Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargian.
Speaker 1: It's a special Draft day edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I'm Paul Charchi and co host today Matt Harrison.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon, Chart. I woke up this morning, as many NFL fans did, feeling great. I'm guessing the Atlanta Falcons fans.
Speaker 1: Talk do not feel that way. No, I think you're right about that. It's a baffling one. And we'll talk about We're gonna talk about the fantasy landing spots for everybody in the first round. Ads, you and I are speaking right now the draft, the first round. We're about I don't know, eighteen hours from the end of the first round, something like that. Yeah, twenty hours from the end of the first round. Second round hasn't started yet as we're recording, but we're gonna go through every quarterback, wide receiver, and tight end taken in the first round. No running back to talk about. No, but hoping for Trey Benson.
Speaker 3: And you know what, you and Thor we'll get to talk about all the landing spots of those guys next week.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly right, Doornic.
Speaker 3: These are the big money guys right here, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, those are the big money guys. All right, let's start. I want to just let's just do this rookies in the order they were taken. How's it sound we can do that. Let's do that. So I want to talk about the spot they drop into the Dynasty value or and or Empire League value for each one, and then how this how their landing spot of fixed players around them, if at all?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sound good? Okay, So let's start with Caleb Williams. First player taken goes to the Bears, no surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the environment is fantastic. The Bears have certainly put offensive weapons around Caleb. The offensive line solid, not great, but solid. The Bears only have two draft picks left, a third and a fourth. I expect they grab a depth tackle at at least one of those spots to help shore up because the left tackle positions probably the weak spot on that offensive line.
Speaker 1: And that's an important one.
Speaker 3: And that's an important one and you know the dynasty value, he's He's the top rookie quarterback for me. I have him ranked as quarterback six in Dynasty right now, just above Anthony Richardson, Justin Airbear, and Jordan Love, which those are pretty high, some pretty big names. It shocking, but this is dynasty value, and people love their rookies, do They'll overpay for rookies. They'll overpay for the rookies, just like NFL gms will overpay for draft picks. Yes, as far as values for others, I think we've expected this pick for a pretty long time, so DJ Moore and Keenan Allen have already kind of got that adjustment as to where they are. But Roma Dunesa, we're going to get to him in a minute. I think I think he ticks up just to touch and value, but uh, we'll talk about that in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that. Although we've thought this was the landing spot for Roma dunz A, you know all along, I think this was the probable spot, sure, I mean to just get it validated.
Speaker 3: He could ended up in a lot of different places though, and because has all the way down at nine, you never know.
Speaker 1: You never know, you know, but I don't think he was ever going to fall out of about the top.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Eleven Yeah, you know, it was a I think it was a pretty small margin.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, the second player taking Jayde Daniels goes to Washington again. No surprise here at all. Immediate starter Cliff Kingsbury's track record. I'm not a big Kingsbury fan, but look, he proved that he can make. You know, he made Kyler Murray into a pretty good, reliable fantasy asset. And the rushing upside of Jadeen Daniels is better than Murray's by a margin, so Terry McLaurin, that's a plus for sure. But the offensive line Washington remains awful. They allowed the most sacks last year, they obliterated my guy, Sam Howell, and no major offseason real improvements line. They've changed out some parts, but not real improvements. So we're gonna see daniels escapability on display regularly.
Speaker 3: Do you think there was a tiebreaker in the jade and Daniels Drake May thing where they were like, well, Drake May is gonna get killed because he's not fast enough.
Speaker 1: And he's pretty fast too, but he's not Jadan Daniels fast, so probably yes, I believe the value in Dynasty for Daniels very high. In superflex, he's arguably quarterback one among the entire draft class to me, even though I had a Caleb Williams because of the rushing in non superflex, I think he's still a top four rookie at this point with the other two receivers in that mix as well.
Speaker 3: On my trade value chart at Shock Fantasy, I have Jaden Daniels overall as QB twelve right now. He's right around Dak Prescott and Tua perfect.
Speaker 1: And I feel free to chime in with that all, you know, throughout the rest of this because I've been on the radio basically the last twenty four hours straight, so I did not have a job, I've not have not been able to really do a lot of long term thinking on Dinasty value.
