Speaker 1: Cool media.
Speaker 2: Yo. We bike.
Speaker 1: Season three sucker MC. You know what I'm saying, States is real high. It's an election year. But to celebrate season three, we've been dropping some mixtape songs. We started at the end of season two, dropping tracks like Yemense Beans where I wrapped on the beats that my man Matt Alsowski be making. You heard the new theme right, the new theme song on this that's one of the tracks too. That's the Wednesday drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah dog.
Speaker 1: Now listen, we got new music coming out and first track in honor.
Speaker 2: Of season three is all at your Blur.
Speaker 1: Bahomie Chad saying you don't need a different star. I know Chad's name is Chad, but listen.
Speaker 2: He's different.
Speaker 1: Don't work well, y'all looking for some version that's something worthy your glove. I feel it to the really spools Kate even holds you to good Politics mixtape up and running. We're dropping a song available on all platforms now ish called This newest song is called let Me Highlanch player available on all platforms. Pre save link is in the show notes doc.
Speaker 2: This mug is so fun man. We got a few more.
Speaker 1: We'll release it for you, but you can check it out on my Spotify on Matt Spotify. My Spotify is propaganda. My all of my music stuff is propaganda. Anyway, step figured out how to put the music on the Hood Politics feed. But point is, we got a other politics mixtape, Enjoy. Oh you a hater, You ain't willing to cater to this links and tarrotles of modern Farrell's and cable news and it was all cool to the Ghostoppo came for you all that pa, you gotta pay y'all. This year, just twenty twenty four came out swinging. It's absolutely wonderful in a year that has promised to be one of the most enraging doom scrolling. This this is a doom scrolling year. Like we we notice, and we all know how bad doom scrolling is. But this gift that the one and only Kat Williams gave us a pimp name slick Back. Like, y'all, Kat don't do interviews, He don't really pop out.
Speaker 2: He just do his movies, play his roles.
Speaker 1: You see him, you know, pop in on the Zeigeist and like, but he's the butt of a joke about how all he all drugs all these kids blah, blah blah on Shannon Sharp's podcast, the quote this man gave he takes a sip of Shannon Sharp's special Kanyak Kat is just spurraying every possible black comic. It just comics that he was like, y'all ain't put in no work. Y'all claiming to be the kings, y'all really not kings. And the thing about this is again, Kat, don't ever talk like that's what And he essentially was like, y'all can say whatever y'all want about me, that's absurd. But once you started slandering Bernie, it was like, all right, and then starts saying, you know, wild stuff that's clearly a lie, and nobody's calling nobody's calling these people on it. Anyway, Shannon Shannon Sharp on his club Shay Shay, which is the name of his pod, was just gobsmacked and just had there was no reason to stop the man from talking. He was just going in, just letting the man talk. And then some other comics were catching some strays and then Shannon was like, Yo, why you gotta throw this nigga under the bus.
Speaker 2: That was funny do.
Speaker 1: Eat funny you funny dudekat just turns, takes a sip of the comnac with his pinky up and says, you have an unnatural allegiance to losers and it is not like you. We got to talk about the Nikki Haley and Ron Desanti's town last night.
Speaker 2: Politic y'all, Yo, good politic.
Speaker 1: Ron, Hey, y'all, New Year, First episode.
Speaker 2: Of the year. Man, Old man, Old man, Welcome to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I told y'all I was gonna be y'all's guide for this crazy election, and let's gone get started.
Speaker 2: So today's January fourth, No.
Speaker 1: Fifth, Today's January fifth that I'm recording this usually, like I said, I'm four episodes ahead, but I had to jump in and make this to a front of the line passed because so much has happened this weekend and I can't let it. I can't let too much time go in between us talking about this. I already got one in the can about Trump's cases about not being on the ballots. We already got one of George Santos and just the final party in Christmas Gift, we got of him. We got one about Nicki Haley being the black thought of the Republican Party I'll explain later. Just staying with us, we got to talk about this just incredible race for second place. This is the most tightly contested Consolation Prize red ribbon situation I've ever seen. Like these fools is going for it. I could be wrong, you know, we all could be wrong, as we know, and as what twenty sixteen and twenty twenty has taught us is that polls don't mean nothing that I think. I've said this so many times on our podcast. Polls in a lot of ways, are like Yelp reviews or Google reviews. You have to feel really passionate one way or another to actually leave a review. Most people don't be leaving. Now, reviews on podcasts is different. That's because we be asking y'all too. But most of the time, and even in how many podcasts you listen to, you never review. How many restaurants you go to, you've never reviewed because even the ones you like, even the ones you don't like, because it's not that serious. So a lot of times most people don't.
Speaker 2: Most people don't leave reviews. So I know when I'm in a Poland place.
Speaker 1: First of all, if I'm in a Poling place, it's two thousand and nine number one.
Speaker 2: Because I mail my ballots in.
Speaker 1: So, first of all, you already a type of person if you actually going to the thing. Secondly, if you're not in a hurry and you got time to actually complete a survey. How many times you done call it into something and they said stay on the line and complete this five question survey?
Speaker 2: How many times you stayed online?
