Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Coveno and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Covino Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's us. Good day, I said, you day. Just try to have a good one. I know it's tough to you.
Speaker 2: Rich, wishing upon my mets Chase Stadium, snow Globe do something.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we gonna talk again.
Speaker 1: We are broadcasting line from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Sesame Street has helped raise all of us. Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at Sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich Davis, and we're looking for contestants. At eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox, we got Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom, this hour and more.
Speaker 3: But first we rock out and Rich.
Speaker 1: As I sip on my soda, here I see this picture of Santy claus Can. I shamelessly promote something I was surprised to see on Disney Plus yesterday. Oh yeah, they have the Toys that Built America on Disney Plus and I'm part of that series season three. So the Toys that Built America Season three, episode eight, there's an episode called the Santa That Built America in the History of Santa Claus and your boy Me. I'm on it talking about it.
Speaker 2: Holiday's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking about Santa and I give you the history and Evolution of Christmas. And it's on Disney Disney Plus season three, episode eight of the Toys That Built America up. But get this, this is for the adults in the family.
Speaker 3: All right, Tell the kiddies to watch Rudolph later on.
Speaker 2: All right, don't watch with the kids. But Cavino is a Santa expert. What is this guy not?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, Sanna. I was always number one on his list.
Speaker 1: I got a thing with Santa. I was one of his favorites. Always again, I'm Covino.
Speaker 2: I feel like Santa gave me early colon my stocking in the form of Yo, later Edwin Diaz and later pen Alanza.
Speaker 1: Oh seriously, that's Rich Davis. Danny G's on the phones at eighty seven to seven ninety nine O Fox our super producer, battling the cold but getting better. We got Iowa Sam, we got Dan Byer, we got Spot getting ready for Midweek Major the biggest stories in sports and pop culture. We decide if they're mid Week or Major. Now again, looking for contestants. If you want to play this game, yeah, it's called Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom. Mike runs this place and he always struts around spreading his old guy wisdom. Who's older, by the way, Philip Rivers or mikel runs this place.
Speaker 2: Oh I was I was gonna say, uh, that's gonna say uh Ebeneezer Scrooge, Mike or Philip Rivers. Mike's got wisdom and hopefully h you learn something. So if you want to play, all you got to do is repeat his ridiculous words of wisdom verbatim, word for word, and you win a prize. It's that simple. And speak of Philip Rivers cove.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the viral video of It's not a video, it's just the meme of Philip Rivers new headshot for the Colts and it's Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you there's so many old guy jokes going around, and I mean, he's a grandpa. I'm watching him at the press conference right now talking about how his wife and kids are a little concerned, the nervous, but he's real excited.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: The last time he played, we were talking about COVID, you know, and that's the last time they made the playoffs with Philip Rivers. He's in good position to do it again. It's a it's an interesting story. I'll leave it at that. I'm excited to see where it goes. But we'll be talking more about him this hour.
Speaker 2: I do want to say Cove that if you are a Colts fan, I'm not saying all is not lost. I still think it's gonna be an uphill battle. You got the Seahawks, then you have the Niners. You're playing a bunch of good teams with maybe Philip Rivers. But Drake May you know the guy we've been talking about, possible MVP candidate. He's saying that he trained with Philip Rivers within the last year and Philip Rivers is beating him and throwing competitions like don't sleep on the fact that Philip Rivers has stayed prepared. He's coaching his kid. He's at the high school field throwing and running drills all the time. So it's not like Philip Rivers has been sitting on the couch scratching his ass Seaton potato chess.
Speaker 1: When you say he's been coaching his kid apparently, Rivers ran the same exact offense as the Cults for his kids high school team. So yeah, he's like extra familiar with the offense. He's been running it as a high school coach. So now we see him in the NFL. All right, so the phones are lighting up at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We do it every Wednesday. Mike has wisdom. He has words you have to remember and repeat verbatim, and if you do, you win a football. A' lah Philip Rivers.
Speaker 3: All right, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 5: Just for clarification, guys, Big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 4: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom.
Speaker 6: On a Wednesday, when making dinner for your children, it doesn't have to be fancy, just edible and not on fire.
Speaker 1: That's pretty wise of Mike to make sure the kiddies are safe. So if you can repeat that verbatim, you win a prize. Simple as that. And if you're busy you can't call in right now. There's other ways. Follow our YouTube page, Covino and Rich FSR say some nice things, get Tonyg's attention. If he emails you, you get a prize, or just follow the podcast, leave a nice review Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcasts, so we'll take some.
