Speaker 1: The volume Ojo Shane Stikeen says Anthony Richardson Village visited doctor Neil Elatrosh in Los Angeles to get a second opinion on his shoulder. Dyken says nothing has changed and the plan is to just rest the shoulder for now.
Speaker 2: There's no timetable on his return.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: So you, oh, Joe, we start a race, we running, all of a sudden, you catch a cramp or you get tired, your stomach start to hurt, so you stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see what happens. So Daniel Jones right now is the starting quarterback for now? Absolutely? Okay, Okay, Daniel Jones isn't answer either. Just f y.
Speaker 1: I don't depend on what's the question? Name quarter back that went to Duke he's the answer. Well you say he's not to ask that. I just need to know the question you ask you first.
Speaker 4: Listen, Daniel Jones is not the answer. I don't care what people say about Anthony Richardson him being heard. He was inconsistent last year.
Speaker 3: Whatever it may be.
Speaker 4: Dam Jones isn't answer either, And I'm then that's no disrespect to him.
Speaker 3: I'm just being honest. We saw we saw a large, simple side that what he could do in New York and the biggest market. Yes, I think it's market. What's some decent talent in the running.
Speaker 4: You know, I think from a supporting cast standpoint, it's a lot better.
Speaker 3: Than Indy Forum.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: They got Jonathan Taylor in the backfield and over receivers, they got Pirs and and Pimplon Jr.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, But yeah they got some talent over there.
Speaker 2: Now out of the offensive line. Defense isn't bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you know it can't get it done here, then you are the problem.
Speaker 3: Damn man, And I was damn.
Speaker 4: Oh yo, turn around here for Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 1: Picked the wrong time to have this type of injury. Cause, like I said, maybe it'since they see Jordan something like that. He went to the Curland Joe Clint. They got uh neil Ela Troc. Remember I was telling you about him.
Speaker 2: Hold on, why are.
Speaker 3: We waiting to do it now and not doing it when the season ended? I don't know. Did he have certainty?
Speaker 1: Did Maybe maybe he's throwing because a lot of times, you know, they bring extra quarterbacks then o Joe, because they don't want the quarterback throwing so much so early, so so soon and sometimes they just get dead arms and you know, gotta you know, I don't know how much you through in the off season, you know, because as a picture, you know, you gotta throw.
Speaker 2: He might, he might.
Speaker 3: He might be overdoing it. Man, they're the possibility of that too.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 3: We just two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's if he's having I think it's his AC joint, isn't it. He had Uh, he had surgery after his rook well, remember he missed, he only played. He only played like three or four games his rookie year because he got that shoulder and he had surgery on it.
Speaker 2: Seeing that he sword in that throwing shoulder that he had surgery on.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: Lions head coach.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell wants to have a live lion on the team's sideline at Ford Field, but the NFL said hell no, despite on a Sheila Ford hamp approving it. Sheila said had no problem with it. But the league apparently proud upon those type of things. You know what, he'll be a perfect college coach because they definite let you have anything. They let you have a clientsdale, They'll let you have an elephant, a panther, LSU got LSU got what a falcon flyt ist? And like at at Albert campbellt told parton my parton my tape.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I mean you want to lie on the sideline?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Shit, I like that, So listen that all that does? It gives me another idea. Obviously I'm not playing, but I could.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine me playing for Dan Campbell, you know, back during those days and the lion on the sideline, and I got it. I get to come up with a celebration after scoring using the lion, using our mascot man man, Yeah, I could see.
Speaker 3: Me jumping in the cage.
Speaker 2: I guess I can see that line.
Speaker 1: Tear your ass up in that cage. NFL said the last thing in the NFL. Won't that infant lion mess right to break up out that cage?
Speaker 3: Yojo? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Listen, don't nobody go on no part of that when you got on paths.
Speaker 2: Or not, Because here's the thing. People don't realize.
Speaker 1: Like you see a line on television and you're like, oh, hey, that but when you see.
Speaker 2: That close.
Speaker 3: All right, four hundred pounds are all muscle? Hey, I want you to think about it for the people in the chat that have cats.
Speaker 4: Right, just think about this, Think about the people that have cats, and how quick and agile your regular home the Mexican cat is.
Speaker 1: Now you take a full how much they weigh four hundred average.
Speaker 4: Pound lion that has that same type of agility and quickness. Just for some reason, they see twenty three hours a day and can still jump out.
Speaker 3: Man, it's dog. They are medicine is unbelievable. Unbelievable. And they're so damn lazy.
Speaker 1: Hey, they sleep half the day. They they hunt at night. You get there, get their little hunt on, get their.
Speaker 3: A and just chill. Yeah, what a life, bro.
Speaker 1: Nah, Like I said, in college, you know, college didn't let anything go. They have goats, and they have rams, and they have you know, even Colorado and they're gonna have Ralphrey ruther Field. Uh uh uh who is that? Oklahoma got Boomer Schooner Boomer sooner and then the Little Man and Horsey. Yeah, NFL said, nah were good.
Speaker 3: I like it though that that would be dope.