Speaker 1: So all that to say, we could be wrong, but as of today, you have an unnatural alliance to losers and that is not like you. Why is y'all giving these people any time in the first place? Is the point that Kat is making. It is what I'm gonna talk about. I don't understand why y'all even arguing this stuff, but we're gonna get into it. Let's talk about this strange alliance of losers now. But before I do that, y'all, this Kat Williams episode on Shannon Shar's podcast has taken up. I mean, if you anywhere near people of color, sports or comedy, then this somehow has taken over your feed in a way that things have not taken over our feed like this in a long time. Part of why, again, is because Kat usually don't be talking and then secondly because he aim and took shot at everyone, no one was safe. Ricky Smiley, Kevin Hart, the Kings of comedy, said the entertainer Steve.
Speaker 2: Harvey, no one was safe.
Speaker 1: And then to be fair and balanced, he talked about who we have respect, we respect DL He He's like, that's a real one. Dave Chappelle. He was really outside like he would. He talked about his past, the craft, the amount of shows he's done, the years he's put in being on comic view and creating all this stuff, you know, set some set some rumors straight, like the man.
Speaker 2: The man went in.
Speaker 1: They asked him about Kanye at his points about Kanye was brilliant, where he was just like, I don't understand, like we made him a celebrity.
Speaker 2: All agreed that he has.
Speaker 1: A mental illness, and then it's very cruel of us to just watch him do these things and continue to put him in situations that triggers those things and then laugh at him when he does what we all know he's gonna do. He was like, that's cruel. It breaks his heart. Such a kind response. Then he said some other stuff about his past that might be mythmaking I don't know about like being able to read when he.
Speaker 2: Was seven whatever, That's not what we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: He got enough enough for the people he named Ludacris, era of the people he named, enough for them to clap back, enough for them to make statements and respond to it, which is which means is like, like, goddamn cat, just some of the most amazing one liners he's he said, Oh man, he talked about this girl Wanda in Not Wanda Sykes, who's like a g He talked about this Girlwanda in Atlanta. That basically was like, you were referring to me derogatorily as a gay man or as part.
Speaker 2: Of the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 1: And he was like, gay people don't really like it when you use the idea of gay as derogatory. So he was like, so why would you do that to try to down me? And he goes in a community I'm not even a part of. I have no issues with the gay with the gay community, but to use it as a slur, that's why she got canceled.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn nigga, Like, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went in this he said to said the entertained it looked like a walrist, like it's his his hands don't reach his weights. He was this is said, said be stealing his jokes. He was like, the man don't write, And then you could immediately go to x Twitter and see clips of said actually stealing jokes.
Speaker 2: It's just oh man, it was masterful.
Speaker 1: But the one I'm zoning in on was when he was talking about faiseon Love and Faison is the guy who played big Worm in Friday.
Speaker 2: What's that big part?
Speaker 1: I mean big Worm, Like, I don't think you applying yourself now now we can. Big Worm was an amazing character in the show, like in the movie big Worm's hilarious, Like I think Faison's funny. I'm with Senna and I think he's funny. Does he have any stand up specials? No? And cats like because he's not that good cats like he wasn't in Next Friday because his role wasn't that great.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not in Hollywood, don't.
Speaker 1: Right, But it was in Shannon Sharp defending in a way that I'm.
Speaker 2: He's like, what was wrong with Big Word?
Speaker 1: You have an unnatural alliance to losers and that is.
Speaker 2: Not like you, Like he was.
Speaker 1: So disappointed that you are defending this man. And because again Shannon Sharp, that's he's a Hall of Famer in the NFL, so he would say he was like and the argument that Kat was making was like, Bro, you can't just you shouldn't stand for a dude who's on steroids juicing talking about I'm the greatest player alive. You shouldn't even be in a conversation. You wasn't even in the gym. You cheated you if you was on steroids, you can't be in the convo. So that was Kat's point. It's like, bro, like y'all went straight to movies, Like, you wasn't outside with us, You wasn't in the gym. You like, I don't want to hear it from you. He was like, people like Earthquake, people like DL hughsley Day in the late great legend Bernie Mack. He's like they legends, they was in the gym. You can take nothing from them. I will stand for no slander for them. That's we're a team of winners attitude. But alas Republican Party, y'all really out here with these two second places talking about which one of y'all got the best silver medal? Now, with all that being said, let's let me the all jokes aside. We have an episode. Like I said that, I called her the black thought of the Republican race right now, and what I mean by that is a whole episode about it. But what I mean by that is like when you are technically on paper, probably the best choice, but you ain't gonna win, is what I mean by that. If you are again we're talking about within their house, if you are within within the Republican house, if you just looking at pound for pound, paper for paper. See, the problem with Nikki Haley is she got actual ideas. Listen, I'm not a fan, and as we go through this, I'm gonna critique some of the stances she stands on. And I'm obviously I'm a drag round to saying this. No, I'm not gonna drag him. Let me not say that. I'm gonna critique some of the stances he has and let y'all decide for yourselves. I ain't gonna drag either one of them. I'm just gonna tell you what I would tell you what they trying to say. Anyway, Nikki Hayley seems to keep making a mistake that Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton made which is actually answering the question, which is actually having policy ideas that she could articulate. Rather than saying we should do this, she's saying we should do this.
Speaker 2: This is how you do it.
Speaker 1: Here's where I did it over here, and here's why I believe it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: It's all paper.
