Speaker 1: I don't kind of feel the same to me, you know, with me, you know, I kind of had a feeling that, you know, the guys would be back. It's just a matter of time, you know, with contract negotiations and how that goes. I've been through it, so I know it's only a matter of time before that's back.
Speaker 2: How do you feel headed into week arter.
Speaker 3: We're pretty good. I feel like we were ready, had a We had a great camp.
Speaker 1: You know, might have seen a couple of guys, but you know, we know what they capable of, so I mean, we know what they bring it to the table.
Speaker 3: So it's all hands on, Dick and we ready to rob it. You're expecting sous going there. I had to to follow you where we're going. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to expect. Actually, we just going out here. We just got the game plan to get ready for practice.
Speaker 4: You know, couldn't help it, m as you were most every practice, you're playing hard.
Speaker 3: You're looking at did.
Speaker 5: You cut into this camp determined to be impressive?
Speaker 3: And how I ain't come in to be impressive.
Speaker 1: I came in to be me, which was being shape and being the best version of myself I could what are.
Speaker 3: You seen on film from Robert Solid Defensive? Set?
Speaker 6: Again, we seen a film from Robert Solid Defensive.
Speaker 3: Then, you know, they play fast, they physical.
Speaker 1: You know, guys run to the ball, you know, similarly kind of what we do here, but cause you know, you know, he was here before he went over there, so I mean they played fast, physical as well.
Speaker 2: Not to take it to a stay note, but obviously what happened with Ricky over the weekend, you were kind of the person kind of standing in the gap letting everybody know that he was Okay, you're also a teen captain. How big was it for you to kind of do that for him?
Speaker 1: It was It was kind of shocking to me at first, cause Juice called me and I was like, I was kind of surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what what, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: And then I had called Mike and see what was going on, and then they had told me and I was just like, nah, this just can't be right.
Speaker 3: And then got on the phone with John and.
Speaker 1: He was already up there and I talked to him and he told me everything was gonna be good.
Speaker 3: And then later on that night, you know, I kind of talked.
Speaker 1: To him and the next day went to see him and he said it was in good spird, So I was good.
Speaker 2: How much was he Rena?
Speaker 6: Was it to get the fast time in the lab?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That was that was amazing just to see, you know, with the situation that that happened, you know, with him just being able to still kind of be normal at the time, and then the following day he's he just you know, the man's just a soldier?
Speaker 2: Is it am how little rock hellos?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah for sure?
Speaker 1: Really yeah?
Speaker 7: How longer are you to be a captain.
Speaker 4: A second round?
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty good just to just to see what my peers think of me and how you know, I'll go out here and work and you know, just to like being in the cabinet was a blessing.
Speaker 6: Do you bo if you knew this, the speculation about your future beyond this season, it was report you you structure your contract that generally indicates someone who may.
Speaker 3: Not be moving any time.
Speaker 1: I don't know what y'all think, like reconstruction contracts me, but that's not for y'all to know.
Speaker 3: It's for us to know.
Speaker 1: But uh, I'm really controlling things I can do, which be with my feet ar I'm here right now, and you Jo, we know we see what I for jokes.
Speaker 6: A new number?
Speaker 3: What'll come to your number?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 1: It's the only number I ever wore before I got here, actually, so I went back to one for sure.
Speaker 6: For what's a the last I don't know, seventy two hours been like for you, the the kind of the emotions of the Ricky piercell thing and then getting Trent and I back in.
Speaker 3: And just what's it?
Speaker 6: What's it been like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean handling one thing at a time. Obviously the rookie situation. Thank god that he's even alive with us today. I mean that was in his same situation. So happy that he's back here around the building with us, and then with BA and Trent. Having them back in the building is a huge major boost for us as a team. Obviously those are two not only spectacular players for us, but leadership wise both of them being back in the building is big. So we're happy to have them.
Speaker 6: On Tuesday, when those guys are back, is there any extra prep in the step and practicely he could feel a whole again anything?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 4: You know, like I said that, those are two guys that we rely on heavily, not only on the football field, but off the field, you know, just as as teammates as brothers.