Speaker 2: Also wisdom by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why you aren't feeling it?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I'm saying, like, you know, w a TV show gets renewed and they're like, oh, we never thought beyond this. Did Mike think be on doing this a few weeks?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, or maybe it's so wise, it's just over our heads, you know. Maybe, so maybe do you.
Speaker 7: Want to hear it one last time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Maybe maybe there's a deeper meeting that's going right past us.
Speaker 6: When making dinner for your children, it doesn't have to be fancy, just edible and not on fire.
Speaker 3: That's pretty easy.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything deep to that.
Speaker 1: For a great stocking stuff for a CNR on FSR brand new super Grip, Turbo Grip Nerve football, your chance to win out. You could repeat it verbatim and while we get the phone calls, Danny G's on the phones. Rich, have you seen this clip of mad Dog speaking of old guys? Mad Dog eh kem doing Rich Maga.
Speaker 2: Yes, And speaking of Philip Rivers. One last thought I was thinking about you said the last time he played was COVID. There's been so many like NFL player experiments that have coming gone since Philip Rivers actually played, like Trey Lance on the Niners, Zach Wilson, like there have been like storylines that have like started and finished since he played. So five years in the league is a long time.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll hold that thought because if we have time, you know, maybe we'll talk about things that have happened since then. Like there's a lot of time in between there no doubt. So that's the last time they made the playoffs. Congrats on you know, staying in shape and taking that risk and prolonging your Hall of Fame NFL Hall of Fame eligibility because that resets now I mentioned mad Dog Russo. Now keep in mind we work with that guy for years. We were fans of his growing up, so anything we say we say respectfully.
Speaker 3: There's a clip of him. I can't see what court.
Speaker 1: He's on, but he's either on a professional basketball court or college court.
Speaker 3: Oh it's Asus.
Speaker 1: He's had an As, he's ad an Asu. He's on the ASU basketball court and he's taking shots, you know, basketball shots.
Speaker 2: And that shot looked like ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's taking that's a good one. Man.
Speaker 1: That was ass And Dan Orlowsky, his colleague at ESPN, actually posted it and he said, man, this is awful. I think that the quote was this is awful, and it's mad Dog doing his old guy dribble.
Speaker 2: Bob.
Speaker 1: He's doing his best Bob Cousy dribble and then shot and he looks so terrible.
Speaker 2: You know, Dan Patrick, he does one crossover double dribbles a couple times and then like throws the ball up with one arm.
Speaker 3: Dude, he does that babbleverble, babblverble.
Speaker 1: I believe there's a promo that runs here often on Fox Sports Ready about Dan Patrick and his crew being the worst when it comes to, you know, living a life of but being the worst athletes, something along those lines. I think mad Dog Russo takes the cake because he has no form?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: And again it's all in fun.
Speaker 1: And you know he's in his sixties, so who knows where it will be again?
Speaker 2: So he starts by dribbling, crossover, three steps, dribbles again, travels.
Speaker 1: This is completely airball, almost falls at the end, almost falls, Like everything about it was funny.
Speaker 2: Here's the question I have for you guys, is it is it funny? And just like yo, mad Dog's a great sport, which he is, right of course he is. Or or would you not expose yourself like that? Meaning if you're a guy that talks about sports for a living and you're known to be like that guy and you're you're on the radio or TV or podcast criticizing athletes.
Speaker 1: It's one thing, rich, It's one thing to be a good sport, right, and props to mad Dog. But I live by the words of marvelous Marvin Hagler, where it's never let them see a sweat, And that applies in several different ways in my mind. Meaning you know how many women I disappointed in my life because they saw me like try to dance because in their mind I'm this Latino guy, I must have some salt some moves, and those salt some moves might translate in the bedroom. And let's say I just went goofy a little bit at a party or something, and they see how I really move, man, I basically canceled myself out of their mind because I exposed myself. So based on that, I'm saying, you don't always go for it. I don't think you exposed yourself that way. You keep the fantasy alive. If you know your skill set, and you know what you're good at and what you're not good at, you you lean into what you're good at.
Speaker 2: Perfect I'm glad you said this because I have two examples in our show's history where I, for one time I thought our video guy spot was spitefully sabotaging.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: We were at the MLB All Star Festival, Yeah, and you and I were doing some VP in a batting cage. I was ripping line drive line drive, line drive. One pitch, I lunged and missed it. He posts on Instagram like two swings, one of them is the one I missed. I'm like, did you do that on purpose? And I know for a fact we didn't event once a top golf and you admit you're not much of a golfer. I'm not saying I'm a Tiger Woods, but you don't. You don't want to post like your weak ass golf swing, do you know? No?