Speaker 1: Like I'm trying to tell you, like you can't take it from nim Marita. You know what I'm saying, Nimarada, that's her actual name. You can't take it from her. She actually she actually got plans. And one of my arguments will happen with Elizabeth Warren despite the fact that I don't know what it is about our country, but we just we just can't stand a woman being smart. But one thing about her was the fact that when she answered the question, she actually answered. She didn't play to the crowd. It wasn't too much of a nerd like you actually had ideas.
Speaker 2: She's got a plan. That's what happened with Hillary. Hillary was like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I was Secretary of State. I've been around Washington. We tried this at this time. Here's what we went wrong. Here, here's what I think we should do so you answered the question with actual policies. You can't do that standing next to no class clown. We need hits, that's what look lyrics. Lyrics don't make number one. Get to the chorus before you bore us. That's look. If you want to hit unless you Kendrick Lamar, you want that radio hit, buddy, you gotta you can't. You can't just be coming here barring out. Were trying to sing along? I need eight bar versus twelve bar choruses, a bridge, four bar versus another chorus, a EDM breakdown and some sort of booty shaking. Why don't what else is we doing? I just I don't understand why you're trying to like rap. I mean it just don't it don't be. Who's the number one and number two streamed artist hip hop artist by a mile last year twenty twenty three, Drake and nl E Chopper like not even close.
Speaker 2: I mean they not barring out.
Speaker 1: I mean Drake can bar out, but that's not y'all don't know those songs, you know, turn a O two into a oh three, that's what you know, because bars don't do it. But there's a whole episode about that anyway, and Ron DeSantis, the reality is he got all the toxicity that you like about Trump and none of the toxicity you don't like about Trump.
Speaker 2: The man know how to behave in public.
Speaker 1: He know how to keep the chaos controlled while at the same time carrying the same egregious ideas. He know how to weaponize your own disbeliefs and your own prejudices to his advance. He got everything you love about Trump the sentist can do. And actually, last night January fourth, at the thing, and it was finally like, oh, I see why people like you. It looked like somebody sent him to the gym as to how to present yourself, you know, because obviously the man is he not likable, Like you're just like you look at him, You're just like, this guy's a dick, Like that's usually how he comes off. Yesterday he came off a little more civilized, like, oh, I can see why y'all like him. I wholeheartedly disagree with him, but I'll see why y'all like him. Man's got a couple points, and he's able to present his points in a way that if you're not careful, you might be like, oh, damn, I think I agree with that, but that's because he knows how to talk. Now, he got everything Trump got. Even the fact that we are calling them consolation prizes.
Speaker 2: Is such a sign as.
Speaker 1: To where we are in our stage of democracy and whatever the Republican Party is becoming.
Speaker 2: But let's get to it, all right, we're back.
Speaker 1: Also, side note in the studio with me sitting at her desk, is refer to her by her prefix, my lovely spouse dr Almazerago.
Speaker 2: So say what's up over there?
Speaker 1: He's up? Shout out the LG listeners, remember in the Red House podcast and you know all the stuff that this all originated from. She just too busy to do podcasts. It just is what it is. I've tried to convince her, even on our Patreon. She's got other stuff to do, and I respect it. She taught me what boundaries mean. Anyway, what they're doing now, which I think is actually I think it's great they're doing these rather than just having this shouting match with eleven people on stage where you really can't hear what these people have to say. Is they're doing these what they're called town hall meetings. Now, I don't get me wrong, this isn't a town hall meeting Stan episode, because there's some serious problems with this thing, right. The questions are definitely pre screened and written clearly, not by the person asking the question, like it's something. There's a lot of This is obviously theater their lobs to and I.
Speaker 2: Bet you maybe it probably written.
Speaker 1: I don't know this, but they probably written by the campaign team to get the person to answer these sort of questions that they want answered so get their message out. I get it. It's theater. Okay, okay, now listen to me. I'm let me talk to you player.
Speaker 2: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: When you talk to a liar, let them answer the question. And it's not so much to catch them in the lie, but it's to understand what they deem important to lie about. It's understand the way that their brain works. All information is good. It tells you some about that person, about what they hold as valuable and what they're trying to actually convey. So even if these questions ain't real questions, they softy, they love they you know, they love. The person even stands up and says, hey, this person from this district or this county or this city, they're a registered Republican they're probably going to vote for you, or they're probably going to vote for this person, or they're undecided.
Speaker 2: Here's their question. Come on, fam, you know it. Don't piss on up back and tell me it's raining.
Speaker 1: So there's a part of it that's clearly corny, but it's helpful because we get to hear them and what they're trying to project about themselves and how they want to present them to the world. All that shit is valuable. So they had Ron de Santisco first. Ron's must is the nigga is not likable. What I believe his goal coming out of this was like, I need y'all to like me like I came off. I'm losing because niggas don't like me like y'all used to love me. You just showed yourself to be a weirdo, and Niggi was dragging him. Niggi had jokes. He had to show himself to be likable. He understood he was playing from behind, So you got to get into the gym. And I'm gonna say he went into the gym. I'm like, I'm gonna give him his credit. He polished up his game. He didn't look as ridiculous and unprepared and like he's doing his best human impression, Like he seemed very comfortable in this position. Now what was he talking about? So again, First of all, I'm gonna say mission complete. You needed to seem likable. Second one is you needed to stop seeming like a bitch when it came to Trump.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna run against him?
