Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, It's Lala Kent. Welcome to Untraditionally Laala. Hey, guys, it is Lalakent. Welcome to Untraditionally Laala. Today we're doing something very untraditional and having my haters on the podcast. And I just have to put it out there that I posted on Instagram that I was calling all haters for a face off. I was very underwhelmed because a lot of you are really fucking loud in the comments section, but when it comes to wanting to talk to me face to face, y'all run scared. It was. I mean, I'm actually very excited because we picked three three haters who had beef with Lalla and they're ready for a face off. And by the way, they may not like me, but I got mad respect for them because I truly I thought we were going to have an overwhelming amount of haters that we're ready to go toes. But that's why they call you trolls, because you stay in the holes. Let's have our first hater. Cameron.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, how.
Speaker 1: Are you how I'm doing excellent.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Tell me your name Cameron, Cameron, and where are you from? Denver, Denver, Colorado. Okay, I'm from Utah, so yeah, like we're like right there. All right, So you saw on Instagram that I was calling all haters and you're going to be shocked by this, but I didn't get very many. Really yeah, so I'm like, I know that they're out there, but I don't know that they're willing to face me. So right off the bat, I want to say that let's put some respect on your name, because you fucking showed up.
Speaker 2: I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Let's just deep dive what about me makes you not dig it?
Speaker 3: Well? I used to be a huge fan, Okay, a huge fan, like I listened to the Pods weekly, like I was huge fan.
Speaker 2: Your last season of vanderpumb.
Speaker 3: Rules like just lost me, like lost me the energy that you had, like at the Scandabal reunion, like going after Sandoval and Raquel, Like I feel like it just flipped during the last season, and you know, given I know you were going through a lot, I just felt like it was like not you and maybe you know, maybe it wasn't your thing, but like I just felt like you weren't a girl's girl. You were being hypocritical, and I just I feel like you just bet on the wrong horse and you lost a lot of fans.
Speaker 2: You know, I definitely you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: And I think if I could go back and pinpoint my emotions and convey them the right way. I was feeling a lot that like I didn't necessarily they were feelings I hadn't felt before, right, And it was a huge turn from like season ten going into season eleven, and I think season ten I would have been labeled very differently had I not been right.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like that entire season, I was actually being called like a scorned woman. I was angry, and then I just happened to be right, so everybody put me on a pedestal. Cut to we're going into season eleven. My adrenaline has now faded. I'm very vulnerable, I'm emotional. I'm sinking into the fact that like I have to share my child and that's just it is what it is. The fight is gone. I wish I could have gone about it differently. I have a lot of regrets. I have a lot of shame, But I don't think you're alone and feeling that way about me.
Speaker 5: Like your whole thing was like I don't want you in my circle if you're communicating with Randall and like I obviously there's a kit of ball, so it is a little bit different. But like that, like cutthroat energy, I feel like it should have been the same for.
Speaker 2: All the other girls.
Speaker 1: It should have been I should have been able to take a step back and say, like, not everyone's healing pross or situation is the same as mine, and whatever you need in this moment, I need to have your back and I didn't do that, however, getting the heat that I.
Speaker 2: Got on season eleven.
Speaker 1: If I could go back, I don't know that I would have given the two people who were responsible for scan of all that much heat because it's intense.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, hmm interesting, I like that.
Speaker 1: Well we all did what a moment to be alive, right, No, I did learn a lot And also like, I appreciate you getting on here and being honest with me because I know that you're not the only one. I feel like I had a lot of people who really fucked hard with me, and after that it was like, you don't know what you stand for, and to be honest, I didn't in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Sena like you like Shina like I hate Shana and you.
Speaker 2: You and like you.
Speaker 5: Being for the Shina like I just was like no, like, no, You're better than that.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I know you don't like me, but I'm really digging you. I love someone who can like come on here and face me and be like, this is why I don't fuck with you. You lost me and you picked the wrong horse, and I do I want to.
Speaker 3: Like you, but just the last season, we haven't seen anything since then. I mean then it's like I just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you fucking nailed it with me. I was a lost little soul.
Speaker 2: I went into hiding.
