Speaker 1: All right, we are rolling another episode of Busting with the boys underway. As you can see, we have some wings sitting here. Are the are the wings in the shot? Let me grab them?
Speaker 2: So I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Nashville is a tough spot to grab wings and people are always looking for a good spot. You just had sixty of these bad boys where both cameras doesn't matter, bones clean the ones that aren't clean. It was probably JP is doing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But strike out strikeout wings in Nashville over in East Nashville.
Speaker 2: Are not East Nashville, but more like in the Burry Hill area. What do we get?
Speaker 1: Sweet heat, lemon pepper, the lemon Pepper's fire and uh, Cajun ranch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cajun ran sauce.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but hey, strikeout, strikeout has the wings. If you're in Nashville and you need a spot to go get wings, strikeout wings is where it's at.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Diving into the episode. Tough weekend, tough weekend for Nebraska. I'm leaning on the Nebraska thoughts right now.
Speaker 2: Raiders lost.
Speaker 1: Nebraska lost, Washington football team lost, Titans won. Thank god. I guess the Saints beat Washington. I mean I was on the Saints, like I helped turn that program around. Program like it's a uh but yeah, thank god the boys took care of business in Jacksonville. Could you imagine if we would have lost to Jacksonville after Urban Meyer? Like you know the memes on Urban Meyer all time. Right now, the Jacksonville Jaguars are down bad, and uh, I'm glad it stayed that way. They didn't want to touch Derrick Henry, Derrick Henry. They just make way for the King.
Speaker 3: You really don't want to play for Jacksonville?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made that one might not be in the cards for the boys. But before we get into it, you guys know the drill the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever sponsoring this podcas as the Chevy Silverado. Those boys are strong, advanced, dependable, hard working. Football season is in full swing and it's time to up your tailgating game. Fall means football and tailgating. Boys, It's time to tailgate around the strongest, the most fun Silverado too. Like we talk about strong, advanced, dependable, hardworking, but the Silverado is fun.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Number one Multiflex tailgates. So since it's tailgating, season. We got to talk about the tailgate. They have a multiflex tailgate with six convenient configurations. It'll give you a step up. It'll give you a step up on your tailgate game. There's a primary tailgate. You guys know that one is opens up with the push of a button on the keyfob or the inside of your truck. No more, you know, no more open it up manually. You can now just push a button. The inner gate folds into a large step for easily getting in and out of the bed.
Speaker 2: Here's the big one.
Speaker 1: There's an easy access configuration where the inner get eight folds down, allowing you to reach farther into the bed. No more belly flop and no more jumping into the bed. No more having your boys pull your ankles to pull you back out of the tailgate. They now have an easy access configuration where it does it for you. It helps you get in there deeper, no pause. It can also become a desk or a surface for your tailgating meal. I don't know, if you're seeing that commercial going around that you should be Silverado's doing during football season. The more the old man he's telling his boy he'll check it out I can work out.
Speaker 2: I can, I can.
Speaker 1: The tailgate is now a desk. I can send emails, like, look at me, I'm sending it a fake email right now. And the kid comes out that what are you doing. I'm doing emails.
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 1: He's like, you're working on the Chevy, and he's the kid didn't get the joke. He sent him inside because it's like, you know, hey, get the joke. But but you can now set your iPad up so you're watching the game, set up a monitor, whatever the case may be. While you're growing the dogs, while you're flipping burgers, grilling steaks, making baked beans. You can now do that on the tailgate of your truck. The Chevy Silverado is modern in advanced, with a ton of grit, and they're partnering getting absolutely everything done that you want done on your truck. The Silverado is as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. You go to a local Chevy dealership near you and let him know the boy sent you. Chevy's changing lives. We're hearing that what is it called, I'm drawing a blank? Not the tailgate, but the hatch hitch hitch, the trailer hitch Yeah, there's they're giving out free tail trailer hitches which purchase of the Chevy Silverado and remember tell them, hey, this is what the boys said. I don't know, I don't know why you're telling me now now, but here's what Will Compton said, we get a free trailer hitch. I'm hearing there's some buy one, get one deals out there going on. I don't know where you're gonna have to find them, but if you go to the right one, I hear they're throwing in a buy one Silverado get one free. Don't know where that is. And you can't quote me on that. That's not in the ad read but that's just what I have heard out there. But yeah, episode brought to you by and we can stop talking about Chevy instead of turning it into an entire episode. All right, diving into this episode, dude packed episode we got, we got. We're gonna start off with Scott Frost and trev Alberts. We went out to Nebraska this weekend. You guys all were aware if you follow us on social media, but we sat down with Trevor Alberts, the athletic director and the head coach. Scott Frost, the day before the Michigan game, and it was a blast.
Speaker 2: Those dudes had fun.
Speaker 1: The hardest part was we towed the bus out there and we're sitting out not a cloud in the sky, and it's upper eighties. It's like eighty six degrees out there. So we were back to our day one roots. We're sweating in there. Trev Alberts, he comes on, first guest we've had on, fully suited. You know, he's sweating his off in there. You should probably bleed that out bleep about the bleep out when I say, yeah.
Speaker 2: So bleepout, I got you. You don't have to repeat it, yeah, blue.
Speaker 1: About the part where I said working off just bleep bleep, blee bleep. Yeah, you know what I mean. But yeah, we got we got the bus out there. I was working hard to get that thing set up before the guests came on.
Speaker 2: Could you repeat that one more time? Did you say? I was working hard? All right?
Speaker 1: The boys JP and Garrett were working it, worked extremely hard and getting that bus taking care of when it got to Lincoln. We landed in them all at probably what eleven thirty, Yeah, eleven thirty drive to Lincoln. We get there at twelve thirty. We got to stop by Jimmy Johns. I was big on telling the boys, Hey, this were year old man used to go when he was back in college.
Speaker 3: Really, you know, I had never heard about it. I was very excited to go to Jimmy Johns.
Speaker 1: You never heard of Jimmy John's before that weekend. Yeah, I'm glad to have opened your eyes.
Speaker 2: It was a banger.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's only in Nebraska, right, Jimmy Johns. Yeah, here you go. So we get to the site.
Speaker 1: At probably what one o'clock, one o'clock and so we have forty five minutes to turn the bus around. The bus is there? Shit all over the bus. It wasn't put together yet. I'm hanging up neon signs. The boys are doing all the back end work. Go ahead, JP, I know you want to tell your story.
Speaker 3: I love I just love how Will keep saying. We got there. We had to set the bus up. It was hot. We were grinding. This is this is what Will was doing when we showed up. We got to the bus, we unlocked the bus, Garrett and I step on start going to work. Will pokes his head in. Remember we just came from Jimmy John's. We did not eat at Jimmy John's. We took it with us. He pokes his head in. You see a sandwich in his hand, and he goes, all right, y'allmy eat real quick and then sticks his head back out. Next time we see him, everything's all set up, and he just kind of slightly adjusts the neon signs and he's like, hey man, we did it.
Speaker 2: He going now, I'll put the neon signs up. Put one up. All right, it was one, but I couldn't help it. The bolts the things are too wide, so figure it out.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to break nothing, and y'all y'all mess with it more than I do, so I didn't want to. I don't want to mess with y'all. Had y'all were building it. I didn't want to start coming in put it together and then take full credit. I wanted you guys to kind of do your thing. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. We did our thing. Yeah, but we we talked about some spootober stuff, some spooky stuff that we're watching out there. Taylor crashes the pod for the Love of God with his Michigan's Fight Song Music Fight Song Music. We talk about the Nebraska game. Of course, we talk about a lot of stuff. What brought the Scott Frost and Trev Alberts segment to life is number one. The University of Nebraska. They reached out to me last Tuesday. We got it all put together. Last Wednesday we met about it. We're going back and forth on how we even make this work because I thought it would be impossible to get the bus out there, especially get out there and like shoot and do pods. But we got to shout out the Nebraska Social team, Nick Running the head of social out there. I hope I'm not butchering that that he's the head of the social department. But he got with the Athletic Department as Trev Alberts the a D.
Speaker 2: He was all in.
Speaker 1: They got Scott on with us as well. We had him for a good probably what was it thirty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes, yeah, thirty five minutes.
Speaker 1: And then from there it was figuring out how we could get everything paid for. Nebraska helped a lot, but first and foremost Raider Fan Radio Swaggy, Jeff and Murph thank you guys so much for getting the bus toed out there. They hooked it up with the tow truck driver threw a little bit in a sponsor the bus getting out there. Uh, Sid Dylan, Tim Peeper, the owner of Sid Dylan. I called him right away. They were like, Hey, is your guys a Chevy sponsorship? Is that national?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Can we kind of figure out any dealership? And I was like from right there, I was like, I'm gonna call Tim and get Sid Dylan on board because I used to detail cars for that man every summer minimum wage in the heat. I called him up on my heye, Tim, we're bringing the bus out. We need sponsorship money and I I worked my ass off for you in the hot summer heat. It's time to pay it back. So I came to collect. He laughed. He was all in about it. They helped get the bus out here. So shout out Sid Dylan the dealership out there. Go to SIDDLLN. If you're in Lincoln you want to buy a truck, go to Tim Peeper Sid Dylan Auto and tell them that Wilson and that's one of those buy one, get one free truck deals. And then also open Doors Blake Lawrence at open Doors, I called up Blake. Blake was all in at getting on getting the bus out there. The segment we have the open door's helmet sitting on there, but a big shout out to them for, you know, all these people for helping us get the bus out because we would not have been out there have people not been working overtime within twenty four hours to make these decisions.
Speaker 2: But that is why we got out there.
Speaker 1: So without going any longer, here's the Trev Alberts and Scott Frost segment of the episode. We talk a day before the game. We have a lot of fun with them. It was hot as hell. And then after that we're going to roll into the updated current pod that is of this week on Monday, October eleventh. Is when I am talking right now, So Scott Frost, Trev Alberts go big red black shirt till I die. The boys are the best three and fourteen in the country right now, could be should be uh seven to no? It sounds good? All right, boys, how are we doing?
Speaker 2: We're doing great.
Speaker 4: I'm doing good now that I'm here.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: We got two Husker legends, Like were you did? You guys didn't play together. You guys missed each other back a year, right.
Speaker 2: We just missed each other because you were at Stanford getting homesick. Yeah, yeah, and then.
Speaker 4: You were did you win in the NFL at that point?
Speaker 2: Were you were drafted third overall? No? Five five overall? Was it just injuries? Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was several things, uh, you know, but injuries primarily. I hadn't really ever been injured until I got to the NFL, and and uh hadn't really had to work through an injury. Yeah, so just sort of my between my elbow and both shoulders and that had enough.
Speaker 1: Was it like a mental thing since you hadn't been injured very much? And he finally you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I tried so hard.
Speaker 5: The mistake I made was I got I blew my elbow out my first game rookie year against the Seahawks, and I was so badly trying to show them that I was wanting to get back and you know, tough guy. And I played in the last five games that year, Yeah, which was really dumb because I wasn't healthy and I was protecting my elbow and that made my left shoulder go and then I kept coming back too fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it was the wrong scheme.
Speaker 5: I was a three to four guy, and I'd never really played you know, we were going to run a three four, That's why they drafted me. And then when I got to camp, they said they'd made a decision to change and never going to a fourth three, and they asked me what position I wanted to play. So I found myself playing defensive end at two hundred and forty pounds, head up, a tackle at three point thirty, and a tight end at two eighty. It didn't work out real well for me.
Speaker 1: Will Meanwhile, Scott's over here winning Natties with Nebraska.
Speaker 2: When I was.
Speaker 1: Watching cheer, what's it like being like being from the same generation win the National titles, Buckets Award winner, all this stuff? And now you guys are like running Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Well, Scott's running Nebraska. I'm just the athletic director.
Speaker 6: No, It's great having somebody on board that cares about this place as much as as everybody around the state, as much.
Speaker 4: As I do.
Speaker 6: And I think we got to We got a chance to get this improved and keep getting better, and I think we got a chance to take it where everybody wants it to be.
Speaker 1: Would it be fair to say you would have as your NFL career and everything ended that you would have preferred to be a black shirt over a quarterback because you got drafted in the third round. Everybody listening, he got drafted in the third round as a safety, and you're playing special teams like you're you're the you're the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, bro, I didn't play a lot of defense.
Speaker 6: They just said sit here on the bench until it's time for a kickoff or kick return, and then run out there and knock your head against somebody.
Speaker 4: And I made a living at it for while.
Speaker 2: Did you like it or would you have rather played? Would you rather played quarterback? Going into the NFL?
Speaker 4: I knew I wasn't gonna be a quarterback in the NFL. Those guys can throw.
Speaker 6: I was good enough to get the ball there in college when we threw twelve times a game.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I was a better athlete than I was quarterback.
Speaker 2: Would you say you were Taysom Hill before Taysom Hills Taysom Hill.
Speaker 4: I don't. I wouldn't put myself in that category.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we're sitting here. We got Buckets Award winner, we got National champion. Drafting the first round, drafted the third round. Who would have thought that I would have had the best NFL career out of all three of us.
Speaker 2: But those are facts, And I know, if I just trying to interview you guys just trying to pop some jokes, you had a great career will.
Speaker 1: So far, I'm still like, I'm still trying to get tape out there. I'm still trying to.
Speaker 2: Get in the league.
Speaker 1: No, but it's dude, Yeah, I'm sure being a special teams guy to like transition to the other spot, to the other side of it, like.
Speaker 2: Just playing playing this long.