Speaker 1: But you still, you know, smelling his booty every time you get a chance. Why is you not taking shots at him? Again, I'm gonna say he threw a few shots at him. He was like, this, nigga is not pro life. Everything he said he was gonna do he didn't do. He's like, it's not so much that I don't like the guy. I'm just saying, like I actually agreed with what he said he was gonna do. He just ain't doing it. So why should we give you a second chance? You had four years to do the shit you said you was gonna do. Now you're gonna tell us again you're finna do the same thing you said you was gonna do. And then he was like, Nigga, you're a lame duck Like this, we can only get four years from you, so why, Like, why is we do you messy? Like, why is we worried about all this? And he's like, in January sixth is unacceptable, like I don't understand. But again then again, but I like the shit he talked. I like what he was gonna do. I'm just gonna actually do it to shave my nigga to Shay, which is also a Cat Williams reference to shave my nigga too, Shay. Now, when you ask about shooting guns, what you think he thinks? He thinks exactly what y'all think. He thinks, I'm not going to take away your guns. I think we need to harden schools now. I don't know if you ever heard about a hard location. Nice, no, but a hardening a location means what we do at airports, federal buildings, state buildings, where there's a security and there's one entrance, so you put a security guard there, you got your metal detector. You can only go through that entrant. Maybe you could set up multiple one entrance like an airport, right, but the point is there's no side doors, there's no other access. You got to go through this point. So their argument for how we keep our school safes is we make them like the airport, metal detectors and guns. Now, as somebody from LA who lived through the metal detector era, the clear backpack era, a man, I don't know how much safer I felt, but there is a lot of like research. Part of my wife's doctoral program is the feeling of safe. It might the school now looks like a prison, has got surveillance cameras and security guards and metal detectors and buzz in and buzz out things to get in and out of the school. It's just like a jail uniforms. But you do the students feel safer? Is it actually gonna do it? Either way?
Speaker 2: That's his argument.
Speaker 1: They asked him about the mandatory three day weights for your gun permit, and there's some right now. It's in a legislator in Florida to be like are we going to end that? And he's like, I think it should be instantaneous. It's like there's such thing as the internet should have to wait three days full. You can run a background check right here. It doesn't have to take that long, was his argument. Now, counterpoint could be the three days is more for the buyer to be like, do you really need a gun? Like I'm gonna give you three days to think about it.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 1: He thinks that behavioral threat assessments, which is something that they already do, which essentially is again it's another way of like a background check. You could do it with the child, is you run a behavioral threat assessment. Now, behavioral threat assessment is something that does happen in school psychology. It is something that again since I worked with inner city kids and worked in juvenile halls, it is something that we do kind of look at. You understand a person's history, understands how volatile they situation is, and their mental stability, their access to weapons, who they're around, all this good stuff. And since I'm out of the classroom, I can't really tell you what it looks like. Now I've been out the classroom for a while, I can tell you that, in my experience, the cost benefit analysis is something that is left wanting to me. I think there was part of me that was as a teacher that was like I would get these kids with like severe autism or actually better yet very light autism, like somewhere on the spectrum of Aspergers and stuff like that. There was some times where their parents didn't even want to tell me that because they said they didn't want their kids to be treated different. Now I'm talking about a bunch of different things because and I'm talking about the state of California.
Speaker 2: There was an IEP.
Speaker 1: Which had more to do about a student's individual education thing. Then there was a five or four plan what had to do with their behavioral and then there's the threat assessment thing that we talking about right here. So there's a lot of different things files they have on our kids. But so I'm kind of jumping around that ended up putting me in a very weakened position because I should treat them differently because they have different needs. So like, it's almost unfair to your child. I'm about to set your child up for failure because you don't want me to treat them, but I should.
Speaker 2: I understand what they mean.
Speaker 1: But you're putting both of us at a disadvantage now because I'm going to trigger something in this child that is not fair to them. Had I known that that was a situation, I wouldn't have done that to them.
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 1: Understood I had a kid who wouldn't let go of her towel. She had a tow like she had a towel, and I was like, why is you carrying a put the towel down. Can we do the work? She's just like I can't. I was like, baby, you drag in we're while. I was like, babe, you're dragging a towel, Like can you You have to pick up your towel. You're dragging it. Who's walking to the pool? You dragging a towel? And then I was like, listen, if you don't pick up this towel, I'm gonna have to carry it for you because you're just gonna get dirty. She couldn't pick up a towel. So I was like, baby, give me the towel. So I took the towel and I was care of. I was like, I want to get dirty. She had a meltdown I've never seen in my life. Yeah, no one told me she's autistic. If you'd have told me she was, I would have never taken a fucking towel say something right. So there's a part of it that's like it helps us all. There's another part of it, though, that puts a lot of times. It always breaks this way black and brown boys in a situation where we're now ear marked as trouble. So in a scenario where you could be like a Kendrick, like a good kid in a mad city, or like myself who just happens to be around all this stuff, I don't I don't have any of the desired I'm not I'm not really outside like that. Whereas you you have another kids, straight a student knows how to shut up, but it's like a murderer and that and that kid that's like it's straight a knows how to shut up, but as a murderer is actually selling ecstasy pills. That's a white boy, so you don't y'all don't notice his delinquency. He gets a boys will be boys type situation. We get a you're you're on your pathway to criminal. So there's a part of that that sometimes can be very detrimental to people of color. Now again, like I said, there's probably better ways to do this. I don't know how to stop a school shooter. I'm gonna tell you all right now. I don't know how to stop I don't know how to stop the ship. And I'm skipping ahead to Nicki. NICKI made a great argument too. It's like, I mean, we could ban ar fifteens. But that make you feel good for a little bit, but there's still they still don't shoot up the place. And then they both talked about mental health. Right now, there's a lot of taki taki muoaitaki taki, but all Rond de Santa said is we need to do something about mental health. Nikki had a better answer now concerning Trump, Like I said before, he was like, yo, basically, don't let the media fool you into saying that this is a done deal. Like y'all could really make a case, which is a great argument about the fact that you have a strange alliance to losers. And he was like, basically, like yo, Trump didn't deliver. He said he was going to secure our borders any again, secure our borders. Borders is just as poorous as they ever been. He pressed a fentanyl button. He was like, look, nigga, like fentanyl killing more people than any of our crime here combined. And he was like, I'm gonna solve all that shit. He was like, this birthright citizenship shit is like it's cheating too, And that's when Prop went, hold up, hold up, okay, now unpacked this. Let's unpack this fentanyl thing. Okay, number one, let's unpack that.