Speaker 4: That would be dope if if they could implement mascots that were that that reference the teams, but had the real mascot outside of.
Speaker 1: Well we got on, we got we got mascot thund to run on the field every time this court touchdown.
Speaker 3: The horse.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, See, every team, I'm saying, every team. The Bengals should have an actual Bengal Tiger. I mean, I think it would be dope, it'd be fun.
Speaker 3: But you got your dad by I'm just being honest.
Speaker 1: What the Cowboys? They do have a cowboy? I mean, so I'm trying to figure out the Giants. How they gonna get a mascot. How thought they gonna be gonna be Are you gonna be uh Goliath?
Speaker 3: The Giants? What is the Giants mascott? That's it? Yeah, okay, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: I've just tried to figure out.
Speaker 3: So the Seahawks having a seahawk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Colts obviously having a horse. I'd assume the Chiefs, that's easy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Who else?
Speaker 4: We got Broncos obviously you have the horse, we got Thunder. Okay, Well, Panthers having a panther, Oh, that would be dope. A black panther coming, Oh that that'll be live.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think what a Raven's It's easy to get a guy, damn raven. Yeah, Buffalo Bills. Could you imagin if they had a big bison? Oh you wanted to run out and feel like Ralphie? Huh yeah yeah, get you a real bison man. Yeah. NFL neither. They might as well. Just you know, try something the NFL. They do not want to pay no money. They make all the money though. I know that's how you keep it.
Speaker 1: You keep keep it and you can can you make it and you don't, you don't spend it away with lasses. Yeah, Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 2: Been hitting the jail Ojo.
Speaker 1: Even Kyler Murray couldn't believe how different Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 3: Looked.
Speaker 1: When asked about this transformation, Kyler said, hell, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was Ai. Yeah, he joked up. He more than you, Ojo? He got you. Nah, we're buy the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, he got you.
Speaker 3: Ojo. I'm bigger. I'm bigger than Junior. I'm bigger than Jr. Nah huh, trust me, man, trust me what y'all think.
Speaker 2: Y'all think, Oh Yo, bigger than m j all they.
Speaker 3: Got to do. Look at me, man, look at this man.
Speaker 4: Look at him, look at me, Look at this this I think this is McDonald's man, talking about man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, he got real good chicken breasts. You know he probably had some broccoli, cauliflower, maybe carriage caesar salad, kale salad, a rougle or something like that.
Speaker 3: Mean what you're talking about? Man? What is real boy to talk about?
Speaker 4: Hey, my a, I'm a full sea cup like I can't. I gotta put I gotta put my tea. I gotta get an egg.
Speaker 3: A one size smaller T shirt just to keep him a chest down.
Speaker 2: You're still a small No? What this is a two X you know it ain't.
Speaker 3: This is a two X from H and M.
Speaker 2: I can show you, show me.
Speaker 3: H and M. See God dang Yo'll send me some uh some shorts that talk about either two eggs? What's that?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Damn things?
Speaker 2: Little hunh that's who I'm saying for two eggs.
Speaker 3: Hey, send me them bad you can on that reform them? Hey, what kind of short thing is? They're supposed to be yoga shorts? Oh they're supposed to be small.
Speaker 2: Huh No, they di not for me?
Speaker 4: Nah, you know for you know, hey, yoga, you support I ain't never did yoga, but I'm supposed to supposed to be free, you know, really How am I.
Speaker 2: Free with those little love tiny ass things?
Speaker 1: And you don't want nothing baggy though, Hey, I gotta have about to have to have a jounk strap old bad.
Speaker 2: Don't you supposed to have old baggy stuff in yoga?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, you want you want to be free?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Nothing that's free. Baggy's free, not constricted. Okay, I got you and y'all, I don't know. I think you might have missed these Joe cit Joe sent me something too, man, So.
Speaker 2: We'll we'll see. We'll see it tomorrow, Joe, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: According to Ian Rappaport, James Cook is president at Mandatory Minicamp every since a new deal. James Cook had a simple response to why I like my money.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: Cook As he plays to fully participate in training camp, then.
Speaker 3: They gonna take care of him.
Speaker 4: They're gonna take and listen at the running back position, you really can't play that game. But then boy, uh no, I'm just being honest, but they do not play that even though I we view you thus on the outside looking and we view you as a tier one running back along with Saquon and then McCaffrey and in the Boys but you really can't play that. They already don't value the position as it is as well as you did for the Bills since you've been there. But they will replace your ass quick and feeling they can put they can find someone else, they can do the same stuff you can do.
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't do that. Don't play that game. I'm glad. I'm glad is that mini caamp. I'm glad that that man now.
Speaker 1: Fab three day miss minicamp over one hundred and five thousand fines. And you know, but back back when you and I played, O Joe, if you got fined signed a new contract, the team could forgive that fine.
Speaker 2: Now they can't forgive a fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't forgive it. Yeah, you don't. Don't play with that money. He gonna be out right.
Speaker 4: They gonna take care of them, though they're gonna take Cam then you gonna gonna have to wait for it, but they gonna take.