Speaker 1: I would have just never guessed that you can make so much of your career out of special teams and just being a guy who's like I guess, always ready to play or like always ready to go and being prepared because I know, I'm sure you try to be guys over the head with it, like no matter what part of the depth chart you're in, because every kid aspires to go to the next level, like being a guy who can be like a Swiss army knife, or staying prepared or like when your numbers called, that's when you have to showcase if you've been prepared the whole time in practice and trying to carry it over.
Speaker 2: And being patient and waiting behind guys.
Speaker 1: But I would have never thought I would have made a career out of it. Is that something that you feel like you preach the kids a lot, knowing that they want to go to the league.
Speaker 6: We talk about all the time, and you know, if you're the star wide receiver, you don't probably don't play on special teams. But if you're the second, third, fourth receiver to make a roster, you better recovering kicks.
Speaker 4: And being gunner on punt and holding up gunner.
Speaker 6: And if our guys want to play at the next level, chances are they're going to be doing those things. And being able to put it on tape is important. So we've had good buy in. But if you want to play in the league, you better you better be on teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: You just coming into this ad role, you've been somebody who is obviously very well respected. Anybody who to I was just joking with you out there, like when I was in class. I'm like, I wasn't joking either, Like when I was a freshman, we had these you know, older professor, older professors, no disrespect, but they're like they're talking about Trev Alberts.
Speaker 2: I'm like searching, I'm searching you, and.
Speaker 1: Just you realize how good of a player you were, because the person before me was like was Barrett Rude, who is on your Guys staff, And like you've been in this world of Nebraska. You grew up here. What has it been like stepping into this role and like just taking it head on because you've had to hit the ground run and since you've gotten here.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just such a I considered it such a privilege and a blessing, you know, I mean, I love this place. You know, that's kind of the unique thing that Scott and I share. I mean we not often do you have an athletic director and a head coach, both alums, who both just love this place so deeply. But it's been everything I thought it was and could be. Certainly, there's some areas that surprised me, and not in a great way, but that's okay. This is a place full of wonderful people, full of wonderful potential.
Speaker 2: A state that cares deeply, deeply.
Speaker 5: Invested, and I think, you know, just continuing working on bringing people together, creating that unity of purpose, having something bigger than anything, you know, individually we can do because football really matters in the state of Nebraska, and that's what's awesome. And you know, you want to be at a place where, look, there's some burdens to that, you know, but at the end of the day, if people care, that's awesome. And I don't know of any other place that people care as much as they do for Nebraska football.
Speaker 2: And I just I still.
Speaker 5: Walk in my office every now and again I cannot believe that I get.
Speaker 2: To serve as the athletic director at the University of Nebraska.
Speaker 5: I think back to those days like you did, when I'm walking around this campus and the thought of I mean, Bob Devanny was the athletic director when I was here.
Speaker 2: Did you guys stay at selic you guys say, at these dorms right here? I was able nine oh three, that's what you're saying. You're like, it might have been able.
Speaker 4: I was enable.
Speaker 2: It seemed like the longest walk in the world every day over to the stadium. But no, this this place is. This place is incredible.
Speaker 5: And you know, there's so many people before Scott and I that invested so much to make.
Speaker 2: This place what it is. And you know, our job.
Speaker 5: Is to be good stewards of the roles we have and you know, work as hard as we possibly can, and and we're doing that.
Speaker 2: We're not perfect, but I'm really proud of of where we are.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like it's coming from that generation of the nineties that everyone talks about all the time stepping into the role as a head coach? Now being what is your fourth fifth year, fourth thith have you been surprised.
Speaker 2: By just the way the fan base is when times are tough.
Speaker 6: Ah, there's good and bad fans everywhere. I think Nebraska has more good fans than almost anywhere in the country. You know, we had a lot of work to do and it's been great having the support of the fans. Trev said it, the best people in the country live in the Midwest and live in Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Hey say hey, say that again. Say that again.
Speaker 6: The best people in the country live in the Midwest and live in Nebraska. And I'm Nebraska and so I'm biased. But that's the way I feel. And there's gonna be good and bad everywhere. But I really appreciate the support that we give.
Speaker 2: Cross Country Mortgage. Let me start that over.
Speaker 1: I actually leave that part in there because we all fail, we all fall off the horse, sometimes almost mess that up to. Cross Country Mortgage is much like us at Bustin' and Barstool, a people first, group of people. They're dedicated to the fundamentals of mortgage lending, which results in a fast, convenient, and less RESTful home financing or refinancing experience. Rates are unbelievably wrote. Look all right, hey happens you got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh bleep that bleep, that s word out. Rates are unbelievably low. Don't pay the bank more money than you need to. Our friends over at cross Country Mortgage make it super simple to figure out how much you can save on a monthly basis and over the life of your loan. The numbers can be staggering, and you don't know how much you can save unless you actually talk to an expert and figure it out. Click here swipe up to learn more about your refinance and connect with your team over at cross Country Mortgage. If you're a homeowner and haven't refinanced recently, you may be leaving thousands, if not tens of thousands. Heck, who knows, could be hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table over the life of the loan that could be working for you in other places like your new man cave makeover season, tickets to the Boys out link and out in Tennessee, wherever the case may be, or an investment home purchase if you want to become a real estate investor, or you just got a boatload a cash you want your pocket Rachel at all time lows I mentioned that, and they may never be this low again. Call today and our friends over at Cross Country Mortgage will give you a free home valuation that is free for you.
Speaker 2: Just calling.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the window as rates are expected to creep up. Reach out to them and see what they can do for you. And when you connect with Cross Country Mortgage, tell them that the boys at Barstool sent you. Go to Crosscustry Mortgage dot com slash barstool to learn more about your future home buying experience or refinance your current mortgage.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else below?
Speaker 1: Keep going See Yeah, Crosscustring Mortgage LLC n MLS three zero two nine. All loan subject to underwriting.
Speaker 2: Approval www dot NMLS Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 1: Were you like stepping into this role? Were you surprised about some things that had to be fixed.
Speaker 4: I was surprised kind of how far it had fallen.
Speaker 1: Because, Bro, you were at you were a studded organ. Obviously you went from all defeated to undefeated at UCF, and then you come to Nebraska and I'm the same way. I'm holding up the fire. I'm calling winter frost now like I'm ready to just go. I'm like, here we go. We're going undefeated boys. And then you you've had like lumps in the road along the way, Like has it taken you more? Like has it been more surprising to you since you've gotten here.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, there's been more challenges than I even anticipated when I took the job. But you know, you want it to look like it looked. Everybody wants it to look like it looked. But that doesn't just happen overnight. You got to have the right team. You got to have the right players, you got to have the right attitudes, you got to have the right level of strength, conditioning that there's no doubt in my mind how much progress we've made and how close we're getting to be in the team that everybody wants us to be. Got another great chance tomorrow to prove that, but the progress has been slow and steady.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 6: I don't want to talk about the nineties with our players too much because they don't want to hear about.
Speaker 2: They really don't bro like I remember, we do want to hear about Will Compton.
Speaker 1: Hey that yeah, that's still is funny to me when Mark myyer tells me, like, hey, you mind sending shirts out here and stuff? And I was like, do these even know that they're getting coached by Barrett Rude?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because when I'm a guy here, Barret would come back in the off seasons and he would help me study film and watch film. And I actually learned how to watch film through Barrett. And he'd be running the quarters with us when we had dopts as a strength coach, he'd be conditioning with us and everything else. And when the when the when the boys are messing with me by getting a shirt and this, And then I'm like, do they not know? Like Bart Rude and Jason Peters and all these guys are just like around them at all times, even.
Speaker 2: You too, But you have a podcast. I know it seems like it's the coolest thing to do. It is.
Speaker 4: It's very cool, very trendy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very trendy, and I are going to start a podcast. Well you guys gonna call it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just came up with that.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have air condition on our busy.
Speaker 2: I can feel it. Oh, I know you're sitting under that series.
Speaker 1: By the way, you're the first one to be on the bus in a suit, So I appreciate the professionalism.
Speaker 5: Well, I you know, I try to represent the university as well as I can and same. Actually I I do have other responsibilities after this. Yeah, but uh, you know, it's an honor to be on your bus with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scott, When when it gets hard do you lean on guys like Osbourne?
Speaker 1: And like when when shit gets like challenging and difficult, like as a head coach when you're facing like adversity over the over the past few years, Like are there people you lean on? Like what's the like a route you go? Like I'm always intrigued, like when I have somebody on the bus, like going to whatever their toughest moments are in whatever industry they're in.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 1: So for you probably it's been probably the last few years with Nebraska, with the success that you've had coaching everywhere else, Like what are things that you've had to like grap pull out of the basement or lean on or try something different to be like, you know, what is what's going on right now?
Speaker 2: Or what do I need to do or who I need to ask a question to?
Speaker 4: Well, Honestly, when things get tough, I lean on my faith.
Speaker 6: I've got one judge and people on the internet aren't that one that as long as you keep that perspective, you know, you're always you're always gonna stay level and we're doing things the right way. We're doing all the right things to try to build the team. So everything that happens is temporary, and as long as we keep on a good trajectory and keep doing things the right way, it's gonna happen. And I think this team is real close to that. I do lean on coach Osborne a lot. He's in a lot of practice. Ron Brown is real close with the program, and lean on him a lot. Go to those guys for support, and those guys have a ton of coaching experience and wisdom, so it's always good to hear from them. But at the end of the day, you got to lean on what's most important to you and for me, that's faith.
Speaker 2: Dude, rosb around a long time, Ron Ron.
Speaker 4: He looks the same as he.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say. Yeah, he looks the exact.
Speaker 6: Same to is he still running stairs, He's still on the bike sweating sometimes, but uh yeah, he an age very not at all.
Speaker 4: I mean he looks like the same.
Speaker 1: Guy we check in our hotels and he'd like tell a mirror, Abdullah, he'd just tell those guys like, you know, he's not taking elevator.
Speaker 2: He wants to take the stairs.
Speaker 1: He never wants to take an elevator at a at a hotel because he always just want to wants to like stay in shape.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe that's the key, just taking the stairs every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure you'll look like that when you're sixty.
Speaker 1: God, dude, Hey, I don't know, bro, I'm fighting now, Hey, I'm fighting.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll take What are you talking about? JP? Did you ever have to do the ram drill with Coach Brown? No, thankfully and Kyler?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never.
Speaker 2: I never had to go in those old school board drill. That's how the start practice individual break stretch M drill and like the boys used to talk about it, in the locker room. Yeah, I remember, remember, Yeah, not that I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you a question about our days, but I want to talk about our days. Where was I gonna go, oh yeah, Yeah, you're talking about how close you guys are getting, Like you can feel the energy a little bit more right now.
Speaker 2: Like me, I'm on record saying.
Speaker 1: The boys are six and zero if we don't have special teams, you know, if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot and we don't have certain penalties like you always.
Speaker 2: Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Speaker 1: And I joke around on the podcast saying, hey, boys, if special teams is in a phase, the boys are unefeated right now. We just got to fix an area, We got to fix some penalties, and we're rolling. But when you guys are when you guys are playing with a top five team like Oklahoma, when you guys are playing with the top fifteen team like Michigan State or top twenty team, and you guys are barely you guys are barely losing those games, Like, what's the message that you give those guys is still encourage that what they're doing is the right thing, that hey, we're this close, like, because you know, when you when you're losing close games, especially on defense, it's always what could we have done? You break down everything so to such detail that like, man if I would have just done that, we would won the game. To where you're beating yourself up for playing well on defense, but just kind of complimenting and showing guys and being hey, we're almost there, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna do We're gonna take care of business.
Speaker 1: Like what's the message been like since having the season and getting it rolling?
Speaker 6: You know what's great about this team is we came back from Michigan State and I had a meeting with our Unity council, and those guys told me they were more confident in the team and who they were after that game than they were when they were zero and zero. Despite a couple of heartbreaks, there's been a lot to get better. We need to get bigger, we need to get faster, We needed to get stronger, we needed to get tougher. A lot of those things have come along. The teams playing well enough to play with and beat about anybody at plays and that's great.
Speaker 4: Our locker room.
Speaker 6: Needs to hold everybody accountable to do their job and really, despite all those challenges and improvements that needed to be made, I'd say the biggest one is.
Speaker 4: The belief.
Speaker 6: You know how when you go into a game you think, Okay, we can win this game, or you think we're gonna win this game. And when you have a mindset that we're gonna win this game, then you find a way to make the play to win the game. And that's been the most challenging hurdle to get over. The kids believe they can do it, but there's always been just watching them a little bit in the back of their mind of we don't we think we can win the game. But when you have that attitude, there's a little voice in the back of your head say, oh, what's going to go wrong now? Yeah, And when you're a champion and you're used to winning, that doesn't even come into your mind. You just think, how do I make this play and get the win? And we're getting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was well said. How do you feel like you.
Speaker 1: Empower those players that you try and speak to and trying to get that I guess personality across because I see what you mean, because it's like, if you feel like I think we can win this game, and the moment it gets harder goes better. You don't capitalize on offense, and then the defense gives up a touchdown, then maybe the sideline you're that whole. I think I should have been like, oh man, we're we're probably gonna lose this game, compared to like, oh, we're still.
Speaker 2: In this thing.
Speaker 6: You know what we did last week? Is it because there's been some things happened to us. I can't even anticipate them happening. It's just it's been you know, how the heck did they do right?
Speaker 4: Right? Right? What we did last week? Is it just trying a new attack with them?
Speaker 6: I think I talked to the team about for three years, we've been fixing this and fixing this and fixing this and fixing this, and that's all fine, except then you're focusing on the problems. And I don't want a team focus on the problems anymore. So I asked them, what what do you do? What do you do well? When you're playing Madden with somebody, it's twenty one nothing, You tell them to get off the stacks and you hit reset. Right, So I told the guys, let's hit reset. I asked the O line how many times have we fall started this year? And they said two? Mante coach, I said zero. It's not a problem, and I want them to stop focusing on the problems and I want them to start focus on what they need to do to win the game. And they they came out and played well last week. So we're hitting reset again. We haven't given up any flea flickers, we haven't missed any pats. It's not a problem, and we're going to get our job done.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a little used up by that little speech right there, Sirls.
