Speaker 1: All right here it is your brand new Awkward Tuesday podcast today on the second a podcast. And we love when listeners leave us messages. That's why we like to read them on air. Yes, and we sat on air and podcasting.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and we say comments on recording. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, but go ahead and read them in the microphone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Sign of bo said, I can't believe last Ramadan. I started listening to y'all every day because I couldn't listen to music. I really thought I would stop after Ramadan, but I didn't. I ended up being y'all's top listener. And it's been a whole year now. I've listened to every single day non stop. I'm actually gagged realizing it's really been a year.
Speaker 4: This is like people that cut out sugar or alcohol and they just go, look, I'm gonna do it for two weeks and then they end up for the long run.
Speaker 2: I like that you compare us to a good thing.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 6: That's good. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being here. However you found us. Your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 5: Imagine on the most romantic day of the year. You have two people reach out to you, both asking if they can be your Valentine. Oh my god, are you in a dream?
Speaker 2: Jeff, you wake up.
Speaker 5: It's both together. It's not about me, it's about one of our listeners. What do you do? Because I can tell you with full certainty, you should not do what this listener did, because it's landed him here asking for help with an awkward Tuesday phone call. You're gonna hear all about the fateful decision he made coming up next.
Speaker 4: It's awkward. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 5: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. What percentage do you think dating experts say getting back together with an X is a good idea?
Speaker 1: I mean only times I've heard of it, literally got married good idea?
Speaker 2: Or fun idea?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, but maybe they've grown brooke. Maybe the problems that caused your breakup are all resolved now. Ah, maybe the statute of limitations on that restraining order finally expired and you're free. Yay, that's that's not a good romantic.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 5: So what's the expert's final number on the chances that will work out with your ex? Less than five percent?
Speaker 2: So you're saying there's a chance it's above zero. It's actually better than I expected.
Speaker 4: I know two different couples that broke up and then years later got back and they're married.
Speaker 2: Just wait for the divorce.
Speaker 5: But nobody knows those percentage numbers more than our listener. Brock reached out to our show needing some help. Rock Welcome to your life.
Speaker 6: Then, I really wish I would have heard the a couple of weeks ago. I would I would have made a couple of different decisions.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you should just be always googling the divorce rate periodically.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're in deep regret right now.
Speaker 6: That's a bulls eye right there.
Speaker 5: Wow, good job, but we.
Speaker 2: Can work from that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what happened? Why do you say that?
Speaker 6: So? I was seeing this new girl for a month, Chloe, super casual, new relationships. Things are going great. We've really hit it off and really connect And on Valentine's Day she reaches out and she asked me if I want to be her Valentine. Oh, I got asked, and I'm like, that's what every guy wants, you know, Like I feel special. I said, yes, I'll be your Valentine.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, does that mean she's going to plan a date? That's awesome.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't know what it really meant. I'm like, hey, I'm with you and you're with me, so cool. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like a cute way to ask to be exclusive.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 5: I mean Valentine's just hang out that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things are good though, you're flattered, people are happy.
Speaker 5: Sure, So what happen next?
Speaker 6: Well, my ex she texted me the same day, and it was a long one. Yeah, it was. It was basically her saying how much she missed me, how she felt bad about our relationship ending the way it did, she laughing for somebody else. She wished that she could take it all.
Speaker 1: Back Valentine's Day when she suddenly single again.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, And she also told me she wanted to see me for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: Oh but you've already said yes to Chloe.
Speaker 2: You're already someone's Valentine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, But I also still had feelings for her, and we didn't break up that long ago. It was only a couple months ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: That does change it a little.
Speaker 2: I could see that we've been there, So.
Speaker 5: What did you do?
Speaker 6: I mean, I said yes, I'd be her Valentine's too.
Speaker 5: Try to do a double Valentine.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He hasn't thought this out too far.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I like where this is going. So what happens on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 6: Oh? I mean, first off, I hung out with Chloe and then it was great and fun, and then I hung out with my ex.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I didn't think it was gonna work out. That's wonderful. Two women were made happy that day, Brooke. That should bring a smile to your face.
Speaker 2: You hung out with them on the same day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the day of the year.
Speaker 2: I'm like a late day, late celebration.
Speaker 6: With one of them. I mean, what can I do? I was two people's Valentines and I had to be there.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, it sounds like you probably didn't feel guilty about doing it to your ex because she sounds like she was maybe overlapping at the end of your relationship.
Speaker 5: So what's happened since then?
Speaker 6: So? I had spent more time with my ex and we kind of we picked things up where they left off and it was good for a while. But a couple of days ago she dumped me again. For another guy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, same thing that happened the first time.
Speaker 1: I mean that's like first time, shame on you second time.
Speaker 5: I don't know that's saying. I think I've always heard blame the ex.
Speaker 6: I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: Blame the Yeah, it's not cool of her, I would agree with that.
Speaker 5: All right, So you've reached out for an awkward Tuesday? What made you do that? Where are you hoping to get out of this?
Speaker 6: So? I need you guys to call Chloe for me?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, rebound double time?