Speaker 3: Care of me, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Shamar Stewart is no longer at the Mandatory Minicamp amid ongoing hold out with the Bengals over the language they want to put into its rookie contract. Per Adam Schefter Stuart left mandatory minicamp due to contract dispute. Stuart, the number seventeenth overall draft pick, is one of four remaining unsigned first round selections from the twenty twenty five draft. His situation appears to be the most contentious from that group. Pro Football Talks Mike Florrio reported on May twenty fourth that they issue between the Stewart and the Bengals involve a phrase in which the contract would allow a default in the current year to trigger a default in all remaining years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, hey, uncle is got just think.
Speaker 1: About what Joe, just think you get a contract. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, I get a contract. I got a five year d I got a four year deal to fifty option. They can pick it up. So let's just say, at my rookie year, I do something. Yeah, contract gt you mother, I get suspended NFL whatever.
Speaker 2: The NFL suspended me.
Speaker 1: Not only can they take the money back that first year, but your two year, three year, four they get that guaranteed money too. Oh hell no, absolutely absolutely. He listen as a player and chat, y'all stay with me real quick. I'm not sure again, I asked.
Speaker 4: Us when we talked about it the other night, unk I asked, when it comes to Stewart, what does his background look like?
Speaker 3: You know, what has he done in the past. What did the Bengals find out?
Speaker 4: Like, we're gonna take a chance on you, on his young kid, because he's a tremendous talent, but there must have been some red flags that we don't know about. It has to be, because there's no reason that the Bengals are trying to set a precedent all of a sudden out the blue with this individual as good as he was in college, wanted you to and you wanted the drafted this high. I'm not sure what it is and if it's something that other teams now, if it's something that other teams did, Okay, I understand, I understand that. But the fact back of the matter is with that fine language, don't allow it to default money from years down down the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Allowed to be a year to year thing like.
Speaker 4: If you mess up this year as your rookie, well all that guaranteed money your rookie year. Boom, young boy, you're not touching that, but all the money to come that's guaranteed moving forward on later years. That's a no note. As much as I love my Bengals, I mean, I just don't see and don't I don't understand what the issue is or why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Well, the NFL should institute to find if a team gets fired for doing something, all the money, the money that you would get in something to quit years would go away. So that four hundred and twenty five million dollars that you were getting twenty twenty six if you did if you had something that go wrong in twenty five, you don't get twenty six, twenty seven or twenty eight money.
Speaker 3: I gotta that wouldn't go for that, right exactly.
Speaker 2: But why do you expect players?
Speaker 1: Why do you think because you're in an advantageous situation that you want to say, well, look take her to leave it. Hey, take your hand back to the draft, young man, you're talking. I was just get ready to ask you down.
Speaker 4: I was just absolutely Now, can you opt out and go back into the draft again and be drafted by something else?
Speaker 1: That'd be something that that's something that the Players Association would probably get the lawyers involved with the NFL, because look, you go back and look normally what happens, Oh Joe. Quarterbacks are different but normally you look at what the what did the player get that was drafted in the same slot in twenty twenty four, and normally he gets a ten percent raise. So let's just say for the sake of argument, oh Joe, he got twenty million.
Speaker 2: Yes, ten percent, that's twenty two million.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now you work on your work on incentives and things like that. How much of the money is guaranteed, because now you look at the top five, top six guys, their entire contracts are guaranteed. Yes, sir, the entire contracts is guaranteed. You get twenty five thirty million dollars signing bonus at the time, and then you know the rest of it. So if it's a forty three million dollars dollar contract, you get a thirty million guaranteed. So you know you over the next four years three four years, you gonna get thirteen million. But you got your money. And so they pro rated over the length of the contract, the signing bonus. They spread it out, the Bengals doing this and I, oh Joe, I get it. This is a mom and pop shop. Their dad Paul Brown effort to the son Mike Brown. But oh Joe, everybody got three hundred to three hundred and twenty five million dollars. That's before you sold anything any tickets, that's any concession, any parking pass, local TV, local radio, local sponsorship. So you go the NFL cutting checks for between three hundred and three hundred and fifty million dollars before you do anything locally, Yes, sir, And you gonna try the hard time me telling about you're gonna take some money back if I do something in year one and you gonna take money from your two, three, four, then y'all gonna get the bleep out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah it listen. It's unforst it's unfortunately, it's frustrating.
Speaker 4: It's frustrating for me obviously being being a huge, huge Bengo advocate, noise riding for my team, the ups, the downs, and and us already having issues on the defensive end and knowing that's what we need to focus all our attention on. And having a player that you drafted so high and and and and and having these issues and having them not be a part of you know, mandatory mini camp and him actually leaving and there's an opportunity and maybe a chance that he can opt out and go back into It's just it's a distraction.
Speaker 3: Is he interesting to see?
Speaker 2: O Joe? How have they done this with other contracts?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I told you. I told you it was a hold up. You know.
Speaker 4: I mean a little little little birdie told me a birdie close enough that they had some wording and verbiage and and Tiggins contract that they held it up just a tad bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh hell no, not no.
