Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Master a longer Tim Stenwick. Let's get to some stocks on the moon Bloomberg News process. A reporter Isabell Lee is in the house. Where should we begin. Let's start with c.
Speaker 3: IF Industry is a very sexy fertilizer company. It's interesting because the stock fluctuated throughout the day, at one point dropping as much as five percent, but it ended in the green, up by two point seven percent. So it initially dropped because Muzoo Securities cut its recommendation to underperform from mutual and that's after the stock price rallied on expected growth in demand and prices. So basically, the analyst said that the recent share rally was overdone, and they said that other fertilizer stocks have already started to give up some gains. So I feel like he thinks that it's overvalued, but I don't know. Maybe the stock is like, no, you know, I'm going to rally and now it's closed in the green. And see if Industry shares are up by more than sixty percent throughout the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've definitely been on the move, I mean, and part of this, right is forgive me right. We've also talked a lot about I think what's going on in the Middle East war, higher costs of product, less supply, and so that typically bides well for our company, like CF industry.
Speaker 1: So interesting though to see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that going on, but it has been on such a tear.
Speaker 3: It's been on such a tear. And the analysts also said that they believe impact would be less than expected because most farmers have already purchase or prepaid their nitrogen needs for upcoming planting season. I feel like it's almost the same. Even with airlines. We talk about that, right, like, yeah, people rushing to buy plane tickets before they just increase in price. I should do that too, we.
Speaker 1: Too, We have to do that as well. Okay, let's talk about drinking.
Speaker 3: Drinking, Okay, Constellation, the non banker tickers.
Speaker 1: St problem for Constellation.
Speaker 3: I know, higher verse three times one percent. I don't drink too, Actually, you don't drink at all. No, Like in my wedding, I didn't drink. I don't like the taste of it.
Speaker 4: Oh, none of it, none of I'm not judgings.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of you folks out there. That's the challenge.
Speaker 3: That's a challenge. City raised the recommendation to buy from neutral.
Speaker 4: Look Bergs sliding up? What's wrong with those people? No, you're just kidding, just kidding.
Speaker 3: They cited a beer top line acceleration and evaluation that's below historical levels, and they said that positive depletions in the fourth quarter, that's what they expect after four quarters of negative depletions. So I guess the bad will be less badly, all right, So Kim and I will drink one day and it's not good.
Speaker 1: I just know it's okay.
Speaker 4: It's actually I think they're finding their rethinking that even they used to think, say, you know, a glass of wine, okay, But I think people are rethinking some of the studies. Let's go to Macy's which was on a tear tickers M.
Speaker 3: Ticker is M. It's one of those rare stocks with just a one letter tickers. Doc is up by four point eight percent. They close higher.
Speaker 1: Basically, the CEO basically.
Speaker 3: They're benefiting from really just a still resilient, wealthy consumer. So they reported better than I expect. That adjusted EPs and sales for the fourth quarter, and they gave guidance that was more encouraging. The CEO said that they see resilient customer base, especially for middle to upper income and I feel like that's when this story. Middle and number income people keep on shopping and shopping and shopping and spending, and those lower income consumers are the ones who feel pressure. And that's what he says also, And I feel like it's the K shape economy as everyone has been saying, I'm tired of buying stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, are you interested in buying anything from Micron right now to get in live?
Speaker 1: I may not, but everybody else is seems yeah.
Speaker 5: Looking at a Micron in the after hour, shares down about one percent this after the company warned that it will need to spend heavily on production to meet demand, overshadowing a generally upbeat forecast that was upbeat from the largest US maker of computer memory chips.
Speaker 4: We've seen this story before, right, strong numbers, top line, strong margins, and all this good stuff. But then they're saying, listen, we got to spend more in terms of their capex coming in higher, and then the stock goes from a rally to lower. But this one has been bouncing around a lot today in the aftermarket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has m you as the ticker.
Speaker 5: The company said it will spend We'll spend more than twenty five billion dollars this fiscal year. ANALYSTET estimated twenty two point four.
Speaker 1: Like I said, seen this movie before.
Speaker 4: It's also up sixty two percent year today.
Speaker 2: Correct this stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.