Speaker 1: I don't even want to let anyone know how bad I am. So it's not that I'm the guy who doesn't participate. I want to participate in things that I'm good at, right. I want to magnify and lean into the things that show me in a good light, not things that make me look lame. And I think this makes man dog look like a good sport, but it also makes him look very lame because he's a guy that built a career in sport.
Speaker 2: It's that's that's the other side talking about it. He could say, I just talk about him. I don't play him.
Speaker 1: I mean, he pulls a hamstring, he travels, he throws an airball, he almost falls. Like there's so many things going on in this clip that's gone viral.
Speaker 7: Why not at least use both your hands in arms to push the ball like off.
Speaker 3: Your chest a football pass.
Speaker 2: I just watched it, Danny g Look at look at the last second Covino's right, Thank God for mad Dog's sake, because he's a good dude. Think God, he does it. It looks he almost pulls it Achilles at.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, he looks tight. Handis there.
Speaker 7: It looks like a sniper shot him.
Speaker 1: No, it really does. And knowing him, it's even funnier. And he is a funny guy, So I get it. Uh and clearly not taking himself too serious in this moment. But or maybe when you get older, richly you stop caring about how you're perceived in that way.
Speaker 2: I really I don't care for the most part. But our video guy, spot, do you remember what I'm talking about? Because you got all snippy with me. I remember this. It was at the All Star Game this past summer. We were hanging with MLB. We had a great relig you can still do with Major League Baseball. We went to the fan fest and we did a little VIP tour. Cavino and I took about fifty swings each. I probably missed one ball and that was part of the clip you posted, and you were like, who curs.
Speaker 8: I mean, there was a lot of stuff to process, but I sent it through AI to get like the best shot and.
Speaker 3: That's what it gave me back. Yeah, I gave you the worst time. I'm gonna blame artificial intelligence on this one.
Speaker 2: But Sam, I'm not even joking. I'm not saying I'm uh, you know, I'm though. Pete Alonzo knew Baltimore.
Speaker 3: We took here like one low light out of forty nine highlights. Yo, Sam, I'm in the cage rippon, Sam, there weren't that many.
Speaker 2: I was hilarious one I lunge one time it hit like a little like a foul ball or missed it, and spots like that's the one that makes our sizzle reel at So.
Speaker 1: The question based on this fun viral video of Chris Man dog Russo, our old Palin colleague who's sixty six for the record, and still bringing it.
Speaker 2: I he posted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you go for it or do you not expose yourself? Because now, exposing yourself times sometimes makes you appear to be like a stick in the mud and no fun.
Speaker 3: And I get that.
Speaker 1: I'm accused of that a lot too, But I'd rather sit it out than give people ammunition to make fun of.
Speaker 2: Me about you know, I have a question when you think of social media.
Speaker 3: And then I'm disappointing myself.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: The sentiment Camino is that, hey, listen, don't take social media serious. It's all bs. In fact, what do you tell younger kids. You probably tell your teenage daughter, Hey, melody. Social media is other people's highlight reel. It's not real life. They're only posting the good moments they're They're posting the picture of you know them on date night where they're looking all beautiful. They're not picturing them having a fight with their boyfriend in pajamas. You know.
Speaker 1: You know, she says When I say that, she takes her headphone out and says, would you say that? And I see nothink you can go back to your nonsense.
Speaker 2: And I bring that up because I wonder if there's something authentic about throwing the real you out there. I saw our buddy Rob Parker bowling. But isn't the real you like things you lean into? But all right, Rob? Right, Rob's a good friend of ours. Yeah, Oh, I can't say I didn't notice that he posted a video of him bowling and he got like a six on. It was like I would post I would want to post a strike Steve ache Am. I thinking him I like, am I carried too much? Like you want to?
Speaker 7: Danny?
Speaker 2: Would you want to post you throwing a six?
Speaker 7: Of course not, But as you mentioned, you can't take yourself too seriously. But your story about your swing and miss it reminds me of a famous Ben Maller story. His listeners still torture him over this. He had a meet and greet in Minnesota and the venue he held it at they had the axe throwing and a listener filmed him and he swears it's the only miss he had. This axe that Mallard throws bounces and ricochets all over the place and almost kills a listener. And to this day he's like, I swear I was good at it. That was the That was the one bad throw im.
Speaker 4: Look look look I just did it.
Speaker 2: No, I get you. I can't do it, Danny. How do you think I'm being serious? Because we're pals with him, and I know it haunts him. We worked at Serious ExM for decades. Right. How do you think Baba Booie feel about that? Week feels that he's been a radio producer for thirty forty years? Or Howard Stern maybe the most famous producer in old school radio, right that one of the things you first think of is Baba Booe Gary del Bote's first pitch that sucked.