Speaker 4: What do you think, well, if you want to suit up, especially on special.
Speaker 1: Team, I saw you on the one where they did they mispunted it. I saw you in the background on TV being like, oh no.
Speaker 2: It's this way, Yeah, it's over here. I know.
Speaker 1: But hey, last week you take Northwestern out back and just put them down easy.
Speaker 6: That was a good step in the right direction. That's a that's a team I got a ton of respect for.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: They've been as good a team on defense as we there's been in our league for two years. We had trouble scoring on them for two years, and everything came together offensively and the defense played well again, Uh so you know that's what it's supposed to look like, and but we need those things that happen, so the guys have the confidence expectation that that's what's gonna happen, and then they go make it happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you went in a halftime low key it look you looks like you were a little pissed off. I'm thinking, hey, hey, Scotty, we're beating these boys, We're dragging them. You know.
Speaker 6: I've had some good conversations with Travel already, and he talked about coaches that when things are going real well, you go in and you're pissed at your team, and yeah, when things go bad, you love on your team. And there's he's got some wisdom. There's something to be said for that. And I didn't want the boys to let down. So I thought the best way to approach it was get after him a little bit, and they came out and responded in third quarter.
Speaker 2: Did it fired me out of what kind of wisdoms he's speaking to?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know that I have a whole lot of wisdom, but oh come on, now, you know it's just always I'd talk to other coaches and it doesn't have to be football coaches, but you know the times when you win a game, the next week in practice, you can actually have a really tough practice because the guys are really feeling good about themselves, right if you're not careful. And I've been part of losing organizations where it seemed like we tried so hard to be winners that we ended up, you know, the negativity engulfed us, and and you know, we took the opposite approach where you'd lose and then the coaches were just driving down on you, and at the point when the game come along, you didn't even feel like playing anymore.
Speaker 2: Took the love out of the game.
Speaker 5: I mean, at the end of the day, I'm just talking to Jojo about this part of walking over here.
Speaker 2: I mean, football is a.
Speaker 5: Game played with your heart when you really think about it, I mean, obviously, but if you get a group of guys, which is what I am really excited about what Scott and our coaches have is we had a whole bunch of guys that have great hearts for football, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They're passionate and you can just see it. And at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: You need more of those types of players, and coach and his staff have done a great job bring those types of player.
Speaker 2: And you were that kind of guy. I mean football, you know, you have to play with your heart.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, there's technique to it, and you have to have athleticism. But at the end of the day, what's inside there? What do you want? You know, what price are you willing to pay? And so anyway, I had worked with some other coaches and a Hall of Fame hockey coach who it was interesting. I'd go into the locker room and we just win five to one against a team we weren't.
Speaker 4: Supposed to beat. It's nor to Coda and as.
Speaker 5: Dean Blaze is his name, and Dean would walk in there and just rip the team, and I was so confused, like, how in the world is he mad at We just won five to one? Is the best game you've ever played? And he'd walk out and wink at me, I don't want them comfortable.
Speaker 2: And then there'd be times when we look so bad, I mean, we couldn't skate with a puck at our feet.
Speaker 5: And we'd lose seven to one, and he'd go tell them, boys, we're close.
Speaker 2: That was some wonderful and it was just a little psychology to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know, and yeah, as a player, there isn't a single player that wants to make mistakes, that wants.
Speaker 2: To get beat.
Speaker 5: You know, So if you're not careful, especially in a state where it's so important, you know, the magnitude of the of the sort of attention and negativity can just overwhelm your program. And especially kids too, especially kids, and especially with what they're so we're fighting hard on the positivity and unity and all of those things, and they're doing a great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that fires me up.
Speaker 1: When I had I had bow on and we're like, we're talking shop afterwards and everything else.
Speaker 4: Do you have those machines that bleeped? Did?
Speaker 6: Oh? Bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was felt much better in here. I know, I don't.
Speaker 1: We only got a few more minutes, too, so I'll keep it short.
Speaker 2: I love that quote, by the way.
Speaker 1: I just know if we if we dove into it, we would run out of time because I'd want you on here longer.
Speaker 2: And I know I don't have Scott.
Speaker 1: Too long, uh, but I would Bo and I we were golfing and I finally just got to I felt like I could talk to him, like I could tell him stuff that, like, hey, like back in the day when I was young, dude, and you give up a running play for like three yards and you're on the sideline being like that's too much. And then you're thinking in your head, like I don't want to mess up for this guy, but what you think you become and you're out there playing to you know, not make mistakes other than like playing to go and attack something and play successfully because obviously we all care so much him too, like that's why everybody kind of coaches with their emotions. But just to speak on that, it was like it's like that thought too, is like they're young kids as well, like they just got out of high school, like they think they're so sick.
Speaker 2: And now you got to like do recruit them.
Speaker 1: But at the same time you need to like have compassion with them and everything else to coach them up. You never get into it. Nineteen ninety seven Nebraska, Michigan. Who wins? And why is it?
Speaker 2: Nebraska?
Speaker 4: You already answered it.
Speaker 6: I've played with a lot of Michigan guys over time, run into a lot of them. Brian Grease, he was my teammate in Tampa. They think they would have won. We know we would have won. We'll never answer it. It's a shame back then you didn't get to play that game. But I've said this and I'll say this. This is political and democratic. But when back in that era, when two teams wereun defeated, they deserve to both be national champions. They had an unbelievable season. We had an unbelievable season. I'm glad we split it. I think that was the right thing.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, you think that was right.
Speaker 4: You're glad to be day away from the game.
Speaker 2: Man an Michigan. You had to play, you got to play with coach Harball, right.
Speaker 1: I did we have any some some behind the behind enemy line psychology, any good stories on him?
Speaker 2: No, Jim's a different cat now. Yeah, but I love Jim.
Speaker 5: He was what I loved about Jim during our time. You know, he he he was a football player. Obviously he's a quarterback, but sometimes you know, Jim never separated himself from the team. Jim was really tough. You know, he didn't ask other people. He was one of the toughest guys on the team. And he was a really good football player. He wasn't the most gifted person, he didn't have the biggest arm.
Speaker 2: He didn't, but he he he was. He was a great teammate who held the rest of us accountable. And quite frankly, we.
Speaker 5: Went to the AFC Championship game and it was all because of Captain comeback. I mean, he had a magical year that year in ninety five, and and so a lot of respect for Jim and and uh our family spent time together. We lived in the same neighborhood there, right near the Colts complex.
Speaker 2: And and uh so I live in the same neighborhood. I can't afford to live. I'm in an apartment. Yeah you in the dorm room. I'm not in a dorm I I do have a three. I hear the kids now they have like pretty much, they have like condos.
Speaker 4: They're so spoiled now.
Speaker 6: I mean, back back in our day, it was two bunk beds and a desk and a phone. Now there's no phone, no desk, and living room and bathroom for everybody.
Speaker 4: And well they're in like apartments now, it's like apartment style. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever for recruiting, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well, if you had it if.
Speaker 2: No doubt, if we had a ring, Scott Frost, hardballs in the ring, Scott Frost, I love it. That's what That's what I needed.
Speaker 4: Say that again, Scott Frost. There we go in fairness, he's like ten years older than I am.
Speaker 2: Hey, youth, you got youth on your side, dude with Harball. Yeah, but this is this is you verus Harball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but ten years from now you won't be ready to cover a kick in the NFL. Right now, you can do it tomorrow. True, I mean time time takes it. It's toll on everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hey, time time would take it. In this case, time has took its toll on Harball.
Speaker 2: When clearly Time is taking his toll.
Speaker 5: He just looked at me and said that, didn't he No, no, no, I'm where you're going.
Speaker 2: I was looking at you.
Speaker 1: I was looking at you like in the situation I just presented. And when it's Harbor and Frost in the ring, time took its toll.
Speaker 4: Father.
Speaker 2: Time caught up to gym. He ain't caught up to Scott yet. Yeah, exactly the gym either.
Speaker 4: Uh, that'd be fun. I bet I bet he would enjoy it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about all I got, guys.
Speaker 1: I know you guys got a roll. I know you gotta you know, kissing babies and do your thing. But uh, I appreciate you. Appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: For coming on.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, one last thing, were you guys? Are you guys? Let's talk about the Chilean cinnamon rolls.
Speaker 2: Are you guys? The cinnamon roll Chili Crew?
Speaker 4: I am. We had that about every two weeks at Wood River High School. It's my favorite meal.
Speaker 6: When we'd get a I'd get a double bowl at chili and a giant cinnamon roll.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: When I came here, they're like, oh, let's go, let's go to the carnival and let's go to this cook off. At Chili Cookoff, You're like, okay, sweet, and then you go in there, fiend you cinnamon rolls and it was like my first time doing it.
Speaker 2: I hear in Nebraska, I'm like, what is going on out here?
Speaker 6: I grew up and that's just the way it was that Chilean cinemon rolls went together. I don't know, maybe it's a Nebraska thing, but it'll it'll be a thing for me as long as I live.
Speaker 4: I grew up in Iowa.
Speaker 2: That was not normal. We had cinnamon rolls and we had chili, but never together. Did you guys get your corn from Nebraska? Hey, oh hang on, let me again. You produced fairly decent corn right there, and I fairly decent, but it's the Nebraska quality corn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 5: I went over to you know, coach Osbourne's son has a best of Big Red shop and you can go in and call this great huh year. I recommend you go. And I bought a shirt from my dad and it's a red shirt. It just says Iowa has bad corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I saw somebody on game day. They had a sign Iowa has bad corn.
Speaker 1: Also, like I would get their corn from Nebraska. So I'm always busting like Kittle's balls about because we're always arguing about who's gonna win Every year. I win Nebraska, which you know, Hey, I need the boys bad this year.
Speaker 2: I've been down bad, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, man, I appreciate you guys for coming on.
Speaker 2: You guys have anything, you guys have anything for me?
Speaker 4: A good luck? Man? Oh yeah? Hearing from any team?
Speaker 1: Uh well, by the time this comes out, it'll be Wednesday. I think I will be.
Speaker 2: Really So, I was supposed to go last week.
Speaker 1: My wife, she was getting surgery to get a sister move that had been on top of her ovary. And we're fifteen weeks pregnant. Everything's fine, everything's safe, but she needed to get this surgery. Everything went smooth, but she was gonna need she needed like a bedside assistants and everything else and couldn't drive and stuff. So I called, Hey, in best case scenario, you know, you could call in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: And I'll still be ready.
Speaker 1: But I get that it's a business and if you got to move forward, then you know you gotta do that. But we're just gonna knock on wood. Hope this all plays true and it would be this next week. Yeah, yeah, Hey hear nothing on Monday. Hey boys, let's cut that out. Cut that out. But yeah, yeah, I heard from them, and then a couple others, like early in the training camp, but that was that's that's been about it.
Speaker 2: And then training camp.
Speaker 1: But you know how it is, like you feel like you've put uh, like a resume together to where every team knows pretty much what they're gonna get, like the intangible stuff and like Okay, he's a plug and play guy.
Speaker 2: He's good depth everything else.
Speaker 1: So in my mind, it was like, why go and put more wear and tear on a body that's getting older and when I can just you know, train my train, train myself and like try and stay healthy until season comes.
Speaker 6: But many years going on nine, Bro, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Thirty two years old, we're catching you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gonna have about seven thousand dollars a month at fifty five.
Speaker 4: That's nice for one case. What do you get this bus?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, Scotty.
Speaker 2: This weekend we will have air conditioning. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I'm fired out because I came to the spring game and I was just joking with Scott. I'm like, hey, we get the bus in the brask you're gonna get on No, and like we'll probably never have the bus in the brask because we got to toe it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, come on, if it came here. Look at us now.
Speaker 4: With the pencil. You could buy a new bus. Really, that's the one that actually runs.
Speaker 1: Well hopefully you know, Chevy. Chevy pays us a little more than we can just buy another one.
Speaker 4: There you go, good question that question.
Speaker 2: Why not buy another one? Yeah, Garrett's always sweating hardcore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this looks like American pickers should want it.
Speaker 2: Hey, do do you think said American figures? Hey? Do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh so, I'm like thinking of another one because I'm looking at that open door's helmet. Open doors help get the bust down here, By the way, do you feel like you when when the Surge came out and Nil dropped its bomb on the planet, do you feel like it's been.
Speaker 2: Easier to approach.
Speaker 1: Or has it been more difficult, like trying to trying to like get your arms right, Cause I feel like day one when it comes out, everybody's kind of like running everywhere with their heads kind of like let's get the team in, like let's talk and talk about Hey, guys, like let's keep the main thing the main thing, YadA, YadA, YadA. Now that it's kind of unfolding, do you feel like it's getting easier to maintain because of the help and resources you have here?
Speaker 4: I think we have a long way to go.
Speaker 6: When it came out, everybody's trying to figure it out, and and it's gonna be a consistently changing landscape, ever changing landscape. But I think we're just scratching the surface on what it can do for Nebraska athletics and Nebraska football, and it if Nebraska fans are behind this and Nebraska companies are behind this, I think our players are going to stand to do as well as anywhere in the country. And there's a lot of work to get it there. But I don't think we're even barely scratching the service on what it can do for us in our program.
Speaker 2: It's got to be nice at open doors is hometown team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got a lot going for us, and the biggest thing we have going for us is the fan base and the interest in the basque athletics. Yeah, not just football, volleyball team and basketball teams and baseball team. I think there's a lot of ways that our student athletes can capitalize on it.
