Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katie and now he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Eddy. I'm not happy with President Putin at all. But this is something that would have never happened. I met with President. This is a war that was never going to happen. Send more weapons to Ukraine. We're going to send some more weapons. We have to. They have to be able to defend themselves. They're getting hit very hard. Now that's Donald Trump saying he is very unhappy with Vladimir Putin and what he is doing, killing so many people. We are going to send weapons to Ukraine so they can defend themselves.
Speaker 3: And workers did took you this long for him to wake up to the obvious, which is that Putin is bent on conquest?
Speaker 1: But here we are. Yeah, and I don't know where this goes. And then politically, I don't know where this goes. Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House, popular Republican in very maga in recent years, tweeted this out yesterday. I think he's trying to push Trump in a certain direction. Putin is making it very clear that any truce in Ukraine will come only when he is defeated. We talk, he kills Ukrainians, we talk some more, he kills more Ukrainians. He has openly said he wants to destroy Ukraine and it is his war aim. A combined Ukrainian US European effort will be needed to defeat him badly enough that he wants to cease fire. Until then, he will keep lying and keep killing. We don't need a single American military person fighting in Ukraine. We do need to provide advanced weapons and quantity permission to hit against military targets in Russia, and vastly expand sanctions against Russia. Only then will a ceasefire be possible. I one percent agree with what Newt said there. Trump just talked about defensive weapons, not offensive weapons. It's possible he's just not announcing offensive weapons. I mean, you don't need to when you're at war. Let the other side know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Well, there's again, there's no real distinction in warfare between defensive and offensive weapons. I mean, that's that's an artificial you know, bracketing. I think you defend yourself by winning by pushing your backward.
Speaker 1: I see what you mean, the best defense is a good offense or whatever. Yeah, but you know, it was until recently that anybody allowed them to shoot, however, many miles across the border. Then that guy in Germany said, yeah, it's all all on now they can shoot anywhere they want in Russia, and the US is on board too, And Trump was asked and said sure. So that's where we are, an ugly, ugly situation. So just wanted to get that on because I thought that was to me a welcome reversal of where Trump is dealing with all this. Of course, you've got your Secretary of State, who is Marco Rubio. Of course, how do you know if you're talking to Marco Rubio? It may be a I. A Marco Rubio impost is using AI voice to call high level officials listen to this. So this person contacted foreign ministers, a US governor, and a member of Congress, sending them voice and text messages that mimic Rubio's voice and writing style using artificial intelligence powered software. According to senior US officials in the State Department, US authorities do not know who's behind the string of impersonation attempts, but they believe the culprit was probably attempting to manipulate powerful government officials with the goal of gaining access to information or accounts. Is what they're trying to do, as opposed to change policy. You know, I don't know enough about that. What you know, secret lines they've got between Marco Rubio and various foreign ministers or whatever?
Speaker 3: What sort of accounts, mister Governor, this is Marco Rubio, the Secretary of State. Can I have your pin number? I'm here in d C and I forgot my wallet, so I just need a few bugs.
Speaker 1: I like, Bay, you're right back.
Speaker 2: I mean, what.
Speaker 1: Accounts do I have that I would give them? Marco Rubio? Oh yeah, I don't know about that, but I mean if if if you let Marco Rubio into various I'm about to read a little of that messaging systems you could get chats. Yeah, using both text messaging and the encrypted messaging message in app signal, which we all learned about during that scandal. The impostor contacted at least five non department individuals, including three foreign ministers. Governor Member of Congress said the cable. The impersonation campaign began mid June, so this has been going on for a couple of weeks. The actor left voicemails on signal or at least two targeted individuals, and in one instance send a text message inviting the individual to communicate on signal and then you guess you'd have a way to get in at that point, well, or.
Speaker 3: You would send out the invite in essence, they would join us a chat you've established, and then you could pump them for information.