Speaker 1: A lifelong Mets guy too, like baseball fan. He's a hardcore baseball fan.
Speaker 2: You know, like fifty cent Yeah, you might be thinking, oh, the documentary maker from Netflix about did he? No, I'm thinking the guy that can throw first pitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't want to be embarrassed like that.
Speaker 1: And again, like if it's act storring and I'm not good at it and I never expected to be good at it, I care a little less something that I was once pretty decent at and now I stink at Nah, I'll pass on that. And so your thoughts again, the question is do you go for it or do you never expose yourself in that way? But right now, Rich, we got to see if we got a winner. Okay, okay, cool, let's.
Speaker 2: Get a winner. And then I want to tie it into one other quick thought before we get to midweek major. Who do we got Danny?
Speaker 7: All Right? The first listener through is Craig in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Craig, what's up about?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 4: How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: You want to repeat the words of wisdom or what let's let's win a prize for the holidays.
Speaker 7: Sure, all right, Craig, let the music marinate, cool whenever you're ready.
Speaker 9: Okay, so what I.
Speaker 4: What exactly am I doing?
Speaker 2: So that's.
Speaker 3: I've never I've never played this, so it's like.
Speaker 7: It's okay, you just need to repeat back what Big Mike's words of wisdom were verbatim.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think he's going to do I think he's exposing himself.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this isn't going the way.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, this isn't going the way I thought it was. That's why.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, yeah, you just exposed himself. He's a bonhead. He called up the radio and had no idea.
Speaker 5: What and then about it to be like a Patrick Mahomes, you know, call back on Tuesday, Tuesday for Mahomes Trivia.
Speaker 3: Appreciate maybe the last one standing on Monday.
Speaker 7: Well, Craig, now that you know how the game goes, try next Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were, Craig, Mike word for word, it's pretty simple.
Speaker 7: Thank you for trying. John and Illinois up next. Hey, thank you, Craig.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say give give Craig a big thank you because you can't look bad at all.
Speaker 3: Now, what's up?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, let's hear this.
Speaker 7: When making dinner for your children, it doesn't have to be anything fancy, edible and not on fire.
Speaker 3: What sorry, he stumbled it, he followed.
Speaker 2: It sounded so good.
Speaker 3: They were so confident. Yeah, it sounded great. I love you missed the word?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Who else do we got?
Speaker 1: Danny g eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Verbatim to win the CNR NERF to Grip Football.
Speaker 7: All right? Up? Third is Jim and Boise.
Speaker 4: Jim, come on, hey, when you're cooking?
Speaker 3: No, my goodness, isn't that hard?
Speaker 7: And we played it twice?
Speaker 3: Should we should we define what verbata means, ver beta means word for word? Yeah, there you go? All right? Is this the last? We get? Five chances?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: All right? One more, let's go another one round?
Speaker 1: Four Covino and Rich Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom for a prize. Hey, we're just trying to get back to to you for the holidays.
Speaker 7: All right. Rick in Kansas is up next.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rick and Kansas, let it breathe and let's go.
Speaker 10: We're making dinner for your kids.
Speaker 9: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: Man, the controversy.
Speaker 1: Let's just strike out here the plot thickens because this is the last and final round.
Speaker 7: For a prize. Yeah, we'll have to do that on the other side.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll do it on the other side.
Speaker 1: Who could repeat it verbatim for a style stuff for the coveted, brand new nerve football.
Speaker 3: We'll get to it next.
Speaker 1: Plus we'll continue with go for It or Don't expose yourself and midwek Major Rich.
Speaker 3: We got to get to midweek Major.
Speaker 2: All right, All next right here CNR on Fox Sports Radio Now quick timeout, time out, holiday upgrade check. Are you still watching games on an old weak ass TV? Well, if so, people are making funny behind your back. I can tell you that no one wants to go to your house to watch a game. And when people cancel plans last minute, I know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your TV shouldn't tap out in the red zone. Tcls QM eight k QD Mini LED is the real MVP, Ultimate brightness, ultimate black levels for the ultimate experience. It's like show. Hey, it's like Judge. It's the real MVP. Bro pictures so clear you can almost taste the turf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not just football. You could be watching Christmas movies with the family. You could, you know. I said this the other day to you gamers. Think about what a Crystal Clear tc I would do if you're a gamer. Jeez, here's the play. Holiday savings off select TCL TV is going on right now. Go premium with the QM eight K that's brilliant, picture, huge sound the ultimate choice, or GREB the versatile QM six K for the elevated game day experience.