Speaker 4: And we're just getting started.
Speaker 1: Dude, I dropped a few granted trying to have the boys sell those shirts for me. Yeah, I like this these the boy We're at like two thousand.
Speaker 4: Two thousand shirts.
Speaker 1: We're dominating Michigan Taylor, and I like Taylor went to the Michigan Obviously, we had like this ten thousand dollars bet of who would sell more shirts and I'm like, bro, I swear to you, I promise Nebraska is different. He's like Michigan's different. I'm like, well, Nebrassa is different.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 1: And then we're like going back and forth. I'm like, all right, well, let's just let's bet and see what happens. And we're just dragging him. It looked like you know you guys last week against Northwestern.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and then I started so then I went to open doors, and that's.
Speaker 4: One period of practice worth a pay for him. I'm sorry, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: And then I get on a high hop on open doors and then I just start I think I paid about or I tried paying like fifty something players on the roster, like, hey, boys, are you guys trying to push the shirt?
Speaker 2: Got a lot of help, man, okoy, But I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: It's good to see Yeah, good to see you. Thanks, Yeah, man, good seeing you again. If he wants to comment on.
Speaker 2: It, I can't. Hey can you can you? Can you can you touch that? No? Have you seen that? Oh you've never seen that.
Speaker 5: That was my first year in broadcasting, and I showed a lot of real room empathy for the poor guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trevis. He's hosting Bruce who was a Bruce Smith.
Speaker 6: So my first, my first or second game as an NFL player, and you know this, I was a quarterback.
Speaker 4: I've never played on any special teams.
Speaker 6: And they put me at left wing on punt and the first point we run out there, uh in Buffalo and we're about the forty five yard line and it's defense stayed for Buffalo And my first basically first plays NFL, got lined up and Bruce Smith is gonna rush the fun on me.
Speaker 2: Oh my, hey, stay inside, stay inside out.
Speaker 4: I got trucked. I got absolutely flat backed.
Speaker 6: And Corwin Brown, who's played at Michigan, was a veteran safety on our team, and he was laughing at me, and I came over the sideline. He goes, dude, next time, just cut him. So later in the game we went up again and and he was he was right, if you cut one of those guys, they're not going to rush much anymore. You don't have any interest in that. But man, did I get embarrassed on the first one.
Speaker 2: Bro. It's you're on an island out there on the left wings.
Speaker 4: Both have both have a good Bruce Smith story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was incredible. It was it was just you know, it was it was one of my first year whatever in broadcasting. And the drow of the matter is that happened, and I did show up a real lack of empathy and I really felt bad about it.
Speaker 4: It was so bad that how would you know what to do in that well.
Speaker 5: There was a media critic at the time named Rudy Martski who wrote for the USA Today, and he called and he said, try, I need to talk to you, and this is live on T and T. It was I don't know, what are two days before the super Bowl in Atlanta, and uh he said, hey, you know, I got quite a few people calling saying, you know, you you you didn't really try to help him.
Speaker 2: And the only thing I knew how to say was Rudy, I totally agree.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest with you. They walked through a lot of things with me, as I didn't go to school for this. One thing they did not say is if the guy falls over, do this.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't expect that, Like if if a woman's going to fall down, your catch with a little if a little baby is about to fall down, she just naturally that's Bruce Smith.
Speaker 2: He's still eighty five pounds. But I and then I panicked and I said, Bob, back to you. Yeah, you even step back. You've even stepped toward him. No, you're like God, it looked like he was over here.
Speaker 5: But the good news was Bruce was fine, and uh his agent called.
Speaker 2: Us and and everything worked out. That was your first year. It was my first or second year.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It might might have been my first year, but it was the first time. So I always just was sitting there.
Speaker 5: At the desk, and you know, the guys, you're just this prop up and they'd ask you questions.
Speaker 2: You can always respond to questions.
Speaker 5: This was the first time they took me off the desk. I stood in front of this is a long time ago. We had plasma TVs. Then you know, we're gonna move you over here, and you're gonna do this interview. I'd never interviewed but anybody before and uh so here we're standing there, first experience and uh, the NFL Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: I'll never happened to him unless he passes out. But if.
Speaker 2: We're about to fall over, this is great. Yeah, this is awesome. You guys need anything for the game.
Speaker 1: Are you guys good Georgia Boot shout out the boys at Georgia Boot. I hope you guys, Hey, I hope you guys are enjoying this episode.
Speaker 2: I know I am. Huh yeah, sir, I love it. Hey, if you're watching on YouTube, leave a comment right now. Um.
Speaker 1: But Georgia Boot. Guess what, boys, It's October over at Georgia Boot, and they have the world's most comfortable mock toe boots on the planet. They're the world's most comfortable boot and the hardest working boot in America. And for over eighty years, Georgia's been making boots that work as hard as you do, tough enough for your job, cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you'll never want to take them off. An example, we are the Husker game over the weekend. As you'll hear in the episode, I watched most of the third quarter in the training room. I wanted to lay down. I wanted to get off my feet because the dogs were barking a little bit. I was in some regular shoes when I should have been in some Georgia boots because they are super comfortable and they look good, and I would have never had.
Speaker 2: To take them off.
Speaker 1: I could have stood out there on the sideline the whole time, but I wanted to change the atmosphere. I wanted to change the luck a little bit. Fortunately it turned it around. So credit to me for getting off my feet. But that's not the point. The point is Georgia boot would have saved my feet from a rough post game experience. I had to do a little bit of recovery after the game. Oh JP, go ahead, JP. I am in the middle of an ad reade to go ahead and tell your little story because it pertains to Georgia boten that of which I should have worn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you would have had Georgia boot, we could have got out there. We could have gotten out of there a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: But I did about what twenty thirty minutes of rehab, so recovery.
Speaker 3: Will got a full post game recovery treatment from the Nebraska staff. Shout out to the Nebraska training staff. Anyways, Will was with us. He's like, I gotta go put my feet in the cold tub. They're killing me. So he's in there. One of his former teammates was giving a tour.
Speaker 2: To some high school his high school players.
Speaker 3: His high school players, and he's walking through the training room, pointing out all of the awesome amenities that the training room has, and he looks over to the cold tub. He's like, yeah, we got our guys in here. You know, this dude probably just sprained his ankle or rolled his ankle, and he's, you know, so right now, and then he does a double take.
Speaker 2: He said when he said, one of the kids was like, is that Will Compton? Now you're yeah, yeah. The kid goes, wait a second, isn't that Will Compton? And Will Steve Van is like, what is he doing in there? Dog?
Speaker 1: They came in the They came in the doorway, the whole crew, and he goes, Will, what the hell are you doing in here? Everybody just starts laughing because I'm in there, ice on my feet after the game, almost two of the Nebraska players.
Speaker 2: They're cold tub and I just got my calf cast down in there, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, Nebraska has just come off a heartbreaking loss. And Will is in the ice bath. I act like he was out there.
Speaker 2: So he came out there. Boys, Yeah we need you. Georgia boot Yeah, Georgia boot offers the best work.
Speaker 1: Boots wedches just get right back into it. Work boots, wedges and loggers around. Whether you need a scroll down, JP Waterproof boots, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, metguard, non puncture shank, non slip sol They've got it all. Or the new Mac to head over to georgiaboot dot com use code busting. That's BUSSI n for twenty percent off of your Georgia boot purchase. Make sure you get that wink in there. I hit him with a wink at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, the uh.
Speaker 1: I was just told thank God for JP uh that that was the ad read to end the segment with Scott Frost and Trev Alberts. I hope you guys loved it. Please share it. We grow as much as you guys do. We're about now. We are now about to transition into the current events part of the pod where I talk about the weekend, where all the boys talk about the weekend. We we brief on what happened over the weekend. We talked about some spootober stuff. Taylor interrupts the pod and we just go toes and it gets really emotional. It gets a lot of high arguing I think there were tears in there at one point, and then we make up pretty hardcore at the end. But uh yeah, so now you know, now we're gonna go into that part of the episode. I kind of butchered that last part. But hey, subscribe to the pod, leave a comment. I'll tell you one thing I learned over this weekend going to Nebraska, and that's JP has all the deals known to man.
Speaker 2: My guy. Every week he's like, hey, God, you're going to Smoothie King, it's Friday. There goes my deal of the week. Man, that was gonna be your deal.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you a deal of the week segment brought to you by JP is at Hovey Hovey.
Speaker 2: Hovey Hovey will just disrespect you on the brought to you by JP Hovey Deal of the Week. What is your deal of the week for the people watching, for the people listening, tell them where they can go, Tell them where they can have a great deal.
Speaker 3: So will kind of spoiled it there, y'all missed out on some great deals this past Monday Tuesday. Next week, I'll try to give you a little bit more of a heads up this week we got five dollars Friday at Smoothie King. Any smoothie thirty two ounce, forty six ounce you tell him will sent you. They'll give you their new fifty five ounce smoothie. Yeah, you can get protein in it. You can get some vitamins and all everything you need at Smoothie King for five dollars on Friday. That's your deal of the day.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that deal of the week that went simple chains JP. He's a young cat, so he's kind of like all of us in college.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of myself in college, Like you're always trying to go and find those Buffalo Wall Wings deals.
Speaker 2: I won't see them. Yeah, come on, you're.
Speaker 1: Always trying to go to get those apple Bee's deals, all those different ones. We're gonna save you them because JP's gonna deal you one each and every week.
Speaker 2: Hot Fresh. You look like you're ready to say something again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you gotta find the deals when you're a little bit underpaid.
Speaker 2: So that's the main reason I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Like your free internship is gonna pay off one day. Keep working hard. Did you see Eddie from Barstool?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: He did a free internship for five years before he started getting paid.
Speaker 2: That's not a very good business. He's informed.
Speaker 3: Now, good for him, But I don't work like Eddie. What does that mean, Eddie let people take advantage of him.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, I don't have anything else for you except for a raise.
Speaker 1: So the boys we all went to Nebraska this weekend, myself, JP and Garrett. Hey, is that gonna Is that gonna go down this weekend of the year in twenty twenty one?
Speaker 2: We lost.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's very disapointed that we lost, But I'm saying the experience that we had. We've never taken the bus on the road, but it was crazy, man, getting the bus towed down there on a flatbed. John by the way, so we had the sideline passes right. We were on the sideline for the game and everything. I'm telling John like, Hey, if I get you a ticket, do you want to go to the game. He's like, oh, yeah, that'd be awesome. John's our toe to toe toe truck driver. And we get down there and we have an extra sideline passing wristband and my man John, he's just on the sideline with the boys the whole game.
Speaker 2: He's one was he wearing a.
Speaker 3: Nebraska shirt, Nebraska tea, yeah, and some electric blue jorts, some jeords, some.
Speaker 1: High you know, those high dad ankle socks, those white those white socks that go up to the bottom of your calf. No, but they were scrunched. They were all scrunched together. And then he's rocking some old looking new balances. The dude looked incredible. I see him middle of the game because I didn't see him before the game and stuff.
Speaker 2: We're running around.
Speaker 1: JP's hooking him up with the sideline pass. Probably the second quarter. I look over and John's standing there just watching the game, like, Hey, John, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man? He's like, Yo, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: And when we got back last night he was like he was like, man, thank you guys so much. I wouldn't have traded that experience for anything in the world.
Speaker 2: Bro. So shout out to Nebraska for hooking it up.
Speaker 1: And I will ask you guys this, because you guys were Michigan, you guys were pro Michigan.
Speaker 2: We won. You guys won. We'll get to that. We'll get to that. But is Nebraska not different? Different? Nebraska?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Nebraska is different, different for sure, you know, growing up in SEC country. We just like kind of think the Big Tens of do you think every other.
Speaker 2: Conference is like below you guys, Not that they're equal with the SEC, but they're definitely serious about their football and Husker Nation.
Speaker 7: I think them, uh you know, Nebraska is a dry campus, so that might you know, keep them a step below. But they let them drink and party at the Union, and I think that brought the energy known as the big Cop.
Speaker 1: Energy, Big Cop energy. I think the bust being there too is electric. Bro dude, people were fired up.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: The love for busting with the boys down there is crazy. I was gonna say up there, but you know, same there.
Speaker 1: Hey, And you say the SEC is a superior conference, right like, we have five teams in the top Big ten right now, absolutely, Or we have five teams in the Big ten in the top we know what you're saying, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we have yeah yeah, five Big Ten teams in the top ten right now. Yep, you can argue that we're the best conference in America at this state, at this part.
Speaker 7: Of through six weeks, it could be an argument.
Speaker 2: But when you guys start playing each other, we'll see how by the end of the year. What what it looks like. I mean, we have been playing each other. That's what's crazy. And what's your record? We're three and four. We're three and four.
Speaker 1: But there is a legitimate argument, there's a legitimate argument that we could have been seven and oh.
Speaker 2: Right, now, that's facts.
Speaker 1: The only game I will give is Illinois, the game open of the year. We did look like shit, We didn't play that well. Granted, special teams kind of lost it for us a little bit, but that's the only game I would give that we would be if we're playing in this cold a fantasy world, we're seven and oh more probable six and one. But as far as these teams, that all three of them in Oklahoma, Michigan State, and now Michigan all ranked. Oklahoma's in the top five, right, where's Michigan State? In Michigan now they're in the top ten. Week we could have and a couple of those games should have beat all three of those teams. And this weekend against Michigan, we're playing against the refs. You can argue that we're playing against the refs. The bullshit call. Did you guys watch the game? Did you guys actually watch the game?
Speaker 8: How does that plan get blown dead on the fumble.
