hayes, I'm getting like good rapid weed.
Speaker 3: You know, he's pasted to fucking some of these packs with like a paper town, like the ship rubs off. Yeah, I feel like that's a very much East Coast thing though it is.
Speaker 2: And then, don't get me wrong, a lot of people still smoke that ship, but I don't smoke that shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Shout out to my ask the club family. They always keep me right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Wed game in New York's a wild, wild West.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: It's like how La was like fifteen years ago. Fucking just tables and parks. Dude, you go to a smoke shop, they got shrooms there, they got kinds of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely do this. Rooms in the smoke shop. Is as definitely.
Speaker 3: A crazy though, because like you used to not be able to have I remember being I'd be so paranoid having weed in New York back in the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got arrested for weed like twice before.
Speaker 3: Things just changed overnight. We were there the day it changed. We were in New York the day they got legalized. I left like three or four eighth's just on the corner somewhere.
Speaker 4: Some delivery guy grabbed them.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: It's all l a weed. I'm about to take a flight. I'm not flying with all this week. Yeah shout outs.
Speaker 3: So you have the edible line going, yeah, you a big edible guy. In general, it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just to me, like I'd rather.
Speaker 1: Eat Yeah, I would rather eat rooms. But you know, these are definitely good, and I've had I've had them a few times.
Speaker 4: It's very possible.
Speaker 3: Like the thing about eating weed that I realized pretty quickly was my tolerance for eating it. I could eat a whole eighth of mushrooms, like of gummies or whatever, and I'll be straight. I mean, I might have an interesting day, but if I have three of these I'm fucking cooked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean sometimes it cuts you off guard.
Speaker 3: Man, I can't ey weed. Man, that's a problem with me. It's just always been a problem. I either pukin or I start tripping balls.
Speaker 1: And that's an antique.
Speaker 4: You know, it's some merch exactly. I like the merch man. How many more dates you got on the tour tomorrow? And that's it. I'm flying a Florida in the morning, going to Tampa shows. Not nothing tonight. You got an off night tonight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, just this that I'm I'm supposed to go shoot a DVD coutour.
Speaker 3: Okay with my man justin fire. Well, listen man, the album is out Piff. You say you got vinyls and all that.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, I got vinyl Yeah, I see. I mean all this ship's available on fatbeats dot com. But you know, the MERT's been moving on tour. So Fat Beats Man a fat beat man, Chris Atlas outside to Monsto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fat Beats a legendary record store.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And they had one in New York too, they did, Yeah, absolutely, I know they do a lot of vinyl distribution and ship. So that's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's a legendary stamp. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: There it is, man, my guy, go watch the By the way, he just did a freestyle too. You guys got to watch that over over fucking John Cena's theme song. And then you brought me some cards. Let's do a little let's crack up. Let's see what it is, man, Let's see what we have. We have e O M TV rap cards.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to Rewinding, Grand Rapids, Michigan Grand Rabbits.
Speaker 1: Let's see who good city man. Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 4: Yea, let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got e P M D Okay, nice Ll cool Ji Public Enemy interviewing Chuck d in two weeks. That should be done, slick Rick Okay, so so far just heat doctor dre and ed lover. Young black teenagers the white young black teenagers for people who don't know, young black teenagers are white guys. I think DJ scribbles in this group. I think someone's in this group.
Speaker 1: Who's in it? Who is it? Is it? Scribble? Yeah?
Speaker 4: DJ scribble, yep, Bell BIV devou BBD tone lok Wow.
Speaker 3: Who was in a movie called blank check when I was a kid. Disney movie Fab five Freddy, the host of MTV reps krs the blast master Man shot. That's a good pack. That looks like an instant winner. You got to send that in Moorfi wow being it.
Speaker 1: Oh No, I don't think that he means you're a winner. All right.
Speaker 4: We got one more pack loser, one more pack of card mc hammer nice.
Speaker 3: I hav an mc hammer Barbie somewhere. I think it's behind that record down there. M LL cool J again, that's my guy right there, ll Big Daddy Kane. All right, Uh, super levels ce and casting over Rudd. I'm not gonna lie, not familiar.
Speaker 4: This is a this is a good one. Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: We got Vanilla Ice and mc hammer in the same pack. Run DMC.
Speaker 3: This was definitely like, uh the run DMC era that doesn't get talked about enough. Yeah, Houdini Okay, double tone loaks, different cut photo. This time was cracking ful. We got Boogie down production. So we got carras one MBBD or mbdp uh, two Vanilla Ice cards in one pack, different photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Vanilla Ice was cracking ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Vanilla Ice. Man, you know what it is some good cards. Thanks for the gifts, man, no doubt. Brother, thanks for having me go go support the new album.
Speaker 1: If I know, man, go get the vinyl, Go get the CD.
Speaker 4: We'll get the cassette on Fat Beats support support. You got cassettes too, Come on, man, go support this guy. Man Lord Scart, appreciate you pulling up, brother Boom