Speaker 3: You still have your energy up. You were so excited last night on the Vikings Draft show, and I still am excited.
Speaker 1: It's it's just the greatest twenty four hours of the year, right So let's talk about just briefly some other values that change here. Terry McLaurin, I don't you know, he's never been a big downfield guy. I don't know that he directly benefits from Jade and Daniel's big arm and maybe even mclaurin's value go or production goes down while Daniels learns on the job, which is probable. Now alternately, John Dotson to me, gets like one last breath of life here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe this.
Speaker 1: Is gonna put John Dotson into a spot who was more of a downfield threat where he can finally pull it all together and make good on that first round value that he was for the Washington Then I guess we'll just say commanders.
Speaker 3: I won't believe it.
Speaker 1: They're now the commander now the commanders, I don't think they were. Then all right, let's go to Drake May, the third pick of the draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is probably the worst possible environment for a rookie quarterback to land in. Kendrick Bourne and kJ Osborne are your top targets. The offensive line is ranked in the bottom five by just about everyone, and the offensive coordinator is Alex van Pelt, who held the same job in Cleveland with Kevin Stefanski, but Stefanski called the plays. There's also a decent chance that Jacoby Brissett could start for most of the early part of the season. I mean, honestly, if I'm a Dynasty Drake May owner, I almost want Jacoby Brissett to have this whole year and let the Patriots get you that, figure out the offensive line, all the other things before you for you shell shock, Drake May.
Speaker 1: I like that and very important as you think about whether or not you're playing to win this year.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know that Drake May is going to help you win this year.
Speaker 3: No, And you got to think that the Patriots are picking in the top five next year.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, you know, and maybe that's a receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be dynasty value long term. I still really like the player. He's on the younger side of the quarterbacks in this draft, and if the Pats were smart, I think they just sit him for the whole year. Let perseet take those lumps. Right now, he's my fourth rookie quarterback off the board in a rookie draft. He's tied for QB fourteen on my Dynasty trade value chart. Similar value to JJ McCarthy, brock Purdy, just a bump ahead of Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: I've got him behind all those guys. I like him. I like Drake May Yeah, I think he's just I worry the ramp up time is going to be so slow.
Speaker 3: It could be really slow. But you know, even if he even if it's slow, even if he's I mean honestly, it's his value probably holds better if he doesn't play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of with you, which is which is weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, And a lot of the newness will wear off and people get bored of him a year from now, But his value is better in the.
Speaker 3: Future, Yeah, the values of others. The only player that you were probably considering rostering on the Patriots is Ramandre Stevenson. I don't think this changes his value all that much at all.
Speaker 1: Agreed. Marvin Harrison was the next player taken on Thursday. He goes to Arizona. Not the ideal landing spot, but not a terrible one. He'll be the focal point of the entire offense with zero meaningful competition for looks from anybody else. I'll tell you your tight end, right yep. Kyler Murray hasn't provided has empowered any wide out to major fantasy production since DeAndre Hopkins back in twenty twenty and even then, you know, Hopkins had a lot of yards and not a lot of touchdowns that year. I think only six and none of Murray's receivers have ever topped eight touchdowns ever. Wow, So I think Murray is a bit of a cap here. It would have been, you know, and I even bet it would have been better for Harrison if he'd have dropped the spot and would have been teamed up with Marvin Harris or Justin Herbert, Justin Herbert, but you know, it doesn't work out that way. Quietly, the Cardinals offense got a lot better down the stretch last year. From Week thirteen forward, they averaged twenty five points per game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyler wasn't bad at the tail end of that year.
Speaker 1: It wasn't bad last year. I think the Dynasty value for Harrison is very high thanks to Harrison's rarely seen versatility, big play production. I think he goes first overall in most non superflex rookie drafts.
Speaker 3: I agree with that right now. I have Marvin Harrison as wide receiver four in Dynasty. Wow, up with aman ro Saint Brown and Tyreek hill Man's That is lofty. That's who you're training to get him right now.
Speaker 1: Man, there's not a lot of impact here other than Kyler Murray gets a bump and quietly it's just deep, deep sleeper. Michael Wilson, who flashed some signs of competence on and off last year when he wasn't hurt, could be a NIK producer here.