Speaker 1: I know, I do think it's a bang bang call. Like it's tough. When y'all was watching, like the TV copy when I was going back and I was kind of like scrubbing back and forth to see how long he actually was stagnant. You're looking at two whole seconds of the game clock, almost three. There's an argument that could have been blown dead, but it's like, you know, you got to secure the ball, and shit, they may had a good play. It was just a fucking bummer because the boys had the momentum. When we came on the second half, Garrett and I we stay in the training room. I'm like, we got to change up the luck a little bit. Let's watch the game from inside. And my feet were hurt, so I need to get off them boys and dogs are screaming a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we stay in and the boys come out of the gate, score that first drive, which is what you need. We get a turnover and we're just rolling. We're rolling.
Speaker 1: In the third quarter, I think we outscore what twenty two to Can you bring up the box score? I think we have scored them yet twenty two to six. In the third quarter, and then you go where they dim the lights and they do that, Uh, they cut the lights off. You got the red rock and you got flames going up, you got ac DC banging. Everyone's holding up. Fourth quarter like we had all of the momentum. Were we getting calls? Yeah, but we were getting calls on like reviewed plays. We weren't getting calls like off the benefit of a penalty.
Speaker 2: He call.
Speaker 1: We're getting calls because old boys knee was down before he handed the ball off.
Speaker 2: We were getting like I thought, the reviews were good, Yeah, the reviews were good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the biggest penalty that had a big effect on the game was the p I that they called.
Speaker 1: On Jojo on jojo before halftime. Yep, that was fucking brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The guy runs in the jojo jojo doesn't even really do anything to the guy and the guy stops. Mind you, the ball's overthrown like it's not even catchable. And when they called what did they call a delay game on us on twenty eight for clap in his hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What, But didn't they say that we couldn't they couldn't do that because of Michigan's cadences had a clap.
Speaker 1: Everyone's Cadence kind of has a clap. Martinez does this before the ball goes. But you're you're in, You're in memorial. You heard how loud it is. The boys are trying to communicate. If you if you're looking at the game. I hate that. I'm I'm messing up his name because he's a good He's a good fucking linebacker. Twenty eight is it? It starts with an R. I just don't know. I don't want to mispronounce his last name. But he's just looking over, trying to get somebody in position because the dude's standing next to him can't hear him. So he literally leans over and the ref is right in front of him. He's looking he's looking at two eight, and the guy just leans over and clapps, like hey, hey, you gotta be over here. That's all he did is he clapped two times. Uh rhymer, reamer, rhymer.
Speaker 2: Damn it. I'm sorry, Luke, luke rhymer.
Speaker 1: But all he did is look over and he claps twice, trying to get his attention because hey, you got to hurry up and line up. He just right in front of the referee class twice Hey, you got to go over here, and the ref just throws a flag and walks up there like it's not like he's leaning up on the lineman and clapping like you're looking at him trying to communicate in the loudest stadium in the country Nebraska fans, and that that play was bullshit. Then there's a few others like it was hard to keep up with because we're on the sideline. Then you kind of see stuff after the game of all the calls that were happening, but just stupid penalties, bro.
Speaker 2: And apparently these are the same rests that were that were part of the Oklahoma game when we were getting atrocious calls there too.
Speaker 8: They were quick on everything too. That was the quickest like calls I've ever seen. Like he was on the mic making the call immediately after the whistle right like there was no convening, no thought put. It was just Hey, this is the call and I'm making it. And I think that's why those calls ended up getting reversed is because they were making them way too quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This episode of Bustle with the Boys is brought to you by Revitalate Black Label. You've heard me talk about Revitalight a lot by now you know the drill. It's the adult version of a certain drink you find in the baby aisle. They took away the embarrassment. Embarrassment. We meet it the register by putting their brand in places where you can buy beer, wine and liquor across the nation to make your weekend shopping even easier, and you can get it on the bar still store. Revilate is taking things to the next level and teamed up with us to create the ultimate way to save yourself a rough morning after any weekend. Maybe it's weekday, maybe you're having a casual Tuesday and you need to revitalate in your system. The best way to do it drink half before you go to bed, half after, and you're gonna you're gonna feel amazing waking up the next morning, so.
Speaker 2: That way you're not having that rough and rowdy morning after.
Speaker 1: Revital Like black Label made specifically with stoolies and the boys in mind for maximum recovery and the perfect compliment for when life gets a little rough and rowdy. Don't pay for Saturday nights on Sunday morning. Revitalight black Label pairs perfectly with night caps and midnight snacks. Boys, your night stand will feel naked without revital Light, so stock up. Look, here's the pro tip. I already said it, but here's the pro tip. So if you're listening you know you're gonna tailgate hard this weekend, drink half at night before the night before the tailgate, and then the other half in the morning right before the tailgate. For optimal results, pick up your Revitali black label today in stores or online at Barsols Sports Store and tweet us at or tag at. Drink revital Light in your morning after stories. It was brutal, man, because dude, we were.
Speaker 2: I think the chop block call was kind of BS two on your Yeah, exactly, that's the way to bring that one up. Gee, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That was fucking when the way Jurgons can't claim to the second level. It's like, at what point is somebody is he here? If if if Jurgons, It's like, what what's the rule on on chopping somebody down? Because we had that illegal block right, what's that.
Speaker 2: The boys call him? Fuck yo, here comes Taylor talking about fucking Michigan. Is he coming here? We fucking go.
Speaker 9: Bards boys, there it is I hope your trip was good. That ship looks nice on you.
Speaker 2: So with somebody just hear say, hey, we're talking about it.
Speaker 4: No bye week.
Speaker 9: Going in the right in the country, Nebraska, and I mean will I mean this with all your.
Speaker 2: Respects, I really do. Fuck big Red.
Speaker 9: Where my Michigan boys at the hundred. There's one pieces you machine guys, that's my Michigan boy director. Go on past this one back the bou there. I'll tell you what will made mix him on the ad reads boys.
Speaker 2: Go on pass it, Alex. That whole stack was for you. That whole fucking stack was for you. Get that ship out of here. You. Oh, I'll pick that up later, I promise, I know.
Speaker 9: Huh huh huh.
Speaker 2: Just start stopping my phone fucking briefing things.
Speaker 1: D d d.
Speaker 2: Oh, dude, that's the other songs I missed that. We'll put it again. Just hey, to the concrete here ros hell hell to miss chave in the fucking yes, dude, fucking yes, and we're back. And it was just a camera because I kicked some things over. What we do we do a Chevy ad. We probably just did one Chevy ad maybe talked about how the weekend was average at best in the Lincoln Nebraska Why because that means it was a ten in Lincoln. If you say how is your ship in Nebraska and you say average at best, they know that was a fucking ten. Why cause it's Lincoln fucking Nebraska. Whoa easy now? And I know that it was a great game, and we had a good conversation about it, but you know what, fucking gold blue buddy, the Wolverines. The Wolverines stroking themselves into a bye week feeling great. I'm all in, what do you guys range right now? Eight in the country? Why do you ask top ten? Yeah? I know, I know what he is. We're the best. We're the best through fourteen in the country. We are, But that's beIN what the fuck we are without special teams, you guys be the best team in the country. Yeah, and we we.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you're playing Michigan in the fucking referees.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Are you kiddy? Did you not catch what was that before two minutes when they called it back, touchdown, called it back, touchdown, called it back and then at DPI you're talking about the reviews. Wheah, You guys obviously didn't anymore, and then obviously they were gonna do shit in the fans, which Nebraska has phenomenal fans. I think we saw it. I think I think it was amazing to see them get as loud as they were, but to see them fucking cheer and the rescue. We can't let these people down. This is literally all they have. That's what they said to themselves. This is all they have.
Speaker 1: You saw the reviews, bro and that DP I called before halftime than you guys, that ghost call on Jojo Doman when your receiver just stopped right in front of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the ball wasn't catchable. Guess what, Boom, you know, hey, get you guys self something nice, Alex Boom. Dude, you got the only non football guy in here supporting you. You're the only guys even like he doesn't even like football. Wait wait wait wait check with us. Wait wait you're paying these boys bait? We are bet was based on shirts. No, no, no, no no no. That was just a because I love you. That was at got some extra spending money in my pocket because I fu I love you. You know what I'm saying. You know, I saw the boys. I looked at him. I said, man, these guys been working their ass off and they've been supporting the boy tough high times, low times, and everything in between. Here's some fucking spending cash. Boys, get yourself something nice, you know, Smoothie King, deal of the week. I was talking about extra money. Look at that? Hey, did Sanda Lawan comes in there? Sat Lawan.
Speaker 1: Dude, he always sant luwan. He always has these deals. So we're doing deal of the week.
Speaker 2: He says, five dollars Smoothie King on Friday. God bless Hey there you go. Yeah, that's twenty Smoothie that's actually forty Smoothie Kings. You're welcome. You've been living that, You've been living the dream this weekend.
Speaker 3: Hey, when we say on the last five changes.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, there's no question. Oh, there's no question. I just think it's I was driving. I was go get my ivy and I called Bubbo, and Bubbo said, hey, Roger's going first, so you have an hour, And I thought, what would I do with my hour? It's obvious I go see the guys that have supported me and make fun of you for sucking, dude, make fun of your team for sucking. Now, well, hang on, we don't suck though, you guys will congratulations, congratulations, But let's give credit where credits.
Speaker 1: Is Nebraska not a good football team, you're gonna say, you're in the country eight team in the country. If you were saying Nebraska shitty and sucks like, then you guys are gonna be there long. Like, let's put a little respect on Nebraska's name.
Speaker 2: You know, here's here's you guys lose it with less than thirteen points total between Michigan State Oklahoma three and a half. Oh okay, so we covered that plenty. Oh wait, if we did, we one by three, guys, one by three? Sorry, no, I was thinking of yesterday's the Jacks. I have bo shots at the Naggy yesterday. You know what I'm saying. Listen, Not only when you go into Lincoln, Nebraska, are you playing eleven guys in the field. You're also playing an outstanding fan base, all right, an outstanding fan base. So do I give the fan base credit where creditor is due? Yes? What do you what do you call it then? The black Shirts? Or is that the defense? That's the defense? Black Shirts? Play well too? You guys played well. You guys did good. You know what I'm saying, since it's twenty twenty one and we're dishing out participation trophies everywhere, congratulations to you guys. And I'm very happy, I really And you know what, they got some orange slices after the game, a Caprice son and they went home, you know what, and they probably fucking went Hey, guys, is okay, we tried the hardest, like the way you're talking right now, and L is a l buddy, And you know what, Mission is probably gonna lose one this year too, and I'll eat that when that happens.
Speaker 1: But right now, oh, that's crazy that you're saying they're probably gonna lose.
Speaker 4: One this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, hardest to go undefeated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if I'm eight in the country and we're six and oh right now, you think I'm saying anything about the boys losing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you live in a fantasy world, dude. You you live in candy Hilee with gum drops and rainbows filled like sprinkles come out of them like you're just you're fucking a fugazi, dude. This failure doesn't answer the mind. When we're undefeated, Okay, yeah, but you don't know what that is like, so you have no room to whendn't have you ever been undefeated in anything? Haven't been undefeated? I don't think so. Yeah, ever, I think chool if I was you're You're the kid. You're the kid that comes up to me and goes, if I was six seven, I'd be in the league. Like that's you because you're not. You know what I'm saying. So you assume you could. There's no question I'm the guy that's like if I'm six seven. First, I don't this is not going to be a ship on will date. You're not in the league right now, Okay, right now? And I know that's gonna change. Why because I love you and I know you're you're Hey, You're you're good enough. I understand you're good enough. Let me tell you something. You're fucking good enough. D just you will Compton. Let me get the silka. Is enough? Okay, you're fucking enough, dude, you are right Yeah, Now, it doesn't change my love for you. And I want to talk about this this T shirt sales thing because.
Speaker 1: You guys, we covered the spread in that one.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's Michigan's fault and we have the best fan base in the world. Here's the problems the issue. You don't think you guys have the best fan base in the world. We have the largest living alumni in the entire world. Where the winniest program in college football history. We have one hundred and fifteen thousand people at every single game. I don't need to talk about the like. I'm literally talking stats. I'm not talking about if, butts and maybes. I'm talking about factual fucking evidence here, buddy, all right, I don't speak in ums. You know, I'm telling you we have the best fan base in America. Now here's the problem. Now here's the problem. Now here's the problem. Here's the problem. Dave Portnoy ghosted me. Okay, I didn't. I didn't. I put me and Will in a group chat with Dave because maybe it was a little nervous text in one on one because I thought he for sure won't ghost me if you're in it. I texted him. I texted him again. I think I've texted him five set I single test texted. That's Spanish for five Okay, Yeah, I text that fucker five times and he did not respond. Now I get it. The man's busy, he's got his one bite pizza going everywhere, and if you guys do, it's a ten. It's unbelievable. It's a Walmart's fucking everywhere right now, right it's killing it. You guy should absolutely go eat that stuff. And I I say, day, that's my ace. That's my ace in the fucking pocket right there. If Dave promotes it, we're gonna win. Why the following I when you're in the season and you have the ups and downs that are you are normally going to happen in the season, I can't be on Twitter being like, hey, sorry about the l but please buy these shirts. What I'm saying, Hey, tough loss for the boys, but please go ahead and buy these thirty dollars shirt you're building. What's happening right now is you're making these excuses when you made the bet, and I literally know the BET's still mad. I literally said, hey, I'm just letting you know it's different different. Can I tell you something? Well, can I tell you something that's not the only stack, buddy? All Right? I know the bet was made, okay, and when the when the fucking you're trying to I'm trying to pay season. I can't no, I you know what, because my job is to play football. All right. I love to do this every day with you, but I can't. All right, I gotta. I'm I'm playing ball. You're saying like I'm wanting I was wanting you to. I didn't want you to lose the bet. I just knew you were going to. Yeah, because I knew my fan base regards to anybody, if I had any.