Speaker 1: Don't overthink it, locking the ultimate experiences with epic savings and undeniable bragging rights all season long.
Speaker 3: Get it while supplies last.
Speaker 2: TCL Official TV partner of the NFL. Find TCL at all major retailers. TCL Bigger, brighter, better holidays, select models, limited time. See all major retailers for details.
Speaker 10: Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it, Jed. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows.
Speaker 4: Tube Pros and a cup of Joe, Dan Patrick.
Speaker 9: Colin Cowherd, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment.
Speaker 1: Happy Holidays from Covino Enrich the Fox Sports Radio family to yours. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And for over forty years, Tyreck's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive, shift fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options, installation installation like mobile tire installation, tyraq dot com, way tire buying should be and Sesame Street helped raise all of us. Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you. Now we're in the middle of playing Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom. We have one last shot at getting it right, repeating his words of wisdom verbatim.
Speaker 3: Who do we got, damy g.
Speaker 7: Fifth and final try Gary and Idaho, Gary.
Speaker 3: Let's go Gary.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 10: When making dinner for your children, it doesn't have to be fancy, just edible and not on fire.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's aware.
Speaker 3: So man, that's ha.
Speaker 1: You're doing it Congratsling, that's a holiday prize stocking stuff for for all the coveted Turbo Grip CNR and FSR Nerve football Danny g You'll be sending one out and stay on hold.
Speaker 3: Congrats man, Thanks Gary, and I also want to I also want to.
Speaker 1: Give people on the live chat Rich on our YouTube live chat Covino and Rich FSR join the fun and watch what you hear.
Speaker 3: They got it right too, but you gotta call in to play this game. But props to you, Cove.
Speaker 2: We mentioned Gary Baba Booie dell about that, and that guy's name was Gary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always had a fun fact that I love dropping is that we had Rick Springfield on our show once, the legend Rick Springfield. Yeah, and he said the name of the song was Gary's Girl. But he thought in the eighties, Gary wasn't like the coolest name. So he's like, he just didn't changed it to Jesse, so it was actually Gary's Girl. But he's like, Gary didn't seem like a cool eighties name.
Speaker 1: Well, that guy seemed pretty cool to me. He's the big winner, He's the cool guy today. Congrats. That is a great fun fact, Rich. But now it's time I wish it I had Gary's girl. Yeah, not the same ring.
Speaker 3: Now, uh, it's time for mid Week Major.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Coveno and Rich get you over the middle of the week when mid Week Major Major.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 9: We throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 11: Say, that's summit.
Speaker 1: We definitely major.
Speaker 4: See it our score mid Week Major.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, let's go fast here to give Spotty eight full minutes. I don't want them before I hand things over to the number one and only host of this segment. Usually we roll the two big red glove dice, but since Covino sitting over there in the main studio by himself, you're in the home.
Speaker 3: Studio, cove tryank sole advantage.
Speaker 7: Look what I'm holding?
Speaker 3: Oh, Ben Mallards ass Penny disc.
Speaker 7: Continued, Ask Penny, I'm gonna flip it. You call it in the air, all.
Speaker 3: Right, heads? Heads, I win tails, which is loose?
Speaker 7: It is head? Yeah, that means Covino gets first take. And now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Judy Bloom from Scotch Plains New Jersey Spotty Boy.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, Hi, spot how are you. Let's jump right in. How's it going.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's on my list of stories, so we might as well just tap into it. Have some quotes talking about Philip Rivers ready to get back on the field, of course, not without some concern from his family and his wife. Spoke with the media earlier today, marking his first time on the NFL podium since twenty twenty one in his retirement. So, when asked about his retirement, said his wife is quite anxious. My wife has been a big fan the whole time I played, and she's nervous about the physical aspect of it, as you would expect any wife to be. He said, there's always been a risk in the two hundred and fifty games he played. Whether you're twenty four in the best shape, or you're forty four and not so sure, anything can happen. That has never been a concern of mine. He said he didn't walk away because he felt like he was done. He just wanted to spend time with his family and he did. He has what ten kids? Ten kids.
Speaker 3: I believe he's a grandpa midweeker major.
Speaker 2: He stays in shape.
Speaker 1: I think everything about this story is interesting and major for sure. Because we're all going to be tuned in to see what he still has. Root for the old guy. Really, he's the best choice. There's so many questions. Forty four. Again, that's a young man in life, but an old guy on the field, especially when you haven't played in five years. And he also said at the press conference, no zoom, let's go because the last time he was on the podium, the last time he was doing press it was twenty twenty, so everything was zoom and covid and miserable, and I could see a part of him not wanting to go out like that and you know, doing it live in front of people again, So that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: So very major. I mean, I agree, it's major.