Speaker 6: I say that. I mean this is more like I was robbed of an opportunity to build something genuine with Chloe because of my ex. Chloe doesn't know about any of this that's happened, and I need this to be smoothing.
Speaker 4: You want to tell her?
Speaker 2: What did you tell Chloe?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, did you stop seeing her while you got back together with your ex?
Speaker 6: I mean, I've been more distant and I haven't hung out there as much.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you were seeing both? Yeah, she's probably clocked on by now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we don't know. Is there any hints that she's aware of you going back to your ex girlfriend?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Nothing does that feel like cheating.
Speaker 1: I mean, if Chloe were to have been seeing another guy, would you consider that cheating on you?
Speaker 6: I mean, if I didn't know, even no.
Speaker 5: Nice, I like that. If I'm not aware of it, but it's not cheating.
Speaker 6: It is if I don't know, there's nothing for me to be upset about her.
Speaker 5: I like that. Okay, So now you mess. You want to reach out to the girl that you kind of ditched to see if you can start things up again with her, and you don't want to tell her about the whole situation with your ex.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean this is only a couple of weeks ago. Like, this isn't a long time ago. So I just need some advice on kind of how to bridge the gap and take it back up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've kind of ghosted her for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, some girls like head games, no one ever. Well, we're going to have to play them when we come back. Give our advice to Brock and let him make his awkward Tuesday phone call trying to reignite things with Chloe. I'm not right after this. Hold on, it's it's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Who wouldn't want to jump into the dating pool after this because our listener, Brock, if you're just joining us, was put in a tough position a few weeks ago when two women asked if they could be his valentine on Cupid's big Day.
Speaker 2: He couldn't say no.
Speaker 5: Well, first was a girl named Chloe that he'd been casually seeing for a month, and he said yes to her.
Speaker 2: And he liked her, excited about it.
Speaker 5: But then he got a message from his ex Yikes, also asking to see him, and Brock said yes to her too, because there are still feelings there. And really he's been spending most of his time with his ex until a few days ago when she dropped him again in the same way as before, leaving him for a different guy. So he feels like he made the wrong choice and now wants to reach back out to the first girl, Chloe, to reignite that spark without Oh yeah, by the way, I left you for my ex. So how does he pull that off? Brooke?
Speaker 1: You're up, well, I think that last part is totally wrong. I've been in this position before, and I think this is what you have to do, is you have to come clean and you have to say, listen, that experience really taught me something, and it's that I'm so over her and I just want to be with you.
Speaker 5: Oh that's mature, Brock. Are you still awake after that?
Speaker 6: I mean yes and no.
Speaker 2: Can you come out looking like the hero, Brock?
Speaker 6: It is super risky to do that though.
Speaker 4: That's making yourself very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: But you're honest, she wins. I mean, I don't see a downside to this.
Speaker 5: I'm sure she's not going to be offended when she finds out the real reason that he did it.
Speaker 2: But hanging out for a month totally.
Speaker 5: I'm with you there. Now you have that piece of advice, Brock. Jose, what do you think, Well.
Speaker 4: There's a famous Seinfeld episode where Kramer gets fired and then he just keeps showing up to work.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, nobody notices.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, So you gotta.
Speaker 4: Do the same thing, act like nothing happened and you guys are still doing good.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what we just talked about our show called ghost lighting? Oh yeah, ghosts ghosted someone and then you pretend like you didn't.
Speaker 5: It is the hot, cool new thing to do right now in the dating world. So I like Jose's advice, very topical, he's already ghosted. He just seems to do the gaslighting.
Speaker 2: Very topical or very toxic.
Speaker 3: You can choose mature toxic here twice, two options.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's toxic. Again, Like, if she doesn't know, then nothing bad happened, right.
Speaker 2: I haven't talked to her in week. She knows something, she's got a moral, but.
Speaker 5: She won't know. If he's just feeling the good vibe. She'll just ride that train with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, who's to say something bad happened?
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 6: Maybe I was in an accident, maybe my dog died. She doesn't know her.
Speaker 2: Make up a little far, But go ahead, ghost lighter.
Speaker 5: I think you got the spirit of it. We are running a little bit short on time, so I'm in a dial Chloe for you, and we can step away and let you make your call. You feel ready, I'm ever gonna get Let's do it all right, good luck. We'll be here waiting to jump in if you need us. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, Chloe, what's up? Ah?
Speaker 1: Who is this? Hey?
Speaker 6: It's mad It's Brock. What's up? Oh? What number is there? Oh? I mean I had to get a new phone. Because that dropped the other one and accidentally kicked it into the lake, and so it's just a new one and it's just been a huge Yeah it was. I mean, I'm not this well this guy sometimes, but I got it replaced and I had your number written down and it's been this whole process and complicated. How are the cats husband in Journey? Oh?