Speaker 1: This is the first of endless examples of this happening. Yes, yeah, this is the new world we are entering into. I don't know how in the hell I had to the other day. I think one of those scams where you get a phone call and all they want from you is to talk as much as possible, right to be able to get your voice, because it was because the warnings we've set on the air that they claim is out there is when you get a call from a no number and there's just silence, don't start talking because they're just trying to record your voice so they can have your AI voice so that they can then you know, contact my parents, for instance, and say, hey, it's Jack, I'm in a Mexican jail. I need five hundred bucks or something, and my dad's dad. I'd say again, exactly, I'm gonna leave you there this time, maybe you'll learn. But I had one the other day where UH called and then nothing and I said, uh, hello, and then they they kept saying in like you could almost understand them, but not quite to make me say what are you talking about? What is this? And they'd say a little something, and then I would talk more, not tho. I think you're just fishing for as much my voice as you can get. Idiot says what. Yeah, wait a second, you just made me say what That makes me an idiot? Curses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are going to have to develop systems, whether you know, formal or informal, to deal with this because, like you say, it's gonna be everywhere all the time, and the grandparents rip it off brand that's already started. You know, you call with your grandparents, your grandkid's voice saying I got arrested, Grandma, I just need two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Well you don't even have to be a grandparent. I mean, what if I get a you know, whether it's pranks or trying to get money or whatever, they're trying to accomplish. I get a I get a call from sam my high school dad. I'm hurt dad, you know, and then it just hangs up. What the hell?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I don't gonna have to You're gonna have to have a code word like to start every conversation so you know it's you. It's like having a safe word in the S and M Dungeons that Michael likes to frequent. Sorry, you asked me not to mention that.
Speaker 1: It's just like that. It's like having a safe word in the S and M dungeons. Yes again, dungeon asked me to keep that to myself. You've been talking about that home remodel, so getting a dungeon or a new dungeon put in, or a bigger dungeon, or a better lit dungeon, or maybe dungeonrymodel. Maybe you want a darker dungeon with better ventilation. I don't know. Well, you know, you live with your dungeon for a while and you realize.
Speaker 3: You know what I really wish it had, and you just you know, you consult the internet and you know you're either right.
Speaker 1: If I had a wet bar in the corner or someplace where calling get thirsty being flogged. I mean, you know, it is those of you who get enjoyment out of being hit with things? What is that? I don't know. I don't know actually on that topic, it was. It was a bittersweet morning today.
Speaker 3: I had my last piece of peanut butter toast in our kitchen before it is ripped out. We're gonna empty it out today. It's going to be ripped out tomorrow morning. And and because apparently it needed to be redone at enormous expense and trouble because there was something wrong with it according.
Speaker 1: To my wife. So anyway, happy to be doing that. I'm the last persona that can understand what that means. And I realized I'm definitely an out liar on that, but I just yeah, So did you think about all the fantastic take unnecessary calories you had taken in in that kitchen?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, yeah, I remember that license pie on that counter.
Speaker 1: Especially, I had more pilot that was already full, but I thought why not.
Speaker 3: We are delighted to have my twenty five year old daughter living with us this summer, as she has an internship with a law firm nearby. But living with a twenty five year old and their metabolism and they're lust for various treats.
Speaker 1: It's bad. My kids have started policing me. They're better than me, and I've had to find other things to do because they kind of a go to was, Hey, let's go get up, you know, a milkshake or stop buying or something just you know, kind of a I don't know something to do with the kids because I used to love it when they're a little little lift And now if I say it's they're both no way, I'm not. You can have one, but I'm not having one. Wow. They're both super into watching their what they eat. Wow. Good for that. I'm not exactly sure why I haven't pushed them on that really, but well, I know what it is. They discovered the wonders of the feminine touch.
Speaker 3: Oh, actually, it's pretty wonderful my experience.
Speaker 1: Oh, that reminds me. I wanted to talk about the obsession with gut health. Okay, I like that. That's been one of these services that's super popular.
Speaker 3: Plus this congressman who is becoming rapidly becoming one of my faves grilling a woke gal in a house hearing the other day, Solid Gold the wonders of the feminine touch.
Speaker 1: That was an odd thing for me to say. I don't know why, it's an interesting phrase. Okay, we got more comments there.
Speaker 3: Oh, this heavy rock rift reminds me of oh, we don't have time for that to weah, maybe not. Jack sent me along string of the Big Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath concert the other day and it was pretty impressive. Anyway, more on that to come first. This though Representative Brandon Gill of Texas, who's impressed me several times. He is an emerging star in taking a woke witness in a house hearing and and you know, displaying them for what they are. In this case, it was the House Oversight DOGE Subcommittee, which was the hearing. Title was locking in DOGE cuts, ending waste, fraud and abuse for Good and one of the witnesses was Emily DeVito, Senior advisor for economic policy at Groundwork Collaborative, who testified on behalf of Democrats about how harmful reductions in federal spending are for the American people.
Speaker 1: And Gil had some questions for her. We'll start with the clip number one, Michael.