Speaker 3: How about this though, Where do you have Trey McBride landing in your tight end rankings as we near draft season in July?
Speaker 1: And I think he's sitting at like tight end three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, he's going to be right there, but I think that solidifies him in that top three to five range.
Speaker 1: This helps McBride, Yeah, for sure. Having a wide receiver is going to take the top off of defenses with the middle open for McBride. Love it. Thelak Neighbors was the next player taken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of wide receivers who can take the top off, he instantly walks into the wide receiver one role in New York, something they haven't had since Odell Beckham left after the twenty eighteen season. They've tried with a lot of second and third round picks and even a couple of first in there high Kadarius Tony, Yeah, the offensive line has potential. They have former first round picks Evan Neil and Andrew Thomas, and they have a veteran John Runy in it. Guard Brian Dable as a play caller has to be seen as a plus. But Daniel Jones is your quarterback and the jury's very much out on him. He's never had a receiver crack eight hundred yards in his NFL career. I gotta think that this changes this year. This is the best wide receiver he's ever had, the best one before this, like Sterling Shepherd or Darius Slayton. I mean, and those are guys who aren't on fantasy rosters at all, Dynasty or redraft or otherwise.
Speaker 1: Wendale Robinson showed some signs of life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's five to eight and just so tiny. He's like that Rondeale Moore style, Like get him the ball close to the line and hopefully he can you know, knife through defenses. But man, I just can't rely on that. No dynasty value. If all goes right for the Giants offense, it's probably due to neighbors this year. And if all goes wrong for the Giants offense, it's probably a new quarterback and possibly a new front office and coaching staff. Now, I think Neighbors is going to be force fed the ball a Ton. He's still behind Marvin Harrison and rookie drafts, but he probably goes in the top three or five four in in single quarterback leagues, in the top six in Super Flex league. He's my wide receiver eight right now in Dynasty, just behind AJ Brown and Puka Nikua, slightly ahead of Garrett Wilson and Chris o'labbe.
Speaker 1: I hate the landing spot with the yeah it's and Daniel Jones. You know, we're talking about a guy who hasn't topped fifteen touchdown passes in four years. And if you go back to his rookie heear you, you're like twenty one. I think, yeah, that's it, you know, I justugh. And I can't tell you whose quarterback is going to be next year, so true. You know, the Malik Neighbors, I love him. I don't love this landing spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I guess for the values of others. I mean, Slayton's probably now wide receiver too. He gets a little bit of the coverage off of him, but not like people are double covering him. But Danny Dimes. I'm looking at this is if you are a Dynasty owner that has Daniel Jones on your roster, this might be your last chance to sell him. Or this might be, if you're a believer, the last chance to buy him at you know, a discounted price.
Speaker 1: In what is probably the most inexplicable top ten draft pick ever, which is not to say it's gonna be the worst ever, No, it's but just the most inexplicable thig ever. The next fantasy player drafted was Michael Pennix to the Falcons. That was an absolute jaw dropper.
Speaker 3: And as the biggest Kirk Cousins fan on the planet, how do you feel about this?
Speaker 1: I baffled.
Speaker 3: Baffled.
Speaker 1: I mean, like everybody else, you know it. You this absolutely torpedoes Pennis value. I mean this, it's it's horrific for him. He lands as Kirk Cousins backup. And I empathize with anybody who, by the way, already drafted Pennix like you were in a ridiculously early Dynasty draft year in Best Ball Leagues. You drafted Pennis figuring he's gonna find his way to a starting spot. Nope, And not only for you know, the immediate future potentially if you believe their general manager who says it could be four years out before Penick starts.
Speaker 3: Well, it's at least two until they can potentially get out of the Cousin's money, right, and at most four And honestly, I can't believe that Terry Fontinau is going to make draft picks today, Like Arthur Blank probably should have fired him. The video that's been surfacing a font No trying to define it, and Arthur Blank's just looking at him like are you kidding me? Like you just you just had me spend one hundred and fifty million dollars on a quarterback and a month later you take his replacement. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: It's it, It is so baffling, and it may it almost makes you wonder, is yours are trying to grapple with? Why?