Speaker 1: Superhero with me, like a Dave Portnoy. I did come in late with Bigcat, but even the day one sales, I knew my famite Cat and he's a buy twenty of them things by the way, Yeah he does. I was surprised you didn't hold him to do that yet. But I knew my fan base was gonna rock and buy these shirts more than your fan base was gonna rock and buy those shirts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you live on social media, and that's that's not what we've done it. Well, you have a mannequin dressed up as Taylor Lawan, you are you have like.
Speaker 1: Statues around Michigan, you're a first rounder. You're like, oh Taylor wan went to Michigan. Will I didn't have.
Speaker 2: None of that, And all I gotta says, Hey, boys, can we go buy a shirt? And the whole fan base ready to rock and die for the Bulls the UK. I was on the phone with Will for thirty minutes yesterday and he was just blowing himself with how he went to Nebraska and people were fucking loving him. That is such a lie. He he was a four time All Americans for a triple time first round Johns, he cheated. That was in your mouth. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: He goes, Hey, how does it feel, dude? He goes, it looks like you were a four time All American ten.
Speaker 2: Years and he goes and he goes, and he goes, yeah, I was kind of like that, that's what your fucking said. Are you sad? Dude? That is so crazy that you're that.
Speaker 1: Rattle right now because your fan base didn't have your back the way my fan base has my back Listen, it's our fan base number one.
Speaker 2: Okay, when it's Michigan Nebraska, that's fair. But there's a nucleus, right, Nucleus like nucleus. I think the wings are here. A nuclei that's plurals two. I think it's nucleus is one. Fucking we're the yolk in the egg. It's the biggest nucleus. Okay, that's the buses. Yeah, okay, you have the bus and you fucking just vomiting on Twitter all the time. And I love it. Why because look how much you've done. Will fucking look at you? You look how much you've done. Did you just come here just to see me? No, I'll sign something. Oh hey, that helmet goes hard, by the way. Yeah, we got we got some tough times in Michigan. Like listen, I fucking love Michigan. I'm all in. I'm all in on Michigan. Michigan State is up next. Fuck Michigan State. Fuck Green, fuck White fucky slanting. Love Jack Conklin, but fuck Jack Conklin. Dude, fuck Michigan State. And we're gonna donkey them too. Where's that game at? I think it's Is it at Michigan and Michigan State? Fucking good? Go there. You know the last time I played at Mission State and how we did negative forty nine rushing yards that's how fucking go. We did trash negative forty nine. Oh we got donkey and you know what they do, Fucking Mike will cross every single time. Can we block it? Nope. The guys in no offens. The line got drafted three what yeah, I don't know. I don't know. Huh. I thought were Northwestern and the Michigan State. Okay, we havet Michigan State. Ryan Fitzpatrick's head coach of miss of Northwestern. Bake fan of him. Great guy, great attitude. The facilities at Northwestern believable. But you guys, are you guys? Are he has he has? Aren't Michigan. I'm sorry, this is what it is.
Speaker 4: He has.
Speaker 2: Aren't Michigan. You're not gonna beat Michigan. That's a rollover game. That's the path of the stats games. You know what I'm saying. That's Aiden Hutchinson getting multiple sacks game right there? Oh, Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 1: He's a beast. Aidan's a beast. I saw, you know. I love how I love how he went to the locker room after right after the game, wanted wanted to tweet about me.
Speaker 2: He tweeted about you. Yeah, right after the game. I wonder, Yeah, that's what he said. Should we check in with him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Give him a ring? Oops, that was an accident. I didn't mean to. That's kind of just the thing that's gonna be your ringtome when you call me now, m God, you know what's you know what's better than being good when you play at Michigan, not playing at Michigan anymore, and then watching them be as good as they are now being so proud of that. Yeah, you know, because we were trash when I was there, won that game. Shout out Brendan Gibbons for the game winning care Let's call Aiden Hutchinson. Let' see what Ad Hutchinson is doing.
Speaker 3: Hey, we will have to get sorry.
Speaker 2: Hey, that ship was funny as hell. Man just feels fucking good. It's brutal right now, I'm not gonna lie. It hurts out there, doesn't that fiel down bad?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: You guys, something to say to our boy? He just goes, Oh, you see, we actually just got out of our team players games. You guys had players of the game being an unright Nebraska team. You guys are feeling good like that. Don't let him fhase, you don't let him face you. Look. Look, I'll give the environment was all right.
Speaker 5: That was uh that, but fans wanted to to tear down those gold plots so bad.
Speaker 2: You guys are to store in the field. You guys are to store in the field over just a big ten wins over, yes, beating eight Michigan, nine Michigan at the time. Who are the players of the game. You're by the way, you're on busting right now. So don't don't say anything you don't want to be heard. Oh my god, twelve players, a lot of guys, A lot of guys just handing out trophies, just handing out jokes. That what it is. Yeah, I just I watched the pod. Did you go talking all of that swear? Yeah, you can say whatever you want, talking all that ship.
Speaker 4: And I should make that tweet out to you on Tuesday right when.
Speaker 2: I heard that. Oh my god, he had a pre meditated tweet. What's up with the Michigan guy's going right to Twitter after games? Don't let him get you. Don't let him phase you. Don't let him phase you. That's just will. He he got new teeth and he thinks he got fucking confidence. Now, don't let him get his teeth Like three years ago, take the l like a man that flag in that game, trying to hype the crowd up. He's right, Like I did everything I could. I feel so bad for you, because I know how bad you wanted to celebrate.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 2: I was ready. I was running down there by the student section. I was like, hey, well we'll stood over the field. Oh oh, the thirty one year old man is trying to get the student section. Thirty two year old man is trying to get the student section to store in the field. Hey, great ball, Great ball, will get you on the pod after the season. All right, great work, dude. Make a tweet on Tuesday. He fucking premeditated your ass. Kayla just texted me what she said. Oh gosh, damn it, dude. Hey, Jack, I think we were we bet the spread. No, no, no, no, we can go back to take said. I think me and you bet the spread.
Speaker 10: Though, No, no, no, no no. I got tuner from Taylor. I'm actually expecting eleven hundred from you.
Speaker 2: Oh you you bet? You bet you far to bet on Michigan. Me and what we will bet the entire bus. Take another one, another one, Jack, take another one. Call those fun coop bon fun coupons. Just see how married you are to him. I'm not the boys could have that, why, because they support you. Guys really can't have that. Actually, my wif would be pissed, I would go home and be where the money going to.
Speaker 1: Beg I got caught up in the moment. Yeah, and then uh he also bet the Tennessee.
Speaker 2: What was our bet?
Speaker 10: The Tennessee especially, I tweeted out if we did twenty five shirts, would in hindsight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta hear this story. Do your thing hang away for Taylor. Oh yeah, I'm listening. I'm listening. I'm just texting tailor. I gotta get my uh wedgie up.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, we interrupt this episode for an ad read for roadback dot Com. Shout out the boys at Rowback, Rollback Act of where to be specific, you all know roeback, best fit, best feel. It's football season, the best is season, which means it's hoodie season. Luckily for you guys, Roadback just restocked their performance hoodies and I'm not kidding when we say these boys are the absolute softest, most highest quality hoodies in the game. The materials out of this world soft, and the stretch is unmatched. Nobody does hoodies like the boys of Rowback. They also drop some new performance Pollos and trust us when we say the designs are fresh, perfect for the golf course or a night out with your girl. They scream versatility. We've worn these polls hundreds of times and the collars look brand spicking new each every time, Each and every time, the.
Speaker 2: Fabric is just so soft.
Speaker 1: Roebacks gears popping up all over the NFL, from our little boy Quentin Nelson to the Bengals d and Sam Hubbard. Roeback is quickly becoming the go to act to where in the league Will Compton was spotted wearing Roeback. They also have the biggest apparel sponsorships in college sports, with Notre Dames Kyle Hamilton and Georgia quarterback JT. Daniels officially joining the Roeback fan It's fair to say Roebacks gears popping up all over the place, especially when Roebeck is partnered. They didn't mention this in the attery, but when Roeback is partnered with with the boys, you know their shit is popping off. So if you play football, you're a football fan, or you're a busting fan, you wear Rollback. It's as simple as that. Use code busting b U S S I N on roadback dot Com for a generous, generous twenty percent off of your first order that spelled r h O b A c k dot com for twenty percent off all your polos, q zips, hoodies and t's with code busting Hop on the roadback bust now because it is taking off. So go check the boys out roadback dot com. Do it for the boys always in forever. Are they here?
Speaker 2: All right? Cool man? Huh? Here' hear any of the story. Let's hear the story on why he won another thing. Let's hear the story.
Speaker 10: Last week on the pod we I made a comment about how Tennessee fans wanted a boys shirt. So we took to Twitter. We stormed the gates, We had a ton of responses. People wanted it.
Speaker 2: We released it. I said, if we sold twenty five shirts in the first first hey, in the first day, the twenty nineteen comments, so so just started the bus cost it.
Speaker 10: Slanders me on Twitter and he's like, if we do two hundred and fifty shirts and twenty four hours, I'll give you a thousand dollars. If you don't sell two hundred and fifty, I have to buy the remaining shirts up to it. What was it will after twenty four hours? Like five hundred plus No, it was like ball fans hard.
Speaker 1: Because now you you wanted Tennessee to beat Nebraska, and Nebraska did five eighty and day one, well we can did one hundred.
Speaker 2: Just you know, I can't tweet like that, dude, I can't tweet. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: As we promoted, we promoted, and it's still I think it was like one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, they'll get back on board. Listen, here's here's why machine. It's okay that you didn't buy. I've said a lot of things throughout the years that you're probably upset about, and I want you to know. Sorry, go ahead, I want you to know that it's not It wasn't you the fans, it wasn't the school. It was my situation at the end of my career that made me so upset with Michigan. That being said, I'm all fucking in. I'm fucking in, all right, and I hope this makes it through everywhere. I'm fucking in. I've been making little cracks at rabel This might be the year walk by them. We want them, we want you know what does doesn't say a fucking word about it actually ignores me every single time, which is really upsetting, but I those hey, those balls shirts go hard, and the Tennessee volunteers have a very soft spot in my heart, even though I've doubled down a heart a couple of times. Here's why, is that right? Soft spot? They have a soft spot. I have a soft spot in my heart for them. Yeah, yeah, Alex, you know what that's fucking He's trying to derail me because he's on your team. Michigan and Tennessee in the nineties were probably the most relevant football team. Get the fuck out of here, dude, and Nebraska is the most relevant team in the nineties, and you'll have your turn to talk, so right now, shut the fuck up, will Well. Daddy's speaking. Hey, do you want to go to your room?
Speaker 1: Forty two to seventeen Orange Bowl verus Tennessee Nebraska over Tennessee the year we split the National Tunnel.
Speaker 2: So he is gonna go. I'm just saying, you're saying Tennessee was the most relevant team. They know I'm saying Tennessee. And Okay, let's start again. Tennessee and Michigan were one of the most relevant, dominant teams in the nineties. Okay, that leaves a little room for you to slip in your your corn eating friends. So since then, Michigan's mission has had a tough time and the Tennessee volunteers have had a tough time. Now, Tennessee, you're gonna get what's Tenesnase's record right now? They're they're doing well, aren't they.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had a huge win against JP's alma Maters.
Speaker 2: Oh, JP, wore'd you go give? It was twenty eighth in the first quarter, Just fucking trade give a hundred to Jack.
Speaker 10: Now we have a huge game this weekend against Old Miss though, big big weekend. Yeah, Barstools doing their college game day there as well. So an he Stool, he's out in Knoxville.
Speaker 1: Special teams coach hit me up and wants us to get the bus out there.
Speaker 2: Really outstanding. So here. So here's the deal. So Tennessee, I'm with you. I support you too, And honestly, as Nebraska, I think it's great now that it's moved on, like we kind of just kind of speed bumped over Nebraska and we've moved like we've gone past that. I think it's I'm back on Nebraska too. I'm a big fan of the school. I'm a big fan of the people that come out of there, Love Dobson, Levonte, David love Well, Compton, Bo Polini. I was a huge fan of him, you know, so I'm fucking I'm a Nebraska guy too. It's just nice to know what should be and is is Michigan on top? You know what I'm saying, And you guys will get there, keep your head up. I was just thinking, we can't let this last week like divide us like this. No, no, no, yeah no. I think as soon as this POD's over, we move on, we're gonna be back. And also, what the what's with Nebraska always having a quarterback with the last name Martinez.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he's about to shatter like every record by the day he's done.
Speaker 2: How about that forward progress when he hit the ball strip out of him and then the game, Yeah, we were talking about that.
Speaker 1: Tough for you to see, yeah, because I was just like looking back at it, it was like a full two seconds on the game clock.
Speaker 2: Well Stagnan then got stripped. It just sucked because you guys got a lot of calls in that game too. So it's know where that you said that No we didn't, I mean we got we got calls over turnour we got calls over We got calls overturned because of bad calls made. But we can't review penalties at days. All those calls were close, which means they should have stood.
Speaker 1: Did you see the delay a game that we had no where The kid just tries to get his He tries to get my man's attention because it's obviously so fucking loud. He tries to get his attention and say, hey, you're lined up over here.
Speaker 2: The refs literally looks at Michigan, this is Nebraska defense, and uh red throws a flag, calls delay a game because clapping is the cadence of Michigan. Well, you guys can't try to cheat that. Huh all does go hard.