Speaker 2: Not us.
Speaker 3: So this was this was lingering a little bit.
Speaker 4: But because they are who they are, they were able to get that you know what about it there? So now we talking about a rookie who is yet to prove himself. You know, we got too that already been proven. So man, we're not signing nothing until that's the pout of there. So now in this case, they ride with it.
Speaker 1: They're trying to draw land in the sand. And so what that means if they start scup, because here is the thing, I'm not gonna let you start the president with me, because what you do if you put it now? So in twenty twenty five they put this in this contract. Guess what all the rookies that signed with the Bengals moving forward is gonna have in their contract that language. You're not gonna start that precedent with me, and it's not happening.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate, man, it's very frustrating, very frustrating.
Speaker 1: Very Oh, y'all don't know if you noticed this today the new patches for the LA Chargers practice jerseys.
Speaker 2: Jerseys. H we miss something.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: If a rookie do not sign their contract after being drafted, they can re enter the draft the following year. They can also choose to enter free agency and potentially sign with another team if the draft teams right them aren't traded. A player who doesn't sign can either choose to sit out a year or re enter the draft later.
Speaker 2: No, he got leverage.
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 2: It could become a free agent?
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 2: I ain't said it not. I need money, I gotta player. I can't go back to college.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no eligibility because if I could, I go back to college to get a nil deal. But I'm going I'm gonna be a free agent because I'm sure Cincinnati was not the only team that had him high on their draft board. Now, is it something like is it something like a what do they call it? I think they used to do where you should draft the guy in the summer. What did they call that draft, supplemental draft. I don't think they have the supplemental draft anymore. But if you took somebody Bobby Humphrey got drafted into the supplemental draft in nineteen eighty nine, they took Steve Atwater first, but they had a supplemental draft Bobby Humphrey with number one in the supplemental draft, which means the following year the Broncos didn't have a first round draft pick. So that's how the supplemental draft worked. If you took somebody, whatever round you took him in that following year, you lost that route of.
Speaker 3: A draft pick.
Speaker 1: So with Schamark, with Moore, I'm sure others had him as a top as they first had a first round grade on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, what y'all got for your boy?
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm not sitting out on ya because, like I said, I want money.
Speaker 3: I need that.
Speaker 4: I need that and forget the I mean the money part is obviously, but my childhood dream has finally come true. Yes, I would work all the obstacles, I overcame everything. I finally get drafted boom, Mama, I made it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Now I get here.
Speaker 4: That's another issue. That's another problem, something that I can't avoid. It's the business side of then it's the ugly side of things.
Speaker 3: I hated. I know young boy wanted to get out there and play yess.
Speaker 4: I understand if he sits out, I understand if he if he opts out to go back into the draft, I get it. I understand that he's frustrated. I'm sure his parents are frustrated. The agent probably frustrated and saw the fans. So listen, Joe's focus piece, Joe's vocus piece.
Speaker 3: But one thing about it. If you know the Bengals, if you know management, if you don't ownership, you're not finna bully them.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 4: You're not for to make them do nothing they don't want to do. You're not gonna set that precedent as if you Joe so Oh.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of why the Bengals have been in that situation. They wouldn't pay Boomer, they wouldn't pay a lot of their good players, and their good players left. That's kind of why they've been in the situation. Now you got an ideal situation. The last thing you want, oh Joe, going into a season where you have so much hope and promise is distraction. Joe told you the Trey Henderson is a distraction because you're not asking how we're getting better, You're asking what should they do? I gotta keep asking this. Now I got to ask answer another thing. Mentioning about my first round draft pick and them not getting paid and them trying to set a president that no other team is setting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, distraction. But the Bengals don't see.
Speaker 1: But here that's the thing, though, o Joe, Because see, there's really no benefit other than your your ownership, warning pride.
Speaker 2: That's the only benefit of winning.
Speaker 1: Because guess what, Ojoe, whether you get whether you were in the Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Eagles got the same amount of money. Who was the worst, who picked first? Oh, Tennessee, they got the same revenue. Everybody got a check for three fifty. So tell me the incentive. See, we normally have an incentive because you prize money, O Joe. You win, you get three million, you get second, you get two million, so forth and so on. But just imagine would that be any incentive to win other than your pride? If Okay, first prize get five million, Second prize get five million, Third Pride get five million.
Speaker 3: What incentive is.
Speaker 2: That, Ojoe?
Speaker 1: So the Bengals really don't have an incentive to do anything because guess what, the NFL is gonna cut them a check for three hundred and fifty million, just like they're gonna cut the Super Bowl champion or the last place team. And that's before they sell anything or they have any event in the stadium. And so that's that's that's that's why I mean it takes a special type.
Speaker 2: I mean some ownership.
Speaker 1: Clearly, Harry Roseman wants to win, even though the forty nine ers haven't won. Hell, they go damn near all in every year. Stan Kronkett, the owner of the Rams, he wants to win. He damn near shoved chips in the middle of table all year. If you notice, it's only the Bengals that do things like this the high goal and try to penny pinch bro You getting a check for three point fifty three hundred and fifty billion, know, Joe, damn.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, well, it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Why it's very frustrated because, like you said, the last thing that you want to have happened on Joe's to have it? Why are we still talking about a rookie a butt not sign? And here we are, damn damning in July. We're gonna we're going, Hey, we're going to training camp in the month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, We're gonna training camp in the munt.