Speaker 2: I mean folage on Philip Rivers. In fact, I hate to say this agains dam by ah forget it, he's a Camino guy. Anyway, if they beat the Seahawks, what a cool upset special that would be their double digit underdogs. But a Philip Rivers takes the feel for the Colts and they beat the hot Seahawks. That's just another amazing story for the twenty twenty five NFL season. And interestingly enough, like you said, it's been a minute. We just saw Lebron James. Who's you know anyone forty plus? Lebron has like arthritis and old guy injury, so it's always a risk, especially at that age. But wishing them the best.
Speaker 3: All right over to the not so hot Chiefs.
Speaker 8: Travis Kelsey didn't hold back sharing his feelings on the state of the cheeks. Cheeks the cheeks they are cheeks they are on this week's New Heights podcast episode. So after they went six to seven this past we Sunday, Kelsey said, it's I'm gonna have to censor myself here. It's a scfing feeling, especially dropping the effing ball late in the game, like we when we were on our last efing chance to make something shake.
Speaker 3: He's emotional.
Speaker 8: His brother, of course, there to support him, but Travis says he'll put his heart on the line for the last four games of the season because his teammates and the Chiefs Kingdom deserves it. He said, we're gonna keep e fin' rolling. Oh and if you're a big Kelsey fan, I know Rich Cavino, you're a big Jason kelce F fan. He's chopping a new holiday song this week with his company Garage Beard. It's going to be released on the website special holiday vinyl Collector's Edition with Travis Kelcey reading a story.
Speaker 7: If you want to catch that midweek or major.
Speaker 1: I'd say the second half of the story with Jason singing his messing.
Speaker 3: Who cares about that?
Speaker 7: That's so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not buying it, but props to him. He's very entertaining.
Speaker 1: As far as Travis, I'd say that's major because I see the writing on the wall and it says Rich Davis is a weenie, and it says this is the last Hurrah Kelsey and that's why I'm Mahome said something along the lines recently of like he just wants to appreciate his moments with Kelsey while he's around, something along those lines. Yea, and yeah, I'm glad that he cares, but this is not how he wanted to go out. Unfortunately, that's just how.
Speaker 2: It is now. I think it's major because you could argue this is America's team Cowboys versus the Chiefs was a record breaking not only attendant's a viewership, so there's still an interest for the Chiefs and the Taylor Travis Kelcey thing is still a big story. They're gonna get married next year. The fact that they're not gonna make the postseason, I'll be honest, it's an l for the NFL. Luckily the NFL is a is you know king anyway, but this is a big deal. And as far as Kelsey's bro Jason singing, Kimino's full of it because what are you gonna listen to the waitresses? I forgot Cranberry's too.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Come on, what do you listen to?
Speaker 3: That's my favorite Christmas jam? Yeah, okay, Giants.
Speaker 8: Giants bing Crosby, Yeah, club Giants running back can Scataboo shared a big social media update today and that it's a he's back on his walking. So he posted a clip on his social earlier today of him walking into the team facility without the assistance.
Speaker 7: Of a scooter or a boot.
Speaker 8: So it's been about two months since his gruesome injury where his foot was like spun around facing the wrong way. He said, quote, God is good man. Just want to say thank you to everybody that's supported. We're getting back. Let's go Midweek or Major Major. I love this dude. No scooter, what's that a boot. I think this is great. I think this is great news.
Speaker 1: You know, he's a young player, he caught a tough break and we want to see him recover fully and we want him to bring that energy back to the NFL. That was a fun storyline for everybody, especially for Giants fans. So it's good to see that he's recovering, that he's already moving forward.
Speaker 2: That you said fully, Dan, I think it's major too. I love it. I love the camp scatterby scaty skitty dark connection. I don't think he's officially like there yet until they start headbutting again, but I think it's a great story for the NFL. I think every year we talk about how every story, every team has its own storyline. And the Giants already have their setup for next year, bottom feeder type of team. They got some good young talent, can they build around it. The Giants are going to be very interesting offseason team. And I think when they start selecting, like who's gonna be hard knocks, who's who? Would not want to see those guys.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: Considering a career change, well, you might want to be considered being a water boy.
Speaker 3: I know you do a great.
Speaker 2: So I think you're gonna start telling me about skate USA dot com or something.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I know you do a great water boy impression.