Speaker 1: I was just like wanting to be a mom and fall off the face of the earth. But hopefully I can. I can regain your likeness too, I hope.
Speaker 2: So on the Valley this season.
Speaker 3: I'm hopeful.
Speaker 2: I'm hopeful too. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Like fat, that like bulldog energy, like.
Speaker 2: Sensitive.
Speaker 1: Now I've never in my life given one damn about the comments section, and now I feel like any situation I go into, I have an out of body experience, like what will everyone think we're You've watched vander Pump. I never cared what people thought. I know, I know, all right, you've inspired me. I need that back, all right, betch you got it?
Speaker 2: Am I gonna give them Lala again? What the fuck is happening?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And maybe you should do day James too. Oh no, now you lost me. She wants a real throwback, Lallah, doesn't she. I had a heyday with you.
Speaker 1: I hope I can regain your likeness and I appreciate the ovaries that you have coming onto this podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet too, and I hope I hope.
Speaker 1: For some of that O g Lala all right because you told me so, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: You got it. Thank you, Cam, have the best day.
Speaker 4: You too, Bye bye bye, Well, hello, gorgeous? Well Hello, Oh we brought the hoops out.
Speaker 2: I love it for you anything and the purple?
Speaker 6: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have to tell you I put out that thing on Instagram which was like calling all haters, and I got like very little. So that either means I have no haters, which we all know that ain't true because I see him in the comments section.
Speaker 2: Little fucking trols.
Speaker 1: Not that you're a troll, but here you are. You've got the ovaries to face me.
Speaker 6: I'm not a comment section control.
Speaker 1: There we go, see you're well, here we go.
Speaker 2: I love it, So what about me? Do you not dig?
Speaker 6: So it was mostly I like, I already feel like the growth has come, like you've you've shown.
Speaker 2: It, and I'm happy about it.
Speaker 6: My beef comes from season eleven with the whole Katie situation. Okay, that broke my heart because I lived for you and Katie's friendship.
Speaker 2: I thought it was so real.
Speaker 6: You guys were, as you said, truth tellers and you are. And my favorite thing about you was season ten you said sticks and stones, baby, sticks and stones, But I don't go fuck your man. You don't do crazy shit. You might say some crazy shit, but you don't do it right. And I think that was where the beef came from, because I feel like season eleven reunion, you kind of came after Katie in that like Instagram kind of DM feed feud of no one really knows the real what was said. I was like, you guys are really friends, why are you hitting her with the Scotcha moment? Like you guys had actual conversations off camera, like you know, beyond cast. I felt like you guys were real and I was like, Lala, why are you going after Katie?
Speaker 2: Like what is this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you think it kind of breaks the fourth wall, you being like I wasn't the only one frustrated with Ariana. I wasn't the only one frustrated with how all of this was playing out. And I want to show that everybody else was frustrated too, right, But you stand so strong on your own that I was like, Lalla, come on girl, right.
Speaker 1: I think I lost a lot of people on season eleven and season ten. You have to remember, like, had I not been right about Raquel and Tom, I would have looked like a bitter woman, right, Like I just got lucky, truly.
Speaker 6: I think you sniffed that shit a mile away, though, oh.
Speaker 1: I sniff it out all the time, right, And I think it bothers people because cut to where we are now, and people will be like, La, La says the same thing, So and so's a narcissist. And I always say, put a different type of person in front of me and I'll have a different response. Season eleven, I was so beaten down in my own life where I had to come to terms with my reality. Where season ten I was in it. I had adrenaline. I was ready to fucking fight the fight. Season eleven was like, oh shit, this is my reality and how do I come to terms with this? So truth be told, I shouldn't have gone back to season eleven. I should have focused on my on my mental health and really coming to terms with what my life was going to be like for the long haul and with Katie.
Speaker 2: I still to this and it took me.
Speaker 1: It took me a while to get over it because I had anger, but then I had shame and sadness, and I had to work with my sponsor to pinpoint all of these emotions and then say what did I do? How do I clean my side of the street. But I felt I felt abandoned by her, And that's my perspective, that's my feeling.
Speaker 2: That is not a fact. That's just me saying that.