Speaker 1: And you and I and I got to deal with this bull jive. Oh, your new patches for the l A Chargers practice Jersey show both personal and team achievement on East Jersey. This is the first form of professional This is the first form of professional football.
Speaker 3: Team. Oh, how you like this?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, got captain? I can't read this?
Speaker 3: Is that water? Is that water? And water bottles?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, so he got like you got it captain. So you got the captains.
Speaker 1: So you got a captain, and then you got a start for one year, two year, three on, and you got Pro Bowl, you got All Pro. If you you got the franchise record most passing yards of the season, okay, Oh Joe, you had the record for the most receiving yard, you would have a patch, now, I mean that would be you know what, It's kind of like, I guess of like Nascar. You got you no dash goard, got a native suit.
Speaker 3: I mean this this is shirt strict for practice, right yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like it. Now you could put a patch. You could put your patch on that if you have a sponsor. But they NFL let you put all those patches.
Speaker 3: No, not, not without them monetizing and making some money off of it. Yes, not that ain't happening. But listen not. I think it's dopest.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: It's no different in college, you know, Ohio State buck guys. I think f s U. You know, they get the they get the Tomahawks, and I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah you remember, yeah, you he the decal day, you get a you got a big hit score touchdown.
Speaker 2: Hey you know, hey, YoY I need to bring my help because I had a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah yours filled up?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yet filled up? Yeah.
Speaker 3: We have scored the cross Bowls right right, right right, and we have called the Crawl Bowls. Don't yoke, okay, okay, I mean I think it's dope. It's cool and cool.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's it's I don't think you really need centivized NFL players and reminding them, you know, their accolades and what they've done what they've done today, but if they feel having it on the jersey and patches, it's some type of motivating, motivating tactic.
Speaker 3: I guess it's cool.
Speaker 1: Think about what what you would do with coach said, hey, we win this game, we ain't got to come in till Wednesday, but.
Speaker 3: I don't care if that let me get money to money and money and Tuesday off.
Speaker 2: Man stop.
Speaker 1: The joke was going, hey, hey man, especially if you home man God trying to catch them fight out Sunday night to.
Speaker 2: Go somewhere out of the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh hey, all right, hey, have a good practice. We off tomorrow. I'm like, really, do really, y'all gonna do this? But put so y'all so in other words, y'all been bullgiving the other practice. But it's it's it's a little thing like that. Hey, hey, we're gonna have a way. We'll have a cookout off. Because we always did faith office against the defense. There was always competition, whether we bowl, we we you know, we got divided.
Speaker 3: Up teams and shot and it was always off.
Speaker 1: We always compete against each other, right right right, And so I get it, but I liked I do like that old Joe.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like it.
Speaker 3: It's dope, He's dope, He's dope. Something new. Yeah, it's kind of like the All Star.
Speaker 1: You know, All Star in basketball, they started putting your accomplishment full time League, MVP, Finals, MVP.
Speaker 2: How many All Star teams you made?
Speaker 3: How many all the NBA teams you made? So I like it. Uh, you think other team's gonna adopt this on Joe? I think they will. I mean, I think they will. It all depends you think about it.
Speaker 4: When you look at the landscape of the NFL, you know there's only maybe three or four, three or four players that's gonna have patches on their stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, because they did it with the Walla to Payton. You remember all yours? You want the Walter Payton Award. They put that, they put that.
Speaker 4: Da Yes, I do, I do remember that. I do remember that absolutely. But I think I think, I think other teams may adopt it. You know, some some team might not really care for it or or or want to go to that extent of adding patches of accolades and what people have done.
Speaker 2: They do that, hold on, they do that at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Now you know how the guys come out there in the tracksuit's on a Tuesday and for the thing that you see the m vps and stud Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so I like I like this, I like this. I can get behind it.
Speaker 3: It might be something new, might be something oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Left tackle Trent william says his goal is to play into his forties. He turns thirty seven in July. It's one of them things that were I'm going to do everything possible to play as long as I can and to put a good product on the foot on foot of football out there, and then when it's going my way, then I'll know. But I could play until I'm forty one, who knows. But that's a goal of mine. I'm definitely not going to retire with some left in the tank. So in other words, he said, hey, when the wheels fall off off and Carl rolls Oude of the Sister to drag my ass off the field, But until then, I'm playing.
Speaker 4: That's it. And one thing about it, someone like Trent, someone of Trent Williams caliber and as good as he is, can play well into he's forty as.
Speaker 3: Well, can stay healthy. Yep, we stay healthy. That that's that's all. It goes that.
Speaker 4: That's all it comes down to. And he asked, Obviously, the older you get, the more technically sound, you gotta be. The old, the more technically sound, you gotta be.
Speaker 3: Some young bulls.