Speaker 3: M hm? Is there?
Speaker 1: Is there any part of it was because Kirk Cousins inadvertently outed their tampering, you know, when he went on podium and started talking about how they you know, they had previously contacted him and they and the whole thing wrapped like ninety minutes into free agency, and you know, like was that. I almost wonder if there if that wasn't part of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're upset with cousins already. But to that end, the Falcons are probably going to lose their first round pick for tampering next year.
Speaker 1: You wonder that.
Speaker 3: That's my guess, that's I mean, the Dolphins lost their first round pick last year for tampering. I think that's probably what's going to happen. So not only are they not going to have a first next year in all likelihood, what are they doing? I just can't believe it.
Speaker 1: So the dynasty value for Penis it is very low. He may not see the field for two or three years, so I and then and him dropping to Atlanta changes No, you know, it doesn't affect anybody, so he won't be a starter. You know, this is only to me. The only people that should be drafting Penis are people that have the luxury of waiting that long.
Speaker 3: I dropped him so significantly in my dynasty trade value chart, I think he's down in like the range of like Won Dale Robinson, Tank Bigsby Trey Lance, like like way down there, like he just plummeted. You're not gonna see him for two years.
Speaker 1: And all probably. I mean, you need Kirk. You need Kirk Cousins to get hurt, and as a reminder prior to to blowing out his achilles, which nobody can you know, you know is sort of an odd ball injury. He never got hurt. I mean, Kirk was an absolute iron man.
Speaker 3: But to that point too, if Kirk Cousins gets hurt, Kirk Cousins is not a scrambling quarterback. He's a right handed player. Pennix is a left handed player and a scrambler. It's it's different types of offenses altogether. They'd have to almost like fold in like a new part of the offense to continue going forward, and it just doesn't make sense at all.
Speaker 1: Romadonese was the next player taken. We've already alluded to his spot in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a great landing spot here. He doesn't have to walk in and be wide receiver one or even a wide receiver two right away. He can learn some things from veterans DJ Moore and Keenan Allen. Plus I think he's forever tied to Caleb Williams, and if the Caleb Williams thing works out, Romo Donze is probably gonna work out. Keenan Allen. He's a free agent after this season. DJ Moore is this year and twenty twenty five under contract, so by twenty twenty six he's the number one that Romo Dunsa is the wide receiver one in an offense with a top five or top ten quarterback. Probably offensive coordinator Shane Waldron ran the offense in Seattle the last few years with Pete Carroll. He was able to feature three wide receivers, although it's worth noting Jackson Smith and Jigba, who a lot of people liked last year, didn't really put up the numbers that we kind of hoped he would in Seattle.
Speaker 1: But he had two there were two other great receivers that he had to try to steal balls away from in his rookie year, which is hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think here you just need to take balls away from Dj Moore and Keenan Allen.
Speaker 1: Oh, great point, Keenan Allen.
Speaker 3: There's also two great wide receivers there. Yeah, so dynasty value, I think it might be a little bit slower start than some of the other receivers. With the rookie QB and a lot of veteran playmakers, touches might be hard to find long term. The upside is significant, though I still have him ranked as a third rookie receiver off the board. He's currently my wide receiver twelve in Dynasty, similar value to Jalen Waddle and Michael Pittman. And then as far as the values of others, there are suddenly so many weapons in Chicago. I guess I'd find it hard to believe that he takes a giant dent out of the would be production of Allen or more. But it might take away some of the value to the tight end position. And they already have two that are pretty good in Cole Comet and Gerald Everett.
Speaker 1: Cherld Everett's just okay, can we get I want to just move on from that.
Speaker 3: I mean everybody wants to move on, but Cherald Everett, like you know, steals touchdowns every year and just keeps producing. So it's probably going to take away from those two guys, and I think that's the risk there. I think Comet and Everett probably down a little.