Speaker 3: So it's good to be back. Fred.
Speaker 7: Whenever you started a new season last year, you guys didn't know about rod Perty's health. There's always some things that you wonder how they're going to turn out when you're starting a new season. Are there any question marks that kind of stand up for you that you want to see how things are going to be resolved as roads?
Speaker 3: No, not necessarily.
Speaker 4: Every season is the new year, and you don't know what your team is until you go out there and you put it on tape. And so obviously we have a great test week one Monday night football at home against a great opponent on it and I'm excited to just put put together a great week of work preparation to make sure we're our best selves on Monday. We'll be different seeing Aaron Rodgers in a different uniform, not in the Factor's uniform.
Speaker 6: I know that he was on their last week.
Speaker 3: I got hurt so early. Yeah, No, it'll be different.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously we've had our battles over the years.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I love competing against Aaron. Happy to see him back healthy, So it'll be a great matchup.
Speaker 6: When you put a tape in and watch him clock, what do you say, what jumps off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean he always just had the savvy right, the ability to extend plays, to make the big plays, you know, keep control of the game, obviously, make the plays in the big time moments. So you know, there's nothing that you could just pinpoint and be like, hey, we gotta stop him from doing this. You got to prepare for it all, you know, and so we'll have a big test ahead of us.
Speaker 3: It's got a little no luck to him, doney, he.
Speaker 4: Got a little no uk Yeah, yeah, you got you got a little no look to him and does it all. He's one of the greatest of all time for a reason, so he can do it all a lot of time.
Speaker 3: It's Probert talkigure what kind of impact.
Speaker 1: Does you have in your tregua?
Speaker 3: Okay, what kind of he sort of defense that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I owe a ton to Rock Coach. I want to not even call him Robert coach sala as I know him and uh, he means so much to me. From the moment I stepped in this building my thirty visit, you know, him showing confidence in me as a player, and then obviously to give me the nod as the mic backer in my rookie year. That takes a lot of guts to give a rookie that that power. But man, I mean, I'm so happy for him and his success. Hopefully not very successful money not of course, but man, I mean I owe a lot to him, you know, just right there with Demko man him and him and co Sola were huge in my development.
Speaker 6: On a similar note to that one, when Kyle promoted Sorenson the d corn airs of so, he said he wanted the defense to kind of get back to basics what what you did with Demiko and Sala.
Speaker 3: Have you gone through a camp?
Speaker 6: Do you do you feel that in NFL what what waste?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Absolutely, I think the fact that coach Sorenson has emphasized the style of play that we're trying to, uh, I mean, not necessarily get back so I felt that we still played with that style last year, but just continuing to work on the like you mentioned, those base fundamentals, the relentless finish and effort violence to play the game and then as well as playing our technique, and that's what it's gonna take to win games and play the style of defense that we want to play one.
Speaker 6: Obviously, the number one goal is stopping the run.
Speaker 3: So what do you see when he's high?
Speaker 6: How can you use that to kind of set.
Speaker 3: The top for this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean huge tests. I think he's one of the best backs in the league just from watching him. I haven't played him yet, but so dynamic, the ability to hit the home run, with the speed his cuts in and out of inside the box. Uh, I think it's one of the top of the league. So he's gonna be a huge tests for us. We gotta swarm him. It's not gonna just be a one guy show. We gotta we gotta swarm the football. And I know they're they're excited about the rookie that they brought him as well, So we got to make sure we're on our assignments and we're playing relentless football in order to have a chance of stopping it.
Speaker 5: It's been very exciting having Trent show up and uh and and BA. I was on the other side of it last year and I was super excited to get back. I may have even been more excited for them to show up. I know how important they are to our team, and I just love both of them as people, So it's good to have him.