Speaker 5: What a?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I was just thinking, like, we haven't hung out in a hot minute, and like we, you know, get some steak or something. Uh what I mean maybe like you're down for seafood or like chicken or like, I mean whatever, I'm not picky. What about you and your exh? What? What are you? What are you talking about? Okay, I swear I saw a photo of you in your ex the day after Valentine's Day of your Instagram? What was that about? Was? Was? What about? Why were you posting photos of you and your ex? Whoa actually funny story here? So? Uh you remember when you texted me to be your Valentine? Yeah? Well okay, same time. It's funny. My eggs also texted me with some cry baby sob story how she missed me and she wished the weekend sin you know Valentine's together. Oh okay, and you know stupid me, right, i'mb idiot, Hello, Brock. I so for it, and I ended up spending that night with her. Oh oh but you saw me earlier that night. Look, it was like I was under her spell. You can't blame me for that, right, Like, what's my fault? What are that going?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: What do you want from me? Now? Okay? Basically she briled me in and she built me for a second time. Oh you don't say no, don't. Yeah, And like I just I just realized like the air of her ways, and like I just think we should continue where we left off. Oh my god, Oh you are such an idiot.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: I needed some help, Brock.
Speaker 5: I think you need to be quiet for a second and let us step in here for a couple of years. Maybe because hey, Chloe, you're on a radio show right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Wow. Okay, do I like win something for going out with the sloother.
Speaker 5: Or that's a little harsh?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, can't we just stick with idiot? That's like a fun thing to call.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The reason that we're calling you is this is something called an awkward Tuesday phone call. Brock reached out because he feels terrible about how things played out, the decisions that were made. He just wishes that he could go back in a race the past two weeks of his life.
Speaker 2: He's very regretful for hooking back up with his ice man.
Speaker 6: You guys should have done this, like, you are way better this than I am.
Speaker 1: Wellok, you included way too many details, like especially the one where why you're ex dumped you all.
Speaker 2: I like that. It's not my fault.
Speaker 5: To be fair, you did say come completely clean Brooke as your advice.
Speaker 2: You didn't take ownership of anything, Brock.
Speaker 6: That's a good point, bro my fault like she played me.
Speaker 5: Well, Well, the ownership is you made the decision to get back with her, and I'm sure that Chloe feels absolutely horrible about that, right Chloe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I have no sympathy literally a zero.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: I mean you should though, because you were robbed of this experience too.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, you were both due by your devious ex girlfriend trying to get in the middle of you two and break you tow up. You can't let her get away with that that's a spin.
Speaker 6: I mean no, we can. We can definitely go out like like I said, steak or chicken or seafood or world.
Speaker 5: You've given all the menu options. We know Brock. That's great, Chloe.
Speaker 1: Were you ever excited about Brock like before the X, I.
Speaker 6: Mean yeah, we were in the like having fun stage. Yeah, yeah, we have fun together. Man, I can forget everything if you can't, of course forget that.
Speaker 5: That's quite an offer, Chloe. What do you think? Are you fully moved on from Brock? Or is there any part of you that wants to just give him, like one more chance, just meet up with him like his ex did she wanted him back.
Speaker 6: Are you seriously asking that? So? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think this has been very clear from the very beginnings.
Speaker 5: Sounding like you're not buying what Brock is putting down.
Speaker 6: Chloe, You're okay with missing out on all of this because of her?
Speaker 2: Why do I imagine him pointing to.
Speaker 5: You're going to miss out on so much, all the steak and the chicken, the seafood.
Speaker 6: Don't forget to see man, no one.
Speaker 5: Else can offer that all the cuisines.
Speaker 6: I said no, and I couldn't be any clearer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: All right, well, very very clear boundaries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how you doing, man, I'm awkward, I guess I understand.
Speaker 6: I am sure.
Speaker 5: Very I am so sorry about Brooks advice. If you had gotten something else, you would have been.
Speaker 2: Able to pull that my advice.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell him to go into details about how he hung out with both of them on the same side.
Speaker 6: I took the higher roads for the first time, and that obviously didn't work out.
Speaker 3: I think you've tried to gas at the beginning, but she caught on.
Speaker 5: Well, remember we learned experts say there's less than a five percent chance that getting back with Chloe would be a good idea.
Speaker 6: I mean, just one a time. I'm gonna take my odds with my ex.
Speaker 5: You don't she takes you back again, Jeffrey and morning. It's always a good move to threaten to get back with your ex to make somebody jealous. Brook You still use that trick with your husband to this day.
Speaker 2: Right, I would laugh if he said that to me. He's so ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well, my ex never had any issues taking out the trash, so maybe I'll go talk to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first side of the healthy relationship.
Speaker 5: Jeff Unfortunately, she already knew that he was kind of back with his ex, so it was kind of doomed from the start of that call.
Speaker 1: I feel like Chloe could be like some sort of research model of how to handle a guy like this.
Speaker 2: She did so.
Speaker 5: Well total indifference in sarcasts played well. But you know what's a sign of an extremely healthy relationship subscribing to our podcast.
Speaker 1: Listening to other people's downfalls together exactly.
Speaker 5: You'll feel way better about whatever's going on between you and your significant other. So make sure you hit that subscribe button. And if you're not listening online, go find us Abro and Jeffrey