Speaker 4: How about another one? How about the Conference Gender equity in the mathematical study of commutative algebra. You think that that's a valid form of government spending.
Speaker 5: I think mathematical research of all types is deserving of government.
Speaker 4: What about studying and this is directly from the National Science Foundation's website, Women and non binary mathematicians?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Again, I think all kinds of government investment should be dedicated toward mathematic.
Speaker 2: All kinds of government investment. You don't.
Speaker 4: You don't have any kind of limit on what we're spending our money on just everything?
Speaker 2: Is that your testimony?
Speaker 5: I am talking about Doge you brought.
Speaker 2: Up, so am I this is a grant that Doese cut.
Speaker 5: I am not familiar with this particular grant, but I think government investment in mathematical Biopatrick.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, so I recognize it. I didn't recognize his name, but his voice from the previous times we've done it. But that's awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's roll on, Michael, Let's do another one.
Speaker 4: This one is called hashtag Transcendent Health, adapting an lg B plus inclusive team pregnancy prevention program for transgender boys.
Speaker 2: I can't even say this without laughing.
Speaker 4: Do you think that that is a useful form of our tax spend.
Speaker 5: I am not familiar with that grant, but I think bench research, government investment in scientific.
Speaker 4: And farming pregnancy for transgender boys. Do you think that that is a useful spend of our tax dollars.
Speaker 5: I think government investment in all kinds of scientific research is of the utmost important.
Speaker 4: Including pregnancy prevention for transgender boys.
Speaker 1: Okay, these these people, in their lack of willingness to budge at all on something that's so ridiculous, And there wouldn't be one percent of America that wants to fund that. Maybe one, but it wouldn't be more than five.
Speaker 3: Right, the absurdity of the idea of pregnancy prevention for quote unquote transgender boys.
Speaker 1: If that human can get pregnant, that ain't no boy. And she got to take it beyond that though, And it's the federal government's role, the taxpayer's job, to fund research about it. Not your county, not your school, not your state. No, it's not the university on its own right around the country, plenty of university woke universities. Go ahead and studied all you want, But I put my tax money into it. And there's more to this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna dig up more from the hearing for maybe tomorrow's show. But she gil asked her, what is a birthing person? That is outside my expertise, she said, and he says, is a birthing person a woman?
Speaker 1: Is that another word for a female?
Speaker 3: Just like Catangie Brown Jackson And one of the most absurd and humiliating and ridiculous moments in Supreme Court history in her confirmation hearing saying I'm not a biologist.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. And by the way, for any of you who say, well, that's a tiny amount of money, I want you to hit hit by a car today. Oh that's what I want. You're a monster. Because it's not just the money. It's the pushing back on the government spending money on well things they shouldn't spend money on at all, because it's not the federal government's role not to mention the nonsense of the wokeness that somebody slipped in there. When did that stuff end up in the budget? Good lord? Well, when you have whatever passed this past Thursday or Friday, the big beautiful bill, I guarantee you there's all kinds of stuff in there. I wouldn't be woke stuff, and it'll be different stuff that's ridiculous that somebody slipped in because it's so giant.
Speaker 3: Well, and some of it is borderline woke, because you've got these Republicans in swing districts who say, hey, I got to throw a bone to the left in my district or you know, I could lose this election, and you know, the Republican Party for you know, all due contempt for the lack of principle, there is something to be said for, hey, we've got to keep a majority to keep doing the good stuff. So if a Representative Jones has got to keep a phony effing green energy giveaway going, we better give it to them.
Speaker 1: I wish somebody would do a documentary where they follow all these things to their conclusion. I have a feeling I know what the end result would be. But so even the grant that went to the study of non binary mathematicians or whatever, I'd like to see who got that money, how they spent it, and what the results were. I mean, God, did it do anything other than like buy new furniture for somebody's office and did anybody pay any attention at all?
Speaker 3: Subtitle of that report was pat does calculus.
Speaker 1: Very informative. That's hilarious. That's what that is. If you missed a segment or an hour. Get the podcast. Seriously, Is anybody paying any attention to where that particular chunk of money went and what it did?
Speaker 3: No, No, they aren't. The handing out of the money is the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: We get a lot of vote thrown at us by Putin for you one another truth, very nice all the time, but it turns out to be meaningless.
Speaker 6: Do you want to say that.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm looking to the Senator is passing and passed a very very tough sanctions. But yeah, I'm looking at it. It's an optional bill. It's totally at my option.