Speaker 2: So they have.
Speaker 1: Both of them are on some like catch and deport rather than catch and release. Right, His answer to solving is like, I'm gonna deport you immediately. Morally you up, I'm gonna shoot on site. I'm gonna catch you. And if you got fittinel on you, yeah, it's up to which somebody asked him, it's like, Yo, most people come here with just a backpack of some water. You just finsa how are you finsa say that? And he was like, look, dude, it's not like we're really gonna like just shoot on site. Like it's like it's military. So again he's like, I'm a strengthen the border, put something, you know, it's all it's all the same, hits right, he just said it nicer. But what made me give me pause was this idea of relooking at the fourteenth Amendment, the birthright citizenship thing. Now, his little history about that the birthright citizenship situation came from the dread Scott case. Black folks know this case, it's about your right as a citizen. This case was essentially around are black people's citizens once they've been freed? Because can you once this once this guy, this is the story. Once once this slave got on a train, got up out of the South and was living as a free man.
Speaker 2: I'm here, I'm here, like we're done. Like i'm here, I'm freeman.
Speaker 1: Can a slave owner up this man down and bring him back to this slavery? So the Missouri Compromise, there's a lot of history. The Missouri Compromise was the idea of, like, every time we add a new state, this is all pre Civil War, every time you add a new state to the Union, you got to add a slave state. Every time. If there's a free state, there's a slave state. It had to be equal. That was the Missouri Compromise. This dude, dread Scott broke free, escaped from slavery, made it up to a free state. And the idea was, now that I'm here, nigga, I'm free. I live here. I signed my little X on the dotted line I'm free. But they was like, nah, but you my property, nigger, right, So if I could come get you, if I could find you, fuck your citizenship, nigga, like you belong to me. I didn't sign shit. I don't remember signing your freedom papers, nigga, you still you still mine? And the drag Scott case, the Supreme Court agreed, are you listening to me? The Supreme Court agreed that yeah, nah, if he finds you, nah, you really your original state, you actually belonged to that man, which meant that the Missouri Compromise didn't mean shit, because that meant that Saint Louis, which at the time was a free state or free city in Missouri, you all rights don't matter, nigga, Like, and they was like wait, wait, wait, wait no, because he lived here. Nope, no, he don't. He ours. So the fourteenth Amendment was designed to like fix that shit, to say a nah, fam you can't just no, that's not how that worked. If you're born here, you're a citizen. Because again, the Black Codes un lestally our lessons here. The Black Codes was right during the reconstruction, right after the mass spaced Proclamation Thirteenth Amendment, slaves were freed. What they did to try to stop black people from voting was because if you're a citizen, you could vote, and it was like, well, you're eligible to vote if your granddaddy was free. Well, clearly nobody of African descent had a free granddad. We were just freed, so it was trying to so anyway, the fourteenth Amendment was supposed to fit that, and what DeSantis Are argument is to use that to cover immigration what they call anchor babies, meaning if a person comes here illegally and has a child, does that child get to be a citizen? And it's like, niggad do they're born here? And he's like, you're using the fourteenth Amendment in a way that it wasn't meant to be used. Now, if I were you, I would know that, Gee, this sounds like a really nice, professionally packaged way to be incredibly racist towards immigrants.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna let.
Speaker 1: Y'all figure that out, because again, you're smart enough to make your own decisions.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that's how it sounds to me, because I'm like, how are you going to decipher that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say, if your parents are immigrants, or if your parents are illegal immigrants, but you were born here, then therefore you don't get to be a citizen because your parents weren't citizens, then where is that child a citizen of?
Speaker 2: Just anyway, I'm just saying it's.
Speaker 1: A weird legal argument to just try to keep people you don't like out. That's what it looks like to me. But he say it so nice again because he polished up. He don't sound like a bumbling racist like like your boy Trump.
Speaker 2: Would he say it nicer?