Speaker 1: Bit more when we come back. JJ McCarthy finds himself in Minnesota. You can't ask for a better landing spot for really any quarterback, let alone JJ McCarthy then in Minnesota. So this I can't even remember a highly drafted rookie who falls into such a good spot in recent memory, because typically the good rookies find themselves on bad team. Right I mean, Caleb Williams is in a pretty good spot right now, but not like this. You get Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, t J. Hockinson will be back off the ACL at some point. You get bookend tackles that are in place to protect the pocket. The Vikings finished last year ranked third and past blocking by Pro Football Focus. Kevin O'Connell runs a quarterback friendly system that powered Kirk Cousins to the best years of his career. You know, I think the only hesitation about this landing spot for JJ McCarthy is O'Connell has no track record of utilizing the mobility of quarterbacks when he's got him, and we've only seen a handful of games. But when Josh Dobbs, he didn't design do any designed runs for Josh Dobbs, who was whose only real viable asset was his running. So hopefully I hope that Kevin O'Connell will provide some running opportunities for the unique athleticism that McCarthy does bring.
Speaker 3: Well, you think about the last two quarterbacks Kevin O'Connell has had serious time with, and that's Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford. Not the most mobile guy guy, so his offense maybe just hasn't had that running option because of the personnel.
Speaker 1: He had very possible Dynasty value here for JJ McCarthy fairly high. I don't think it's the elite high end that we had with Jayden Daniels Caleb Williams, but it's not far off of that. He's my third ranked rookie quarterback and roughly I would i'd him at running like quarterback thirteen among all Dynasty Empire quarterbacks. Where do you have?
Speaker 3: You got it right there? I have him tied with Drake May in the value. So okay, it's your choice of which one you want.
Speaker 1: Well, I want the guy who's throwing to Justin Jefferson, That's what I want. Jordan Edison, that's what I want. So in terms of value of others, you know, this move salvages the value of Jefferson, Addison Hockinson, who would have just been torpedoed if they if the Vikings would have had to go like bow Nix or something, although they're you know, I think all three of those guys are in danger of diminished stats in the immediate future because JJ McCarthy's not going to be Kirk Cousins in your one, maybe not even your two. You know, there's gonna be a learning process here, and you know he might be sitting on a twenty one touchdown season.
Speaker 3: Rain on my parade charge he's gonna throw forty touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the aforementioned bo Nicks. Denver making a I feel desperation move a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this one was Michael Pennox going at eight made Denver go, oh clue yea.
Speaker 1: It blew it up.
Speaker 3: It blew up the draft for that, it's probably the worst kept secret in the draft two that the Broncos wanted Nix. He comes into a situation with Sean Payton hand picking him to be his guide. Despite the fact that the QB room as Jarrett Stidham and Zach Wilson and Ben Denucci. Everyone thinks that Russell Wilson's career as an afterthought now, but last year he was the fourteenth ranked quarterback in Fantasy, which isn't bad. And if Peyton identified him to run the type identified Nicks to run the type of offense that he wants, he could actually flourish here Dynasty value. He moved up because I think he's the Day one starter in.
Speaker 1: Denver for sure. He is given wells is on roster.
Speaker 3: He's still the fifth quarterback off the board in a rookie draft. Right now. I have him in a tie for quarterback twenty one in Dynasty right now, tied with Bryce Young and just above QB. Brown's and Baker Mayfield values of others. So Nix was known for his high completion percentage in relatively short A dots. Very yeah. So Javonte Williams, samaj p Ran, and Julia McLoughlin, they're all under contract next year. They were targeted a combined one hundred and fifty times last year.
Speaker 1: It's a lot for running back group.
Speaker 3: The Broncos running backs led the league with one hundred and thirty one total receptions last year, fifteen more than the next highest team. The problem is there's three of them. Now, if we can, you know, suddenly make one disappear, both of those remaining running backs are really interesting, especially for best ball formats where you could just have fantastic days. But I think that those running backs are the biggest winners with bo Nix as the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Which is weird. It is really weird. All right, let's go to the next player taken. It's Brock Bauers, who drops into a weird spot, the second strangest pick of the first round. Not that Rock Bowers wasn't requisite value at pick fourteen, because he was, I mean, in fact, he was overdue to be taken, sorry pick thirteen, but that he dropped at Las Vegas, who had just put enormous draft capital into Michael Mayer the year before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, second round pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Bauer is clearly the best available player, but the landing spot baffling. And now this adds all kinds of turmoil into what to think about Bowers, and especially Mayor, who just gets daggered for any value that he had.