Speaker 8: Well, new reports have been revealed that show the current average salary for a water boy, and some fans are stune. It fluctuates depending on the team, but the average is fifty to sixty thousand dollars a year, So they tend to be paid less during the offseason and don't get paid during preseason. But most water boys do have a background in athletics and qualityho are officially classed as being part of the team's training staff. They also are expected to sign a non compete which restricts them from jumping from team to team, so they take it very seriously and it's more than just carrying a bottle of water. They tape up guys, provide treatment during the week before and after games, and it's more of an apprenticeship as part of the training staff to learn the craft.
Speaker 3: So midweek or major this is mid we're talking water boys.
Speaker 1: In related news, wedding singers also make fifty Bobby Bouchet and Robbie Hart both make about fifty to sixty k a year.
Speaker 3: I think it's cool, but it's not that major. It's kind of mid.
Speaker 2: I think it's major. And I'll tell you what, I never knew that water boys had not competes. You can't give water to anyone else, you hear me. You can't give anyone else water. But I do think it's interesting because we forget that ball boys or ballgirls. Water boys. We think that it's like a silly position. But they are part of the staff, a part of the training. You know, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Rich As a guy in radio, I can tell you straight up, I don't care. I was working in late nineteen hundreds driving radio station vans, but my full time salary was twenty four thousand a year.
Speaker 3: So to see what.
Speaker 1: Water boys are getting paid sixty thousand a year to be surrounded by really cool people and live in the dream sort of for a young person, it's not too shabby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean cool. Don't pay the bills though.
Speaker 3: It's a good entry point. No, but it's it's somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's a much if that's your entry point to being part of the training staff and like the head trainer or something that's you know, I feel that's that's cool.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: Spot over to the real news, all right, dam buyer to take it away, Hi, dB.
Speaker 3: Fellas, what's going on?
Speaker 5: We have the big news from college football as the University of Michigan has fired at football coach Sharon Moore with cause after two seasons. Michigan athletic director Ward Manuel released a statement saying they have credible evidence that Moore had an inappropriate relationship with a staff member. Assistant Biff Pogi will service the team's interim head coach. In the Citrus Bowl, quarterback Philip Rivers, Yeah, you fished this. I just practice squad deal today. Of course there comes the whole Hall of Fame conversation where Rivers is pushing off the possible and trime in in Canton by coming back to the game.
Speaker 11: It's a real honor to be mentioned with those other twenty five guys, certainly, But you know that's just I'm not holding my breath on that, and I'm not I hadn't been counting down the years and with all respect to the Hall.
Speaker 4: And if one day I can be a part of that group, it.
Speaker 11: Will be special. But the extension of that time, if that comes to be, is not was not a factor.
Speaker 7: Am I thinking Riley Leonard did practice fully for the Colts today.
Speaker 5: Rivers does have a chance to play Sunday against the Seahawks, but they'll make that determination later on in the week. Washington Commanders quarterback Jaden Daniels won't play in Week fifteen against the Giants. Greatest quarterback Gino Smith likely to miss their game against the Eagles. Mike Evans expected back for the Bucks tomorrow against the Falcons, but Atlanta won't have wide receiver Drake London. The NFL announced the Texans Chargers game in Week seventeen along with the Ravens Packers contest will be played on Saturday, December twenty seventh. The NFL also notifying teams they are cutting the amount of times that the teams have to make a first round pick during the draft, so it goes down from ten minutes to eight. Every Olympic dream starts with the first glide through learn to Skate USA. Kids build confidence, strength and joy on the ice. Learn to Skate USA offers programs for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at learn to Skate USA dot com. Maverick Center Derek Lively out for the season because of foot surgery and Manchester City top to Real Madrid two to one during Champions League play.
Speaker 7: Today, guys back to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks dan Aria, And I heard the Mets water boy just went to the Brewers.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, the details.
Speaker 5: You guys have been talking about five years, one hundred and fifty five million dollars for Pete Alonzo to go to the Orioles. The Orioles were in on Schwarmer yesterday, but he wanted to go to the you know, to the back to the fills, so they gave it to Alonzo instead.
Speaker 1: You know, based on that rich there seems to be a popular sentiment. I hear a lot of people. I see a lot of people on social media saying.
Speaker 3: How do you let them go? I get it, but nobody let them go.
Speaker 1: Maybe they misstepped a little bit, But you can't control what other people do and the decisions they make.
Speaker 3: It's like a divorce.
Speaker 1: You can't control that person to stay in this relationship if they.
Speaker 2: Want to move on, bro, Bro, you let her go?
Speaker 3: Like, no, hey, I didn't let her go. She decided to leave.
Speaker 1: It's not like the Mets decided to let him go. They offered him, what how much less? They didn't let them go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Diaz DEAs, they don't come back and check. And he didn't even entertain a Mets offer. He just went with the Orioles. So you can't.