Speaker 1: I felt very isolated and like I was the only one kind of saying things behind the scenes, but also to the face. And so when I would get into a group of people and everyone fell silent, I felt so vulnerable and exposed and it just every nothing landed Season eleven. I still am trying to recover from it because it fucked me up. And I'm trying to get my confidence back from season eleven. I've never cared what people say about me. That was the first time where I was like, oh my god, I'm having an out of body experience.
Speaker 6: But like I will say, it's like, I dug it, I understood your POV. That's why, like, with all the shit that you've gone through in the past, I was annoyed to watching season eleven. I was saying, you know, Laala went through a lot of shit and was kind of belittled by it by a lot of people on that show. And then you know, Roles reversed. She's in a situation that you're like, hey, this is a little whacked up, like let's fix it for yourself, and everybody's like lever be, lever be, and you're like, but I see it. And then her coming in and being like, it's not about you, it's not about your situation. I was like, damn, Katie, Like she's just trying to relate, and I think I get that. I think me and you are I'm similar to you where I like to relate to people, but I get you saying this. Now I understand the abandonment because it's like you, it's the truth Tellers. You were like, you're my girl.
Speaker 2: You do this with me.
Speaker 6: I can't do it alone right now? Yeah, And that feels like where you were coming from. And you know it kind of for me, the beef stem from like she forgave if she was sitting and talking to Sandibal, why yeah, that garbage back? I know, no, but I mean, you know, tell me if I could say this or not. I think it kind of broke the fourth wall of you being like I need to secure my place here and I want the show to continue. I don't know if that's still like how you felt, but like maybe you kind of leaned into that so like it worked a little better.
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 4: Maybe it?
Speaker 1: So everyone was like, it's not Ariana's job to put food on your table. And I think what I was trying, what I was trying to say, is that show vander Pump Rules. Everything beyond it is because we're on vander Pump Rules. So it had nothing to do with like we need I need this show to pay my bills. It was like everything, Can we for a moment not act like we're too good for this stage because this is what started it all. Can we like not forget where we've come from from. We can definitely grow beyond it, but let's not shit on it.
Speaker 2: I felt that, I felt that hardcore.
Speaker 6: I felt like a lot of people were coming back to just be like I don't need this, or I don't want this, or my life's better off now, and it's like, let's take a moment and remember where we came from and how we got to this better.
Speaker 1: Life, right, And I wish that I could have conveyed myself a little bit better, but I was so I was so lost in my own emotions. I didn't I was feeling things I had never felt before, and so how I didn't know what to do with them. I felt like a toddler who was feeling emotion for the first time, and then you just see them throwing a tantrum because they don't know.
Speaker 2: How to deal with it. That's how I felt.
Speaker 6: I love that you recognize that, I really really do. It makes you such like a well rounded individual, and I get that. I do think that, Like in that season, you admit it, and it was one of my favorite interviews where you go, I have to practice forgiveness, and I think it was that I think you had your boxed up in of like I'm in Fitte modes and like you just said it, it came all out and I see that. I see that, and that's why I think it broke my heart where I like had the beef of like no, this doesn't seem like her, Like I was screaming at the TV.
Speaker 2: Like this is my girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that was the first season I didn't feel like myself, even in all the seasons where I was drinking, Season eleven was the one time that I felt like a very wounded bird.
Speaker 6: Oh now I get it, and that strength didn't come through I see it. I get it now, and like, you know, I get it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: And I hope you and Katie you can like get back to a place of peace. You know, it depends on whoever wants to have that relationship again. And yeah, I just see you becoming a more peaceful person. And like that's why I was like, I want to say my beef to her.
Speaker 2: I gotta let her know.
Speaker 6: I want to hear her side.
Speaker 1: And I'm so happy that you did. I like, I have so much respect for you for coming on here.
Speaker 2: You know. The trolls are loud in the comments section I.
Speaker 1: Was like, we're going to be flooded with with dms and emails.
Speaker 2: I was like, rickets, I'm like, I know they're out there. So I really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I hope you have the best day, and thank you so much for coming on my podcast.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Lala. You are an angel and I am so honored and blessed to be here. Many loves and kisses to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you you too, babe. Have the best day. Bye. Hi Mollie, Hello Ala, Hi Gorge. How are we right good?