Speaker 6: Did you notice an uptick is just energy or anything on Tuesday when those guys start coming out of practice.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, initially, but then everybody gets back to back to the routine, back to work, so it's a quick little celebration. And then even for ba and and Trent, you sign your deal and you know that you're secure and you you're making what you deserve, but then it's back to your your job.
Speaker 7: Pulled you aside and talked about, you know, helping him get ready for the season to kind of sharp at his skill before Monday.
Speaker 5: We're texting a little bit and I said, whenever you show up, I'll give you some some live reps, but I don't think he needs it. Our scout team guys will give him the looks. I think we'll get a couple of reps today full speed against the Ones. But if anybody could come back and play like they've never left, it's him.
Speaker 4: There's so much change on the defensive line this year.
Speaker 3: What do you kind of see is the idea of any of these new guys.
Speaker 5: Coming in and how they meshed with the guys who are here, well, yeah, I mean it's pretty much all new guys besides me and Kevin, Yeah right.
Speaker 3: And Hardgraves and Beils for the most part, pretty new.
Speaker 5: I mean Hardgrave has only been here a year and Rob hasn't played too much. So me and Kevin have been here for a while and we know the scheme really well. But I really like the new guys. I think I think we've improved.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: Leonard brings something to our defense that we haven't had a guy who could make plays all over the field and has just a motor that, uh, he doesn't get tired. So having a guy like that who's super long and athletic and could rush, and I think this scheme is going to bring the best out of him.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I really am, Robb having your career and time waited.
Speaker 3: Would you say, Rob, I'm kind of impacted he had on you when you came.
Speaker 5: In and were kind of well, he brought me here, well had a hand in doing it at least, so I'll always be thankful to him, and he's he was a great coach. I think he he worked really well with Chris because Sarah obviously and and and just let Chris do his stuff with us, and and it worked out.
Speaker 6: Said that last year, it was an adjustment here for him to get kind of on this way.
Speaker 2: Do you see him after now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: I think he's got a year under his belt, and I think he went into the office season with the right mindset of training extremely hard and being ready to have one of his best years. And I could just tell by how he came in from from day one that he's he's chopping out the bit to have a great year to go back.
Speaker 4: We know why you weren't last year to play.
Speaker 3: What does it mean to be a capital.
Speaker 4: On this team?
Speaker 3: I heard we got a parking spot, So.
Speaker 5: No, it's great being being a captain on a team like this with so many unbelievable players that have done such great things in this league. It's an honor and I just I just want to live up to it. So I'm gonna work hard and be the best leader that I can.
Speaker 4: Because he got hurt so early last year, what would be different seeing Aaron Rodgers in a different uniform, not on the pack, because you guys have had some good battles in the past.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll be wearing a different uniform, but it's definitely still him. So we'll prepare like we're playing him.
Speaker 3: For last season with a run defense team under a little bit of scrutiny.
Speaker 6: How do you think that's changed from a year ago.
Speaker 5: I think we have a group together that's gonna be here for the whole year. Last year we're kind of piecing some piecing some guys together, Not that they didn't do a great job, but it's hard to get this scheme because the details are very important, and if you're not repping it through August and July or the end of July and August, then.
Speaker 3: Then you're gonna be.
Speaker 5: Behind a little bit and it shows and your get off and how fast you're playing, and all those details really count. And I think Chris went out and picked guys that he's seen over many years who jump out and play this scheme really well. So I think we're going to be a little more cohesive as a unit, just more godly.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's gonna I hope he's gonna have the best year of his career, which is saying a lot so Nick Nick.
Speaker 6: When Kyle promoted Sorens and obviously he wanted the defense to kind of get back to basics, to back to who you've been in the best. Do you feel that now having gone through a camp, that this feels more like, you know kind of what.
Speaker 3: You're doing with the Miko. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I wasn't here for camp last year, so I feel like it wasn't that much of a difference last year. I just think we're more tied in from the front to the to the backers, to the back end, and I think we have talent in the back end that we haven't had before. No offense to the guys of the past, but we had great guys in the past, but we definitely have some really good depth and just studs back there.