Speaker 1: Control people, man, They had their minds made up. Yeah no, you ain't kidding, buddy, all right, So hey start thinking about this based on Rivers comeback, who else could we really see returning? Realistically, this guy's coming back after not playing five years.
Speaker 3: Who else could return? It could be a coach, could be anyone.
Speaker 2: The window has closed since. But for a minute, I thought we might see more Grunk. But that windows closed. But didn't you think you'd see Grunk come back for some reason?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but I think that's off the table. We take your phone calls next right here on Covino and Rich, you own.
Speaker 2: This is my jam? You mean you forgot Cranberry's too, You know for years I never knew that. Oh they're just telling a fun story.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a love story.
Speaker 1: Man by Humbug, the waitresses, Christmas Rappings, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Everything's at Covino and Rich on social media. Quick reminder that our bonus podcast is available on our YouTube page. You could watch what you hear right now on our YouTube page and chat live Coveno and rich FSR tomorrow over promised Episode one twenty one. We welcome Jimmy jam the famous music producer. He's doing something really cool. He's gonna have stories of Michael Jackson, Prince, Lionel, Richie, you name it. But he's also a big sports fan, a big Timberwolves fan, big Minnesota fan. So Jimmy jam On over promised Covino and rich FSR tomorrow. Right now, We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And every goal starts with an assist on and off the field. That's why Haley On and US Soccer are launching for the Assist, a celebration of everyday acts of support that help people achieve their goals with iconic brands like Sensidine, Tom's, Voltern, Advil, and Centrum.
Speaker 3: To learn more, go to halle On Assist dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey Covino, Yeah, you hit your forties? What is one thing we all notice.
Speaker 1: Injuries are more likely to happen that could be the start of something? Right, what you think is just a little injury like could the start of something more never goes away.
Speaker 2: What else, take a look down a little bit, not as ripped as used to be. Exactly, yeah, as you used to be. Philip Rivers was asked about his weight at the press conference, and he you know, he was a good sport. He go, tell us about your playing weight now, because he does look a little uh, little thicker, chunky, little chunkier. He said, Well, my playing wet. I'll tell you this, It's not what it was when I walked off the field in Buffalo for my last game. But you know what, I ain't never run away from anyone anyway. He's He's like, I'm just slinging. I'm not running, you know.
Speaker 1: So you gotta respect the attitude and the fortitude and the willingness to go out there and risk injury and and prolong his Hall of Fame eligibility and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So but that's a cant, you know what. I'll tell you what. That's a can you want to kick down the road. If you could play, if you could play and have fun and be out on the field, you know what, your Hall of Fame eligibility just get it a little. When you're a little more of an older man, there'll.
Speaker 3: Be a little more gray based on this story. And it's a fun one.
Speaker 1: It's interest interesting, right, everybody has their opinions on it. Who else could you really see returning to the big leagues, to the NFL, to professional sports? Because one answer comes to mind, and it's not a player, it's a coach. And there's a lot of buzz that John Gruden might be that guy. Is he the number one answer?
Speaker 7: You might be, at least in Rumorville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Rumorville he might be.
Speaker 1: But hey, if you have any answers, hit us up at Covino and Rich and think about it and maybe we'll talk about it tomorrow. There's a lot of rumors about your boy, danyg The.
Speaker 2: Ship has sailed on a few of them. But I remember, for a minute, don't you feel like every off season you would see Bartolo Cologne.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's long.
Speaker 2: No matter how big he was, he just throws strikes. So I feel like there was a time where I'm like, could he come back again? Bartolo's one? I said Gronk At one point, I was like, maybe Gronky comes out. There are guys like t O or Ocho Cinco where I always thought that maybe a team would would take a chance, but they never did that. There are guys that threw it out there.
Speaker 1: Those those are older examples because I think that windows closed. So who are the other ones that are still around?
Speaker 2: Of like, maybe didn't Leonard Fournette this year be like yo, I want I want back in and everyone's like, oh, we're good.
Speaker 3: Rich.
Speaker 7: How about one connected to John Gruden, who did the Colts contact before they went and talked with Philip Rivers. Derek Carr.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know Derek Carr. They're saying that maybe he's a he's a mentor, like one year quarterback for whoever the Raiders draft, right yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I mean he's showing promise and broadcasting too though. So there's a lot of rumors about Cruden, Giants, Raiders, Brown Steelers.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: We'll talk more about it tomorrow. Think about it in the meantime, Rich, Sorry about your Mets buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, hey, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Arima there you baby, See you in the Promised Land.