Speaker 7: I had a take in a car. I'm actually a first time mom. I'm very excited to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Is the baby in the car?
Speaker 7: No, she's been side with her dad.
Speaker 2: Oh, how amazing. Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 7: I just didn't want to wake her. She was asleep, so I was like, oh, speak in the car.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So you wrote in that you have a beef with me or you don't like me, and I would love to know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I mean personally I do like you, okay, am I my My beef with you would be like seeing how a lot of your friendships unfold, So specifically, I think as a big podcast fan, actually would be with Jess Walters.
Speaker 2: I know that there's not like yeah yeah, yeah yeah, my old assistant.
Speaker 7: I know there's not like a lot out there about what happened. But as a mom, as a small business owner who works with her friends as well, I just feel like, when you have that close of our relationship with someone, it sucks to see that you couldn't have pushed forward to make that work continuously, whether on the professional side or friendship side.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to maintain her privacy, but it was her.
Speaker 2: It was her decision to leave.
Speaker 1: There were things that she wanted in the moment that for me, I couldn't give her right there, and at some you know, I love and adore her and I miss her so much. I literally texted her the other day saying like, I hope you know that I love you so much and I am so grateful for her. It gets so sticky when you bring when you have such a closeness, but then you're also responsible for paying that paying that person, and they're on your payroll. And I wanted to give her the sun, the moon, and the stars, but I also have to make sure that like in the process of doing that, that the timing is right, because I also have a family that I have to, you know, make sure that they have food on the table, and I wish it could have ended differently. Timing is everything, but I still to this day like she'll pop up on my phone and my heart just feels so sad. And there are moments, babe, where I look back on friendships and I do have to say, you know, you are the problem in that, and then there's nothing I can do about the timing was off, my reaction may have been off, and it is sad, but that's life. And I've always been someone who wants to keep a very tight circle. I don't enjoy a lot of people around me, and my psychic told me that I have to burn bridges, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, if I burn anymore, and just gonna be no one left.
Speaker 1: But from an outside perspective, if I were looking in on me, I'd be like, this bitch is insane. She like can't keep any friendships or relationships.
Speaker 2: Like I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking at you thinking you're crazy. I definitely have had my Taylor Swift moments of Hey, Hi, I'm the problem.
Speaker 2: It's me. It's something that I need to I can't.
Speaker 1: Be all in so quickly, and I have to be more transparent about what I can do and what I can't do. So when I make new friends, I tell them I may not be the friend that you want because I'm not going to be texting you back all the time. I'm not going to answer every phone like I. That's just who I am. So if you're looking for a best friend, like I'm like a friend, but I'm also thirty five years old with babies. You're a new mom, and you now know that your priorities are gonna shift a.
Speaker 2: Bit, right, Yes, definitely, Yeah, things are gonna be different.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that I handle things the right way, but it is what it is. And I'm just so thrilled that you like had the the ovaries to come on the podcast and face me and tell me the beef you have.
Speaker 2: You're a bad bitch.