Speaker 3: I have him in our Empire League right now.
Speaker 1: Well, and you should not have seen this coming.
Speaker 3: I'm about to drop him too, just the outright draft anything.
Speaker 1: He's not, I mean, Bowers is so much better as a receiver. I'm not that worried about long term. Let's just say, like next year, this thing's all Boers, and it'll be mostly Bowers this year. But Mayor's can you know, because Mayor's in second year and he is a he is a decent receiver, He's a good all around tight end. He's going to take reps away from Bowers.
Speaker 3: Well, and as Thor put it on several of these shows, Bowers is more of a big slot than he is a tight end. They don't do Mayor. Mayor might still be in more in a blocking tight end sort of capacity, and Bowers just might be you know, weapon X moving all around. And you know, I kind of like this for DeVante Adams a little bit here and Jacoby Myers too.
Speaker 1: Even with all these questions, Marks Bowers is clearly tight end one among the rookie tight end. Yeah, it's not. It's not even close. It's not any conversation and among all tight ends sometimes. So I would have Laport ahead of him, I'd have McBride ahead of him, maybe Mark Andrews and Hockinson, maybe Kincaid. I think he's going to be in that five ish range overall. For me, Rock Bowers, Where do you.
Speaker 3: Have on the dynasty chart. I have him tied for two with two Travis Kelsey. Oh jeez wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, and I think Kelsey is still in this conversation too, Bobby.
Speaker 3: All right, let's just ahead a Dalton kincaid and Trey McBride barely ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the proven guys first.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, the tantalizing upside of Brock Bauers is there, though.
Speaker 1: You definitely factor in rookie hype and definitely absolutely because it's a for me, this is a trade value chart.
Speaker 3: It's what do you have to give up to get these guys, and really that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Available at Shock Fantasy. Yeah, let's go to the next player taking. Brian Thomas goes to the Jaguars pick number twenty three.
Speaker 3: Brian Thomas Junior. Thomas likely slides into the Calvin Ridley role from last season. There's Christian Kirk to man the slot, Gabe Davis and Zay Jones as wild cards all around the field. Trevor Lawrence is an above average quarterback, we think, and you think that he is, yeah, and you think that it's a decent offense under Doug Peterson. So the landing spot's pretty good. But the problem is is what Calvin Ridley did last year in games. Ridley only managed to get double digit PPR points in six of seventeen games, and one of them was in Week eighteen, so it didn't count for fantasy. So Ridley sunk your lineup last year more than he helped, and I just way more. I just kind of wonder is Trevor Lawrence the kind of quarterback who can vault a guy into, you know, a top twenty four wide receiver. I'm unsure that he is.
Speaker 1: I think he is, okay, yeah, and I think Christian Kirk hasn't been that far off of that actually wide receiver twenty four. And these guys have I think, well, this guy in particularly Brian Johnson, Brian Thomas Johnson has more.
Speaker 3: He did move down south from Minnesota, just straight to Jackson.
Speaker 1: I've got like four hours of sleep last night. It's you're gonna have to forgive that.
Speaker 3: As far as dynasty value, I didn't move him based on the landing spot. He's wide receiver four off the board in a rookie draft, which is about the seventh pick in a single quarterback league, eleventh pick in a Super Flex League. He's wide receiver thirty currently on my trade value chart, comped right around Jordan Addison, George Pickens, Tank Dell. Does that sound about right to you?
Speaker 1: I really like Tank Dell, so you're maybe asking the wrong guy I would take. I'd take Addison and Dell over him, but sure that's okay.
Speaker 3: Values of others. This probably helps take some of the pressure off of Christian Kirk, and I think it does help Trevor Lawrence a bit too, But I'm not going to move them up my ranks very much, if at all.
Speaker 1: The next fantasy player taken in a trade up, which we love.
Speaker 3: I love with Buffalo with Buffalo always Kansas City, trading with Buffalo to get my homes if Xavier Worthy and.