Speaker 1: We can't let the last week divide us. I want to stay there. Yeah, even though we're talking about phone calls and what we say in phone calls.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, every time I tweet you, I'm assuming that it's going to get out in public with you. Every time you tweet meet text you. Sorry, Oh come on, now, when have I done that to you? A lot? When I'm pretty sure when I told my AC you announced that I was getting surgery before I I not that I was getting surged three. I might have just sat there on Twitter. I didn't screenshow okay, text is everything? Okay, I hit a lot in the head yesterday. Okay, I'm a little fuzzy, like lots of living in there. How was the how was uh? Did you guys do a full pod with a AD and the head coach or was it just like a little deal we did? How long was it again? Thirty five minutes? How was that a solid? Yeah? It was solid.
Speaker 1: I was a little You're sitting there with an AD and the head coach and they play the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like and then people are calling me before like, Hey, what questions are you gonna ask? You're feeling like this weird pressure of.
Speaker 2: Not yeah, like you're all of a sudden a real journalist exactly. You gotta ask a real question, like, I'm Stephen A. Smith. Who does who is Nebraska playing next? Oh? That's a dub Golden Gophers. What do you guys play at Minnesota? We're at Nebras, I don't know. He's jumping everywhere we are at Minnesota. Minnesota misiss is cool? And then I almost went to Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Really do you know that? Why Minnesota over the teams that recruiting you.
Speaker 2: My dad, my dad, My dad went to Minnesota and so they were putting a pretty big press on me. And it's a cool Like the campus is cool. I like the uniforms. I like the purple and goal. I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I was always or a Marina gold and of their their colors, Minnesota Scralies.
Speaker 2: What do they say? Skola? What do they That's what? That's what the Vikings say? What do they what? What does Minnesota say? Though they have they have something like that too, go goers, No, they have something also that's like schoo yeah schooy ma ski um yeah, so they do have the thing. So maybe I'm not an idiot. Anyway, I almost went there. My dad walked on there and they were like putting the big press on me, and I was actually thinking about going there. But then I realized, like, I don't want to lose a bunch of games. I can't be you know, I don't I'm not trying to go to Minnesota. In the last five years they've been all right.
Speaker 1: I think Minnesota has but yeah, when we were playing, like Minnesota's garbage.
Speaker 2: Garbage. Hockey school for real, more than anything, minnesot du Lutha is a hockey school. They rip. I thought we were gonna beat you guys. Dude. You know what when it started to go to hockey school and I was thinking of my tweet where I was like, you guys are basketball. Yeah, I saw that tweet when you when we were going back and forth, I was like, it was I know, I said this on the phone. It's a good fucking game. It was a good game, and I'm sure it was hyped to be there. Maybe Michigan, we can mend these bridges. Maybe we can go. You guys can go next year to Michigan. Oh you got to retire after this year. We get toward the country. Yeah, it sounds like it's getting to that point. Huh. It was, I will say. I mean, obviously, like take this with the Grant and Salt people listening, I'm I'm I'm one hundred percent in football, so chill the fuck out. But I do I feel like people are like, you gotta start, you gotta stop doing podcasts and focus on football, Like do this an hour and the rest of my life is focused on football. Be you had to wait for your IV. But uh, I did get some fomo in Nebraska when you guys were in Nebraska. I had some fomo about that for real. Yeah, I really did. It seemed like a really cool experienced. It was cool.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: They treated the boys awesome too.
Speaker 1: They treated JP and Garrett like we were back in the fucking locker room and equipment. Like these dudes were doing whatever they wanted, not like they were purposely doing it, but they were just treating them.
Speaker 2: Well, that's rare game. Like JP in the middle of the are you filming it? Yeah? He goes you think filming? I go, yeah, go ahead. He's like getting there, and the coach like get closer, and JP's like in the mix with all the boys. Oh, that's fucking hype, dude, that's awesome. JP did the tunnel walk. Yeah, that's so rad. They were like who is this guy? Like, oh, that must be the kicking recruit. How nice. And the Braska fans, by the way, so nice, so incredibly nice.
Speaker 3: The coolest thing with the Braskat fans there was like this eighty year old grandma front row stand up, get up, screaming at every shit.
Speaker 2: Eighty years old, get on her dude, good fucking on her. That's awesome. How did you okay? Now, based on this question, there might be more exchanges of currency for you, you too, Well, you guys didn't go What did you guys go?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 2: Where to Nebraska? I was there, Garrett JP? What'd you? What were you wearing on game day? All black? Was there anything Nebraska? It said the boys on it? Was it? That shirt? Maybe handed to jack Already spent it, already spent it. I already spent it.
Speaker 7: No, everyone was where you were, though, Everyone was That's where I was. Yeah, We're like, he's got a job, he's gotta.
Speaker 2: I'm in Jacksonville. Yeah, it's funny. Did you say did we say its the pod or did you say the pod that the Nebraska actually asked if I could come on Saturday?
Speaker 1: And goes, yeah, this might be a weird ass, but is there any chance like Taylor can come to I was like, no, it's Saturday. He's gonna be in Jacksonville, flying, flying to Jacksonville, take a quick p jet over the Lincoln, like, get hype with the boys and cruise back over to Jacksonville. Play if I go to our the ask a tailgate and I'll just fly to Jacksonville right after.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, we were having so much fun there. We were like walking to uh where we were walking from just parking. We were parking, we were gonna go in and uh, I forget what we were doing. But we go in and we're like, Leo, let's get a game day. Let's get game days.
Speaker 2: We were going to get a pump in. Oh yeah, that's right, we got to work out in. Good on you. And we were going in.
Speaker 1: We were walking by the statue and I was like, yeah, let's get some game day photos.
Speaker 2: Like we're walking in all dressed up. We're just having the most fun. Dude. It was a blast. Yeah, it was that picture of you, like in front of the cheerleaders. Did they come up like who's this old guy? Yeah? Were they? Dang you? They're like will you take a photo? And I was like, yeah, sure. It was a good time. You were legiti a celebrity, like an A list celebrity that this past weekend it felt like it.
Speaker 1: I had like you're thinking back on all the things you did for your for Nebraska and you're like, what the fuck have I done to be out here waving the bus with the buck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not Sue, it's not David. Right, it's fun right, right.
Speaker 1: But the thing is like her Crouch got inducted into the Hall of Fame from Nebraska earlier that night, and yeah, I want to say, the crowd was just going nuts and we're just waving the bus with the boys flag.
Speaker 2: How how but how's up the students action? How hype were like, that's gonna be an amazing feeling for you. Oh dude, it was incredible. Yeah, like like like, talk to me about it. Fucking give me some information, go into detail, like the dude like, undrafted, you want me to talk about myself. I want you to talk about yourself. But this is me opening the door saying talk about yourself, Like undrafted already shop on me for the phone call we had. Yeah, but we're moving Like we said, we're not gonna let divide us. I thought you fucking said we're moving on. Now what you mean, like the only way we can move on is if you both move on? Yeah, Like yeah, like I'm gonna I'm gonna get a fucking shit on you while you're talking legit like undrafted, cat go play. Obviously you've had a good career. But at the same time, like it's not like you were an All American and there and stuff like that, Like and now you go back and as you're being treated like a king. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 1: It's just nuts that they're loyal to like their alumni like that. Like I know we do busting with the boys, and we do all the dumb shit, but knowing that they have a lot of alumni that watch as closely as we do every year and like support them, like they do everything. Like this staff, not the one before that with the Riley staff, but this new staff opens the doors for like all the alumni, for like all the players who play in the league, because when we go there, they're always talking about, Hey, spring game, would you guys want to come? Like they always have a dinner for the alumni the players that are playing. They do all of this stuff for the guys who played before them, and I just think they do it right and for them to like accommodate and put the bus in the boneyard tailgate. The boneyard is like the student section right in the main tailgate area.
Speaker 2: Right where they right where the buses pull up. Broh So the buses pull up where the players drop off Scott Frosts and all of them start walking right in that corner, right where it starts. The bus is sitting there, hype content dude. It's just unreal and they took care of it. It's just cool to know, like the few people I still know from when I play there, because it's not a lot of the same thing, but the few that are still there like just I don't know, it's just cool going back knowing that I guess you have. I guess the freedom to walk around. Everybody's just way too good to us.
Speaker 1: Brodud A dude was talking about how we just like bustled with the boys. It just changed, like changes his life really, and it's just because we goof around so much and we're like making jokes and we just have the most fun all the time. It's just it's weird hearing those comments because you go from like joking with JP and them to where you're like, okay, like I need to be serious.
Speaker 2: I'm taking this compliment because people really do like fuck with us heavy. That's crazy. It's just nuts. Man. Well, let's at the bar's been set in Michigan.
Speaker 1: I think Michigan would be the same way, bro, Like, I hope so not the flex is gonna sound like a flex. But like you felt Michigan players and Michigan people looking at like we're.
Speaker 2: Still about it boys. Yeah, they were still about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like heard a couple say, oh the boy, and it's just it's just nuts my pregame warm ups.
Speaker 2: Dud's just saying the boy. Yeah. Hey, Jacksonville was that way too. It was weird. There was Jacksonville fa like yelling the boy, there's bust with the boys flags out there. It was fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: We were driving down in a in a truck. I won't say what kind of truck, but we're cruising and a Michigan fan was like.
Speaker 2: Hey, Will, that's not a Chevy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We pulled him next to him and I go, I go go big Red not today, and they kind of looked and we had to turn around him when we came back around and goes, that's not a Chevy. Oh they were killing you, yes, bro, was it a rental. Yeah, that's why. Like obviously the West companies always gonna do the cheaper vehicles. They're never gonna give you the nice quality vehicles like the Chevrolet. Yeah that's I mean, that's I'm sorry you had to go through that this week, and it sounds like that was kind of a bad deal. It sucked. We just said thanks for watching. Yeah, I mean, I'm surprised you guys didn't break down on the way to wherever you guys were going, because that's Chevy.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: When I'm not in a Chevrolet, I I'm I'm like, I hope I get to make it to where I'm going. You know what I'm saying. You have one and you never worry about it. I never have to worry about it never ever. I had that that damn thing on e for a day and I think it was just like, we're still gonna make it, buddy. Yeah, Like I hear, the most depends selling it sold. Just to get me to the home. I passed like two gasses on the way. I was like, let's see how this goes. Still made it home. It is unbelievable, Chevy silverad. I hear you, bro, it is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this programming to shout out Sling TV. Go to SlingTV dot com slash barstools to sign up now and get your first month starting at ten dollars. If you love watching live sports, which I know you do, but you're tired of the high prices, it's time to take control of your life and your TV experience, and it's time for you to go get Sling. Sling is a place where your favorite sports channels like ESPN, FS one, T and T and more all together for less. And it is the cheapest way. I repeat, because we're all about cheap boys. It's the cheapest way to get the best NFL viewing experience on TV NFL red Zone with the Sling Blue plus Sports X that's your package. You get Red Zone, NFL Network and more for only twenty one dollars your first month. That's less than one dollar a day. Plus watch past episodes a Busting with the Boys, current episodes of Bustle with the Boys, the yak Stool streams, and other exclusive Busting with the Boys content and Barstool content for free on the Barstool Sports channel on Sling. Sounds like they should have a Bustle with the Boys channel. Sling is easy to set up, easy to use, and there's no contracts. Starting at just thirty five dollars a month, sign up now and get your first month for just ten dollars. Whatever you're into, Sling is where you can find live sports you love all in one place. Go to sling dot com slash barstool to sign up now and get your first month starting at just ten dollars. That's a body bag ad Read back to this episode for the love of God, subscribing to leave a comment.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of did what I came here to do. Yeah, it was so. I was rather mother, What do you do? Was me?
Speaker 1: Hey, because hey, hey, I was in a good rand talking about while we're seven and.
Speaker 2: Oh were sick, you know, sick. I'm so glad we're back, dude. I just feels so good to know that you left somewhere not in the best conditions, and now someone has gone to take care of it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Taylor's like, yeah, forget that bus story. I would have left my ass too. We're back, baby, Michigan.
Speaker 2: I left my ass for sure, dude. Fuck me. Hey, one day though, one day we'll get to Yeah, that'd be. That's gonna be sick. Someday that'll be fun. This thing I I when I think about this bust and how much it's accomplished. It's fucking mind blowing, it really is. It's wild how much people support the boys. I wake up.
Speaker 1: Saturday to that text from the from coach Ecuy, the one who got the teestcho that Bo was talking about when he was on the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's at Tennessee now.
Speaker 1: And I wake up to a text from him Saturday morning before his game and he's like, Hey, you need to get that bus in Knoxville next weekend.
Speaker 2: We could probably hook it up. I don't know why you wouldn't go. It's going to be in Knoxville, the games in Knoxville, the games in Ooxville. So was the barstool show. So as to win win, you gotta go. Yeah, it's just a lot of work.
Speaker 1: It's something that kind of just we're making the shirts and we're doing all this stuff for the fan bases, right, like the fan faces that we've played for and stuff, and now all these other people are like demanding that they get shirts. Man, it's kind of just like a concept that's happened last minute. It's not like we've planned on, you know, transporting the bus everywhere. Like we're transporting the bus and we're scared shitless because we're like, fortunately we found some Nebraska bars that let us use neon signs when we were there because.
Speaker 2: We don't want to trouble those because we don't want to.
Speaker 1: And then we're like, we got to break it down, like you can't have all the spooky set up like these dudes, all the boys. I don't know who I'll put it back together, but everybody puts all the stuff back together for this episode on Monday.