Speaker 4: You know them, they're coming, they're screaming off that edge. Well, they y'all coming as great as he is. They got to make sure that kicks.
Speaker 3: Still right now, you better getting better angle down. So if anybody you're thinking the thing is now ojo.
Speaker 1: Guys do a better job of taking care of themselves, regardless of position, and even though they might not have the most aesthetic bodies, guys take better care of themselves, right, Guys take better care of them So they do. They just do.
Speaker 2: Because I got into the league, guys were still smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna call them name. Well, guy was still smoking cigarettes. Hey we get a break. God going to the car. They standing outside the car, they're smoking. I gotta tell you the funny thing I see. I saw Greg Towns and that the Raiders. I mean, we're walking in the first game of the season, were playing on the road at the old Coliseum. Man, I get all walking out and walk into the locker room. By the time I get there. He's sitting outside on his helmet smoking. I do believe it on Joe, did.
Speaker 2: I know guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had very prominent guys on our on our team, they smoke, but not on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the game.
Speaker 1: You know that classic picture of Lynn Dawson. Yeah, that's that's exactly how Town was sitting on his helmet a cigarette. But you remember that picture there that I think that picture been black and white. Yeah, I saw it was our old color eyes.
Speaker 3: Hey that's funny man, Yes, they too.
Speaker 2: It was wild back there, like some of the stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't heard the story. Boy, you ain't got to tell me. Listen, listen. I have said that twin pieces for LT and I didn't got them. Got some good stories. I don't got some. I mean, I don't mean to be disrespectful. Right, But when you.
Speaker 4: Played football, when you used to fly airlines, do messic? Was that during the time they could smoke cigarettes on the plane. Yes, yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Smoking restaurants, you had a smoking section of a non smoking section, like would you like to see the smoking or nine And a lot of people like, well what's first available?
Speaker 2: But but if you if you at a restaurant. What it's about throwing You might be back to back with a smoking.
Speaker 3: Section, do damn you know a history? Or is your pizza self? Right?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that was coming back on your Hell no, not smoking and door. Nah.
Speaker 1: Now you go to the casino, Oh yeah, you know anything? They smoking cigare cigarettes, weed all of the club. That's what That's what really stopped me from going to the club.
Speaker 2: Bout yo. Why all that smoked man, you gotta you gotta hang your shirt up in the shower with stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that would the tur you from going to the club.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I don't like all that the turb be from going to the club. I don't like.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't stay. I ain't no, I ain't no late. I'm a I'm an early Roger, so I need to be in.
Speaker 4: Don't forget it now, your boy, here's an early Risers too. Now, I understand understand what you got.
Speaker 3: I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I take a nap during the day if I know I'm gonna want to do something. Yeah, when I went to Area twenty.
Speaker 3: Nine, Yeah, he had to do I had to do the show Man. I slept for five hours during the day.
Speaker 4: I tell yes, see, I can't. Hey, when I go to Tutsi's. When I go to Tutsi's, you know, I got to get the seafood rice and lockstail. I take a nap during the day. And the fact that I only go to places where I can smoke my cigar. If I can't smoke a cigar, I'm not coming. I'm not coming, Like, don't even invite me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not, like I said, but I really never like I'm not. I'm not really a go out type of person. I like to go out for And I ain't really trying to. I ain't trying to close the club down right right, right right, a last call for alcohol, last call last I ain't try to be there, right, I ain't trying to. Hey, hey, you're still sitting on the stool and the man trying to move the stool out the way and try to clean up, and you're still there, broke ticul.
Speaker 3: And the lights come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I heard some funny stories like women look different, women look different than you know. You get a couple of drinks, so you know some people that's really not attracted. They look a look different. You get a few drinks in you, they hit them lights on and you get to see what it looks like.
Speaker 2: And then you know, well, what happened? What happened when you ain't got no alcohol of you?
Speaker 4: Sisterm hey, wait, something my home boys say. When the lights come on, that's the fourth quarter. You better get what you can. You better get what you can.
Speaker 1: Noah out of lost this when I take my chance at this time. At the Cleveland Brown quarterback competition progresses into mandatory minicamps, Shador Sanders has often found themselves practicing with the backups while team other passes Flaco Picket and Dylan Gabriel have received first team reps. Shador said he's unbothered by practice reps instead of looking to take advantage.
Speaker 3: Of every opportunity to give.
Speaker 2: Life is just based on how you view different things.
Speaker 1: So you can view things if you're not getting reps in a negative way, or you can view it as Okay, it's my time to get out there, and let's be proactive and let's get warm, let's get going. So there's no excuses because when you get out there, nobody cares how many reps you got whenever you got in the game. Nobody cares if you took a snap before it. Everybody cares about production. So that's the main thing when you get out there, you got to be able to produce. Oh Joe, See I love this response. See now you got me questioning whether or not he was unprepared when he came to those meetings. I think y'all tried to salt that man up. I've only heard responses like this all the press conference.
Speaker 3: Yeah he had.