Speaker 1: Buffalo's gonna just kill him a disaster. So reminder on Xavier Worthy, and especially if you're confusing him with Xavier like legit, I think it's like, thank you. This is the fast one, not the thick one, not the big slow one. So he's the guy who set the record for the fastest combined time ever recorded in the forty four point two one and most track star receivers end up being great A busts. But here's where's Xavier Worthy's promising. The productivity that he had at Texas with Steve Sarkisian was amazing, and you get rare toughness for a kid with his very slight frame. This and obviously the landing spot in Kansas City is.
Speaker 3: You couldn't ask for a better landing spot maybe Miami.
Speaker 1: So uh, the question is, are you gonna have to wait a year for reliable production because the Chiefs likely start Marquise Brown ahead of him. Brown is on a one year proven deal, which I think they're gonna I think I think Brown's gonna be the starter, you know, and Xavier Worthy does have some raw components to his game. So I see Worthy as an inconsistent, not never, but inconsistent producer this year and a regular starter next year when Markuis Brown is off to his fourth team and Xavier Worthy as a starter in twenty twenty five. Dynasty value to me pretty high because the landing spot, if you don't mind shelving him for a season, you may have Patrick Mahomes best receiver in twenty twenty five, you could, and for she Rice has turned into a sizable wildcard.
Speaker 3: Right now yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: For value of others. I just think this. I think this pick ensures that the stylistically similar Marquise Brown is gone at the end of this coming season. And so to me, that's the biggest that's the biggest effect he has on others.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a Xavier Worthy right in the same tier as Brian Thomas right now. So the Addison Pickens Tank Dell kind of tier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might. I might go Worthy just for the freaky upside that he brings it in. If it does click, you've got a top ten fantasy receiver on your hands.
Speaker 3: I think I think the really intriguing way to play Xavier Worthy is best.
Speaker 1: Ball, Yeah, for sure, because he's going to give you some big you know what he pulls in the eighty yarders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and Mahomes hasn't had, you know, the burner since Hill left two years ago. So I think that Mahomes having a field stretcher guy that's not Marquez Valdez scantling. I think that, you know, that's a pretty intriguing notion, but that.
Speaker 1: Is your downside. Yeah, I mean, you know.
Speaker 3: Mark has Valdez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Marcus Valdez scanting, you know, you know that's that would be the concern. All right, let's go to Ricky Pearsall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, becoming a weapon and a Kyle Shanahan offense is never a bad thing, especially with the swirling Brandon Ayuk trade rumors. But speaking of Ayuk, Piersoll and Ayuk both were wide receivers at Arizona State in twenty nineteen, and Ayuk even sent a text to John Lynch last night, according to Adam Schefter, that said it was a great pick. So all right, the like it. The problem for for Pearsall is there's just a lot of mouths defeed, McCaffrey, Ayuk, Deebo Kittle, Juwan Jennings is a good wide receiver too. By the way, Kyle Yustchek, he's on the field about fifty five percent of snaps last year. That's too many players to have on the field. Ye, Piercell's the odd man out unless there's a trade coming soon.
Speaker 1: Which many people believe that's gonna happen. Could happen, by the way, including maybe Deebo. Maybe if you believe, if you believe some of the media.
Speaker 3: Reports out there, maybe they just remake that wide receiver room altogether. If that happens, I think he gets he gets rocketed up the Dynasty trade value chart.
Speaker 1: But doesn't it almost have to happen to validate this selection.
Speaker 3: Not a pick thirty one still first, just just weapons.
Speaker 1: I mean, Deebo has.
Speaker 3: Been injured off and on the last few years, and Kittle gets injured, and just you know, at pick thirty one, I think it's fine if they if they thought he was the best weapon available, go get him.
Speaker 1: Was he though?
Speaker 3: I don't know, he might not.
Speaker 1: You know, it just didn't smack of best available player, like the way brock Bauers did. Like sure brock Bauers falls to the Raiders and like he's you know, he's number six on our overall board and we're at fourteen. We gotta take him. It doesn't I don't get that off of Rooky Piersall.