Speaker 1: Now, as far as education, what he claimed to be was that Florida was ranked number one in education. Now, a simple Google would tell you it's Florida ranked number one in education. Obviously you should understand that that means a lot of different things. And what Florida is ranked number one in education in is what is called educational freedom, which is some made up shit. Okay, Because again, which state is ranked number one? And ed the first the first link will tell you which state is number one in education is Massachusetts has the best ranked public schools in the United States and the second most educated state, just behind the District of Columbia. About ninety point four four percent of Massachusetts adults have high school diplomas and forty two point nine percent of bachelor's degree or higher. So whatever the fuck he talking about number one in is not what he's communicating to y'all.
Speaker 2: So just every politician do it.
Speaker 1: But just know when he say Florida number one education He mean educational freedom, meaning our white people comfortable.
Speaker 2: N let's just be real with y'all. Now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, last thing about the centus is his whole thing about being the only one that served in the military. I served in the military. I served our country, so I know what it's like. I far be it from me to ever drag a veteran. I just want to make sure I understood the way y'all thought about it. So I just put it out on my Instagram and I googled it. I was like, Okay, he served, how did he serve? So he deployed with the Seals as a legal advisor in the Navy, a lieutenant that was a legal advisor to the Seals, and in Guantanamo Bay.
Speaker 2: A legal advisor. So he was not a Seal. He was not in common I'm bad.
Speaker 1: He was advising on the legality of their moves.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, I'm not a VET. My father is. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know does that count? I just you tell me? So I asked, and most people was like, listen, dude, I'm gonna summarize what most people said that were actual vets, that it counts with an asterisk. It counts in the sense that anybody serves anyboy service, but you were, but he is a pencil pusher. I don't believe none of this stolen valorshit like, don't act like you saw if you if you out here cappin like you saw some heat, then fuck you. But service is service. So I thought that that was an interesting thing. Now to me, the vibe I'm getting from it is he's capping as if he was really outside. But again, I am not going to you never know what people went through. I'm not gonna take away that stuff, that stuff from him. But nigga, you ain't no, you ain't no John McCaine, my nigga, like you wasn't a captured pow Cuz, like nigga, you was looking at a screen and just giving advice.
Speaker 2: I mean, again, it's more than I've done.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it sounds like kap but either way, and then finally, I already said last thing. But finally, what I noticed about how he the game he figured out is he only said woke once like somebody got in his ear and was like, you gotta stop talking about this shit if you want to be liked by more people than this. You got to figure out how to stop being so you're the anti woke guy. It sounds like you have one note, especially when you went after Disney, it was like, what the what are you doing? Like we talked about the indie artist's guide to running a campaign is just because some work locally, don't mean to work nationally. So this is the national stage, nigga. You gotta stop doing all that like cargo drill, like nigga. Everybody ain't into that shit. You know, I'm gonna keep it real nigga. So okay, whatever, somebody got in his brain and was like, you gotta stop talking all that woke shit. If you want more people to vote for you, you gotta start making most sense. He was real polished, but again, if you paying attention, he gonna do this. He promising to do the same ship Trump said. He just actually know how to govern. He's slick enough to actually get some of this shit done. Now, if that's your jam, Nigga is out. If that's how you move, that's your vocus.
Speaker 2: Next, Nikki, we're back.
Speaker 1: So Nima Rata, I think I think her Indian name is though I don't know why she's gonna go by it.
Speaker 2: Well, I do know, but anyway, she jump up on the stage.
Speaker 1: Now I wouldn't have made this comment, but my wife noticed it.
Speaker 2: I will defer to her.
Speaker 1: That has to do with anything women's you know, virtue sig signaling femininity. I would have not commented about her dress because I thought that's what you weren't supposed to do that, especially like nobody comment about men's clothes, Like why are you commenting about women's clothes?
Speaker 2: So I was not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: But my wife walked in as I was watching this, and she was just like, are they Republicans?
Speaker 2: I was like yeah.
Speaker 1: She was like she got that fifty style dress on. She trying to harkenhim back to the She's like, only conservative women do that. They be trying to harken back to this like conservative values thing. So they visually dressed themselves, like you noticed how Hilly Clinton was always in in pantsuits. She was like, yeah, I'm hark you're harkening back to something by your auth. I was like, I thought you weren't supposed to talk about women's clothes. She was like, I'm making a point about what they communicating I'm like, damn, I wouldn't have thought of that. I thought Niggis dress is cute. Yeah, I'm be honest with you, but I wouldn't go say nothing about it anyway. I forgot to talk about COVID with the santis. He basically he stands by his I brought this up out of nowhere because I'm looking at my notes, basically stands.
Speaker 2: By his record. He was like I did right. I chose.
Speaker 1: He's like, there's only one virus out of a million viruses that are around in the world. I chose human connection over the virus. That's your move. That's your move. Now, Nicki jumps up her musts is basically like she needs to just she needs to maintain her lead.
Speaker 2: She has this tone of being the adult in the room.
Speaker 1: Like I said, she's black thought, she's clearly the greatest lyricist in the in the batch. Again, this episode's coming soon, you know, she's and again, like I said, she actually got plans and she needs to prove that right, So now she need a de throne.
Speaker 2: The de throne trumps now the.
Speaker 1: First question because it just happened at Iowa was a school shooting. First day of school somebody got shot up. What was her answers about that, basically the same when you talk about mental health, we need to harden locations. But then what she did different than the same entsis she explained what harden locations mean.
Speaker 2: Damn okay.