Speaker 2: Bus just got back late last night. You guys did a phenomenal job. This looks amazing, very spooky in here. You got any spooks that spooks over been going? Spootover has been amazing. Uh ah, No, it's been good. I I definitely I missed a because of the injury which I will not talk about the thing that happened to me at the Jets game. I didn't go to a haunted house. I didn't want to be moving around, which is a bummer because you only get so many a year. We haven't been able to embrace it like it's been. It's been a tough embrace. It's been a tough embrace this year. Oh fun little note boys. I've officially made up more games than I did last year, and the really yeah five games. Heard in the fifth game, Wheret's fucking go. Yeah, I didn't think about that for the Nie was like, but yeah, dude, we're just watching a spook. I got my my so my daughter wins just four now. Put on hocus Pocus for her. She loved it. Yeah, she was. She was in and out. You know what I'm saying. She was. But watch you see, you're not gonna get it. You're not gonna get it if you don't know why the cat's talking, you know, or whatever. So that that's been a cool experience. Tailing and her mom just absolutely destroyed the decorations at the house. Have you been to the house the other day? Oh, it's right on Thursday. You're coming over again for Lon dinner. Yeah we did it. Yeah, at the house again. You gotta stop. You gotta stop coming at me like I'm I'm like, I'm fucked up. I know, but you can make it seem like I'm fucking wrong in the head right now, and I don't like it. It makes me making me feel its cure, but you feel like I got something going on up here. It was literally over there four days ago. I'm over there, you know how You know how it is during the season, like you kind of just after four or five games, you kind of just running in. It's all yeah, it's all one day. Like Wednesday is the same as Friday to me. Holidays go by. It's crazy. And that's why it's like, spooch, you really need to embrace it, because it's like it goes by so fast middle of the season, you know what I'm saying. Then all of a sudden, it's Thanksgiving, the last Christmas. This Friday, Halloween Kills comes out and the boys hooked it up. Yeah, yes, bro, sweet I got to text all the boys that because I was telling some of them. I was telling KB about it, and He's like, oh, yeah, we're all in on that. So they sem like everyone seems like they're about to go to that. I'm trying to get nervous that it was I should have done a bigger one. Did you not do the bigger one?
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, there was a fifty somethinge I did the seventy like seventy eight, seventy years like a hundred and something one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might have to do one hundred piece that's probably a little late for that, though. Yeah, maybe I just paid for it.
Speaker 1: They've been on my ass like for a month and I finally just got to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well Halloween Kills comes out Friday though, Yeah, and so the boys are. I had to do that, which I'm hype about. But I want to go to a hundred house someone. I've only been to one. This whole lot, this whole spookes over. Have you been to one yet? You haven't done nothing? You haven't. You haven't really, You've had a You have a tough time in bracing the spaper. We're embracing the spook right now. I don't know why we got to bring that up. We're not divided. We had a work weekend.
Speaker 4: I couldn't go.
Speaker 2: Last week, I had a work weekend. You didn't try to get to Nebraska.
Speaker 1: The weekend before was Charles surgery, remember, because I was gonna go with you, I know, I was like, we'll see how Charles's feeling. Hey, pregnancy did prenancy has a bit of a bal bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How was she doing? She's doing good now. She was in it though for a few weeks. That poor girl.
Speaker 1: I know she was grinding, but it's been solid, but yeah, it's been tough getting to the Haunted House on the weekends because of the Nebraska this past weekend and then her Thing the weekend before. But as far as what we're watching, Midnight Mass, I know it's on you about that last year. I have Midnight Mass on on Netflix. That is a good flicking slow to start, go ahead, little slow to start, but very well written. There's a lot of depth in context with those writers because they did the Haunting on Hillhouse and Haunting of Black Manner, which I've told.
Speaker 2: You the last few years to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the same writers and producers, so it's an awesome Midnight Mass is a great flick.
Speaker 2: I love that one show that's been pretty rad. It's not like a traditional spook, but it's definitely got some spooky vibes. Is that Squid Games. Everyone's talking about it, Dude, that game. That thing is wild. I love it.
Speaker 1: Everyone says like from the jump from the first episode, they're like, you're locked.
Speaker 2: Oh you're hooked, dude, you want to watch the whole thing. It's crazy. That fire. That show is crazy. Looking at the Spooktober calendar, that that trailer for the movie Old. Have you guys seen that trailer. It looks a little intense. It could be cheesy as hell, or it could be solid. I've heard it's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah from I think our roommate went to go see it and he he was all about the.
Speaker 2: Fire little deal. Is that in theaters or because I saw that on Apple TV. Yeah, it's crazy how that thing is all changing, the streaming thing, like theaters are becoming a thing of the past, which is kind of a bummer. My my rookie year in the league. Dude, I loved like Thursdays after practice by myself, nice little popcorn, used to chew back, then put in a fat lip and just watch a watch a movie. Fucking love watching movies chewing popcorn. A dude getting a slurpee, getting a little icy I fucking bet you were slurping up a little bit. Well, dude, chill, we're talking about icyes. Dude. Yeah, he thought. All I know is you're talking about slurping it up a little bit. But yeah, dude, fucking go.
Speaker 1: To Halloween Kills Friday, though, if you want to do what the boys are doing, we're getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do they blee bleed? Oh we can't say that. Well, you just don't want to. How many people do you want to show? Want people showing up?
Speaker 1: Baby, But we need we need the boys in their plus everybody that's gonna show up to actually.
Speaker 2: For real though, that's a good point. Yeah, we can have a nice I think a poster to take a little photo with. It'll be nice. It's gonna be a nice deal. I can't wait. I love team things. I love doing things. You were saying. We had a little set up a big pumpkin patch with the team on the nineteenth, really Tuesday. Yeah, I'll be there. Oh yeah, a bunch of guys bringing their kids and stuff like that. It was cool. Man, God, I'm tired of ship. It's crazy how much energy you have to take during the season. It's wild. Yeah, got me all in secure about my brain now, dude, you make me think I got that throwing weird random bro.
Speaker 1: You you said first, you said I posted a text from you last year when all I did was say fought and prayers he text tweet. I think it was too like, uh and we can find it to put on YouTube. But it was like a thought and prayer thing of like hope and Taylor's surgery goes well.
Speaker 2: Like you would already.
Speaker 1: It had already been known that we did a podcast on it.
Speaker 2: It was a statement more than anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was just like, sorry for thinking thinking about you when to let everybody know that I was thinking about you too for some retweets.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but listen, you're making it sound like I'm fucking gone here that you say something in my brain has to process for a second, and within that second it lasts really long in your head to where you're like, hey, I got you know, I was a little banged up, Like have you been in my house recently? Like I was just over there. You don't even think about that, and mean, you know what it's like, dude, you know what it's like. Is it hard being out of it for as long as you have, like has been a super long time, but like kind of remembering what it's like in the middle of the season.
Speaker 1: A little bit, but like not to like bring up stuff. But when you guys lose games, you kind of just and the week goes on. You remember which specific days like how they kind of go and flow. Yeah, like when we lost, well, when Nebraska lost, Like I'm sitting there around all the dudes in the locker room and you just kind of feel like you just you have like nostalgia of that stuff, you know, how like they're feeling.
Speaker 2: And you know, there's not really much to say.
Speaker 1: I'm more aware of like the spot that I'm in now, Like as much as I would want to say something, you just know that you know how.
Speaker 2: They're taking it, you know what I mean. It's like if you're down bad and and somebody, some alumni or somebody that's out of the game comes up to you and says something, You're just gonna like nod and appreciate it, but it's not really gonna yeah, but you're at the same that you're not in this correct correct So it's more of like if they say something to you, you say something. I remember like when I was in when I was playing college football, watching guys in the NFL, been like, man, they got it all fucking figured out, don't they? Right, They got that shit all figured out? And now look at kids in college of like they have no idea. How fun it that? No clue?
Speaker 1: No clue even me now, like knowing that I've been off and on with like when I get signed late and stuff like that, like being out of it throughout the season.
Speaker 2: When I before I went to the Raiders and this year.
Speaker 1: You kind of think what the guys are going through when when you guys lose games, and how like, damn, I know how their brain is, because I know how like free mine is a little bit like when you're not losing and not having to go in the next day to watch film and get coaching, like live in the bubble, because I remember when you guys started off that two and four year before, yeah, in nineteen and I was sitting there like and it was our first year of the pot too, and I was just stressed as much as you guys because it was my first year not playing and you guys are losing. I'm like, damn, I gotta post about this bustle with the boys. It was so fresh and new. But when I went to Oakland and we win a couple of games, you just realize, like you don't even care what's going on back in Nashville because you're just in such a like everyone's in like their own bubble, like in the football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, No one's thinking about like Kansas City losing the Bills yesterday, right, Like except for Kansas City fans exactly. You know, we're all kind of just doing our thing. That's the most fresh thing in my mind because that game was on last night, right, But like and you know the bubble, it's not not a lot. No one really cares, and you know the fan base that's shitting on the players of like Kansas City and like their defensive guys and stuff. You're kind of just watching the game, and the way I'm sitting and watching it, I'm just like, oh damn, that was a good play by them, or oh man, he should probably made that play. But you're not, like you're not like one of you guy. But knowing like if they were on my.
Speaker 1: Team and my fan base, like if you're a fan, like how everyone just lives with anxiety and just emotion about.
Speaker 2: It, wouldn't it be crazy if like fans looked at it that way, like, not as if I was watching the game, Oh damn, that's a big play. Yeah yeah, they're just watching the end of some guys wide open and they're like the nearest guy to that body they're gonna yell at Oh yeah, yeah, you piece of shit. Yeah, they're like trashing Oh, that's crazy, dude. But that's wild, dude. I the Jacksonville game yesterday. We were like the third quarter or something like that, and these fans, Jacksonville fans like seventy seven for whatever reason. I looked and they're like, you're fucking trash. You're fucking trash, and there's a trash can right next to me. I'm like, I'm I pointing to me in the trash I'm trash. Like, yeah, you're fucking trash. I was like, I'm fucking trash. I'm fucking trashy. I was like I'm trash and they're like, yeah, you are fucking and then we're kind of both getting hype about me being trash. You Yeah, They're like at the end of it, I think we left friends. Like you know what I'm saying, Like, you're fucking I'm like, yeah, I'm trash, Like we're the same, and I'm like screaming at the trash can. Yeah. It's fucking weird, man. Yeah. Frank Frank, our strength coach, He's like, isn't it so weird how people wu be like on a Sunday like be like, hey, la Wan, you fucking suck And then they go to work on Monday and be like, told Lawan he sucked, Like right, what you saw my tweet? You see he gave him that business. Got six likes on this one. That's crazy. I love I love, I love educated fans. What do you say? He goes, don't talk about my numbers? Hey, chill Willa is running that Twitter ship though, dude, he's fucking on that ship. The boy is repping it. And it used to be annoying. I used to be annoying us time. Why is this man on was tweeting? And now it's like, holy ship, this dude gets like you have a little fucking following.
Speaker 1: Hit me up the other day he said, Hey, bro, I love following.
Speaker 2: Did he really a time and fires me up? Watching you in this in this field? I love it, dude. It's amazing too, because, like I think that's a perfect example of when people go to start a business or start their own thing, Like there's always gonna be people that are like, what the fuck is this guy doing? Like, oh, he's trying, he's trying so hard, Like why is he trying so hard? He's not getting anywhere? And then like it grows, everyone's like fuck yeah, dude, Oh, I know, And that's crazy because you know too, when we're first starting, like we're talking every day about like is this cool or not? And like there's every pot, every pod.
Speaker 1: When we're starting it up and I'm tweeting and doing stuff, I'm just like part of you feels like you're a try hard sometimes because you know people might be thinking that way. And now it's like, I don't know, it's just different. It's just it's fun though.
Speaker 2: No, you're shit. It's hilarious on Twitter. The thing that I think is so funny too is clip that. The thing that he's funny too is like whenever like we lose or you always like between the Raiders, Washington football team and us, like you always find a way to get that dub that week the week, it was so fucking funny.
Speaker 1: This past week it was only you guys, bro. Thank god Washington lost, Raiders lost to the Bears. I don't know what fucking happened. And yeah, Nebraska obviously lost. Thank god for the boys. Oh hey, the main boys, the main boys.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're your main check them side pieces didn't do it for you this week? Huh, That sh it's funny? Do fans get mad at that you fucking I mean, you might lose some but everyone knows that it. We're just like fucking around, like damn. It's like that. The thing that's funny about your Twitter is like your Twitter has always been funny because like I remember when you were in the when you're in the you're in the hot tub and fucking Malcolm Butler thought you were the kicker. And I saw and I saw that tweet. We just we just like just met her like right before we met, and I thought that ship was so funny. And I remember people be like, hey, if you want to follow, follow funny like a Twitter profile. Wheel's the profile. And I just remember like thinking that ship was funny. And now it's like on steroids because you have like all these different outlets now, so the ships kind of going on. Hey you see what he meant. He mended it how I came in. I felt it. This is how I used to date in college. Dude. I used to break the shit out of them and then be like, hey, but you're beautiful, yeah, you're smart, and you're funny. Yeah, Like I remember the first I was a terrible boy friend in college. It was a terrible boyfriend in college. Yea, anyway, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has been good. We got we got a baby appointment here in thirty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes sweet, I got Ivy in twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's your boy Will here. I hope you guys thoroughly enjoyed this episode, because I know I did. We had a great time talking. Can't you remember all this stuff we said? But if you could, please subscribe, please leave comments, Please share this episode and also all of our merches out Spootober Merch, the Boys merch, Go shop for your team, go shop for the boys, and go shop for you. Holiday seasons coming up, so maybe you start thinking about that. But thank you for listening to this episode. Rate review, do all the fun stuff. The boys love you. JP loves you. We love and appreciate you the biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses.
Speaker 2: Keep being a fucking wolf.