Speaker 3: I got Pearsall landing in the Christian Kirk, Brandon Cooks, Gabe Davis, Johan Dotson, Neck of the Woods. In other words, those are bench flex guys right now. He is probably a few wide receivers who are about to go off in round two that will have a higher value going forward in rookie drafts. I think that there's three or four guys who instantly are drafted in round two today that we'll go ahead of him in a rookie draft and instantly become wide receiver one on their team values of others, Does this move make Brandon Ayuk more expendable? Maybe? Yes, O, yes it does. Other than that, the only one dinged here might be the low low value of Juwan Jennings.
Speaker 1: Who I actually like Juwan Jay I do too.
Speaker 3: I think he's like legit wide receiver two kind of guy. He only saw about thirty five percent of snaps last year. I mean, is that the upside we're looking at for Piersoll?
Speaker 1: Only if Juwon Jennings, you know, like drives off a bridge or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't see a lot of immediate impact happening.
Speaker 3: No I don't either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, let's get to our final player taken and the last selection of round number one Xavior Legate goes to Carolina, who trades up just one spot to go get him. You get the fifth year option on him, but you know, hopefully, you know he's so good you're resigning him before he gets the fifth year.
Speaker 3: The Panthers are insane.
Speaker 1: You know who hates this pick is Dane Brugler. I had to dig down through the beast to get to leg it at wide receiver fourteen in his rankings.
Speaker 3: Sikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a thick bodied receiver. Think poor man's DK Metcalf and you've got the idea here for him. He was catching passes from Spencer Rattler at South Carolina and look, the Panthers just aren't an ideal landing spot for a variety of reasons. And I think the dynasty value here is medium low. Just one year of production in college, so he's super raw. He really did nothing through college until last year. He's gonna need a lot of coaching and probably a few seasons before he's going to be a consistent fantasy producer. If ever, and for the immediate time being, he's logjam behind granted an aging Adam Thielen also Deontay Johnson, just some pecking orders with the ball.
Speaker 3: Think both of those guys contracts are up after this year.
Speaker 1: It's so if for the like I said, for the immedia time being, it's he's those guys are both target magnets. Sure, you know so, I just I can't.
Speaker 3: Should receive over one hundred targets.
Speaker 1: This year, So I think the bigger impact here might be to the same of the other depth receivers Terras. Marshall's officially dead, and if he wasn't already, I mean, in my mind, he was already dead. But it also throws a lot of concern at Jonathan Mingo, last year's second round pick, only total of four hundred yards last year and reached the end zone zero times, so that that doesn't you know, I think Mingo here could be a casualty as well. But like it, I don't, Yeah, I don't. I don't like the landing spot. I don't like how long it's going to take him to get up to speed, and I don't like that he wasn't already productive in college. This feels like a long term payoff.
Speaker 3: If ever, Yeah, I I didn't really move him all that much in my rankings. He's right in the area of you know, kind of the Gabe Davis, Tyler Lockett, Josh Downs, Jamison Williams.
Speaker 1: I take all of those guys before him. Yeah, and you're you're you might be more optimistic.
Speaker 3: I'm probably more optimistic. And and I mean, if we look down to the next tier. Is he in the Quentin Johnston, Rashad Bateman, Rashid Shaheed kind of you're talking.
Speaker 1: To me, sorry, y the Rashi Shied fan clubs so well, not king, I am the I'm technically the sergeant at arms.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Shed fan club.
Speaker 1: Next episode, Yeah, Thor nice from will join and we will talk about some of the major impact guys that went later in the draft after round one.
Speaker 3: Sure this should be pretty running back and wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be some of the fun of it, right, Yeah, pick if I could. The guy I'm targeting the most already alluded to this one, Trey Benson, just drop it like Dallas or Cincinnati. I mean, just you know, if I can get him into a spot where he can get a lot of use on a functional offense, I'm gonna be really excited about Trey Benson.
Speaker 3: Oh but what if the Cowboys bring back Zeke Elliott who they're talking to. Not worried.
Speaker 1: If he's the same Zeke we saw last year or the year before. He offers no threat, Not too worried about that. Thank you, Matt Harrison, Thank you for listening, everybody. We'll be back next week for more Fantasy Football Weekly nine times nine. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.