Speaker 1: Then after that she was like, these are my plans for mental health. She was like, we don't have enough crisis centers. She was like, we don't need it. We don't have enough addiction centers. She was like, a lot of that stuff comes from addiction. When you can't get the help you get, you start leading the drugs. When you don't get the drugs you need, you start turning into violence. She was like, we need addiction centers, right, And she goes, and even if that, even if you in both of those situations, not like your insurance covers it, damn nigga facts. And I'm like, okay, so you're going to make sure our insurance covers it. She ain't respond to that though, but still, I mean, you the first Republican I heard actually had an idea about those things.
Speaker 2: There's that. Next they asked her about Trump, and she said the same thing.
Speaker 1: She was like, look, I like it, it's just and again, this weird dance they got to do around him. She was like, look, man, I believe he was the right guy for that time, but the reality is chaos follows it.
Speaker 2: Good answer.
Speaker 1: And then she was like, and strategically, we don't know if he can be Biden. It's like this, it's a nail her. She's like, in every poll we reading, I can beat him by I could be biting by at least fifteen points.
Speaker 2: Again, like we said earlier, do you trust polls? I don't know.
Speaker 1: And she could also say some stuff that we can't verify. But she could say like, look, dude, I was the one telling Trump like, bro, you' finna be your worst enemy.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with all the moves you making.
Speaker 1: And she has some track records where she kind of differed from what he wanted this nigga.
Speaker 2: And here's where you got to stand. Put your antennas on.
Speaker 1: She was like, and the last thing about this nigga is like he'd he'd just be closing up to dictators. I don't understand why he liked dictators so much. That's not good for us. Food is fool's Like you're congratulating Putin for his strength, like I don't understand you're out there complimenting jijingping out there in China after China gave us COVID, to which the record scratched.
Speaker 2: For me, I was like, China gave us COVID. That's out.
Speaker 1: Oh again, slide slide that shit in y'all. Y'all caught that China gave us COVID. That's a weird way to talk about the spread of a SARS coronavirus, that China gave it to us. My nigga, like, you understand, that could have happened anywhere, but she don't really fuck with China, which comes clearer later She revealed her cars there. That's why I was like, let them talk, because you won't let them talk because you gonna hear what they really think. And it's really weird for a woman of color, for a brown woman to say something like that. At least that's what I think. But either way, that's what happened. As far as the borders, same thing, more agents she wanted to do to remain in Mexico situation. She's like, look, just don't even come here. Process of in Mexico. She want to do the same thing, catching deport she was talking about illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: She was like, but no, that's what she's all about. I legal.
Speaker 1: She's like with elite, with legal immigration. Here's something interesting about her. Or she's a child of immigrants. She's like, Yo, speed up the process. It's absurd, Like it shouldn't take fifteen years now for me that actually resonates because of my in laws.
Speaker 2: It took a niggas fifteen years. Do everything right, you know what you mean? Tell me? If I do everything right, this could happen.
Speaker 1: She also believes in not quotas but merit based immigration, basically meaning what are the jobs we need here?
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Okay?
Speaker 1: You can get in, which gets really gnarly probably in ways you haven't really considered because if you say that, if you're like, okay, look we need more agricultural workers, all right, you down to work the fields, okay, come through like you're just it's you. I mean, guys, it's Marxist, Like whether you know that's what's funny about that. It's like, that's guys, that's Marxist. Did she say, no, what does our economy need? It needs workers in this field and needs workers in this field, so we get those are it's Marxist anyway. Then they asked her about Governor Abbott in Texas about putting people in buses. She like, I'm with all that. You said you was a sanctuary city. I don't see what the problem is and you canna take them then?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Interesting, but that's what you feel, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: They asked her about the economy, which I'm gonna do a whole other episode on two, which really in as far as the numbers are concerned, maybe not the vibe, but the numbers are concerned. Economy is great, which is weird. I get it, but I'm gonna talk about that later. Yeah, the economy is great. It's like, I don't get it. But average home buyers forty nine, She was like, the American dream's gone, you know. She talked about that American dream stuff. She was like, Yo, we got to lower these interest rates, you know. And then she talked about how she was like, as a government, we spend way too much. Like we just spend too much. You gotta cut the credit card. She was like, go after this mad COVID fraud. Eliminade earmarks, take big old federal programs, make them state they shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Why we gotta pay for it?
Speaker 1: Then the big one came that I was waiting, and it was the slavery issue, the rebel flag issue, because you may or may not know, the Dillian Roof situation happened in her state, and the Queen Mother, Breknewsom was the woman that climbed up and took flag down from the state building. So she talked about her upbringing and she answered it, and she answered it thoroughly. She talked about her upbringing and it's such a dance to play with these Republicans. She talked about her upbringing being an Indian American family inside of South Carolina, which I cannot imagine the thing.
Speaker 2: And she admitted that she experienced racism.
Speaker 1: She said it very fast, and she was like, we had black friends, we had white friends. You would hear, you know, this narrative that racism was real. Again, somebody put her in the gym. You can't act like racism are real. You still a brown woman running for president. You cannot act like racism are real.
Speaker 2: And she did it.
Speaker 1: She was like, yeah, you know, of course I experienced racism growing up. You know what I'm saying. And she was like of course, you know, I didn't experience slavery, but the legacy of slavery is around all the time. She was like, she even said white supremacists. She let the word come out of her mouth. To her credit, now here's where propsa antenna's pop up. She said that when she would come home after experiencing racism, her or mom would say, hey, you know, your job isn't to show them how you're different, but to show them how you're similar, which sounds so beautiful. If you're talking to Republicans who just want to go back to brunch and act like there isn't a problem with race.