Speaker 6: They passed it totally at my option, and to terminate totally at my option.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at it very strongly. So there's Trump one doing another, yet another press conference where he answers questions. He gets no credit for the fact that he answers like everybody's questions every day. But that's the strongest anti Putin statement he's ever made. Yes, you get a lot of bullets from Putiny, says all kinds of things. But it's all bulllest so you know, welcome to understanding that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I had to hope that it would have happened earlier. Well it's obvious. But anyway, I don't think he's, you know, a simpleton that didn't understand that. I just thought he thought that he could convince Putin to go a different direction. But yeah, I don't think Trump understands ideological fervor. He doesn't understand because he's you know, transactional or practical, if you prefer.
Speaker 1: To a fault.
Speaker 3: He doesn't get Muslim you know, fundamentalism. He doesn't get Putin's dreams of restoring the grandeur of the Russian Empire or hiesiin Pings for that matter.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've known business people that are kind of like that. They just don't don't understand it, Like, why would you do that that doesn't make you more money on anything? So that's pretty interesting. We do have a celebrity death to mention. Polly Walnuts from The Sopranos has died at the age of old. I don't know how old he was, with seventy nine, okay, ad dementia. Did he ever find the Russian in the woods is the question? Or did Jell we hear from the great Tony Currico what's his name?
Speaker 7: Yes, sure, it's all laughing. He had a lot of great lines in the sopranos.
Speaker 3: Yes he did, and we'll work to get those for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: Only Walnuts has passed. Anyway.
Speaker 3: He was an actor, so it was a great role, fabulous role. I thought this was interesting. Andrea Peterson wrote this for the Wall Street Journal about she's got on this program and I'm not even aware of the stuff until I read about it. But everybody's obsession with obsession with gut health, I.
Speaker 1: Was kind of familiar with.
Speaker 3: I'm actually interested in the science behind it, the idea that we human beings are not an organism, We're actually an ecosystem with millions of organisms living within us. It's actually kind of interesting and aspiring after you get past like an initial bit of ooginess. But everybody wants to have healthy intestinal systems, and that includes having the gut biome be in good shape. But so Andrew Peterson's writing about this, and I wasn't familiar with some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: They have these.
Speaker 3: Companies that you do all sorts of testing and logging and reporting of what you're eating, and then it gives you feedback on what you ought to be eating and how. She writes she'd failed the test. She got a rating of poor, and she was really disappointed on that. The whole week crackers I thought were healthy, Maybe not so much for me, A breakfast of fruit and all up pretty middling. Zoey the service I used? All right, wait a minute, I got to stop there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I find it so annoying that this gut health testing counseling service just gives itself a friendly, approachable girl's name, Zoe.
Speaker 1: What the F do you do? Where's Zoe? Seriously?
Speaker 3: If you're so weak minded that make that makes you more likely to give them your hard earned money, well you deserve to be parted from it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I find that so annoying, but I do. Why Zoey? Why not Caitlin or Jenna or whatever else? Did it just test better?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Stupid things that set you off For Alarious.
Speaker 3: It's among a growing number of companies that offer medical tests to people and provide them diet recommendations based on the results. Many scientists believe diet guidance tailored to an individual's biology will soon become Wow.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's bs or if that's true. Do we we're humans? Do we all need the same diet or do we all have an individual diet we should eat.
Speaker 3: There's a big national Institutes of Health study testing that approach right now, the the NIH. Do you remember the NIH? They had a standing six feet apart and wouldn't let the kids play in playgrounds. That doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong on this stuff, let's see. So anyway, she goes into how she was perplexed and bummed out at her her test.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Dejected. I avoided looking at the Zoe app for months. My editors still wanted a story, though, so I begrudgingly returned.
Speaker 1: Weird person, this is your job, for one thing. Secondly, you're not kind of interested in what was always going to tell you to eat.
Speaker 3: So, she says, I wasn't always diligent about logging my meals in the app, but it identified some weak spots in my diet. It also nudged me toward healthier choices. Still, the relentless task of tracking what I ate could be a joyless time suck here's how it went. And here's the part that I found really interesting. This is the reality of it.
