Speaker 1: Menes, Billy, you stupid. That's funny, Billy, not funny.
Speaker 2: Burping is gross.
Speaker 3: Lingo Kids Listeners, Everyone burps sometimes, but it seems like Billy, Cowie and Elliott have different feelings about burping. How do burps make you feel? Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Join us as we all learn about the science and manners of burping. Elliot, you look upset. Can you tell us what's bothering you?
Speaker 1: Billy keeps burping on me, and Cowie keep sloughing about it.
Speaker 3: I see burping is making Billy and Cowie feel silly, but it's making you feel upset.
Speaker 2: Im mad.
Speaker 1: Nobody's listening to me, but Elliott, why don't you like burping?
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. Cowie, what bothers you about burping?
Speaker 1: It just makes me feel like a little like dow and Elliott?
Speaker 4: Does it make you feel a little uncomfortable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I know what will hell?
Speaker 5: A giant piece of tape for Billy's beak, ear muffs for Elliot.
Speaker 2: No silly manners?
Speaker 3: Great idea, Lisa, good manners help other people feel comfortable, Elliott, Perhaps your friends can use better manners when they burp to help you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't use manners. I'm not a man.
Speaker 4: Manners don't have to do with being a man.
Speaker 3: They are just tips everyone can follow. Lingo Kids listeners, can you think of any good manners that Billy can use when he has to burp?
Speaker 1: I know he can cover his mouth, yes, and then that echy burp won't get all over me.
Speaker 3: It is good manners to cover your mouth if you have to burp. Any other ideas? Yes, Billy you can say excuse me. That lets the people around you know that you didn't mean to bother them with your burp. We should practice Lingo Kids listeners, you can practice too.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, excuse me, please, excuse me too.
Speaker 4: Great manners everyone?
Speaker 1: Are you more come furked, Elliot?
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm still a little worried. What are you worried about? Elliot? I don't want to catch Billy's burps.
Speaker 3: I can understand that, But burping is not contagious.
Speaker 5: What does contagious mean?
Speaker 2: Oh? I know.
Speaker 1: Contagious means you can catch it from someone else, like catching a.
Speaker 2: Gold because it date I know it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, don't worry, elliot.
Speaker 4: Burps are not contagious. That means you can't catch them from someone else.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good. But then where do burps come from?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why do we girth?
Speaker 3: Great question, lingo kids listeners, What do you think causes burps? It's gas gas like from the gas station.
Speaker 4: No gas in the air.
Speaker 3: There is gas all around us, like oxygen and nitrogen and carbon dioxide. There are many different types of gas in the air around us.
Speaker 1: I don't see in the gas at all. Where is it, Cowie, It's invisible. But then how do I know it's even air?
Speaker 3: Billy says, to think about a balloon. If you blow up a balloon, what happens?
Speaker 2: It gets bigger?
Speaker 3: Exactly, that's because you filled it with gas.
Speaker 2: Well, but how does gas make berks?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Sometimes when you eat or drink you swallow a little air. It travels down your esophagus.
Speaker 2: Wait, with sucks in us? That is gross? So gross.
Speaker 3: No, the only socks you have are on your feet. The esophagus is part of your body. It's a tube that goes all the way from your throat to your stomach.
Speaker 5: Do I have asa agus gussus an esophagus?
Speaker 4: Yes, we all do.
Speaker 1: That's a really long word. Yeah, I don't think I can even say it.
Speaker 3: Esophagus is a tricky word. It's okay if you can't say it. Maybe just think of it as a long straw.
Speaker 1: I think the esophagus sounds like a long stroke in your throat to your DEMI.
Speaker 4: That's a good way to remember it at Lisa.
Speaker 3: And if you swallow extra air, then your body does not need Sometimes it travels back up the esophagus, and yes, it comes out as a burp. And thank you Billy for covering your beak and saying, excuse me. Sometimes I bourb When I eat really fast, Does that mean I ate air? Yes, when you eat too fast, sometimes you do swallow a little extra air.
Speaker 2: Do drinks make you burp?
Speaker 3: They can, especially drinks with bubbles in them, like soda.
Speaker 4: Can you guess why?
Speaker 1: Because bubbles have air like bons.
Speaker 2: I like to blow bubbles. I love to pup bubbles.
Speaker 3: Gas is what makes balloons and bubbles and burbs excuse me, yes.
Speaker 4: And burps. Now you know the science of burping.
Speaker 5: Burps are actually pretty interesting, but still a little ouie too.
Speaker 3: Well, Ingo kids listeners, we had a great time today. Thank you for helping our friends learn why we burp and how good manners make people feel comfortable when we do. In our next episode, we will continue play learning to together