Speaker 2: We aren't we all the same, show them that we're similar. We're much more alike than we are different. I get it.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a good line to have, but it's also assimilation. It's not just show them how they're similar, it's become similar. And as a very fine line between that is you start falling a line with the dominant culture because it saves you from being other rising. There are certain things about you you can't You always had as skin color. Ain't nothing going to change that. You always eat the food you eat. But what you can do is go by Niki instead of the Marada. Show them how you similar. And for me, that made me think, that's how.
Speaker 2: You became a Republican governor.
Speaker 1: That's how you was able to survive in the Trump White House was because you was willing to show them how you were similar and become as similar as you possibly can.
Speaker 2: Listen, it sounds good. Now, this is me reading into that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, as a person of color, when I hear stuff like that, that's stuff I think about. I agree, we do have a lot in common, but it ain't my job to show you how much we got in common. It's my job to be myself. It's my job to bring my uniqueness to this table. But that's just that's what do I know. So then she talked about how she after the Dillion Roof shooting, you know, in the Charleston nine. She talked about after all that happened, how she brought different community, faith, and business and law enforcement leaders into a room and she was like, look, dude, I'm a call for that coming down, and I know everybody ain't gonna like it, but we're gonna take that rebel flag down. That's when I was like, Okay, you're doing some renew sim erasure. But to your credit, you did make it happen. Well, you didn't make it happen. You were made to make it happen. I don't know if you was going to do it, May, And I'm glad you did. I'm glad because you are. You were the governor. You could have stopped it, but you did. You're read the tea leaves good for you. And the rebel flag came down from in front of the courthouse or the yeah, the courthouse in South Carolina, but you walked into that building for years. She said she would be down to part in Trump and why she would be down to part in Trump because she was just like, it's just like it's kind of like the Knickson thing, like we just need to be on with it. Do it really due to country? Any good to have an eighty year old man sitting in jail? And she was like, a pardon means he was found guilty, So he'dn't already been found guilty. Like if we're at pardoning, what good does it do to have him sit in jail? Like you forget it, Doug, Like he's eighty something, he's not the president. He's like, in this scenario you're giving, she's the president heatn lost, he's been found guilty. We just need to move on, Like this is not going to help us as a country, fine unity by just having this man sitting in jail.
Speaker 2: That's her argument.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the country is ready for the president to be a woman? According to her, she's like, Ah, we've been ready, we just needed.
Speaker 2: The right woman. Sure, not sure I agree, but sure.
Speaker 1: Then they started talking about her foreign policy, which she started going in on China. And then once she started going in on China, she was like, look, them niggas are not our competition.
Speaker 2: They are our enemy.
Speaker 1: And then she leaned into all the scare tactics that China been doing. Right, they done bought acres of land, they done stole our secrets, which they have done both of those things. They got five hundred nukes and we still trying to sell them stuff. Them niggas is trying to wipe us out. Then she talked about this unholy alliance going way back to the eighties. She was just like China, Russia, and Iran all up on that, like you know, old school like military hawk eighties pre Trump Republican where it's like, nigga, we shoot. She talked like that. They was like, yo, you really talk like that old school like hawk thing. Remember, like the Republican Party has become more like isolationists, you know she owd school. She like, listen, the best way to secure peace is to make sure a motherfucker is so scared of us that them niggas will not do shit when we're around.
Speaker 2: That's her stance about.
Speaker 1: She's like, why we need to make sure Ukraine wins is because nigga Ukraine, because Russia already said after we take Ukraine, we going to Poland. That's a NATO nation. They go to Poland, we gotta go. So we need to make sure Ukraine wins, so we ain't gotta go over there. We need to make sure China so the fuck scared of us that we ain't got on. So she was like, I'm being a hawk for the purpose of peace. I mean sound like gangbanging to me anyway. That's the type of stuff she talked about. Then they talked about like how you're gonna get us to move on. She was like, look, I got some plans. This is how we're gonna drain the swamp.
Speaker 2: This is what I did. This what I did back in the state.
Speaker 1: I looked at every committee, every little program we had. I fired all the leaders. I was like, everybody got it, We're gon, we're gonna shake it up. Everybody gone, let's get new leadership and all of them. We're gonna do an autopsy on every one of these things. I mean, we're gonna do deep analysis. Cut the money quit. You know, if we got people that are just like bad apples inside of that thing, like Nigga, fire on people that's just if this ship that don't that don't make no money for us, let them go. She was like, I'm gonna replace all the heads of these agencies. I'm gonna get rid of problem children, because that's what I did back home. So when she talked about draining the swamp, didn't she received She like, this how I did.
Speaker 2: And that's what they own now.
Speaker 1: Final takeaways. I think they both shined. I think they both was in the gym and did their homework. They both took the show to Trump. They should have taken it, is my opinion. I think they weakness is it's still the same shit. You're still left with the choice of either the Trump Republican or the Bush Republican. Either you're finna be in a million wards under Nikki Haley, or it's gonna be a horrible place for a person of color, is my takeaway. Or you got four years of chaos from Trump. But either way, even the fact that we're discussing this means you have a natural alliance to losers, and that is not like hood politics, y'all, y'as