Speaker 1: Okay an inprinciple, like, is this available to me today if I on my phone and I could start typing in everything I eat.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a lot more than an app, as you're about to find out, and there are quite a few of them that are competitive. But a big yellow box arrived on my doorstep containing an intimidating amount of paraphernalia. I unpacked a few paces of medical equipment for testing day. To prepare, I had to put together and to fix the continuous glucose monitor or CGM to the back of my arm. I could barely feel the tiny needle that would stay lodged in my body for the next two weeks. I answered a ton of questions in the app about my health history and usual diet. After fasting overnight, I ate the provided breakfast two pancake sized white chocolate cookies so sweet they made my teethache. The cookies at a generous amount fat and added sugar. The point is to stress the system, According to Belly's chief scientists, stress the system. Lunch was two more cookies, bright blue ones, the color made it possible to record your gut transit time or how long it takes for food to travel through the digestive system. That means you're on poop watch for the and when I uh so to speak yes when your poop turns blue. For the microbiome test, I had to collect a stool sample. Not pleasant, not even An even weirder test was the DIY blood draw, which involved a button like gadget that sliced a horizontal cut on my open upper arm.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I returned my samples to Zoe via ups.
Speaker 3: I'm sure delighted to be carrying people's poop around America.
Speaker 1: So I got to take a stool sample and then have something jabbing me in the arm with a needle to be told whether or not my gut biome is up to snuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're actually two separate. There was the jabbing and then the slashing. But for two weeks I logged everything I ate at least every eight hours. I scanned my continuous glucose monitor with my iPhone to record my blood sugar levels. To get the CJAM test kit, I had to opt into being part of Zoe's ongoing research. The test kit cost me two hundred and ninety four dollars and their acquired membership I chose is twenty five bucks a month. I'd say that's a bargain. I waited, that's a bargain for getting jammed in the arm of a needle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, CGM readings have long been essential for people with diabetes with researchers then on how useful the readings are for people like me who don't have it, she said, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just so, we just discovered this whole we're a bio organism gut hell thing fairly recently, at least I don't remember hearing about it until ten years ago or whatever. So everybody that lived before us, they were all doing it wrong, not knowing their gut biome and just eating whatever they ate back when people were thin, by the way, back when everybody was thinner.
Speaker 3: But that was also back when people were eating the obvious lean meats and fruit and vegetables and basic grains, unrefined food, unfactory processed stuff, stuff we'd been evolved to eat from millions of years. Yeah, And when she logged in what she ate, she got a food score and a meal score. Plain unsalted almonds snared a perfect one hundred, black beans ninety one, bacon got a nine, and the cupcake I grabbed at a work meeting a lowly nineteen. Wait a minute, a cupcake's better than bacon?
Speaker 1: Well, is the higher number better? Yes? So yeah, so bacon got a nine. Yes, huh.
Speaker 3: Plain unsalted almonds mmmmm mmmm scored a perfect one hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, I eat a lot of nuts at this point in my life, and they really been working for me and keeping my weight off.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a big fan. Actually that's a appetite suppressor eating nuts for Summerson, Yeah, yeah, I don't you know, she said.
Speaker 3: The bottom line was and she's kind of enthusiastic about chasing scores, so she was kind of into this, but it did guide her toward more simple, basic food.
Speaker 1: I think if you just wrote down, logged in what you eat every day and had no program and know nothing, it would be helpful because you looked at the end of the day and thought, wow, eh. I mean, if you're honest and left today. I had a donut at work, and then at lunch I had a you know whatever, and then in the afternoon I shouldn't be doing that. Yeah, yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like getting jabbed and slashed and paying three hundred bucks and twenty five bucks a month.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like collecting my dookies. Yes, uh, katy glad to follow such a phet speaking of speaking of nuts guys, Yes, just to.
Speaker 8: Slide up from earlier, not any less sad, But Polly Walnuts actually passed away three years ago today.
Speaker 1: Well, we got the basic right, So why is that? What is going on here? Oh? That's that's who did we kill off a couple a couple of months ago. We killed off the wrong person, like we made the completely wrong woman. We talked about her for a long time. Oh, it is the person Gloria Gaynor I will survive, who's still alive in well, as far as I know, we had a different gainer. She's dead. Next we are the wrong people to go to for celebrity deads Oh, that's hilarious. Well, as we all celebrate the three year anniversary of the death of an actor you good name, My pain is starting to fade. You can't played a month at touch of us laughing on his three year annivers The traditional three year anniversary.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh that is we need to do better, we need to be better well.