Speaker 1: I mean when he was in college, you know, he was a little frocetious at times. But I didn't never I never got the inclination that he was unprepared. If the one thing that he was going to be, it's prepared. His father prepared him. He understands his dad. Although he didn't play quarterback, he understood what comes along with playing the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Right. I just look.
Speaker 2: I love the way he's answered the quot, answered that.
Speaker 3: Question, answering the questions perfectly. And the funny thing about it that I know I got a I got a couple of young bulls out there. You know, I talked the Denzel Award. You know, I talked some, but let me, I sham my name, But anyway, I don't talk to some people.
Speaker 2: He looked different.
Speaker 4: There's a difference when that young bull is out there spinning that ball. Yeah, me, difference I'm talking about. I'm talking about football. I ain't talking about no media and all that, all that hoopla and all them you know on Twitter, they putting up the numbers something he would ten for twelve and two touchdown. I'm talking about when he's at the helm, he looks different. Whether he's going with the first team, second team of third team, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I understand getting drafted in the fifth round, all that means nothing. When it's time to play football and that whistle blows, he looks different than the rest of the competition. That's That's what I heard. And I'm talking about I'm talking from from from a not not by the ward. I'm just talking about from sources that's in that room, that's on that field, that's playing the sport.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I think I can relate to Yeah, you can't relate to this.
Speaker 1: You a second round draft pick, so you've probably had worst case scenario was running with the second The two's as soon as you stepp foot in the camp. I was a somebody, but it's somebody that was a seventh round draft pick. And that was with the third fourth fifteen, the last guy to get a rep. Some days, Oh, yoll I get one rep? What I get one rep? That's all I got? Said, that's it?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would have cut up. Well you got me, man.
Speaker 1: I just I just remember having a conversation with my brother. My brother would tell me and say, Man, how it go? I sa eixplained, Man, I ain't man, they ain't gonna get dang. I got like one rep. I got like two reps. I an't even get in today, is it? Don't worry about that?
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: One day, John Elwig gonna call on you. Yes, sir, just make sure when he called on you, you answer. Just make sure you're supposed you where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there. That's all they told me. He said, Ah, Man, they messingoga. He never said he Hey, you know what you can do. Now you're gonna get your opportunities come yeah, and when it comes. I was with the threespoll it, but surely I was with the twos. Hey, now all of a sudden, Hey, shark, get in there. I'm in the slot, but I'm running with the ones. Okay, yeah, okay, so make the team Maine Special Teams. But you know, hey, they called it, want somebody if we ran the ball a bunch. So you know, I'm big receiver, I'm blocking. You know, hey, it didn't matter. I'm blocking forcher Ronnie Lott, you know, Eddie Anderson, all them big time, big time hitters.
Speaker 2: But that's the only thing that my brother told me. He didn't tell me they messing over me.
Speaker 3: He didn't say.
Speaker 1: All he said is like, you know what, John, then we're gonna call your number one day. Just make sure your answer. And I was like, you know, I would go, I would go ask John, man, what what can I do better? Man?
Speaker 2: I just I just want to be I just want to be like when you when you call them, I want to be there.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, just.
Speaker 1: Make sure you get your head around, make sure you get your depth on your routes, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: You know we run certain drills. He's like, hey, I like that. I like that effort.
Speaker 1: Slowly but surely so if I could give I can't give you no advice how to play the quarterback position. But I'll say, just keep doing that, Just keep just keep doing what you're doing. That's all you gotta do. And people like man, you always turned it in. I say, no, What I try to do is that in situations what ought you or now we try to do is that if we've been in those situations before, we can tell you how we handle it.
Speaker 2: We can go inside.
Speaker 1: Because you're talking to people that was in the huddle, not somebody I didn't cover the game. I cover the game now, But you're talking about somebody that was in the huddle. Know what it's like on fourth and three. That's know what it's like when it's first and goal and you're down six. So I ain't tell you what somebody told me to say. I'm telling you through firsthand knowledge, firsthand knowledge being in the locker room, being in those meeting rooms. I love what your door said. I love the way he's handling it. I don't know when that time is gonna come on, yoe. Yeah, because the man saying you don't know when I'm coming, he said, you better make sure you be right when I return. Shut door doesn't know when the opportunity will present itself.
Speaker 3: Gonna be ready. Hey, I want to get back to this one rep man.
Speaker 4: Now that that's that's stuck with me out of everything you never said, because but they raise hell you.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, I'm a seventh around draft pick. I'm a body.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, Okay, my bad ain't no. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I was the first round draft pick and I ain't getting in but one rep or second round draft pick yet, I will, I will have some issues too.
Speaker 2: But I'm a seventh round draft pick. And you know the thing is with me.
Speaker 3: I played what I played. I played.
Speaker 2: I was the Z receiver.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: So now you know, Oh Joe, you coming to the rookie You see you slot you X. They throw you in a couple of players the type role. Can I let me learn one thing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Come on, na, let me, let me let me. I'm trying to write cursing and you tried to get me to do trigonometry.
Speaker 3: Huh dang.