Speaker 1: Of course I'm gonna let you go be with your sleeping baby. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: I'm wishing you all the best.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Of course, Bye, babe. Okay, that was actually very amazing. I just I don't even want to say faced off with three haters because they were actually like very productive conversations and honest, and I loved that. It all kind of boils down to one thing. We liked you. But season eleven you lost me and I became not a fan. And I don't quite know how that makes me feel, because actually I know exactly how it makes me feel. It reminds me that although I'm on a TV show, like the audience does very much put you in a box, and when you're doing a TV show and then you kind of go home and you're with yourself, and cameras are not capturing every single moment of your life, right and season eleven, as you guys know it, I was very much in a very very dark place. I had told my agent a million in one times, I do not want to go back. I am in a bad spot. I'm in a bad place trying to wrap my head around the fact that my life is my life, and I have to accept that I was angry, I was depressed. I was deeply saddened by just like what my reality was. And then I was having to go in and film a show and focus on other people and have feelings about other people when I barely knew my own thoughts about myself and my own life, and it was one of the most difficult seasons I've ever filmed. And so to hear that when I was in the darkest, most vulnerable place of my life, that's when people didn't like me anymore, that's like really tough to hear because that was. Yes, I could have handled it very differently with Katie, with Ariana, but I can't go back, and I can't handle something differently that I've never done before. There were so many motions that I was feeling that I was like, what is this. I literally felt like I was floundering. I was in the middle of the ocean by myself, just like praying to God that someone was going to rescue me. I blew up my own spot. I shot myself in the foot, But it was real, like what I went and said, how I was feeling. What I went and did, that was me doing the best that I could in that moment. And if I lost people during that time, then you know, I have to be okay with that. I truly believe that we're all here and our journeys and our life story was written in the star as well before we even got here, and I don't think that there's any mistakes in life. And maybe that's just what I have to tell myself in order to sleep okay at night. But I've had to work very hard. And it was just recently, and you have to remember that that season was I think over two years ago. It's taken me that long to somewhat regain a little bit of confidence, regain some self worth, you know, it to take me from, you know, the deepest, darkest place I think I've been in a very long time, and then add the public's perception of me. I was in a dark hole and I'm a crier by nature, but this was like a deep sadness crying every day that Easton and my mom had to like get me out of. I had to avoid the internet. I was trying to create a safe space for the baby that I had wanted for a couple of years. At that point. It was a funky place and if I could go back, I would. And I'm not the same person, and I don't want to say that that's in a good way.
Speaker 2: Like I it knocked me off my knocked me off.
Speaker 1: My rocker, and I'm still trying to gain, you know, some sort of identity of who I, you know, used to be because now I second guess everything that comes out of my mouth, right like, because I know it's always going to go back to that like you did this season eleven. I'm always going to be labeled a hypocrite. And it's just intense and I'm trying to work through it. So Cameron the first I don't even want to label her as a hater. Who Cameron, who had beef with me, said that I'm not a girl's girl, and I have to be honest, you guys, and you're all gonna.
Speaker 2: Come for me.
Speaker 1: I fucking hate that term girls girl. None of us are following it. It puts a target on your back when you label yourself a girl's girl, because that means you can never have beef with another woman. And I don't know if I can say that I'm I do feel like in this upcoming season of The Valley In from my perspective, I think I'm a girl's girl.
Speaker 2: But I also really.
Speaker 1: We hate that term because none of us are following it, not even me. None of us are girls girls all right, Because I have to be honest, The people who are telling me I'm not a girl's girl in the comment section are fucking dragging me to filth. So you're also not a fucking girls girl bitch, Like everyone, shut the fuck up, it doesn't exist. It puts a target on your back. I don't want to be labeled that. I don't want to claim it. I will say being a woman is the hardest thing on the planet because we don't have a safe space. We don't have a safe space when it comes to toxic masculinity, which is alive and well, and we don't have a safe space amongst each other either. It's like every woman for themselves. And I am a lone wolf. I am guarded, I am nervous, I am scared. I am all these things that I never in a million years thought that I would fucking be. And I know, slowly but surely I will reclaim who I am. But there's always no matter who you are, there will always be a moment that you experience where you're like, that moment changed who I am, and I don't know that I will ever be the same person.
Speaker 2: Season eleven was one of those.
Speaker 1: Moments, like my dad passing, of course, getting sober, of course you're a different person, but like you learn to cope, right, It's like it's a sadness, but there's something beautiful at the end of it, like with the healing. With this, there's nothing beautiful about it, like I'm always gonna have. I have to wear it like a fucking scarlet letter. It's suffocating, but I can't control other people, and I always say I can only control myself, so like, shake it off, bitch. I have still had the hardest fucking time shaking it off. So and how crazy I thought that the haters would come on and have like all sorts of things, and it always goes back to season eleven. What I would give to go back in time and have my team listen to me when I said, do not send me back. I want out. I gotta focus on myself.
Speaker 2: Fuck you know.
Speaker 1: It was a part of the journey and here we are. So you guys, thank you for listening. If you want to face off with me, your little fucking haters, I would love to see your gorgeous faces, so make sure you email slide in the DMS at untraditionally la la pod.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Don't just stay in the comments section like let's have a face off. I love you, guys, and I'm gonna catch you for the bonus on Monday and again next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.