Speaker 1: And it just shows you how meaningful celebrity deaths are because we probably made a d lot of it when he died the first time. Right when we played it, I thought, wait a minute, to well, well, we'll hit you with this again in four years. I hope you're still listening. We'll finish strong next strong. Heyey, do you live in New York City? I need to move your car for street sweeping. The car sitter. It brings it out, these fires, and I'm putting them on all the cars. I'll set your car for a fraction of the price of a parking ticket and I'll move it, and I'm insured. So that is a woman who's come up with the idea of being a car sitter. I don't know if she invented it. I'd never heard of it before. It seems like a pretty good idea. I don't know how hard they'd be to get hold of, and I wouldn't use one all the time, but man, I can think of many times, being in San Francisco, a lot of paid to have a car sitter to avoid the pain in the ass of having to move your car or find a spot again, or whatever it is. You know, I was going to mock this gal way to aim high.
Speaker 3: Sweetheart, you're now a car sitter, But she's a twenty nine year old transplant from Seattle. She charges her New York City neighbors, who are mostly locals around her age, up to fifty dollars for a ninety minute car sitting session during so called alternate parking hours that designated dates and times when drivers must move their vehicles from one side of the street to the other for cleaning.
Speaker 1: Remember, this is what our old newsman, Marshall Phillips ended up in County La County jail for, is that he lived in a place where you had to move your car like every hour or something. He kept getting so many parking tickets that he eventually got thrown in the La County jail with the.
Speaker 3: Murderers and gang bangers and god knows who else. Yeah, residents who failed to comply with the city rules risk were receiving an initial sixty five dollars fee or ultimately getting toll a toad.
Speaker 1: But that's just moving your car around from a parking spot. But like if you could go into a major melt palm downtown where you've got to do some shopping or something, and like just pull up and a guy gets in my car and he drives around for the next forty five minutes or parks when he can or whatever. And then when I'm done, I come back out and get in my car in the same spot. I'd pay for that. Yeah, you come back, you got no car? Come on, letst You need somebody with some sort of a credit check verification, sort of five star something. Yeah, some sort of bonded car sitter. I had two the last two lift drivers I had in New York after having a really good string of drivers mostly on my vacation, although many that didn't speak a word of English, not a word, which makes it difficult to travel. Am I supposed to not downgrade somebody for the fact that I couldn't talk to them at all and say like, hey, how about you drop us off here? I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna do this and I'll walk to my what you can't have a conversation with them at all? Shouldn't that be four stars or something? Damn short? Anyway, I had two smelly guys. The last two I had smelled horrible. Ugh, did not dig that a.
Speaker 8: Bit, Jackie Clark kiss time stop.
Speaker 1: Jack and Joe got go.
Speaker 4: And if they don't give Candy'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap things up for the day. There is our technical director, Michael Angelo, to lead the way. Michael, final talk.
Speaker 6: Gotta be a tough day for me. I just found out Prince died. Well, I have terrible, terrible news about Caesar Romero. You might want to sit down, Katie Esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 8: As a final thought, Katie, I will never forget the day that I was at the radio station in San Francisco and I looked down and my car had been towed. Uh, And I had to finish my shift, knowing I'd no idea where the vehicle went.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and dealing with getting it back I've done it before is a pain in the ass inexpensive.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, at least in San Francisco completely mobbed up.
Speaker 1: Jackie final thought for us, The most underappreciated story of the day, I think is somebody using Marco Rubio's AI voice to call governors and leaders of other countries or whatever. I think this is going to become a giant problem. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Final thought is the end of the car Sitter Lady story. She actually saw the chaos when one of the street sweepers was going down the block and she posted a video featuring flyers reading kneed your car moved the car sitter along with her contact info. For some reason, it went viral and got six hundred thousand views.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And she says, I basically had to build the brand in a day.
Speaker 1: Cool. I like innovation.
Speaker 3: I'm making as much money as an OnlyFans model, yes, which we're actually going to talk about during the One More Thing podcast Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people, thanks a little time, good Armstrong, Getdy dot com for the hotlings Katie's Corner, drop us a Nope mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Check out the ang swag in the Ang Store, and subscribe to the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: You get One More Thing automatically. Yeah. There are a couple of interesting wrinkles in the news today. We'll have the latest on tomorrow. We'll see then God bless America. I'm strong and gett he.
Speaker 2: Has to stop, like the day before yesterday.
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Dead short audio smofo, get hell out of here. One final message? Do I Jack? Do I come off as unapproachable when really I'm just this is just my normal thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, nothing right, and I see everybody hesitating.
Speaker 1: Let me lead the problem a million percent by Armstrong and Getty