Speaker 1: One rep and two reps. So Joe, that's all we out there for two hours? You know, Hey, everybody else getting called to get in there. Hey, turn to get in there. Johnson, get in there, y'all get in there. Everybody get in there. Last place, shark, get.
Speaker 3: In that disease.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Listen, huh, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me take that back. It was called it was not called a ze. It was called the wing. Right sharp you at the wing? Hey, huh, you gotta think. And two thousans Man TJ was on here with us. Remember he told you, yeah, I take I was taking scout.
Speaker 3: I'm talk about two thousand and five, two thousand and six. I'm t about my whole career.
Speaker 4: I ran our place, and I ran scout team, right. I'm I would purposely the gun on special teams. I would purposely going special team just to keep myself running through the whole practice. And our purposely took the scout team whoever the number one receiver based on who we're playing. Let's say we're playing the jag. You know we're playing the Jags. I'm Jimmy Smith on the scout team, and to take every rep because now I get to work with.
Speaker 3: The number one dB on our team, and gave him good.
Speaker 4: Work so he'd be ready for Jimmy or keeping keeping McCart there on Sunday yep, And I'm man Marvin and Hugh Jackson would have to pull me the f out of practice.
Speaker 1: But you know, Joey training camp, it ain't really no scout team. It's ones versus one one. Yes, yeah, you don't. You don't really get to the scout team until like that first preseason game because now, okay, offense, you going against the twos, uh defense going against the two offense, things like that. And then obviously when you get to the regular season, the scout team, you know, go to get and given that.
Speaker 2: So yeah that once the once the regular season came, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was that's me.
Speaker 1: I follow the ball right whoever had been that best receiver? It was Tim Brown. I'm Tim Brown, I'm Slim Brown.
Speaker 3: Oh Timmy man.
Speaker 1: Rod Smith came in, he said, Man, he was rocking right across from mind. And he every day he absorbed everything of everybody that was another offense that I've ever been around. Rod Smith probably was probably my greatest student because he absorbed everything.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: Man, I just want I said, he said, Man, I want, I want that. I said, what you what he said, Man, the way the crowd cheer you, the way everybody respects you. He said, I want that. I said, tell you what. When the scout team come, whoever the best receiver is, you get that jersey. I don't care if your X, I don't care if you're Z. You get that jersey and you go out there when they say, hey, man's look, you bust their ass.
Speaker 2: I like that question.
Speaker 1: And the first time Foots got in the game, we playing Washington Endeavor three by one. We down pull one at he the ex receiver. They put him from the side, by himself, by hisself. He got Darren Green matched up on him, throwing the football. He jump over with Darryl Green and catch it. We win the game.
Speaker 3: Oh r, what wrong, lady?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I talked you for us all the time. Yeah, yeah, we ain't him. You know, I still it's it's a few guys I stay in touch with a lot. Obviously, Burns Uh I talked to the house who was about backup tight end Chock Eye was another backup tight end Foots.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's a few guys I still keep in touch with. Yeah, but that's what I tell guys.
Speaker 1: And a lot of the you know, they say they are conspiracy theory, circling that Cleveland, trying to force the early piece. Yeah, they're gonna do everything. They possibly can because they dressed. They don't want to look bad. Oh joke, I draft Gilan Gabriel. How did I drafted your Door? It's your door out playing, but I make me look bad if j gets in there, I signed you couldn't picket as a free agent. If he gets in that he out played forerformce Kinny Pickett. That makes me look bad. So I'm going to give these guys every opportunity to succeed because I don't want you try to make me look bad. Now you can say, oh yeah, we didn't have this grade on him. The matter the grade, because at the end of the day, you gotta play. You can give that guy a plus or B whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: But when we get in there, yeah something got to give, all right.
Speaker 3: Let him some good days boy?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yes, but I love I love the way your Door answered the question. It's like, look, first Team seventeen thirteen, when they call my name, I'll be ready because they're doing nobody care. Didn't nobody care the A all the tight ends got hurt and they putting a seventh round picking there from Savannah State. An't nobody care nothing about that at all? This song was number eighty one. Sharp man, that's sterling brother. I wonder if he's as good as his brother. Hell, if I was, they better had touch it. They touched me to Seth Roder, I'm just as good as my brother. Somebody doing some helping some poor a scouting. But I thought I was, Oh Joe, you couldn't tell that I wasn't as good as my brother. I broke all his records. I did everything that he did. Everything he did. Now was he more physically like I was mortalented? He was a harder worker? Right, So what's like? Once I got to college, I was like, man, sh I'm like, man, scouts sain't really coming. Because he was telling me, Man, we had all the scouts from every team I think the title of like twenty eighteen, twenty seventeen. Every scott was here today. Oh yeah, y'all have the scouts, Like Noah, we have no scouts down here. So I know the opportunity. So I got to I got to do up to make the scouts come, right, that's it should do. Or keep doing what you're doing, bro, I love it. I know you're not your your dad dealing with a little some health problems right now. But you've gone through adversity before when you did Jackson State and your dad had that had those blood clots. You built for this. You are absolutely one thousand percent built for this. Head up, pray it up, stay up the volume.